Hyundai Hopman Cup: USA def. Serbia & Montenegro(2-1) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hyundai Hopman Cup: USA def. Serbia & Montenegro(2-1)

Hola Mr. SK
01-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Ana Ivanovic def. Lisa Raymond : 6-2, 6-4
Taylor Dent def. Novak Djokovic: 6-1, 6-4
Dent/Raymond def. Djokovic/Ivanovic: 7-6(7/3), 6-2

Congrats to United States!!:yeah: Good start! :D
well done,Lisa & Dent!
Ana & Novak also did a good job. :)

prediction:
Hyundai Hopman Cup 2006:
The Final--- :worship: USA vs Germany:worship:

;)

OddJob
01-01-2006, 06:05 AM
Great job U.S.! Good start for Taylor in '06. He'll be carring the team esp when it comes to singles.

Hola Mr. SK
01-01-2006, 06:08 AM
Great job U.S.! Good start for Taylor in '06. He'll be carring the team esp when it comes to singles.
and Lisa's good at doubles!! :yeah:but I'd appreciate if she wins the singles!:)

OddJob
01-01-2006, 06:59 AM
and Lisa's good at doubles!!

Yea she's an awesome doubles player. They're going to be a hard team to beat in dubs. She already lost to Ana next up is Sveta and I don't think Lisa can pull that one off. Then Lisa has Sofia and that match is 50/50.

Federerthebest
01-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Dent is a lot of fun to watch. That backhand volley is absolutely gorgeous.

Clara Bow
01-01-2006, 08:37 AM
I am a big fan of Dent. He and Blake are my favorite American players to watch.

Nathaliia
01-01-2006, 09:03 AM
yes, Dent is between my fave players as well, I only don't like when he's wasting chances.

Neely
01-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Well done, USA! Dent's match looks much too easy by the scoreline, I thought it would be tougher and Djokovic gets a better result... the rest was pretty much expected as I had predicted it, Ivanovic winning against Raymond and the more experienced USA doubles taking the mixed.

Experimentee
01-01-2006, 11:01 AM
The New Year's Eve ball definitely had an effect on Djokovic's play today. Apparently he stayed out late last night, had a few drinks and ended up on a table swinging his jacket around over his head! And then later he got up on stage and sang Proud Mary!
They had a bit of footage of it on tv. It looked like he was enjoying himself :tape:
Novak admitted himself that the night was crucial to his play (i think he meant it had a big effect)

On the other hand, the ever responsible Dent was there with Jenny Hopkins, saying he wouldnt stay long because he had a match tomorrow ;)

Papakori
01-01-2006, 11:08 AM
well done USA!

Nathaliia
01-01-2006, 11:42 AM
The New Year's Eve ball definitely had an effect on Djokovic's play today. Apparently he stayed out late last night, had a few drinks and ended up on a table swinging his jacket around over his head! And then later he got up on stage and sang Proud Mary!
They had a bit of footage of it on tv. It looked like he was enjoying himself :tape:
Novak admitted himself that the night was crucial to his play (i think he meant it had a big effect)

On the other hand, the ever responsible Dent was there with Jenny Hopkins, saying he wouldnt stay long because he had a match tomorrow ;)
WOW! I start feeling familiar with Novak! Not that I end up on the table when I'm drinking (or under the table) but he's a real Slavic soul :yeah:

once when I was in Bulgaria, there was an open air party for tourists and some people from Serbia were having real fun ;)

Federerthebest
01-01-2006, 12:12 PM
who doesn't love someone who ends up on a table swinging their jacket around their head singing proud Mary and then proceeds to take to the tennis court the next day and play in a state of intoxication.

Yeah, I'm sure the people who paid their hard-earned money for seats appreciated the fact that he was too drunk to play properly.

Experimentee
01-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Novak is awesome :yeah:
He really knows how to party!

He looked like he was stripping when he was swinging his jacket around. Not sure how far he went though :o

Hola Mr. SK
01-01-2006, 01:40 PM
drunk,man,must be drunk...
poor Ana:sad:

Experimentee
01-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Novak didnt play well but we shouldnt take anything away from Taylor. He played great today and may have won even if Novak played decently. He seems to have improved his movement, and was impenetrable at the net, volleying very well.

adee-gee
01-01-2006, 01:56 PM

:haha:

Nole :yeah: good to see he's got his priorities right. Who cares about the Hopman Cup when you can have a good time. Did he snog Ana as well? :p

Deboogle!.
01-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Novak didnt play well but we shouldnt take anything away from Taylor. He played great today and may have won even if Novak played decently. He seems to have improved his movement, and was impenetrable at the net, volleying very well.Thanks for that information. good to hear, especially regarding his movement.. I was disappointed last night when people said that he didn't look any fitter (there had been a lot of press about him going to florida to improve his fitness)

pryss
01-02-2006, 03:00 AM
NO HE DID NOT.

Love,
The one who turned lesian for Ana

;)
:rolls: