Düsseldorf with Gaston, Prieto, Nalle and Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuucho [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Düsseldorf with Gaston, Prieto, Nalle and Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuucho

Pages : [1] 2 3

Action Jackson
12-16-2005, 07:24 AM
Chucho beat Willy Canas in straight sets and will now play Chela in the next round.

Good work Chucho, hope he gets some more matches and can do well in Auckland and be prepared for the 2006 season ahead.

Choupi
12-16-2005, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the update. Good work Chucho. Keep it up. :)

Action Jackson
12-16-2005, 07:42 AM
One of the posters said that Chucho served really in this match and I am looking for some articles around describing the match.

http://www.tycsports.com/imas/thumbs.php?id=11363&w=220&h=300

Choupi
12-16-2005, 08:27 AM
Good. When the serve goes, everything goes. :)

*Ljubica*
12-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Congrats Chucho - I will look for some articles if you want :)

Choupi
12-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Would be great Rosie. Thanks. :)

sigmagirl91
12-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Best of luck to Chucho.

*Ljubica*
12-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Would be great Rosie. Thanks. :)

Sadly I have drawn a blank so far :sad: Most of the articles in the Argentine Press today seem to concentrate on the Willy Cañas personal aspect (you know, how he felt about returning to play at BALTC and about his forthcoming appeal) raher than the match itself! They are nice to read though and I have posted them over in Willy's Forum if anyone is interested.

Andres Guazzelli
12-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Pretty entertaining match.
Jose's serve was huge (I counted 12 aces while ESPN just 10, and 14 service winners), and Cañas is like a human wall.

Unfortunately, the predominant shot in this match was the UE, not the winner. Anyway, there were some great passing shots.

Fergie
12-17-2005, 03:30 AM
Chela d. Chucho 7-5 3-6 7-5

Chucho played a good match but wasn't enough to win today :sad:

Action Jackson
12-19-2005, 06:34 AM
Chucho will be playing his first tournament of 2006 in Auckland and he had a good performance there earlier in the year. Hopefully he can continue with that and is training hard.

*Ljubica*
12-19-2005, 06:37 AM
Yes - good luck Chucho - all the best for 2006.

Nathaliia
12-21-2005, 09:28 PM
good luck Chucho in 2006 :bounce:

Action Jackson
12-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Chucho gave an interesting interview about what his goals are and he did show some promise with some good non-clay results and thats what it's going to take for more progress and I hope he has been doing some endurance work.

He could make the Davis Cup squad in the future with some continued improvement.

Fergie
12-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Good luck Chucho in the next season! :bounce:

Effka
12-26-2005, 08:46 PM
Can't wait for Auckland. I hope he can do as good as last year, hopefully even better. What's most important, the lay off passed really fast for me. I'll be here at the right time to support our Big Guy :cool:

Plastic Bertrand
12-31-2005, 02:44 AM
Good luck for Auckland and Melbourne and some good results can lead into a successful Latin American tour for him.

Effka
01-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Draw arrived, first round against Chris Rochus. I've got mixed feelings about this.

*Ljubica*
01-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Here is the full draw. Good Luck Chucho :)

Main Draw

(1) Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)[/B] vs (Q)
(Q) vs Wesley Moodie (RSA)
Kenneth Carlsen (DEN) vs Andy Murray (GBR)
(WC) Mark Nielsen (NZL) vs (5) Mario Ancic (CRO)
(3) Robby Ginepri (USA) vs Alberto Martin (ESP)
Tomas Zib (CZE) vs Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI)
(WC) Daniel King (NZL) vs Florian Mayer (GER)
Robin Vik (CZE) vs (8) Feliciano Lopez (ESP)
(7) Jarkko Nieminen (FIN) vs Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)
Filippo Volandri (ITA) vs Paul Goldstein (USA)
Christopher Rochus (BEL) vs Jose Acasuso (ARG)
Nicolas Massu (CHI) vs (4) Dominik Hrbaty (SVK)
(6) Olivier Rochus (BEL) vs Albert Montañes (ESP)
(Q) vs Andrei Paverl (ROM)
(Q) Danielle Bracciali (ITA)
(Q) vs (2) David Ferrer (ESP)

Fergie
01-08-2006, 03:13 AM
No the best draw :( ... Vamos Chucho! :bounce:

bad gambler
01-08-2006, 11:14 AM
hopefully chucho was not partying too hard over christmas, if not he should beat little rochus comfortably

clever title GWH, I didn't realise you were across the maori language ;)

Action Jackson
01-09-2006, 09:53 AM
No probs BG, I have to adapt to things and if you read the blog, you will see what I mean.

Chucho/Prieto won their doubles in straight sets, it's good practice for him and as long as he can get some matches in, then there can be some positive vibes for the big man come Melbourne time.

ReturnWinner
01-09-2006, 03:38 PM
chcho/prieto won 10-3 in the third set tiebreak!
No probs BG, I have to adapt to things and if you read the blog, you will see what I mean.

Chucho/Prieto won their doubles in straight sets, it's good practice for him and as long as he can get some matches in, then there can be some positive vibes for the big man come Melbourne time.

bad gambler
01-10-2006, 04:27 AM
well rochus won 6-4 6-4

what a disappointing looking score there

*Ljubica*
01-10-2006, 08:11 AM
well rochus won 6-4 6-4

what a disappointing looking score there

:sad: First match back after the break is always hard - sure Chucho will come good at the AO.

Choupi
01-10-2006, 10:07 AM
I agree Rosie. He needs practise and I hope he's gonna be ready for the AO. :)

Effka
01-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Chucho :smash:
Is there still some Cristal left running through his veins, or what? ;)

Good luck in doubles. Go get'em tiger. :cool:

Action Jackson
01-11-2006, 11:31 PM
chcho/prieto won 10-3 in the third set tiebreak!

They won and that's all that counts :)

Effka
01-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Chucho and Prieto lost 6-7 4-6 to Pavel and Wassen :sad: ... oh well... good luck at the Open :yeah:

Choupi
01-12-2006, 07:57 AM
Time to focus on the AO now.

Choupi
01-13-2006, 10:26 AM
1st rd match against J. Blake. :awww: Could' ve been easier. Just hope he'll be smarter on the court. Vamos Chucho!! :bounce:

Action Jackson
01-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Saw Chucho today and he seemed in a good frame of mind and had a long training session and just hope he plays without fear.

Nathaliia
01-13-2006, 11:20 AM
this draw sucks. but in last weeks i'm used to believe and support even under the most terrible circumstances. Vamos Chucho.

*Ljubica*
01-13-2006, 12:04 PM
this draw sucks. but in last weeks i'm used to believe and support even under the most terrible circumstances. Vamos Chucho.
The draw pretty much sucks for everyone I like :banghead: Good Luck Chucho anyway!

Nathaliia
01-13-2006, 12:34 PM
The draw pretty much sucks for everyone I like :banghead: Good Luck Chucho anyway!
Gael first plays Lucho Horna and then it's possible he faces Berlocq. It's really unfair... I like them all so much :sad:
as Carlos doesn't have his thread,
I'll attach my atavar with Carlos here :tape:

*Ljubica*
01-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Gael first plays Lucho Horna and then it's possible he faces Berlocq. It's really unfair... I like them all so much :sad:
as Carlos doesn't have his thread,
I'll attach my atavar with Carlos here :tape:
:hug: I'm just mad about Calleri v Ancic (poor Agustin :sad: ), Chucho v Blake, and Mónaco with a possible 2nd round against Grosjean or Mark P. :bigcry: - that is if he beats Lisnard in the 1st round. Oh - and Ferrer v Serra is bad too - poor David :sad:

Choupi
01-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Saw Chucho today and he seemed in a good frame of mind and had a long training session and just hope he plays without fear.
Thanks for the update. Hope the frame of mind doesn't desert him. :)

Nathaliia
01-13-2006, 12:43 PM
:hug: I'm just mad about Calleri v Ancic (poor Agustin :sad: ), Chucho v Blake, and Mónaco with a possible 2nd round against Grosjean or Mark P. :bigcry: - that is if he beats Lisnard in the 1st round. Oh - and Ferrer v Serra is bad too - poor David :sad:
Ahh relativism again. Too much of philosophy I've read last days. Don't say the glass is half dirty, say the glass is half clean ;) After seeing the draw, I said "poor Flo Serra", you say poor David... one of them will win at least.
Antoher funny situation, did you read on Stevegtennis.com that Lisnard plays now for... Monaco? :lol:
At least one Monaco will be in 2nd round ;)
As about Mark P., I guess even injured Seb should win... But yeah he's injured and who knows what will be next.

I only find no words to defend Agustin from Ancic... Except of "vamos".

bad gambler
01-13-2006, 12:44 PM
damn blake first up?

blake has been striking the ball well from what I have seen in the Sydney tournament, very tough ask for chucho

*Ljubica*
01-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Ahh relativism again. Too much of philosophy I've read last days. Don't say the glass is half dirty, say the glass is half clean ;) After seeing the draw, I said "poor Flo Serra", you say poor David... one of them will win at least.
Antoher funny situation, did you read on Stevegtennis.com that Lisnard plays now for... Monaco? :lol:
At least one Monaco will be in 2nd round ;)
As about Mark P., I guess even injured Seb should win... But yeah he's injured and who knows what will be next.

I only find no words to defend Agustin from Ancic... Except of "vamos".

I love your positive attitude Nathi :hug: In England we say "don't say the glass is half empty, say it's half full!" - but it means the same thing! The only thing I can think that is good about Ancic/Calleri is that Ancic wll be tired, as he's in the Auckland final now!!! As for "poor Flo Serra" - David Ferrer is struggling with an ankle injury :sad: so I think Serra will win easily. As for Mark P. - sorry to the Aussies here - but I :devil: Mark P. :fiery:

Nathaliia
01-13-2006, 01:32 PM
I love your positive attitude Nathi :hug: In England we say "don't say the glass is half empty, say it's half full!" - but it means the same thing! The only thing I can think that is good about Ancic/Calleri is that Ancic wll be tired, as he's in the Auckland final now!!! As for "poor Flo Serra" - David Ferrer is struggling with an ankle injury :sad: so I think Serra will win easily. As for Mark P. - sorry to the Aussies here - but I :devil: Mark P. :fiery:
I have the same positive feelings to Mark P. :angel:
And as about the glass, yeah I think it's everywhere full / empty. But last days I'm creating new golden thoughts and in my dormitory there are 3 kitchens per corridor (around 40 rooms), we don't have a sink in the room and we must go the the cold corridor (no heating) to do the washing up. That's why the glass should be half clean and we still can use it :devil:.

Aww I didn't know about David's injury :( He's my fave Spaniard... I'm never happy to learn about injuries.

Yeah, maybe Jarkko can hold Mario as long as he held Ollie Rochus last night... Mario usually isn't physicallly well-prepared. I guess it should depend on a day. Agustin surely has got the weapon to beat Mario. But theoretically, Agustin has wonderful weapons to beat any other player in the world, even including Federer. Do you know what's about Agustin's health?

*Ljubica*
01-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I have the same positive feelings to Mark P. :angel:
And as about the glass, yeah I think it's everywhere full / empty. But last days I'm creating new golden thoughts and in my dormitory there are 3 kitchens per corridor (around 40 rooms), we don't have a sink in the room and we must go the the cold corridor (no heating) to do the washing up. That's why the glass should be half clean and we still can use it :devil:.

Aww I didn't know about David's injury :( He's my fave Spaniard... I'm never happy to learn about injuries.

Yeah, maybe Jarkko can hold Mario as long as he held Ollie Rochus last night... Mario usually isn't physicallly well-prepared. I guess it should depend on a day. Agustin surely has got the weapon to beat Mario. But theoretically, Agustin has wonderful weapons to beat any other player in the world, even including Federer. Do you know what's about Agustin's health?

I have not heard anything bad about Agustin's health - so I guess that means that everything is OK at the moment :) David Ferrer has quite a bad ankle injury and things don't look good for him (hence his 2-6, 0-6 loss to Rochus yesterday :sad: ) Thanks for explaining about the glass thing!!!

*Ljubica*
01-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Chucho's match is last on Court 3 on Monday - after a WTA match and the Ancic/Calleri tie. I assume it will probably start between 3.00am - 4.00am English time (4.00am-5.00am in the rest of Europe) - sorry - no good at calculating US times :sad: Good Luck Chucho :bounce:

ReturnWinner
01-14-2006, 02:26 PM
good luck chucho :woohoo: i hope get the match on tv

Action Jackson
01-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Well Chucho has nothing to lose and that can only be a good thing, just hope he can do some good work and he is an Argentine on a show court and Calleri is the match before it, though as for being on TV, it depends on how long the Nalbandian match is.

Chucho needs to serve well and try and move the ball around instead of going the slugfest, but if he can get it to a 5th set then I will back him, just hope he is relaxed.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Good luck to Chucho!!! :rocker:

Effka
01-16-2006, 03:07 AM
:yeah: Good luck Chucho.

There probably won't be any coverage here ( I blame it on the French <eurosport> haha!) and i'm not sure if i'm gonna stay awake so long to cross my fingers for Chucho. It's 4 am and i'm taking my time here at my comp, 'cause there are two women playing tennis on tv right now, which makes me wanna fall asleep.

caffeine my friend, i neeeeeeed you.

*Ljubica*
01-16-2006, 06:12 AM
:yeah: Good luck Chucho.

There probably won't be any coverage here ( I blame it on the French <eurosport> haha!) and i'm not sure if i'm gonna stay awake so long to cross my fingers for Chucho. It's 4 am and i'm taking my time here at my comp, 'cause there are two women playing tennis on tv right now, which makes me wanna fall asleep.

caffeine my friend, i neeeeeeed you.

Well it's 6.00am here - I just got up - and Chucho lost the first set 2-6 :sad: You were rght about Eurosport though - we have no coverage here either - just screaming Ms. Sharapova wearing something best described as a baby-doll nightdress :devil: I might as well go to work - good luck Chucho - please fight back.

alelysafina
01-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Chucho lost to blake 2-6 3-6 6-4 6-7(4) :sad:

Effka
01-16-2006, 10:11 AM
:rolleyes:
not that bad actually :p

lau
01-16-2006, 11:46 AM
:sad:

ReturnWinner
01-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Jose was about to come back in the match he had many chances in the fourth set :sad:

kataanna
01-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Well, he won one set, that's more I expected... Blake won a tournament last week, so it was hard even to dream of something more for Chucho :(

I♥PsY@Mus!c
01-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Chucho should have won the 4th set! :bigcry:

Effka
01-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Ok people, Chucho/Prieto double team is in the third round of AO. Bjorkman and Mirnyi are next opponents, seeded 2, tough challenge. Anyway Chucho and Sebastian already defeated Davydenko/Andreev and Haggard/Levy and let's hope (or pray :angel: ) they're not done yet.

Good luck boys :wavey:

Effka
01-23-2006, 11:45 PM
If anyone's interested, they lost in straight sets :p

Action Jackson
01-25-2006, 05:41 AM
It was a good performance in the doubles in tough conditions against a very good team.

Now they off to play in Viña del Mar and vamos Chucho.

Kristen
01-25-2006, 09:59 AM
If I remember to do it, I have a cute photo of the two of them spraying aerogard in each others faces, to repel the insects that night. Kind of blurry, but kind of cute. I'll see if I can fix it up when I get home.

(If I forget, PM me to remind me! ;))

Action Jackson
01-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Sure Kristen, I will definitely do that.

*Ljubica*
01-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Good Luck to Chucho in South America - and love the new Thread Title :)

Choupi
01-25-2006, 02:23 PM
If I remember to do it, I have a cute photo of the two of them spraying aerogard in each others faces, to repel the insects that night. Kind of blurry, but kind of cute. I'll see if I can fix it up when I get home.

(If I forget, PM me to remind me! ;))
Yes please, share that photo with us here. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Effka
01-25-2006, 03:42 PM
I love the new title as well :worship:

Go get'em tiger, south america is your teritory :devil:

Fergie
01-29-2006, 01:36 AM
Viña Main Draw

(1) GAUDIO, Gaston ARG v (WC) PARADA, Felipe CHI
ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP v RAMIREZ HIDALGO, Ruben ESP
CAPDEVILLE, Paul CHI v VENTURA, Santiago ESP
MONACO, Juan ARG v (6) MONTANES, Albert ESP

(3) ACASUSO, Jose ARG v NAVARRO PASTOR, Ivan ESP
Qualifier v HORNA, Luis PER
(WC) AGUILAR, Jorge CHI v (WC) HORMAZABAL, Guillermo CHI
Qualifier v (7) BERLOCQ, Carlos ARG

(5) MASSU, Nicolas CHI v DANIEL, Marcos BRA
Qualifier v MARIN, Juan Antonio CRC
Qualifier v BEHREND, Tomas GER
VICENTE, Fernando ESP v (4) CALLERI, Agustin ARG

(8) PASHANSKI, Boris SCG v SARETTA, Flavio BRA
DI MAURO, Alessio ITA v GARCIA, Adrian CHI
DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG v PORTAS, Albert ESP
MAZARAKIS, Vasilis GRE v (2) GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI

lau
01-31-2006, 05:54 AM
Good luck Chucho!! :bounce:

Nathaliia
01-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Oh. Looks like Chucho should win 1st round and the deal would be with Horna. If he wins, way to semis shouldn't be a problem.
I think I talk too much ;)
Let's wait.

lau
01-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Gustavo Marcaccio (ARG, Q, 486º) d. Luis Horna (70º) 76 06 62

It should be easier for Chucho..., but he needs to win the first round first :p

Nathaliia
01-31-2006, 03:23 PM
What happened to Horna :retard: This guy Marcaccio is an average challenger player and has been injured for most of last months and didn't play anywhere except of football in front of TV cameras.

lau
01-31-2006, 03:26 PM
What happened to Horna :retard: This guy Marcaccio is an average challenger player and has been injured for most of last months and didn't play anywhere except of football in front of TV cameras.
:lol: I admit I felt sorry for Horna whenI heard the news.

Fergie
01-31-2006, 03:27 PM
Horna played the worst match ever :smash:

Vamos Chucho! :bounce:

bad gambler
02-01-2006, 01:55 AM
solid win by chucho

He beat Navarro Pastor 6-3 6-2 :yeah:

Choupi
02-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Great news. Thanks. :)

Effka
02-01-2006, 04:25 PM
yeah :yeah: I thought that the clay season would never come ;)

Good luck in the next round Chucho. I saw Marcaccio couple of times in Zabaleta's show and i always thought that he was just some kind of a physical trainer, or maybe one of their friends :P Anyway, straight way to the quaters in my opinion :cool:

Action Jackson
02-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Chucho won a match that he should have and is in the same position for the next two matches. The only thing he needs to do is get it done on court and play his game.

Fergie
02-02-2006, 02:16 PM

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Chucho def Macaraccio 6-1 6-1 :woohoo:

Effka
02-02-2006, 07:55 PM
:bigclap:

I hope i won't regret saying that so early, but i really smell a chance for a final here. Aguilar or Friedl up next, then Hidalgo or Montanes. C'mon Chucho, you can do it! :cool:

Nathaliia
02-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Effka, don't we say in Poland "nie mów hop póki nie przeskoczysz?"
("Don't say *jump* until you jumped")

Then in Chucho's case it should be "Don't say *jump* until you have landed on both legs".

Effka
02-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Well, my negative attitude ('nah, he's gonna lose anyway') didn't help much this year, so i decided to change my supporting tactics and i'm trying some positive thinking now ;)

If the atp page doesn't lie, we've got doubles final in Vina del Mar :worship: Way to go boys.

Oh, and there's a chance that Chucho will play in DC :eek:

PS. Have a good time in Wroclaw girls :drink: ;)

bad gambler
02-03-2006, 12:46 AM
davis cup would be a great experience for chucho if he gets selected

Action Jackson
02-03-2006, 01:49 AM
Well since Gaudio looks likely to miss the tie, and Chucho is the next one in line to be selected and he is good enough to be included in the squad, but he has a tournament that he needs to keep focused on.

Nathaliia
02-03-2006, 06:21 AM
Well, my negative attitude ('nah, he's gonna lose anyway') didn't help much this year, so i decided to change my supporting tactics and i'm trying some positive thinking now ;)

If the atp page doesn't lie, we've got doubles final in Vina del Mar :worship: Way to go boys.

Oh, and there's a chance that Chucho will play in DC :eek:

PS. Have a good time in Wroclaw girls :drink: ;)
I take strong medicine, so I won't be :drink: plus one failed exam (even due to my illness) make me feel I don't deserve :drink: for a longer time.

Anyways Chucho :bounce: in singles and doubles :yeah:

Choupi
02-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Yes, it would be great indeed if he could play DC. It's always a great experience. But he needs to remain focused on Viña for the moment.

*Ljubica*
02-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Well done Chucho for what you have achieved in Viña so far :)

Action Jackson
02-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Chucho is through to the semi finals and plays Ramirez-Hidalgo for a place in the final.

He struggled to beat Friedl by winning 3-6 6-1 7-5 and Friedl was up 5-3 serving for the match.

Effka
02-03-2006, 07:28 PM
That was a very tough win for Chucho, I'm really glad that he held mentally in the third set, that wasn't easy.

I'm quite anxious about the next match, i remember him playing RRH in Bucharest and he lost in straight sets. And the Spaniard has had a great run this week. Hopefully, Chucho will make it to the final. Fingers crossed.

*Ljubica*
02-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Great win for Chucho - showing great mental strength and fortitude :worship: Btw - looks like he WILL be the replacement for Gaudio in the DC next week - this from Vale over on Gastón's Forum (thanks Vale):-
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/777603

Far from Buenos Aires, but close to the news, the hours of yesterday cannot have been easy for Alberto Mancini. In the heat of Rosario, mobile in hand, the Davis Cup captain suffered with those calls that, increasing in frequency, kept informing him that Gaudio´s shoulder injury was serious and really worrying. In the midst of his dilemma, Mancini sees a light coming from Viña del Mar to help him out of this labyrinth: José Acasuso, who is today the main candidate to occupy the empty space that could be caused by Gaudio´s injury.

bad gambler
02-04-2006, 03:04 AM
hopefully he ices the DC call up with a title here, it has been a long time between drinks for the big man

Fergie
02-04-2006, 03:21 AM
Great win Chucho! :woohoo:

Good luck in semis! :yeah:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-04-2006, 10:34 AM
It would be nice if he and Gonzo kick asses tonight! :aplot:

maria87
02-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Bravo, Chucho!

oh well, i hope this could be the year of Chucho, he has to start some time, to show his great potential!! I am from Buenos Aires!! hi, everybody, i love Chucho's game since i saw him reaching Buenos Aires Finals in 2002...was in 2002 when he lost to Kuerten? Chucho was 18 yea rold...Vamos, Chucho! he has really better game than González....he can do it if he believes in himself!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Hi Maria87! :bigwave: I've just watched his only one match-FO against the duck last year. :bigclap: I like his baseline strokes and he had fighting spirit in that match so I started paying more attention to him. :aplot:

maria87
02-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi Maria87! :bigwave: I've just watched his only one match-FO against the duck last year. :bigclap: I like his baseline strokes and he had fighting spirit in that match so I started paying more attention to him. :aplot:

hi!! :wavey: well, the match against the duck was superb! great moment fo Chucho and for me!!!! :yeah: :clap2:

lau
02-04-2006, 11:02 PM
:woohoo: Chucho in the final!! :woohoo:
And nice scoreline :yeah:

bad gambler
02-04-2006, 11:07 PM
vamos chucho, finish the job now :bounce:

maria87
02-04-2006, 11:09 PM
vamos chucho, finish the job now :bounce:

YES, he did it!! 6-2, 6-4!! :)

bad gambler
02-04-2006, 11:10 PM
YES, he did it!! 6-2, 6-4!! :)

I meant in the final ;)

maria87
02-04-2006, 11:13 PM
I meant in the final ;)

oh, sorry!! i didn't get you!!!

ok so, finish the job!! who will be there Gonzo or the Vampire??

ReturnWinner
02-04-2006, 11:16 PM
yes well done chucho a very solid performance :worship:
I think he did not face any bp??????

now he will play the doubles final with prieto against cermak/friedl

maria87
02-04-2006, 11:21 PM

now he will play the doubles final with prieto against cermak/friedl

yes, i think no bp during the match...why Fox or TyC are not showing the tourny?? weird...

yes, i hope to playalso doubles match won't be so much for him...He said in TV interview that he will have time to rest if he reaches the Final...And he did reach it!

Effka
02-04-2006, 11:26 PM
:woohoo:

he simply made my day :cool:

Nathaliia
02-04-2006, 11:28 PM
:wavey:
Chucho :yeah:

ReturnWinner
02-04-2006, 11:29 PM
the reason is football football footballl :mad: :rolleyes:
yes, i think no bp during the match...why Fox or TyC are not showing the tourny?? weird...

yes, i hope to playalso doubles match won't be so much for him...He said in TV interview that he will have time to rest if he reaches the Final...And he did reach it!

Fergie
02-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Just one in the first set ... But was saved with an ace :)

Fergie
02-05-2006, 01:38 AM
In doubles final: Acasuso/Prieto d. Cermak/Friedl 7-6 6-4 :woohoo:

Effka
02-05-2006, 01:45 AM
:aparty: :smoke:

It's feels really good today to be Chucho's fan :)

Good luck against Massu or Gonzalez. And don't drink too much tonight ;)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-05-2006, 04:35 AM
Chucho rocks! :bigclap:

Action Jackson
02-05-2006, 04:46 AM
There is a long way to go and Chucho has already covered his points from Buenos Aires and he is not the favourite in the final against either Massu or Gonzalez.

The facts are he made the final, which is great and all, but the players he beat on the way to the final are ones that he should be beating.

Choupi
02-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Chucho has reached the final of the event. That's all that counts. Now, he has to play a Chilean, in front of a Chilean crowd, in Chile. For an Argentine, that's not what can be considered the easiest. But, it's a final. Just hope he'll battle and give his best. Vamos Chucho. :)

Action Jackson
02-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Time for Chucho to get out the garlic and beat El Vampiro and this is home town as well.

Everything is against him in this match and it will be a very good test of character, all the Chileans wanting him to lose badly and the crowd will be very loud and also playing against someone from Viña, will add to the hostile atmosphere.

He can only do his best and just hope he is prepared for the tricks.

lau
02-05-2006, 12:40 PM
If Gastón could do it last year Chucho can do it this year :cool:
Vamos Chucho!! :bounce:

maria87
02-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Time for Chucho to get out the garlic and beat El Vampiro and this is home town as well.

Everything is against him in this match and it will be a very good test of character, all the Chileans wanting him to lose badly and the crowd will be very loud and also playing against someone from Viña, will add to the hostile atmosphere.

He can only do his best and just hope he is prepared for the tricks.

oh, yes...it will be a test, more if you consider that Davis Cup is so close, you know? Always have been a WAR between chileans and argentinians, viwth very difficult issues...for example, Zabaleta doesnt want to go there to play anymore because of the offenses got from the audiencie and things like that...I hope these things will finish, but for sure it won't be easy for Chucho!!! so the Vampire won the SF???

(and Chucho just won the Doubles Finals!! :) !!

Action Jackson
02-05-2006, 12:52 PM
oh, yes...it will be a test, more if you consider that Davis Cup is so close, you know? Always have been a WAR between chileans and argentinians, viwth very difficult issues...for example, Zabaleta doesnt want to go there to play anymore because of the offenses got from the audiencie and things like that...I hope these things will finish, but for sure it won't be easy for Chucho!!! so the Vampire won the SF???

(and Chucho just won the Doubles Finals!! :) !!

Well, the issue between Chile and Argentina has been ongoing for a long time andof course they are going to make it very hostile for Chucho. If he wins or does very well, then he should be able to handle Davis Cup quite well, but that's later down the track and yes El Vampiro is his opponent.

*Ljubica*
02-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Congrats Chucho - a Final against another player I like will be hard for me :sad: -just hope it's a good match and that the crowd don't put Chucho off too much.

maria87
02-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Well, the issue between Chile and Argentina has been ongoing for a long time andof course they are going to make it very hostile for Chucho. If he wins or does very well, then he should be able to handle Davis Cup quite well, but that's later down the track and yes El Vampiro is his opponent.

yes, George....he must handle the pressure if he wants to be in Davis Cup team....but the best thing is the Chucho said yesterday that he respect his possible opponents but he wants to win!!!
see the article i have just posted in News and Articles!

lau
02-06-2006, 03:09 AM
:woohoo:Chucho defeated Massú 6-4 6-3 to win the Viña del Mar title!!
Well done Chucho!! :yeah: (although I admit it was not the best Massu tonight on court...)

bad gambler
02-06-2006, 03:11 AM
:woohoo:Chucho defeated Massú 6-4 6-3 to win the Viña del Mar title!!
Well done Chucho!! :yeah: (although I admit it was not the best Massu tonight on court...)

i watched the last set, Massu did make some stupid errors but that should not take anything away from chucho's win

congrats big man :yeah:

lau
02-06-2006, 03:13 AM
i watched the last set, Massu did make some stupid errors but that should not take anything away from chucho's win

congrats big man :yeah:
Of course not!! ;) It was just a comment about the match...
:woohoo: This made my day :D

Effka
02-06-2006, 03:28 AM
What a day (middle of the night actually at my place), what a week! :worship:

That was a great performance by Chucho, everything was there, especially that bh i love so much :cool:

Chucho, now you can finally have w drink or two :devil:

RogiFan88
02-06-2006, 03:48 AM
Altho I'm not a Chucho fan, congratulations to him on winning both Singles and Doubles titles in the same tourney in Vina del Mar, well done! Not many players can do it! ;)

lau
02-06-2006, 03:52 AM
Altho I'm not a Chucho fan, congratulations to him on winning both Singles and Doubles titles in the same tourney in Vina del Mar, well done! Not many players can do it! ;)
:hug: :)

Action Jackson
02-06-2006, 04:28 AM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/party/party-smiley-048.gif

Chucho got the garlic out and slayed the Vampire and handled the crowd very well. Yes, it's great he won the singles and doubles in Chile.

Now, he can think about Davis Cup and then do better in the TMS events on clay which should be the longer term goal for the big man now.

Choupi
02-06-2006, 05:30 AM
Congrats Chucho for those 2 titles. Great job. Time for some celebration now but don't forget DC!!

marti_228
02-06-2006, 05:38 AM
He is now number 33, his best career ranking :clap2:

~EMiLiTA~
02-06-2006, 06:03 AM
congrats to chucho for his double wammy in Viña!! he deserves it! :)

*Ljubica*
02-06-2006, 06:17 AM
Many congrats to Chucho :bigclap:

maria87
02-06-2006, 11:11 AM
What a victory, Chucho!! in 2 sets against Massu in Chile! WOW! and after winning doubles titles! he is in the homepage of ATP site! CONGRATS!! :bigclap:

He handle the pressure, he wins with authority!! he is ready to play Davis Cup! :)

olimpo
02-06-2006, 05:02 PM
congratulations to him on winning both Singles and Doubles titles in the same tourney in Vina del Mar, well done! Not many players can do it! ;)

:yeah: Exactly my thoughts. Last year only 2 players achieved that: Roger in Halle and Fernando in Basel ;)

Congrats Chucho! :worship:

enqvistfan
02-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Congrats to Jose in his victories in the single and double tournaments :clap2:
Good luck to him in 2006 :bounce:

Aguante_el_Gato
02-06-2006, 07:39 PM
:hatoff: :hatoff: Congrats Chucho for your singles and doubles titles in Viña.

Aguante_el_Gato
02-06-2006, 07:44 PM
and also congrats for the official nomination in the argentine DC team :yeah:

enqvistfan
02-06-2006, 07:48 PM

Yes, congrats, deserved :yeah:

maria87
02-06-2006, 08:06 PM

where did you see it? in the Davis Cup official site the Gato is still there and not Chucho :confused:

Effka
02-06-2006, 08:08 PM
^ DC site sucks then :)

Chucho's in for sho :cool:

maria87
02-06-2006, 08:10 PM
where did you see it? in the Davis Cup official site the Gato is still there and not Chucho :confused:

I have just seen the news in Clarín right now :)

does anybody remember when Chucho palyed the ARGa Cup, and Argentine won? i think Chucho could be a good Davis Cup player...I hope Mancini gives him the opposrtunity to play one of the singles

Fergie
02-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Congrats Chucho, great match! :yeah:

bad gambler
02-06-2006, 10:34 PM
hmm i wonder if Mancini would ever give the thought of a Chucho/Prieto combination for Davis Cup doubles going forward when gaudio returns.

ReturnWinner
02-07-2006, 12:08 AM
well done Jose :worship: he played a pretty good match even although he did not serve as good as he can

but he was consistent ,patient and dictated the play with his big forehand

maria87
02-07-2006, 02:38 AM
well done Jose :worship: he played a pretty good match even although he did not serve as good as he can

but he was consistent ,patient and dictated the play with his big forehand

i couldn't see the match, ReturnWinner, did you see his serve wasn't fully working? because i read in the newspapers it was! tell me your opinion, please....( i already replied your message!) :)

Action Jackson
02-07-2006, 03:59 AM
hmm i wonder if Mancini would ever give the thought of a Chucho/Prieto combination for Davis Cup doubles going forward when gaudio returns.

The problem with that is that Prieto isn't a viable option in the singles and the team would lack some flexibility if he was selected.

maria87
02-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Mats Wilander in Buenos Aires about Chucho in Argentina team: (in Deporivo Olé)

—¿Cómo le cayó el cambio de Acasuso por Gaudio?

—¿Al final no juega Gastón?

—No: lesión de hombro.

—Mmm, no es demasiada diferencia, aún con sus antecedentes. Acasuso está en un gran nivel, subiendo en el ranking. La serie será muy difícil para nosotros, no descubro nada con eso.

Translation:
How do you feel the change: Acasuso instead Gaudio?
W- Gaudio will not play finally?
R- NO
W- Well, the change doesn't make any difference. Acasuso is playing in great level right now, raising his ranking...The serie will be very hard to us, i am not founding anything new with that...

{Annie}
02-07-2006, 11:45 AM
:bounce: :bounce: well done Chucho :yeah: great win and congrats on the DC team debut

lau
02-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Nice new title!! :lol: :yeah:
:bounce: :bounce: well done Chucho :yeah: great win and congrats on the DC team debut
Annie!! :kiss:

maria87
02-07-2006, 12:12 PM

Nice to see, Marat's fans are also Chucho's fans. ;) ...When i discovered Chucho at his 18 reaching Buenos Aires ATP finals i thought he is the only one from Argentina that reminds me Marat: big service, good groundstroken (is that the word?), nice and very fast backhand down the line, very tall and big, and with that look of lazy and sleepy so much appealing! :D I loved him inmediatelly as i loved Marat as soon as i saw him for the first time!

Eugenia
02-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Congratulations Chucho! :bigclap: Great tournament in Viña and deserved place in the ARG DC Team!!! :bounce:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Congrats to him for winning both titles. :aparty::rocker2::bigclap:

Action Jackson
02-11-2006, 05:25 AM
What an excellent start with his DC career and the fans will get behind him even more, then when he made his first impact on the tour losing as a qualifier in the final to Guga in Buenos Aires in 2001.

lau
02-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Chucho will have what we call "un baño de multitudes" ("bath of multitudes", sounds horrible in English) with this DC debut and then the Buenos Aires ATP :cool: I hope this helps him with his confidence for the rest of the year..., or at lest till RG :p

maria87
02-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Chucho will have what we call "un baño de multitudes" ("bath of multitudes", sounds horrible in English) with this DC debut and then the Buenos Aires ATP :cool: I hope this helps him with his confidence for the rest of the year..., or at lest till RG :p

me too!! :wavey:

lau
02-11-2006, 10:06 PM
José´s first match in BA´s ATP is against Albert Montañés. The draw is not complete yet (qualified players missing).

*Ljubica*
02-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Here is what we know of the draw so far..................

(1) Nalbandian (ARG) vs Martín (ESP)
Pashanski (SER) vs (WC) Brzezicki (ARG)
Behrend (ALE) vs Berlocq (ARG)
Vicente (ESP) vs (6) Volandri (ITA)

(4) Acasuso (ARG) vs Montañés (ESP)
() No definido () vs () No definido ()
Marín (CRC) vs Sabau (RUM)
Calleri (ARG) vs (7) Serra (FRA)

(8) Chela (ARG) vs Horna (PER)
Mónaco (ARG) vs Starace (ITA)
(WC) Kuerten (BRA) vs Saretta (BRA)
(WC) Del Potro (ARG) vs (3) Ferrero (ESP)

(5) Moya (ESP) vs Qualifier
Daniel (BRA) vs Massú (CHI)
() No definido () vs () No definido ()
Vanek (CHE) vs (2) Coria (ARG)

Effka
02-11-2006, 10:36 PM
That's a good draw. No expectations, but something different than at least semis would be surprising. I hope he won't be tired (or hangovered ;) ) after the DC. The line-up is very strong and it will be an interesting tournament to follow for sure :yeah:

Action Jackson
02-12-2006, 04:58 AM
At least the semis, yes that isn't a high expectation at all.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Very good draw.Recently his form is better than Nalbandian,I think he can take the title again! :rocker2:

Effka
02-12-2006, 10:49 AM
What I'm saying is just that the draw looks promising but i'm really far away from expecting him to take advantage of that ;)

Action Jackson
02-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Here is the full draw.

(1) Nalbandian (ARG) vs Martín (ESP)
Pashanski (SCG) vs (WC) Brzezicki (ARG)
Behrend (GER) vs Berlocq (ARG)
Vicente (ESP) vs (6) Volandri (ITA)

(4) Acasuso (ARG) vs Montañés (ESP)
Mello (BRA) vs Qualifier
Marín (CRC) vs Sabau (RUM)
Calleri (ARG) vs (7) Serra (FRA)

(8) Chela (ARG) vs Horna (PER)
Mónaco (ARG) vs Starace (ITA)
(WC) Kuerten (BRA) vs Saretta (BRA)
(WC) Del Potro (ARG) vs (3) Ferrero (ESP)

(5) Moya (ESP) vs Qualifier
Daniel (BRA) vs Massú (CHI)
Qualifier vs Qualifier
Vanek (CHE) vs (2) Coria (ARG)

Talk of Chucho winning the title is premature.

bad gambler
02-12-2006, 11:18 AM
With such a quality field it is unrealistic IMO to expect Chucho to win - but to me this will be a nice prelude to the upcoming clay masters series where I expect him to have a good run. If he can show us that he can be competitive with the likes of Moya, GG, Nalbandian, Coria and the like on clay a big clay season and a climb up the rankings come the French Open is not out of the question.

But this is Chcucho and expecting him to put together solid back to back tournaments is a bit :tape:

Action Jackson
02-12-2006, 11:23 AM
With such a quality field it is unrealistic IMO to expect Chucho to win - but to me this will be a nice prelude to the upcoming clay masters series where I expect him to have a good run. If he can show us that he can be competitive with the likes of Moya, GG, Nalbandian, Coria and the like on clay a big clay season and a climb up the rankings come the French Open is not out of the question.

But this is Chcucho and expecting him to put together solid back to back tournaments is a bit :tape:

It's not a sprint my good man. Chucho needs to be peaking around May and the thing is that he has hardly played in the big 3 events outside of RG and when he has played there, the performances haven't been great.

Actually I expect the big man to do alright there, as he does have good feelings especially since this is the place, where he had his first major success. After this, then I expect the Chucho of old to come back for a while, but all I am looking for is some good performances in the bigger events and a good one here.

bad gambler
02-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Of the 3 big Masters tournaments which ones do you think he will play? Do you think it is urealistic to think he would play all 3 given now he has the luxury of direct entry?

Action Jackson
02-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Of the 3 big Masters tournaments which ones do you think he will play? Do you think it is urealistic to think he would play all 3 given now he has the luxury of direct entry?

This is Chucho and as long as he is fit, I think he will play all of them and Barcelona as well.

He has the chance of getting some good points at these events. I mean it'd be good if he did well in Monaco and then if he blows Rome or Hamburg, it's not a bad thing.

Effka
02-12-2006, 11:40 AM
I know this might be thinking a little bit far ahead but i hope he will earn to play at RG with a number by his name.

Action Jackson
02-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Chucho is a bit like Baghdatis in the way, that he doesn't have many points to defend. I mean he has covered the semi points from Buenos Aires 05 and whatever happens will happen. If he is seeded good, if not, then it's no big deal and being a seed at RG hasn't guaranteed anyone a title.

No need to get too far ahead as there is a long way to go. This is a higher level of tournament and this is where the consistent performances need to happen.

Fergie
02-12-2006, 11:56 AM

Choupi
02-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Good luck Big Man.

maria87
02-12-2006, 12:44 PM

But this is Chucho and expecting him to put together solid back to back tournaments is a bit :tape:

he already beat Gaudio when he was 18 and he played his first AtP Buenos Aires and also beat Coria in other times (twice)..so now more mature and very confidence i don't know why he wouldn't do it. Coria, Ferrero, Guga and Moyá are not in their best moments...I think the unique important opponent Chucho has is Nalbandian right now...and clay is not the best surface for Nalbandian neither for Chela, so i expect for Chucho to win it! He feels so much comfortable also playing in Buenos Aires, so i have really good expectations... :)

maria87
02-12-2006, 12:58 PM
more: in 1999 he beat Nalbandian and Coria on clay....

Action Jackson
02-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Big expectations only lead to big disappointments.

maria87
02-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Big expectations only lead to big disappointments.

well, i won't be disappointed if he lost, George...I just tried to say that he has really good chances to win it...if he doen'st, well, no problem...it will be next time... :)

Effka
02-12-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm not a fan of making some expectations about Chucho's performances, I'm really not. But I think it's right about time to switch on some positive thinking. I tried to avoid that for a really long time, but recently I’ve come to realize that it's much better when I put some more faith in him. I'm aware of disappointments, but that's the risk I'm going to take. Maybe he’s not ready yet to beat Nalbandian or Coria on daily basis but he’s got the potential to be competitive. I’m completely aware that my thoughts might sound a bit irrational or premature, but it works just better for me to believe that he’s capable of doing something big instead of thinking if he’s going to survive the first round. I’m not trying to put any responsibility on his arms I’m just being supportive.

maria87
02-12-2006, 09:45 PM
but it works just better for me to believe that he’s capable of doing something big instead of thinking if he’s going to survive the first round. I’m not trying to put any responsibility on his arms I’m just being supportive.

i am totally with you Effka....and more, he is really capable to beat Coria, i know that...i am not saying he will do it but he is capable for sure: to me Coria is playing worse and worse (his serve is terrible) and the complete game of Chucho and his power could really beat him. I hope so!! and i will cheer on him to do it!! As i said before, if he lost, there's always a next time! but i believe he can win this tournament. I saw him losing the finals in 2001 agianst Guga: 5 years ago!! He is ready now to win :)

Action Jackson
02-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Good luck Big Man.

Well said and I mean just cause Chucho won a title, doesn't mean he has all of a sudden got the ruthless Federer consistency and as much I enjoyed the win, it was a weak field and his final performance was excellent, more needs to be done.

Talk of semis is over the top. Chucho is capable of a lot of things, some strange and others brilliant, as I said before it's not a sprint and whether he can show his talents consistently is another question and if he does, then the results will take care of themselves.

maria87
02-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Chucho is capable of a lot of things, some strange and others brilliant, as I said before it's not a sprint and whether he can show his talents consistently is another question and if he does, then the results will take care of themselves.

Of course, agree with you!! We'll see if he can show his potential consistently and see if he can play so good more than 2 weeks...this is the challenge of Buenos Aires ATP for Chucho...I really beleive he can do it and this is his time to go ahead!! Vamos Chucho!! Good lucl!!! :) If not, we always will support him and wait for next time!

Action Jackson
02-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Of course, agree with you!! We'll see if he can show his potential consistently and see if he can play so good more than 2 weeks...this is the challenge of Buenos Aires ATP for Chucho...I really beleive he can do it and this is his time to go ahead!! Vamos Chucho!! Good lucl!!! :) If not, we always will support him and wait for next time!

He has a big opportunity here for sure, but things are a bit different now and there is more expected of him. He has a very good team around him and this is important as well, but he can only do his best on the day.

maria87
02-13-2006, 12:41 PM
He has a big opportunity here for sure, but things are a bit different now and there is more expected of him. He has a very good team around him and this is important as well, but he can only do his best on the day.

yes, right...chucho himself said after Davis Cup that people in tennis is taking him as a favorite because of his last great results, so maybe the pressure is already on him! I hope he could handle it.. as you said he has a great team behind him, i hope they could help him to handle the pressure...

Action Jackson
02-14-2006, 04:52 AM
Chucho is on tomorrow night as the last night match.

maria87
02-14-2006, 11:56 AM

yes...and Coria almos beaten by Jiri Vanek yesterday night...he was lucky and Vanek got injured in his leg. Coria won the third set in tie-break.

lau
02-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Go Chucho! :bounce:
I won´t be able to watch it this time... :sad:

maria87
02-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Go Chucho! :bounce:
I won´t be able to watch it this time... :sad:

i will watch it tonight and i will tell you what i see :yeah:

Effka
02-15-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure if i'm going to follow the match :sad: That's what happens when you have to share computer with older brother :rolleyes: He will probably let me to look at the score from time to time but that's it :( Anyway, looking forward to your report Maria :yeah:

Vamos Chucho :cool:

Action Jackson
02-15-2006, 02:42 AM
Chucho wins 6-1 6-3 against an opponent he should be beating and plays Vassallo Arguello in the second round.

lau
02-15-2006, 02:47 AM
I finally watched the last set :yeah: Well done! Everything was working, his serve, he was moving great... :) Montañes never had a chance.
He said Vassallo Arguello is his best friend in the tour, BTW.
He also said that he "feels the matches" (he meant his body is feeling the fatigue after playing so many matches).
Good luck for next match, Chucho! :bounce:

EDIT: I thought it was only me, but the commentators said that they noticed he gets a little "emotional" (at least since Davis Cup) every time he names his family and his team after the matches :awww:

maria87
02-15-2006, 02:50 AM
I'm not sure if i'm going to follow the match :sad: That's what happens when you have to share computer with older brother :rolleyes: He will probably let me to look at the score from time to time but that's it :( Anyway, looking forward to your report Maria :yeah:

Vamos Chucho :cool:

Match report

Chucho won in 2 sets 6-1, 6-3 and playerd very well, very comfortable and confident, very calm...powerful service and some beautiful points on the net, as the one to convert the break-point in second set...very nice volley:) after a strong forehand...He looks very well although maybe a little bit tired ( a little bit more errors) After the match Chucho again was touched because the crowd was very nice he said cheering on him..also said thanks to his family and team...Really really nice guy talking to the press. Very humble said "there is a long way till the finals, that he has to follow pass by pass" Next opponent will be one of his best freinds since childhood he said. An also that he is feeling a little bit all the matches he played in a row (Viñas and Davis Cup).
He was all in white, very tall and ellegant, very good looking!! (and not stoned at all!) hahahah :)

the reporter said after the match: "the tennis of Chucho invites to dream" :wavey:

Choupi
02-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Good job Big Man. And thanks for the reports.

Effka
02-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the report :hug:

and best of luck to Chucho in the next round :rocker2:

maria87
02-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the report :hug:

and best of luck to Chucho in the next round :rocker2:

you are welcome, Choupi and Effka and all of you :D

i will do a report anytime i can! :yeah: I am so happy to see Chucho playing this way, so mature and calm, so good shots! It is evident he is trying to play more in the net, as a result of his doubles matches experience, and he is doing it very well. The olnly thing to concern is that his beautiful backhand didn't work so much yesterday: the most of the fails were backhands on the net or long parallel backhand passings: that, one of his beautiful shots, wasn't working yesterday. Maybe is just one match thing, maybe caused by his tireness...Hope it will be solved next!

bad gambler
02-15-2006, 12:04 PM
great to see there was no DC letdown :yeah:

Action Jackson
02-15-2006, 12:07 PM
great to see there was no DC letdown :yeah:

Long way to go and GM has become the Chucho forum for the week.

bad gambler
02-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Long way to go and GM has become the Chucho forum for the week.

dare i mention the word bandwagon? :tape:

Action Jackson
02-15-2006, 01:09 PM

Imagine if he wins something big.

bad gambler
02-15-2006, 01:42 PM

:lol:

well if that happens and GM go Chucho crazy I won't mind it too much, it would mean he is playing well :)

Action Jackson
02-15-2006, 01:46 PM

well if that happens and GM go Chucho crazy I won't mind it too much, it would mean he is playing well :)

Yes and no, but the bandwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagon thing is amusing to say the least as it can be irritating.

In my case, he will still be the inconsistent, likeable stoner that he is now, but if he won something big, look at the fools at how they go on about Gasquet, just a funny phase.

As I said before I don't have expectations for this tournament or for the season. He has potential, but I am still waiting for the big scalps.

bad gambler
02-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Yes and no, but the bandwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagon thing is amusing to say the least as it can be irritating.

In my case, he will still be the inconsistent, likeable stoner that he is now, but if he won something big, look at the fools at how they go on about Gasquet, just a funny phase.

As I said before I don't have expectations for this tournament or for the season. He has potential, but I am still waiting for the big scalps.

whaattt?????????????? andy roddick at RG last year wasn't big enough for you? :p

but i agree, until he beats the who's who of the tennis world, he really hasn't achieved that much, and would not have done his talents any justice.

Action Jackson
02-15-2006, 02:01 PM
whaattt?????????????? andy roddick at RG last year wasn't big enough for you? :p

but i agree, until he beats the who's who of the tennis world, he really hasn't achieved that much, and would not have done his talents any justice.

Nah, the Roddick was one hilarious for so many reasons. Especially when Brad Gilbert said Chucho had a weak serve and his backhand is weak, it's erratic, but not weak.

Chucho made some good progress last season, but I am not going overboard with this at the moment. It's a good run for now, but as I said before he has some big events coming up.

Choupi
02-15-2006, 04:10 PM
MTF servers will melt!! :tape: ;)

maria87
02-15-2006, 04:26 PM

sorry,what is bandwagon??

and sorry, why don't you have expectations for this tournament? why just the BIG things counts? the big things are constructed but little one, pass by pass as Chucho said himself yeasterday night...i think to beat Roddick was a big thing to do even Roddick is not a good player in clay courts, and Chucho said it was a big win for him.

Action Jackson
02-15-2006, 04:45 PM
sorry,what is bandwagon??

and sorry, why don't you have expectations for this tournament? why just the BIG things counts? the big things are constructed but little one, pass by pass as Chucho said himself yeasterday night...i think to beat Roddick was a big thing to do even Roddick is not a good player in clay courts, and Chucho said it was a big win for him.

Bandwagon is hard to explain. Maybe Lau could do it in Spanish.

Perfect example is one someone does well, then all of a sudden there are new fans. I mean a few weeks ago hardly anyone bothered about Acasuso and today he has 3 threads on him in GM.

It's so obvious, Chucho has to perform and peak in the big events like any sportsman does. Ok, another example Gaudio played well in 2005, but was shit in the 4 big clay events and that's disappointing, yet played very well away from the biggest stage.

It's exactly the same for Chucho, it's good to win and do well in these small events, but better performances are required in the Slams and to a lesser extent the Masters events. That is where it truly counts.

maria87
02-15-2006, 06:06 PM
It's exactly the same for Chucho, it's good to win and do well in these small events, but better performances are required in the Slams and to a lesser extent the Masters events. That is where it truly counts.

3 threads? ok, i got you about what bandwagon is: in Spanish is like to say: "los que se suben al tren" when someone is succesful....well, i am so happy to see him winning after all those years...I only knew about him a modest but nice site runned by a nice girl called Debby from LA. This was his first site, started in 2001. I didn't think that MT had a thread on him till i found this.

About the big events, you are right...but i think this smaller tournaments are leading him to the Slams and Master Series, just because he is feeling more confident about his tennis. I remember Marat started his huge year, 2000, winning Barcelona and Mallorca...and finally arrived to Usopen's victory. I hope same thing for Chucho!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-16-2006, 07:23 AM
His opponent is Martin Vassallo Arguello.I don't know who he is. :shrug: Based on the form Chucho should have no problem to beat him.Vamos Chucho! :rocker2:

maria87
02-16-2006, 10:18 AM
His opponent is Martin Vassallo Arguello.I don't know who he is. :shrug: Based on the form Chucho should have no problem to beat him.Vamos Chucho! :rocker2:

Chucho said Vassallo Arguello is one of his best friend from his childhood!
Vamos Chucho! i will go to see him play live!! i will do report! :)

Action Jackson
02-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks in advance for the reports.

Choupi
02-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Have fun at the tennis Maria. I'm looking forward to your reports. And thanks in advance for them. :)

maria87
02-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Have fun at the tennis Maria. I'm looking forward to your reports. And thanks in advance for them. :)

thank you Choupi! and no problem, George and all of you!! i will try to make you feel the sensation of being there! this evening first match i will be there watching Chucho!! When i come back later in the night i will make a report...hope with good news... Vamos Chucho!! :)

Effka
02-17-2006, 12:45 AM
Chucho won 6-3 6-1 :yeah:

Looking forward to report from the lucky ones who could watch it ;)

lau
02-17-2006, 12:49 AM
:smoke: As expected, Chucho won (otherwise it would be an upset :p ) 63 61
On tv they said he plays tomorrow at 4 in the afternoon... The weather is really hot here!!! :unsure: And it will continue like this for the rest of the week. I feel sorry for the guys that have been playing during the day...
Good luck tomorrow Chucho! :bounce:

maria87
02-17-2006, 02:01 AM
[QUOTE=Effka]Chucho won 6-3 6-1 :yeah:

Looking forward to report from the lucky ones who could watch it ;)[/QUOTE

MATCH REPORT]

ok, i am back from the tournament...it was a good win but it wasn't a very good match. Chucho got a little bit nervous i don't know if it was because the opponent was an old friend or what. Chucho lost his serve afte break him and after the guy made a BIG show when tought Chucho shot for break was out. People got crazy angainst the guy buuuu-buuuuu...and chucho waiting...after that he lost the serve but then broke back again and he took finally the set. In the second, Chucho played better and Martin felt down and almost didn't play: it was 6-1 for Chucho.
The crowd was always with Chucho and was very funny: a guy was playing a corne every good point of chucho :) ;) and some other that seemed kind of drunk screamed "Vamos Chuuuuuucho, vamos, vamos!" with a strong voice all the match and all the audience laughed with those screams.
A nice note: whren Chucho started to play some guy told to him in a very loud voice: "Chucho, thanks for the Davis Cup"!!
Ghucho thanked the crowd support as always and said all the opponents are tough now till the end. I hope he is not too tired...He wasn't risking so much, and he was failing a little bit. I don't know as i said before if it was because the guy was an old friend or what..We'll see in the next match! :) :wavey:

Choupi
02-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the report Maria. :) And good job big man. Now, onto the next match.

Action Jackson
02-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the report won the match easily as he should have expected, but now he will be playing against better players and the match against Calleri will be very difficult for him. just hope he performs well.

bad gambler
02-17-2006, 10:29 AM
so far so good, keep going chucho

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Chucho said Vassallo Arguello is one of his best friend from his childhood!
Vamos Chucho! i will go to see him play live!! i will do report! :)
Thanks! :D

Vamos Chucho! :smooch:

maria87
02-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the report won the match easily as he should have expected, but now he will be playing against better players and the match against Calleri will be very difficult for him. just hope he performs well.

Glad to help, guys!
yes, George, i think Calleri will be very difficult for him...Yesterday Calleri was on fire, very concentrate and very agressive. Chucho, to win him, got to be more agressive than he was with Vassallo Arguello, like he was against TJ in Davis Cup, for example. And has to take the control of the points with his serve, which wasn't at his best yesterday: for first time, he commited 1 double fault, and failed some first services. He has to be more agressive with the return, too. We'll see if best oponnent will raise his level too. I hope so.

one more thing, the heat is terrible these days in Buenos Aires :sad: :o so hot February, so much humid and hot!!! and Chucho play today at 4pm....hope the heat won't affect him so much!

Nathaliia
02-17-2006, 02:04 PM
when someone is succesful....
Haha... so typical for Poland, too ;) But here if the successful person suddenly lose one event (even by coming as second), would be demolished by the same crowd which adored him / her. I think the best tennis related example was at Aussie Open when our guys Matka / Frytka played a semifinal. Unbelieveable success of Polish tennis, but onl the fact that they lost was discussed, and they happened to say in an interview (apart from other match description) it was very windy. It was: "yeah, what a silly explaination they had!" etc

Maria you're a golden thing :hug: thank you for reports and a belated 'hello' in the thread.

Effka
02-17-2006, 04:50 PM
I also think that the match against Calleri might be a tough one. I'm curious to find out what happens since Chucho hasn't played a really good clay-courter for a while now. Agustin is definitely a challenge and I'm looking forward to see if Chucho can handle him. I’m taking into account that Jose might be a bit tired now.

*Ljubica*
02-17-2006, 04:56 PM
I also think that the match against Calleri might be a tough one. I'm curious to find out what happens since Chucho hasn't played a really good clay-courter for a while now. Agustin is definitely a challenge and I'm looking forward to see if Chucho can handle him. I’m taking into account that Jose might be a bit tired now.
Chucho and my beloved Agustin :inlove: What a horrid match for me :sad:

Nathaliia
02-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Calleri on fire after a men-talk to Serra :rocker2:

lau
02-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Calleri on fire after a men-talk to Serra :rocker2:

maria87
02-17-2006, 06:13 PM

exactly, Effka!! this is what i saw yesterday on court: he is a little bit tired and now suffering the heat at 4 pm in the afternoon, and against Calleri!!
i thought the match yesterday night would be a easy one and it wasn't...maybe because Martin is an old friend, or maybe because Chucho is tired, i don't know but i think the match against Calleri will show to us what is exactly the situation of Chucho right now! :eek: Anyway, good luck to him! Vamos Chucho!

maria87
02-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Maria you're a golden thing :hug: thank you for reports and a belated 'hello' in the thread.

thank you very much, Natalia, for your kinds words and you are welcome!! after watching the QF on TV i will give you my impressions :yeah:

maria87
02-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Calleri broke Chucho, 3-1

Chucho is not serving well and looks tired, not arrivng to the crossed shots of Calleri

maria87
02-17-2006, 07:43 PM
4-1 for Calleri, he looks stronger than Chucho :sad: ...Chucho seems vulnerable today as i presumed...Hope he could get back into the match

maria87
02-17-2006, 07:46 PM
4-2 now, Chucho played better this game but still not founding his first service

maria87
02-17-2006, 07:50 PM
great point!!! 30-40 for Chucho break point Vamos!!!11

maria87
02-17-2006, 07:51 PM
great return!! AD for Chucho

maria87
02-17-2006, 07:52 PM
YES!!!!! he broke back...Vamos Chuchoooooo!!!!!

Nathaliia
02-17-2006, 07:54 PM
thank you very much, Natalia, for your kinds words and you are welcome!! after watching the QF on TV i will give you my impressions :yeah:
We are always very happy to get a native person online :yeah: And you seem very nice, too ;) I generally don't have time to post in players' forums threads but Chucho happened to belong to my favourites since I saw him in Poland on TV for the first time, it was when he won Sopot ATP and it was his first won tournament :guitar:

gosh I am getting nostalgic and ashamed for decision of rooting for Calleri.

Nathaliia
02-17-2006, 07:55 PM
ah, and thanks for calling me Natalia :yeah: this is my real name ;)

lau
02-17-2006, 07:57 PM
gosh I am getting nostalgic and ashamed for decision of rooting for Calleri.
:ras: You should...

;) :p

maria87
02-17-2006, 07:58 PM
ah, and thanks for calling me Natalia :yeah: this is my real name ;)

ok, Natalia!! good to thear from a Poland fan of Chucho! :)

well, Calleri broke back...3 erros from Chucho gave him the break again...there is a lot of wind in the court and Chucho doesn't look comfortable in there. :sad: his first serve is still nor working :confused:

maria87
02-17-2006, 08:00 PM
another error from chucho and 6-3 for Calleri...this match doesn't look good for Chucho :sad:

Nathaliia
02-17-2006, 08:01 PM
he's :smoke: isn't he - do you watch it on TV now?

and Chucho has a lot of fans in Poland! when I waited 4 hours for tickets in a queue last year on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (no ability to book) I talked to so many people and all sad Chucho lost in quaters then :sad:

Can you tell us, is Chucho digging holes in the court with the racket?

lau
02-17-2006, 08:02 PM

:lol: He allways looks like that :lol:

Not from what I watched...

maria87
02-17-2006, 08:03 PM

sorry i don't get the expression...but he is not doing well at the moment: so much errors and not finding his first service...Calleri is playing better. Shame, Chucho is my favorite and i don't like Calleri even i know he is a good player.

maria87
02-17-2006, 08:05 PM

not to me, he looks tired as i said before...with less energy...

Nathaliia
02-17-2006, 08:05 PM
sorry i don't get the expression...but he is not doing well at the moment: so much errors and not finding his first service...Calleri is playing better. Shame, Chucho is my favorite and i don't like Calleri even i know he is a good player.
Oh, because in Sopot he was... digging holes (!!) in the court with his racket (no hidden meaning :smoke: ) it was kind of waking him up yeah :lol: - like a kid in the sand!
May I know what you don't like Calleri, or just without any direct reason?

Nathaliia
02-17-2006, 08:06 PM
:lol: He allways looks like that :lol:

Not from what I watched...
Lau :lol:
And great atavar of Safin... looks like an astonished Chucho.

maria87
02-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Oh, because in Sopot he was... digging holes (!!) in the court with his racket (no hidden meaning :smoke: ) it was kind of waking him up yeah :lol: - like a kid in the sand!
May I know what you don't like Calleri, or just without any direct reason?

ok, i will have look to see if he is doing that and i will tell you...

not any reason: i don't like to watch him play...he is boring to me, and he never progress so far...maybe i am wrong this time and he gets the tourny!!

Nathaliia
02-17-2006, 08:08 PM
not to me, he looks tired as i said before...with less energy...
Oh... so it is not nice to hear, then...
But he will have a break instead of playing Costa do Sauipe, and should be back in shape for the next tournies and I believe he will conquer Europe including TMS, even if it means facing bandwagoons in General messages (by the way it is nice and I can't wait for a larger bandwagoon for my "children" JMDP and Korolev)

lau
02-17-2006, 08:09 PM
(by the way it is nice and I can't wait for a larger bandwagoon for my "children" JMDP and Korolev)
:lol: Juanma :rocker2:
(he´ll be Juanma for me... JMDP looks too "cold" :p )

Effka
02-17-2006, 08:12 PM
oh jesus here you are

maria87
02-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh... so it is not nice to hear, then...
But he will have a break instead of playing Costa do Sauipe, and should be back in shape for the next tournies and I believe he will conquer Europe including TMS, even if it means facing bandwagoons in General messages (by the way it is nice and I can't wait for a larger bandwagoon for my "children" JMDP and Korolev)

yes, you are right...he should rest

he is not digging holes and he didn't even yesterday when i watched him play live...

he is playing a little bit better now 2-1 but still not fully serving...

lau
02-17-2006, 08:14 PM
oh jesus here you are

Nathaliia
02-17-2006, 08:15 PM
ahh. thank you for reports ;)

JMDP makes things for us shorter, I like calling him this way however the way we pronounce it in Poland would make you scared ;)

Bad to hear Chucho's serve is not fully good. Blah, who to support, who to support :confused: :scratch:

Effka
02-17-2006, 08:15 PM

haha your avatar cracks me up :lol:

lau
02-17-2006, 08:17 PM
haha your avatar cracks me up :lol:
:p

JMDP makes things for us shorter, I like calling him this way however the way we pronounce it in Poland would make you scared ;)

I´m curious now... :scratch:

Nathaliia
02-17-2006, 08:18 PM
ok, i will have look to see if he is doing that and i will tell you...

not any reason: i don't like to watch him play...he is boring to me, and he never progress so far...maybe i am wrong this time and he gets the tourny!!
I think Calleri has got the GAME :eek: but I realize that different people look for different stuff in tennis. Some even like Roddick :rolleyes:. Calleri was a late bloomer because of economical reasons, he reached 16 ATP playing awesomely beautiful tennis (OK, this is for me), gave Argentina a precious victory over Ferrero in Davis Cup... then started suffering of injuries, that's why he isn't too high anymore but promised to fight :rocker2:

Effka
02-17-2006, 08:18 PM
:secret: Chucho, it's time to break

maria87
02-17-2006, 08:19 PM
ahh. thank you for reports ;)

Bad to hear Chucho's serve is not fully good. Blah, who to support, who to support :confused: :scratch:

no problem!! :) JMDP sounds nice name to me! :)

yes, Chucho looks tired and with no energy as i said before, and Tv reporters are giving Calleri a better way for this match... :sad:

Effka
02-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Some even like Roddick :rolleyes:

:p

lau
02-17-2006, 08:21 PM
I think Calleri has got the GAME :eek: but I realize that different people look for different stuff in tennis. Some even like Roddick :rolleyes:. Calleri was a late bloomer because of economical reasons, he reached 16 ATP playing awesomely beautiful tennis (OK, this is for me), gave Argentina a precious victory over Ferrero in Davis Cup... then started suffering of injuries, that's why he isn't too high anymore but promised to fight :rocker2:
Awww, like Agustín too... :hug:

OK, enjoy the rest of the match :wavey: I have to go now..., but will be watching ;)
Go Chucho! :bounce: :smoke:

maria87
02-17-2006, 08:25 PM

i got your point, i think this is just a question of taste, you know?? i don't have a special reason, i just don't enjoy to watch him play

But now he is giving troubles to our Chucho...they are 3-3 and Chucho continues to make errors... :sad:

Effka
02-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Calleri 3*-4

be strong Chucho

maria87
02-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Calleri 3*-4

be strong Chucho

now Calleri made 3 error and Chucho is serving for the set!!