~*~The Mariano Supporters Chat Lounge~*~ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

~*~The Mariano Supporters Chat Lounge~*~

Pages : [1] 2

Carlita
12-31-2005, 11:51 AM
:wavey: Okay, so I'm hoping you will all agree with Ali. I made a chat thingie here! ;) :lol:

So chat away! :woohoo:

Seriously, I see how much fun it can be in Nando Land (Lynn would know about this too). We talk about all sorts of things. Happy, sad, what you wish to share.

I must say I like it here and the Mariano fans are sweet too :hug:

If you don't want this one, Jazz or Neely can always delete it again ;)
Or if you do like it but want a new name....tell me and I'll change it :D

Happy Chatting!! :hug:

Sjoukje

Carlita
12-31-2005, 12:35 PM
I would like to wish everyone here a wonderful[/url] [url="http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZZ"]http://smileys.******************/cat/8/8_6_19.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZZ) May all your wishes come true! May Mariano return to the tennis courts and let us enjoy his wonderful game! :hug:

Choupi
12-31-2005, 01:13 PM
Great idea to create a chat here Sjoukje. :yeah: I'm with you 100% :)

It's a bit early here but I know that it's already 2006 in some areas. So, my turn to wish a Happy 2006 to all who will happen to read that msg. :)

*Ljubica*
12-31-2005, 01:22 PM
Yes - I think it's a great idea too - thanks Sjoukje :hug: I am sure Choupi will agree that she and I (and many others) have great fun chatting over in Gastón-land - so I think it's a great idea. And Happy 2006 to everyone here too.

Choupi
12-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Right!! I agree Rosie. :)

DhammaTiger
12-31-2005, 01:49 PM
SjoukijeI am so happy you started this thread. Now I can post and chat to our hearts content about anything and everything without fear of being out of topic.
First of all may I wish everyone here in Marianos forum, and lurkers too, a very, very happy new year. May everyone be happy,safe, in good health and free of suffering of any kind all throughout the coming year and beyond. May all your dreams come true and may you never suffer any disappointments in your life. May all beings be happy!! ( by the way this is part of a buddhist prayer which I have adopted as my own motto,even though I am not a buddhist)

Carlita
12-31-2005, 01:49 PM
:D Glad to hear you like it :hug:

oooh and I'm happy again...Little Rafael has slowly started eating again :D Also he was bouncing around the house...so I think he'll be fine :bounce:

DhammaTiger
12-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Oh I forgot to add Mariano in my wishes for 2006.
Felis ano nuevo Mariano. I hope all your problems are washed away as the rain washes the debris from the road. May all your dreams come true and mayy ou and your family have a safe and happy new year. May you be live in safety and joy, and may you be free from suffering of all kinds in the next year and beyond. May you always achieve what you set yourself to achieve.

DhammaTiger
12-31-2005, 02:00 PM
Happy new year to Rafael too. I wish I could play tennis this evening but I can't. Anyway I shall solve some sudo ku puzzles. Hey does anyone do su doku. Me, I am an addict. I love to hear what you hink of su doku.( I just started our first topic for chatting).

Carlita
12-31-2005, 02:09 PM
As you are all so sweet here, I wanted to share our Dutch traditional New Year's Eve food

Oliebollen and Appelflappen :lol:

http://members.chello.nl/h.hendriks32/oliebollen.jpghttp://www.dekooktips.com/pic-rec/appelflap.jpg

hmm... I've seen people with so doku puzzles....are those with the numbers? Tell me more! :D Although they look very difficult to me :unsure:

DhammaTiger
12-31-2005, 02:22 PM
yummm, yumm! those cakes sure look delicious. One time i drove around Holland in a 2cv, but hat was in springtime and not new year. Yes it's those puzzles with numbers.Su doku is not difficult at all. It just requires you to do them logically and not guess. If you guess it willbe wrong. You can start on the very easy ones and wok your way up. Here is a link to one of the sites where you can play online and they have the rules, hich are easy to follow.
www.sudoku.com
So, if you want to try it please jump in.

*Ljubica*
12-31-2005, 02:56 PM
First - so happy that Rafa is better :) That is the best news! As for the cookies - :inlove: My dear friend Judith (she posts as bovenbuuf here on MTF in case you don't know her) - will attest that I have a weakness for Dutch cookies and pastries - she was with me at the tournament in Rotterdam this year- and she KNOWS how much I love them!!! :p

My news - I have just added to my "cat" family :) I told the entire story over on Gastón's Forum - but basically I already have two, and this poor little soul was just abandoned by his callous owners when they moved house a month ago and left him behind :sad: Even the RSPCA and charity people couldnt catch him because he was too scared, and he was just getting weaker trying to fend for himself in the freezing temperatures we've been havng. So someone asked me to go yesterday and try to get him because I'm supposed to have this "bond" with cats!! The idea was I would keep him til the animal resuce places open after the holidays and then take him there - but I've fallen in love with him so I now have as lightly bigger cat family :) He isn't very well at the moment but I will post a pic or two when he is strong enough and looks a bit better. I called him Caspar after one of the Three Wise Men in the Christmas story - it just seemed appropriate.

Happy New Year to you all again :wavey:

Carlita
12-31-2005, 03:10 PM
aaaaw Rosie that's so sweet!! I'm sure you'll make him feel better again soon!! :hug: I don't get why some people take pets and then when they get fed up, go on holidays, move or whatever they just dump them! :(

Will you come to Rotterdam again in 2006? I'll be there all week :D (except Monday during the day when I have to work...)

Ali I'll try those puzzles later on. Thanks for the link :)

*Ljubica*
12-31-2005, 03:53 PM
aaaaw Rosie that's so sweet!! I'm sure you'll make him feel better again soon!! :hug: I don't get why some people take pets and then when they get fed up, go on holidays, move or whatever they just dump them! :(

Will you come to Rotterdam again in 2006? I'll be there all week :D (except Monday during the day when I have to work...)

Ali I'll try those puzzles later on. Thanks for the link :)

No - I won't be in Rotterdam in 2006 :sad: I have some "issues" at work - our department is relocating in March and I am one of the people organising the move so not allowed any leave in January or February :devil:

As for the sudoku- it is very popular here, and there is a puzzle in the newspaper everyday - but I am totally useless at it :devil: Anything to do with numbers in any shape or form defeats me totally - I was always bottom of the class in maths at school :p and top in languages - and I haven't changed since - I'm sure I am "numbers dyslexic" or something - so it's not for me!!! My Father does them all the time though - he is addicted to them!!!

Carlita
12-31-2005, 04:27 PM
No - I won't be in Rotterdam in 2006 :sad: I have some "issues" at work - our department is relocating in March and I am one of the people organising the move so not allowed any leave in January or February :devil: :awww:

As for the sudoku- it is very popular here, and there is a puzzle in the newspaper everyday - but I am totally useless at it :devil: Anything to do with numbers in any shape or form defeats me totally - I was always bottom of the class in maths at school :p and top in languages - and I haven't changed since - I'm sure I am "numbers dyslexic" or something - so it's not for me!!! oh that sounds a lot like me!! :lol: me and numbers "don't mix". I will give it a try though....but I think it will also not be for me :lol:

*Ljubica*
12-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Anyway- I have to go now as I have friends coming over tonight and need to prepare some more food. If I can get back on here tonght I will - if not - want to wish you all the VERY best for the New year- and talk to you all in 2006 :hug:

DhammaTiger
12-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Rosie you are really admirable in your kindness and love of animals. This is precisely why I admire you. You are wondful to take the kitten in. I also find it ghastly the way people get pets as a whim and then abandon them. Good luck with the move of your department, I hope it will be as less hassle free as possible. Sjoukije and Rosie please don't be detered with numbers in Su doku. Numbers are irrelevent there. you can substitute shapes or letters instead. When you go to that site, www.sudoku.com
they tell you how to substitute shapes.
Anyway, enough of my trying to coax you into doing it.
Well, New Year is only 33 minutes from now. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone.

NicoFan
12-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Having a chat lounge for Mariano supporters is a most excellent idea!!! :woohoo:

Rosie. :hug: That was so good of you to rescue the cat!!!

Sjoukje - glad Rafa is eating and bouncing again. :) I was getting a little worried about him.

For those that already hit midnight - hope you had a great New Year's. :aparty:

I'm just getting ready to go out. See you all in 2006!!!

DhammaTiger
01-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Happy New year everyone. I always find it awkward to be the first to post. I didn't have much fun on new years eve,which is quite unusual. The vertigo that I told you about earlier dampened all the festivities for me. It's hard to party when one is feeling dizzy. Anyway, it was about time I stayed home and did some work on the tons of photos that are witing for me to edit. I trust and hope that all of you were partying all night- that makes me happy to know that my friends were having a good time.
Let us see what can I post to day? oh, yes I did a quiz online to determine whether i had more of a feminine or masculine brain. These are a series of tests that were designed by a British researcher Simon Baron-Cohen at Cambridge. His theory is that the female brain is hard wired for empathy, while the male brain is hard wired for building systems. you don't have to be male to have a predominantely male one and vice- versa.The tests are very interesting and if you do them it will give you an insight to why there are many rude and abusive posts on the boards. It has something to do with social interations according to Baron-Cohen. Anyway, I found it quite interesing what the results for me were. Just check the tests out if you like.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/news/page/0,12983,937443,00.html

*Ljubica*
01-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Sounds interesting Ali, and I will try them later. Completley off-topic, I am wondering whether Simon Baron-Cohen is related to the British comedian Sasha Baron-Cohen? I guess he must be somewhere - it is not a very common name!

Sorry you weren't feeling well last night :sad: And hope this vertigo will clear up completely soon. I had some friends round for the evening - it wasn't exciting (think I'm getting too old for very wild parties :p ) - but we had fun which is all that matters. Btw - I was really touched by your post saying such nice things about me last night :o But - really - there is nothing so much to admire - in fact my boyfriend says I can be "very difficult" sometimes :p I just happen to love animals, and am in the fortunate position to have the room in my house and the financial freedom - to do things for them. My late Mother was the same - guess I just inherited that side of her character.

DhammaTiger
01-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi Rosie, I am happy you had fun with your friends last night- just having a small group of friends around is what I like to. Thanks for your concern about my vertigo. According to the doctor it will clear up in a week or two or three. You know how docs are they can never be precise.... Anyway, it's annoying because I cant scuba dive as long as it's there, and that is making me sad because I have an invitation to go diving next week off Indonesia, Band Acheh- the place where that got hit worst by the Tsunami, last year- but I can't commit s I don't know if this awful dizziness will clear up by then or not. So, I guess I will just go back to Thailand and see my friends there.
I have a few days off next week as it's the Muslim festival of Haj, ( pilgrimage to Mecca) and everything shuts down here in Saudi Arabia for the duration.
Rosie, i really meant every word I aid about admiring you. In my estmation one doesn't have to be a celebrity to be admired, just normal people are usually the most admirable. Your mother and my late mother would have got along.She also used to bring stray cats, dogs, ad all kinds of animals home. I think myself ( we are sevn cildren) took inherited her kind heart. I have a picture of a cat nd a dog which I took in the grounds of 2 different manastries in Thailand, and I would like to send it to you. But first I have to post it on yahoo, which I shall do tonight. In Thailand, if you visit temples or public spaces you will find cats and dogs running around and no one mistreats them. The king of Thailand was given a stray dg s a pet, and then that dog became famous. Here I go ranting away. Oh, Simon Baron Cohen is Sasha's brother. I know that comedian as I always watch british comedy shows. Gos, I have been ranting on for such a long time I ought to shut up now.

*Ljubica*
01-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi Rosie, I am happy you had fun with your friends last night- just having a small group of friends around is what I like to. Thanks for your concern about my vertigo. According to the doctor it will clear up in a week or two or three. You know how docs are they can never be precise.... Anyway, it's annoying because I cant scuba dive as long as it's there, and that is making me sad because I have an invitation to go diving next week off Indonesia, Band Acheh- the place where that got hit worst by the Tsunami, last year- but I can't commit s I don't know if this awful dizziness will clear up by then or not. So, I guess I will just go back to Thailand and see my friends there.
I have a few days off next week as it's the Muslim festival of Haj, ( pilgrimage to Mecca) and everything shuts down here in Saudi Arabia for the duration.
Rosie, i really meant every word I aid about admiring you. In my estmation one doesn't have to be a celebrity to be admired, just normal people are usually the most admirable. Your mother and my late mother would have got along.She also used to bring stray cats, dogs, ad all kinds of animals home. I think myself ( we are sevn cildren) took inherited her kind heart. I have a picture of a cat nd a dog which I took in the grounds of 2 different manastries in Thailand, and I would like to send it to you. But first I have to post it on yahoo, which I shall do tonight. In Thailand, if you visit temples or public spaces you will find cats and dogs running around and no one mistreats them. The king of Thailand was given a stray dg s a pet, and then that dog became famous. Here I go ranting away. Oh, Simon Baron Cohen is Sasha's brother. I know that comedian as I always watch british comedy shows. Gos, I have been ranting on for such a long time I ought to shut up now.

Ali sweetie - you are not ranting - you're just chatting, and this is the Chat Thread after all :p Thanks for clearing up the Baron-Cohen thing. I'm not a particular fan of his - so I've never really bothered to read up about his famly or private life or whatever. It would be sad to miss your scuba diving trip - so - hopefully the vertigo will have cleared up by then. I guess it is some kind of infection in your ears as a result of the flu - that can cause bad dizziness. Will you still go to Band Acheh just for a holiday to see your friends even if you can't dive?

Yes - I know about Haj - as one of my closest colleagues at work is of Pakistani extraction and she tells me a lot about the Muslim festivals and other things relating to that religion - her husband actually once did the pilgrimage.

And - yes - I would love to see the photograph :)

NicoFan
01-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Hey everyone!

Hope you had a great New Year's!!

An idea - would anyone be interested in doing a chat next weekend on like MSN Messenger - just general start of the season chat, not specific players. I thought we could get people from the forums that are easy going - like here, Fernando's and Nico's, Nando V's, and people that you all think would be fun.

*Ljubica*
01-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey everyone!

Hope you had a great New Year's!!

An idea - would anyone be interested in doing a chat next weekend on like MSN Messenger - just general start of the season chat, not specific players. I thought we could get people from the forums that are easy going - like here, Fernando's and Nico's, Nando V's, and people that you all think would be fun.

Hi Lynn - it's a good idea but I couldn't do it because I don't have MSN on this PC :sad: The PC is used for work a lot because I sometimes work from home - and they have banned it for "security" reasons :rolleyes: Hope it goes well though.

NicoFan
01-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi Lynn - it's a good idea but I couldn't do it because I don't have MSN on this PC :sad: The PC is used for work a lot because I sometimes work from home - and they have banned it for "security" reasons :rolleyes: Hope it goes well though.

Oh, that is sad. It won't be the same without you. :sad:

Carlita
01-01-2006, 06:45 PM
:wavey: Hi everyone!!

Glad we're all back after New Year's Eve :lol: Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Ali:hug: hope you feel better soon:)

I just stayed at home and did some work on Verdasco Online. So my time was well used ;)

Lynn, you want all of us to chat in one msn window? :D Cool! We can always try :)

Okay, I'm going to start on the Verdasco Fan photos. Already got quite a few, so I have some "tagging" to do!!

Oh and my darling bunny Rafael has decided to start eating again:D so that's good news:D

Have a great day/evening :hug:

NicoFan
01-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Lynn, you want all of us to chat in one msn window? :D Cool! We can always try :)

Yeay, there you are Sjoukje! I was looking for you. Yeah, it would be cool to have a chat, don't you think? With the "nice" people. :lol: No GM people.

I just need to ask you how you do it with Nando's chicas. I never did an msn chat with a lot of people. I know that I need people's msn names. Do I need anything else? :confused:

DhammaTiger
01-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi Lynn, it would be really great to do the chat on MSN. Although, I have to download it first. JUst tell me when and I will be ready. At least, I will get to meet more people. Even if it's virtual. I love to meet people from all over the world. By the way Lynn how was your New Year? I hope you had lots of fun.Sjoukie, I am so happy that Rafael has decided to eat, and is doing regularly. That's wonderful!! When I was a kid, we had rabbits, I loved them.
Thanks everyone for the concern, I am sure I will be okay soon. The doctor wants me to take sudafedrine, but I hate the side effects so, I am resisting. I am sure the vertigo will vanish soon, meanwhile it's disrupting my lifestyle.As for going to Banda Aceh, I am still hoping I can. As you notice in my posts, I never give up hope.
First, i will meet my friends in Bangkok and then fly there. We are a diverse bunch, 3 Americans, 3 Thais, 2 Dutch, Malaysians, Aussies, French, Brits and me the lone mongrel ( just kidding, I am a Saudi, but I feel I don't belong anywhere particular considering I have lived and adapted to many countries and cultures that I have lived in).
Oh, Sjokje, I am so happy that Rafael is eating again, that's wonderful. I used to have a rabbit when I was a child. It was so fluffy, actually, it was my sister's and surprise, was called Bugsy.
Rosie, I too am not fond of Ali G. or his various other incarnations, but his brother seems a very serious boffin. yes, it would never be the same without you- the chat I mean. Now I have to go and eat. See you guys later.

Carlita
01-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Yeay, there you are Sjoukje! I was looking for you. Yeah, it would be cool to have a chat, don't you think? With the "nice" people. :lol: No GM people.

I just need to ask you how you do it with Nando's chicas. I never did an msn chat with a lot of people. I know that I need people's msn names. Do I need anything else? :confused:Well you don't really need the names. Let's say you and I are online....I can add people from my list and so can you :) And they can bring in people as well. But first we need to get online at the same time though :lol: ;)

NicoFan
01-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Well you don't really need the names. Let's say you and I are online....I can add people from my list and so can you :) And they can bring in people as well. But first we need to get online at the same time though :lol: ;)

:lol: Gracias! You know me and tech stuff - not very good at it. :sad: Tomorrow, I'll be hanging out at home cuz I have things to do on the computer so I'll put up msn messenger. Hopefully we can connect sometime during the day if you're around.

BTW Sjoukje - I finished your DVDs of the guys on No Strings and Center Court on The Tennis Channel - well almost just have Tommy R to put on in 1 hour. I got Feli, Carlos on both shows, Juan Carlos, and will get Tommy R. I'll send them to you next week.

Ali - would about this time be good for you where you are for chat? And I know what you mean about taking things for you vertigo. I have a lot of sinus problems, but the medication most times makes it worse - makes me feel weird. Most medications do. So I have to be really in a horrid way to take any medication for anything.

Carlita
01-01-2006, 08:08 PM
:lol: Gracias! You know me and tech stuff - not very good at it. :sad: Tomorrow, I'll be hanging out at home cuz I have things to do on the computer so I'll put up msn messenger. Hopefully we can connect sometime during the day if you're around.

BTW Sjoukje - I finished your DVDs of the guys on No Strings and Center Court on The Tennis Channel - well almost just have Tommy R to put on in 1 hour. I got Feli, Carlos on both shows, Juan Carlos, and will get Tommy R. I'll send them to you next week.

.:woohoo: ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh you know I love you don't you :hug:;)

:bounce: can't wait :D:D:D

I have to work tomorrow....but I'll be home all night so I might see you there then:) I thought you already had MSN on your computer?

NicoFan
01-01-2006, 08:17 PM
:woohoo: ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh you know I love you don't you :hug:;)

:bounce: can't wait :D:D:D

I have to work tomorrow....but I'll be home all night so I might see you there then:) I thought you already had MSN on your computer?

De nada. :o :hug:

Sounds good - and I do have MSN messenger on my computer. I just rarely connect to it because when I'm in school, people come on and say 'hi' and I would rather chat than work on school things. :lol: So better to just keep it off. But I'll connect to it tomorrow.

DhammaTiger
01-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Yes, tomorrow. this time is perfect for me. Which time zone ar you in , Eastern?

NicoFan
01-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Yes, tomorrow. this time is perfect for me. Which time zone ar you in , Eastern?

Actually the chat will be next Sunday. Sjoukje and I are just going to add names tomorrow so we can be set.

Yes, I'm in NY so its EST.

I was thinking 2:00 US CST/Mexico time, 3:00 US EST, 5:00 Argentina/Chile time, 8:00 UK time, and 9:00 Europe time. But just want to make sure those times are good for everyone before making a final decision. So once I hear from everyone, I'll put up the final info.

MariaV
01-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Happy New Year everyone! :hug: :hug:
I like doing sudoku puzzles, we have them in one of our paper. :D
I won't even start on the abandoned kittens and puppies, I need to go to sleep....
Glad to hear your Rafael is well Sjoukje! :hug:

DhammaTiger
01-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Yes anyday this time is perfect. I will download MSN and I will PM you my monicker. Looking forward to it. Is it snowing heavily in NYC? I remember ten years ago I spent part of January there and it was snowing all the time, or part of the time I was there.

DhammaTiger
01-01-2006, 08:32 PM
oh, the time we are is GMT +3 same as Moscow.

*Ljubica*
01-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Oh, that is sad. It won't be the same without you. :sad:

Thanks for saying that :hug: I would love to join in - but while work pay for all my security stuff and anti-virus etc - I have to play by their rules - and their rules say "no MSN" :devil: Have fun though.

DhammaTiger
01-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Maria, it's fabulous that you do su doku. Now I know another person on mtf who does. Did you try the site: www.sudoku.com?

*Ljubica*
01-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Morning all :wavey: Well today is a public holiday here and there is tennis on TV :) - yes real LIVE tennis - the first since last Season :bounce: Thanks Eurosport! So I will be enjoying that most of the afternoon, as it's pretty rare for me to be able to watch tennis in the middle of the day as I'm usually at work. I'll stop by here from time to time though - and can I just say "Come on Tim!" as my fellow-Brit Tim Henman plays Gasquet in Doha today.

Carlita
01-02-2006, 10:36 AM
:wavey: buenos dias :D

oooooooooooooooh Rosie, you're lucky to have another day off!! Gosh I spoke to a client a second ago....he made me go :fiery: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!! I wanna go home!!! :awww:

ooh and Eurosport! It must hurt them to show some tennis again :lol: Enjoy it.....before you know it we'll be back to WTA!!!!!!!

okay, coffee time :D

DhammaTiger
01-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Wow!! that's wonderful Rosie. you go ahead and enjoy the day and the tennis. Yes, I don't mind at all if you say, " c'mon Tim". Eurosport carrying Doha!!! great news for me as
I get Eurosport on satelite tv here also. Sjoukie don't worry about custommers they send me up the wall too!

DhammaTiger
01-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Totally unrelated to tennis but I am certain it will warm the heart of all cat lovers.
This news item appeared in The Guardian online today:
Cat Calls 911 to Help Owner, Police Say

Monday January 2, 2006 9:47 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Police aren't sure how else to explain it. But when an officer walked into an apartment Thursday night to answer a 911 call, an orange-and-tan striped cat was lying by a telephone on the living room floor. The cat's owner, Gary Rosheisen, was on the ground near his bed having fallen out of his wheelchair.

Rosheisen said his cat, Tommy, must have hit the right buttons to call 911.

``I know it sounds kind of weird,'' Officer Patrick Daugherty said, unsuccessfully searching for some other explanation.

Rosheisen said he couldn't get up because of pain from osteoporosis and ministrokes that disrupt his balance. He also wasn't wearing his medical-alert necklace and couldn't reach a cord above his pillow that alerts paramedics that he needs help.

Daugherty said police received a 911 call from Rosheisen's apartment, but there was no one on the phone. Police called back to make sure everything was OK, and when no one answered, they decided to check things out.

That's when Daugherty found Tommy next to the phone.

Rosheisen got the cat three years ago to help lower his blood pressure. He tried to train him to call 911, unsure if the training ever stuck.

The phone in the living room is always on the floor, and there are 12 small buttons - including a speed dial for 911 right above the button for the speaker phone.

``He's my hero,'' Rosheisen said.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5517368,00.html

*Ljubica*
01-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Totally unrelated to tennis but I am certain it will warm the heart of all cat lovers.
This news item appeared in The Guardian online today:
Cat Calls 911 to Help Owner, Police Say

Monday January 2, 2006 9:47 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Police aren't sure how else to explain it. But when an officer walked into an apartment Thursday night to answer a 911 call, an orange-and-tan striped cat was lying by a telephone on the living room floor. The cat's owner, Gary Rosheisen, was on the ground near his bed having fallen out of his wheelchair.

Rosheisen said his cat, Tommy, must have hit the right buttons to call 911.

``I know it sounds kind of weird,'' Officer Patrick Daugherty said, unsuccessfully searching for some other explanation.

Rosheisen said he couldn't get up because of pain from osteoporosis and ministrokes that disrupt his balance. He also wasn't wearing his medical-alert necklace and couldn't reach a cord above his pillow that alerts paramedics that he needs help.

Daugherty said police received a 911 call from Rosheisen's apartment, but there was no one on the phone. Police called back to make sure everything was OK, and when no one answered, they decided to check things out.

That's when Daugherty found Tommy next to the phone.

Rosheisen got the cat three years ago to help lower his blood pressure. He tried to train him to call 911, unsure if the training ever stuck.

The phone in the living room is always on the floor, and there are 12 small buttons - including a speed dial for 911 right above the button for the speaker phone.

``He's my hero,'' Rosheisen said.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5517368,00.html

Thanks for the lovely story Ali :hug: As the proud owner of two orange cats I would normally say that they're definately the cleverest and the best :) - but my newest baby Caspar is a grey tabby - so now I have to say that ALL cats are beautiful and clever or he might be offended :p

Sjoukje :hug: - sorry you're at work and dealing with horrid customers - I hate customers at the best of times :fiery: but on a Monday morning they are MUCH worse! How is Rafael by the way? Still doing well I hope.

And - yes, Eurosport are excelling themselves today :) Tim's match will be at 2.30pm British time - and before that, Tommy Haas. I'm not too keen on Haas to be honest, but a girlfriend of mine is a fan - so I'm taping it for her. I'm sure we'll be back to WTA very soon though :ras:

DhammaTiger
01-02-2006, 12:00 PM
i just checked the results from Adelaide Agustin lost to Berdych, but it was close. I know Rosie he is one one of your top favourites. He is on the top of my list too. Anyway, good try Agustin, next tournament I hope you make it. Speaking of orange cats, I took a picture of an orange and white cat in the grounds of a famous monastery in southern Thailand and I want to post it here but don't know how. Can anyone help?

*Ljubica*
01-02-2006, 12:08 PM
i just checked the results from Adelaide Agustin lost to Berdych, but it was close. I know Rosie he is one one of your top favourites. He is on the top of my list too. Anyway, good try Agustin, next tournament I hope you make it. Speaking of orange cats, I took a picture of an orange and white cat in the grounds of a famous monastery in southern Thailand and I want to post it here but don't know how. Can anyone help?

When you are typing a post, click on the "manage attachments" icon below the box where you type your message. If you then press "browse" you can find the photo you want to upload from your PC and click "upload" to add it to your post - then just "Submit Reply" as normal. The photo must be in one of the formats named as "valid file extensions" though, or it won't fit. Hope that helps.

Yes - my poor baby Agustin lost 4-6, 7-6(5), 4-6......so very close indeed :sad: . I was hoping for a win at the start of the season to boost his confidence, but hope he doesn't get too downhearted, and can do well in the doubles where he partners Chela. Juan Mónaco plays tonight, but he is not a hard court player at all so I don't realistically hold out much hope - just see it as some match practice for him.

Denaon
01-02-2006, 02:27 PM
:wavey: everyone!! I hope you all started this new year completely drunk and wildly!!!!!!!!! :banana: :rocker: I did!! ;)
:D
Carlita, thanks for giving us this chat area!!! :kiss:

*Ljubica*
01-02-2006, 05:23 PM
:wavey: everyone!! I hope you all started this new year completely drunk and wildly!!!!!!!!! :banana: :rocker: I did!! ;)
:D
Carlita, thanks for giving us this chat area!!! :kiss:

Hi Daniel :hug: I don't "do" drunk or wild (think I'm getting too old :o ) - but I had a great time anyway, Nice to see you back here :wavey:

And Tim won in Doha today :bigclap:

Denaon
01-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Yeah, congrats to him!! ;)

BTW I'm sending our messages later today :bounce:

*Ljubica*
01-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah, congrats to him!! ;)

BTW I'm sending our messages later today :bounce:

Good to hear :) Did you want me to send them to the ITF in London and the ATP too - or not?

Denaon
01-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Of course, do as you like, I believe many from us like the idea ;)

*Ljubica*
01-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Of course, do as you like, I believe many from us like the idea ;)

OK thanks :) Please let us know how you get on.

DhammaTiger
01-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Daniel great to see here again, mate. Rosie congrats for Tim's victory,although, I like Gasquet but Tim deserves the victory. I hate the brickbats thrown at him by the press in the UK when he doesn't. The way the press handle great players really infuriates me.

*Ljubica*
01-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Daniel great to see here again, mate. Rosie congrats for Tim's victory,although, I like Gasquet but Tim deserves the victory. I hate the brickbats thrown at him by the press in the UK when he doesn't. The way the press handle great players really infuriates me.

The British Press are notoriously bad at building people up and then dragging them down again - they are already starting on Andy Murray :rolleyes: I don't like the boy - but even so - it is so unfair.

Carlita
01-02-2006, 09:03 PM
:bounce: oooh exciting news to hear the messages are being send on :D I'm really curious to find out if "they" do something with them...or if we get any reaction

kali_puerta_fan
01-02-2006, 09:11 PM
yup, me 2!!!! can't wait to hear that they really had a positive result :yeah:

Denaon
01-03-2006, 03:21 AM
Ali, kali, carlita, Rosie, Maria and the rest :wavey:

Done guys :yeah:
I sent them by email, if we don't get any response, I'll send them on a letter, but I think we'll get some reaction.
One important thing, probably the messages will be reduced (too many characters). We have written an over 15,000 "message" to Mariano...but who knows :shrug:

Oh....btw I got my 3rd bad rep from federerthebest :yawn:

Carlita
01-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Ali, kali, carlita, Rosie, Maria and the rest :wavey:

Done guys :yeah:
I sent them by email, if we don't get any response, I'll send them on a letter, but I think we'll get some reaction.
One important thing, probably the messages will be reduced (too many characters). We have written an over 15,000 "message" to Mariano...but who knows :shrug:

Oh....btw I got my 3rd bad rep from federerthebest :yawn::hug: thanks Daniel!!

I got my fourth badrep btw..... enough is enough! :(
(love to send you a good one to undo this one...but I'm out of reps :awww: )

*Ljubica*
01-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Happy Good Reps handed out to the two of you to try and counteract the bad :hug: I posted my "Mesages" to ITF in London today - I somewhat doubt they will respond though :sad:

Thanks a million for doing that Daniel :hug:

MariaV
01-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks Daniel and Rosie! :hug: :hug:
Hope dies last as they say. At least we did something. :)

MariaV
01-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Oh yeah, and congrats on good ol' Tim's win Rosie! I guess he's used to handle the British (and other) press by now. :lol:

Carlita
01-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Thank you Rosie (and Mandoura and Peta) for undoing the silly badrep! :hug:

and thanks for sending the messages on as well! Maybe they won't react, but they will at least notice ;)

DhammaTiger
01-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Daniel, you are wonderful. I am sorry that you and sjoukje got a badrep from federerthebest , I also got one yesterday but I decided to ignore him.I think it is pretty childish what he is doing, but if that is what turns him on, so be it. If someone, has nothing better to do than spend all their time annoying others, who are just going about their normal life, IMO he is a deeply tormented person, and needs to look deeply into his own motives. Anyway, best is to get on with all our positive efforts in support of our favourites, especially Mariano.
Thanks Rosie for dropping it off at the ITF, even if they ignore it we would have made our point on the injustice they did to mariano.

*Ljubica*
01-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Daniel, you are wonderful. I am sorry that you and sjoukje got a badrep from federerthebest , I also got one yesterday but I decided to ignore him.I think it is pretty childish what he is doing, but if that is what turns him on, so be it. If someone, has nothing better to do than spend all their time annoying others, who are just going about their normal life, IMO he is a deeply tormented person, and needs to look deeply into his own motives. Anyway, best is to get on with all our positive efforts in support of our favourites, especially Mariano.
Thanks Rosie for dropping it off at the ITF, even if they ignore it we would have made our point on the injustice they did to mariano.

Agreed :worship:

DhammaTiger
01-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Daniel and Rosie, I tried to good rep you for all the good work you did but can't. I have to spread it out the message says before giving it to you again. Anyway, you know in my heart I mean to give you one. :hug:

*Ljubica*
01-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Daniel and Rosie, I tried to good rep you for all the good work you did but can't. I have to spread it out the message says before giving it to you again. Anyway, you know in my heart I mean to give you one. :hug:

And those are the best kind of Reps :)

Carlita
01-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks Rosie for dropping it off at the ITF, even if they ignore it we would have made our point on the injustice they did to mariano.Thank you too for the good rep Ali :hug:

federerthebest.... :rolleyes: well....... its just sad really.... I'm just hoping he'll stop now..... we KNOW how he feels about Mariano...and he's entitled to his own opinion..... but, then again, so are we..... this character has never heard of the word RESPECT!

NicoFan
01-03-2006, 04:32 PM
I better check - I probably got another bad rep from him too. :sad:

And thanks Rosie for dropping those off at the ITF - I love it!!! Wish I could watch them read our comments about unfair and unjust they are.

kali_puerta_fan
01-03-2006, 06:09 PM
How many messeges did we collect? I didn't understand...

Denaon
01-03-2006, 07:30 PM
I guess we've collected among 15 and 20 messages :yeah:

Carlita
01-03-2006, 08:39 PM
I better check - I probably got another bad rep from him too. :sad:

And thanks Rosie for dropping those off at the ITF - I love it!!! Wish I could watch them read our comments about unfair and unjust they are.:hug: don't worry about it.... if he's wise he'll stop now ;)

DhammaTiger
01-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Daniel that's wonderful, 15-20 messages is super considering we started collecting dab smack in middle of the holidays. Sjoukjie you are absolutely right if he is wise he will stop, but you know something I don't want to bet on it. He reminds me of a playground bully. I am sure you have come across that kind when you were kids, me I had a fair share of them, but that's another story. Right now, I am concentrating on what we are doing, and what we are doing is perfectly commendable, if I may say so myself. I know that supporting victims of injustice, in whatever walk of life, is a virtue of the highest order. Phew.. I said it all. Actually, I am so happy tonight, I played tennis after more than a month and a half with minimal pain from my tennis elbow and had a good score against my coach (2-6 I lost), the infernal vertigo is disapearing. So all in all I had a great day. How about you guys how was your day?

DhammaTiger
01-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Did you see this newsletter from the ITF in which they announced a new anti doping website? Here is the link to the newsletter:http://www.itftennis.com/abouttheitf/news/thisweek.asp?id=16123
and the website:http://www.itftennis.com/antidoping/
in my opinion they are carrying out a major PR campaign, which might not be bad in the light of the way the ATP handled things. I will just wait and see, but i have one question why does the invistigation takes months, like what happened in mariano and willy's case?

*Ljubica*
01-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Morning everyone :wavey: Ali - glad to see you're feeling better and enjoyed your tennis match.

Today - Tim plays Tommy Haas in Doha - and sorry if I offend any Tommy fans here but he is one of my most unfavourite players :devil: (if the word "unfavourite" actually exists!) So it's a very big "Come on Tim" from me today :p

DhammaTiger
01-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Rosie, I know what you mean when you say unfavourite. Let me say in Tommy's case, I share your sentiments too. As for the word, unfavourite, if it doesn't exist I must commend you for inventing it, it really sums up my feelings for a lot of things and people. So if you don't mind Rosie I will use it too. As an ardent anglophile, I think I am entitled to say C'mon Tim too!!

*Ljubica*
01-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Well correctly we should say "least favourite" - but you can use unfavourite with my pleasure :)

DhammaTiger
01-04-2006, 12:46 PM
I agree "unfavourite" is gramatically incorrect, but I find it so evocative of what you mean about some players. Something the word,"least favourite", doesn't quite manage to convey.

*Ljubica*
01-04-2006, 12:51 PM
I so do not believe British Eurosport are not showing Tim :banghead: Why do I have to watch live ski jumping instead, with live tennis coverage only starting for Federer's match :fiery:

DhammaTiger
01-04-2006, 12:57 PM
I know your feeling Rosie. Eurosport is infuriating at the best of times. Yikes.... Blake lost to Seppi! that is a strange result from Adelaide.

kali_puerta_fan
01-04-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm leaving now...I'm going away to spend some time at the mountain side. I hope I'll hear only positive reactions from the newspapers we've send the messages 2...Bye guys, and let's hope everything will turn out to be fine for our Mariano...Bye now! :yeah::yeah:

Carlita
01-04-2006, 01:08 PM
:wavey: hola a todos!

oooh I'm on Hasi's side today :lol: I put him on my team, and I need to beat people like Daniel and Michiel so he better win today ;)

I actually find Haas a rather nice chico!! :) I like the fact he cut his hair....:D He was looking a bit slick...

*Ljubica*
01-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm leaving now...I'm going away to spend some time at the mountain side. I hope I'll hear only positive reactions from the newspapers we've send the messages 2...Bye guys, and let's hope everything will turn out to be fine for our Mariano...Bye now! :yeah::yeah:

Bye kali :wavey: Have a lovely holiday and talk to you when you come back.

And Sjoukje - sorry to disagree- Haas is an arrogant ill-mannered *** :devil: in my opinion! I can't stand him! He is beating Tim too :bigcry:

Carlita
01-04-2006, 01:28 PM
And Sjoukje - sorry to disagree- Haas is an arrogant ill-mannered *** :devil: in my opinion! I can't stand him! He is beating Tim too :bigcry::lol: that's okay.... ooh hang on i could bad rep you for disliking Haas :rolleyes: or you bad rep me for liking him :haha:

Sounds like you feel about Haas the way I feel about :tape: :shout: Verkerk:fiery:.....
although I hope it 's not THAT bad......

auf gehts Tommy ;) (sorry...:o)

Kali :wavey: have a nice time !! :hug:

justClaudia
01-04-2006, 01:32 PM
:wavey: Hi all!

Kali, have a good time in the mountains. :kiss:

Can't believe Blake lost to Seppi - you're right Ali - that is one weird result.
Sorry Carlita :kiss: but I'm not a Haas girl either. :lol:

*Ljubica*
01-04-2006, 01:34 PM
:lol: that's okay.... ooh hang on i could bad rep you for disliking Haas :rolleyes: or you bad rep me for liking him :haha:

Sounds like you feel about Haas the way I feel about :tape: :shout: Verkerk:fiery:.....
although I hope it 's not THAT bad......

auf gehts Tommy ;) (sorry...:o)

Kali :wavey: have a nice time !! :hug:

Nah - I don't BadRep people for their choice of players - freedom of choice is a good thing :) I've disliked Haas since I saw him knock a little girl down (aged about 10) when she was waiting for his autograph at the Munich tournament once. It was daylight, he wasn't heading for a match, he hadn't just got beaten - he was just being rude - and the poor little soul cried so much I thought her little heart was going to break :tears: So - sorry- but I have to say "Come on Tim" :bounce:

DhammaTiger
01-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone. Kali have a great trip to the mountains. Sjoukie, I am afraid you are alone with Haas. I agree with Rosie's assessment, and the story of the little girl really horrified me. Anyway, everyone has their own opinion and it's good to have diverse views. For me diversity makes the world interesting.

Carlita
01-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Nah - I don't BadRep people for their choice of players - freedom of choice is a good thing :) I've disliked Haas since I saw him knock a little girl down (aged about 10) when she was waiting for his autograph at the Munich tournament once. It was daylight, he wasn't heading for a match, he hadn't just got beaten - he was just being rude - and the poor little soul cried so much I thought her little heart was going to break :tears: So - sorry- but I have to say "Come on Tim" :bounce:oooh i can imagine your dislike now! I think if I had seen that happen.....oooooooh I would have said or done something :shout: I have this with Feli Lopez..... not that he knocked the kids down....but he's not always nice to his fans.....:rolleyes:

MariaV
01-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Hi guys! :wavey: Oh that story with the little girl is so .... not nice. :( :( Poor girl.
I'm kinda indifferent to Haas. :shrug: But that definitely wasn't nice of him.
Kali, have a nice trip to the mountains. :wavey:
I wonder if I'll see Fed-Santoro on Eurosport International then. I better get home fast. :lol:
Oh, I can say "Come on Tim!" too. :bounce: He hasn't lost yet, so fight Tim! :bounce:

MariaV
01-04-2006, 02:17 PM
oooh i can imagine your dislike now! I think if I had seen that happen.....oooooooh I would have said or done something :shout: I have this with Feli Lopez..... not that he knocked the kids down....but he's not always nice to his fans.....:rolleyes:
LOL Sjouks, and Feli the Diva! :lol: I wish he would make more of his talent but well, OK. :tape:

Carlita
01-04-2006, 02:33 PM
LOL Sjouks, and Feli the Diva! :lol: I wish he would make more of his talent but well, OK. :tape:Diva! :haha: hahahahahaha!!! why do you think we call him La Lopez ;) Or sometimes even La HOpez :tape:

Haas won :o

*Ljubica*
01-04-2006, 02:42 PM
LOL Sjouks, and Feli the Diva! :lol: I wish he would make more of his talent but well, OK. :tape:

Sadly lots of people in high profile places (not just tennis players, but in football, music, acting etc) seem to think that their talent in their chosen profession gives them carte blanche to behave like a**holes :devil: I agree that some so-called "fans" are appaling in the way they invade players' privacy and give other fans a bad name - but these people shouldn't forget they are only human beings- nothing so special or better than anyone else. Well - that's my view anyway.

I have no views on Feli the Diva one way or another - he's not my fave but he's never done anything to upset me either ;) - but I guess we all see different sides to people depending on where/when/how we see them. Perhaps I go to far to many tournaments ;) but the nicest to fans that I have seen (in my humble opinion)........

Rainer Schuettler
Younes El Aynaoui
Ivo Karlovic
Jonas Bjorkman
David Ferrer
Kim Clijsters

Carlita
01-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Sadly lots of people in high profile places (not just tennis players, but in football, music, acting etc) seem to think that their talent in their chosen profession gives them carte blanche to behave like a**holes :devil: I agree that some so-called "fans" are appaling in the way they invade players' privacy and give other fans a bad name - but these people shouldn't forget they are only human beings- nothing so special or better than anyone else. Well - that's my view anyway.

I have no views on Feli the Diva one way or another - he's not my fave but he's never done anything to upset me either ;) - but I guess we all see different sides to people depending on where/when/how we see them. Perhaps I go to far to many tournaments ;) but the nicest to fans that I have seen (in my humble opinion)........

Rainer Schuettler
Younes El Aynaoui
Ivo Karlovic
Jonas Bjorkman
David Ferrer
Kim ClijstersWell, dear Feli couldn't be bothered to give 3 autographs.... to 3 little boys...in Barcelona.... I mean.....if you say that to adults....maybe, but not even then... they are your fans, they pay good money to see you play so one autograph wouldnt hurt you...but these were 3 kids!! COME OOOOOOOOOON! And it was not like he was being mobbed or anything... he was just walking from practicecourts to dressingrooms and he just didn't feel like it.... THREE kids.... for crying out loud :rolleyes: oh well.....

some of the nicest guys I met through the years are:

Fernando Verdasco
Carlos Moya
David Wheaton
Peter Nyborg
Patrick Rafter
Tommy Robredo
the Jensen brothers :lol:

the first four are the best :yeah: and sweetest:hug: in my opinion ;)

Carlita
01-04-2006, 02:57 PM
btw...my Charly is scaring me :awww: :sad:

I hope he's just playing bad and not that his shoulder is giving him troubles again :crying2:

MariaV
01-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Sorry about Tim's loss Rosie. :hug: :hug:
I read about Feli's behaviour in your report Sjoukje.
But come on, Marat's nice too as much as I've heard. LOL, not that I've ever seen him myself. At least everyone says he's great with kids, he loves kids, (even if they're running after him all the time ;) ) he can be rude I know but as far as I understand he only gets rude when people are rude to him or too obtrusive. He has said something like that himself too.

Carlita
01-04-2006, 03:12 PM
sure marat's nice too, but the guys i listed are ones i actually talked too more than once....;)

I love Marat too.... never talked to him though.... Marat is great with the kids!!! When he's not scaring them away by killing 3 rackets in 5 minutes for no reason whatsoever while on the practice courts....:haha: ;)

:banana: Charlyyyyyyyyy won the second set :D please cariño....cheer me up today....

MariaV
01-04-2006, 03:15 PM
btw...my Charly is scaring me :awww: :sad:

I hope he's just playing bad and not that his shoulder is giving him troubles again :crying2:

I so hope it's not the shoulder. :(
See, he just needed some time to get his old body goin' again. ;)

*Ljubica*
01-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Yes - I should have put Marat in my "nice" list :angel: I remember at Hamburg a couple of years ago - it was raining and hd he had just lost - and as he left the Players' Lounge - this little boy ran over to him. So he signed his autograph - and within 30 seconds about 10 other little kids ran over with cameras and autograph books! And Marat stood there in the pouring rain and signed every single one - what a sweetie :hug: I remember him walking down the queue at Wimbledon once too and he was soooo nice :)

As for Tim - ah well - he fought - he tried his best - can't say anymore.

And dare I ask how is poor Carlos? :sad:

Carlita
01-04-2006, 04:19 PM
:banana: Carlos won :D pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff 3-6 6-3 6-4 :banana:

typical Charly....who do things easy when you can do them the hard way.... it's good being a Moya fan :scared: ;)

Denaon
01-04-2006, 04:31 PM
:wavey: HI everyone!!!
Kali, I hope you enjoy your trip to the mountains!!!!! I would love to join you :hearts:
Take care and have fun!!

*Ljubica*
01-04-2006, 05:19 PM
:banana: Carlos won :D pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff 3-6 6-3 6-4 :banana:

typical Charly....who do things easy when you can do them the hard way.... it's good being a Moya fan :scared: ;)
Congrats to Carlos and all his loyal ladies :bounce:

MariaV
01-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Yes - I should have put Marat in my "nice" list :angel: I remember at Hamburg a couple of years ago - it was raining and hd he had just lost - and as he left the Players' Lounge - this little boy ran over to him. So he signed his autograph - and within 30 seconds about 10 other little kids ran over with cameras and autograph books! And Marat stood there in the pouring rain and signed every single one - what a sweetie :hug: I remember him walking down the queue at Wimbledon once too and he was soooo nice :)

As for Tim - ah well - he fought - he tried his best - can't say anymore.

And dare I ask how is poor Carlos? :sad:
You told this story from Hamburg 2004 in Marat forum here I guess or I read about it on tgfr.com. He can be so sweet if he wants. ;)

I hope all Marat, Tim and Carlos with their chronic woes can get through the season 'more or less injury-free' (let's say).

DhammaTiger
01-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Sjoukjie congrats for charly's victory. I know the feeling being an ardent charly fan. I am just watching Monfils play Moodie. Monfils just won the tie break after leading the set 5-2, but these things happen in tennis, and I was having dinner at that time so can't say whether monfils blew it or moodie rallyed and played well. Doha is less than 2 hours flight from me on the other side of the Arabian Peninsula, every year I say I will go but never push myself to do it. It's funny with me when things are in my neighbourhood I never make the effort. In my limited experience with Tennis players, I must say Willy Canas is fabulous with fans and kids. I also saw Karlovic being fab with fans. So was Rafa, I saw all of them at Stuttgart 2004. rosie sorry about Tim's loss better luck next time.

DhammaTiger
01-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Oh by the way, regarding behaviour of sports people in public places. I was terribly impressed by the Chelsea footballer Didier Drogba. Three weeks ago, he and I shared a flight to Paris from London, in fact he was sitting right next to me. The flight was absolutely full and he was having a hard time finding a place to store his carry-on bag, but he was very patient and extremely polite to the cabin crew. I didn't know who was until the flight attendant came up to him and told him that the captain as a special favourwould place his bag in the cockpit. Then I thought to myself that he must be important to warrant this favour. Then one of the other passengers asked him if he could sign some cards for her, and he was more than obliging, although, he looked as if he wanted to sleep. Not being a footbal fan I hadn't a clue he was but the lady who had asked him for the autographs mentioned something about her kids being chelsea fans. He was a thorough gentleman and signed all the cards for her- they were certainly more than three. That got my curiosity, so, when I got to Paris, I looked up all the Chelsea players and there was my seat mate. Having gone through the chelsea website I now know that he is one of their hot shots. As for me I must say he taught me a lesson in patience, which i will never forget. I am sorrry that he is not a tennis player but I do think he won me over as a fan. I apologise for the long winded story.
Oh Gael just won 6-4 in the second set.

*Ljubica*
01-04-2006, 08:14 PM
You told this story from Hamburg 2004 in Marat forum here I guess or I read about it on tgfr.com. He can be so sweet if he wants. ;)

I hope all Marat, Tim and Carlos with their chronic woes can get through the season 'more or less injury-free' (let's say).

Did I? LOL Must be getting old if I am repeating myself!!!! :p He was sweet though - and, Ali, - thanks for sharing your story about Didier - sounds like a nice guy and good to hear that fame hasn't affected him badly.

MariaV
01-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Oh Rosie, there's nothing wrong repeating the story. :D :D I could read stories about Marat all the time. :lol:
And really nice story about Drogba, not long at all. :)

*Ljubica*
01-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Oh Rosie, there's nothing wrong repeating the story. :D :D I could read stories about Marat all the time. :lol:
And really nice story about Drogba, not long at all. :)
Yes - he's one of the stars is our Marat :) Do you have any news about whether he'll be able to play AO or not? It won't be the same without him :sad:

MariaV
01-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Ahh, we were just discussing the issue over at Marat's forum. I doubt very much that he'll be able to play at the AO. At his official site they said he'll do everything he can to be ready to play. He's been working in Valencia with Peter Lundgren but... He'd hardly do well without any match practice anyway. And we still have no clue how the knee REALLY is. :(
I hope at least baby Rafa will be there and doing well.

*Ljubica*
01-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Ahh, we were just discussing the issue over at Marat's forum. I doubt very much that he'll be able to play at the AO. At his official site they said he'll do everything he can to be ready to play. He's been working in Valencia with Peter Lundgren but... He'd hardly do well without any match practice anyway. And we still have no clue how the knee REALLY is. :(
I hope at least baby Rafa will be there and doing well.

That's so sad about Marat - he adds his own "sparkle" to a tournament just by being there I think :sad: I agree about Rafa - although he will be in the same position as Marat having had no match practice. It's such a shame - a new season starting and all these damned injuries upsetting things already :sad:

DhammaTiger
01-05-2006, 10:40 AM
I agree a tournament without Marat is kind of lacklustre, especially a grand sla,. I just hope the Boy wonder Rafa is in good physical shape to play, if he is also missing and no Willy and mariano, I won't have any one to cheer for at AO. Sjokijie, I watched Carlos and Gimelstob match and I must say good old Carlos is in fine form. His passing shots were simply fabulous. He is so calm even under tremendous ressure in the 1st set. As for his serve, it's back. I think on second thought I am going to cheer for him t the AO.

DhammaTiger
01-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi sjoukijie and Maria tmuchas gracias for the good rep. I see Carlos is in the 1/4 round and I hope EUrosport covers it. Today Paradorn, one of my top favs is playing Gicquel. If you don't mind I will say good luck to him in Thai. Chook dii na khun Paradorn, ( good luck Mr Paradorn).

DhammaTiger
01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Here are my pictures I took in Thailand of monastery dog and cat to share with my friends.http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/cat.jpg

justClaudia
01-05-2006, 11:48 AM
:rolls: at Feli The Diva!
Actually about Feliciano, he used to be nice - I remember when he was still dating Maria Antonia Sanchez Lorenzo, they both came to Estoril - and he was really very nice. Maybe that all, was for the flashes, and they were a lot. :lol:

But in Tennis, atp or wta - to me Kim is the nicest person ever.
She is an angel, I don't follow Wta much - but follow her carrer, and she deserves every victory.

*Ljubica*
01-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Ali - thanks for sharing the lovely photos :hug: And of course we don't mind you wishing luck to Paradorn - he is one of the good guys!!

As for AO - well - you can always join me cheering for Juan Mónaco and Agustin Calleri- they will both probably go in the 1st round :rolleyes: but hope springs eternal as they say!! And there's always gorgeous Gastón :inlove:

And Claudia - I'm with you 100% over Kim - and I also follow her career even though I'm not a WTA fan. Whenever I've seen her she is always polite, cheerful, well-mannered, friendly, approachable - and absolutely delightful in every way - she doesn't seem to have a "side" to her at all. I really hope she can win another Slam this year - and wish her loads of luck with her new man Brian (seems a lot nicer than Lleyton in my opinion :devil: )

As for Carlos - good luck to him :) We don't have much tennis on Eurosport today or tomorrow thanks to the infernal ski jumping they inflict upon us :rolleyes: But will be cheering him on anyway!

DhammaTiger
01-05-2006, 12:16 PM
I agree Kim is so nice, and I am so happy for her that last season turned out to be very good; but I like Justine's style of play more. But my real favourite among women,Martina Hingis is back and I am so happy she is winning. Claudia , I am like you I don't watch WTA much but sort of cheer my favs from the side. Another weird result from Adelaide Hewitt lost to Kohlschreiber, now that result is so strange.... But as my tennis coach says, " your opponent also has a racket so never underestimate him."

*Ljubica*
01-05-2006, 12:19 PM
I agree Kim is so nice, and I am so happy for her that last season turned out to be very good; but I like Justine's style of play more. But my real favourite among women,Martina Hingis is back and I am so happy she is winning. Claudia , I am like you I don't watch WTA much but sort of cheer my favs from the side. Another weird result from Adelaide Hewitt lost to Kohlschreiber, now that result is so strange.... But as my tennis coach says, " your opponent also has a racket so never underestimate him."

Hewitt lost :eek: I didn't know that! But I guess it is his first tournament back after a long break - he'll be lacking match practice, - and I think he always finds it really hard to play at home with the added pressure on him. First few weeks of the season always bring strange results anyway.

DhammaTiger
01-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Rosie, how can I forget Juan, Agustin, and Gato. Of course, I will cheer for them as loudly as I can. I hope they will make it to the 3rd round and beyond if possible. Do you remember that hotly contested match between Willy and Agustin at the A>O a couple of years ago? I am sure Agustin will give us a lotto cheer bout. peaking of nice guys on the men's tour I really miss Alex Corretja.

*Ljubica*
01-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Rosie, how can I forget Juan, Agustin, and Gato. Of course, I will cheer for them as loudly as I can. I hope they will make it to the 3rd round and beyond if possible. Do you remember that hotly contested match between Willy and Agustin at the A>O a couple of years ago? I am sure Agustin will give us a lotto cheer bout. peaking of nice guys on the men's tour I really miss Alex Corretja.

Oh yes - Alex was a lovely man - a real "gentleman" - I miss him too :sad:

DhammaTiger
01-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Oh, i am getting really batty in my old age. There is a whole list of favourites to support and cheer at the A.O.( nt only Rafa and marat); Here are few of them: Guga,Gonzo and Nico, on the top of the list. Robredo, Monfils and Gasquet and dare I forget Paradorn. I am really getting forgetful. So, to be on the saeside I will cheer whoever the mariano fans cheer.That way, i cannot go wrong and inevitably they turn out to be my favourites too.

justClaudia
01-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Rosie, I agree with you - Brian seems way better then Lleyton.:angel:
She was so sweet, to everyone when she won USO last year - hope she can do it again this year.
Oh and since this is WTA we're talking - Elena D. is a wonderfull girl as well.

David and Gaston - I love them to death! - but they are not always thaaaaat nice.
I guess we all have bad days - I do, a lot of them actually. :lol:

justClaudia
01-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Guga of course! :bounce: He's great.

Alex Corretja, miss him too.
And Pat Rafter, I loved him.

*Ljubica*
01-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Ah well - seems like the only match good old Eurosport will show today is Haas v Youzhny - so as I'm working from home this week and due a lunchbreak I am going to disappear and watch it properly for an hour. Talk to you all later :wavey: ............ and DAVAI MISHA (sorry Sjoukje - but I simply cannot cheer for Haas :devil: )

justClaudia
01-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Eurosport... :devil:

Later Rosie. :wavey:

MariaV
01-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Hello ladies! :wavey:
Lovely photos Ali! :hearts:
Misha is not my fave Russian, I kinda like Igor and Kolya more maybe but they're a great team with Marat and I hope they'll win the DC one more time before Marat retires. Marat said to win the DC again was in his plans for 2006.
I'll be watching the AO as much as I can and enjoy the tennis anyway. I won't list all my faves here but I'll definitely cheer for Agustin and Carlos. If Carlos is really in such a great shape as you tell who knows how far he can go again. :D

*Ljubica*
01-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Eurosport... :devil:

Later Rosie. :wavey:

Actually Eurosport are my friends after all at the moment :p Just discovered that Eurosport2 are showing Federer v Baghdatis followed by Gael Monfils - so there goes my work for the rest of the day. I really like Marcos by the way :)

Hi Maria :wavey: And poor Misha :sad:

Carlita
01-05-2006, 03:11 PM
(sorry Sjoukje - but I simply cannot cheer for Haas :devil: )that's okay :lol: he's not my top favourite I don't really care.... hahaha only a little bit now...because i'm playing this tennisgame and he's on my team ;) will you cheer for Carlos maybe? :angel:

ES doesn't show Madras :sad: :hysteric: I wanna see my babyyyyyyyyyyyy :crying2: oh well, as long as he wins, that's the most important thing for now. (oh and his shoulder behaving nicely thank you:worship: )

Nice pics Ali :yeah:

MariaV
01-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Baghdatis is an absolute JOY to watch!!!!!!!!! :D :D

*Ljubica*
01-05-2006, 03:26 PM
that's okay :lol: he's not my top favourite I don't really care.... hahaha only a little bit now...because i'm playing this tennisgame and he's on my team ;) will you cheer for Carlos maybe? :angel:

ES doesn't show Madras :sad: :hysteric: I wanna see my babyyyyyyyyyyyy :crying2: oh well, as long as he wins, that's the most important thing for now. (oh and his shoulder behaving nicely thank you:worship: )

Nice pics Ali :yeah:

I cheer for Carlos nearly all the time (unless he's playing Calleri, Mónaco, Mariano or Gaudio :p ), so that is a lot of cheering ;) Carlos is gorgeous :)

Carlita
01-05-2006, 03:31 PM
I cheer for Carlos nearly all the time (unless he's playing Calleri, Mónaco, Mariano or Gaudio :p ), so that is a lot of cheering ;) Carlos is gorgeous :):worship: thank you Rosie :hug:

*Ljubica*
01-05-2006, 04:01 PM
:worship: thank you Rosie :hug:
See Eurosport are showing Chennai at the weekend, so you'll be able to see him then :)

Carlita
01-05-2006, 04:08 PM
See Eurosport are showing Chennai at the weekend, so you'll be able to see him then :):eek: really? I hope it's ES one!! We don't have 2 anymore :sad:

oooooooooooh and your ES is different to ours.............. :awww: so I won't hold my breath just yet ;)

*Ljubica*
01-05-2006, 04:36 PM
:eek: really? I hope it's ES one!! We don't have 2 anymore :sad:

oooooooooooh and your ES is different to ours.............. :awww: so I won't hold my breath just yet ;)

It is on ES2 :sad: sorry - that's probably not what you want to hear :sad:

Carlita
01-05-2006, 05:12 PM
It is on ES2 :sad: sorry - that's probably not what you want to hear :sad::hug: don't worry about it ;) I wasn't counting on seeing any Madras tennis this week anyway. Besides....Charly has to get to the semis first.... :unsure: I'm sure I'll be a mess tomorrow......

*Ljubica*
01-05-2006, 08:52 PM
:hug: don't worry about it ;) I wasn't counting on seeing any Madras tennis this week anyway. Besides....Charly has to get to the semis first.... :unsure: I'm sure I'll be a mess tomorrow......

Have faith :hug: They are actually showing the Ljubicic match from Chennai now - quite a treat as I wasn't expecting tennis tonight.

DhammaTiger
01-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the compliment on my pictures. I am actually making an album of my photos from my travels and scubadiving, when I finish it, I will put it online. Perhaps if I am allowed to be a little vain, I will post the link here.
I get French eurosport in addition to the British one, is that the same what you get Sjoukjie? Well, if it is they will be showing Carlos' match on friday, and it should not be too difficult for Carlos as he is pl\aying Phau. By the way, the whole chennai people were rooting for him, so i gathered when he played gimelstob. I like Marcos too, I was cheering for him this afternoon. yippee, Paradorn, made it to the quarters, I am hoping for a carlos paradorn final. That seems to be the annual fixture at Chennai. Monfils won in Doha, so that's good news for me too. I like Gael he seems to behave nicely.

Carlita
01-05-2006, 11:10 PM
hmmm our Eurosport shows Doha... Eurosport 2 shows Chennai as well.... (why did they take that one away from us :awww: )

oh and I finally want to watch Pennetta - Hingis.... no WTA on ES! I mean...what's happening people? :lol:

Look forward to seeing more pics Ali!! :D

Been putting all Verdasco's results from 1999-2005 in Dreamweaver to be put on the website..... i've had it now! :lol: but it's all there, ready to be uploaded ;)

:yawn: but I'm tired now.... so better :zzz:

:hug: night all:wavey:

NicoFan
01-06-2006, 02:25 AM
Ali - love the pictures!! So cute!

And have fun at the Oz Open!! I heard that its an awesome tournament. You'll have fun rooting for all the guys on your list...but especially Nico. ;) Well, if he's in a bad mood, it won't be so much fun....lots of yelling and racquet throwing then. :lol:

I wish we got Chennai on TV. :sad: We have Hopman Cup. Which is good, but I would rather have Chennai.

*Ljubica*
01-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Ali - love the pictures!! So cute!

And have fun at the Oz Open!! I heard that its an awesome tournament. You'll have fun rooting for all the guys on your list...but especially Nico. ;) Well, if he's in a bad mood, it won't be so much fun....lots of yelling and racquet throwing then. :lol:

I wish we got Chennai on TV. :sad: We have Hopman Cup. Which is good, but I would rather have Chennai.

Well in theory we're supposed to have all 3 (Hopman, Chennai and Doha) - which is a shame as I wanted to see Adelaide where Calleri and Mónaco were playing :p Never satisfied - that's me :devil: Most of the time Eurosport seem to be overrunning with their damned Winter Sports though - sorry - but ski jumping and ski walking (or whatever it is) do nothing for me :devil:

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks Lynn for the compliments. If I stay home, I will be watching oz open live even though it is way past my bed time when it's on, but i get to tape some matches and watch them later . However, I am going to Thailand and I don't know if the cable system in the hotel will be tuned to tennis, I am sure they will show paradorn's matches though. I just hope I get to watch my really favs the Latin Americans. As for Nico's matches, I will be biting my nails I know. He always does that to me. On my trip, I am really looking forward to this trip as I will be meeting my good friend Jonathan, he is an American writer based in the Philippines and we will be going around looking at old temples. I am sure I will be taking more photos, then I will be too lazy to edit them and they will languish on my pc's hard disk. such is life one is never satisfied.

NicoFan
01-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks Lynn for the compliments. If I stay home, I will be watching oz open live even though it is way past my bed time when it's on, but i get to tape some matches and watch them later . However, I am going to Thailand and I don't know if the cable system in the hotel will be tuned to tennis, I am sure they will show paradorn's matches though. I just hope I get to watch my really favs the Latin Americans. As for Nico's matches, I will be biting my nails I know. He always does that to me. On my trip, I am really looking forward to this trip as I will be meeting my good friend Jonathan, he is an American writer based in the Philippines and we will be going around looking at old temples. I am sure I will be taking more photos, then I will be too lazy to edit them and they will languish on my pc's hard disk. such is life one is never satisfied.

Oops sorry...thought you were going to the Oz Open. But definitely you'll get to see Paradorn's matches if the hotel has tennis.

You sound like you have fun traveling around. Lucky you. Me, I just seem to stay here in NYC all the time. :lol: One of these days hopefully I can travel a lot too.

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 01:20 PM
NYC is nice I stayed there for a month ten years ago. As for traveling I really enjoy it, and I get to I meet a lot of very interesting people. I hope one day you will get to fulfill your dream and travel too. This year I am planning to go to RG.How I wish I could go to the OZ open now, but it always falls at the time when I do my major trip in s.e.asia ( the weather is best this time of the year), i heard it's very nice. I Love and enjoy meeting people all over the worl. In Stuttgart 2004, I was taking pictures of Zabaleta and Gaudio, and this nice youg woman came up to me and thought I was argentinian, because I was only photographing the Argentinian players- nico and gonzo were busy preparing for the olympics i think, so they hadn't joined. She wanted me to take photos of franco davin as her mum adored him. it turned out that julia was half argentinian half french and a student at strasbourg university. She found out that Willy Canas was my favourite in that tournament, so, she kidnapped one of his practice balls for me. I still have it, and she and I chat regularly. now she is going to move to mallorca and promised to get me something from rafa. It's such a long story I think you must be bored.

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 01:26 PM
oops paradorn lost to vliegen, 1 and 2. drat, there goes my fantasy of a repeat final with carlos.

Denaon
01-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Ali, even though I haven't posted much lately here..:o I've been captured by the MV Game thread :o... I've been pretty much of a lurker......:eek:
You can never bore us, you're an amazing guy who has lots of stories to tell :yeah:

NicoFan
01-06-2006, 01:52 PM
NYC is nice I stayed there for a month ten years ago. As for traveling I really enjoy it, and I get to I meet a lot of very interesting people. I hope one day you will get to fulfill your dream and travel too. This year I am planning to go to RG.How I wish I could go to the OZ open now, but it always falls at the time when I do my major trip in s.e.asia ( the weather is best this time of the year), i heard it's very nice. I Love and enjoy meeting people all over the worl. In Stuttgart 2004, I was taking pictures of Zabaleta and Gaudio, and this nice youg woman came up to me and thought I was argentinian, because I was only photographing the Argentinian players- nico and gonzo were busy preparing for the olympics i think, so they hadn't joined. She wanted me to take photos of franco davin as her mum adored him. it turned out that julia was half argentinian half french and a student at strasbourg university. She found out that Willy Canas was my favourite in that tournament, so, she kidnapped one of his practice balls for me. I still have it, and she and I chat regularly. now she is going to move to mallorca and promised to get me something from rafa. It's such a long story I think you must be bored.

I would love to go to RG. That is one of my dream tournaments too.

People think that I'm from Chile because I root for Nico and Fernando, and I have an Argentina shirt that I wore once to the US Open and I got stopped about 5 times from Argentines speaking spanish to me and of course I had no clue what they were saying so I never wore it again. :lol:

Lucky you having one of Willy's practice balls! :woohoo:

A ballkid gave me one of Feli's this year at the US Open, but I sent it to fellow Nico fan - she wanted me to get an autograph from Nico but I hate asking players for autographs and I could tell by the end of the week that he was tired of people pouncing all over him for autographs and pictures even though he was still smiling and doing it, so I felt bad and she likes Feli too so I figured that might make up for no Nico autograph. I think it did. :lol:

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 01:54 PM
I don't know if you will like these 2 pics.one i took in northern thailand of a sunset on the banks of the mekong river, the other is of a thresher shark i took off the philippines. I thought You might enjoy them. Thanks to Rosie, I got hang off posting pics here, but tell me if you want me to stop. :D

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks Daniel, I am happy that I didn't bore you, but there is a fine line between interesting and boring, i just hope I never cross that line. Speaking of autographs did I tell you Willy signed my hat? but I am sure he did because this woman who knows him introduced us. Otherwise, I am sure he would find it weird to be asked by a 50+ year old man I am too shy to dare ask. However,I don't go to tennis tournaments much but this year I penciled in RG, and if I can one in north America. Hope I can do it.

NicoFan
01-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Those are great picture dtiger!!!! That sky is awesome to look at.

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Sorry Daniel, it was rude of me not to say welcome back. How is the MV game? thread must wander there sometimes. By the way, any reaction from the papers on our support for mariano?

Denaon
01-06-2006, 02:16 PM
:lol: I don't think he would find that weird, anyhow you're so lucky to have his autograph on your hat!!
I've seen him once but I could not talk to him cause I was leaving the place and he was coming in. It was in a dancing club in Buenos Aires ...and let me tell you he looks way much handsome on person :)

Denaon
01-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Two things

1) dancing club=night club...you know what I meant :lol:

2) About Mariano's letter there's been no reaction at all....which is very disappointing.....I dunno what to do :shrug:

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 02:24 PM
You are absolutely right he does look much better in person. by the way, i put a link for an album I did with his pics from stuttgart 2004, in the willy canas forum. Oh I remember my funny experience at that tournament. when this german woman thought i was willy's father. but I don't know if i should post it here, as this is mariano's forum. It's so funny that story.

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 02:34 PM
I got that night club=dancing club,thanks for the clarification :yeah: Daniel, anyway you did a super job, :smooch: and all of us,we have done something absolutely wonderful, in my opinion, and if it falls on deaf ears we have nothing to be ashamed off. newspapers are like that they love flavours of the moment. they get bored too quickly and don't follow up on stories as the should :mad:

Denaon
01-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Ali, go ahead tell us that story...it doesn't really matter if this is not Willy's forum....
About the newspapers, I dunno, I think that they might have felt that an 85% english written message was not a good idea to publish......
I wonder what the Buenos Aires Herald would do.........:scratch: I think I'll send them the message too!

*Ljubica*
01-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Wow - you guys have been busy in my absence! Ali - love the photos - and you could never be boring :) Daniel - maybe the Buenos Aires Herald would be a good idea - thanks for trying with this anyway.

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Maybe, I am too hard on the newspapers.Lets try the B.A Herald if you think it's okay, we have nothing to lose.
Anyway here is the story, I was watching Willy's match vs Florian Mayer, I think that was 2nd rd, anyway the whole of centre court was rooting for Mayer, except a few brave die hard willy fans scattered all over the stadium. My friend Helga, who runs his unofficial website was exactly at the opposite end from me, across on the other side of the stadium. There were also the tiny but determined local canas supporters holding banners and Argentine flags. Here I was all by myself surrounded by mayer supporters and I was sitting right in the front row. At best of times I am very nervous when i watch a friend or a player i really care about, and when that person is having a hard time, i really die many times and get resurrected again. I think you know what i mean. The match was very tough, and Willy started slowly, as usual. I was also aware that I didn't want to offend anyone by being too vocal, so here I was shouting "'vamos willy" in a nervous squeaky voice. Sometimes, I was covering my eyes, I do that all the time watch a match on tv. It went on like that me utterly nervous surrounded by mayer supporters. It was way into the third set and Mayer was fighting for every point and I was dying of nervousness squuezing my scarf. Out of sheer nervousness couldn't take any pictures. Suddenly, I get a tap on my shoulder,during a changeover, I thought i have over done it i must have offended somebody. I turn and it's one of 2 elderly women sitting behind me. She asks me in English,"" Excuse me.... do you mind if I ask you, are you Canas's father?" " We notice that you are so nervous and very unhappy when he loses a point, so we think you must be related to him.. perhaps you are his father". In all my life I have been mistaken for everything but never anyone's father. So I told them politely, no I wasn't but just a fan. So they asked me if I was Argentinian and a close friend of his.. and I said no none of the above. They looked very disappointed, and said the way i was behaving they were certain if i wasn't canas's father i must be a relative or very close friend. After thinking I was going to be thrown out i was relieved that my behaviour only led me to be mistaken for his dad.
Anyway, he went on to win the match and the tournament. Too bad i couldn't see the final as I had to leave for london the next day.

*Ljubica*
01-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Lovely story Ali :) I used to be really stressed and nervous at matches like you - but I am much better now! A friend of mine who is a coach said he wouldn't let me sit with him unless I "behaved" - so I'm VERY quiet at matches now :p

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Rosie, I am glad I found a kindred soul in you, and like youI must go to more live matches to get trained and behave properly. Even at home, when i watch a favourite, I am so nervous and my poor sister who I live with and is a tennis fan herself gets the brunt of my grumpiness. Good news for sjoukjie, Carlos won but after dropping the second set. He is so cool. Vamos Carlos!

*Ljubica*
01-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Rosie, I am glad I found a kindred soul in you, and like youI must go to more live matches to get trained and behave properly. Even at home, when i watch a favourite, I am so nervous and my poor sister who I live with and is a tennis fan herself gets the brunt of my grumpiness. Good news for sjoukjie, Carlos won but after dropping the second set. He is so cool. Vamos Carlos!

At home I am better because if things get too stressful you can always go outside/make a cup of tea or whatever! As for Carlos :bounce: Well done - and :hug: to Sjoukje!

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Those are great picture dtiger!!!! That sky is awesome to look at.
Thanks Lynn, I am so happy you like it. I was lucky, I got to that spot just in time to take the picture. In the tropics the sun sets very quickly and they don't have long twilights, so i was very lucky, a few later and I would miss it. On one side of the river is Thailand and on the other is Laos, seperated by the river. The picture was taken from Thailand. If anyone is old enough to remember the Vietnam war you would have heard of the Mekong river. The river is really awesome and has many stories and legends connected with it.

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 03:42 PM
While I am in the mood here is a pictur of a very interesting elderly peanut vendor i met in a town in North east Thailand also on the bank of the mekong. Please notice her clothes. Don't you think the way she ties her scarf indicates that she has a story to tell?

Denaon
01-06-2006, 03:58 PM
I loved the story too!! Ali, you should definitely start a thread for your own, you're an awesome story teller!!!! :worship:
And I agree with you, that woman must be living history :D

about the BA Herald, I'll do it as soon as I get my place :)

DhammaTiger
01-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Start a thread? Daniel, you must be kidding. I appreciate your positive feedbacks, and I am flattered that people find my stories interesting. :) You are my friends and that's why i shared my stories with you here. But if I start a thread, others will think I am a poseur. However, your positive feedback has encouraged me to start a blog of my travels, perhaps in the blog section here and then i can post my photos. I will seriously consider that. Yes, that woman does have a story but I shall reserve it for my blog. Ljubicic won :devil: After what he said about Mariano :mad: he is definitely in the bottom of my pile of ATP players.

Carlita
01-06-2006, 10:10 PM
:wavey: Ali, you should start a blog!! It would be a great one too!!! And of course you can always tell us your stories! It's a chat thread after all and we love to read them :D

the blog would be great too..I have one...post all sorts of things in it, including pics... give it a try! ;)

justClaudia
01-06-2006, 10:19 PM
:wavey: G'night everyone. :hug:

Ali, love to read your posts - you could never be boring..nah. ;)

Miss Carlita, here's a dancing :banana: for Carlitos! Way to go!

Carlita
01-06-2006, 11:04 PM
:hug: thanks!! I hope he can win tomorrow :unsure:

vamooooooos Charly :bounce:

justClaudia
01-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Dunno if he can win tomorow....certainly hope so. :yeah:

Btw, I wish he can do better this year, cause last one is to forget.

Carlita
01-06-2006, 11:11 PM
yes please! If he can beat Radek, he's on his way again! I'm just scared his shoulder will 'break down' again....:awww: as long as he can play without pain he should be fine :D

:zzz: night night! :wavey:

justClaudia
01-06-2006, 11:19 PM
His shoulder scared me, here at Estoril last year - dunno if it was here, where it started to bother him - but I thought it was very very serious. He was in pain, one could tell that. Good luck to him!

Nighty, sleep well!:wavey: :hug:

DhammaTiger
01-07-2006, 01:14 PM
I am with both of you, Carlita and Claudia in hoping that Carlos will beat Stepanek easily so he won't have to trouble his shoulder much. Let's also hope tat he will be in perfect shape for the final tomorrow and the rest of the season. I just hope that this season will be very good for him and he won't have anymore injury problems. Vamos Carlos!!

*Ljubica*
01-07-2006, 01:54 PM
He has just won the first set :) Vamos Carlos!

Carlita
01-07-2006, 04:51 PM
:awww: and lost the second... ooooh :unsure: Carlos...what you put me through.......

vamoooooooos :bounce:

NicoFan
01-07-2006, 05:07 PM
:wavey:

Hey everyone!

Don't forget about chat tomorrow!!

If you want to participate, you can PM me so that I can give you my msn addy so you can add me as a contact. We have about 15 people maybe more - it will be fun. Mariano supporters, Nico fans, Fernando G fans, Nando V fans, Gaston fans, and a couple others.

It will be Sunday 1:00 US California time, 2:00 US CST, 3:00 US EST, 5:00 Chile/Argentina time, 8:00 UK time, 9:00 Europe time.

*Ljubica*
01-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Sjoukje :hug: many congrats on Carlos getting to the Final! But - how are your nerves :eek: I saw most of the match on Eurosport2 - and when it got to the Final Set tie-break - I thought of you :p Go and pour yourself a stiff drink now - and good luck for the Final tomorrow :)

Lynn - enjoy your chat - sorry I can't join you.

DhammaTiger
01-07-2006, 06:15 PM
:wavey:

Hey everyone!

Don't forget about chat tomorrow!!

If you want to participate, you can PM me so that I can give you my msn addy so you can add me as a contact. We have about 15 people maybe more - it will be fun. Mariano supporters, Nico fans, Fernando G fans, Nando V fans, Gaston fans, and a couple others.

It will be Sunday 1:00 US California time, 2:00 US CST, 3:00 US EST, 5:00 Chile/Argentina time, 8:00 UK time, 9:00 Europe time.l00king forward to
it. I already pencilled it in my diary :) a luego :wavey:

DhammaTiger
01-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Congrats sjoukjie carlos made it, even if he did it the hard way, but importantly he did it. Now he is in the final and has some reasts unlike his opponent who has to play tomorrow. VAMOS CARLOS!

Carlita
01-07-2006, 06:53 PM
:hug: thanks everyone! He managed to "kill me" yet again :lol: This man gives me a headache every time he plays! But me still wuvs him a lot :hug: I didn't expect this one to be easy...so I had calculated 3 sets...still.... he made it unbearable at one stage....if I had seen it on tv I wouldn't be typing this now :unsure:

Carlos :kiss: :worship:

justClaudia
01-07-2006, 07:33 PM
:wavey: Everyone. :hug:

Lord Carlos is alive and kicking! :bounce:
Carlita, congrats dear - I can imagine how you suffered - 'my David' happens to make me that pretty much all the time.:lol:

Have a good week end everyone. :smooch:

*Ljubica*
01-07-2006, 08:45 PM
:hug: thanks everyone! He managed to "kill me" yet again :lol: This man gives me a headache every time he plays! But me still wuvs him a lot :hug: I didn't expect this one to be easy...so I had calculated 3 sets...still.... he made it unbearable at one stage....if I had seen it on tv I wouldn't be typing this now :unsure:

Carlos :kiss: :worship:

Good Luck tomorrow :hug:

NicoFan
01-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Vamos to Carlos - such a cutiepie! :kiss:

And its a health risk following these guys! :lol: Sometimes following my favorites, I feel like I'm going to die on the spot. ;)

Its easier when I see the matches in person or on TV becuase I know what's happening. Not much easier, but a little. :lol: But when its just following the ticker, its hard because you don't know if they are playing well or poorly or the other guy sucks or is playing great. Are they tired or are they moving well. Its just numbers on a screen, and I start yelling at my computer like a loca person. :eek: :p

*Ljubica*
01-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Vamos to Carlos - such a cutiepie! :kiss:

And its a health risk following these guys! :lol: Sometimes following my favorites, I feel like I'm going to die on the spot. ;)

Its easier when I see the matches in person or on TV becuase I know what's happening. Not much easier, but a little. :lol: But when its just following the ticker, its hard because you don't know if they are playing well or poorly or the other guy sucks or is playing great. Are they tired or are they moving well. Its just numbers on a screen, and I start yelling at my computer like a loca person. :eek: :p

:haha: Yes - live scoring is the worst for all the reasons you've just given - it drives me crazy :devil: Worst for me is this up-coming Australian season, where I don't just have to contend with a ghastly live ticker, but following it at some horrendous time like 3.00am when I should be asleep :eek: I tend to swear badly at the computer - so you're not alone in being "loca" ;)

ae wowww
01-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Hi all, simply wanted to come & show my support to Mariano. I was also wondering if anyone has a website for him? I couldn't find one through google, but thought one of you may know, or even run one yourself.
Anyway thanks, speak to you soon.

Carlita
01-07-2006, 11:36 PM
:haha: Yes - live scoring is the worst for all the reasons you've just given - it drives me crazy :devil: Worst for me is this up-coming Australian season, where I don't just have to contend with a ghastly live ticker, but following it at some horrendous time like 3.00am when I should be asleep :eek: I tend to swear badly at the computer - so you're not alone in being "loca" ;)oh yeah.....I always turn into a zombie during the AO :lol:

Start on our Sunday: sleep from 20.00 to 01.00, watch tennis, go to work at 8.20, come home at 18.10, have dinner, coffee, got to bed at 20.00 to start all over again... :yawn: but boy do I love this! I always watch it with my drinks and some food, duvet with me, computer on....... :lol:

OOH glad to hear I'm not the only one going mental while watching live scoring :haha: People sometimes must wonder: WTF is she doing?! It's indeed worse than being there live or watching tv....now you just wonder even more! What's happening?!?!?! :haha:Although I've "died" at live matches a million times as well!

oh yeah...tomorrow I'm sure Carlos won't miss the opportunity to murder me again..... And next week my other "killer" will be back as well...... Moya and Verdasco have aged me about 100 years per second :haha: But I love them anyway ;)

Carlita
01-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi all, simply wanted to come & show my support to Mariano. I was also wondering if anyone has a website for him? I couldn't find one through google, but thought one of you may know, or even run one yourself.
Anyway thanks, speak to you soon.:wavey: Nice of you to join us :) I don't know about any website....maybe the others do?

DhammaTiger
01-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Anyway thanks, speak to you soon.
Hi :wavey: Great you could join us. A website for Mariano, I haven't a clue, maybe Daniel or Kali know.

DhammaTiger
01-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Sjoukjie, i know what you mean about live scoreboards! I die all the time when my favs play. I think we should found a nervous wrecks tennis fans club, or something as our support group. Something like weight watchers but in this case not to kick the habit but to hold hands. Vamos Carlos y buena suerte.

DhammaTiger
01-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Sorry, forgot to add Rosie I am sure she will know.

Carlita
01-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Sjoukjie, i know what you mean about live scoreboards! I die all the time when my favs play. I think we should found a nervous wrecks tennis fans club, or something as our support group. Something like weight watchers but in this case not to kick the habit but to hold hands. Vamos Carlos y buena suerte.I'm sure there will be lots of people joining us there :lol:

:unsure: Ljubicic this afternoon.......I have some hope......Ivan played a monster match already today so who knows.....

I'll do some studying now, because I won't be able to concentrate when Charly is playing :lol:

talk to you all later!!! :wavey:

*Ljubica*
01-08-2006, 12:03 PM
oh yeah.....I always turn into a zombie during the AO :lol:

Start on our Sunday: sleep from 20.00 to 01.00, watch tennis, go to work at 8.20, come home at 18.10, have dinner, coffee, got to bed at 20.00 to start all over again... :yawn: but boy do I love this! I always watch it with my drinks and some food, duvet with me, computer on....... :lol:

OOH glad to hear I'm not the only one going mental while watching live scoring :haha: People sometimes must wonder: WTF is she doing?! It's indeed worse than being there live or watching tv....now you just wonder even more! What's happening?!?!?! :haha:Although I've "died" at live matches a million times as well!

oh yeah...tomorrow I'm sure Carlos won't miss the opportunity to murder me again..... And next week my other "killer" will be back as well...... Moya and Verdasco have aged me about 100 years per second :haha: But I love them anyway ;)

Your AO schedule sounds a lot like mine..................go to bed at 19.00, up at mid-night, watch tennis, leave for work at 6.30am, back at 17.00, dinner, bath, sleep at 19.00, ready to do it all again :p And I always watch from the sofa with tea, chocolate, a duvet and a computer! Strange how people can live so far apart and be essentially the same. And Ali - tennis nervous wrecks anonymous sounds fun!

Carlita
01-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Your AO schedule sounds a lot like mine..................go to bed at 19.00, up at mid-night, watch tennis, leave for work at 6.30am, back at 17.00, dinner, bath, sleep at 19.00, ready to do it all again :p And I always watch from the sofa with tea, chocolate, a duvet and a computer! Strange how people can live so far apart and be essentially the same. And Ali - tennis nervous wrecks anonymous sounds fun!Well we're not that far apart ;) Only difference here is you have to leave earlier for work. hahahaha :haha: So I'm glad there are more like me around :lol:

*Ljubica*
01-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Well we're not that far apart ;) Only difference here is you have to leave earlier for work. hahahaha :haha: So I'm glad there are more like me around :lol:
I get home earlier though ;) Must admit I'm a bit peeved at the moment - just switched on the TV and there is some tedious doubles match instead of Carlos :devil: Coverage seems to end in about an hour too - so if this means I miss the Final I will be :fiery: And no - you and I are not that far apart, but I know people in South America and the States that do pretty much the same thing!!

Carlita
01-08-2006, 12:48 PM
I get home earlier though ;) Must admit I'm a bit peeved at the moment - just switched on the TV and there is some tedious doubles match instead of Carlos :devil: Coverage seems to end in about an hour too - so if this means I miss the Final I will be :fiery: And no - you and I are not that far apart, but I know people in South America and the States that do pretty much the same thing!! well you're back at 17.00 (18.00 CET...so about the same ;))

oooooooooh naughty tv station!!! The should show Carlos! How's the score there? Do I still have some time to study?

*Ljubica*
01-08-2006, 12:55 PM
well you're back at 17.00 (18.00 CET...so about the same ;))

oooooooooh naughty tv station!!! The should show Carlos! How's the score there? Do I still have some time to study?
No! Doubles has just finished and they say Carlos will come out on court in 5 minutes!! And - don't worry - TV are showing it! Good Luck :) Btw - check your PM!!!

DhammaTiger
01-08-2006, 01:14 PM
carlos is just starting,. so rosie, we are already turned this thread to a tennis nervous wrecks annonymous- see we are supporting each other. it will grow in earnest during AO

*Ljubica*
01-08-2006, 01:20 PM
carlos is just starting,. so rosie, we are already turned this thread to a tennis nervous wrecks annonymous- see we are supporting each other. it will grow in earnest during AO

That's true :) I am going off line to watch Carlos properly now - talk to you all later and good luck :wavey:

DhammaTiger
01-08-2006, 03:23 PM
i am so distraught.. :sad: .. have no words. sorry sjokijie, everyone. carlos... :sad: :bigcry:

Carlita
01-08-2006, 03:27 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Lady_Carlita/bears/095crybear.jpg

*Ljubica*
01-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Sjoukje :hug: Love you :hug: Please don't be too sad :sad:

*Ljubica*
01-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Btw - thought I ought to just post here - today is our lovely Denaon's Birthday!! There is a greetings thread for him over in Non-Tennis - but just wanted to say it here too...............Feliz cumpleaños Daniel :hug:

DhammaTiger
01-08-2006, 03:33 PM
sjoukjie:hug:

Carlita
01-08-2006, 04:28 PM
:hug: thanks :awww:

(the fact people keep saying he's weak and can't play anymore is really annoying me.... the guy lacks rhythm! He's played some great matches, so it will come back to him....it just takes time...)

*Ljubica*
01-08-2006, 06:21 PM
:hug: thanks :awww:

(the fact people keep saying he's weak and can't play anymore is really annoying me.... the guy lacks rhythm! He's played some great matches, so it will come back to him....it just takes time...)

He played a great first set - it could have gone either way. I think the fact he made a double-faut to lose that tie-break obviously affected his concentration a lot, and he found the first part of the 2nd set very hard :sad: He was broken early on in the set, and of course, with someone like Ljubicic, if you lose your serve then he is really difficult to break especially on hard court. Carlos has nothing to be ashamed of though - and Sjoukje - please let me know if you still want "the package" or not :)

Carlita
01-08-2006, 06:58 PM
He played a great first set - it could have gone either way. I think the fact he made a double-faut to lose that tie-break obviously affected his concentration a lot, and he found the first part of the 2nd set very hard :sad: He was broken early on in the set, and of course, with someone like Ljubicic, if you lose your serve then he is really difficult to break especially on hard court. Carlos has nothing to be ashamed of though - and Sjoukje - please let me know if you still want "the package" or not :)

Thank you for the small report. :hug: Yeah I'd love to if you don't mind :D :yippee: :hug:

*Ljubica*
01-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Thank you for the small report. :hug: Yeah I'd love to if you don't mind :D :yippee: :hug:

No problem :)

Carlita
01-08-2006, 07:08 PM
No problem :)*does happy dance*

http://smileys.******************/cat/23/23_32_10.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZZ):hug:

MariaV
01-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Hi everyone! :wavey:
Thanks for the report Rosie. :hug:
Sjoukje, Carlos is doing just fine! :hug: :hug:

MariaV
01-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Your AO schedule sounds a lot like mine..................go to bed at 19.00, up at mid-night, watch tennis, leave for work at 6.30am, back at 17.00, dinner, bath, sleep at 19.00, ready to do it all again :p And I always watch from the sofa with tea, chocolate, a duvet and a computer! Strange how people can live so far apart and be essentially the same. And Ali - tennis nervous wrecks anonymous sounds fun!
LOL you ladies!!!!!! :haha: I do the same during the AO of course!!!!!!! :tape: I have to try not to eat too much at nights watching the AO matches.

ae wowww
01-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D Too bad there doesn't seem to be a website apparent, guess I will just have to hang out here instead then!

kali_puerta_fan
01-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey guys! I'm back and with great news!
Yesterday, I received an e-mail from a jurnalist in Clarin, telling me that he will forward the messages to Mariano...(I couldn't help it, and I wrote to the Argentine news papers before New Years Eve...with the hope of getting a reaction...and I did...2 weeks after I mailed them...)...So, Daniel, Rosie, and who else has messages...PM them to me, and I'll write to this guy ...

Here is the e-mail:
"Ioana, nice to meet you. My name is Bruno and i work with Ariel Scher
in
Clarin. If you coul send me the e-mail i would contact Mariano.
Bye and wait to your reply. Bruno
"

Carlita
01-08-2006, 08:19 PM
ooh Kali, that's wonderful!!!!:woohoo: :yeah:

at least there's some reaction now!! :D

kali_puerta_fan
01-08-2006, 08:44 PM
yup...let's hope 4 the best...I told him I'll mail him in 1 or 2 days...
I got his e-mail on my birthday!:lol: Somebody up there must really love me and Mariano :lol:

*Ljubica*
01-08-2006, 09:17 PM
yup...let's hope 4 the best...I told him I'll mail him in 1 or 2 days...
I got his e-mail on my birthday!:lol: Somebody up there must really love me and Mariano :lol:
Hey kali - I didn't know it was your Birthday too :) Belated Happy Birthday :hug: I think you have some of my messages - but I will PM them all to you again if you want. They will probably come in more than one PM as they won't fit into one!!! Glad you got a reaction :)

Carlita
01-08-2006, 09:19 PM
http://smileys.******************/cat/13/13_10_7.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZZ)yeaaaaaaaah happy belated birthday :hug::kiss::hug:

*Ljubica*
01-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Kali - I have sent you all the messages I have now - in a series of PMs!!!

And the address of Mariano's website is http://www.marianopuerta.com.ar/ in Spanish language only.

DhammaTiger
01-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Kali belated happy birthday, and great news about clarin. really fab!!!

DhammaTiger
01-08-2006, 10:06 PM
I agree with Rosie carlos played fabulously in the first set. If it wasn't for that double fault Ljubicic wouldn't have won. You are right Ljubicic is the kind of player you can't give an inch to. Sjoukje dont listen to the louts on GM carlos will be back in the top 10 soon.

Carlita
01-08-2006, 10:16 PM
I agree with Rosie carlos played fabulously in the first set. If it wasn't for that double fault Ljubicic wouldn't have won. You are right Ljubicic is the kind of player you can't give an inch to. Sjoukje dont listen to the louts on GM carlos will be back in the top 10 soon.:hug: thanks Ali! I should know better...I know.....

so will you play the game with us? You can still enter....deadline is Tuesday 23.00 CET :) Anyone here who would like to join check this site:)

http://members.home.nl/elikian/UK/

justClaudia
01-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Kali happy belated B-Day, dear! :hug:

Carlita, don't you listen to what they say on GM, pleeeaaase! Carlos IS a winner, and - like Rosie said - I'm sure he'll back on top 10 soon. No worries. :hug:

justClaudia
01-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Oh and, totally off topic but - that avvie...Sí, sí, sí! :lol:

DhammaTiger
01-08-2006, 11:18 PM
i will play i promise carlita

Carlita
01-08-2006, 11:20 PM
i will play i promise carlita:woohoo: Great Ali :yeah:

Carlita
01-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Oh and, totally off topic but - that avvie...Sí, sí, sí! :lol::inlove: :hearts: http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/faint.gif

:lol:

NicoFan
01-09-2006, 02:22 AM
Yesterday, I received an e-mail from a jurnalist in Clarin, telling me that he will forward the messages to Mariano...(I couldn't help it, and I wrote to the Argentine news papers before New Years Eve...with the hope of getting a reaction...and I did...2 weeks after I mailed them...)...So, Daniel, Rosie, and who else has messages...PM them to me, and I'll write to this guy ...

Here is the e-mail:
in
"

This is great news! :woohoo:

Gracias for doing that Kali! :hug:

And senorita Sjoukje - never listen to the GM people - nasty nasty nasty. :(

MariaV
01-09-2006, 08:35 AM

Here is the e-mail:
in
"
Oh, that's good news. :D And happy belated birhday!
http://www.balloonplace.com/catalog/020061.gif
And thanks Rosie for forwarding the messages already. :)

DhammaTiger
01-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Rosie, my dearest a huge congratulations for Agustin 's win over Mathieu. Well done Agustin. I feel sad for JCF he lost.

*Ljubica*
01-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Morning :wavey: I am having a bad day at work today so not much time to post :sad: - but just have to say it looks like Lady_Carlita and I may be at war tomorrow :p Because ToJo has withdrawn from the Sydney tournament, Verdasco's new 1st round opponent will be my very own sweetie Juan Mónaco who is the Lucky Loser. I'm sure Fernando will win (he won last time they played in St. Petersburg last year) - but it will make me very :sad: SO please be kind to me Sjoukje!

DhammaTiger
01-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Lynn, thanks for hosting the chat I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I am glad I was the only boy. In the end my darned msn was acting up so badly it wouldn't let me view all the conversation. I gather we are doing it again next sunday, u can bet your bottom dollar I will be there.

*Ljubica*
01-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Rosie, my dearest a huge congratulations for Agustin 's win over Mathieu. Well done Agustin. I feel sad for JCF he lost.

Thanks Ali :) I hear he played well.

DhammaTiger
01-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Sjoukje, I will play the game, but I was asked to submit my players. Since I don't know the rules, can you please tell me who/what /how i am supposed to pick? but if you don't like,but prefer that i fend for myself, can you tell me where i can read the rules?
Last question before I do a virus scan on the pc. Can I pick Nando, or do I have tobe Nando's chica to do that?

justClaudia
01-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Morning everyone :wavey:

Rosie :hug: I'm with you - even though I like Nando, and Carlita a lot - I'm rooting for Juanito. Well, may the best to win - but I think Juan has a chance.

I just read about Agustin! :bounce: Yay!
And Juanqui needs to find his game fast...:awww:

Have a good day you all...I'll try to as well, even though I hate Monday's. :lol: :smooch:

*Ljubica*
01-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Morning everyone :wavey:

Rosie :hug: I'm with you - even though I like Nando, and Carlita a lot - I'm rooting for Juanito. Well, may the best to win - but I think Juan has a chance.

I just read about Agustin! :bounce: Yay!
And Juanqui needs to find his game fast...:awww:

Have a good day you all...I'll try to as well, even though I hate Monday's. :lol: :smooch:

:hug: :hug: for supporting my "baby" against the evil Nando :devil:

justClaudia
01-09-2006, 11:53 AM
:lol: You made me laugh, with the evil Nando thing! :rolls:

'Your' baby deserves all the support in the world - he'll always get mine ;) - unless he's playing against 'my baby'...that would be though for me.

*Ljubica*
01-09-2006, 12:10 PM
:lol: You made me laugh, with the evil Nando thing! :rolls:

'Your' baby deserves all the support in the world - he'll always get mine ;) - unless he's playing against 'my baby'...that would be though for me.
Sjoukje knows I don't mean the "evil" bit :angel: And Juan is almost young enough to be my "baby" for real so my interest is purely platonic!

Carlita
01-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Morning :wavey: I am having a bad day at work today so not much time to post :sad: - but just have to say it looks like Lady_Carlita and I may be at war tomorrow :p Because ToJo has withdrawn from the Sydney tournament, Verdasco's new 1st round opponent will be my very own sweetie Juan Mónaco who is the Lucky Loser. I'm sure Fernando will win (he won last time they played in St. Petersburg last year) - but it will make me very :sad: SO please be kind to me Sjoukje!:awww: I saw that...... Must be tough for both of them... good friends.... ;)

I'm not too sure he'll win Rose...............Let's wait and see. :hug:

justClaudia
01-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Sjoukje knows I don't mean the "evil" bit :angel: And Juan is almost young enough to be my "baby" for real so my interest is purely platonic!

Oh no Rosie, Nando is evil...his body, come on...that would kill anyone. If that ain't evil, then I don't know what it is.:lol:

*Ljubica*
01-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Oh no Rosie, Nando is evil...his body, come on...that would kill anyone. If that ain't evil, then I don't know what it is.:lol:

I am too innocent to look at mens' bodies in "that" way....... :angel:

And Sjoukje - hope you and I will always be friends whatever the little men in our lives do on the tennis court!!!!

justClaudia
01-09-2006, 01:01 PM
I am too innocent to look at mens' bodies in "that" way....... :angel:

And Sjoukje - hope you and I will always be friends whatever the little men in our lives do on the tennis court!!!!

Oh yeah, I am too...:angel:
Daily life is so boring at times - that I'm really glad that there's so many cute body's to look at - like Nando's, David, Gaston and your baby's as well! Bless them for that! :lol:

kali_puerta_fan
01-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Hey, guys...I'm done...collected all the messages, and I'll send the mail tonight...Maybe by that time, there will be more.

Denaon
01-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Oh Kali, I've read you had some reaction!! :bounce: Please let me send first all messages I have, there might be some you don't have now...I had very little time......I'm sincerely happy for the response and your effort, you are a Top quality fan :D

Carlita
01-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Oh no Rosie, Nando is evil...his body, come on...that would kill anyone. If that ain't evil, then I don't know what it is.:lol::devil: evil but then again..... :aplot: sooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :hearts: :lol:

Carlita
01-09-2006, 02:48 PM
I am too innocent to look at mens' bodies in "that" way....... :angel: sure Rosie, sure :lol:

And Sjoukje - hope you and I will always be friends whatever the little men in our lives do on the tennis court!!!!:hug::hug::hug:

kali_puerta_fan
01-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Daniel, I mailed Bruno, and I told him that there are more messages, and asked permision to give to you his adress. I also told him that you send the local newspapers the messages and there was no reaction, so his is very important. I mailed him this fast, because he told me, the sooner the better.
There are 15 Word pages of messages, about 100 in Spanish and in English. So, guys, 10x again for all your lovely efforts. :hug::hug::hug: And now let's wait for the answer. Fingers crossed! :yeah:

Carlita
01-09-2006, 06:20 PM
:yippee: that's just wonderful Kali!! So many messages :D wow! Well done and thanks everyone :yeah:

*Ljubica*
01-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks for all your efforts kali :hug:

DhammaTiger
01-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Kali :worship: :worship: :worship: You are the greatest :cool:

DhammaTiger
01-09-2006, 07:13 PM
I am gonna stay neutral as I like Nando and Juan in equal measure. I just hope Juan- Carlos will start winning again. Rosie, who will play Agustin next?

*Ljubica*
01-09-2006, 07:25 PM
I am gonna stay neutral as I like Nando and Juan in equal measure. I just hope Juan- Carlos will start winning again. Rosie, who will play Agustin next?

It's a tough one for Agustin - he meets the winner of Berdych/Davydenko :eek:

DhammaTiger
01-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Oh Claudia thanks for the good rep, :smooch: you are so sweet. :hug:

Carlita
01-09-2006, 10:52 PM
just thinking....did the badrepping by "you-know-who" stop? Did he actually listen to jazzgirl? :lol:

DhammaTiger
01-09-2006, 11:47 PM
just thinking....did the badrepping by "you-know-who" stop? Did he actually listen to jazzgirl? :lol:
I don't know as i hadn't received any for a few days, maybe he ran out of reps to give. did jazzgirl say anything to him? :D

DhammaTiger
01-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Don't worry Rosie, Agustin will do it. He is on my team.

NicoFan
01-10-2006, 01:05 AM
I'm trying to help Alonso out getting people to vote now and again on the PYW (Pick A Winner) threads in the current tournaments thread.

Its an easy game. Just vote for whoever you want (or think) will win. Each vote gives the player one point.

So if you have a few seconds and your surfing MTF, stop by and vote! :yeah: