Vamos David!!!!! [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Vamos David!!!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

undomiele
01-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Oh guys, Im watching Hewitt and Federer and Lleyton is losing... its making me nervous for Nalbandian!!!!! My one solace is that Hewitt is not playing too well (which is the opposite of what Dave will do) the QF of Feds and Nalbandian is going to be a heart-stopper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But we all know Nalby has the goods to beat Federer. I wish Nalby all the luck in the world!!!!!!!!!!

Aleta4
01-26-2004, 12:05 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040126/capt.mel12001260503.australian_open_mel120.jpg :lol:

Ma. Estefania
01-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Thanx for the interview, Rosie. :)

It was sort of funny this time, je je, it seems he's calm and relaxed, because Roger is like the fave one here despite their head-to-head.

His match ag. Cañas was great, well....great in the sense that David played great, because honestly I expected more from Cañas due the fact he always fights, but I guess that this time was just too much, it was pretty obvious, especially at the last point of the match, it was like that he was already throwing the towel. :)

I hope Roger can do that too *praying for that* je je :p

VAMOS DAVID!!!! :kiss:

Ma. Estefania
01-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Aleta: Thanx for that one. :)

*Ljubica*
01-26-2004, 05:30 PM
I love that photo Aleta - where DID you find it? Thanks a lot.

Aleta4
01-26-2004, 06:28 PM
Hi Rosie :wavey:
found the picture at yahoo sports. Put it up in the yahoo group if you like, I still do not know how to post pictures there :o

*Ljubica*
01-27-2004, 08:17 AM
Don't worry Aleta - I've got a copy of the photo myself now and I posted it on the Yahoo site last night. It's really easy to post on Yahoo though - just click on the "Photos" section, click on the section you want to add a picture to, and then press "browse" to choose the chosen photo from your own computer files. Once you've done that, - just upload! It's got to be easier than this one, - I haven't got a clue how to load pictures here!!

Ma. Estefania
01-27-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm so nervous about David's match.....just another "Good luck" isn't bad. :)

GOOD LUCK DAVID! :kiss:

Beat Federer again, champ! :hearts:

*Ljubica*
01-27-2004, 06:22 PM
I'm so nervous about David's match.....just another "Good luck" isn't bad. :)

GOOD LUCK DAVID! :kiss:

Beat Federer again, champ! :hearts:

So am I - and I agree with you, - so GOOD LUCK David - believe in yourself and show the world what a great player you are :worship:

I shall be cheering you on every step of the way :)

sigmagirl91
01-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Best of luck, David.

undomiele
01-28-2004, 12:21 AM
Believe in yourself and you can do it David!

are you guys going to be in the AO latest results during the match?

*Ljubica*
01-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Just finished watching the match - of course I am sad - very sad, - I can't deny shedding a few tears for David :tears: , but I am still proud of him for achieving what he did after all his injuries. Let us hope he enjoys his week off and comes back strong for Argentina in the Davis Cup. Here is the transcript of his interview after the match:-

R. FEDERER/D. Nalbandian

7-5, 6-4, 5-7, 6-3

An interview with:

DAVID NALBANDIAN

Q. He just seemed to lift at the critical points, at the important points, Roger seemed to. That was the difference maybe today?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Yeah, I think the difference was so close. So not too much difference. I think in the important points, in the big points, he played better than me. That's the difference.

Q. He made 55 unforced errors to 30 in your case. You must be disappointed in the result.

DAVID NALBANDIAN: I don't care about the statistics so... The match is enough, to win or to lose. Simple.

Q. What was the difference between last year and this year?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: What difference? Because why I won?

Q. You beat him.

DAVID NALBANDIAN: So?

Q. Just the main points.

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Every match is different. I can't say I played bad. So I think the match was very, very close. So not much difference.

Just, I don't know. I don't know how many points he won or how many points I won. But the difference was in the big moments he played better, better than me. I have a lot breakpoints and he served really good.

So he played little better.

Q. Was it a problem for you that you hadn't had a real hard test before in this tournament? You won so easily every match before.

DAVID NALBANDIAN: No.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports...

undomiele
01-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Im proud of him. Especially when he gave that point to Federer. ;) He'll win a slam yet --hopefully Wimbledon (of course) or maybe just the US Open, or both ;) -- The Australian Open is the least respected slam I think cos so many players inevitably withdraw due to injury --Dave deserves better than that for his first slam methinks and I know he'll get his wish soon enough.

WyverN
01-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Nalbandian is my second favourite player behind Federer, while I had cheered against him tonight I do hope he wins a slam soon.
He sure has a chance to do so at wimbledon, us open and even french clay this year and I wish him the best of luck

Ma. Estefania
01-28-2004, 04:19 PM
I haven't watched the match yet....but anyway I guess Roger was just too good for David.

Anyway it was a great run for David, quarterfinals again, he defended his seed too, then it's ok.

Btw.....I perceive that he's a bit bothered at that interview..

*Ljubica*
01-28-2004, 06:02 PM
I agree with you Undomiele about giving away that point - it was a very gracious and sporting thing to do - a lot of other players wouldn't have done it I'm sure. I do think Ma. Estefania is right about the interview though - he did seem very unhappy and bothered.

What worries me the most is that our TV commentators said his wrist was still playing up and he had it in ice after each match :sad: I hope this is just a precautionary measure, and our commentators do talk a lot of rubbish sometimes, but I'm still very worried though.

Ma. Estefania
01-28-2004, 09:47 PM
I hope this is just a precautionary measure, and our commentators do talk a lot of rubbish sometimes, but I'm still very worried though.

I haven't heard anything of that yet on the sports news here, Rosie. Today on Sportscenter Latin America they'll show for sure their interview to David, then I'll write tomorrow if he says something about his wrist or not. :)

Don't worry. :hug:

Jazzy
01-29-2004, 08:08 AM
thanx Ma. Estefania, i think i need to catch up on the updates! :yeah:

*Ljubica*
01-29-2004, 09:51 AM
I haven't heard anything of that yet on the sports news here, Rosie. Today on Sportscenter Latin America they'll show for sure their interview to David, then I'll write tomorrow if he says something about his wrist or not. :)

Don't worry. :hug:

OK - thanks - I appreciate it.

Ma. Estefania
01-29-2004, 05:13 PM
I couldn't see the whole interview, but from what I could see, he never mentioned anything about his wrist, apparently it's fine, because not even the same argentine journalists there asked him about it.

Btw....he looked quite calm and not bothered as I perceived about that interview; definitely he must have felt more comfortable speaking in Spanish.

Oh....and he looked quite cute, he had his hair already dry, and that made him look with some golden curls.... so cute :kiss:

*Ljubica*
01-29-2004, 05:51 PM
I couldn't see the whole interview, but from what I could see, he never mentioned anything about his wrist, apparently it's fine, because not even the same argentine journalists there asked him about it.

Btw....he looked quite calm and not bothered as I perceived about that interview; definitely he must have felt more comfortable speaking in Spanish.

Oh....and he looked quite cute, he had his hair already dry, and that made him look with some golden curls.... so cute :kiss:

Ah - yes - the golden curls - they are definately cute :) Wish I could have seen the Spanish interview.

*Ljubica*
01-30-2004, 09:49 PM

Well I have seen some of that interview now (thanks to the ESPN Web-site) and I agree that he does look happier and more relaxed - and gorgeous too :) He is speaking far too fast for me to understand every word he says (my Spanish is not that good I'm afraid!) but you're right - he seems OK with everything and no wrist questions that I heard :) .

Ma. Estefania
01-30-2004, 10:16 PM
LOL@Rosie....yes, he speaks a bit fast, but well...he's just like that... ;)

*Ljubica*
01-30-2004, 10:29 PM
LOL@Rosie....yes, he speaks a bit fast, but well...he's just like that... ;)

Well he probably thinks I speak too fast as well :) - but he speaks a lot better English than I do Spanish! Whenever I've spoken to him I've always been a coward and spoken in English!!

Clara Bow
01-31-2004, 07:40 AM
First of all...I must preface this by saying that I have been out with friends and boyfriend (who falls asleep as soon as we get home while I suffer from insomnia, hence my late night visits to this forum) at various tavern establishments, so please let me excuse my bad spelling, idiotic questions, and what not.... but my big question is....

when and/or how did Nalbandian switch from a kinda geeky guy of the 2002 Wimbledon championchips to the new and improved sexbomb he is today?

I have always watched his tennis, and liked his game, but all of a sudden, during the AU - I noticed his newfound..umm. ..sexiness if you will.

Does the media know about this newfound sexiness, is it just us? When did he become so manly? These are the questions that I ponder during my bouts of (somehat tipsy) insomnia.

*Ljubica*
01-31-2004, 01:08 PM
First of all...I must preface this by saying that I have been out with friends and boyfriend (who falls asleep as soon as we get home while I suffer from insomnia, hence my late night visits to this forum) at various tavern establishments, so please let me excuse my bad spelling, idiotic questions, and what not.... but my big question is....

when and/or how did Nalbandian switch from a kinda geeky guy of the 2002 Wimbledon championchips to the new and improved sexbomb he is today?

I have always watched his tennis, and liked his game, but all of a sudden, during the AU - I noticed his newfound..umm. ..sexiness if you will.

Does the media know about this newfound sexiness, is it just us? When did he become so manly? These are the questions that I ponder during my bouts of (somehat tipsy) insomnia.

Hi Clara - and welcome - nice to hear from you. Well I've been a fan of David's since that 2002 Final (I live just down the road from Wimbledon!), so I guess it's kind of hard for me to notice any changes, - but suppose it's just got something to do with age and maturity. Men do "improve" with age I think (just my opinion!), and over the last year or so he has obviously "grown up" a lot as a person as well as a tennis player, - travelling, gaining experience of life, improving his English, and just generally becoming more self-assured and confident which I think are two of the sexiest qualities in a man ;) . I think he looks so much better with his hair longer too.

As for the media - well the Argentine media certainly knows :) - he was voted "Sexiest Man Alive" in People Magazine (Espanol) a short while ago, - and some of the photo shoots he has done at home are definately sexy (you can check out some of the pictures on his "Yahoo" site if you're interested)

Ma. Estefania
02-01-2004, 01:20 AM
Great answer Rosie. ;)

Oh....and welcome here Clara :wavey:, I hope you can join us cheering for David. :kiss:

Don't apologize for your question, je je, no way, ;) it just made me remember as flashbacks to that Wimby Final 2002 David, you know, with his short hair, yet nervous, etc (but already cute :hearts: ).....and now wow! :drool:

Then as Rosie said, I think that all the confidence he has gain is what makes him sexier, you know, he doesn't care if many people think he looks awful with his "á la Beckham" hair-do, he really doesn't, because he knows quite good what he's supposed to do, you know, his duty is to play tennis, and not to answer trivial crap of his off court life, etc.

Jazzy
02-01-2004, 07:16 AM
EXACTLY!!!!

*Ljubica*
02-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Great answer Rosie. ;)

Oh....and welcome here Clara :wavey:, I hope you can join us cheering for David. :kiss:

Don't apologize for your question, je je, no way, ;) it just made me remember as flashbacks to that Wimby Final 2002 David, you know, with his short hair, yet nervous, etc (but already cute :hearts: ).....and now wow! :drool:

Then as Rosie said, I think that all the confidence he has gain is what makes him sexier, you know, he doesn't care if many people think he looks awful with his "á la Beckham" hair-do, he really doesn't, because he knows quite good what he's supposed to do, you know, his duty is to play tennis, and not to answer trivial crap of his off court life, etc.

As usual I agree with you Ma. Estefania :) And you know, I am actually getting to like the "Beckham hair-style" - didn't like it at first but I'm getting used to it now. And I love the way he always answers silly questions by saying that he is not copying Beckham - he is just "being himself" - there's that confidence again.

Ma. Estefania
02-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Exactly, there's his confidence. ;)

sigmagirl91
02-01-2004, 11:18 PM

Hey, Clara, I thought the same way. I saw him again at the US Open, and I thought, DAMN he grew up :eek: :p . He may also have become more confident, as a result, of his maturing body and mind, and didn't mind (excuse the pun) showing off that new confidence at the AO.
I also believe that he may have been going through hormone hell, so I give him the benefit of the doubt about those pics from Wimby 2002.

sigmagirl91
02-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Anyone care to post a before and after pic of Dave, so that we can all appreciate how far he has come?

Ma. Estefania
02-02-2004, 11:06 PM
I hope they work. :)

The 1st one is David at Wimby 2002.

The 2nd one David training in Australia this year.

And the 3rd one is an "extra" one from last Masters Cup. ;)

Clara Bow
02-03-2004, 05:30 AM
I was able to pick up the People en Espanol with the top 25 bachelors. David looks nice in the picture. My friend posted a translation of David's brief interview in the David Nalbandain yahoo group.

So Rosie- you are right- the media has pick up on his new za-za-zing!

*Ljubica*
02-03-2004, 09:31 AM
I was able to pick up the People en Espanol with the top 25 bachelors. David looks nice in the picture. My friend posted a translation of David's brief interview in the David Nalbandain yahoo group.

So Rosie- you are right- the media has pick up on his new za-za-zing!

Yes, thanks - I saw the translation before work this morning. Hopefully I will get a copy of the magazine sent to me in the next week or so - depends how long the post takes :)

PS: Thanks for the photos Ma. Estefania

Iza
02-03-2004, 02:23 PM
i can't get the mag :sad:

sigmagirl91
02-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Oh, no, Iza. I have already seen it on newsstands here....

Ma. Estefania
02-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Hope I can get it, btw....where are you from Clara?

You're welcome, Rosie :)

Clara Bow
02-04-2004, 04:21 AM
Hope I can get it, btw....where are you from Clara?
Ma. Estefina, I live in Texas (United States).

Ma. Estefania
02-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Oh ok, thanx for the answer, Clara :wavey:

I just wanted to know it, because if you could get it already there, I'm almost sure I can get it here. :)

jazz_girl
02-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Have you seen this pic??? I know some of you have...;)

Ma. Estefania
02-04-2004, 11:52 PM
Not really, Jazz_girl, thanx for it. :)

jazz_girl
02-05-2004, 12:04 AM
You're welcome! ;)

*Ljubica*
02-05-2004, 06:11 AM
Nice to see you back after your holiday Jazz Girl :-))

jazz_girl
02-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Thank you Rosie!!!
Hey, I found another nice pic:

Ma. Estefania
02-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Don't you know where were taken those pics, Jazz_girl?

Where did you find them?

LubiG
02-05-2004, 10:42 PM
David on yesterday's training. Must be really hot in Marruecos ;)

jazz_girl
02-05-2004, 11:43 PM
They were taken in Morocco, I don't know if today or yesterday...I think it was yesterday. And they were posted in La Nación newspaper...
Hugs,J.

Iza
02-06-2004, 08:07 PM
y'know what i noticed? i wanted 2 say this 4 a few weeks but i kept on 4 gettin! i blive he is shavin his chest!

undomiele
02-06-2004, 08:37 PM
lol Iza!! I also had no idea he had a tattoo..

ANyway you guys are going to die but I found these really cute pics of Nalbandian and Coria together from when they were younger till now. :D :D :D

Ma. Estefania
02-06-2004, 09:40 PM
Dammit....I can't download them right now, but anyway thanx, undomiele. ;)

Good to know that David won his Davis Cup match ag. Arazi. :)

*Ljubica*
02-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the photos Undomiele - they're cute!

And Iza, - I have to say that I wish he hadn't shaved his chest - personally I preferred him the way he was before :) - but - well - I guess I'll forgive him :) Really pleased that he won today too although of course it was sad that Arazi had to be injured.

jazz_girl
02-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the pics, I saw them this morning in La Nación site, but now that I see them again, I just noticed that in the third pic David has his hair different...Did he dyed it????
J.

Jazzy
02-07-2004, 09:47 AM
yeh, i was thinking that 2!! did he dye his hair?!?

sigmagirl91
02-07-2004, 01:43 PM
That third pic-he must have swum in some peroxide or had an accident with the dye jar or something, 'cause dayum...

*Ljubica*
02-07-2004, 05:24 PM
That third pic-he must have swum in some peroxide or had an accident with the dye jar or something, 'cause dayum...

Please don't give him any more ideas after the Beckham-hairstyle, the tattoo and the shaved chest - he's looks good enough without any other changes!

sigmagirl91
02-07-2004, 05:47 PM
I don't need to give him any ideas-he's already done that-of course, with good results, we can all agree. I just want to see another tattoo-either on his back or near his :tape: :o :worship:

luckystar
02-07-2004, 06:15 PM
^lol
Am I the only one who actually likes his Beckham-hairstyle? I think it looks much better on him than his previous hairstyle

sigmagirl91
02-07-2004, 06:17 PM
^lol
Am I the only one who actually likes his Beckham-hairstyle? I think it looks much better on him than his previous hairstyle

I liked his previous hairstyle. Made him look sexy and exotic-not that he doesn't already, but this style I've got to get used to....

Clara Bow
02-07-2004, 07:37 PM
^lol
I also like his new hairdo. I think it looks nice when it's down as well. The longer (shaggier) hair makes him look a bit sexier to me. (In particular in his post- Federer match interview on the Australian Open website...rowr...) Looking though some of his older pictures from when he was a junior player to now- it does seem as though he actually has gone through an assortment of hairdos. Viva variety!

Iza
02-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Please don't give him any more ideas after the Beckham-hairstyle, the tattoo and the shaved chest - he's looks good enough without any other changes!

yeah!

jazz_girl
02-07-2004, 08:53 PM
I have to agree with you too Rosie! LOL!
J.

Jazzy
02-08-2004, 04:01 AM
ok, he looks fine for now, just don't want him to go tooooooooo far!! we don't want a Beckham look a-like!!

Ma. Estefania
02-08-2004, 09:23 PM
At the 3rd pic, I do think he had dyed his hair, you know, they were so young.... :)

*Ljubica*
02-09-2004, 01:00 PM
David has certainly improved with age - but Guille doesn't look much different to me actually :p

sigmagirl91
02-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Where's the David forum. Didn't someone request this before?

jazz_girl
02-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Yeah! I'm wondering the same thing!!! Where can we request this??? Maybe they forgot...

Ma. Estefania
02-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Yes, I think we need it urgently! :(

We want to make different threads, you know, for his tournaments, special pics, etc.

We need it! :(

*Ljubica*
02-09-2004, 06:06 PM
OK - yes, - well I DID request it before via email, but unfortunately I never got a reply :devil: The only thing I can think of now is that we ALL go over to the "Bugs/Queries" thread and keep on hassling them until they realise that it's not just me!! I'll start it off though if you like!

Ma. Estefania
02-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Great idea, Rosie. ;)

jazz_girl
02-09-2004, 07:24 PM
I hope they finally hear us! This thread is way too long and has too many different subjects! Besides, David deserves his own forum, he's been deserving one for a long time!
J.

*Ljubica*
02-10-2004, 06:22 AM
Well - our thread to start a separate Forum has certainly got a lot of replies already - so hope they listen to us! I think it's great that people who are not even David fans (like MisterQ) have joined in because they can appreciate that David is good enough to deserve his own thread even though they may not necessarily be fans themselves. Let's keep posting there til they get the message!

Jazzy
02-10-2004, 07:41 AM
ezactly, David should have his own forum!! look @ the other top players they have already got there's even Nadal who's ranked lower!

jazz_girl
02-10-2004, 11:40 AM
He's been neglected long enough! He has to have a forum now!!!
How long has Nadal have forum here???

sigmagirl91
02-10-2004, 11:51 AM
I saw that. Their support is appreciated. Thanks go to MisterQ and CooCooCachoo.....

*Ljubica*
02-10-2004, 12:54 PM
He's been neglected long enough! He has to have a forum now!!!
How long has Nadal have forum here???

Don't know, but I've just sent them another email from work asking the same question - maybe my government business email address might impress them :p No offence to Nadal, but he's not exactly a Top 10 player yet is he?

jazz_girl
02-10-2004, 02:13 PM
The govenment mail??? LOL I think they're gonna listen to you now!!!
I really like Nadal, I think he's very talented and all, but David's been here much longer and it's his second year as a top ten, he has to have his forum, not just for him, but because of us, they have to respect us.

sigmagirl91
02-10-2004, 02:18 PM
What kind of string did they have to pull to get Nadal HIS own forum. I feel that a forum for David is justified and long overdue.

jazz_girl
02-10-2004, 02:29 PM
I know..,
BTW, I just saw David on tv, he arrived at the airport and was really sleepy! He didn't say anything at all about his ankle, so I think it's alright.
Guille was there too, so I'm gonna check different news programmes cause they'll show it today, I'm sure!
Hugs, J.

jazz_girl
02-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Here's the direct link for the interviews from this morning to David and Guille:

http://www.tn24horas.com/popup.asp?Id_Nota=38081

I think it's obvious, but I'll say it anyway, it's in spanish.

Ma. Estefania
02-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Thanx for it. :)

*Ljubica*
02-10-2004, 06:16 PM
I know..,
BTW, I just saw David on tv, he arrived at the airport and was really sleepy! He didn't say anything at all about his ankle, so I think it's alright.
Guille was there too, so I'm gonna check different news programmes cause they'll show it today, I'm sure!
Hugs, J.

OK - so he looks sleepy - but he still looks gorgeous :)

And by the way Mr. Moderator - PLEASE give us a Forum :p

jazz_girl
02-10-2004, 06:20 PM
You're welcome! And Rosie, I second that!!! C'mon moderator, what are you waiting for???
J.

sigmagirl91
02-10-2004, 06:43 PM
I don't know WHAT he's waiting for. Let's just keep on posting over there UNTIL we are heard....

Pink Panther
02-10-2004, 06:56 PM
:bigclap: NEW DAVID FORUM!!!

Pink Panther
02-10-2004, 06:57 PM
MAYBE WE SHOULD START A NEW THREAD TO MARK THIS EVENT!!! :bounce:

Chloe le Bopper
06-04-2004, 02:18 AM
What kind of string did they have to pull to get Nadal HIS own forum. I feel that a forum for David is justified and long overdue.
All it took was a 200 page long thread and some whining from Glenn ;) Even Vince Spadea has a forum these days, though :D;)

Oy, I remember back in the day when nobody wanted to post about Nalbandian with me :o Thank goodness you guys all came along :D

*I bumped this up because I was running down memory lane and was wondering if it was still here*

sigmagirl91
06-04-2004, 02:18 AM
Thank goodness for us....I forgot about this thread...

Chloe le Bopper
06-04-2004, 02:20 AM
Yes, it died a horrible death after the forum came alive and you guys made other threads. Understandable. This one ran it's course!

I just read over the first page and am a little embarassed that I all but talked to myself for three months :o

Raquel
06-05-2004, 08:00 PM
I just read over the first page and am a little embarassed that I all but talked to myself for three months :o

I once started a thread in the old ATP section on WtaWorld and had all the first 7 or 8 posts to myself with no one replying :lol:

bovenbuuf
06-05-2004, 09:20 PM
oh that sounds not so good Raquel..hope you get here a better reply..