Madrid Will Host the AMS Until 2011 !!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Madrid Will Host the AMS Until 2011 !!!

Alvarillo
12-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Madrid AMS was looking for a main sponsor since the tournament moved from Stuttgart, and finally this year they have found it!
Mutua Madrileña, one of the most important car insurances companies in Spain will be the main sponsor and the nournament will be called:
"Mutua Madrileña Masters Madrid"

Mutua Madrileña is also a company of this region and also is one of the main sponsors of F-1 World Champion Fernando Alonso.
With this new, Madrid will organize the tournament at least until 2009.
great news for Spanish tennis fans !!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2005/12/20/tenis/1135098449.html

http://www.mutua-mad.es/webmma/jsp/home.jsp

http://www.tennis-masters-madrid.com/

*Ljubica*
12-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the news Alvarillo :) And it's not just good news for Spanish tennis fans - I love the Madrid Masters' and loads of other Brits I know come over every year for it too - it's a fantastic tournament - I'm already looking forward to 2006!

propi
12-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Madrid AMS was looking for a main sponsor since the tournament moved from Stuttgart, and finally this year they have found it!
Mutua Madrileña, one of the most important car insurances companies in Spain will be the main sponsor and the nournament will be called:

No exageres chico, ni Dios la conocía hasta este año :devil: :devil: :devil:

Great to see the tourney well tied for a couple of years :bounce:

alfonsojose
12-20-2005, 09:01 PM
:scratch: La compañia no suena tan grande. Y supongo que ahora las chicas recoje pelotas luciran una foto de un carro en sus tetas :rolleyes:

De todas formas, suerte para la gente de Madrid :)

NicoFan
12-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the info!!! Great news. I love the Madrid tournament too - someday I would love to go.

And cool that they sponsor Fernando Alonso too! He's my favorito F1 driver.

Deboogle!.
12-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Cool :D :yeah:

Doubles is gonna supposedly get a sponsorship soon, too!

Alvarillo
03-23-2006, 01:23 PM
The City of Madrid and Ion Tiriac (owner of the tournament) have signed today that Madrid will host the ATP Masters Series Madrid at least until 2011, in 2008 the tournament will be moved to the new tennis stadium, "Magic Box" that will have 3 main courts with roof like the Aussie Open.
This year and until 2009 the tournament will be called as his new main sponsor

http://www.marca.es/edicion/marca/tenis/es/desarrollo/631437.html

propi
03-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Madrid has been trying to get the mixed tourney for years... I hope they finally got it, it would make easier for me to see tennis stars live :bounce:
Plus the project about the Magic box is simply amazing, must be a great facility plus it could bring turists itself as it's supposed to be a great building, I hope Alvarillo manages to put some pics :)

Leo
03-23-2006, 04:49 PM
I miss when it was called the Madrid 2012 Masters in 2002. :p

RonE
03-23-2006, 05:01 PM
It's nice this tournament will finally have some form of stability. It has been moved around so often from venue to venue- first Stockholm, then Essen, then Stuttgart and then Madrid.

Is the reason that the tournament was moving around all these years because there were no main sponsors to the tournament up till now?

Sjengster
03-23-2006, 05:06 PM
MMMM..... forgive my exclamation of delight, but isn't that taking alliteration a touch too far?

Pigpen Stinks
03-23-2006, 05:19 PM
That's terrific, but the big question is are they bringing back those ball girls?

Alvarillo
03-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Madrid has been trying to get the mixed tourney for years... I hope they finally got it, it would make easier for me to see tennis stars live :bounce:
Plus the project about the Magic box is simply amazing, must be a great facility plus it could bring turists itself as it's supposed to be a great building, I hope Alvarillo manages to put some pics :)

Pics of the Magic Box !!!

NATAS81
03-25-2006, 06:46 PM
That is too sweet! :yeah: