Your Favorite Tennis Match-Ups [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Your Favorite Tennis Match-Ups

MisterQ
12-18-2005, 03:24 AM
Are there certain match-ups which you especially look forward to? Two players with an exciting history, who always seem to bring out the best in each other?

These are some of mine:

Andre Agassi vs. Roger Federer (RF leads 8-3)

Should two human beings be allowed to strike the ball this well? Can't they spread the talent around a bit?

Roger Federer vs. Marat Safin (RF leads 7-2)

This match-up is amazing for the same reason as the previous one. Just amazing striking of the ball.

Andre Agassi vs. Marat Safin (tied 3-3)

Scary shot-making, great baseline battles. The margin between these two is generally quite small.

Andre Agassi vs. Andy Roddick (AA leads 5-1)

A great serve against a great return. Although Andre leads the head-to-head comfortably, most of the matches have been very close.

Marat Safin vs. Lleyton Hewitt (MS leads 6-5)

These two have a great history. It has often been Hewitt's superior tactics against Safin's remarkable hitting, although when Safin plays smartly he is hard to handle.

David Nalbandian vs. Roger Federer (DN leads 6-4)

Does anyone else play against Roger so intelligently? David seems to make one wise decision after another, and displays remarkable finesse and precision.

Roger Federer vs. Rafael Nadal (RN leads 2-1)

The rivalry of the moment. Such a wonderful contrast of styles and on-court temperments.

Phunkadelicious
12-18-2005, 03:32 AM
Amer Delic vs. Bobby Reynolds!

Are there two better players on the tour right now!? I think not! Their head to head is even at 2 a piece, and they are going to have one of the great all time rivalries. Perhaps the rivalry of the century!

Federerthebest
12-18-2005, 03:46 AM
I think you covered the current rivalries very well. Some of the past match-ups that I enjoyed:

Borg/McEnroe, of course

Agassi/Sampras

Rafter/Agassi

Becker/Sampras

Lendl/Gilbert

Hola Mr. SK
12-18-2005, 04:00 AM
Andre Agassi vs. Steffi Graf (no official record available,I believe) ;)
and see the rest of matches in my siggy :p !