Is Fed disliked or his Fans? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is Fed disliked or his Fans?

Pages : [1] 2

Rafa = Fed Killa
12-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Roger doesn't bother me or other so called "Fed haters"

Some of his fans do.
Anytime he loses they have an excuse and they whine and cry.
If someone does good against Fed (Nadal) they insult the player (steroids)

I can never put myself in a group with the above people because they are the most childish and insecure tennis fans.

I enjoy the sport and no one can win every tournament.
Fed fan plz realize this.
If Nadal beat Fed does not mean Nadal is "evil" or on "steroids" or a "dirtballer" or that "clay sucks" and is "third world"
I can't cheer for a person who drives the above fanaticism which tries to undermine his competition.

etiage
12-17-2005, 09:27 AM
so?

every fanbase has a range of fans. roger just seems to have more here than other players, so there seems to be more fans of his that you are not a fan of.

krystlel
12-17-2005, 09:38 AM
It's not all of the fans obviously but whenever I go into a match thread that involves Federer and he's not playing right at his highest level, I always have to read about how Federer wasn't playing at his best (or some other excuse) whereas I don't notice that happening in threads about other players. Whenever he's not playing his best (which he shouldn't be expected to all the time), they use it as an excuse for the other player's achievements. It occurs even in matches where he wins convincingly and is mentioned in detail.

Edit: I'll add also that I haven't really noticed many Fed haters and that the threads related to him on MTF don't make any difference to what I think of him. (I enjoy watching him to an extent but don't really cheer him on.)

bokehlicious
12-17-2005, 09:48 AM
:scratch: What a :bs: off-season thread :o :rolleyes:

:silly: :zzz: :zzz:

Federerthebest
12-17-2005, 10:23 AM
Of course his fans aren't disliked. I'm the most popular guy on this board.

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 11:21 AM
It's not all of the fans obviously but whenever I go into a match thread that involves Federer and he's not playing right at his highest level, I always have to read about how Federer wasn't playing at his best (or some other excuse) whereas I don't notice that happening in threads about other players. Whenever he's not playing his best (which he shouldn't be expected to all the time), they use it as an excuse for the other player's achievements. It occurs even in matches where he wins convincingly and is mentioned in detail.

Edit: I'll add also that I haven't really noticed many Fed haters and that the threads related to him on MTF don't make any difference to what I think of him. (I enjoy watching him to an extent but don't really cheer him on).

For example, when he lost the final in Shanghai: Instead of the media congratulating David on his win, they commented extensively on Roger's loss. They were so distracted by all the records being broken, replaced, whatever, that they neglected to check out the action happening on court. Even the commentators were caught up.

Of course his fans aren't disliked. I'm the most popular guy on this board.

Yeah...as popular as shit on rye. ;)

Fergie
12-17-2005, 11:22 AM
:scratch: What a :bs: off-season thread :o :rolleyes:

:silly: :zzz: :zzz:
Yeah! :o :rolleyes:

krystlel
12-17-2005, 11:57 AM
For example, when he lost the final in Shanghai: Instead of the media congratulating David on his win, they commented extensively on Roger's loss. They were so distracted by all the records being broken, replaced, whatever, that they neglected to check out the action happening on court. Even the commentators were caught up.
Yeah, I was pretty annoyed with that. I mean, it was a huge achievement being one of only four players to beat Federer during the year and every single article that I read that wasn't from Argentina hardly gave David any credit. Federer got fatigued about two and a half hours later but it was a very tightly fought contest in the first two sets which could have went either way but the match itself wasn't commented on much. The articles were almost written as if anyone could have beaten him that day. (Admittedly the last sentence is an exaggeration but I'm thinking of that article from The Guardian in particular)

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I was pretty annoyed with that. I mean, it was a huge achievement being one of only four players to beat Federer during the year and every single article that I read that wasn't from Argentina hardly gave David any credit. Federer got fatigued about two and a half hours later and it was a very tightly fought contest in the first two sets which could have went either way but the match itself wasn't commented on much. The articles were written as if anyone could have beaten him that day. (I'm thinking of that article from The Guardian in particular)

The media treated David as an afterthought (if they thought about him at all) and just proceeded on with Roger, Roger, Roger. Don't get me wrong, I like Roger-a lot. But the spotlight should have been on the winner, and it wasn't.

adee-gee
12-17-2005, 12:04 PM
I actually think the thread starter has a point. If I'm honest, it's mainly Federer's "fans" that make me dislike him.

prima donna
12-17-2005, 12:06 PM
The media treated David as an afterthought (if they thought about him at all) and just proceeded on with Roger, Roger, Roger. Don't get me wrong, I like Roger-a lot. But the spotlight should have been on the winner, and it wasn't.

You go girl, let them know the deal.

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 12:08 PM
You go girl, let them know the deal.

:D

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 12:09 PM
I actually think the thread starter has a point. If I'm honest, it's mainly Federer's "fans" that make me dislike him.

Some of his fans make me wanna :banghead:, but that's the case with almost every fan base on the forum, right?

lau
12-17-2005, 12:13 PM
Some of his fans make me wanna :banghead:, but that's the case with almost every fan base on the forum, right?
I guess :shrug: itīs just that sometimes you feel there are many (fed trolls) :lol:
And, on the other hand, there are great Fed fans that are usually nice to other fans and they are good posters, but they canīt handle the situation when he loses. :)
Of course, there are Fed fans that are totally :cool: and they understand that heīll lose once in a while :p

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 12:19 PM
I guess :shrug: itīs just that sometimes you feel there are many (fed trolls) :lol:

I can name a few right off hand who bitched, whined, and trolled the board all day long when Roger lost the Shanghai final. It was a total disgrace to his real fans.

prima donna
12-17-2005, 12:22 PM
I can name a few right off hand who bitched, whined, and trolled the board all day long when Roger lost the Shanghai final. It was a total disgrace to his real fans.

Tell it like it is, girlfriend.

sigmagirl just comes out and lets you know what's on her mind, no beating around the bush or subliminal messaging. nothing fake about her. got to admire the fact that she holds her own.

lau
12-17-2005, 12:22 PM
I can name certain thread created by certain frustrated fan too :tape:

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 12:24 PM

OMG!! That was classic. Why doesn't anyone arrange for him to read at Barnes and Noble's children's hour? He would pull 'em in, that's for sure.

prima donna
12-17-2005, 12:27 PM
So, name it.

bad gambler
12-17-2005, 12:30 PM
that wacko, tournamente or something like that

what a nutjob

lau
12-17-2005, 12:30 PM
So, name it.
I thought everyone knew what I was talking about :shrug: Let me look for it... I donīt remember it exactly... I`ll post the link for you ;) :p Give me some time.

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 12:33 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=61075

Here it is....

lau
12-17-2005, 12:35 PM
:lol: thanks, I was coming to post the link...
Itīs a classic!

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 12:42 PM
If the rationale wasn't so flaky, it would have been an enjoyable read.

lau
12-17-2005, 12:50 PM
this makes me laugh everytime I read it
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2713200&postcount=26
:haha: :haha:

keep_er_lit!
12-17-2005, 12:56 PM
:haha: :haha:

That thread is hilarious - a part of me thinks that the poster is actually trying to be funny and smart, because it's unbelievable that anyone could be "disgusted" by any player after they lose one match.

Federerthebest
12-17-2005, 01:00 PM
For example, when he lost the final in Shanghai: Instead of the media congratulating David on his win, they commented extensively on Roger's loss.

Of course this was so, for David did not 'win' the match; Roger lost it.

Sjengster
12-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Of course this was so, for David did not 'win' the match; Roger lost it.

Just to remind you in case you weren't aware, you are the epitome of everything that has been mentioned negatively in this thread. I have scant respect for someone with a username like "Rafa=Fed Killa" (see my signature below), but even less for someone who can dismiss an entire category of player as "third world dirtballers".

Jimnik
12-17-2005, 01:28 PM

Some of his fans do.

I can never put myself in a group with the above people because they are the most childish and insecure tennis fans.

If Nadal beat Fed does not mean Nadal is "evil" or on "steroids" or a "dirtballer" or that "clay sucks" and is "third world"
I can't cheer for a person who drives the above fanaticism which tries to undermine his competition.
:yeah: Spot on!
I like Federer :worship: but some of his fans :mad:
Any small negative comment made about him and suddenly you've made half-a-dozen enemies.

In fairness, not all his fans are like this but some of them can be really sensitive.

adee-gee
12-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Just to remind you in case you weren't aware, you are the epitome of everything that has been mentioned negatively in this thread. I have scant respect for someone with a username like "Rafa=Fed Killa" (see my signature below), but even less for someone who can dismiss an entire category of player as "third world dirtballers".
:haha:

Sjengster, one of the more decent Federer fans :kiss:

adee-gee
12-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Kind of, obviously for each popular player you're going to get a few brainless fans. Federer seems to have the most by quite some distancethough in my humble opinion. I won't name names. 2nd place would probably have to go to Ljubicic and his army of crazy Croats ;)

gooner88
12-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I was pretty annoyed with that. I mean, it was a huge achievement being one of only four players to beat Federer during the year and every single article that I read that wasn't from Argentina hardly gave David any credit. Federer got fatigued about two and a half hours later but it was a very tightly fought contest in the first two sets which could have went either way but the match itself wasn't commented on much. The articles were almost written as if anyone could have beaten him that day. (Admittedly the last sentence is an exaggeration but I'm thinking of that article from The Guardian in particular)

I wasn't surprised by the reaction after Shanghai. Nalbo's always been overlooked the majority of the press outside Argentina. Every time he's won a big match this year the excuses have been flying around with little recognition to Nalbo's good play.
DC when he beat Hewitt: Hewitt was 'Flat' and had a wedding around the corner.
Masters Cup against Ljubicic: Ljubicic 'ran out of gas' and had a DC final to think about.
All the comments about the final have been well documented.

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 03:15 PM
I wasn't surprised by the reaction after Shanghai. Nalbo's always been overlooked the majority of the press outside Argentina. Every time he's won a big match this year the excuses have been flying around with little recognition to Nalbo's good play.
DC when he beat Hewitt: Hewitt was 'Flat' and had a wedding around the corner.
Masters Cup against Ljubicic: Ljubicic 'ran out of gas' and had a DC final to think about.
All the comments about the final have been well documented.

And for all the talk about David being overrated, he is severely underrated by the media.

Pea
12-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Am I the only person that doesn't see these "Fedtrolls" around? :confused:

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 03:20 PM

For now you don't because they're not going to post in a thread that clearly exposes them for what they are.

lau
12-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Probably ;) :p

For now you don't because they're not going to post in a thread that clearly exposes them for what they are.
At least one did it :lol:

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 03:31 PM
At least one did it :lol:

Oh, you're right....my bad. :o

adee-gee
12-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Would you like me to name a few to help you out......

Dirk, tennischick, 1sun, prima donna, Federerthebest, JMPower.....would you like me to go on? ;)

RonE
12-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Every fan base has has it's trolls. Rafa, Roddick and Coria for example do not lack much in that regard. The reason you see more so called Federer 'fans' trolling now is because he wins a lot of his matches and goes deep in just about every event. If you were around during the clay season there were quite a few Rafa trolls who were around while he was winning everything.

Going even further back, if you were around when Roddick was winning everything in the summer of 03 you will find many Roddick trolls.

To get a good idea of the real fan base of a player it is best to visit that player's forum. A large percentage of the trolls do not post in the fan forums but on GM and are what is known as 'bandwagoners' who will move on to other players once the player they root for starts to falter.

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Every fan base has has it's trolls. Rafa, Roddick and Coria for example do not lack much in that regard. The reason you see more so called Federer 'fans' trolling now is because he wins a lot of his matches and goes deep in just about every event. If you were around during the clay season there were quite a few Rafa trolls who were around while he was winning everything.

Going even further back, if you were around when Roddick was winning everything in the summer of 03 you will find many Roddick trolls.

To get a good idea of the real fan base of a player it is best to visit that player's forum. A large percentage of the trolls do not post in the fan forums but on GM and are what is known as 'bandwagoners' who will move on to other players once the player they root for starts to falter.

Unfortunately, the David fan base doesn't have trolls, as it were. We have lots of "closet fans" who talk about him but never visit or post on his forum.

RonE
12-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Unfortunately, the David fan base doesn't have trolls, as it were.

If he starts winning slams and big events on a consistent basis I guarantee you that will change. That is simply the nature of the beast- another reason why a successful player will have trolling supporters is because those posters will use that player as a vehicle with which to vent their fury against other players they dislike.

adee-gee
12-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Ron, I must confess you would've been on my Roger troll list a few months ago. I know better now though :D

RonE
12-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Ron, I must confess you would've been on my Roger troll list a few months ago. I know better now though :D

It would have been such an honour to be on your troll list :p

Just think- I could have been nominated for your biggest arseclown of MTF award but it was not meant to be. Oh the anguish! :banghead: ;)

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 04:13 PM
If he starts winning slams and big events on a consistent basis I guarantee you that will change.

As underrated as he is, I doubt it.

adee-gee
12-17-2005, 04:17 PM
It would have been such an honour to be on your troll list :p

Just think- I could have been nominated for your biggest arseclown of MTF award but it was not meant to be. Oh the anguish! :banghead: ;)
With such accomplished posters as Federerthebest as well. I'm sorry, your recent respectful comments about Nadal have convinced me you aren't on the same level as that genius.

Don't worry, it'll be coming back in 2006. I shall give you a WC into the draw if you wish ;)

RonE
12-17-2005, 04:23 PM
With such accomplished posters as Federerthebest as well. I'm sorry, your recent respectful comments about Nadal have convinced me you aren't on the same level as that genius.

Don't worry, it'll be coming back in 2006. I shall give you a WC into the draw if you wish ;)

Perhaps I can get back into your good graces once I get the chance to update my Piggy Roasting thread :D

adee-gee
12-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Perhaps I can get back into your good graces once I get the chance to update my Piggy Roasting thread :D
:lol: perhaps, you've got a lot of catching up to do.

RonE
12-17-2005, 04:27 PM
:lol: perhaps, you've got a lot of catching up to do.

I will need some help from Rafa to lose a few matches :angel:

adee-gee
12-17-2005, 04:28 PM
I will need some help from Rafa to lose a few matches :angel:
Apparently he can't play on hard courts, so you should get quite a lot coming up ;)

mangoes
12-17-2005, 05:16 PM

Some of his fans do.

So do some of Nadal fans :rolleyes:

mangoes
12-17-2005, 05:18 PM

At the end of the day, the fact still remains Roger was not at 100%. There aren't many ways to twist that fact. Nalby saw an opportunity and didn't let it slip through his fingers and he should be congratulated for that and ultimately his win. Some other players would have choked. Nevertheless, I don't know many people on this board would put money on Nalby vs a 100% Roger.

tangerine_dream
12-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Duh. That's because you ARE one. :spit: :haha: :rolls: :sobbing: :lol:

Dirk
12-17-2005, 06:02 PM
As underrated as he is, I doubt it.

He won't be underrated if he did. Some fans like myself had huge problems with David as the Cup winner but I have gotten over it and I actually hopes he backs it up because nothing pissed us Federer fans off more than Saffy going back under a rock after his Oz win.

Pea
12-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Duh. That's because you ARE one. :spit: :haha: :rolls: :sobbing: :lol:

Says the queen of the trolls around here. Love ya, you disposable jizzrag.:kiss:

Dirk
12-17-2005, 06:17 PM
Says the queen of the trolls around here. Love ya, you disposable jizzrag.:kiss:

She is the worst troll of all because she pretends to like Roger but once he surpassed her baby boy Andy (something she never wanted or thought would happen) she trashes Roger and his fans.

Pea
12-17-2005, 06:22 PM
She is the worst troll of all because she pretends to like Roger but once he surpassed her baby boy Andy (something she never wanted or thought would happen) she trashes Roger and his fans.

:o You can't blame her. It's the only way to make up for duckboy's failures.:sobbing:

Tangy, you fail life. :sad:

Dirk
12-17-2005, 06:24 PM
:o You can't blame her. It's the only way to make up for duckboy's failures.:sob:

and to make her life slightly less miserable. :rolls: :haha:

ca1houn
12-17-2005, 07:38 PM
So do some of Nadal fans :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Exactly
When Nadal loss to Blake his fans used every excuse under the sun

lau
12-17-2005, 07:57 PM
I guess SOME Nadal fans probably used the same excuses SOME Fed fans used when he lost, too :) ;)
No oneīs a saint here. Itīs just that sometimes certain trolls from some fan bases seem to be more active than others :p (and itīs absolutely true that some fan bases have more trolls than others, that doesnīt mean there are no trolls in certain ones)

jacobhiggins
12-17-2005, 08:03 PM
I think a lot of his fans say crazy things because Federer at his best is unmatched. His talent is far and away the best in the game, so he really shouldn't lose a match. But nobody is perfect and when he loses a match you get a sense of , well damn that sucks, he should have won it and it is true. People need to realize nobody is perfect and people make mistakes. Don't come out with outrageous claims about other players unless it's true and is a real issue (Puerta's investigation and doping charges)! If your player loses fair and square, they lose fair in square, BUT, if they really do have an injury don't say it's an excuse either! His Nadal loss and his loss to Gasquet he was perfectly fine. The Master Cup and the AO I do think his two injuries played a small part in the match! Both injuries were commented on well before each of the matches so it wasn't an excuse brought up after the match! That had nothing to do with Safin or David though. Federer was slightly injured in the match, David and Safin played Great, Federer lost, David and Safin beat Federer, David and Safin are recongized, end of story move on!!!

lau
12-17-2005, 08:14 PM
I think a lot of his fans say crazy things because Federer at his best is unmatched. His talent is far and away the best in the game,so he really shouldn't lose a match. But nobody is perfect and when he loses a match you get a sense of , well damn that sucks, he should have won it and it is true. People need to realize nobody is perfect and people make mistakes. Don't come out with outrageous claims about other players unless it's true and is a real issue (Puerta's investigation and doping charges)! If your player loses fair and square, they lose fair in square, BUT, if they really do have an injury don't say it's an excuse either!
I disagree with that. ATP tour would be very different if each player played at his best. ;) Marat should have won tons of matches he didnīt ;) It really bothers me when someone says "that was not the real Federer" (yes, it was the real Federer and in very very few days certain players might be better than him) or "he was injured" (for the case, Marat was already injured in the Halle final ;) So, it was not Federer playing better, but Marat being injured :p If he went on court and didnīt retire, he was healthy enough to play) to take all the credit away from the other player.
Probably Fed attracts trolls because heīs such an incredible player and hardly loses a match :shrug: I donīt know...
BTW, :lol: I see how this will move from Nadal fans to Puertaīs doping allegations :lol: )(just teasing) ;)

EDIT: Before someone mentions it, I name Marat to show the same situation, but exaggerated.... IT IS "the real Marat" sometimes losing terrible matches, so why wouldnīt it be "the real Roger" losing some matches,too? ;)

bokehlicious
12-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Please, can any non bias tennis fan explain me why you are considered as a fed-troll when you say he's actually the best on tour ? Did I missed something, he's not the number one anymore ? :shrug: Maybe adee-gee has an answer... :rolleyes:

lau
12-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Please, can any non bias tennis fan explain me why you are considered as a fed-troll when you say he's actually the best on tour ? Did I missed something, he's not the number one anymore ? :shrug: Maybe adee-gee has an answer... :rolleyes:
I admit that and I can hardly be a fed-troll :shrug: :lol:

prima donna
12-17-2005, 08:43 PM

Anyone that fits any of the following can apply for "Fed-Troll" or "Fedtard" status:

1). You support Roger.
2). You go there. Yes. There. When I say there, I mean that discussion and fact involving clay and the champions it's produced... or well ... you say that you just don't like it.
3). You haven't ordered your Vamos! coffee mug from Nadal's site.
4). You're opinionated in any form and prefer facts over opinions.

I think it's people with extremely liberal views, that like to put people in groups and base their thoughts on feelings & emotions making these remarks.

I've been called a Fed-Troll plenty of times, yet aside from GWH and a few other posters, more tennis I have forgotten then what they know on their best day.

Ironic part is, I support Richard Gasquet and I enjoy the Czech boy (Tomas Berdych), simply because I have to point out the flaws in Nadal's "#2 worthy" resume, I have been deemed a troll by a few.

Some on this board live in denial.

lau
12-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Anyone that fits any of the following can apply for "Fed-Troll" or "Fedtard" status:

1). You support Roger.
2). You go there. Yes. There. When I say there, I mean that discussion and fact involving clay and the champions it's produced... or well ... you say that you just don't like it.
3). You haven't ordered your Vamos! coffee mug from Nadal's site.
4). You're opinionated in any form and prefer facts over opinions.

:eek: I`m a fed-troll after all :sad:

:p ;)

prima donna
12-17-2005, 08:52 PM

:wavey: Ron

You're right, but then again you never know if someone maybe has a login on Roger's site and chats on those boards, which make his MTF Forum look like a hole in the wall, atleast in size.

I don't know. I subscribed to it and my first post was there, but since then I've abandoned it except for photos posted or articles mirkaland might add. Mostly chat going on, but this is the off-season. Not much to say about tennis or Roger, unless one chooses to speculate on his secret hideaway.

Just food for thought.

jacobhiggins
12-17-2005, 09:33 PM
I've seen a lot of players play, including Marat, and i've nothing i've seen has showed me Marat is as good as Federer.Alot of Marat's losses stems from the fact that his forehand and backhands are sloppy and he does not have a mental game, it's not a physical problem! I'm a Federer fan but I like other players as well, some people do seem to go overboard! You can't be the best without some fanactical people on both sides of the track! But the best player are always the most hated and well liked and that proves to be the case for Federer! Federer is both probablly one of the most well liked and he certainly is one of the most hated on every forum there is!!! I've always liked Federer because he was never really the pretty boy or the golden boy. He became acknowledged because of his results, not because of the way he looked or how well he was liked! Roddick and Nadal while both very good and deserve to be considered some of the best, came up in a little different way then Federer did! They were much more well liked and there minor faults were written off by many tennis writers and fans while Federer didn't have as much of a cushion for his defeats and mistakes in matches! Only a few writers were talking about the coming of Federer unlike some of the young hot players today who are signing big sized contracts and are getting plastered all over the tv screens and tennis magazines!!!

sigmagirl91
12-17-2005, 09:34 PM
He won't be underrated if he did. Some fans like myself had huge problems with David as the Cup winner but I have gotten over it and I actually hopes he backs it up because nothing pissed us Federer fans off more than Saffy going back under a rock after his Oz win.

As I recall, Dirk, you were the only so-called Roger fan who got on here all hot and bothered by it. You even tossed in a few uncomplimentary comments for good measure.

shotgun
12-17-2005, 09:42 PM
Generally speaking, both Federer and Nadal fans are spoiled. They're so used to see their idols winning, that when they lose, their fans behave as 10-year-old children who were denied a piece of cake. This applies to Roddick and Hewitt fans in a minor scale, too.

lau
12-17-2005, 09:44 PM
I've seen a lot of players play, including Marat, and i've nothing i've seen has showed me Marat is as good as Federer. Alot of Marat's losses stems from the fact that his forehand and backhands are sloppy and he does not have a mental game, it's not a physical problem! I'm a Federer fan but I like other players as well, some people do seem to go overboard! You can't be the best without some fanactical people on both sides of the track! But the best player are always the most hated and well liked and that proves to be the case for Federer! Federer is both probablly one of the most well liked and he certainly is one of the most hated on every forum there is!!! I've always liked Federer because he was never really the pretty boy or the golden boy. He became acknowledged because of his results, not because of the way he looked or how well he was liked! Roddick and Nadal while both very good and deserve to be some of the best, came up in a little different way then Federer did!
I never said he was better or as good as Fed :shrug: and I was not talking about tennis, but about some fans making comments here after their faves lose and how sometimes I donīt see those fans giving any credit (in fact, they "take credit away" I donīt know if this is the right expression) to the winner, but giving excuses :) And I said I was exaggerating the situation ;)

Generally speaking, both Federer and Nadal fans are spoiled. They're so used to see their idols winning, that when they lose, their fans behave as 10-year-old children who were denied a piece of cake. This applies to Roddick and Hewitt fans in a minor scale, too.
I agree, although I would say "some fans" instead of "generally speaking". ;)

shotgun
12-17-2005, 09:58 PM
I agree, although I would say "some fans" instead of "generally speaking". ;)

That's what I meant actually, but I was too lazy to change the phrase structure. :p

heya
12-18-2005, 01:37 AM
Truth only comes out of Federer fans' mouths.
That's hilarious. A former Roddick supporter claims that there were many trolls 2 years ago.
How convenient.
Yes, according to some NONTROLLS, Rafa is a dirt baller. :bigcry:
Indeed, dogs & people are trolls because they've seen Federer win so easily!

Rafa = Fed Killa
12-18-2005, 01:44 AM
"Fed trolls" are:

1) fans who always have an excuse whenever Fed loses
2) Fed fans who have to insult players who beat Fed
3) Fed fans who insult tournaments and surfaces because Fed lost on them

Normal Fed fans are:

1) fans who cheer for Fed because he is an amazing tennis talent
2) who accept that no one is perfect
3) who see beauty in the games of others and realize saying another player is good is not the same as saying Fed is bad

nkhera1
12-18-2005, 02:19 AM
Federer himself is an amazing tennis player anyway you look at it, but many of his fans annoy me because you can clearly see they only like him because he is good. I mean I respect him because he is a great player but that doesn't necessarily mean i root for him.

Federerthebest
12-18-2005, 03:22 AM
I have scant respect for someone with a username like "Rafa=Fed Killa" (see my signature below), but even less for someone who can dismiss an entire category of player as "third world dirtballers".

Your respect is important to me. :hug:

RogiFan88
12-18-2005, 02:15 PM
I've seen a lot of players play, including Marat, and i've nothing i've seen has showed me Marat is as good as Federer.Alot of Marat's losses stems from the fact that his forehand and backhands are sloppy and he does not have a mental game, it's not a physical problem! I'm a Federer fan but I like other players as well, some people do seem to go overboard! You can't be the best without some fanactical people on both sides of the track! But the best player are always the most hated and well liked and that proves to be the case for Federer! Federer is both probablly one of the most well liked and he certainly is one of the most hated on every forum there is!!! I've always liked Federer because he was never really the pretty boy or the golden boy. He became acknowledged because of his results, not because of the way he looked or how well he was liked! Roddick and Nadal while both very good and deserve to be considered some of the best, came up in a little different way then Federer did! They were much more well liked and there minor faults were written off by many tennis writers and fans while Federer didn't have as much of a cushion for his defeats and mistakes in matches! Only a few writers were talking about the coming of Federer unlike some of the young hot players today who are signing big sized contracts and are getting plastered all over the tv screens and tennis magazines!!!

I have a small request: can you pls post in smaller paragraphs instead of one BIG paragraph. That way I w be more inclined to read your posts. It's only for readability. Thank you. ;)

Sjengster
12-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Federer himself is an amazing tennis player anyway you look at it, but many of his fans annoy me because you can clearly see they only like him because he is good. I mean I respect him because he is a great player but that doesn't necessarily mean i root for him.

That's hardly a surprise, I only like him because he's good. However, I don't mean that in the same way you do - I like him because his tennis is good, which is a reasonable enough criterion for anyone to support any player. That said, I won't deny that winning a lot certainly helps to sustain your support for said player. ;) Next year will be very interesting in that regard, I sense a comedown of sorts.

Dirk
12-18-2005, 04:30 PM
As I recall, Dirk, you were the only so-called Roger fan who got on here all hot and bothered by it. You even tossed in a few uncomplimentary comments for good measure.

A fan has got to vent besides it irked a lot of fans that suddenly David MADE IT ON THE A -LIST. He has a lot more to do to prove that he is not overrated. I am sure you wouldn't want this Cup win of his to be all for nothing.

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Exactly
When Nadal loss to Blake his fans used every excuse under the sun
Absolute nonsense. I think the general consensus was that Nadal was outplayed by a seriously in-form Blake that day. Could you perhaps name all these excuses under the sun which were used?

yanchr
12-18-2005, 05:00 PM
While some Fed fans are annoying to some, some other players' fans are annoying to me too. I can name quite a few names that I have basically nothing against but their fans are dirting their images. And it's periodical. Often they pop up when their player is being hot, and they somewhat disappear when their player is down.

For me it's quite natural that some Fed fans can stir such a big wave here even if they are thought of annoying to many, because Fed is so hot and good, in present tense. I'm quite sure when he is down in his results and achievements, there will be far fewer so called Fed trolls and HATAS.

When sb turns out to be too good, maybe unconscious arrogance is not avoidable, but unconscious jealousy is also not avoidable, I mean, in fans.

Let's wait and see who will be the next big bird, to Federer and some 'Fed trolls'. And in this sense, I'd love him to be hated because of some 'Fed trolls'.

Clara Bow
12-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Absolute nonsense. I think the general consensus was that Nadal was outplayed by a seriously in-form Blake that day. Could you perhaps name all these excuses under the sun which were used?

I agree. Most fans seemed to think that Nadal lost because Blake was James was simply put the much better player that day. In my opinion- Nadal did not play well. But that is not the same as saying that Blake did not deserve to win. Nadal did not play well because Blake simply didn't let him. Blake was too good- he was on fire that day. That seemed to be the general consensus amoung most Nadal fans so I fail to see how acknowleding that the better player won is offering "evey excuse under the sun."

One thing that I have noticed sometimes is that it can be difficult to compliment a player besides Federer (unless it is maybe Gasquet) without some Federer fans, perhaps in their overenthusiasm- thinking that praising player A means that you are bashing Federer. And then said overenthusiastic Federer fans post how player A is no good and Federer is the best. Even though the original poster praising player A was in no means bashing Federer or even comparing the player to Federer- they were just praising player A on their own merits. I am a big fan of Federer, but I also enjoy the attributes of some other players. I don't think that praising different players for their attributes is taking away anything from Federer.

lau
12-18-2005, 05:29 PM
A fan has got to vent besides it irked a lot of fans that suddenly David MADE IT ON THE A -LIST. He has a lot more to do to prove that he is not overrated. I am sure you wouldn't want this Cup win of his to be all for nothing.
He already won the Vilas Cup, the Indoor Master Tennis 2005, and he`ll win the Copa Argentina de Tenis today (and he`ll win the Copa Conrad too) :nerner: The guy is on a roll!! :rolls: :lol:

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 06:27 PM
I agree. Most fans seemed to think that Nadal lost because Blake was James was simply put the much better player that day. In my opinion- Nadal did not play well. But that is not the same as saying that Blake did not deserve to win. Nadal did not play well because Blake simply didn't let him. Blake was too good- he was on fire that day. That seemed to be the general consensus amoung most Nadal fans so I fail to see how acknowleding that the better player won is offering "evey excuse under the sun." .
Indeed :)

One thing that I have noticed sometimes is that it can be difficult to compliment a player besides Federer (unless it is maybe Gasquet) without some Federer fans, perhaps in their overenthusiasm- thinking that praising player A means that you are bashing Federer. And then said overenthusiastic Federer fans post how player A is no good and Federer is the best. Even though the original poster praising player A was in no means bashing Federer or even comparing the player to Federer- they were just praising player A on their own merits. I am a big fan of Federer, but I also enjoy the attributes of some other players. I don't think that praising different players for their attributes is taking away anything from Federer.
Federer is no.1 in the world, no-one disputes that. What annoys me is many of his fans on here seem to think that gives him a divine right to win every match he plays. If he doesn't win, it is usually "because he was injured" or something along those lines. Very rarely will 'his fans' on here simply hold up their hands and say he was outplayed on the day. It's not that hard a theory, he can't play to his maximum potential every match, hence he is likely to be outplayed on certain occasions :shrug:

ExpectedWinner
12-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Federer himself is an amazing tennis player anyway you look at it, but many of his fans annoy me because you can clearly see they only like him because he is good.

Yes, it should be considered a crime! :rolleyes: For what am I supposed to like a player, if not for his tennis? I'm not the one who is drooling over male players looks. Also, I 'm not going to fall for a "great human being" thing of a total stranger. IMO, the most ridiculous fans are those who write daily endless essays about player's X great off court personality and ahem, some prominent body parts.

jacobhiggins
12-18-2005, 07:26 PM
It wouldn't be hard for Federer fans to admit that, but when he does lose, more often then not people will say....see he's not that good, or Safin is more talanted, or Nadal is the new number 1. Those crazy untrue comments like that is what trigger the insecurities of the rabid Federer fans. None of those things are true but the people on the otherside of the track like to bash Federer when he loses and that incites the Freako Fed fans!!!

star
12-18-2005, 07:47 PM

Some of his fans do.

Is this a case of "don't hate the player; hate the fans" ??

star
12-18-2005, 07:50 PM
It wouldn't be hard for Federer fans to admit that, but when he does lose, more often then not people will say....see he's not that good, or Safin is more talanted, or Nadal is the new number 1. Those crazy untrue comments like that is what trigger the insecurities of the rabid Federer fans. None of those things are true but the people on the otherside of the track like to bash Federer when he loses and that incites the Freako Fed fans!!!

How can Federer's fans be insecure -- unless they are unhinged to begin with of course -- when he wins nearly every tournament he enters? That seems far fetched to me to say his fans are insecure.

I haven't seen any bashing of Federer on this fourm at all. He isn't called any names and his talent is respected by all -- even those who aren't fans. I haven't seen anyone claiming others are more talented -- only that Federer does have a very few weaknesses and there are some out there who can take advantage once in a while.

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 07:51 PM
I haven't seen anyone claiming others are more talented
I claimed that Safin is more talented :cool:

star
12-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Yes, it should be considered a crime! :rolleyes: For what am I supposed to like a player, if not for his tennis? I'm not the one who is drooling over male players looks. Also, I 'm not going to fall for a "great human being" thing of a total stranger. IMO, the most ridiculous fans are those who write daily endless essays about player's X great off court personality and ahem, some prominent body parts.

Well, yes. Don't we have a locker room report that let us know that Roger does lack in that department? :lol:

jacobhiggins
12-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Adee-gee, you have your opinion and I don't mind it but when Rabid fans see that (even though your opinion has no basis really lol) they get nuts and want blood! I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opionion but that it's that wishful thinking and no proof opinion that gets the crazies mad, i'm not mad though don't worry lol!

Dirk
12-18-2005, 08:02 PM
He already won the Vilas Cup, the Indoor Master Tennis 2005, and he`ll win the Copa Argentina de Tenis today (and he`ll win the Copa Conrad too) :nerner: The guy is on a roll!! :rolls: :lol:

OZ HEEEEERRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEESSSS DAVID!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

ExpectedWinner
12-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Well, yes. Don't we have a locker room report that let us know that Roger does lack in that department? :lol:

What department? Under "prominent body parts" I meant noses. I have no idea what thoughts my post has triggered in your head. :D

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Adee-gee, you have your opinion and I don't mind it but when Rabid fans see that (even though your opinion has no basis really lol) they get nuts and want blood! I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opionion but that it's that wishful thinking and no proof opinion that gets the crazies mad, i'm not mad though don't worry lol!
Who or what is Rabid?

Which opinion in particular were you talking about? Safin having more talent than Roger? I don't think it is wishful thinking, in my opinion Safin is more naturally gifted and talented than Federer, he just doesn't use it as well/hasn't worked as hard as Federer

Dirk
12-18-2005, 08:07 PM

I don't want Adam's blood, if he has Carla's number I will gladly take that but Federer fans just respond by saying no Roger has a better everything apart from driving the BH and maybe serve. That is what I at least say.

Dirk
12-18-2005, 08:09 PM
Who or what is Rabid?

Which opinion in particular were you talking about? Safin having more talent than Roger? I don't think it is wishful thinking, in my opinion Safin is more naturally gifted and talented than Federer, he just doesn't use it as well/hasn't worked as hard as Federer

Which weapons of his are stronger than Roger's apart from driving the BH and perhaps serve. I could occasionally see return, to me that one is more debatable than serve.

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 08:10 PM
I don't want Adam's blood, if he has Carla's number I will gladly take that but Federer fans just respond by saying no Roger has a better everything apart from driving the BH and maybe serve. That is what I at least say.
:haha: not yet, I'll woo her if she comes to Wimbledon though.

Skyward
12-18-2005, 08:11 PM
I haven't seen any bashing of Federer on this fourm at all. He isn't called any names

:lol: Read this thread http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=43927&page=1&pp=15

adee-gee
Which weapons of his are stronger than Roger's apart from driving the BH and perhaps serve. I could occasionally see return, to me that one is more debatable than serve.
Weapons and talent are different things though.

Dirk
:haha: not yet, I'll woo her if she comes to Wimbledon though.

You live in France so why not go to RG instead. Let's be honest you will see her more there than at Wimbledon.

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 08:12 PM
:lol: Read this thread http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=43927&page=1&pp=15
Jogy doesn't count :o

Dirk
12-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Weapons and talent are different things though.

No they are not. You need to have talent to make something into a weapon. If you are saying Saffy has more to improve than Roger then yes you are correct but Roger is far better than Saffy at too many things in the game. You can call "focus" a talent too.

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 08:14 PM
You live in France so why not go to RG instead. Let's be honest you will see her more there than at Wimbledon.
:lol: I don't live in France, I'm just vFrench for a short period. I live in England!

Dirk
12-18-2005, 08:16 PM
:lol: I don't live in France, I'm just vFrench for a short period. I live in England!

Well you should go to RG instead if you can because she will be in Paris longer than she will be in London.

I can understand fully why the press says Coria has no friends. WHO WOULD WANT FRIENDS WHEN YOU ARE MARRIED TO HER!!!! :hearts: :devil:

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 08:17 PM
No they are not. You need to have talent to make something into a weapon. If you are saying Saffy has more to improve than Roger then yes you are correct but Roger is far better than Saffy at too many things in the game. You can call "focus" a talent too.
It depends how you define talent. Personally I take it to mean if you are naturally gifted....I'd say Safin is more gifted than Federer, but Federer has more drive and will to improve, hence he's become the better player.

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 08:18 PM
Well you should go to RG instead if you can because she will be in Paris longer than she will be in London.

I can understand fully why the press says Coria has no friends. WHO WOULD WANT FRIENDS WHEN YOU ARE MARRIED TO HER!!!! :hearts: :devil:
:lol: the way Guille is playing she won't be at RG for long either :o

Paris is a possibility, we'll have to see closer to the time though....

And :haha: couldn't agree more :yeah:

Dirk
12-18-2005, 08:19 PM
It depends how you define talent. Personally I take it to mean if you are naturally gifted....I'd say Safin is more gifted than Federer, but Federer has more drive and will to improve, hence he's become the better player.

Why have you come to that conclusion? When has Saffy ever shown you that he has more talent than Roger? I do think Saffy can get better at more things than Roger and turn his career around if he remains healthy.

Skyward
12-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Jogy doesn't count :o

In fact, the most "interesting" statement in that thread belongs to JMG.

Dirk
12-18-2005, 08:21 PM
:lol: the way Guille is playing she won't be at RG for long either :o

Paris is a possibility, we'll have to see closer to the time though....

And :haha: couldn't agree more :yeah:

I think he will have a good 06. He is fun to watch and I don't see many of his antics because I don't get clay masters. Coria might never win as much as Roger but he goes home to the real trophy at the end of the day. She is study Economics so after Coria retires she can look after their money. BEAUTY AND BRAINS :inlove:

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Why have you come to that conclusion? When has Saffy ever shown you that he has more talent than Roger? I do think Saffy can get better at more things than Roger and turn his career around if he remains healthy.
Some of the stuff he plays, you can't teach it. It's just pure raw ability. I'm not even a Safin fan in all honesty but I've got to say, he's seriously gifted. He's badly underachieving I reckon (I know he's had injuries recently, but still...). Before Safin fans get annoyed with that, I know he's still having a great career so far, but he should've done even better.

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 08:24 PM
In fact, the most "interesting" statement in that thread belongs to JMG.
Link! I know I spend way too much time on here, but I can't be bothered scrolling through all those pages!

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 08:25 PM
I think he will have a good 06. He is fun to watch and I don't see many of his antics because I don't get clay masters. Coria might never win as much as Roger but he goes home to the real trophy at the end of the day. She is study Economics so after Coria retires she can look after their money. BEAUTY AND BRAINS :inlove:
I see his antics, that's partly why I like him :o

She studies Economics :eek: I didn't know that. So do I, we already have an instant bond :p

Dirk
12-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Some of the stuff he plays, you can't teach it. It's just pure raw ability. I'm not even a Safin fan in all honesty but I've got to say, he's seriously gifted. He's badly underachieving I reckon (I know he's had injuries recently, but still...). Before Safin fans get annoyed with that, I know he's still having a great career so far, but he should've done even better.

He has underachieved. He is great on clay so for him to not have more clay titles including a better record at RG is bad. I don't see him ever being 100% again. I think he will have on/off again injuries till he retires sadly. Big giants don't have a history of health on the tour. They get done in by injuries most of the time.

Dirk
12-18-2005, 08:28 PM
I see his antics, that's partly why I like him :o

She studies Economics :eek: I didn't know that. So do I, we already have an instant bond :p

Your bond to her is too little too late but I am sure you know that. :p

adee-gee
12-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Your bond to her is too little too late but I am sure you know that. :p
Just you wait and see :p

Dirk
12-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Just you wait and see :p

Once Coria puts a bun in her oven you will move on. I will still admire her beauty from the screen. She dresses fantastic too. :)

jacobhiggins
12-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Federer has better speed, a better forehand, a better backhand, a better lob, dwarfs him in the mental department,and has a better serve! Safin is good don't get me wrong, he can beat Federer on certain occassions, but Federer's trumps him on almost everything. That includes skill, the grand slam count/Titles, and the head to head record.

Dirk
12-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Don't forget volleys jacob.

star
12-18-2005, 11:16 PM
What department? Under "prominent body parts" I meant noses. I have no idea what thoughts my post has triggered in your head. :D

I sit corrected. :)

He certainly does not lack in that department. :D

star
12-18-2005, 11:18 PM

That's it???? That's the ONE thing you could come up with?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I think you just proved my point.

star
12-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Federer has better speed, a better forehand, a better backhand, a better lob, dwarfs him in the mental department,and has a better serve! Safin is good don't get me wrong, he can beat Federer on certain occassions, but Federer's trumps him on almost everything. That includes skill, the grand slam count/Titles, and the head to head record.

I don't think Federer has a better backhand than Safin. He has a prettier backhand, but not a more effective one.

sigmagirl91
12-18-2005, 11:33 PM

Why should it bother you (or the other so-called "fans") that David made it to the A-list? And why are you taking it so personally? Would you feel better if someone like Feli Lopez got in as an alternate and won the Masters?

prima donna
12-18-2005, 11:40 PM

Nalbandian is a small cookie, we'll see what he does at Slams, but aside from that I'm more concerned with Roger's ankle.

It's cute to see that Nalbandian finally won something that actually mattered.

Anyway, the big guys are young guns that possess fearless attitudes, relentless effort and unmatched shotmaking ability.

Gasquet and Berdych are the threats.

sigmagirl91
12-18-2005, 11:45 PM
Oh, I see....the so-called Roger fans are still bitter. Instead of taking a loss and moving on, they're still hurling insults and belittling his opponents. Roger would be shocked, appalled, and embarrassed at how you all are dealing with things.

prima donna
12-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Oh, I see....the so-called Roger fans are still bitter. Instead of taking a loss and moving on, they're still hurling insults and belittling his opponents. Roger would be shocked, appalled, and embarrassed at how you all are dealing with things.
Bitter ? No, I'm bitter about what Marat was able to do with Roger in Australia. It's killing me.

Nalbandian is a small cookie in Roger's world, so relatively speaking. He was handled rather routinely when Roger was 100% and on form.

Taken out in straights in NYC and besides, what was the last SF of a Slam Nalbandian made ?

I don't really care how many times he can win the Vilas Cup or anything else he's winning, not much of a major concern.

Not taking anything away, but facts are facts.

sigmagirl91
12-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Bitter ? No, I'm bitter about what Marat was able to do with Roger in Australia. It's killing me.

Nalbandian is a small cookie in Roger's world, so relatively speaking. He was handled rather routinely when Roger was 100% and on form.

Taken out in straights in NYC and besides, what was the last SF of a Slam Nalbandian made ?

I don't really care how many times he can win the Vilas Cup or anything else he's winning, not much of a major concern.

Not taking anything away, but facts are facts.

Facts are facts: Nalbandian leads the h2h 6-4. Is this what you're mad about? Federer leads Safin 7-2, and you're more concerned about THAT?!!! Again, facts are facts.

prima donna
12-18-2005, 11:57 PM
Facts are facts: Nalbandian leads the h2h 6-4. Is this what you're mad about? Federer leads Safin 7-2, and you're more concerned about THAT?!!! Again, facts are facts.

Let's see.

Marat nearly knocked Roger's racquet from his hands in Australia and took a set off of Roger on his weakest surface (Grass), meanwhile it's considered Roger's best surface.

While ...

Roger handled Nalbandian routinely last time he was healthy, was handling him easily in Shanghai and beat him at 35%. That win was more of a fluke of nature than anything, but fair is fair. Nalbandian is TMC Champ.

I'm much more concerned with the possibility of a healthy Marat Safin, Richard Gasquet or Tomas Berdych than I am Nalbandian. Simply put, the boy cannot compete with Roger at his best. He is a worthy opponent for most, just not Federer.

sigmagirl91
12-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Let's see.

Marat nearly knocked Roger's racquet from his hands in Australia and took a set off of Roger on his weakest surface (Grass), meanwhile it's considered Roger's best surface.

While ...

Roger handled Nalbandian routinely last time he was healthy, was handling him easily in Shanghai and beat him at 35%. That win was more of a fluke of nature than anything, but fair is fair. Nalbandian is TMC Champ.

I'm much more concerned with the possibility of a healthy Marat Safin, Richard Gasquet or Tomas Berdych than I am Nalbandian. Simply put, the boy cannot compete with Roger at his best. He is a worthy opponent for most, just not Federer.

We'll see. Until Roger gets the upper hand in their h2h, Nabs still remains a threat.

lau
12-19-2005, 12:00 AM
Let's see.

While ...

Please, donīt become an example for answering to this threadīs title :o

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 12:02 AM
Please, donīt become an example for answering to this threadīs title :o

Unfortunately, he's living up to it quite nicely.

prima donna
12-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Please, donīt become an example for answering this threadīs title :o
Just what are you saying ?

I've acknowledged Marat, Gasquet and Berdych as threats. Simply because I'm dismissing TMC, does that make me a Fedtard ? Oops. I live in reality.

Marat took Roger out in Australia, probably would have even if those feet of his had been 100%.

Gasquet out-gunned Roger in Monte Carlo.

I haven't said that no one is any match for Roger or anything of the sort, if you don't like my opinion, then that's fine. Just don't come at me with this non-sense without any good cause.

prima donna
12-19-2005, 12:05 AM
Unfortunately, he's living up to it quite nicely.
Aside from my reference to Nalbandian that defines him as a "small cookie", nothing really wrong with anything I've said.

Besides, that's my way of communicating. You should be adjusted to it by now. It has more to do with my personality than it does my affection for Roger. :)

lau
12-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Fair enough :p, although I agree with this statement ;)
We'll see. Until Roger gets the upper hand in their h2h, Nabs still remains a threat.

EDIT:Last minute...Nalby won and has got another car ;)

Skyward
12-19-2005, 12:10 AM
That's it???? That's the ONE thing you could come up with?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I think you just proved my point.

What? I'm not going to spend the whole holiday season going through the yearly :bs: in an attempt to find some gems for you, star. You said you couldn't see any bashing, I found one thread very easily through my user cp. I'm sure there were other bashing threads and a gazillion individual posts. I don't have any intention to waste my time digging them up.
But it's possible that calling someone "an arsehole", a "gf beater", and a " protected drug user " is not bashing in your book. :shrug:

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Aside from my reference to Nalbandian that defines him as a "small cookie", nothing really wrong with anything I've said.

Besides, that's my way of communicating. You should be adjusted to it by now. It has more to do with my personality than it does my affection for Roger. :)

How's he a "small cookie"? I know you're not a fan of his (and probably one of Safin, Berdych, and Gasquet, am I correct?), but the very least you can do is acknowledge that David won the match fair and square. And no amount of excuse-making will change it. If Roger was healthy enough to walk onto the court and play a match, then we can safely say that he could have just as easily won the match, no? If so, then this discussion is closed.

PS: I don't care about the tactical thingy that Marat did with Roger in Australia. Knocking a racquet out of an opponent's hand with a shot is nothing new or interesting. Had Roger won the point in question (I'm assuming he didn't, so correct me if I'm wrong), this would not be part of your post.

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Fair enough :p, although I agree with this statement ;)

EDIT:Last minute...Nalby won and has got another car ;)

And $1.4 million dollars!!! All in a week's work-and he WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE THERE!!! I know that gets some Fedfucks' goats, but hey....facts are facts.

prima donna
12-19-2005, 12:17 AM
How's he a "small cookie"? I know you're not a fan of his (and probably one of Safin, Berdych, and Gasquet, am I correct?), but the very least you can do is acknowledge that David won the match fair and square. And no amount of excuse-making will change it. If Roger was healthy enough to walk onto the court and play a match, then we can safely say that he could have just as easily won the match, no? If so, then this discussion is closed.

PS: I don't care about the tactical thingy that Marat did with Roger in Australia. Knocking a racquet out of an opponent's hand with a shot is nothing new or interesting. Had Roger won the point in question (I'm assuming he didn't, so correct me if I'm wrong), this would not be part of your post.

Actually, I can't stand Marat's game. I find it to be plain ugly, but he is immensely talented and not so much a gentleman, but he does show his opponent respect.

I can't ignore those facts, no matter how much I dislike his game.

I think he would be an awesome rivalry for Roger, if he were more consistent.

Same goes for Berdych, but he's good for tennis and has the potential to be a poor man's Safin.

I only appreciate Richard Gasquet.

Now, away from my opinion (which really counts for little or nothing in this instance)

Nalbandian has been man-handled in all their last few meetings, what happen in Australia, New York, etc ? (They did play in Australia right or am I mistaken?) - not for sure, that's why I'm asking.

Even on his first match, Nalbandian was fresh and Roger like 30%, still, Roger managed to win that match. I don't think Nalbandian would have stood a chance against a healthy Roger, but I cannot take the TMC away from Nalbandian.

He is the champion, however I refuse to extend it past that. He hasn't beat a healthy Federer since 2003 U.S Open.

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Actually, I can't stand Marat's game. I find it to be plain ugly, but he is immensely talented and not so much a gentleman, but he does show his opponent respect.

I can't ignore those facts, no matter how much I dislike his game.

I think he would be an awesome rivalry for Roger, if he were more consistent.

Same goes for Berdych, but he's good for tennis and has the potential to be a poor man's Safin.

I only appreciate Richard Gasquet.

Now, away from my opinion (which really counts for little or nothing in this instance)

Nalbandian has been man-handled in all their last few meetings, what happen in Australia, New York, etc ? (They did play in Australia right or am I mistaken?) - not for sure, that's why I'm asking.

Even on his first match, Nalbandian was fresh and Roger like 30%, still, Roger managed to win that match. I don't think Nalbandian would have stood a chance against a healthy Roger, but I cannot take the TMC away from Nalbandian.

He is the champion, however I refuse to extend it past that. He hasn't beat a healthy Federer since 2003 U.S Open.

They played NY this year, Australia last year (and, if I recall correctly, this particular match was a tight four-setter). David and Roger are tied at 2-2 in GS play.

prima donna
12-19-2005, 12:24 AM
They played NY this year, Australia last year (and, if I recall correctly, this particular match was a tight four-setter). David and Roger are tied at 2-2 in GS play.

Look, Roger has a losing record from his days as a headcase against plenty of players.

Dominik "The Dominator" Hrbaty is like 2-0 against him, I believe.

So?

Look at the record against Nalbandian since Roger became known as Mr. Federer.

Tennis Masters Cup, Carpet, F
Shanghai, China
Carpet
F
Nalbandian
7 6 7 6 2 6 1 6 6 7
Tennis Masters Cup, Carpet, RR
Shanghai, China
Carpet
RR
Federer
6 3 2 6 6 4
US Open, Hard, Q
NY, U.S.A.
Hard
Q
Federer
6 2 6 4 6 1
Australian Open, Hard, Q
Australia
Hard
Q
Federer
7 5 6 4 5 7 6 3
Tennis Masters Cup, Hard, RR
Houston, TX, USA
Hard
RR
Federer
6 3 6 0

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Look, Roger has a losing record from his days as a headcase against plenty of players.

Dominik "The Dominator" Hrbaty is like 2-0 against him, I believe.

So?

Look at the record against Nalbandian since Roger became known as Mr. Federer.

Tennis Masters Cup, Carpet, F
Shanghai, China
Carpet
F
Nalbandian
7 6 7 6 2 6 1 6 6 7
Tennis Masters Cup, Carpet, RR
Shanghai, China
Carpet
RR
Federer
6 3 2 6 6 4
US Open, Hard, Q
NY, U.S.A.
Hard
Q
Federer
6 2 6 4 6 1
Australian Open, Hard, Q
Australia
Hard
Q
Federer
7 5 6 4 5 7 6 3
Tennis Masters Cup, Hard, RR
Houston, TX, USA
Hard
RR
Federer
6 3 6 0

Again, until Roger can catch up to David head-to-head wise, then there's really nothing else to talk about.
As for Marat, his record against Roger is so pitiful, it deserves no discussion.

lau
12-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Again, until Roger can catch up to David head-to-head wise, then there's really nothing else to talk about.
As for Marat, his record against Roger is so pitiful, it deserves no discussion.
:sad: Youīll make me cry :lol:

ExpectedWinner
12-19-2005, 12:38 AM

:lol: The response of ever humbled Pete Sampras to question about what's the difference between him and Rafter comes to mind.

Seriously, Nalbandian deserved his win. But until he wins a GS he's a middle sized cookie. :)

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 12:44 AM
:lol: The response of ever humbled Pete Sampras to question about what's the difference between him and Rafter comes to mind.

Seriously, Nalbandian deserved his win. But until he wins a GS he's a middle sized cookie. :)

He's on his way.

prima donna
12-19-2005, 12:44 AM

Marat is the last player to REALLY beat Roger.

I don't care how bad the record is, true, he is no Rival of Federer's with that 2-7 lifetime result.

I'd still pick him to beat Roger in a Slam anyday over Nalbandian. The man has talent oozing out of his veins, he's just a slacker.

lau
12-19-2005, 12:47 AM

I don't care how bad the record is, true, he is no Rival of Federer's with that 2-7 lifetime result.

I'd still pick him to beat Roger in a Slam anyday over Nalbandian. The man has talent oozing out of his veins, he's just a slacker.
If Roger was in the other side of the court during the whole match and the other player won, the really beat him. :shrug:

jacobhiggins
12-19-2005, 12:49 AM
Star, Federer's backhand is better then Safins, it's one of Federer's weaker shots but it's still better then Safins!!! Safin is the closest to Federer's level but still Federer trumps him in lobs, forehand, speed, mental game, backhand, and serve! He has the best chance to beat Federer out of everybody currently playing (there are some young guns on there way up though) but people should not confuse best chance with better player, there's a HUGE difference!!!

prima donna
12-19-2005, 12:51 AM
If Roger was in the other side of the court during the whole match and the other player won, the really beat him. :shrug:
:rolleyes:

lau
12-19-2005, 12:54 AM
:rolleyes:
Am I missing something here??
(Lets leave the Shanghai final out of this)
I think Gasquet beat him and Nadal beat him and in both matches the best player won.

prima donna
12-19-2005, 12:56 AM
I think Gasquet beat him
I agree.

jacobhiggins
12-19-2005, 12:56 AM
Nadal and Gasquet beat Federer who was perfectly fine, in the Masters Cup and the AO he was suffering from injuries, it was reported before the matches even took place so it's not an excuse that popped up after the matches, but it can't be ignored either! The match summary should read, Marat/David beat Federer, Federer was suffering and coming off an injury, Congrats Marat and David! That's what happend, that's who it should be reported, give congrats to Marat and David and move on, Federer rebounded just fine lol!!!

lau
12-19-2005, 12:58 AM
I agree.
Nadal didnīt?? :confused:

prima donna
12-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Nadal and Gasquet beat Federer who was perfectly fine, in the Masters Cup and the AO he was suffering from injuries. Not saying it's an excuse, but it can't be ignored either! The match summary should read, Marat/David beat Federer, Federer was suffering and coming off an injury, Congrats Marat and David!!!

Please don't discredit probably the best tennis match to be played this decade by claiming Roger's feet are why he lost 7-9 to Safin, that's not the scoreline of an injured player ... besides ... if Roger hadn't tried that between the leg shot on match point ... maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Fact is, Safin beat Roger. Fair and square. That's trash, don't categorize Marat with Nalbandian's lucking out.

jacobhiggins
12-19-2005, 01:01 AM
It's not an excuse to why he lost, but you can't ignore that either because that's the facts and that's what really happend. His foot problems and his injury before the Masters Cup was already being talked about before the matchs even started. What i'm saying is, don't use those two instances to predict how there future matches will play out. That's why those injuries should be noted!!!

prima donna
12-19-2005, 01:05 AM
It's not an excuse to why he lost, but you can't ignore that either because that's the facts and that's what really happend, his foot problems and his injury before the Masters Cup was already being talked about before the matchs even started.

Sure, but I respect that match.

I've always challenged players to beat Roger, beat him like a man. Not by forcing 60 or 70 UFE, but beat him like a man.

Marat looked Roger in the eye and triumphed against him, in my mind, Roger's health shouldn't be mentioned.

Gasquet did the same thing, but on a smaller scale and on Roger's weakest surface, not as impressive.

jacobhiggins
12-19-2005, 01:06 AM
Look at my above post to why those injuries should be mentioned.

Actually I added the last part to the message, I don't think you saw it, my bad!!!

prima donna
12-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Look at my above post to why those injuries should be mentioned.

Actually I added the last part to the message, I don't think you saw it, my bad!!!

Gotcha. My mistake. :)

heya
12-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Fedfuckers ignored the injuries, poor fitness & pathetic coaching of his opponents.

jacobhiggins
12-19-2005, 01:17 AM
If other players were injured it was not reported about so we don't know if it was true or not, no basis to that statment my friend!

prima donna
12-19-2005, 01:19 AM
If other players were injured it was not reported about so we don't know if it was true or not, no basis to that statment my friend!

Why even respond to heya's post ? The obscene language was enough to turn me off. That's a plain nasty post, disgusting display really.

Everyone uses swears occasionally, but that was a pre-pubescent display of vulgarities if there ever was. Really sickening.

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 01:20 AM
Why even respond to heya's post ? The obscene language was enough to turn me off. That's a plain nasty post, disgusting display really.

Everyone uses swears occasionally, but that was a pre-pubescent display of vulgarities if there ever was. Really sickening.

Not to mention that it was severely :topic:

jacobhiggins
12-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Didn't realize the person was like that, I won't respond again :)!!!

Merton
12-19-2005, 01:37 AM
Nadal didnīt?? :confused:

By ignoring Roger's loss to Nadal, primadona hopes it will go away :lol:

jacobhiggins
12-19-2005, 01:38 AM
Nadal beat Federer when he was perfectly fine, no injuries or anything. Federer could have done better but Nadal was better on that day.

prima donna
12-19-2005, 01:42 AM
By ignoring Roger's loss to Nadal, primadona hopes it will go away :lol:

It's been 2 weeks since I've practiced or been active on a tennis court, yesterday I visited an Indoor Facility and used a ball machine to get my timing back.

Anyway, long story short, I ended up hitting about 900 - 1,000 balls and I missed more than I hit, so I guess the ball machine won. I am defeated, because well, the object of the game is to keep the ball in play. You know ?

That's it.

Ball Machine Defeats prima donna - 6-3, 1-6, 6-3

That's all I'm going to say concerning that subject matter, if you can't comprehend the point I'm making here, then, sorry for your bad luck.

Action Jackson
12-19-2005, 01:45 AM
The best thing is being called a hater of Federer, when the person likes him, but doesn't need to fawn over how good he is. Good to see the days have changed from pre-2004 when he was overrated and just untapped potential to what we are seeing now.

Yeehah.

lau
12-19-2005, 01:52 AM
It's been 2 weeks since I've practiced or been active on a tennis court, yesterday I visited an Indoor Facility and used a ball machine to get my timing back.

Anyway, long story short, I ended up hitting about 900 - 1,000 balls and I missed more than I hit, so I guess the ball machine won. I am defeated, because well, the object of the game is to keep the ball in play. You know ?

That's it.

That's all I'm going to say concerning that subject matter, if you can't comprehend the point I'm making here, then, sorry for your bad luck.
Awwwww :hug: Still hurts so much? :awww:

Merton
12-19-2005, 01:55 AM

That's it.

That is one of the highest compliments i have heard about Nadal. As far as i remember, the last guy to be called a machine was Lendl. I realize how much you like Nadal :haha: :haha: but i think it is premature to compare him with Lendl at this point of his carreer :D

prima donna
12-19-2005, 01:58 AM
That is one of the highest compliments i have heard about Nadal. As far as i remember, the last guy to be called a machine was Lendl. I realize how much you like Nadal :haha: :haha: but i think it is premature to compare him with Lendl at this point of his carreer :D

Sure thing, amico!

Um ... :yeah:

Merton
12-19-2005, 02:06 AM
The best thing is being called a hater of Federer, when the person likes him, but doesn't need to fawn over how good he is. Good to see the days have changed from pre-2004 when he was overrated and just untapped potential to what we are seeing now.

Yeehah.

I think it is the late followers ("bandwagoners") who tend to be the zealots. I guess since they missed Roger's early years, they just think their man is perfect and infallible. Roger's early fans are much more humble.

Action Jackson
12-19-2005, 02:10 AM
I think it is the late followers ("bandwagoners") who tend to be the zealots. I guess since they missed Roger's early years, they just think their man is perfect and infallible. Roger's early fans are much more humble.

Yes, I know all about the bandwagon jumpers, they exist everywhere and always have.

Just like in football when I was a kid. Liverpool were dominant, and then when Man U in England started dominating, it was amazing to see the amount of new fans they got.

But it's easier to be called a Fed hater and more fun for it.

Dirk
12-19-2005, 04:41 AM
GWH we just defend our man here against some unhappy fans who didn't like suspense being taken out of the tour.

Dirk
12-19-2005, 05:04 AM
Why should it bother you (or the other so-called "fans") that David made it to the A-list? And why are you taking it so personally? Would you feel better if someone like Feli Lopez got in as an alternate and won the Masters?

I'm not taking it personally but you and others read way too much into David's win. I am sure Roger was telling others privately that David would have gotten his ass kicked if he was close to 100%. David is no longer a threat my god look what he need in his favor to barely beat Roger to begin with.

Action Jackson
12-19-2005, 06:20 AM
GWH we just defend our man here against some unhappy fans who didn't like suspense being taken out of the tour.

Not good enough there are too many Fed fans on here that gloat when he wins all the time and contemplate mass suicide at worst when he loses or the great excuses that they come up with. When Fed pulls out a tight match, he shows what a champion he is, when he loses a tight match, there were something wrong with the conditions or him. He doesn't make these kinds of excuses.

Dirk
12-19-2005, 06:22 AM
Well it's a good thing then that most of them post "I am leaving or I am not a fan anymore" threads in the GM when he does lose a big match.

Rafa = Fed Killa
12-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Can everyone at least agree that fanaticism is wrong, especially over a tennis player.

Pea
12-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Fedfuckers ignored the injuries, poor fitness & pathetic coaching of his opponents.

:lol: Heya, you're still alive! :eek: :)

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm not taking it personally but you and others read way too much into David's win. I am sure Roger was telling others privately that David would have gotten his ass kicked if he was close to 100%. David is no longer a threat my god look what he need in his favor to barely beat Roger to begin with.

You sound worse than the so-called Coria fans who blamed his FO loss on his "injury". Get over it and move on already.

star
12-19-2005, 02:43 PM

hmmmmmm I'll present Dirk as being Exhibit A in refutation of this argument. :)

star
12-19-2005, 02:50 PM
What? I'm not going to spend the whole holiday season going through the yearly :bs: in an attempt to find some gems for you, star. You said you couldn't see any bashing, I found one thread very easily through my user cp. I'm sure there were other bashing threads and a gazillion individual posts. I don't have any intention to waste my time digging them up.
But it's possible that calling someone "an arsehole", a "gf beater", and a " protected drug user " is not bashing in your book. :shrug:

Doesn't cancel out the fact that it was ONE poster. No one else agreed and the thread died quickly. So one poster posted a bashing thread one time that quickly died. The players who are routinely bashed on MTF have threads devoted to thier bashing that go on for pages and pages and pages. So yes, I did say "any" bashing, but to me, one guy posting something that no one else agreed with doesn't constitute bashing by MTF standards.

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Can everyone at least agree that fanaticism is wrong, especially over a tennis player.

I agree. It's like Merton said, the "fanaticism" is coming from the Johnny-come-latelys who are following the player because he's winning.

star
12-19-2005, 02:58 PM
I disagree. I think there are people who follow Federer because he is winning but aren't fanatic.

I think there are a lot of fans who started noticing Federer because he got his game and his head together and were enchanted with the result. They aren't living their lives through Federer -- and may not even be posting on tennis message boards.

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 03:01 PM
I disagree. I think there are people who follow Federer because he is winning but aren't fanatic.

I think there are a lot of fans who started noticing Federer because he got his game and his head together and were enchanted with the result. They aren't living their lives through Federer -- and may not even be posting on tennis message boards.

This is true as well. Perhaps they could care less about this result because they know he'll win some and lose some, and he will bounce back. That's what real fans do; they don't get angry and insult the player's opponents.

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 03:09 PM
You sound worse than the so-called Coria fans who blamed his FO loss on his "injury". Get over it and move on already.
Coria's cramping was a lot more of an "injury" than Federer's lack of match practise for Shanghai.

As for Marat being the last person to REALLY beat Federer. One of the highlights of this thread, prima donna proving the thread starters point in the best possible way :worship:

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Coria's cramping was a lot more of an "injury" than Federer's lack of match practise for Shanghai.

As for Marat being the last person to REALLY beat Federer. One of the highlights of this thread, prima donna proving the thread starters point in the best possible way :worship:

Hello, cramping is never an "injury".

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Hello, cramping is never an "injury".
It's more of an injury than lack of match practise.

Action Jackson
12-19-2005, 03:14 PM

It's not an injury period.

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 03:16 PM

No Adee, Roger was more than 100% in Shangai, after all he had enough time to recover and rest (compared to Ljubo who was totally tired) :rolleyes: :angel: :retard:

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 03:20 PM
No Adee, Roger was more than 100% in Shangai, after all he had enough time to recover and rest (compared to Ljubo who was totally tired) :rolleyes: :angel: :retard:
Last time I checked you weren't able to be more than 100% ;)

If he wasn't fit, he wouldn't have played. Nalbandian beat him fair and square. Maybe you'll learn to deal with Federer's defeats in time, there will be more than 4 next year I guarantee it.

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 03:20 PM

In any case, a player's lack of conditioning (whether it's physical, mental, or whatever) is really not a good excuse for a loss. The player walks on court with the assumption that he can put in the maximum amount of effort needed to win a match.

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 03:23 PM
In any case, a player's lack of conditioning (whether it's physical, mental, or whatever) is really not a good excuse for a loss. The player walks on court with the assumption that he can put in the maximum amount of effort needed to win a match.
I'm not really using it as an excuse for Guille losing. The only point I was trying to make was that Federer didn't have an injury for Shanghai :)

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Maybe you'll learn to deal with Federer's defeats in time, there will be more than 4 next year I guarantee it.

I'm a fan since he was in junior circuit so I know what a real Fed loss means... :o

star
12-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Every loss is "real"

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm a fan since he was in junior circuit so I know what a real Fed loss means... :o
What constitutes a 'non-real' loss then? Is your thinking along the lines of prima donna's where a loss to Nadal doesn't count, because he has a different style to Federer?

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 03:37 PM
What constitutes a 'non-real' loss then? Is your thinking along the lines of prima donna's where a loss to Nadal doesn't count, because he has a different style to Federer?

No. A "real" means when Fed was 100% fit (and he was against Nadal)... And sorry, but it was NOT the case in Shangai... That said I don't bash David's title at all, he won he deserved the title, no worry...

lau
12-19-2005, 03:40 PM
No. A "real" means when Fed was 100% fit (and he was against Nadal)... And sorry, but it was NOT the case in Shangai... That said I don't bash David's title at all, he won he deserved the title, no worry...
So Marat was not "really" defeated in most of the matches he lost in 2005 yyyeay!! :bounce:

lau
12-19-2005, 03:41 PM
Exactly :)

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 03:41 PM
Every loss is real. How do we know when Federer is 100%? We can all come up with excuses if we really want to. Nadal lost to Federer in Miami because he got tired in the 4th and 5th sets, does that mean Nadal wasn't 100% and Federer's win isn't real?

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 03:42 PM
So Marat was not "really" defeated in most of the matches he lost in 2005 yyyeay!! :bounce:
:rolls:

lau
12-19-2005, 03:44 PM
BTW, those matches included the Halle final :angel:

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 03:45 PM
BTW, those matches included the Halle final :angel:
Marat went the whole season unbeaten :p

lau
12-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Marat went the whole season unbeaten :p
And Roger didnīt "really" win a single match against him duting all 2005 :p

star
12-19-2005, 03:49 PM
There are a whole bunch of undefeated players on the ATP. :)

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Anyone who saw the TMC final noticed that it was not a 100% Roger (at least anyone who had still seen a "normal" Roger play before) !! Simply open your eyes !!

What are Safin fans (trolls) doing on this thread ?? Does it concern Marat ? :confused:

lau
12-19-2005, 03:50 PM
There are a whole bunch of undefeated players on the ATP. :)

Yes, specially those with cronic injuries :)

sigmagirl91
12-19-2005, 03:51 PM
No. A "real" means when Fed was 100% fit ...

Any loss is "real", regardless of how that result came about.

star
Silly!

Everything concerns Marat! :lol:

adee-gee
And Roger didnīt "really" win a single match against him :p
Nor against Nadal. That means Roger doesn't "really" deserve to be #1 in the world. I think he should be thrown out of tennis for only beating people when they're not 100% fit :)

sigmagirl91
Anyone who saw the TMC final noticed that it was not a 100% Roger (at least anyone who had still seen a "normal" Roger play before) !! Simply open your eyes !!

What are Safin fans (trolls) doing on this thread ?? Does it concern Marat ? :confused:

So what!!!

And by the same token, did Roger's lack of practice concern David? No. Was David supposed to roll over because Roger was on the other side of the net? NO!!!

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 03:53 PM

It's a hate campaign against Roger fans, everyone is invited :p

lau

I sound like a troll using your excuses, honey ;)
And in case you didnīt know it, I was being ironic. Fed was the winner of the Halle final and was the best player on court that day :)

adee-gee
So what!!!

And by the same token, did Roger's lack of practice concern David? No. Was David supposed to roll over because Roger was on the other side of the net? NO!!!
Actually, I think most of the Fed tards would answer YES! :rolls:

star
Nor against Nadal. That means Roger doesn't "really" deserve to be #1 in the world. I think he should be thrown out of tennis for only beating people when they're not 100% fit :)

omygod! The truth is finally revealed.

Reality bites.

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 03:59 PM

Everytime I post on this thread I let a whole space for the fed-bashers to express themselves... But sorry someone said that fed-bashing doesn't exist on MTF :o :)

star
12-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Everytime I post on this thread I let a whole space for the fed-bashers to express themselves... But sorry someone said that fed-bashing doesn't exist on MTF :o :)

Who is bashing Federer on this thread?

You are making me think we should start a thead asking if Fed fans have a sense of humor. :lol:

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 04:01 PM
:lol: I know you sometimes can't detect sarcasm when it is written, but surely you realised I wasn't being serious!

AgassiDomination
12-19-2005, 04:03 PM
To answer the question, I dislike his fans, not Roger.

lau
12-19-2005, 04:04 PM
I would like everyone to know Iīm a Nalbi-troll, a Rafatard, a Safin-troll and a Fed-basher :angel: :p

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 04:05 PM
:lol: I know you sometimes can't detect sarcasm when it is written, but surely you realised I wasn't being serious!

It seems to be sarcasm whem it goes in your sense... I can go the same way and say I was sarcastic about Fed "injury" at the TMC :o :rolleyes:

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 04:06 PM
To answer the question, I dislike his fans, not Roger.
That's been the general consensus of the thread. Welcome to the party :drink:

star
12-19-2005, 04:06 PM
ok.... coria/hewitt/roddick/johansson/ferrero/nadal/gasquet/murray/baghdatis/tard here. :crazy:

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 04:07 PM
I would like everyone to know Iīm a Nalbi-troll, a Rafatard, a Safin-troll and a Fed-basher :angel: :p

As NYTennisfan told one day: "domination in sport always bothers people in case it's not your favorite who dominates" :p (he said something like that but with better english)...

adee-gee
:inlove:

lau
Oh! and in certain thread I discovered I was a Gaudio fan, too :)

star
12-19-2005, 04:08 PM
It seems to be sarcasm whem it goes in your sense... I can go the same way and say I was sarcastic about Fed "injury" at the TMC :o :rolleyes:

:confused: :confused:

I don't really understand what you are saying now. What does "goes in your sense" mean?

Don't you see we were making fun of the "real" loss idea you floated back some 30 posts ago?

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 04:09 PM
I think it was pretty obvious that I was joking when I said Federer should be thrown out of tennis. As for you joking about Fed's "injury", I highly doubt it but if you were, then I apologise.

star
12-19-2005, 04:09 PM
As NYTennisfan told one day: "domination in sport always bothers people in case it's not your favorite who dominates" :p (he said something like that but with better english)...

Well, that's obvious. Who wouldn't like their favorite to win nearly every match played? :retard:

lau
12-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Sweetie, it hurted you so much when people use the same excuses you used... :hug:

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 04:11 PM
:confused: :confused:

I don't really understand what you are saying now. What does "goes in your sense" mean?

Don't you see we were making fun of the "real" loss idea you floated back some 30 posts ago?

Adee-gee like to speak about sarcasm when it plays his game (when it arranges him)...

keep_er_lit!
12-19-2005, 04:11 PM

:rolls: :haha: :haha: :rolls:

Thanks for cheering me up. That is quite possibly the funniest thing I've read all week.

star
12-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Adee-gee like to speak about sarcasm when it plays his game (when it arranges him)...

You clearly missed the joke.

Now 'fess up. You weren't really joking about Federer's losses not being "real" were you? Come on... you can tell us...

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Sweetie, it hurted you so much when people use the same excuses you used... :hug:

What's wrong with Marat darlin' ?? I agree he was injured most part of the year !!! I was speaking about TMC final, nothing else !!

star
12-19-2005, 04:15 PM
What's wrong with Marat darlin' ?? I agree he was injured most part of the year !!! I was speaking about TMC final, nothing else !!

That's what you were talking about, but your reasoning was simply applied to other matches... other places.. other players... other times.

Please say you finally get it.

Is it really true that Swiss don't laugh?

AgassiDomination
12-19-2005, 04:15 PM
That's been the general consensus of the thread. Welcome to the party :drink:

:yeah: I knew I couldnt have been alone in that.

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 04:16 PM
You clearly missed the joke.

Now 'fess up. You weren't really joking about Federer's losses not being "real" were you? Come on... you can tell us...

I am tired and bored about all jealous trolls who cannot accept Fed domination... You're right !!

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Is it really true that Swiss don't laugh?

Is it really true that Argentinians are "juiced" ?

Never read such a poor comment :sad:

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 04:18 PM
I am tired and bored about all jealous trolls who cannot accept Fed domination... You're right !!
:haha: I was about to stick up for you and say I felt you were getting a bit of harsh treatment when actually prima donna is the one that deserves it. But that comment changed my mind.

lau
12-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Geeeez, thereīs no need to accept his domination. HE IS dominant. And you wonīt find a single post in which I donīt accept that or I say thatīs not true.
What I donīt accept is that he is not "really" defeated 90% of the times he loses a match ;)
Federer is human, humans are not perfect= Federer is not perfect :p ergo, he might be defeated :angel:

lau
12-19-2005, 04:19 PM

:secret: star is not argentine, and no, it is not true :angel:

star
12-19-2005, 04:20 PM

Yes, it's really true!!

Please try to smile at least.... just a tiny one... come on.... you can...

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 04:20 PM
:secret: star is not argentine, and no, it is not true :angel:

Sorry I checked the flag... Anyway does he know if I am Swiss or not ? :rolleyes:

star
12-19-2005, 04:22 PM
See there.... another joke missed.

But.. I'm thinking more and more you are Swiss. :lol:

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 04:23 PM
:haha: I was about to stick up for you and say I felt you were getting a bit of harsh treatment when actually prima donna is the one that deserves it. But that comment changed my mind.

:wavey: Glad to hear that you estimate me as high as Prima Donna my idol :cool: :)

lau
12-19-2005, 04:23 PM
Sorry I checked the flag... Anyway does he know if I am Swiss or not ? :rolleyes:
You donīt have sense of humour? :shrug:

:lol: :rolls:

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 04:25 PM
See there.... another joke missed.

But.. I'm thinking more and more you are Swiss. :lol:

Believe what you want... I didn't miss your "jokes", but sorry if I don't call them jokes :rolleyes:

And what's really your problem with the Swiss people ? Don't be shy express yourself :angel:

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 04:33 PM
:wavey: Glad to hear that you estimate me as high as Prima Donna my idol :cool: :)
:haha: I sincerely hope that was sarcastic.

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Adee you're so funny !! :haha:

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Adee you're so funny !! :haha:
I often get told that :angel: are you male or female :aplot:

keep_er_lit!
12-19-2005, 04:43 PM

Not that it matters to you - I hear that you aren't fussy about minor details like that :p

bokehlicious
12-19-2005, 04:44 PM

If I say a male I'm afraid you will not forget me anymore :p :)

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Not that it matters to you - I hear that you aren't fussy about minor details like that :p
:rolls: rumours about my sexuality is big news isn't it :o

adee-gee
12-19-2005, 04:55 PM
If I say a male I'm afraid you will not forget me anymore :p :)
I could never forget you :p.....The "real" loss comment is memorable.