The draw for AO [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The draw for AO

sweetiepiedoll
01-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Is the draw available for the AO? I want to know where they will place David Nalbandian because I would like for him to be in the bottom half and I would like for Roger Federer to be placed in the top half. I am curious to see a Nalby-Fed AO Final (with Nalby defeating Fed in a close-five setter). If Nalby doesn't make it to the final, then I would like to see a Hewitt-Fed AO Final (with Hewitt defeating Fed) because it has been a long time since Hewitt won a major and he was close to winning his native slam last year. Also, he hasn't played much since the US Open so he should be in top shape and the birth of his daughter will add extra motivation. I have nothing against Rogi Fed, but the day will come that he will lose his first major final and I am curious to find out who will defeat him. No offense to die-hard Fed fans, but I am only being honest.

peacechick
01-10-2006, 06:20 PM
I believe the draw is thursday or something

peacechick
01-10-2006, 06:22 PM
oops sorry it's sunday, january 15th. Sais so on the website

jtipson
01-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Hmm. That's rather late.

Jimnik
01-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Why is the draw for the Aus Open so late?

1sun
01-10-2006, 06:30 PM
defo

Galaxystorm
01-10-2006, 06:38 PM
The main draw will be held on 13th , friday

Deboogle!.
01-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Fed will definitely be in the top half. Roddick definitely in the bottom. That's about all we know for sure. lol.

Fee
01-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Which is Thursday evening for the thread starter, here in the US. It will be put in the Aus Open forum (probably by smucav, she does types up excellent draws).

Galaxystorm
01-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Fed will definitely be in the top half. Roddick definitely in the bottom. That's about all we know for sure. lol.

Also that Hewitt and Nalbandian wouldn't meet until the final

peacechick
01-10-2006, 06:43 PM
The main draw will be held on 13th , friday

Really? well at the AO website, if you click at mens draw it says that it will be released at January 15th. Is kinda weird though...

Galaxystorm
01-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Really? well at the AO website, if you click at mens draw it says that it will be released at January 15th. Is kinda weird though...

It's surely just a typo

nobama
01-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Fed will definitely be in the top half. Roddick definitely in the bottom. That's about all we know for sure. lol.Someone on the tennis warehouse boards thinks Lleyton should be seeded second. Since when does any tournament other than Wimbledon mess with the seedings? :lol: The only time I'm aware of it was 1996 US Open.

peacechick
01-10-2006, 06:49 PM
The Main Draw will be released on Sunday 15 January and play begins Monday 16 January, 2006. The Australian Open Website will have full draw sheets from the five main draw tournaments, the four junior tournaments and the wheelchair Classic 8s. These pages display completed match scores and the progression of the players in each event (Men's Singles, Women's Singles, etc.) and allow you to view the next and previous round match-ups (where available).

I really am hoping it is a typo, but it would be a reaaaal big one

shotgun
01-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Which is Thursday evening for the thread starter, here in the US. It will be put in the Aus Open forum (probably by smucav, she does types up excellent draws).

smucav is female??? :eek: :eek:

Galaxystorm
01-10-2006, 06:53 PM
The Main Draw will be released on Sunday 15 January and play begins Monday 16 January, 2006. The Australian Open Website will have full draw sheets from the five main draw tournaments, the four junior tournaments and the wheelchair Classic 8s. These pages display completed match scores and the progression of the players in each event (Men's Singles, Women's Singles, etc.) and allow you to view the next and previous round match-ups (where available).

I really am hoping it is a typo, but it would be a reaaaal big one

If on friday when you wake up the draw isn't still available, then it will be held for sure on sunday :lol:

peacechick
01-10-2006, 06:58 PM
If on friday when you wake up the draw isn't still available, then it will be held for sure on sunday :lol:

:p That's not exactly waking up nice ;)

Galaxystorm
01-10-2006, 07:00 PM
:p That's not exactly waking up nice ;)

Look at this site. http://stevegtennis.com/factsheets/2006/a-ausopen.htm

It's usually a very reliable source

muniu
01-10-2006, 07:23 PM
:)

Fee
01-11-2006, 04:37 AM
Perhaps this should be stickied at the top of GM until the draw comes out.

keep_er_lit!
01-11-2006, 03:43 PM

*bump*

peacechick
01-11-2006, 03:49 PM

Would be a good idea, I've seen quite a few different threads about the same thing

jtipson
01-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Someone on the tennis warehouse boards thinks Lleyton should be seeded second. Since when does any tournament other than Wimbledon mess with the seedings? :lol: The only time I'm aware of it was 1996 US Open.

Oh, ignore barry and chadwixx, they come up with the same conspiracy theory (Americans, particularly Roddick, don't deserve the ranking/seeding they get) at every Grand Slam event. Just wait until the draw comes out. If Hewitt is in the top half, then they'll post another thread about how it is all loaded in Roddick's favour again (even though that means he'll be up for a semi against Nalbandian).

Xmanfan
01-11-2006, 04:17 PM
this probably belongs in womens tennis but I'm not registered there so thought I'd mention it here. Sesil Karantantcheva's been banned from playing for 2 years. what a shame. such a young girl, she's been v silly,