The "Juani is the Sydney Sensation" cheering thread! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "Juani is the Sydney Sensation" cheering thread!

Eugenia
01-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Yay! Juan is playing in Sydney, and it's time to win the first match of the year! :rolleyes: :yeah: :lol:
This is the Singles Main Draw:

HEWITT, Lleyton AUS (1) vs Q
CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG vs MELZER, Jurgen AUT
Q vs VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL (SE)
GUCCIONE, Chris AUS (WC) vs FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP (5/WC)

GASQUET, Richard FRA (4) vs ANDREEV, Igor RUS
MALISSE, Xavier BEL vs LUCZAK, Peter AUS (WC)
SANTORO, Fabrice FRA vs SERRA, Florent FRA
TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS vs ROBREDO, Tommy ESP (6)

BLAKE, James USA (8) vs SANGUINETTI, Davide ITA
GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA vs MOYA, Carlos ESP
Q vs DENT, Taylor USA
VERDASCO, Fernando ESP vs JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE (3)

STEPANEK, Radek CZE (7) vs SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA
Q vs HANESCU, Victor ROM
MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA vs CALLERI, Agustin ARG
BERDYCH, Tomas CZE vs DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS (2)

Corina2605
01-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Thanks Eugenia. Good luck to Juan! I don't like Melzer, so really, really hope Juan beats him!

Vamos Juan :)

Eugenia
01-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Thanks Eugenia. Good luck to Juan! I don't like Melzer, so really, really hope Juan beats him!

Vamos Juan :)

OK, cool! :o :lol: ;)
Btw, I love your avatar! :worship:

Eugenia
01-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Monday OOP

Court 6
Juan Ignacio CHELA (ARG) Vs Jurgen MELZER (AUT)
Vera DUSHEVINA (RUS) Vs Vera ZVONAREVA (RUS)
Elena LIKHOVTSEVA (RUS) Vs Yuliana FEDAK (UKR)
Marc KIMMICH (AUS) / Peter LUCZAK (AUS) Vs Frantisek CERMAK (CZE) / Leos FRIEDL (CZE)

Dale Juani!!! :bounce:

Eugenia
01-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Hey! I think that I'm going to follow the live scores here, so if somebody wants to stay in this thread with me, you are all invited! :wavey:

For the records: Juan is not playing doubles in Sydney.

katica
01-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Vamos Chela!!!

Eugenia
01-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Ok guys, I'm a little bit late because I was at dinner... Bad news: Melzer took the first set 6-2. Now Juan is serving 40-0 3-4. I hope the things change a little now... :)

Eugenia
01-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Juan - Melzer 2-6 4-4*

Eugenia
01-09-2006, 01:41 AM
Juan - Melzer 2-6 *4-5

Eugenia
01-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Juan - Melzer 2-6 5-5*

Eugenia
01-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Juan - Melzer 2-6 *5-6

Eugenia
01-09-2006, 01:52 AM
Juan - Melzer 2-6 6-6*

Eugenia
01-09-2006, 01:53 AM
Juan - Melzer 2-6 6-6 *0-1

Eugenia
01-09-2006, 01:54 AM
Juan - Melzer 2-6 6-6 0-3*

Eugenia
01-09-2006, 01:56 AM
Juan - Melzer 2-6 6-6 1-5*

Eugenia
01-09-2006, 01:58 AM
Juan lost to Melzer 6-2 7-6 :tears:

*Ljubica*
01-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the scores Eugenia, - and sorry Juani lost :sad: Becaue of the time difference I was fast asleep while this match took place, but it was interesting to read your scoring this morning. Better luck next time Juan.

Kristen
01-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Hey guys.... I was at the match today, Don't be discouraged, there were a few breaks (from both), and I think it was a case of Jurgen being confident (for once), and 'switched on'. His drop shots were working, and Chela couldn't get to them. Also, at one stage, Chela served a fault, which Jurgen returned, and Chela bounced it closer to himself, with his racquet. Unfortunately it was going quite fast still, and he directed it right at his groin. Poor guy. He got heaps of sympathy from the crowd, and they were cheering him on a lot, which surprised me (because the media has been talking about the Aus Open incident. In a way, I was hoping for the re-match! :D)

(I know it doesn't matter, as it's over for JIC, but Jurgen has lost every match here, so he was prob pressuring himself. There are a couple of pics in the photo thread.)) :wavey:

kataanna
01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Poor Chelita :( That's the second first-round lost in a row :( But I'm still hoping he'll win something on hard this year :p

Corina2605
01-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey guys.... I was at the match today, Don't be discouraged, there were a few breaks (from both), and I think it was a case of Jurgen being confident (for once), and 'switched on'. His drop shots were working, and Chela couldn't get to them. Also, at one stage, Chela served a fault, which Jurgen returned, and Chela bounced it closer to himself, with his racquet. Unfortunately it was going quite fast still, and he directed it right at his groin. Poor guy. He got heaps of sympathy from the crowd, and they were cheering him on a lot, which surprised me (because the media has been talking about the Aus Open incident. In a way, I was hoping for the re-match! :D)

(I know it doesn't matter, as it's over for JIC, but Jurgen has lost every match here, so he was prob pressuring himself. There are a couple of pics in the photo thread.)) :wavey:

Thank you for the match report, much appreciated. Glad to hear Juan had the support of the crowd. Hopefully things go better in Melbourne next week. VAmos Juan!

Sandra
01-09-2006, 08:08 PM

Thanks for the report :hug:

I am quite sad he lost this week too :sad:

And thanks Eugenia for the live scores :hug:

Eugenia
01-12-2006, 05:06 PM

Thanks for the report! :) Poor Juani, I hope he gets his confidence back as soon as possible...