Moya def Grosjean 5-7 7-5 7-6 (7-4) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Moya def Grosjean 5-7 7-5 7-6 (7-4)

Magical Trevor
01-10-2006, 10:12 AM
I know people get sick of result threads, but this was a truly amazing match, I just had to post about it.

By far the best match at Sydney this week. The standard of tennis was incredible, aside from a couple of Moya double faults, and lasted over 2 and a half hours in the blistering sun. Heck, I struggled sitting in the sun, let alone playing.

I can't remember everything, but anyone who was there, let's discuss it, because it was a remarkable match, the best I've ever seen live.

I mean, I was going for Moya all the way, but in the tiebreak, when everyone was cheering him on, I couldn't help but yell out for Sebastien, just because his play deserved so much more support from the crowd. He did at least get a standing ovation from the crowd as he left the court.

Deivid23
01-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the report, mate. Vamos, Charly!

willrock
01-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Heartbreaking result for Seb...
And for me who bet all my vcash on him :bigcry:
Moya was expected to be tired after his Chennai run! :S

Puschkin
01-10-2006, 10:46 AM

Perhaps he remembered that he was once a champion ;) . More of this, please!

bad gambler
01-10-2006, 10:50 AM
moya was clutch down the stretch

Magical Trevor
01-10-2006, 10:51 AM
moya was clutch down the stretch
Yeah... a lot of running forehand winners on big points.

Magical Trevor
01-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Heartbreaking result for Seb...
And for me who bet all my vcash on him :bigcry:
I wouldn't worry too much. If he plays the way he did this afternoon in Melbourne, he'll have some nice results I'm sure. And he seems to have a bigger serve than I remember when I last saw him. He got some up to the 215km area.

mandoura
01-10-2006, 11:11 AM
:woohoo: Go Carlito :bounce:

He did it, Sjouk :D :yeah:

:sad: Seb.

willrock
01-10-2006, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't worry too much. If he plays the way he did this afternoon in Melbourne, he'll have some nice results I'm sure. And he seems to have a bigger serve than I remember when I last saw him. He got some up to the 215km area.

The matter is that Grosjean always shows the potential to have nice results.
He is regular at Wimbledon, reaching at least the QFs last three years, but somehow chokes in the other slams, although he's got the abilities to be a regular Quaterfinalist in Slams. I guess he's getting old and his time might be past... But I still have faith.

HappyAndie
01-10-2006, 11:54 AM
VAMOS!
I love Grosjean and Moya, so I wouldn't have been too upset either way, but I have to admit that I am excited to see Carlos doing well again.

TheBoiledEgg
01-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Carlos :D :) a good comeback, esp after that dismal final in Chennai

silverwhite
01-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Seb :sad:

Apart from Arnaud and Flo, the Frenchies have not been doing well in Sydney. :(

Angle Queen
01-10-2006, 01:16 PM
I know people get sick of result threads, but this was a truly amazing match, I just had to post about it. Not here...especially when neither of the players involved is one of the top 5/10 guys.

Sounds like it really was an exciting match between two veterans who are both skilled and entertaining. How wonderful for you to be able to have seen it live. I'd love it if both gentlemen had terrific years.

:secret: And, psst, welcome to MTF!

MariaV
01-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the news and welcome to MTF Magical Trevor!
Lord Carlos the Almighty in mighty form!!!!!!!! :worship: :D

claudine140
01-10-2006, 02:21 PM
i didn't know moya had to play grosjean. If i knew i would't gave him any chances!!!!! after his long week in sydney!!!!
that proves moya is back on business, hope his condition stays good and his body can hold the forces of the matches
stay healthy moya and i think you will have a good year

MariaV
01-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Glad to see you back here too Claudine! Of course he's back in business, he said his shoulder's fine, no pain whatsoever after the Chennai final. And he seems to be fit enough for yet another AO ordeal! :D :wavey:

Galaxystorm
01-10-2006, 02:51 PM
I thought Carlos was gonna lose to Grosjean . I remember last year when after winning Chennai title Moya arrived to Sydney late on monday and had a lot of problems to get the sleep because of time zone change and jet lag ( even he was on the phone a lot of time during the night talking with his friends since he couldn't sleep ) , and later on tuesday he lost to Stepanek.

I thought this year would happen the same . I'm happy for Carlos :) , but my Vcash is angry with him :(

mangoes
01-10-2006, 02:59 PM
I really thought after India, Grosjean would win this................CONGRATS CARLOS :)

Magical Trevor
01-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Unfotunately, Carlos couldn't continue on with his momentum.

He withdrew from his match against Blake this afternoon. I'm not entirely sure what the injury was though. Maybe just fatigue or heat illness.

missbungle
01-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I think Lord Carlos' injury is some sort of hip flexor problem. Hopefully he'll be okay for AO.

willrock
01-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Unfotunately, Carlos couldn't continue on with his momentum.

He withdrew from his match against Blake this afternoon. I'm not entirely sure what the injury was though. Maybe just fatigue or heat illness.

He could have let Grosjean win :o :lol:

zethand
01-12-2006, 12:03 AM
very good Carlos :)