Blake's BLOG at the atp site

mangoes
01-04-2006, 01:56 AM
THIS WEEK

James Blake's Blog from Sydney

http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/blake.asp

Ivan Ljubicic's Blog from India

http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/ljubicic.asp

I think this is a great idea. Hopefully, other players will also participate.

Sjengster
01-04-2006, 02:26 AM
You have to admit, after the frenzy of activity that some of his comments have inspired on MTF in recent times, Ljubicic is an excellent choice for this sort of thing. Just about every Top 5 player trying this would be as dull as ditchwater.

El Legenda
01-04-2006, 02:57 PM
:yeah:

*Ljubica*
01-04-2006, 04:01 PM

Thanks for posting that. I don't go to the ATP site very often so I would have missed it and I found it really interesting. Like you, I think this is a great idea.

El Legenda
01-05-2006, 12:49 AM
updated for Jan4th :)

mojo37_12
01-05-2006, 01:03 AM
I like Ivan's blog. It's very refreshing. It's good to finally match a personality with the name. :) I hope more players do this too.

mangoes
01-05-2006, 01:20 AM
I like Ivan's blog. It's very refreshing. It's good to finally match a personality with the name. :) I hope more players do this too.

Agree :D

Corswandt
01-05-2006, 01:33 AM

I like it very much - Ljubicic is factual and no-nonsense, but never dry or vague.

It gives a good idea of what a top player's life on the Tour is like, which I believe should be the point of these blogs.

cartmancop
01-05-2006, 02:40 AM
Hopefully he will be able to keep doing this throughout the year. I could imagine certain top players doing it for a week or two & then never thinking of it again:)

El Legenda
01-05-2006, 03:37 AM
Ivan about the Blog Idea :)

The idea is ok. Every week, one of the players will be describing his days at the tournament. There's a lot to write here. Chennai is very interesting. Traffic is terrible, there's a billion cars on the streets and everybody's honking. I knew what to expect, because I've been to India before. Still it's fascinating. This is completely different mentality.

gsm
01-05-2006, 06:47 AM
i like ljubicic even more after reading his entry's, such a refreshing character.

cant wait to read blogs from other players!!!

Action Jackson
01-05-2006, 06:52 AM
Have to agree with everyone here, it's a good idea and I am thankful Ljubo took up the challenge of writing one and I think he is a very good person for this, like his description of Chennai.

sigmagirl91
01-05-2006, 12:13 PM
I love his blog because it's so well-written and descriptive-as if I were there with him. Great job, Ivan.

El Legenda
01-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Updated Jan 5th :)

mandoura
01-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Great idea. Thanks for the link. Ivan is so genuine.

superpinkone37
01-06-2006, 07:18 AM
I have to say that I am not the biggest Ljubicic fan, but reading this changed my mind a bit. I think the player blog is a great idea, and tennis fans are able to see the personality of players that they may not normally see on tv. Thanks for posting this :D

linus
01-06-2006, 11:54 AM
the blog of this kind is wonderful, wish we could read more and more :D

but frankly speaking, Ljubo's is so ... :lol:

George_Hanson
01-06-2006, 12:11 PM
It's a great blog, I really enjoy reading it. BTW, 5th Jan added.

SloKid
01-06-2006, 12:40 PM
His blog is a cool read, you get to know some stuff behind the scenes...:cool:

RoddickFans
01-06-2006, 03:46 PM
:worship: Ivan :worship:

Great Blog!

Jimnik
01-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Yup, I agree with what most people are saying here.
I'm not a great Ljubo fan but I'm enjoying reading his blog. It's interesting to see a player's point of view.

Billy Moonshine
01-06-2006, 04:52 PM
I like the blog, though I'm not a fan of the guy (I still hold his comments about Nalby against him, even though David proved him so wrong!). It's great to read about the day to day life, the new cultures and what goes on behind the scenes. It makes me want to be a pro player!

alfonsojose
01-06-2006, 04:53 PM
no locker room pics :smash: :p

Seriously, It's a great idea and Ivan is doing an amazing job :yeah: Hopefully, soon he'll be writing he made it into the second wek of AO :bounce:

alfonsojose
01-06-2006, 04:55 PM
And about his wife :sad: it has to be a great sacrifice for them being far from those they love

El Legenda
01-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Jan 6. Updated :)

Galaxystorm
01-06-2006, 07:53 PM
I like the blog, though I'm not a fan of the guy (I still hold his comments about Nalby against him, even though David proved him so wrong!). It's great to read about the day to day life, the new cultures and what goes on behind the scenes. It makes me want to be a pro player!

And if Moya told you what he does during the nights in Umag , you would pay for being pro and famous :lol:

alfonsojose
01-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Jan 6. Updated :)
Ivan ?

Angle Queen
01-06-2006, 07:55 PM

Not one of my favs but I like his 'writing' style. Nice to have the insight and I hope he keeps it up.

El Legenda
01-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Ivan ?

:secret: shhhhhhhhh :wavey:

enqvistfan
01-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Great idea. And, Ljubicic is not a stupid guy, so it will be interesting to follow !!

Saumon
01-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Seriously, It's a great idea and Ivan is doing an amazing job :yeah: Hopefully, soon he'll be writing he made it into the second wek of AO :bounce:
it's not just for this week? :scratch:

gusman890
01-07-2006, 04:05 PM
its like a "get inside the players head" type of of activity. they should show some pics in the players lounge and locker room just for kicks

Lopaka
01-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Great job Ivan :yeah:

A player's blog is one idea the ATP should keep. It gives a perspective we don't get from the media.

El Legenda
01-07-2006, 04:57 PM
I have feeling Day 7 wont be updated in a while, he wont start his SF match before Midnight local time

ae wowww
01-07-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm loving Ivan's work! A great insight into his life, and will be very interesting in the coming weeks to hear subsequent players speaking about themselves.

El Legenda
01-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Jan 7th Updated :)

If Ljubicic makes it to the final, look for a quick match, he has a flight to catch the same night :rolls:

ae wowww
01-07-2006, 07:57 PM
:yeah: Thanks MJ, will check it out now!

KoOlMaNsEaN
01-07-2006, 10:07 PM
I think it's great to see into player's day to day life in the tour :)

katica
01-07-2006, 10:25 PM
great idea, smart ivan;)! hope other players will do too:D

shotgun
01-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Nice!

cobalt60
01-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Just read it. Enjoyed it very much.

Giggles
01-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Terrific job, Ivan. It would be nice to see if ATP would continue the blog. But I wonder how many players can write this well.

El Legenda
01-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Jan 8th Updated- Last One :)

ae wowww
01-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Yeah he wrote well, shame it's over! But excited to see the next one :D

CooCooCachoo
01-08-2006, 08:36 PM
His entries are highly entertaining and show a great amount of intelligence from his side.

superpinkone37
01-08-2006, 08:47 PM
His entries are highly entertaining and show a great amount of intelligence from his side.Yep :yeah: And it's great that the week we get to read his blogs, he actually wins the tourney, good for him. :)

Deboogle!.
01-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Terrific job, Ivan. It would be nice to see if ATP would continue the blog. But I wonder how many players can write this well.I get the feeling that they'll do it continually, perhaps not every week but regularly throughout the season. I hope so.

As for the writing, the players may not be college-educated for the most part, but I would imagine most of them can put sentences and paragraphs together, in their native language if nothing else, and then it can be translated if they should so desire.:) Ljubicic's blog was interesting and well-written indeed, but I'd also be surprised if someone on the ATP's web team didn't serve in some sort of an editorial capacity before it got posted onto the site.

heya
01-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Everyone loves Ivan. He's unpretentious and great the way he is. No corrections!

Ask Drysdale and Brad Gilbert.

mangoes
01-08-2006, 10:57 PM
I completely enjoyed Ljubicic's blogs. It gave such insight into his week. I doubt there was much correction done to his blogs because they were written quite similarily to his manner of speech.

I think most tennis players are very educated. Furthermore, I have realized that when most people outside of the US leave high school, they sometimes have more education than a lot of our US college graduates.

Deboogle!.
01-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Well James is up next and he's certainly very intelligent, well-spoken, and articulate, so I would expect the same quality of stuff from him :D

mangoes
01-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Well James is up next and he's certainly very intelligent, well-spoken, and articulate, so I would expect the same quality of stuff from him :D

Absolutely.............he may be one of my least favorite players, but I'm sure his blogs will be very interesting and well written.

tangerine_dream
01-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Ljubicic's blog was interesting and well-written indeed, but I'd also be surprised if someone on the ATP's web team didn't serve in some sort of an editorial capacity before it got posted onto the site.
I agree. His blog was heavily edited and it sounded nothing like the neanderthal prick that he really is. :p

James's blog should be a lot of fun to read. Harvard-educated, funny, and classy guy. Good luck to James in Sydney. :banana:

PS - what if he loses early? Will he still blog? :confused:

shotgun
01-08-2006, 11:15 PM

Depends on the number of days he will spend at Sydney after he loses, I guess. If he prefers heading towards Melbourne earlier to get used to the court and atmosphere, then we won't see many entries if he loses early.

mangoes
01-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Since this is a weekly thing, I'm assuming that even if he loses, he will keep writing the blogs throughout the week...............

Saumon
01-08-2006, 11:27 PM
he could still talk about football :tape: :p

mangoes
01-08-2006, 11:28 PM
he could still talk about football :tape: :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: ok I'm hiding from the rotten tomatoes coming my way :p ;)

Deboogle!.
01-08-2006, 11:29 PM
he could still talk about football :tape: :pHe didn't have much tennis stuff to write about yet, and footbal here between the Rose Bowl and NFL playoffs is a rather big deal :p

mangoes
01-08-2006, 11:30 PM
James mentioned Andy. Does anyone know what's up with Andy?

Deboogle!.
01-08-2006, 11:35 PM
He practiced in Hawaii on Rebound Ace courts for a while over the holidays (So thus, he was not at the Rose Bowl :lol: ), and he should be in Melbourne now for Kooyong :) Said in a conference call Friday that he's fit and excited about the new season :yeah:

El Legenda
01-08-2006, 11:50 PM
well James does not have to worry about the Giants, out of the playoffs with 23-0 lose.

mangoes
01-08-2006, 11:56 PM
He practiced in Hawaii on Rebound Ace courts for a while over the holidays (So thus, he was not at the Rose Bowl :lol: ), and he should be in Melbourne now for Kooyong :) Said in a conference call Friday that he's fit and excited about the new season :yeah:

Oh cool :D Thanks for the update.

tangerine_dream
01-08-2006, 11:57 PM
He didn't have much tennis stuff to write about yet, and footbal here between the Rose Bowl and NFL playoffs is a rather big deal :p
That's an understatement. The USC and 'horns match was replayed on ESPN Classic the other night. :rocker2:

Deboogle!.
01-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Oh cool :D Thanks for the update.Sure :)

Tangy, I was flying back to LA while the Rose Bowl was going on..... so there were tons of USC fans on the plane. First thing the captain does when we land is give the SCORE, not keep in your seats til the fasten your seatbelts sign is turned off but the score of the match :lol: then as we were taxi-ing to the gate, they gave the final score and I thought there was gonna be an uproar on the plane :haha: :haha: When they announced the final score, I laughed out loud and people stared at me :o

liptea
01-09-2006, 01:10 AM
I can't wait till they let Rafa blog.

mangoes
01-09-2006, 01:13 AM
I can't wait till they let Rafa blog.

Hopefully Marat will also blog, that should be a riot to read :lol: . I'm also looking forward to Roger and Raga's blogs. It would be great if Agassi did one too.

Deboogle!.
01-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Hopefully all the top guys will do it at some point :)

tangerine_dream
01-09-2006, 03:17 AM
Tangy, I was flying back to LA while the Rose Bowl was going on..... so there were tons of USC fans on the plane. First thing the captain does when we land is give the SCORE, not keep in your seats til the fasten your seatbelts sign is turned off but the score of the match :lol: then as we were taxi-ing to the gate, they gave the final score and I thought there was gonna be an uproar on the plane :haha: :haha: When they announced the final score, I laughed out loud and people stared at me :o
:lol: I'm glad you were able to make it off the plane alive :hug: ;)

Frooty_Bazooty
01-09-2006, 05:11 AM
Wait a second, is James Blake a tennis player or an american football commentator???? I wanted to hear something about tennis and he's rambling on about some other sport. Fair enough its a big deal in America but not everyone is american...

Deboogle!.
01-09-2006, 05:25 AM
Wait a second, is James Blake a tennis player or an american football commentator???? I wanted to hear something about tennis and he's rambling on about some other sport. Fair enough its a big deal in America but not everyone is american...What else was he gonna write about? Ljubicic's first blog wasn't really about tennis that much. it's a blog, a blog is his personal thoughts, he was thinking about football. He's American, it's what was on his mind. I'm sure his next entry after his match will be more tennis-oriented, but I bet he will also mention being bummed about the Giants :o:shrug:

El Legenda
01-09-2006, 06:34 AM
Ljubicic's first blog wasn't really about tennis that much.

what?!? it was all pretty much tennis

World Beater
01-09-2006, 06:41 AM
What else was he gonna write about? Ljubicic's first blog wasn't really about tennis that much. it's a blog, a blog is his personal thoughts, he was thinking about football. He's American, it's what was on his mind. I'm sure his next entry after his match will be more tennis-oriented, but I bet he will also mention being bummed about the Giants :o:shrug:

yes, every player will talk about tennis. Its nice to hear some more personal info into their lives. their interests etc.

CooCooCachoo
01-09-2006, 08:39 AM
I agree. His blog was heavily edited and it sounded nothing like the neanderthal prick that he really is. :p

James's blog should be a lot of fun to read. Harvard-educated, funny, and classy guy. Good luck to James in Sydney. :banana:

You sound very bitter. Maybe it would be better for your heart if you would refrain from taking the shit out of players you dislike :wavey:

Experimentee
01-09-2006, 02:30 PM
I found James' first blog boring because of the football talk. But I guess they should all be writing about things that are important to them, and obviously thats all he is thinking about! Although its a bit worrying how he seems to be concentrating more on football than on his tennis :o

Deboogle!.
01-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Well he won his match so that's all you can ask of him, Experimentee. :D

Sjengster
01-09-2006, 03:16 PM
This is the sort of innovation that really makes you wish Rios was still in the game. I'd love to read his blog. "Happy I won? Yeah. Any plans for tonight? Nothing. Anyone I enjoying hanging out with? Nobody."

At the end of the week: "Well, I won the tournament, but it wasn't hard. It's no big deal to win this beating a player like him. Anyone can do it."

LaTenista
01-09-2006, 03:17 PM
I think Gaudio's would be hilarious. And of course I'd love David Ferrer to do one, Spanglish and all. :hearts:

AgassiDomination
01-09-2006, 04:01 PM
That was not a great read. :(

tangerine_dream
01-09-2006, 05:04 PM
It's surprising a few of you are getting bent out of shape over the first entry in Blake's blog for having the gall to talk about American football. He wasn't playing tennis that day so why should he talk about tennis? Blogs are about other things, too, and I don't mind when a player goes off track and talks about something else. Good grief, I hope you won't be this upset when the next blogger starts rambling on about *snore!* his favorite soccer team.

You sound very bitter. Maybe it would be better for your heart if you would refrain from taking the shit out of players you dislike :wavey:
Apparently you are unaware that my Ivan-bashing is nothing more than a pissing contest I have going on with the Croat fans, and with RDucky in particular, who responds in kind by pissing on Roddick. It's just a personal game between us so please refrain from making silly comments. Thanks. :wavey:

El Legenda
01-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Apparently you are unaware that my Ivan-bashing is nothing more than a pissing contest I have going on with the Croat fans, and with RDucky in particular, who responds in kind by pissing on Roddick. It's just a personal game between us so please refrain from making silly comments. Thanks. :wavey:

hey tangy, i stopped by Ivans forum and there is a RODDICK FAN who is also a Ljubo fan, :speakles: not only a fan, go and see for yourself, quite amazing :)

tangerine_dream
01-09-2006, 05:19 PM
hey tangy, i stopped by Ivans forum and there is a RODDICK FAN who is also a Ljubo fan, :speakles: not only a fan, go and see for yourself, quite amazing :)
I know exactly who the culprit is. In fact, I have seen not one but two Roddick/Ivan fans around here. How about them apples? :speakles:

El Legenda
01-09-2006, 05:21 PM
I know exactly who the culprit is. In fact, I have seen not one but two Roddick/Ivan fans around here. How about them apples? :speakles:

i guess people are finally seeing the light :rolls:

cobalt60
01-09-2006, 05:22 PM
This is the sort of innovation that really makes you wish Rios was still in the game. I'd love to read his blog. "Happy I won? Yeah. Any plans for tonight? Nothing. Anyone I enjoying hanging out with? Nobody."

At the end of the week: "Well, I won the tournament, but it wasn't hard. It's no big deal to win this beating a player like him. Anyone can do it."
:lol: He most likely would have told the ATP guys to ask someone else. :p

Fee
01-09-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm a little more concerned that James is a gambling addict. What if he loses his house playing poker?!?!?!?

;)

Fee
01-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Vinnay gets all the sex on tour, unless of course Stepanek is around. He hogs all the ladies to himself.

acoffeygirl
01-09-2006, 08:29 PM
This blog idea is fun. I'm glad they throw a little of their "non-tennis" life in with the tennis stuff as well.

cobalt60
01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Vinnay gets all the sex on tour, unless of course Stepanek is around. He hogs all the ladies to himself.
:lol: OMG Vinny likes to think he gets all the sex on tour :tape:
Ok Fee your turn. Please stop me and have the last WORD

Deboogle!.
01-09-2006, 08:48 PM
James's 2nd entry is up, and it's much more tennis-oriented

"I love my Giants, but I love winning tennis matches more." :lol:

Saumon
01-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Hopefully Marat will also blog, that should be a riot to read :lol: .
it would be 18+ :aplot:
and it would mean he is back on court, I cant wait any longer :hysteric: