Race Riots in Sidney

TennisLurker
12-18-2005, 03:12 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/tennislurker/cronullathugs21.jpg

:p

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 04:05 PM
:haha:

Who's the guy that's actually punching? He looks a hell of a lot like Steven Gerrard the footballer :eek:

Steve Irwin :cuckoo: / :worship:

Socket
12-18-2005, 04:07 PM
So you're from Argentina? Let's see whether you're in a position to mock.

Friday July 14, 1995

Argentinian Jews sad and wary at first anniversary of bombing

SERGIO KIERNAN
Jewish Telegraphic Agency

BUENOS AIRES -- In a sad and nervous mood, Argentine Jews anticipate the first anniversary of the bombing that gutted the Argentine Jewish Mutual Aid Association (AMIA).

On July 18, 1994, a powerful explosion destroyed AMIA's six-story main building on Pasteur Street in downtown Buenos Aires, killing 86 and wounding at least 300.

To mark the incident, Jewish community authorities will unveil a memorial monument at La Tablada cemetery, South America's largest Jewish graveyard, July 16. The memorial will stand near other monuments in the cemetery commemorating Holocaust victims and Warsaw Ghetto heroes.

Three major events are scheduled for the anniversary proper. At 9:50 a.m., the exact time of the explosion, a ceremony at the site on Pasteur Street will honor the dead and injured.

At 6 p.m., a demonstration will take place at a nearby square. All major Jewish organizations and groups as well as most Argentine political parties are calling on "all Argentines to attend and demand that justice be done."

Later that evening a memorial service will be held at the Liberty Street Synagogue, Buenos Aires' largest.

Dozens more events will mark the anniversary, as most Jewish community groups throughout the country are planning some form of commemoration.

But as the date approaches, Argentine Jews cannot hide a sense of despair and helplessness because an entire year's worth of investigation has yielded only three arrests and no conclusive explanation of the bombing.

President Carlos Menem's government has so far failed to get beyond accusing secondhand car dealer Carlos Alberto Telleldin of providing the van used as a car bomb, and arresting two of his business partners as alleged accomplices. These arrests occurred only recently, and reports of other arrests in the case remain unconfirmed.

Although Argentina denounced Iran as being behind the bombing and downgraded Argentine diplomatic representation in Teheran, Menem's government has not sustained the charges with any evidence.

The recent arrest of seven Lebanese nationals and a Brazilian citizen in Ciudad del Este, a notorious smuggling point in eastern Paraguay, has also not yielded any new information.

Paraguayan authorities have spent the last seven months considering Argentina's petition to extradite the eight suspects for interrogation.

Argentine Judge Roberto Marquevich accuses the Lebanese and the Brazilians of being linked to a neo-Nazi cell in Buenos Aires.

Marquevich has said there is evidence of "possible links between this cell and the AMIA bombing," but refused to discuss details.

The AMIA bombing was the worst attack in history against the 230,000-strong Argentine Jewish community.

In the wake of the attack, Jewish institutions, synagogues and schools have set up tight security systems including Belfast-style anti-car bomb concrete fences, closed-circuit TV cameras and private security personnel.

Behind bulletproof windows and reinforced concrete walls, Jewish life in Argentina has changed. Last year's AMIA bombing was not Buenos Aires' first episode of anti-Jewish terrorism. A bomb destroyed the Israeli embassy in 1992.

The haunting possibility of a third bombing in Buenos Aires makes Jews fear that their open and integrated way of life also died in last year's blast.

"It used to be that you did not feel different from other Argentines," said an Argentine Jewish woman, speaking on condition of anonymity.

"Most people still don't treat you any different on a personal level. But as a community, Jews are perceived by many as a potential problem," she said.

"People don't want to live near a Jewish institution, and we have metal detectors at my daughter's school. It is all very sad," she said.

Most Jews here agree that they do not fear fellow Argentines, and security measures are limited to community buildings, not private homes. Incidence of anti-Semitic acts has not risen during the past year.

But on the whole, Argentine Jews apparently do not trust that their government will solve the case and capture the bombers.

"The important issue is not to prove if Iran was or wasn't behind the bombing," said Horacio Lutzky, news director of Argentine Jewish cable TV station Alef Network and former editor of "Nueva Sion" (New Zion) magazine.

"What really matters is to find the local connection, those who provided intelligence, safe houses and support for the bombers," Lutzky said.

"I think they are former security agents that worked for Argentina's military dictators in the '70s and early '80s," he said. "They are torturers and fascists who keep up very good contacts in the police and security agencies. And, you know, fascists don't go after fascists."

Ruben Beraja, president of DAIA, the country's umbrella Jewish political organization, has so far not been openly critical of the government's handling of the case. But he, too, seems to be growing impatient.

In the past year, Beraja publicly spoke of "the importance of having our institutions doing their work, investigating and finding the culprits."

Beraja consistently refused to support those who hinted about the complicity of police and security agencies in the bombing.

"I know there are anti-Semites and people with Nazi sympathies in their ranks," he said recently, "but I think there are many other decent and law-abiding policemen and agents who want to solve the case."

But in a recent news conference, Beraja hinted he has changed his view.

"We were told that there will be major breakthroughs in the coming two or three months," he told an assembly of foreign and Argentine journalists.

"If that time goes by without further developments, we will denounce the situation here and abroad," Beraja warned.

And ten years later:

Ten Years Later - No Justice in Argentina Jewish Community Center Bombing

New York, NY, July 15, 2004…The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) expressed its frustration that ten years after the bombing of the AMIA, a Jewish Community Center in Buenos Aires, which killed 86 people, the perpetrators have not been brought to justice.

In a letter to Néstor Carlos Kirchner, Argentinean President, Barbara B. Balser, ADL National Chair, and Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director wrote:

On the 10th anniversary of the bombing of the Jewish community building in Buenos Aires, Argentina, we express our continued frustration that the perpetrators of the heinous attack have not been brought to justice.

We appreciate your efforts to renew the investigation into the bombing and address the concerns of the Jewish community in Argentina. However, while important progress has been made, no effort should be spared until justice is served for the 86 people who were killed and the hundreds that were wounded on that tragic day in July 1994.

We urge you to mobilize your Government to fully investigate and prosecute those responsible for these deaths.

People in glass houses . . .

shotgun
12-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Crocodile Dundee!! :rocker2:

TennisLurker
12-18-2005, 04:42 PM
dude, you are comparing a local mob to a hezbollah terrorist attack sponsored by Iran?

I just thought hewitts pic there was funny

lau
12-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Who's the guy that's actually punching?
Russell Crowe

And I know Socket that this thread might be offensive for you, but watching Russell Crowe there made me laught, specially after the "hotel incident". :lol:

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Russell Crowe

And I know Socket that this thread might be offensive for you, but watching Russell Crowe there made me laught, specially after the "hotel incident". :lol:
Oh so it is. Isn't he from New Zealand though :scratch:

lau
12-18-2005, 05:05 PM
As far as I know, yes :shrug:
That shows how seriously that pic should be taken ;) :p

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 05:07 PM
As far as I know, yes :shrug:
That shows how seriously that pic should be taken ;) :p
:lol: true. But Steve Irwin is in it :worship:

lau
12-18-2005, 05:12 PM
:lol: true. But Steve Irwin is in it :worship:
:lol: Only seeing his face makes me laught.... and the boxing kangaroo :haha:

Julio1974
12-18-2005, 05:12 PM

And ten years later:

What is the relevance of this in this thread? I remind you that there have been terrorist attacks also in the United States, in the UK, in Spain.

lau
12-18-2005, 05:15 PM
What is the relevance of this in this thread? I remind you that there have been terrorist attacks also in the United States, in the UK, in Spain.
I can understand Socket... it´s a sensitive issue. ;)

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 05:20 PM
:lol: Only seeing his face makes me laught.... and the boxing kangaroo :haha:
Hearing his voice makes me laugh as well. He is so Australian it's untrue.

FanOfHewitt
12-18-2005, 06:30 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/tennislurker/cronullathugs21.jpg

:p

Very fitting to have that racist Lleyton Hewitt there, his coach having Lebanese heritage and all.

jacobhiggins
12-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Hewitt said something and did something really stupid during the Blake match, and yes I do feel his emotions go the best of him and he did take a swipe at Blakes race, but he is not a racist and he i'm sure he's sorry about the whole incident and wants to put it behind him!

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Very fitting to have that racist Lleyton Hewitt there, his coach having Lebanese heritage and all.
Calm down son. The picture is basically just every Australian icon you can think of, he wasn't necessarily put in there because he's racist to be fair.

FanOfHewitt
12-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Calm down son. The picture is basically just every Australian icon you can think of, he wasn't necessarily put in there because he's racist to be fair.

Well, since he's up there with an 'Australian icon' like Pauline Hanson, I guess its ok then.

Fee
12-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Is that Delta Goodrem in the back corner? (Sorry, I know nothing of the Aussie stars).

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Is that Delta Goodrem in the back corner? (Sorry, I know nothing of the Aussie stars).
I think so, she looks a bit different though. Kylie isn't in the pic is she :scratch:

bad gambler
12-18-2005, 06:59 PM
you spelt Sydney incorrectly, jackass

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Is it Bolar Bolabi in the sunglasses? He's an Australian icon :p

Socket
12-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Yes, there have been, and none of them has involved official complacency and most likely complicity as is the case with the bombing in Argentina. The Australian government and public has reacted immediately properly to the mob, unlike the shoulder shrugging that characterized the response to the bombing in Argentina (does anybody think the reaction would be the same if a Catholic community center had been bombed?). So it's hardly becoming for anyone from Argentina to post a doctored photo that links well-known Aussies to the mob, the obvious implication being that Australians are racists who would happily beat Arabs.

lau
12-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Yes, there have been, and none of them has involved official complacency and most likely complicity as is the case with the bombing in Argentina. The Australian government and public has reacted immediately properly to the mob, unlike the shoulder shrugging that characterized the response to the bombing in Argentina (does anybody think the reaction would be the same if a Catholic community center had been bombed?) . So it's hardly becoming for anyone from Argentina to post a doctored photo that links well-known Aussies to the mob, the obvious implication being that Australians are racists who would happily beat Arabs.
Honestly, you don´t know what the Argentine public reaction was. ;)
And many things happened between the first and the second article you posted. Just as an example, many relatives of the victims are not very happy (to say the least) with Beraja (and he went to jail after the Banco Mayo bankruptcy, but that´s other story).

Socket
12-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Honestly, you don´t know what the Argentine public reaction was. ;)
And many things happened between the first and the second article you posted. Just as an example, many relatives of the victims are not very happy (to say the least) with Beraja (and he went to jail after the Banco Mayo bankruptcy, but that´s other story).
Oh, I monitor this much more closely than you would think, since I know people who died in the bombing. I guarantee you I know more about this incident, and the government has reacted, than most Argentines do, including you.

lau
12-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Oh, I monitor this much more closely than you would think, since I know people who died in the bombing. I guarantee you I know more about this incident, and the government has reacted, than most Argentines do, including you.
If you think so, fine... :)
And to answer your question, I think the Argentine public reaction would probably be the same if a Catholic community center had been bombed.

EDIT: BTW, I won´t defend Menem´s goverment, which is probably in the top 3 of the worst things that happened in Argentina in the 20th century. IMHO, he finished what the military dictatorship started.

Kristen
12-19-2005, 04:33 AM
It got a laugh out of me, til I read BG's comment... tsk tsk.

It's Pauline Hanson in the back corner, not Delta. Pauline was a very "pro-white Australia" politician for a while, later sent to jail for something dodgy within her party I think. Aside from the Xenophobic issues she had, and her whiny voice/most things she stood for...it was nice to see a female do reasonably well in politics here. Google "One Nation""Pauline Hanson" for more info if you want to read about bogan ethics. Google "Pauline Pantsdown""lyrics" to find a song which will teach you more about her :lol::lol:

azza
12-19-2005, 06:33 AM
Not fucking fun dickhead :rolleyes:

angelical
12-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Russell only seems to be from NZ when he's the press for doing something negative... :lol:

alfonsojose
12-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Socket's hormones are on a high. She's helping Becca to feed baby Mia :tape:

mangoes
12-19-2005, 02:40 PM

And ten years later:

You're comparing the two? There are idiots in every country that are racist and occasionally have their little "marches and riots". It's stupid but I'm sure those who lost family in the terrorist bombings would rather see a bunch of idiots marching, protesting and fighting vs bombing and killing their love ones. I can understand your deep love of Hewitt, but give me a break....... This was only someone's idea of a joke, however stupid, questionable or funny it may be.............

mangoes
12-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Yes, there have been, and none of them has involved official complacency and most likely complicity as is the case with the bombing in Argentina. The Australian government and public has reacted immediately properly to the mob, unlike the shoulder shrugging that characterized the response to the bombing in Argentina (does anybody think the reaction would be the same if a Catholic community center had been bombed?). So it's hardly becoming for anyone from Argentina to post a doctored photo that links well-known Aussies to the mob, the obvious implication being that Australians are racists who would happily beat Arabs.

Then you must have missed the news in America that refers to the burning of African American churches and buildings or various other hate crimes by racist bastards and the shoulder shrugging that many officials give in response.

Every country has it's own drama, unless you live there or are a historian specializing in that country's affairs, how do you know a country's response to its hate crimes?

Julio1974
12-19-2005, 04:00 PM
If you think so, fine... :)
And to answer your question, I think the Argentine public reaction would probably be the same if a Catholic community center had been bombed.

EDIT: BTW, I won´t defend Menem´s goverment, which is probably in the top 3 of the worst things that happened in Argentina in the 20th century. IMHO, he finished what the military dictatorship started.

Top 3????

I assume the first is the 1976-1983 military government. I wonder wht is the second

So Menem government was worse than Ogania? worse than Campora? Worse than Alfonsin? worse than Duhalde??? worse than De la Rua? worse than the 2nd government from Peron?

At least, even though all the mistakes in its economic policy and its unbearable corruption, it was a democratic government where a free press existed and dissent was not prosecuted. I cannot say the same now.

I wish every Argentine went at least once to Chile to see what a Latinamerican country can achieve, if it is ruled with honesty and long-run policies. But we still see Fidel Castro and Chavez as role model. We get what we deserve.

lau
12-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Top 3????

I assume the first is the 1976-1983 military government. I wonder wht is the second

So Menem government was worse than Ogania? worse than Campora? Worse than Alfonsin? worse than Duhalde??? worse than De la Rua? worse than the 2nd government from Peron?

At least, even though all the mistakes in its economic policy and its unbearable corruption, it was a democratic government where a free press existed and dissent was not prosecuted. I cannot say the same now.

I wish every Argentine went at least once to Chile to see what a Latinamerican country can achieve, if it is ruled with honesty and long-run policies. But we still see Fidel Castro and Chavez as role model. We get what we deserve.
Yes, the 1976-1983 military government is one of the 3 IMHO. And Menem was worse than Alfonsín, Duhalde (and De la Rua was the same shit Menem was but with less skills to IMO).
And I said it pretty clearly it was MY personal opinion. I won´t discuss politics in MTF.
And Chile is not a role role model for me, sorry (and I know very well Chile) :) (nothing against Chile, chileans... ;) :) )

Julio1974
12-19-2005, 04:13 PM

If you are implying that Argentina is a country with a tradition of antisemitism, you are right (unfortunately). However, I don't think jews are the main victims of discrimination in Argentina. In fact, Argentina welcomed them while many other countries rejected them during the 2 world war.
Argentine people is much more racist when it comes to people from Bolivia and Paraguay or people with dark skin ("los cabecitas negras") in general.

Julio1974
12-19-2005, 04:16 PM
I won´t discuss politics in MTF.
A)

Then you shouldn't make political comments, beucase you'll certainly get responses.

lau
12-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Then you shouldn't make political comments, beucase you'll certainly get responses.
I said it was my opinion. Next time I won´t give the reasons why I won´t defend by any means Menem´s goverment :) I learned the lesson ;)
The other reasons why I don´t discuss politics here is because it´s a sports board and because my English is not good enough for a serious politics discussion here.

Julio1974
12-19-2005, 04:27 PM
I said it was my opinion. Next time I won´t give the reasons why I won´t defend by any means Menem´s goverment :) I learned the lesson ;)
The other reasons why I don´t discuss politics here is because it´s a sports board and because my English is not good enough for a serious politics discussion here.

Lau,

disculpa si la respuesta parece un poco agresiva. Obviamente no fue la intencion. En este medio, es dificil a veces manejar el "tono" del mensaje.

lau
12-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Lau,

disculpa si la respuesta parece un poco agresiva. Obviamente no fue la intencion. En este medio, es dificil a veces manejar el "tono" del mensaje.
No hay problema :) Yo siempre intento no hablar de política acá, pero a veces es difícil encontrar el límite entre lo que es política y lo que no lo es. ;)

guy in sf
12-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Those shirtless Aussie rioters going crazy in the streets look like a bunch of mad trailer park rednecks. I don't even think most knew why they were running in the streets! Their DNA from outlawed British prisoners and criminals is starting to show.

DrJules
12-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Their DNA from outlawed British prisoners and criminals is starting to show.

You should avoid such comments unless you are sure about the basis of them. I have not heard criminal tendencies are transmitted in the DNA.

DrJules
12-19-2005, 05:29 PM
They you must have missed the news in America that refers to the burning of African American churches and buildings or various other hate crimes by racist bastards and the shoulder shrugging that many officials give in response.

Every country has it's own drama, unless you live there or are an historian specializing in that country's affairs, how do you know a country's response to its hate crimes?

Actions inspired by the Klu Klux Klan I guess.

lau
12-19-2005, 05:30 PM
You should avoid such comments unless you are sure about the basis of them. I have not heard criminal tendencies are transmitted in the DNA.
:yeah:

DrJules
12-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Top 3????

When you mention Chile I assume that you are ignoring the regime of Augusto Pinochet who had rather a lot of people executed and imprisoned after militarily taking power in 1973 with civilian rule returning in 1990.

alfonsojose
12-19-2005, 05:52 PM
WTF is doing this thread here?

lau
12-19-2005, 05:53 PM
WTF is doing this thread here?
:shrug:

But the boxing kangaroo in the first post is funny :p

Fee
12-19-2005, 08:26 PM
I agree with Alfonso, this thread should probably be moved to Non-tennis.

michelleg
12-19-2005, 08:35 PM
There was already a thread there regarding this topic.....but given the proliferation of useless threads as of late, nobody seems to be here minding the shop.

williaer
12-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Those shirtless Aussie rioters going crazy in the streets look like a bunch of mad trailer park rednecks. I don't even think most knew why they were running in the streets! Their DNA from outlawed British prisoners and criminals is starting to show.
what kind of comment is that?
mate, there's no need to trash our country - i'm positive that you americans have things/people/events that you're ashamed of and there's no need to go trashing other countries issues

guy in sf
12-19-2005, 10:10 PM

I used that phrase as a figure of speech to convey my observation on the wild white youth of Australia, whose mad faces do seem to project "racism" in my eyes.

Bolar Bolabi
12-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Is it Bolar Bolabi in the sunglasses? He's an Australian icon :p

:haha: I'll pay that one.

If I'm not an Australian icon now, I will be before I die!

shotgun
12-19-2005, 11:48 PM

You're a MTF icon. I'll give you that.

Federerthebest
12-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Their DNA from outlawed British prisoners and criminals is starting to show.

It is ignorant and hateful comments such as this which engender racial violence. Unless you were attempting to be ironic, in which case I applaud your razor-wit.

:retard:

Jim Jones
12-20-2005, 11:52 AM
I think that the moderators are all on holidays. Hence for this useless thread remaining in the tennis section. I say useless because there is already another thread on this topic.

adee-gee
12-20-2005, 04:37 PM

You're already an icon pal :worship:

alfonsojose
12-20-2005, 04:42 PM
i like aussies : all of them at L.A. Confidential :drool:

guy in sf
12-20-2005, 08:31 PM
"Their DNA from outlawed British prisoners and criminals is starting to show."

My quote is specifically about those young mad drunk lunatics who roamed the streets causing trouble and wrapping the Aussie flag on their bodies to protest against an incident they are soooooo far removed from. This is not an attack on the entire nation. If you feel offended, then perhaps you think I'm talking about you, which I'm not. Read my original post again.

shotgun
12-20-2005, 08:36 PM
"Their DNA from outlawed British prisoners and criminals is starting to show."

My quote is specifically about those young mad drunk lunatics who roamed the streets causing trouble and wrapping the Aussie flag on their bodies to protest against an incident they are soooooo far removed from. This is not an attack on the entire nation. If you feel offended, then perhaps you think I'm talking about you, which I'm not. Read my original post again.

What about the Aussies that descend from British criminals and prostitutes and were against this whole thing? You would say that their DNA is not showing? You shouldn't make fun of people because of their ancestors, their ancestry has little or nothing to do with their actions.

guy in sf
12-20-2005, 10:20 PM
What about the Aussies that descend from British criminals and prostitutes and were against this whole thing? You would say that their DNA is not showing? You shouldn't make fun of people because of their ancestors, their ancestry has little or nothing to do with their actions.

The Aussies who descended from British criminals and prostitutes" who are against the riots aren't the people I was writing about you fool! I was writing about the mad idiots who rampaged through the streets for nothing making very bad press for your country. The bad genes must have skipped in those who are sensible and intelligent enough to be against and ashamed of the riots. Hope I answered your questions and again, I'm NOT talking about every Aussie out there so if you're still offended then you must be one of those rioting lunatics I was talking about.

shotgun
12-20-2005, 11:19 PM
The Aussies who descended from British criminals and prostitutes" who are against the riots aren't the people I was writing about you fool! I was writing about the mad idiots who rampaged through the streets for nothing making very bad press for your country. The bad genes must have skipped in those who are sensible and intelligent enough to be against and ashamed of the riots. Hope I answered your questions and again, I'm NOT talking about every Aussie out there so if you're still offended then you must be one of those rioting lunatics I was talking about.

:lol:

Champ, I'm not questioning anything here, nor am I feeling offended, because I'm not from Australia. I'm just trying to explain to you that your comment was pretty infelicitous and prejudicial. Then again, now I understand that it wasn't your intention to make a discriminative comment on the Australian population, but if you can't understand why it was taken by everybody as one, then I guess I'm wasting my time here.

Bye.

Federerthebest
12-21-2005, 01:15 AM
My quote is specifically about those young mad drunk lunatics who roamed the streets causing trouble and wrapping the Aussie flag on their bodies to protest against an incident they are soooooo far removed from. This is not an attack on the entire nation.

So, what you are saying is that these persons' ancestries are to blame for their behaviour? How is that different from saying something akin to, "These people are first-generation Lebanese. Their anarchistic behaviour can be attributed to the fact that their parents likely participated in the Lebanon War", or, "This African man is subservient; this can be explained by the fact that his ancestors were slaves"? Get it through your head, moron; no matter how stupid their behaviour may be, attacking them based on their ancestry is in itself tantamount to racism or xenophobia. :rolleyes:

guy in sf
12-21-2005, 11:39 PM
So, what you are saying is that these persons' ancestries are to blame for their behaviour? How is that different from saying something akin to, "These people are first-generation Lebanese. Their anarchistic behaviour can be attributed to the fact that their parents likely participated in the Lebanon War", or, "This African man is subservient; this can be explained by the fact that his ancestors were slaves"? Get it through your head, moron; no matter how stupid their behaviour may be, attacking them based on their ancestry is in itself tantamount to racism or xenophobia. :rolleyes:

Your analogy of Africans being subvervient because their ancestors were slaves is very stupid and can't be compared to my statement about the rioting Aussies. Being slaves is not in anyone's genes, a certain people of another race came and made some Africans slaves so that can't be in their DNA, you are the moron, not me. Their are certain negative attributes in people's genetic makeup that carry on. Some Brits who got sent to Australia way back were prisoners, criminals, mental cases and social outcasts and there are studies that show these things are in the DNA and can be passed on, doesn't mean that GET passed on, just a possibility. Slavery is totally different!

Chloe le Bopper
12-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Wow. Some people have absolutely NO sense of humour. Lighten up, folks.

Smankyou
12-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Schapelle Corby and Chopper made me lol. Big lol.

Federerthebest
12-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Your analogy of Africans being subvervient because their ancestors were slaves is very stupid and can't be compared to my statement about the rioting Aussies. Being slaves is not in anyone's genes, a certain people of another race came and made some Africans slaves so that can't be in their DNA, you are the moron, not me. Their are certain negative attributes in people's genetic makeup that carry on. Some Brits who got sent to Australia way back were prisoners, criminals, mental cases and social outcasts and there are studies that show these things are in the DNA and can be passed on, doesn't mean that GET passed on, just a possibility. Slavery is totally different!

The analogy is not stupid at all. Your statement about the convicts who came to Australia being mental cases is false; the vast majority were simply tradesmen or agrarian workers who were convicted for petty crimes e.g. stealing bread. To imply that their genes were inferior because they came of a lower class is asinine. I am sure, you, in your ancestry, have people of a similar class. You also seem to suggest that criminality is an inherited trait; I'd like to see you prove this, given that it has been a disputed point for decades, and no conclusive evidence has been furnished towards its verisimilitude. :rolleyes:

:retard:

guy in sf
12-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Your analogy of slavery IS wrong, for the reasons I stated and if you were smart to begin with, we wouldn't be arguing like this.

Federerthebest
12-23-2005, 12:37 AM
Your analogy of slavery IS wrong, for the reasons I stated and if you were smart to begin with, we wouldn't be arguing like this.

State why it is wrong then, fool; I see you have no reasoned arguments by which to counter my rebuttal.

Let's sum up then:

1) You criticise racism by taking a xenophobic/racist mentality, arguing the Sydney-rioters' behaviour is due to their 'contaminated ancestry'.
2) Your argument that their behaviour is due to possible convict ancestry is an asinine proposition in the first place.

I guess your ancestors were mental patients. :lol: