C'mon Seb [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

C'mon Seb

Lizan
10-19-2003, 10:44 AM
LOOK LOOK LOOK!! This is how it was last year, this is how it should be this year!!

esther
10-19-2003, 11:29 AM
lol!
heres to defending his st petersburg crown then i guess? :yippee:

Alison
10-19-2003, 04:41 PM
C'mon Seb! :)

Lizan
10-19-2003, 06:19 PM
What do you guys think?? Will he win this year too??

sebgrosfan
10-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Of course!! And he looks so good there, slobber slobber drool drool... ;)

esther
10-20-2003, 05:46 AM
there's a new interview with Thierry Tulasne on Seb's site and he basically says theyre confident for the rest of the year and Seb was better in each of the stats in his match except first serve percentage in the match he lost against El Aynouai like i think he meant he had more winners and less unforced errors etc so should have won the match but oh well.
he seemed pretty confident that he will make it the masters but we'll see...

Lizan
10-20-2003, 10:07 AM
Really?? That's good to hear. When he thinks that Seb can make it to the Masters Cup, then he's probably right huh :D? He almost made it last time (winning masters Cup), he lost to Hewitt, so he has to go, make it difficult for the other guys..

I'm looking forward to Bercy..

esther
10-20-2003, 12:31 PM
yeah...i'm not sure. I think it really is in Seb's hands at the moment and will hhave to prove himself in the next two weeks...even if he doenst make it to masters cup i think i'll be happy if he finishes top 10 but no point skepting (thats a word right?!) coz we'll just have to see...

he plays Koubek first round of St Petersburg...and his draw doesnt look too bad but most people are at Basel neway so go seb!

Lizan
10-20-2003, 01:58 PM
what the hell is SKEPTING, watched in the dictionary, but couldn't find it :D

No I'll be really very dissapointed when he doesn't make it to the masters Cup.. But I'll forgive him this time because he has a good excuse (had this many injuries..)

Alison
10-20-2003, 02:26 PM
what the hell is SKEPTING, watched in the dictionary, but couldn't find it

It's a new word.Esther just made it up! :D

Lizan
10-20-2003, 04:24 PM
hehe funny, okay.. No the draw looks pretty good, but I have the feeling that Seb can loose from everybody at the moment, since he just came back. But let's be positive, Koubek?? ah piece of cake :D :D :D

ubrunjensen
10-20-2003, 08:47 PM
Oh boy! Dribble dribble, drool drool!
The lucky trophy! Imagine trophy winners being kissed on the cheeks like they do in Tour de France - would I kill to be one of those girls doing the kissing???
As for reclaiming the title...don't know, he seemed to be back on top after his injury, then he lost QF in Madrid. He's no. 10, right, on both ATP and Entry, only a few points separating him from Mark Phil? Could do with a win if he wants to go to Houston.

esther
10-21-2003, 05:36 AM
he's gotta do well here...no doubt about it. if he doesnt then it'd probably be safe to say his last tournament of 2003 will be next week.

LOL ok about the skepting...its SO word...it means like trying to predict whats goign to happen and making all these hypothetical situations etc. coz it's already got to the point where he CAN'T lose early coz he wont have more chances. ok i think all this french has really made my english deteriorate!! lool

Lizan
10-21-2003, 01:18 PM
hehe funny :D.. Never heard of it, but that's not weird since you made it up :D

Anyway, head to head against Koubek it's 3-2 for Seb :( BUT, no fear.. he did win the last 3 times, sooooo, we'll see tonight.. I can't believe he ever lost to him, but alright..

Alison
10-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Nice one Seb! :D

It didn't look like a piece of cake though :rolleyes:

But he looked gorgeous in red again! :kiss:

sebgrosfan
10-21-2003, 04:24 PM
Grosjean vs. Koubek
1st round, St. Petersburg

6-7 6-3 7-5

Next opponent: Anthony Dupuis

:yeah: Nice one, Seb!! Close but nice... :rolleyes:

Lizan
10-21-2003, 05:50 PM
pfffffff THAT IS CLOSSSSSSSE.. MAN!! Okay I hope he's alright then, maybe he just always has trouble with this guy, doesn't matter if he is at his best.. I hope so.

esther
10-22-2003, 02:17 AM
like i said in the other thread, i dont remember the last time seb won a final set 7-5? and yeah i agree i hope his next matches arent as scary as that...dupuis shoudn't be too difficult...

no pictures? :(
alison how did you know he was in red?

Alison
10-22-2003, 08:06 AM
Esther,I used my mystic powers! :eek: ;)

No,seriously,I went on the St.Petersburg web site and was directed to the web cam! :D .I caught the last 20 minutes or so.The quality wasn't too hot;at times it looked like a moving pastel drawing :rolleyes: ,but I could see who it was :D .The scary part was the score,it was out of focus :eek: and with it being so close it was a bit of a white knuckle ride :eek:

But it turned out alright in the end!Just!

ubrunjensen
10-22-2003, 09:23 AM
Three sets to beat Koubek???
Oh no, certainly not a piece of cake!
Anthony Dupuis in the next match - again I feel tempted to say that it shouldn't be too difficult for Grosjean - but then we all know how close it got with Koubek!
If only he could pull himself together and make that final effort, only 45 points less than Nalbaldian in the 8th spot. How can he not win a single title in all of 2003? He's won one each year since 2000 and there's really no need to change the habit!
Oh and the irony: Eurosport finally shows ATP tennis...but it's the one in Basel! WHY???

Alison
10-22-2003, 03:58 PM
Eurosport will be showing some of the St Petersburg tourney Friday,Saturday and Sunday.Hopefully 'our man' will still be in it :rolleyes:

ubrunjensen
10-22-2003, 05:04 PM
:dance: YES YES YES
Finally! Maybe I do like Eurosport after all!
Only - now he really has to be on top of his game! Not only do I want him to win a title, I want to SEE the guy again! Haven't seen him since Wimbledon!
:drool: :worship: :drool:

esther
10-23-2003, 07:43 AM
ooooooohhhhh you guys are so lucky!!
Hey guess what...Seb is going to play in Kooyong= Melbourne!!!!!!! But i dunno if i want to go coz theres tooo much evil there (federer, ANDY and nalbandian)...

Alison
10-23-2003, 10:09 AM
It looks like they'll be showing Arnaud's match against Nalbandian this afternoon :D

Hope so anyway ;)

esther
10-23-2003, 12:16 PM
It looks like they'll be showing Arnaud's match against Nalbandian this afternoon :D

Hope so anyway ;)

when i read that my jaw literally dropped!!! :( :( i want to see my arnaud

Alison
10-23-2003, 12:46 PM
:lol:Esther!

I've just checked on live-score,and they'll either show Arnaud(let's face it Nalbandian is defending his title there),or Roddick;and we endured that yesterday :rolleyes:

I know which one I'd pick ;)I've got a blank video ready,just in case :p

Alison
10-23-2003, 02:23 PM
6-2 6-2

Nice one Seb ;)

sebgrosfan
10-23-2003, 02:47 PM
What she said! :aparty:

Next opponent: Corretja. He's not as good as he used to be but still... :scared:

Oh yeah, I'm not sure but I think Seb surpasses Phipou in the race if he wins his match against Corretja. He's now at 316 and Mark is stuck at 322 by not playing in Basel. Or maybe not, I think they'll both have 322. That would probably give the edge to Mark as he's played less tournaments than Seb. The bad thing is Nalbandian is doing well so far in Basel. Good thing is Scrichaphan lost in the 1st round in Stockholm.

ubrunjensen
10-23-2003, 04:50 PM
:D 6-2, 6-2 - What a nice solid score!
Keep fighting, Grosjean, we know you can do it!
So it's Alex Corretja next. Even if the Spaniard isn't that great anymore he still kicked out Gaudio, and I'm getting a little nervous here. Sometimes Grosjean can be so infuriatingly inconsistent and suddenly lose matches he ought to win. I hope the fact that a couple of his biggest rivals are both out of the picture can give him the mental edge he needs. I cross my fingers for no injuries and great play!
:dance: :rolls:
And with a bit of luck they will show the right match tomorrow!
I can already envision him before me, on the telly, in a red shirt...no chesthair showing! HA HA! ;)

Lizan
10-23-2003, 08:25 PM
And I thought I was bad ;)
Anyway, i got a question for ya'll :D. For the masters Cup only the first 7 are really quallified right?? The 8th player is the one with the best result in the tourneys who is between the 8th en 20th player right??

ubrunjensen
10-24-2003, 08:38 AM
I don't really know the exact rules, but I think they just pick the 8 players with the most points at the end of the year...
The top 7 players at the moment are sure to join the Masters because no one else can possibly overtake them pointwise - there's still a lot to fight for regarding the last and 8th spot. So far as I know, Nalbandian, Mark P, Grosjean and maybe Srichiphan (but surely that was before the poor guy lost in the first round at Stockholm Open?) can all still qualify for the Masters, depending on how well they do (or don't) at the last two tournaments before Masters.
I think Mark P is injured right now, but Nalbandian is doing well in Basel. If Grosjean wants that last spot he needs to exterminate his opponents in Petersburg and Paris-Bercy AND hope that Nalbandian will fail to reach any kind of QF, SF & F.

esther
10-24-2003, 11:19 AM
no its the top 8 players in the world...and if the highest ranked winner of a grand slam isnt in the top 8 players, then they take the spot of the 8th player...so like if Roddick had finished 9th...and say Nalbandian finished 8th, Roddick would take Nalbandian's spot because Roddick won a grand slam but wasnt in the top 8

esther
10-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Neway Seb's playing Corretja at the moment and im' watching the live video...its SOOO coooooool...i think only like 2 or maybe 3 tournaments have have live videos..that i know of...theyre so coool!!! *sigh* it's so embarrassing how crap the australian tournament sites are going to be...i'm warning you all now!

esther
10-24-2003, 11:21 AM
its 6-3 3-6 at the moment...cmon fight for the last set!

Alison
10-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Watching it live at the moment,but they're having lighting trouble :rolleyes: ,so don't know if they'll be going off court or not yet. :confused:

esther
10-24-2003, 11:53 AM
he's lost it
0-3

esther
10-24-2003, 11:54 AM
read ur pm alison!

esther
10-24-2003, 12:10 PM
ok maybe he hasnt lost it...
this match is RELALY CLOSEEE i'm about to faint
hang in there seb!!! 3-4 final set

esther
10-24-2003, 12:47 PM
I'M IN SHOCK
i CANNOT beleive i just saw that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok seb was down 0-3 0-40...fought back to 3-all and then was on serve until it was SEB serving 6-5....VERY VERY VERY close game and went to deuce a few times...saved match point...

THEN FINALLY WENT TO TIE BREAK
(by this point my legs were indented by my nails) and was like 6-3, then 6-4, then 6-5, then eventually lost 7-5.

closest SET i have seen in a LONG LONG LONG LONG TIME

corretja is a dead man.

esther
10-24-2003, 12:52 PM
i'm shaking...but i'm really proud of the way Seb fought throughout that set...was really really fantastic and being very unbiased...he DEFINATELY deserved that last set after fighting like that!! he was dictating most of the shots, was more agressive but was just missin more but from what i saw he played really really well and even if this means Houston is off the calender...if he goes down fighting like that (altho i didnt see the second set and whether he could have closed that out or not) we cant be TOO disapointed...

esther
10-24-2003, 01:06 PM
ok i'm so split personality/ hypocritical but was just venting my anger to my friend and he was like...is seb losing ONE GAME that bad?!!

and this was what i told him:
1) its not JUST a game
2) its ST PETERSBURG which was the ONLY tournament he won last year so had major points to DEFEND
3) he HASNT won a tournamnet ALL year and thers only ONE MORE LEFT

4) losing this match means HE DOESNT MAKE IT TO HOUSTON (climax of my argument)

5) he lost to CORREJTA
WHO BEAT HIM IN RG SEMIS 2001
WHICH MAKES HIM
PUBLIC ENEMY #1

Alison
10-24-2003, 01:10 PM
I've read my pm's Esther :sad:

Sorry I wasn't here,but I've only just got up off the floor :eek: :sad: :sad: At least the dogs are talking to me now! ;)

I taped the match,don't know when I'll watch it again :rolleyes: ,but God was that tight :eek: I thought I was the only one shaking! :p

Honestly,I'm the worst person to watch tennis with.No-one here will even sit in the same room as me,I've been banned from going to live matches :eek: ;),my mate(not so keen on tennis but she understands the 'attraction'! ;) )refuses to come with me,and if I went on my own I' d get chucked out cos they'd think I was a right nutcase jumping up and down screaming and shouting :rolleyes: :eek:

Well,I'm off for a rest now................... :sad: :rolleyes:

Alison
10-24-2003, 01:15 PM
There is one good(if a little selfish on my account)thing about him losing today,I'm off to a beer festival tomorrow;and can go for the full day now rather than waiting for the tennis to finish!

ubrunjensen
10-24-2003, 01:22 PM
:( :sobbing:
I'm always a little disappointed when he loses, especially coz this match was so close. He seemed like a winner during most of the first set, going 3-0 and not panicking just because Corretja got a few points. Second set was a totally different story, with Corretja in the driving seat and Grosjean all lost and bewildered, doing wild shots and unable to convert a few breakpoints. He even lost his first service game! Then when he fought back like a tiger in the third set I really believed he could do it.
Unfortunately Corretja was very determined. Grosjean played beautifully, though, to win the chance for tiebreak. It's really a crying shame he lost it! And now I don't like the Spaniards and Alex Corretja anymore.
Okay, I'll pull myself together now, snif, it's not the end of the world, and my boyfriend's getting a wee bit annoyed with me. He really doesn't understand why it's so horrible that some small Frenchie lost a tennis match!
:drool: But did he look GREAT in a red tshirt?!

Alison
10-24-2003, 01:26 PM
But did he look GREAT in a red tshirt?!

You're not on your own in thinking that ;) :drool:

Lizan
10-24-2003, 01:32 PM
This is from the site from Masters Cup:

The top seven finishers in the ATP Champions Race 2003 will qualify. The eighth place will go to the highest-placed Grand Slam winner who finshes outside the top seven but within the top 20. If no player fits this classification, the eighth place will go to the player finishing eighth in the ATP Champions Race 2003.

esther
10-24-2003, 02:06 PM
WATCH THE MATCH AGAIN ALISON? ARE U INSANE?!

*sigh*

neway about the masters cup definition...is that not what i said? lol

Lizan
10-24-2003, 02:31 PM
No you said from the ENTRY list.. World you said. This is champions race..

I'm not sure though.. If you were saying that, then sorry :D

Lizan
10-25-2003, 12:36 PM
By the way, the draw of Bercy couldn't look any worse than this. First Henman, then Phil, and then Federer and then Roddick. But you know when he is good, then he should prove that.. Now's your time Seb!!

esther
10-26-2003, 03:44 AM
*sigh*

ubrunjensen
10-26-2003, 06:31 PM
Okay, we all know he's good and on the right day he can defeat anyone on the top 10 - but Henman, Mark P, Federer AND that rotten Andy Roddick??? I'm shocked at this awful draw! Is there no God???Good grief! Is it too much to want Grosjean to survive the second round?

Alison
10-27-2003, 08:48 AM
I bet Seb's really looking forward to this week :rolleyes:

There is one consolation though,I won't be able to watch it :eek: I can't take another match like the Corretja one for a while :sad:

It does look like the odds are so stacked against him in this draw.I checked it twice.Thought I'd read it wrong the first time!

C'mon Seb!! :eek:

ubrunjensen
10-27-2003, 10:51 AM
There is one consolation though,I won't be able to watch it :eek: I can't take another match like the Corretja one for a while :sad:

I agree it's the worst draw in living memory - and painful that it was to watch poor Grosjean lose to Corretja (the Spanish girlie with a headband - is that right? Or should I call it a bandeau like my dictionary says - ups, not good, I'm supposed to be an English teacher!) - I'd still prefer to be able to watch him lose yet another important match than not to see him at all!
Paris-Bercy is the last tourney this year (with him in it, I mean) and it sucks that I won't see him until Australian Open next year!!! :mad:

sebgrosfan
10-27-2003, 07:11 PM
It all comes down to who goes further, Mark or Seb. Seb and Mark can now only qualify if they WIN Bercy and Nalbandian doesn't make the semi final. But since they're almost tied for points (322 for Mark and 321 for Seb) the alternate place is still up for grabs. However, is anyone in the top 25 does well enough, that person can leapfrog Seb and Mark in the race to grab the alternate spot. Pressure is on, peeps!

ubrunjensen
10-27-2003, 07:22 PM
Maybe, after all, it's good that I can't watch the tournament in Paris! It's getting way too exciting now! And the odds our Grosjean will have to face: to know he must win to qualify - and still pray that Nalbandian doesn't make it to SF!!!
I couldn't possibly watch him play and NOT die a hundred times before the end...

ubrunjensen
10-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Sebgrosfan, how do you know all this?
It's great, though, to get the hard facts served on a silver plate.

sebgrosfan
10-27-2003, 07:46 PM
I got it from a Masters Cup thread in the 'general messages' section...

Alison
10-28-2003, 10:18 AM
The press here(England) are saying Henman's on a 'revenge mission' for being defeated at Wimbledon. :rolleyes: They seem to have forgotten the same happened at Queens too :D

Hope Seb plays well and beats him again :)

ubrunjensen
10-28-2003, 11:27 AM
Killer Henman on a mission! I try to imagine just that...Henman is a nice guy, but he's lost out to Grosjean twice recently, and even if the Brit played well to defeat Davydenko (from the few glimpses I saw on Eurosportnews) I'm sure Grosjean will feel comfortable when meeting him tomorrow, as it is in Paris and on the kind of fast surface that he likes.
Anyway, I think Grosjean is more motivated, knowing that only a win in Paris will do him any good. Henman's not really in the picture, is he?

Alison
10-28-2003, 01:03 PM
Killer and Henman?In the same sentence?No.I don't think so! :p

The press in UK have tried to toughen him up a bit by calling him 'Tiger Tim' :eek: Sounds more like a children's tv character to me :rolleyes: I mean the guy's how old,and his mum and dad take him to every tournament :p ;) I think he looks like a 'Thunderbird' puppet! ;)

ubrunjensen
10-28-2003, 01:18 PM
On the other hand you could argue it's quite sweet and very supportive that his parents don't mind travelling around the world with him, just to cheer him on...but the name's got to go, I mean, TIGER TIM??? Grosjean's parents never watch him play, do they? I read somewhere that his dad can't take the pressure. And what about wifie? Have never seen her, not even in a picture!

Alison
10-28-2003, 06:37 PM
If Seb's wife feels as stressed as I do watching him play I don't blame her for not going! :eek: ;) It's the only time I get to see him ;)

Lindsayfan
10-28-2003, 08:13 PM
i have a picture of Marie Pierre! but it's better if u dont see her,otherwise u'll think "why I'm not at her place?what she has more than me?" :p

sebgrosfan
10-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Now I dig Tim, he seems like a nice guy but a tiger he's not :)

Maybe it refers to that Shakespeare speech from "Henry V". On the eve of another big battle against the French (that would be Seb), the English legion is advised the following:

"In peace there is nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage"

Ah, love than one! But not very effective so far... :rolleyes:

sebgrosfan
10-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Not that I want Tim to win, on the contrary!

Alison
10-28-2003, 09:59 PM
Maybe the tiger they mean is the one in that literary classic

Winnie the Pooh :lol:

Alison
10-28-2003, 10:01 PM
And I definately don't want him to win ;)

sebgrosfan
10-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Now that would make sense! :haha:

rebel
10-29-2003, 04:45 AM
I taped the match where Henman played Seb at Wimbledon - it was so stressful to watch. The pressure must've been so terrible, but did anyone see the little interview Seb did after he won? I think he was really holding back either a huge grin or he was on the verge of laughing a couple of times. :D

ubrunjensen
10-29-2003, 07:56 AM
"why I'm not at her place?what she has more than me?" :p

Easy one to answer, I mean, she's got Grosjean, right? ;)

ubrunjensen
10-29-2003, 08:04 AM
Oh, rebel, what interview? I've only read the one on the Wimbledon site - and unfortunately you don't get to see his face at the same time. So unfair. Do you mean right after the match, on court? They stopped transmission as soon as the last ball was played...and anyway, it was my dad's birthday and the rest of the family was getting wee bit irritated that I watched tennis and was screaming down the house with joy!

Alison
10-29-2003, 09:10 AM
I saw the interview :) He was trying to be diplomatic I think ;) :D

Lindsayfan
10-29-2003, 10:15 AM
Easy one to answer, I mean, she's got Grosjean, right? ;)

what I meant was that she isnt the stunning,sex bomb girl u often see close to tennis players...she's just a normal person and it's something i really admire on Seb.he could have had an other kind of woman,like an actress,a model,etc instead he got a normal girl and it testifies that Seb's a sweetheart and he doesnt care too much of look etc.

rebel
10-29-2003, 10:38 AM
Oh, rebel, what interview? I've only read the one on the Wimbledon site - and unfortunately you don't get to see his face at the same time. So unfair. Do you mean right after the match, on court?

Hi Ubrunjensen - :wavey:
Yes, It was a short one off court when he was asked several questions about how he felt about his game etc (straight after the match) and it's the only one I have, so you can imagine the tape is quite worn! He was trying to be diplomatic, and his dimples were almost giving him away (Alison will know what I mean). :drool:

ubrunjensen
10-29-2003, 10:40 AM
Ok, joking aside, I know what you mean and I'm with you all the way. It's pretty amazing how most famous athletes always have beautiful model-like wives/girlfriends, it makes me wonder about their attitude to normal life and the world at large. Grosjean seems to be an exception, maybe he's not so much into the hype and glamour of tennis, but prefers to concentrate on the game itself. It's good he's got a normal person to rely on. And I'm not saying that models/actresses are all bimbos and don't know how to stay levelheaded and lead normal lives. I just find the idea of Grosjean with a 'normal' wife nice and reassuring.

ubrunjensen
10-29-2003, 10:48 AM
Hi Rebel, must be nice to have a taped match with Grosjean just lying around...I keep thinking I should do the same, but then I remember that my videorecorder doesn't work and that I can't afford to replace it just yet. But I would love to get a videotaped match one day, preferably of a match he wins while wearing a red tshirt... :hearts:

ubrunjensen
10-29-2003, 11:11 AM
Haven't really got anything new to say, only wanted to make sure you all notice that I finally found out how to get my very own, personal avatar! He's a cutie even if he doesn't wear a red tshirt...

Alison
10-29-2003, 11:11 AM
I know exactly what you mean Rebel :) The dimples do give it away ;) :drool: :angel: .............I wish I had it on tape.I'm a bit superstitious about taping matches :rolleyes: ,they always seem to lose when I tape them :eek: I mean,look at last week :sad:....but I won't be able to watch today's match,so if it all goes wrong it's not my fault! ;) :p

Alison
10-29-2003, 11:13 AM
Hey I like that ubrunjensen:cool: How did you do that?I'll have to have a look :)

ubrunjensen
10-29-2003, 11:23 AM
:) I'm thrilled you noticed my avatar!
I'm not that sharp when it concerns computers, but I found out that if you want to modify anything in your profile you will find a sign saying 'avatar'. You go to the section with 'use custom avatar', say yes, then do the 'upload custom avatar from computer' bit and submit the modification - and hey, presto, new personal avatar on your postings! You only have to be careful about the size of your picture.
Hmm...I think this is how I did it.

Alison
10-29-2003, 07:06 PM
:sad: I didn't tape it so don't blame me :sad: :sad:

ubrunjensen
10-29-2003, 07:16 PM
What was going on in his tiny head???
To lose the third set 5-7 to TIGER TIM, man on a mission! It was his first freaking match in Bercy - and now his last...end of year 2003 for Grosjean, and what a pathetic end! I'm so disappointed. He'll probably slide right out of the top 10 as well.
As for taping this match: who on earth and in their right mind would want to see it more than once???

Sjengster
10-29-2003, 07:31 PM
NEVER underestimate the Tiger. :D

Lindsayfan
10-29-2003, 08:15 PM
To lose the third set 5-7 to TIGER TIM

when he was a Tiger in his career?or maybe i missed something? :eek:
he has always been such a coward :rolleyes:

Sjengster
10-29-2003, 10:41 PM
To quote a certain Queen who was on WTAWorld just after Serena's loss at RG to Henin, my grapes taste better than your grapes...

And BTW, no offence here, but a fan of choker extraordinaire Grosjean really shouldn't go around calling other players cowards.

ubrunjensen
10-30-2003, 08:38 AM
I'm sure you're right, Sjengster, but you have to bear over a little with us, we're all in the flush of anger and disappointment - and besides this is the forum for Grosjean so naturally people love and admire him around here and dislike his opponents, especially if they beat him!

Lindsayfan
10-30-2003, 09:01 AM
the fact I'm a fan of Seb doesnt mean that I'm blind...i see that Seb has his faults but i still luv him.maybe Sjengster u think that ur faves r perfect so u get mad if someone calls them "coward".
I was only telling the truth...but i know that the truth hurts. :rolleyes:

sebgrosfan
10-30-2003, 04:01 PM
Ha ha, sting! :nerner:

Lizan
10-30-2003, 06:04 PM
wow you guys don't fight please :sad:.. you are both right..
Btw, Alison & Rebel, this interview you guys mean, is that with the purple background?? I tape all the interviews I see (and good matches too) and this one I watched like a thousand times :lol: he was really talking soooo sweet.. He said soo cute: "yes".. OMG!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Sjengster
10-30-2003, 06:12 PM
Fair enough, fair enough, I don't want to make a big argument out of it all, but I do think there is a difference between not thinking your favourite players are perfect and thinking of them as cowards. That's all.

Alison
10-30-2003, 07:34 PM
No one is perfect,but to slate a player for losing is unbelievable :eek:

These guys are the best in the world,we are mere mortals (hopefully :rolleyes: )supporting them through thick and thin :)

It is only tennis when all's said and done :)

Lindsayfan
10-30-2003, 09:29 PM
These guys are the best in the world,we are mere mortals :)

they are mere mortals too,just more gifted than us :p

Peace and Love :angel:

ubrunjensen
11-02-2003, 12:50 PM
he was really talking soooo sweet.. He said soo cute: "yes".. OMG!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

:drool: I love all his interviews, he's got the best voice! He's all mellow and softspoken, like velvet, and his accent is so incredibly sexy! And he says 'you know' a lot...he certainly has the voice for radio! Better stop now before I go completely silly and lyrical!

Alison
11-02-2003, 02:18 PM
It's not just me then ;) :drool:

rebel
11-02-2003, 10:12 PM
Btw, Alison & Rebel, this interview you guys mean, is that with the purple background?? I tape all the interviews I see (and good matches too) and this one I watched like a thousand times :lol: he was really talking soooo sweet.. He said soo cute: "yes".. OMG!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Hi Lizan

The one I have has a purple and white background so I'd say it's the same one. The interviewer asks him about how he felt since it the crowd would obviously be cheering for "Teeem". I love how Seb says "gwass" and the "the people is behind him".

Hey I tape all of the matches, win or lose and I'm gonna get cable next year since free to air TV usually only play the big tournaments - I'm so sick of missing out.

ubrunjensen
11-03-2003, 08:02 AM
Ok, I'm sick and tired of my stupid old video recorder...I want to own my very own taped match and/or interview with Grosjean! I could just watch him on loop for days!

wilma
11-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Hi, I'm new - well actually I registered a few months ago after having been tipped about this site (thank you Marine!) but due to major computer problems I have not been able to visit this site (or hardly any site for that matter) since September.

I've been reading through some of the threads tonight and I noticed you were talking about interviews. Maybe you know this allready, but I'll mention it anyway. There are a few interviews with Seb on the BBC site - including the one you were talking about I think (there is a purple/white background and Seb sounds slightly out of breath - yumyum). There's also an interview with him following the Wimbledon semi-finals; and one after the Queens final. Also there are some cute photographs. It's on bbc.co.uk, the sports/tennis section.

rebel
11-04-2003, 02:22 AM
Hello and welcome Wilma :wavey:

Thanks also for the link...it is the interview I have on tape (the only one!!) Does anyone else have any yummy ones? I do remember when Seb and Agassi played the Kooyong finals and he spoke there too but I didn't tape that :retard:

Esther may remember it - they were given some weird arse trophies.

Lizan
11-04-2003, 10:05 AM
Welcome Wilma!!

esther
11-04-2003, 10:21 AM
KOOYONG FINAL SPEECH...do i remember that?!! ommgg i have watched that like TEN BILLION times...sooooo cuttttteeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

ubrunjensen
11-04-2003, 10:47 AM
:) Hello and welcome, Wilma, nice to meet you :)
Thanks for the tip about bbc, I'll have a look at it later. Loved the Wimbledon site, especially the audios. He really has the best voice, but don't get me started on this topic or I will go on for days :drool:

Lizan
11-04-2003, 07:28 PM
yeah I always watch those videos but on one of the Grand Slam sites I couldn't watch it for some reason :sad: (I love this face, it's so cute).. I LOVE wimbledon soooooo much.. I'm already looking so much forward to it, can't wait, but the problem is: it has just finished :sad:

wilma
11-04-2003, 07:56 PM
thanx for your welcome!
And unbrunjensen I'm sure you will like the bbc site: listening to Seb's voice and seeing him at the SAME time. Wish I had a video of a match though, so I could play some fragments in slomo.

rebel
11-05-2003, 03:38 AM
KOOYONG FINAL SPEECH...do i remember that?!! ommgg i have watched that like TEN BILLION times...sooooo cuttttteeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

I gather you have that one on tape! That was the first time I heard Seb talk - what a defining moment :inlove:

esther
11-05-2003, 07:21 AM
wilma- hey i'm so sorry, i was getting all excited about seb's kooyong speech and i forgot to say welcome! So...Welcome and i hope to see you around more often after those computer problems!!

esther
11-05-2003, 07:22 AM
lizan- but the wimby site doesnt let you do ANYTHING!! no interviews/audio/video nothing!!!!!!

and rebel- yeah...i've got that speech on tape but i dunno where its gone...its on one of my MANY tapes... loool i'm going to go search for it

Alison
11-05-2003, 07:31 AM
Hi Wilma!

Welcome :)

Lizan
11-05-2003, 12:09 PM
lizan- but the wimby site doesnt let you do ANYTHING!! no interviews/audio/video nothing!!!!!!

Oh so it wasn't just me then?!! You mean at the time of Wimbledon also, or do you mean right now??

ubrunjensen
11-05-2003, 04:04 PM
But it does let you hear the audios - you just have to choose the 2003 site. I can't see the videos becoz I still don't have any media player installed. At least I hope that's the reason or else there's something wrong (again) with my computer! Or I just don't know how to go about it...

esther
11-06-2003, 07:15 AM
i thought u couldnt see/hear/watch anything...

wilma
11-06-2003, 08:11 AM
During Wimbledon you had to subscribe (and pay - which I did of course; anything for Seb) to see some videos. But all of a sudden they couldn't be watched anymore.

As for my computer, Esther: I bought a new one in September but had problems with it right from the start. Tried to solve them myself but couldn't, so I brought it back to the shop last week (hypocritically deleted all my Seb-photos first (but saved them on a cd naturally). I'm back on my fossile computer now; it's really slow, but at least I can visit the internet again, which was a huge problem with the new one. I'm looking forward to getting the new one back and swish swash along the sites. I hope I'll be able to visit this site more often then.

ubrunjensen
11-06-2003, 10:24 AM
About the Wimbledon site:the audios are free, you just need to do the free Realoneplayer download first. Anyway, the audios are really just the written out interviews - you don't get anything new, but you do get the added bonus of his voice!
Hello Wilma, sorry about your computer troubles. I know just the feeling, just been through a similar phase. Makes you realize how much you've become a slave of your computer!

esther
11-07-2003, 11:14 PM
the audio interviews were free?! since when? when we tried u had to pay

ubrunjensen
11-08-2003, 09:47 AM
That's odd, I just tried the other day and it worked fine for me. You go to the player list, right? And find Grosjean and 'related contents'? They list pix, written interviews and free audios, videos you pay for. If you don't have the Real One Player they offer you a free download. Just listened to the audios again. Try again, Esther, I'm sure it'll work in the end.

wilma
11-08-2003, 10:28 AM
yeh you're right Ulla, the audios were free: the one where the interviewer asks if he hurt his groin again, and he replies "more my butt, my behind" is really funny (I actually heard:"you mean my butt, my behind?").

As for my computer: I just fetched it from the computer shop this morning and HURRAH everything works (so far). i get very annoyed if computers don't work the way they should.

ubrunjensen
11-08-2003, 10:39 AM
I like the bit about his hair in the written interview after the semifinal. It's a shame it's not on the audio, it would have been fun to hear him reply 'glamour, I don't know, is not easy question, I mean, huh?' I bet it made him look all shy and embarrassed. You can almost hear how awkward he feels, the poor guy. But then, it's also quite a silly question!

esther
11-09-2003, 12:02 AM
thats REALLY weird...now i cant remember whether i knew about that or not...hmm oh well

esther
11-09-2003, 12:21 AM
i'm listening to them...and really dont think i've heard these before but why would i have thought i couldnt listen to them if u could?!!!
*SOO confused*

ubrunjensen
11-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Glad to hear you finally got to listen to the audios!
They're quite good, right?

Lizan
11-09-2003, 01:49 PM
They are always good.. I love reading and listening to his interviews. But it's to bad that he always says the same things..

ubrunjensen
11-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Well, as it says in Passing potes he never really enjoys being interviewed, but considers it as part of the job. I suppose that could explain why he always seems to say the same things, he probably has standard answers he sort of memorizes. Or maybe it's becoz most of the questions asked are the same from tournament to tournament? Once said a funny thing, though - that he really dislikes when reporters ask him if he's disappointed after losing 7-6 in the third set...

Lizan
11-09-2003, 09:06 PM
Yeah that's so true that some reporters ask stupid questions. Yeah I can understand that Seb can't answer that great, but it's to bad cause I love to read what he thinks about everything.. Some players have always very good answers.. Goran for example.

Lizan
11-09-2003, 09:07 PM
Have you ever heard him in an interview?? He's soooo funny..

ubrunjensen
11-10-2003, 08:03 AM
I think some people just have a natural gift for communication. They are at ease with being in the spotlight and like to talk about what they do. Ivanisevic (isn't that how you spell his name?) is good becoz he's realaxed, so's Marat Safin and Roddick, I guess. Grosjean is different, he's sweet, but more shy about his feelings.

esther
11-10-2003, 09:08 AM
plus the fact his english may be a little limitted...

omg goran's interviews during the year he won wimbledon...they were HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! i rmember how he's like yeah i woke up every morning at 7 to watch teletubbies LOOOl

Lizan
11-10-2003, 09:12 AM
Yeah that was soo cool.. He had to watch it every day or else he would lose that day. Sooo cool, he really deserved to win that year.

esther
11-10-2003, 09:19 AM
oooh i was pissing myself
should have saved those interviews they were the BBESSST

lizan why arent u on msn?

Lizan
11-10-2003, 06:07 PM
Oh yeah, that's right, but I couldn't stay on for long (had some hours free from school), but also forgot it.. Will do next time.

Yeah I have the same problem. I save all the interviews from Goran and Seb, but lost all those from wimbledon.. That really sux. OMG on one tournament I guess Monte Carlo, seb looked soo cute, there was thunder and he watched to the sky with this really cool face.. And I lost it :sad:.. Did any of you guys see that match??