Arnaud in the Land of Aussies. Isn't it the right time to rewrite some old records? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Arnaud in the Land of Aussies. Isn't it the right time to rewrite some old records?

Hangdog
01-01-2006, 10:12 PM
I've thought happy owners of the special thread for Clement have to use this feature some way.

So the first stop is in Adelaide. Non-seeded Arnaud meets in the first round Ancic (4). And in doubles French couple Clement/Llodra faces to local stars Hanley/Ullyett (1).

Well, there is a nice fact that Arnaud leads 2-0 in their meetings with Ancic, but it's clear the match won't be easy... At least it'll be a good chance to check the current form and an effect of December's trainings. And in doubles match I think Arnaud and Micka have not bad chances to win.

First match is on Monday, January 2th.
Center Court, the last match: Mario ANCIC (CRO) vs Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA).
Seems it'll be around 8pm of the local time and 12pm of CET if I'm not wrong.

ALLEZ ARNAUD!

Marine
01-01-2006, 10:51 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY ! :wavey:

Come on Arnaud !

Via
01-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Seems it'll be around 8pm of the local time and 12pm of CET if I'm not wrong.

8pm..... lol... with the new scoring format for the doubles (the first night match on monday), i don't really know when one is likely to end!

good luck arnaud

btw which record would you like to see rewritten? hmm the outcome of a grand slam final? ;)

:wavey: marine

Marine
01-02-2006, 11:45 AM
First match first defeat 6/0 6/2 :awww:

Good start...

Hangdog
01-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Bad :(.

Ancic: "It was not his best day, he was missing more than the last two times we played and he gave me a lot of opportunities to play my game. I was aggressive, a lot of times finishing the point at the net. My last match was Davis Cup so I was already in a bit of a groove and it was much tougher for him."
Even very bad :rolleyes:.

Happy New Year to you too, Marine. Seems you had a great time like the most of frenchies =). I watched a bit of celebrations in Paris, it looked very nice and beautiful... at least on TV.

Via, huh after this match I almost don't think anymore about any new records... Am too disappointed. Anyway while he's a professional and have some records to rewrite, even that final - just a final, not the title right? - he has goals to aim to and things to improve... though maybe I have too good opinion about him...

Via
01-02-2006, 09:47 PM
great to see his conqueror has generous things to say (which means it must have been a pathetic match as far as arnaud is concerned)

well ancic ended last year in great mood but not exactly arnaud so it tells. i hope he'll do something in the doubles and NOT going down in first round...

Via
01-02-2006, 09:51 PM
kiefer just said yesterday at hopman cup that at 28 he's still a young man. (has agassi given him hope??) i hope arnaud thinks the same. as long as he's healthy he can still get better and get good results.

ok i'll stop here and pray that the next post will bring good news!

Via
01-04-2006, 06:18 AM
sorry it's me again :p

(1)Hanley/Ullyett d Carraz/Lisnard 64 76(1)

looks like mika can't even start the doubles match so we had another pair of frenchies instead.

arnaud's first stop down under has been pretty disastrous... anyway he must be on his way to sydney :sad:

esther
01-04-2006, 08:14 AM
seb loses 6/4 6/4 and arnaud loses 6/0 6/2.

greeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaat.....

anyways, happy new year everyone!

Im so behind is Arnaud playing in Sydney? Rachael will be going there to see Seb so maybe she will bump into Arnaud too.....

And im going to Kooyong on Wednesday if anyone's interested! YAY

Via
01-04-2006, 11:37 PM
esther you will soon be right at the action and not behind anyone or on anything :D

:bigcry: one good reason why i like this year was because seb's back in sydney!!! joining arnaud again. the last time was 2002. i loved watching them practise.

if rachael still needs tickets, i have 2 very good centre court tics ....... seeing that i'm unlikely to make it :(

Via
01-04-2006, 11:39 PM
ohhh forgot to say that arnaud is on sydney's alternate list and knowing his habit he'll come and play qualifying if need be.

Marine
01-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Oh poor Via, it's not fair :sad:

I'd like to buy ur tickets, but...

Hangdog
01-05-2006, 09:08 PM
:bigcry: one good reason why i like this year was because seb's back in sydney!!! joining arnaud again. the last time was 2002. i loved watching them practise.

if rachael still needs tickets, i have 2 very good centre court tics ....... seeing that i'm unlikely to make it :(
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Via.......................... :sad:
Esther, have a great time in Kooyong!

Via
01-06-2006, 03:13 AM
I'd like to buy ur tickets, but...

if you pay for your air ticket to sydney, i'll give you the tennis tickets for free ;)

marine and irina :hug: thanks

... still thinking about it. there are numerous frenchies in sydney this year. arnaud, seb, richard, paulo, florent(? hehe), plus alternates santoro, saulnier... i can't remember a larger frenchie team here. not even for a davis cup tie lol. french restaurants in the city area will get good business, i predict.

i still can't believe i'm gonna miss it :bigcry:

Via
01-06-2006, 11:05 PM
arnaud and lisnard have turned up for the qualies in sydney, not the others who didnt make the cut.

arnaud gets tomas behrend in his section of the draw... i dont think i like this name at all :( good luck arnaud (who needs more matches to shake off that rust anyway)

edit: i've sent 'photographers' out to court 4 to snap arnaud... whether that will work out remains to be seen.... :shrug:

update: arnaud's leading 6-3 in 1st qualie match and was changing shirt :drool: :banghead:

update: arnaud's won this match and was in a hurry to get off the court (there'll be another match later in the afternoon) but not before signing on two pics for my sister :D :banghead::banghead:

Hangdog
01-07-2006, 02:54 AM
:worship: Thanks a lot for updates, Via, seems I was woken up in the right time =) Hmm.. but it was in 3 sets, wasn't it?..
arnaud gets tomas behrend in his section of the draw... i dont think i like this name at all :(
Behrend? Huh... "Sergiy Stakhovsky" tells me more. I'd even better won't continue, I have too pessimistic mood about all this stuff with Arnaud's present tennis.
florent(? hehe)
:devil: Yes! My best tennis hope of 2006 :p

Nice to see Arnaud comes back to your avatar :yeah:.

Via
01-07-2006, 03:14 AM
:worship: Thanks a lot for updates, Via, seems I was woken up in the right time =) Hmm.. but it was in 3 sets, wasn't it?..

you're welcome :D but i hope you don't get up again, not worth it yet... wait till the aussie open ;)

Behrend? Huh... "Sergiy Stakhovsky" tells me more. I'd even better won't continue, I have too pessimistic mood about all this stuff with Arnaud's present tennis.

behrend appears to have lost :devil: guess that doesn't change much given your pessimism!!!

my next task will be watching florent serra play hrbaty... in adelaide on tv :p

Hangdog
01-07-2006, 03:22 AM
my next task will be watching florent serra play hrbaty... in adelaide on tv :p
Watching, even if on TV, ohhh! Cruel you... lol Okej, "relax and enjoy"! And I'll wait for the result, as usually though. At least we'll have AO on TV..

Via
01-07-2006, 06:02 AM
arnaud and koubek are now one set all. i've managed to hear a few 'nono groans' on the mobile phone. how exciting!......... go arnaud

Via
01-07-2006, 06:06 AM
Watching, even if on TV, ohhh! Cruel you... lol Okej, "relax and enjoy"! And I'll wait for the result, as usually though. At least we'll have AO on TV..

florent won easily. as easy as the score suggests. guess you should be pleased!

i think you'll have more interesting matches from the AO on your tv. at least you won't be forced to sit through a wayne arthurs singles match. actually it can be worse... :o

Via
01-07-2006, 07:59 AM
the scores are now on the website so my updates aren't needed anymore! arnaud came through 46 61 63. he has one last round of qualifying and will meet a local aussie i think?? that may get him into centre court again on sunday. such a drawcard, our nono.......

esther
01-07-2006, 10:08 AM
oh go Arnaud!!! The Quallies system is so unfair. But i guess all the players have to go thru it at one stage or another......I hope he gets thru, but he never seems to get past the first round in sydney are am i wrong?

via- When are your free tickets for? Which day? I'll ask Rachael now. And again, im so sorry that you cant come :sad: Next year maybe?

Via
01-07-2006, 11:02 PM
arnaud will play on centre court as i had predicted... will that get him into my lounge room (tv) this afternoon? seeing that chan.7 will cut over to adelaide at 3.30 i am not that hopeful. well anyway there should be one frenchie or another at 3.30 ;)

esther you have such excellent logic. i am not ironic. it IS so unfair that arnaud has to play qualies and everyone knows he's such a crowd pleaser and now he's graced the sunday centre court two years in a row. otherwise there would not be any other men qualifier of interest as far as the sydney crowd goes. they do put a few of the 'hopman cup' girls in this year and they have the abc to thank for that advanced publicity.

arnaud plays well on rebound ace! he does get past first rounds here but last year he bumped into hewitt every time lol

he's also playing in doubles and look at this section of the draw and you should notice what's wierd:

(4) Fabrice Santoro (FRA)/ Nenad Zimonjic (SCG) vs. Igor Andreev (RUS)/Dmitry Tursunov (RUS)
Jonathan Erlich (ISR)/ Andy Ram (ISR) vs. Arnaud Clement (FRA)/ Michael Llodra (FRA)

via- When are your free tickets for? Which day? I'll ask Rachael now. And again, im so sorry that you cant come :sad: Next year maybe?

they are centre court tickets for tuesday day session. 2nd row, next to an aisle. great for taking pics. though i never sit in the same spot every year so i don't know for sure :p

if rachael is interested i would be very happy to let her have them BUT two things: she will have to come to me to pick them up! also i won't decide to abandon them until the last minute coz i'm still holding out for my miracle recovery (or risk getting carried out of homebush on a stretcher). so i don't know if she's happy to wait for them.

esther i do hope you'll go to the ao because every year you have such good stories and piccies!

Via
01-08-2006, 06:34 AM
arnaud's through to the main draw in sydney :yippee:

Marine
01-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Allez Arnaud, allez les gars, Seb, Paulo, Richard... Florent did it, you can do it ! :cool:

Hangdog
01-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Yeah, at least Arnaud hasn't caught Hewitt for the first round match though had such a possibility. So well, will see what he's going to show this time...
Allez Arnaud, come on! Jepp, allez les gars aussi.
i think you'll have more interesting matches from the AO on your tv
Aha, exactly. Mostly of female tennis where too many russians... The best luck for me will be if some frenchies bump into any russians. But it won't be a good luck for frenchies... What a dilemma.

Thank you a lot, Via, for the picture, video - both things are very nice - and other updates and details.

Via
01-08-2006, 09:17 PM
lol irina... so everywhere tennis is so much a patriotic sport. your chance to support your national heroes/heroines. i need to move to france (if marine will adopt me ;) )

i think arnaud prefers getting dent than hewitt, but dent had a heck of a time warming up at the hopman cup in perth, (winning it too), so it isn't so great for arnaud. i just hope that arnaud will right some wrongs here in sydney... they've used him a few times to attract audiences and will again feature tonight in a night match (yes centre court) and it will be so frustrating for arnaud to lose again.

yes that florent better arrive in time to cheer up the rest of les gars because they all look rather shaky right now... lol

Marine
01-08-2006, 09:22 PM
i need to move to france (if marine will adopt me ;) )

:hug:

esther
01-09-2006, 04:19 AM
he's playing the second night match tonite...shame it wont be on TV, Channel 7 has opted for re-runs of Grey Anatomy and Lost instead :( But good on him for getting thru to the main draw but Dent has had too much match practise... Hopefully it'll go to 3 sets at least...

Thats cool that hes playing doubles with Mika tho!!! Maybe they will lose soon and come down to Kooyong and watch Gael....

I msged Rachael about the tickets, but i dont think she knows yet...Maybe it too late to organise..?! I dunno

esther
01-09-2006, 04:21 AM
Via- Prazz and I not sure yet which days we're going to AO at the moment because we're both working. I dont even know whether i can go Monday or Tuesday yet but we'll see....... I'll be at Quallies on Thursday and Friday tho so hopefuly we'll catch ppl training.

Marine
01-09-2006, 06:13 PM
He won hist first round :bounce: :bigclap:
6-1 2-6 6-2.

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/reuters_ids/20060109/13/790292953.jpg

Via
01-09-2006, 08:07 PM
i love this victory....... it tells me once again that hopman cup results don't account for much. and of course, that arnaud is still a pretty handy player on this surface!! :bounce:

doesn't look like he's playing today??.... so wednesday is the next big day....:awww:

Marine
01-09-2006, 08:41 PM
doesn't look like he's playing today??.... so wednesday is the next big day....:awww:

And wednsesday u won't be there neither ?

esther
01-09-2006, 10:39 PM
yayayay he won!!! Im so surprised!!! Thats awesome - who does he play next?

esther
01-09-2006, 10:40 PM
via- i gave rach your number so she'll call/msg u about the tickets i hope!

Via
01-09-2006, 10:57 PM
yes thanks esther we've been in touch... she's coming up to sydney :)

seb will have plenty of courtside support today ;)

arnaud will stay with us for a while yet before going down to melbourne yayayay ;)

Via
01-10-2006, 03:20 AM
arnaud will get juan monaco, lucky loser who's beaten verdasco

esther
01-10-2006, 05:15 AM
SEB IS ON TV YAYAYAY!!

Marine
01-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Court 6 – Starting at 11.00am
Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA) V Juan MONACO (ARG)

Florent SERRA (FRA) V Dmitry TURSUNOV (RUS)

RAYMOND (USA) / STOSUR (AUS) V KUZNETSOVA (RUS)/ MAURESMO (FRA)

ERLICH (ISR) / RAM (ISR) V CLEMENT (FRA) / LLODRA (FRA)

Via
01-10-2006, 11:04 PM
i want to go, but my driver/helper doesn't coz it's going to be an extremely hot day!!!

still want to hold out for the doubles match..... is mika still suspect (with injury)?

Via
01-11-2006, 05:47 AM
arnaud has beaten monaco 76 63 and will meet blake... should be tomorrow.

about to start the doubles match with mika.

esther
01-11-2006, 07:45 AM
OMG yay for Arnaud!!! Straight sets too, impressive!!

Arnaud and Mika defeated Erlich and Ram 7-6 7-6....great day for Arnaud :)

Marine
01-11-2006, 08:00 AM
:woohoo: :yippee: :bigclap: :bounce:

esther
01-11-2006, 08:05 AM
The match against Blake is tomorrow and should be an interesting one....

Via
01-11-2006, 08:07 AM
arnaud has won 6 matches in a row in sydney :eek: very good for confidence, not to mention supremely fit! i hope he still has something in the tank for tomorrow (and next week lol)

esther
01-11-2006, 08:34 AM
hes on fire!! Arnaud mustve worked hard over the break....

As for Seb....hmmm...

willrock
01-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Great result for Arnaud! :banana:

chicky841
01-11-2006, 04:56 PM
whoohoo. next up is james blake. Who I dont like so, Arnaud better win. Good luck to him

esther
01-12-2006, 08:28 AM
James Blake DEF Arnaud....3-6 6-4 6-4.

He took the first set tho.....Maybe that means Arnaud is coming down to Melbourne tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Via
01-12-2006, 08:54 AM
36 61 64 esther ;)

i know coz i was there!!!!!!!! i even managed to raise my voice to cheer him on a few times! :D

he was sooo nice he stayed on to sign autographs for a lot of kids (who weren't cheering him when he's playing) and signed my frenchie hat too... i wished him good luck in melbourne and he nodded.... he's so sweeet :hearts:

i'm too tired to say more! more later.....

Via
01-12-2006, 08:56 AM
that man is STILL playing doubles right now..... i thought he wouldn't have the legs! he hardly had any left in the 2nd 3rd set of the match with blake. poor thing...

chicky841
01-12-2006, 12:19 PM
damn! James beat him. Wish I could of been there to see him. Its cool that even though he lost he still signed autographs. So maybe he wasnt too disappointed.

willrock
01-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Holy sh*t the match was so close Arnaud :bigcry:
Anyway 3 sets against Blake is cool and a QF before Aussie Open is encouraging :yeah:

SwissMister1
01-12-2006, 05:02 PM
a good result for arnaud, obviously he would be a bit tired, but a good effort anyway, good luck at the aussie!

Via
01-12-2006, 11:10 PM
the match wasn't close at any stage lol

the first set arnaud was superb and james had no answer. the second set arnaud went completely out of steam. the third he tried to stay in the match and fought as hard as he could but was so obviously tired, it was a hopeless struggle.

if he hadn't played two matches the day before, maybe this match would be a lot closer when it mattered :( but he wouldn't have known how far he'd go in the singles so these days, he can't afford to save himself for singles only :shrug:

Via
01-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Its cool that even though he lost he still signed autographs. So maybe he wasnt too disappointed.

he was disappointed! but yeah it's so cool of him. i guess it had a lot to do with the support he got from the crowd ;) so he made an exception i think. i don't recall him staying behind much after losing elsewhere in other tournaments or on other occasions.

one funny thing was, among the more vocal fans... the pretty girls cheered for james, and the boys and the blokes cheered for arnaud :scratch: not fair for arnaud :lol:

bruno was supporting him on the stands, while mika and fabrice and others were watching from the players balcony (it's the only court that can be viewed from the restricted area). both bruno and mika urged him on on the important points in 3rd set. oh and Via too ;)

esther
01-13-2006, 07:18 AM
Oh Via im so glad you made it to Sydney!!!

Shame he lost, but im so happy that he won so many matches in a row. He arrived in Melbourne today apparently....wasnt lucky enough to bump into him though.

Marine
01-13-2006, 06:09 PM
I am happy for you Via. You deserved to see him , you're so loyal ! ;)
I hope Esther will can watch his match.

Ohh poor frenchies, arnaud,, paulo, seb, richard that's horrible this year. :(

esther
01-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Im desperate to know if the top half (the one eveyrone is in) plays on Monday or Tuesday because Im working tuesday....ahhhhhhhh

I'll have to call in sick

Via
01-13-2006, 11:11 PM
can't you call in sick right on tuesday morning, in case they play tuesday? you'll look more genuinely sick too, if you feel 'sick' at the last minute lol

esther
01-14-2006, 09:14 AM
i swapped with someone...not taking any chances :) ;)

Marine
01-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Via...LOL

Esther does it mean u'll be there tuesday ?

Monday
Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Mariana Diaz-Oliva (ARG)
vs. Camille Pin (FRA)
If someone goes monday...there will be Arnaud. ;)

Via
01-14-2006, 10:35 PM
esther is now a smart working woman :yeah:

marine... shouldn't you start to be saving for your plane ticket down under?? come before your favourite frenchies retire and you'll get more chances to see them and approach them than in france ;) you know once you get here, everything else will be on us :)

esther
01-15-2006, 10:48 PM
WHAT???? We thought Camille pulled out because she didnt play her qualifying match on Thursday!!!!!!!!!

Prazz and I arent going today...:sad: Dammit i should have checked. Sorry everyone lol

Yeah we're going on Tuesday...It's going to be hectic because theres so many people playing that day. Dont know what i'll do if Seb is playing at the same time as Arnaud/Paulo...I hope Seb isn't playing on Rod Laver!!! Do you think he may be because of Philipoussis??? :eek:

PaulieM
01-15-2006, 11:35 PM
good luck arnaud!! :)

Marine
01-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Arnaud (and paulo) play on court 19 in 3th match.

Camille won :clap2: and will play...Serena at second round, like the last year.
It's the second time she reaches a second round in grand slam here. Why ? "J'adore l'Australie !" lol
Good luck vs the monster !!! :D

Via
01-16-2006, 09:57 PM
yes i heard after yesterday serena's match that she's playing camille, i thought... not again :rolleyes: well at least camille knows what to expect.

good luck to them both :bigclap:

Via
01-16-2006, 10:03 PM
WHAT???? We thought Camille pulled out because she didnt play her qualifying match on Thursday!!!!!!!!!

Prazz and I arent going today...:sad: Dammit i should have checked. Sorry everyone lol

Yeah we're going on Tuesday...It's going to be hectic because theres so many people playing that day. Dont know what i'll do if Seb is playing at the same time as Arnaud/Paulo...I hope Seb isn't playing on Rod Laver!!! Do you think he may be because of Philipoussis??? :eek:

camille must have been promoted to the main draw then when someone withdrew...

i've seen the schedule for today... yes i will see seb on telly so i hope esther you and rachael will be able to get a night ticket for rod laver!!!

esther
01-18-2006, 04:40 AM
Arnaud vs Paulo was boring!!! I cant believe it. I thought it'd be the match of the day but it was nothing special at all.