C. Rochus lose to Davydenko: will he drop out of top 100 this year? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

C. Rochus lose to Davydenko: will he drop out of top 100 this year?

Frederick16
01-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Allways when i see him play i think: "how can you survive in the top 100 for so long?"

no power, no real weapons, and i have always the feeling that if a opponent is really concentrated they all can power him of court...

gusman890
01-03-2006, 01:05 PM
hes about to loose to davydenko, so maybe he can get his act together and practice with his brother more. but oliver lost in the first round as well. soo maybe some serious crunch time for the rochus boys is needed..badly. although, he are still playing doubles in the tourament, so they will still be around.

CooCooCachoo
01-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Like his brother, Christophe has these weeks in which he does really well and those weeks help him to stay inside the Top 100. He might fall out, but he'd be back again.

alfonsojose
01-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Rochuses need some spanking :devil:

arn
01-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Like his brother, Christophe has these weeks in which he does really well and those weeks help him to stay inside the Top 100. He might fall out, but he'd be back again.

You can say that about Christophe, but not about his brother. Just take a look at last year results and you will see he played VERY consistent beating 8/10 the players ranked below his rank. Olivier is certainly worth his top-30 spot.

Chris Seahorse
01-03-2006, 09:00 PM
He is currently ranked at a career high 41. He is 27 years old. Today he got clubbered by a player ranked in the top 5. And because of that you think he is likely to fall out of the top 100? There are atleast 40 players in the top 100 more likely to drop out of the top 100 this year. I fully expect that the skills that have got him close to a place in the top 40 will keep him in the top 100 for at least a couple years and perhaps more, providing as with all players that he stays away from any major injuries.