When will the seeds be announced? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

When will the seeds be announced?

konyalikartal
01-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Do you know when the seeds for AO 2006 will be announced?

jtipson
01-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Draw is Friday local time; I'm not sure they announce the seeds separately, do they?
Anyway, it's easy enough - look at today's ranking list, disregard those that have pulled out and take the top 32 players. There may be some further withdrawls before Friday though.

nobama
01-09-2006, 11:33 AM
What's the latest a player can withdraw?

jtipson
01-09-2006, 11:49 AM
I don't know what the deadline is, presumably Friday morning. McNamee is expecting a decision from Nadal on Thursday according to something I read this morning.

If a seed withdraws after the draw has been made, the normal practice is to move up the highest ranked unseeded player into his place as 33rd seed, and fill the gap left with a lucky loser / qualifier spot. But I doubt Nadal or Safin will leave it that long to make their decision.

ozfan44
01-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Seedings are usually announced day before qualies so maybe wednesday! if your lucky tomorrow!

Fee
01-09-2006, 04:03 PM
I think they 'encourage' the main draw players to withdraw on Wednesday before the qualie draw is made, but I don't think there is a fine involved. VR.com said that Rafa was going to make a decision before that deadline, possibly even today.