Nadal still having foot problems? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal still having foot problems?

nobama
12-23-2005, 11:40 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/jsnash/afplive929423.jpg
CAPTION: Spaniards Carlos Moya (L) and Rafael Nadal (R) appear after thier friendly match 23 December 2005 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain. It was Nadal's first venture on court since his foot injury in the Madrid Masters Final a month ago. They played nine games, but Nadal reportedly still felt he was having foot problems. AFP PHOTO

amierin
12-24-2005, 01:00 AM
This is his first exo and I guess his foot is still bothering him.

Carito_90
12-24-2005, 06:56 AM
Yes, apparently. Our commentator (Javier Frana, ex tennis player) said during a match that he had talked to Carlos Costa and apparently Rafa's injury wasn't improving and they were starting to get quite worried because of that because they didn't really think it'd be that serious.

That's all I can remember him saying...

DrJules
12-24-2005, 09:01 AM
What is actually wrong with the foot? Is it a different problem from that originally diagnosed?

liisa
12-24-2005, 10:21 AM
In the interview before this match he said that his foot was much better now and that he's in a final stage of his treatment.He also said that he's off form because he started serious trainings a few days ago. He added that he's pretty sure he'll be fit for AO.

landoud
12-24-2005, 10:40 AM
there's no problem that he will bein AO but i hope he can compete

squirrel
12-24-2005, 11:31 AM
and if it was just tactic?

maryam619
12-24-2005, 02:34 PM
and if it was just tactic?
i dont think so hehe;)

Galaxystorm
12-26-2005, 12:35 PM
The last minute information on his injury is that the pain in his foot practically has disappeared , but he wants to wait some tough practises to see how his foot responds before confirming officially that he's utterly recovered .

Although the new about his withdrawal in Chennai is officially today , it was a known new since the before week, because he wants to take a lot of precautions before returning to competition and besides his physical condition is poor because of his " short " off-season because of the injury . In fact he will arrive to Melbourne in a worse form/fit than the rest of players so it would be a surprise that he won the first Grand Slam of season .

These days he's practising with Moyà in Mallorca.

alfonsojose
12-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Moya loves to chew Rafa's feet while banging him :drool:

ExpectedWinner
12-26-2005, 03:57 PM
In fact he will arrive to Melbourne in a worse form/fit than the rest of players so it would be a surprise that he won the first Grand Slam of season .

Obviously, "the rest of the players" sent Galaxystorm detailed reports about their off season preparation. :rolleyes:

DrJules
12-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Moya loves to chew Rafa's feet while banging him :drool:
:lol:

Deboogle!.
12-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Obviously, "the rest of the players" sent Galaxystorm detailed reports about their off season preparation. :rolleyes:I think (at least, it seemed to me) that Galaxystorm simply meant that Rafa won't be at 100%, whereas considering the AO is so early in the season, one would reasonably expect that most players are at their best - at least in terms of freshness, physical condition, and stuff. Of course, many of the top players were hurt at the end of the year, so there are questions for all of them. As far as I've heard, Andy and Lleyton are fine and preparing for the season, same for Roger but I haven't heard much about his ankle, Safin may not play, and if he does, who knows what his form is.... and same with Agassi. So the season will start with many questions about many of the players' fitness, I suppose.

MariaV
12-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi Deb! :wavey: Marat won't play Hopman Cup, said he's not ready yet. :shrug: I hope he'll be fine & fir for the AO. I don't expect him to defend his title if he won't have any matchplay before AO. :shrug: I so hope Rafa's injuries are gonna be healed well for the AO and it's just precautionary.

Deboogle!.
12-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Hi Deb! :wavey::hug: Marat won't play Hopman Cup, said he's not ready yet. :shrug: :sad: :( I talked to Jiat just the other day and she thought he was still maybe gonna play I so hope Rafa's injuries are gonna be healed well for the AO and it's just precautionary.me too :) Same for Marat :)

peteslamz
12-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Yikes...I did not expect that Nadal's injury will last this long... :eek: hope he'll recover soon.

MariaV
12-26-2005, 04:35 PM
I talked to Jiat just the other day and she thought he was still maybe gonna play me too :)
Nope, Marat confirmed today he won't play Hopman Cup. Gabashvili replaced him.
No surprise really. I was sure he wouldn't play.

Galaxystorm
12-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Obviously, "the rest of the players" sent Galaxystorm detailed reports about their off season preparation. :rolleyes:

When i say " the rest of players " , i mean the great part of players with chances of winning the Aus Open.

And excepting Agassi and Safin the rest of main ATP players are making a better off-season than Nadal .

I don't know a lot of top 20-30 players that started their real off-season after 20th December after being two moths injured , it seems you know a lot of them :retard:

Is your capacity of debate so amazing that instead of using/creating your own arguments you need to search concrete pieces of sentence of other persons to analyze them in great detail trying to find any excuse to bash them ??:silly: . Is it too much for you to understand the global meaning of the messages instead of searching little details to criticize ?? :silly:

You clever :silly:

ExpectedWinner
12-26-2005, 04:44 PM
I think (at least, it seemed to me) that Galaxystorm simply meant that Rafa won't be at 100%.

Thanks, I got that part.

But like you said, many players had problems at the end of the season. Why should I believe that "the rest of them" in the better condition than Nadal? Besides, players problems are not always "vocal" and sometimes guys are not working awfully hard during the holiday season.

ExpectedWinner
12-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Is your capacity of debate so amazing that instead of using/creating your own arguments you need to search concrete pieces of sentence of other persons to analyze them in great detail trying to find any excuse to bash them ??:silly: . Is it too much for you to understand the global meaning of the messages instead of searching little details to criticize ?? :silly:

You are too sensitive. I'm not bashing anyone. Unless you are visiting 100+ training bases and watching practices by your own eyes, you can't declare that Nadal is in the worst shape out of "the rest of them".

MariaV
12-26-2005, 04:58 PM
OK guys, no need to fight here. We'll see soon enough who's fit and who's not.

Galaxystorm
12-26-2005, 05:10 PM
You are too sensitive. I'm not bashing anyone. Unless you are visiting 100+ training bases and watching practices by your own eyes, you can't declare that Nadal is in the worst shape out of "the rest of them".

When a player is injured , usually this new is known by the press etc. And i'm asking you how many top 20-30 players excepting Agassi and Safin are making a worse off-season than Nadal ??

Obviously i haven't the capacity of knowing the off-sesons of all players, but as far as i know it's difficult to find top player that because of the injures is making worse off-season than Nadal, Agassi and Safin.

I remember your messages when Nadal pulled out of Shanghai , and although you never told explictly he was faking an injury, your posts were plenty of distrust towards Nadal's injury , even you didn't attach importance to the medical tests in Shanghai by the ATP doctor etc.

Do you still doubt about Nadal's injury ?? :rolleyes:

adee-gee
12-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Thanks, I got that part.

But like you said, many players had problems at the end of the season. Why should I believe that "the rest of them" in the better condition than Nadal? Besides, players problems are not always "vocal" and sometimes guys are not working awfully hard during the holiday season.
I think it's pretty obvious that Nadal is suffering more than most :( possibly with the exception of Safin (I'm talking top 10 here).

Deboogle!.
12-26-2005, 05:22 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Nadal is suffering more than most :( possibly with the exception of Safin (I'm talking top 10 here).Well, Agassi too, he says his ankle problem could keep him out of AO

adee-gee
12-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Well, Agassi too, he says his ankle problem could keep him out of AO
My bad, Agassi as well :) you got my point though :p

Deboogle!.
12-26-2005, 05:27 PM
My bad, Agassi as well :) you got my point though :pYes, I did, hence my first post in this thread ;)

adee-gee
12-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Yes, I did, hence my first post in this thread ;)
Indeed, I didn't see it until you pointed out ;) you must be elated that we're on the same wavelength :D

Deboogle!.
12-26-2005, 05:36 PM
you must be elated that we're on the same wavelength :DIt's moments like these that are why I wake up every day. :)

adee-gee
12-26-2005, 05:40 PM
It's moments like these that are why I wake up every day. :)
:haha: you can go back to bed now then, your dream has been fulfilled :)

Deboogle!.
12-26-2005, 05:41 PM
:haha: you can go back to bed now then, your dream has been fulfilled :)no no, I must stay awake, for fear of missing another such moment! :eek:

adee-gee
12-26-2005, 05:43 PM
no no, I must stay awake, for fear of missing another such moment! :eek:
I'm driving back to London in about 10 mins, so you don't have to worry. I doubt anyone else here could possibly provide you with such joy as I have ;)

Deboogle!.
12-26-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm driving back to London in about 10 mins, so you don't have to worry. I doubt anyone else here could possibly provide you with such joy as I have ;)Nope that would simply not be possible. Guess I should go do something else :sad:

prima donna
12-26-2005, 05:56 PM
This is such great tragedy, I suppose that he won't be present for the Chennai Tournament which features a #2 seed of Stepanek :haha:

To be completely and utterly sincere, what's most important is that he's healthy for the Australian Open and considering that it's 20 days away he should have plenty of time to get himself together. Also, let's not neglect the fact that he's had an off-season to heal somewhat.

If the injury were so severe, then why continue to participate in exhibitions?

All in All, I'm sure that he will have proper preparation and show up to the Australian Open to give maximum effort. It just may not be enough, there are no fortune tellers or strega(witch) present on MTF, so only time will tell. :shrug:

ExpectedWinner
12-26-2005, 06:03 PM
When a player is injured , usually this new is known by the press etc. And i'm asking you how many top 20-30 players excepting Agassi and Safin are making a worse off-season than Nadal ??

Obviously i haven't the capacity of knowing the off-sesons of all players, but as far as i know it's difficult to find top player that because of the injures is making worse off-season than Nadal, Agassi and Safin.

I remember your messages when Nadal pulled out of Shanghai , and although you never told explictly he was faking an injury, your posts were plenty of distrust towards Nadal's injury , even you didn't attach importance to the medical tests in Shanghai by the ATP doctor etc.

Do you still doubt about Nadal's injury ?? :rolleyes:

First of all, you didn't mention Safin and Agassi in your initial post. Secondly, I did not doubt Nadal's injury. Thirdly, how do you know that other players’ injuries are totally healed and haven't come back after resuming intense practices (like it often happens)? There's a big chance that such news wouldn't leak into the media during the holiday season. How do you know that Hewitt hasn't been preoccupied with breastfeeding the baby? :lol: How do you know that Lujbicic is sober enough to play after his DC win hangover? :lol: How do you know that Nalbandian didn't entertain himself with doughnuts; he looks a bit fat around the middle in that singing clip (if it's not recent, I take my words back)? Last but not least, there are three weeks before the AO starts. A lot of things can happen- some players will get injured, some will hit the top shape right in time. It is too early to tell.

Galaxystorm
12-26-2005, 06:11 PM
First of all, you didn't mention Safin and Agassi in your initial post. Secondly, I did not doubt Nadal's injury. Thirdly, how do you know that other players’ injuries are totally healed and haven't come back after resuming intense practices (like it often happens)? There's a big chance that such news wouldn't leak into the media during the holiday season. How do you know that Hewitt hasn't been preoccupied with breastfeeding the baby? :lol: How do you know that Lujbicic is sober enough to play after his DC win hangover? :lol: How do you know that Nalbandian didn't entertain himself with doughnuts; he looks a bit fat around the middle in that singing clip (if it's not recent, I take my words back)? Last but not least, there are three weeks before the AO starts. A lot of things can happen- some players will get injured, some will hit the top shape right in time. It is too early to tell.

How do you know there isn't a flying cow over your house every time you sleep ?? :retard:

:wavey:

Deboogle!.
12-26-2005, 06:19 PM
If the injury were so severe, then why continue to participate in exhibitions?If I'm not mistaken, I think the only thing he played was a one set, first to 9 games, against Moya, and it was for chairty in Mallorca.... hard to fault the guy for playing a little hit and giggle like that for a good cause. Agassi played two charity events a few weeks ago - both were doubles, and also best-of-three set matches, against Andy and Blake, then he said those reaggravated his ankle... :shrug:

Clara Bow
12-27-2005, 10:00 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I think the only thing he played was a one set, first to 9 games, against Moya, and it was for chairty in Mallorca.... hard to fault the guy for playing a little hit and giggle like that for a good cause.

I think the only reason why he did play this exhibition was because it was to help fight hunger, was in Mallorca, and was with his good buddy Moya. (Nadal lost the exhibition by the way.) He was unable to participate in an exhibition match with Tommy Robredo a few days prior.

Here is something from Mundo Deportivo that was translated by nou.amic on vr.com

Nadal delays his 2006 debut

Injured since October, he has pulled out of Chennai (Jan 2nd) but could return in Sydney (Jan 9th)

On the day before his first appearance at a Masters ATP, Rafa Nadal, who still had pain that just would not go away in his left foot, declared to those present at his last training session in Shanghai: "If playing here is going to mean that I'll be out for two months afterwards, it's better that I don't." Next day he was not out there on court to play Gaston Gaudio - the medical tests he had been subjected to hours beforehand did not recommend his taking part in the Masters Cup.

Back in Spain, he put himself in the hands of Dr Angel Ruiz-Cotorro who diagonised post traumatic arthritis in the instep of his left foot. The pain had started during his fight back against the Croatian Ivan Ljubicic in the final of the Madrid Masters tournament on October 23rd and Nadal has not played a competitive match since that day.

Nor will he be playing in what was going to be his first competition of the 2006 season. The organisers of the ATP Chennai (India) yesterday officially announced that he had pulled out. In a written statement Nadal himself said: "Both my medical team and I have been working very hard during the last few weeks so that I could participate at Chennai, but my doctor has now finally recommended that I don't play." Dr Cotorro has repeatedly said that an exact date could not be given for his return as it was an injury whose progress at each moment had to be carefully monitored.

Rafa Nadal is progressing satisfactorily, but neither he nor his team want to take unnecessary risks. His injury is not serious but it is of the kind that could cause problems in the future if it is not cured properly at the time. Every little detail has to be taken into consideration: in the middle of this month, Rafa went to Barcelona for a study to be made of the pressure support points of his foot, and the insoles he usually wears were modified.

Australian Open
A few days ago, Nadal played his first match since Madrid, against Carlos Moya. It was an exhibition match at home in Mallorca, to raise funds for charity, and did not demand any undue effort. Now that Chennai has been ruled out, his next scheduled match is in Sydney (9th - 15th January). It will be the last, and in his case the only, preparation for the Australian Open, the Grand Slam in Melbourne (16th - 26th January).

Rafa Nadal reached the round of sixteen in 2005, losing in five sets to Lleyton Hewitt after dominating play for various periods of the match. The tournament conditions suit him perfectly - the surface is hard but not excessively fast - and, after Roland Garros, it is the Grand Slam where he should feel most comfortable.

Before the tournament, he will not have put in the amount of work he would have liked but in his favour he has the fact that he is one of the players who gets into the swing of competition most rapidly. For the moment, he is busy working hard with his trainer, Toni, his doctor Angel Ruiz, his physio, Joan Martorell (this season's new signing from Real Mallorca FC) and his physical trainer, Joan Forcades.

I hope that Nadal's foot does recover well and that it is actually progressing.

As a side note- one thing that I think is pretty cool is that when Nadal withdrew from Chennai- he donated $25,000 to Chief Minister's Relief Fund for the tsunami.

From rediff.com

Nadal also added that he would contribute US$25,000 towards the chief minister's public relief fund for the people affected by Tsunami in Chennai last year.

"It's been a year since the devastating Tsunami rocked Chennai and other parts of the world. I was especially looking forward to being present at the fashion show and charity auction to raise monies for the rehabilitation of those affected by this natural calamity. Even though I am unable to be present for it, I would like to offer US$25,000 towards the chief minister's Public Relief Fund for this cause. I hope this contribution will help many families return to normalcy," he said.

mangoes
12-27-2005, 10:24 PM
BBC America news just announced in their sports report that Nadal and Safin are looking doubtful for AO. Does anyone have any info?

DrJules
12-27-2005, 10:36 PM
How do you know that Hewitt hasn't been preoccupied with breastfeeding the baby? :lol:

I would like to see that :lol:

veyonce
12-28-2005, 12:45 AM
BBC America news just announced in their sports report that Nadal and Safin are looking doubtful for AO. Does anyone have any info?

Safin likely to miss Australian Open
By Trevor Robb

Perth - Defending champion Marat Safin is likely to miss this years Australian Open after failing to recover from tendinitis in his right knee, tournament director Paul McNamee said on Tuesday.

McNamee confirmed Safin had pulled out of the warm-up mixed teams Hopman Cup event starting on Friday and there were serious doubts that he would be fit for the Open, which starts in Melbourne on January 16.

"It would have to be a race against time for Marat now," McNamee said.

"Not playing in this tournament (Hopman Cup)... its been a very important part of his preparation for Melbourne so it certainly puts him behind the eight-ball.

"There's certainly a question mark there, a big question mark."

The knee injury also forced the big-hitting Russian out of November's season-ending Masters Cup in Shanghai.

McNamee said the world No 12 was still in the field for the Open but he found out on Christmas Eve that he would have to miss the Hopman Cup.

"He hasn't played for a few months," he said.

"I spoke to his management in Shanghai where he was also unable to play - he was about to get back on court but apparently still hasn't been able to get out there so thats making it pretty tough for him.

"It's very disappointing, especially given what he did in Australia last year."

Safin ended a 26-match winning streak for Switzerland's world No 1 Roger Federer in a marathon semifinal before beating Australian hero Lleyton Hewitt in the final of last years Australian Open.

Also questionable for the Open were Spain's Rafael Nadal, ranked No 2 in the world, and Maria Sharapova - the first Russian woman to achieve the No 1 ranking.

Nadal, who missed Shanghai with an injured left foot, has been forced out of the Chennai Open starting on January 2 due to the injury, which he first suffered in Madrid in October.

"There is no more information other than he's pulled out of Chennai," McNamee said.

"Fingers crossed there. He's obviously the No 2 for Melbourne and a pretty big guy there."

Sharapova, the 18-year-old now ranked fourth in the world, has withdrawn from the Australian Womens Hardcourt tournament at Queensland's Gold Coast starting on January 1 after playing an exhibition match in Japan last week.

She is suffering from a strain to her right shoulder and has returned to her base in the United States, rather than coming directly to Australia, which McNamee said was not an encouraging sign.

But McNamee said former Australian Open winner Andre Agassi, who was forced out of the Shanghai tournament after spraining his ankle, was on course to play in the Open.

"Andre is still on track to come down for Kooyong (the Kooyong Classic on grass in Melbourne starting on January 11) and the Australian Open," he said.

Safin's place on Russia's Hopman Cup team will be taken by unheralded 20-year-old Teimuraz Gabashvili.

He will pair with 2004 US Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova to represent Russia, and McNamee said the duo would retain the top seeding for the event.

A_Skywalker
12-28-2005, 06:11 AM
I doubt Nadal will not participate in AO , he didnt enter Chennai , cause he doesnt want unnessecarily risks . I am sure he will be ok for Sydney and AO .

mandoura
12-28-2005, 07:38 AM
(Nadal lost the exhibition by the way.)

Thank you CB. I was just going to ask about that but with the way the thread was going, I thought it was clearly off topic :lol: . Any idea about the score? :D

The Safinator
12-28-2005, 08:01 AM
I doubt Nadal will not participate in AO , he didnt enter Chennai , cause he doesnt want unnessecarily risks . I am sure he will be ok for Sydney and AO .
I think that Rafa will miss AO... like Safin :sad: :sad: Their injuries are serious so they must not make the things more serious. But I hope that Safin will play AO - I would like to see him again on the tennis court :)

Galaxystorm
12-28-2005, 09:45 AM
1) Nadal will play Sydney and Aus Open unless he has a relapse of his injury in the next days.

As i've posted on monday , he's practically recovered from his injury ( the pain is minimal ) and these days he's watching how his foot responds in the tough practises to make sure his foot is already ready to compete again .

That is , if the foot evolution is the same than Nadal expects, he will be in Sydney .

If someone is imagining Nadal as a lame person right now , this perception is utterly wrong since some days ago he's playing tough rallies with Moyà , running , forcing ...

2) It seems someone wrote in another messageboard that Nadal pulls out of Sydney .. . That new is utterly false since the decision isn't taken yet .

3) The new about his doubtful/uncertain presence in the Aus Open , it's just the typical new wrote by a journalist who hasn't privileged information about the player and he wrote the new only knowing that Nadal has pulled out of Chennai and from that new he starts to make conjectures .
And from that moment this new is translated into several languages and countries ( in Spain too ) because of the agencies and thus it seems Nadal is utterly lame :o

sonia
12-28-2005, 01:17 PM
1) Nadal will play Sydney and Aus Open unless he has a relapse of his injury in the next days.

As i've posted on monday , he's practically recovered from his injury ( the pain is minimal ) and these days he's watching how his foot responds in the tough practises to make sure his foot is already ready to compete again .

That is , if the foot evolution is the same than Nadal expects, he will be in Sydney .

If someone is imagining Nadal as a lame person right now , this perception is utterly wrong since some days ago he's playing tough rallies with Moyà , running , forcing ...

2) It seems someone wrote in another messageboard that Nadal pulls out of Sydney .. . That new is utterly false since the decision isn't taken yet .

3) The new about his doubtful/uncertain presence in the Aus Open , it's just the typical new wrote by a journalist who hasn't privileged information about the player and he wrote the new only knowing that Nadal has pulled out of Chennai and from that new he starts to make conjectures .
And from that moment this new is translated into several languages and countries ( in Spain too ) because of the agencies and thus it seems Nadal is utterly lame :o

:yeah:

amierin
12-28-2005, 01:19 PM
I think the exo score was 9-6 or something like that.

binkygirl
12-28-2005, 09:35 PM
What sort of foot injury does Rafa have? Is it involving a foot bone or a foot muscle?

Lopaka
12-30-2005, 05:04 AM
There are a lot of fingers crossed in the hopes Nadal will play at least the Australian Open. It seems a bit hard to believe he will try to be competative at the AO without Sydney as warm up.

Predicted January 1, 2006 temperatures: Sydney 90°f as a high
Mallorca 60°f as a high

Last we heard Rafa was still practicing in Manacor, if he is going to get acclimated, when is he going to leave for Australia. :confused:

Clara Bow
12-30-2005, 05:17 AM
Nice to see you here Lopaka! I love your warm, friendly posts on VR.com. :hug:

It seems a bit hard to believe he will try to be competative at the AO without Sydney as warm up.

I agree- I want him to get at least one tourney under his belt before the Aussie Open. He needs to get some match play in. He hasn't had a real match since Madrid.

Galaxystorm
12-30-2005, 11:34 AM
According to the spanish press, he is already recovered from his foot injury, but now he has a new problem :banghead:

In order to avoid new injuries in his feet , since more than a week ago he’s using special insoles to change the way of stepping and of bearing the weights for his feet , so because of these changes now he’s suffering a muscular overuse in both calfs since a few days ago , and this overuse can become in tedonitis .

According to Toni Nadal , Rafa is recovered from the foot injury but now the overuse problem is the main reason so that Nadal’s presence in Austrlia is up in the air at the moment . Toni says they are only gonna travel to Australia if Nadal is utterly healthy since he can’t play just thinking in passing the first round.

Poor boy :shrug:

http://www.marca.es/edicion/marca/tenis/es/desarrollo/604564.html

mallorn
12-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Oh dear. As soon as he recovers from one injury he gets another one. :sad: I suppose it must take some time for him to get used to the new insoles but in the meantime his Australian campaign is really not looking good at the moment. :sad:

Anyway, thanks for the updates, Galaxystorm. :hug:
Hi Lopaka, nice to see you here! :wavey:

Clara Bow
12-30-2005, 02:20 PM
According to the spanish press, he is already recovered from his foot injury, but now he has a new problem :banghead:

In order to avoid new injuries in his feet , since more than a week ago he’s using special insoles to change the way of stepping and of bearing the weights for his feet , so because of these changes now he’s suffering a muscular overuse in both calfs since a few days ago , and this overuse can become in tedonitis .

According to Toni Nadal , Rafa is recovered from the foot injury but now the overuse problem is the main reason so that Nadal’s presence in Austrlia is up in the air at the moment . Toni says they are only gonna travel to Australia if Nadal is utterly healthy since he can’t play just thinking in passing the first round.

Poor boy :shrug:

http://www.marca.es/edicion/marca/tenis/es/desarrollo/604564.html

Man, this stinks...this really stinks. :sad: One injury after another.

I imagine that it will take time for him to adjust to the insoles, because from the article it sounds like he has to change from his normal stance.

Sigh...I really hope he can play the Aussie Open.

Castafiore
12-30-2005, 03:57 PM
So, even if Rafa gets rid of all the injuries in time, he still faces an uphill battle in gaining a fitness level good enough to compete with?
:awww:

I hope he gets there.

Lopaka
12-30-2005, 04:47 PM
:wavey: Thanks for the welcome. I needed to get out more to see if there is a world beyond RN/VR. :lol:

Thanks Galaxystorm.

Poor Rafa growing older can really be the pits. :banghead: :hug: I've got my fingers crossed Rafa and the team follows Uncle Toni's lead and don't compete until they feel Rafa is back in good condition.

I'm still holding onto my wish for Rafa to use TTC Open as a conditioner for Indian Wells :yeah:

Galaxystorm
12-31-2005, 09:24 AM
According to mallorcan press Nadal will pull out of Sydney because of his new problem, the overuse in both calfs .