HopCup [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

HopCup

OddJob
12-30-2005, 04:51 AM
Anyone going to watch Taylor at the HopCup? TTC starts it's coverage on Monday and I wan't wait to see Taylor back in action. The sucky thing is they won't be showing U.S. vs Serbia. :( I'll be cheering Taylor on the whole time and Lisa too of course. :bounce:

12-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Anyone going to watch Taylor at the HopCup? TTC starts it's coverage on Monday and I wan't wait to see Taylor back in action. The sucky thing is they won't be showing U.S. vs Serbia. :( I'll be cheering Taylor on the whole time and Lisa too of course. :bounce:
Oh no yet another person that can get The Tennis Channel!
I use DirecTV and they won't carry The Tennis Channel :mad: :sad: I have phoned them and e-mailed them, but still no Tennis Channel :devil: I would love to see Taylor play especially since he was doing some serious training to get in good physical shape for the start of the 2006 season. I guess I will just have to check on the scoring for the Tournament :sad:

Deboogle!.
12-30-2005, 01:44 PM
hi OddJob! I get TTC but unfortunately home with the family now and don't get TTC here and I won't be back til the end of the Cup so I dunno if I'll get to see Taylor or not - I hope so! I'm really curious to see this new and improved fitness of his and how his game looks.

OddJob
12-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Oh no yet another person that can get The Tennis Channel!
I use DirecTV and they won't carry The Tennis Channel I have phoned them and e-mailed them, but still no Tennis Channel I would love to see Taylor play especially since he was doing some serious training to get in good physical shape for the start of the 2006 season. I guess I will just have to check on the scoring for the Tournament
I really feel for u Mae! It sucks that DirectTV doesn't carry it.

I can't wait to see how Taylor plays either. A fitter Taylor is a happier Taylor. Haha as you know Debstah TCC wil shows those matches over and over again so I'm sure u'll get to see him in action.

I hope Taylor and Lisa do well against Serbia. I def think they're going to beat them. On the WTF the Serbian team is way tooo over hyped. Most people don't give Taylor a chance vs Novak. Tho i do see Ana beating Lisa but Taylor will come through and they'll win the mixed.

Deboogle!.
12-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Taylor should win that match. I like Djokovic (or what I've seen) but Taylor should do well on the Rebound Ace surface and stuff.

that's true, everything will probably be repeated a lot lol. Except that they're covering several other tourneys so maybe not as much. Oh well, hopefully I get to see one of his matches at some point :)

OddJob
01-01-2006, 05:35 AM
Taylor def Novak 6-1 6-4! :bounce: Great way to start '06 for Mr. Dent. Taylor also won the dubs with Lisa 7-6(7-3) 6-2. :bigclap:

Deboogle!.
01-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Good indeed. Except that three people whom I trust who were watching on TV all said he didn't look any fitter. And that is extremely disappointing

OddJob
01-02-2006, 03:08 AM
Good indeed. Except that three people whom I trust who were watching on TV all said he didn't look any fitter. And that is extremely disappointing

That's not good news at all. He plays really well with these few extra pounds imagen how he would play if he was actually fit. I personally like his tummy but that doesn't help Taylor at all. He's more prone to injurey in the current shape he's in. Jen should crack the whip and get him inshape.

01-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Well I'm glad he won :) But I agree if the people that were able to see him are right about him not being in better shape that is extremely disappointing :sad: Of course, Taylor is a big built person and I don't know if it's harder for people like that to lose weight or not :confused:

Deboogle!.
01-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Yea, it is. You can only do so much with your genes, it's not his fault if that's how he's built. But he can be big-boned and large-built and still get into good shape. It's hard to tell from pictures... his face may look a little thinner. Some people on GM seemed to think he was moving a bit better..... so maybe he is a big fitter, but doesn't sound like it's markedly or noticeably so.

01-03-2006, 05:25 AM
And I think the fact that he is big boned and big built hurts him also because it seems like people that are just bigger in size aren't able to handle heat that well :sad: So I think everything together just tends to work against Taylor. And I don't know how hard Taylor is working to try to overcome his situation.

OddJob
01-03-2006, 05:36 AM
Taylor played well against Yuri 6-2 6-0. His movement looks like it's improved. He also seems to be a few pounds lighter.

01-03-2006, 06:26 AM
Taylor played well against Yuri 6-2 6-0. His movement looks like it's improved. He also seems to be a few pounds lighter.
That sounds better and a win is always nice :) I just wish I could see him for myself :sad:

Becarina
01-03-2006, 12:50 PM
He looked pretty fit to me! Still a little big, but that is the way some people are built. Didnt look like fat though. Moved around the court nicely and was playing great :)

Deboogle!.
01-03-2006, 12:57 PM
well that's more encouraging. Thanks Becky and OddJob! I'll be back in the land of TTC tomorrow night so hopefully I'll get to see one of his matches

01-03-2006, 06:54 PM
well that's more encouraging. Thanks Becky and OddJob! I'll be back in the land of TTC tomorrow night so hopefully I'll get to see one of his matches
Oh lucky you The Tennis Channel :cool: I have become obsessed with getting The Tennis Channel, but not only will DirecTV not carry it none of the other providers in my area has it either :mad:

OddJob
01-04-2006, 03:07 AM
Oh lucky you The Tennis Channel :cool: I have become obsessed with getting The Tennis Channel, but not only will DirecTV not carry it none of the other providers in my area has it either :mad:

Awwww I feel for u Mae :hug: I know if my cable providor didn't carry TTC I'd be freaking too. I know this is a long shot but do they carry EuroSport they show a lot of tennis. Maybe a satellite service would be better.

01-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Awwww I feel for u Mae :hug: I know if my cable providor didn't carry TTC I'd be freaking too. I know this is a long shot but do they carry EuroSport they show a lot of tennis. Maybe a satellite service would be better.
DirecTV is a satellite service and no they don't carry EuroSport either! DishTV is a satellite service, but they also do not carry The Tennis Channel. And the cable providers in my area don't even carry The Tennis Channel!
So there is no where I can go to get it :mad:

OddJob
01-05-2006, 01:52 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/TDentHop06.jpg (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=18713)

Well Taylor lost to ToJo 7-6 (7/5), 2-6, 6-3, must have been a tough match. But they still get to go to the finals cause ToJo got injured.

I'm thinking Lisa will lose to Misa and Taylor should def Wessels. Taylor leads their head to head 1-0 but they haven't played since '01. So yet again it should come down to the mixed.

Deboogle!.
01-05-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm glad they made the finals b/c I'm back in TTC-land so I'll be able to see the final and see how Taylor looks and plays for myself :D

01-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Good Deb I'm glad you are back in TTC Land so you can tell us about how Taylor looks and is playing :worship:

Deboogle!.
01-05-2006, 07:43 PM
:lol: Will do. Won't catch the final live, though, as it's at 1:30am :eek:

01-05-2006, 08:41 PM
:lol: Will do. Won't catch the final live, though, as it's at 1:30am :eek:
Don't worry we don't expect you to watch it live at that hour :eek: Just give us a report on the Match :) You report so well on matches :worship:

OddJob
01-06-2006, 02:26 PM
U.S. Won!!! :woohoo: It was a great Tie all around. Misa vs Lisa was close 6-4 7-6. Taylor's match was amazing he blew Wessels out the first set 6-1. I think he's moving great and his serve was just amazing. Taylor had 13 aces for the match and won 91% of his first serve points. He also hit some nice BH winners.

The Dubs was sooooo good. Misa and Peter played so well in the first set they could do no wrong, esp Misa she was making some amazing shots. Second set was all U.S. 6-2. I was sooooo nervous watching the 3rd set breaker but Taylor closed it out with an Ace. :worship:

Deboogle!.
01-06-2006, 03:47 PM
:yeah: I look forward to watching it later :D I'm watching the women's singles now but I have to go out for a while so I'll catch another repeat later for Taylor and the dubs :) Great for the US To win Hopman again, though!

01-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Great job Taylor and Lisa :worship: At least Taylor seems to be off to a good start to his 2006 season :)

Deboogle!.
01-06-2006, 11:37 PM
So I finally saw Taylor's match against Wessels. He was indeed pretty impressive. He had a good 1st serve % and not too many doublefaults, things which plague him sometimes pretty badly. Both players come to net a lot so there wasn't much opportunity to see how his lateral movement off the baseline was, but his BH pass looked solid. He does look a bit thinner in the face, but I think he still has a long way to go in terms of his fitness. But of course, it's a process and it couldn't have all been done over one off-season.

It was hard to tell how well he was really playing, b/c Wessels kinda blew, esp. in the first set. Taylor was hitting some decent low returns but Wessels missed a bunch of pretty makeable volleys, so I find it hard to really tell what his form is. I'd have to see him against a higher-ranked player I think.

But onto Sydney for him now :)

Aleksa's Laydee
01-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Yay well done Taylor and Lisa :yippee:

01-07-2006, 11:06 PM
So I finally saw Taylor's match against Wessels. He was indeed pretty impressive. He had a good 1st serve % and not too many doublefaults, things which plague him sometimes pretty badly. Both players come to net a lot so there wasn't much opportunity to see how his lateral movement off the baseline was, but his BH pass looked solid. He does look a bit thinner in the face, but I think he still has a long way to go in terms of his fitness. But of course, it's a process and it couldn't have all been done over one off-season.

It was hard to tell how well he was really playing, b/c Wessels kinda blew, esp. in the first set. Taylor was hitting some decent low returns but Wessels missed a bunch of pretty makeable volleys, so I find it hard to really tell what his form is. I'd have to see him against a higher-ranked player I think.

But onto Sydney for him now :)
Thanks Deb for the comments about Taylor. I would like to see him for myself, but I can't do it! So on to Sydney which I'm sure I won't get to see either!