PLEASE READ >> betting allegations << [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

PLEASE READ >> betting allegations <<

wtn_amanda
10-14-2003, 07:50 PM
Dear Members,

As many of you will be aware, there has been a lot of media coverage recently focusing on the subject of betting and the integrity of player’s on court performances. We strongly advise everyone against naming ANY names of individuals, groups, organisations, etc. in relation to these very serious allegations.

We understand MensTennisForums.com is made up of passionate tennis fans from around the world, many of whom care deeply about the sport. We realise many of you hold very strong opinions when the integrity of the sport you love is called into question. However, we’d also like to point out that – at this time – none of the allegations reported by elements of the media have been substantiated.

By naming any individual, you’re opening yourself up to the risk of legal action and potentially crippling damages. Even simply reproducing quotes and extracts from articles found elsewhere could leave you in a precarious legal position. We urge restraint from all members at this difficult time, and ask you to wait out the results of any official investigations that might take place in the future.

You should always exercise caution and seriously consider the implications of any message you’ve composed before hitting the post button.

Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.

Best Regards,
The MensTennisForums.com Staff

¿esquímaux?
09-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Hmm, I didn't know it was THAT serious :lol::eek::lol:

bad gambler
10-10-2004, 03:13 AM
never heard of it

Éowyn
10-14-2004, 07:58 PM
didn't evne know there were allegations! must be a US thing certainly not been in our news

jtipson
10-14-2004, 09:47 PM
This happened *last year* folks. The allegations surfaced during TMS Madrid. I'm sure there are plenty of discussions and articles about it.

bad gambler
10-24-2004, 11:55 AM
mate tell me what this is about

Golfnduck
11-05-2004, 09:00 PM
what is this all about?

bad gambler
01-08-2005, 10:29 PM
jimmy enlighten us please

mitalidas
07-19-2005, 05:57 PM
how will they find us? where will they send the subpoena? :confused: