GRAYDON OLIVER... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

GRAYDON OLIVER...

Als
01-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey!

I'm a really big fan of Graydon Oliver. I know he's not very well-known, but he's a great doubles player, and a really great guy. Unfortunately I've heard that he has retired because of the ridiculous changes the ATP are making to doubles.

But I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard this. I really hope it's not true, it would be such a pity for him to end such a promising career. What the ATP have done to doubles is scandolous. I haven't seen his name on any entry lists this month. Is it true then???

Thanks,

A Concerned Fan :confused:

Fee
01-01-2006, 07:14 PM
He chose not to travel to Australia this year.

That's all I'm saying.

alfonsojose
01-01-2006, 07:34 PM
:sad:

i could lend him some money . We could negotiate some alternate "payment terms" :drool: I'm not interested in cash :angel:

enqvistfan
01-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey!

I'm a really big fan of Graydon Oliver. I know he's not very well-known, but he's a great doubles player, and a really great guy. Unfortunately I've heard that he has retired because of the ridiculous changes the ATP are making to doubles.

But I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard this. I really hope it's not true, it would be such a pity for him to end such a promising career. What the ATP have done to doubles is scandolous. I haven't seen his name on any entry lists this month. Is it true then???

Thanks,

A Concerned Fan :confused:

http://www.graydonoliveronline.cjb.net/
Check this website, maybe you'll find any news :)

Sue Ellen
01-01-2006, 09:48 PM
He chose not to travel to Australia this year.

That's all I'm saying.

Fee, Alan said himself that Graydon hasn't entered any tourneys in Oz so obviously we know that he has chosen not to travel to Australia this season. That's basically all you are saying because it's all you know! As a good friend of Graydon's, I know he will let his fans know if he plans to retire when he feels it's time. The guy respects his fans and I know he will continue to respect them by sharing the truth with them. So Fee, please don't act like you are trying to hide something, this is Graydon's business, not yours!

PS: Fee, I am not trying to start another argument with you, I am just telling the truth. So, please do not feel the need to bad rep me again, it's like SO childish and SO 2005!

Als
01-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Thanks for that Saz, wow I can't believe you know Gray, is he a really nice guy? Bet he is! I knew he wasn't traveling to Oz, that's what I said. But I hope he isn't retiring!!! He's way to talented.

Fee
01-01-2006, 10:14 PM
I do know what's going on, but as you said, it's his news not mine so I chose not to say anything. I was intentionally trying to be vague. :rolleyes:

Yes Als, he is a really good guy and he is a very talented doubles player. :D Check his website every once in a while.

Als
01-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey Fee, thanks for that, thanks for taking the time to post. My head is just so wrecked though waiting to see if he's retired or not. Can you please be a little less vague, please. I'm just such a big fan of his, and hope he hasn't packed it in.

How do you know Graydon? Do you know any other players???

El Legenda
01-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Has to be hard to travel when he makes almost no money :wavey:

Silawen
01-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Mike, go annoy someone else, this has nothing to do with you. *eyeroll*

El Legenda
01-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Mike, go annoy someone else, this has nothing to do with you. *eyeroll*

does this thread have anything to do with anyone except the " Concerned Fan" :wavey:

drf716
01-02-2006, 12:07 PM
i know the feeling, when you're the only one who knows and likes and wants to support an idol of yours.

alfonsojose
01-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Has to be hard to travel when he makes almost no money :wavey:
thanks for your contribution to the thread ;) happy 2006 :wavey:

Experimentee
01-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I hope he hasnt retired due to the changes. That would be a huge shame :sad:

CooCooCachoo
01-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Graydon :sad:

The ATP is ruining tennis :fiery:

buddyholly
01-03-2006, 12:42 AM
I do know what's going on, but as you said, it's his news not mine so I chose not to say anything. I was intentionally trying to be vague. :rolleyes:

Well, actually you did say something. Something like, ''I would like everyone to know that Graydon and I share intimate secrets, but you common folk out there will remain in the dark.''

I'm eating my heart out right now.

buddyholly
01-03-2006, 01:54 AM
It's huge, you know it's huge.

It is also raining in Phuket at 9am. That is not supposed to happen in January.

cincy
01-03-2006, 09:45 PM
I like Graydon Oliver too and I hope he hasn't retired. But, why would he retire because of the "new rules" when there aren't any new rules? The ATP and the players' union came to terms and the players won. Nothing will change in doubles except for the tiebreak.

Kristen
01-04-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm having major issues getting used to the new rule at deuce.... "receivers choice" is a pain in the ass when it doesnt go my guys way :lol:

Adelaide have been writing about the doubles changes being a new thing, 'first, in adelaide!' :tape: Graydon:yeah::hatoff:

mojo37_12
01-05-2006, 02:00 AM
Graydon :sad:

The ATP is ruining tennis :fiery:

I know. The men should just pack their bags and join the WTA Tour.