Aus Open Qualifying [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Aus Open Qualifying

Ferrero Forever
01-10-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm probably only going to be allowed to go to qualifying on thursday and friday, i haven't been before so i'd like to know a few things. Where are you allowed to go in Melbourne Park for qualifying, are there good matches being played, what are the chances of seeing the others practise (JC in particular) and is it worth going altogether. Any other info you have would be great too. Thanks in advance.

~EMiLiTA~
01-10-2006, 10:29 AM
you go in at the main entrance (not sure what the big road is)...the entrance is at the bottom of the ramps near Vodafone Arena...you'll see a little tent thing and you have to go there to get a sticker so you can get in.

there can be really good matches on during qualies, it just depends. sometimes other players like jc practise, although it's often in rod laver arena or vodafone where you can't go in (that's where he was one day last year)...and sometimes they even practise off site.

another thing to know is that there aren't many food stalls open during qualies, so don't rely on being able to buy the stuff you would normally be able to buy during the tournament.

it's worth going to though i reckon, you still see people and it's fun. i'll be there all 3 days.

Experimentee
01-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Yeah I think its definitely worth it to go to qualifying. There are great matches on, and you might discover some new faves.
You enter from Gate 5, which is on the Vodafone Arena side.

There is a very high chance of seeing JCF practise at quallies. RLA and Vodafone are usually only reserved for huge stars, like Agassi and Federer, and JCF isnt exactly as big as he used to be, so he should be practising on an outside court. In fact, last year when I went to quallies I saw a JCF practise session on Court 21 or thereabouts.

And as Emilita mentioned, being your own lunch, if you dont want to be paying $6 for a crappy sandwich (thats all the food they have at quallies).

CooCooCachoo
01-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Have fun :rocker2:

I want to go to GS Qualies :worship:

adee-gee
01-10-2006, 01:44 PM
:awww: anyone want to get me pics and give me a report on Mathieu Montcourt? He's playing the quallies :D