Fernando's 2006 schedule - see first post - UPDATED [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fernando's 2006 schedule - see first post - UPDATED

GonzoFan
12-15-2005, 07:52 PM
First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH TO NICOFAN FOR DOING THIS! ALL CREDIT TO HER FOR THIS SCHEDULE:hug: :worship:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the 2006 schedule of Fernando.
I'll update this as his schedule for 2006 is confirmed

??? - Don't know if he'll play that week or which tournament he'll play.

black - Actual week
red - Tournaments he already played
blue - Next three tournaments
green - Withdrew
purple - Weeks Off

2006 SCHEDULE

Week Tournament Confirmed/Tentative Round

January 9 Auckland Confirmed QFs
January 16 Australian Open Confirmed 1st
January 30 Viña del Mar Confirmed SF
February 10-12 Davis Cup-Chile vs Slovakia Confirmed 4-1
February 13 Week Off
February 20 Memphis Withdrew
February 27 Las Vegas Withdrew
March 6 MS Indian Wells Confirmed 2nd
March 20 MS Miami Confirmed 3rd
April 7-9 Davis Cup-Chile vs USA Confirmed 2-3
April 10 Week off
April 17 MS Montecarlo Confirmed SFs
April 24 Week Off
May 1 Week Off
May 8 MS Rome Confirmed QFs
May 15 MS Hamburg Confirmed 3rd
May 21 Dusseldorf Confirmed
May 29 Roland Garros Confirmed 2nd
June 12 Queens Confirmed QFs
June 19 The Boodles Challenge Confirmed
June 26 Wimbledon Confirmed 3rd
July 10 Week Off (In Chile)
July 17 Indianapolis Confirmed QFs
July 24 Los Angeles Confirmed SFs
July 31 Week Off
August 7 MS Toronto Confirmed SFs
August 14 MS Cincy Confirmed SFs
August 21 Week off
August 28 US Open Confirmed 3rd
September 13 Exhibition-Viña del Mar Confirmed
September 25 Week Off
October 2 Week Off
October 9 Vienna Confirmed
October 16 MS Madrid Confirmed
October 23 Basel Confirmed
October 30 MS Paris Confirmed
November 12 Masters Cup We hope!!!

Fergie
12-15-2005, 10:24 PM
I like this schedule, I prefer that Feña plays in hard court than in the latin clay :)

Good luck :hug:

NicoFan
12-16-2005, 01:36 AM
De nada GonzoFan :hug: But gracias to you for posting it. ;)

I like this schedule too so far - I know that he's a great clay court player, but I like that he's playing the hardcourts because he has such power. And he's going to have so much fun in Las Vegas! :woohoo:

GonzoFan
12-16-2005, 07:53 PM
I like it too that he is playing in the first part of the year more hardcourt than clay :D

I don't know if he'll have too much time to have fun but I'm happy he's going to Las Vegas on February because remember that he was planning to go on vacations there but I think he couldn't cause he went to Shangai :shrug:

Fergie
12-17-2005, 01:25 AM
I guess that Feña will have some time to bet in Las Vegas :)

Conita
12-17-2005, 11:16 PM
i really want him to come to nottingham!!!
the i could meet him in person!!!
:D:D:D
c'mon feña!!!!

enqvistfan
12-17-2005, 11:38 PM
I hope that if I attend to a tournament, he won't be in the final the day before :lol: This year, each time I attended, he was in the final the day before, so it was complicated for me to see him (I missed him Monaco this year cause he was in final in Valencia) but most of the time, I saw him.

Personnally, I don't think he'll play the clay court tournaments after Wimbledon. He'll go directly to the US, or he'll try to defend Amersfoort and leave to the US or Chile to have a rest

NicoFan
12-18-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't know if he'll have too much time to have fun but I'm happy he's going to Las Vegas on February because remember that he was planning to go on vacations there but I think he couldn't cause he went to Shangai :shrug:

I think that he'll make time to have a bit of fun - the guys usually go out at night if they aren't playing at night or have a very early morning match the next day. And he should - like you said he wasn't able to go to LV on vacation because of Shanghai.

NicoFan
12-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Personnally, I don't think he'll play the clay court tournaments after Wimbledon. He'll go directly to the US, or he'll try to defend Amersfoort and leave to the US or Chile to have a rest

I think that he'll go directly to the US too after Wimbledon - I may be wrong on this, but I thought that this year he said that he wished that he had played the US tournaments. Does any one remember exactly what he said? :confused:

GonzoFan
12-18-2005, 07:02 PM
I think that he'll go directly to the US too after Wimbledon - I may be wrong on this, but I thought that this year he said that he wished that he had played the US tournaments. Does any one remember exactly what he said? :confused:

Don't remember exactly what he said :shrug: but I have all the articles from those days so I'll go now to take a look at them and see if I find something ;)

enqvistfan
12-18-2005, 07:46 PM

I think he said he won't play in Europe in 2006 after Wimbledon and go directly to the US

GonzoFan
12-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Don't remember exactly what he said :shrug: but I have all the articles from those days so I'll go now to take a look at them and see if I find something ;)

I found it :D I have it in my hands now and it's an article from La Tercera (July 6)

Fernando said: "I never thought I would get that far in Wimbledon and the ideal thing to do it would have been to jump inmediately to North America and not return to play in clay but I'm already confirmed for those tournaments and wherever I go I go to win"

I'll see if I find something more ... ;)

Fergie
12-18-2005, 10:18 PM
I found it :D I have it in my hands now and it's an article from La Tercera (July 6)

Fernando said: "I never thought I would get that far in Wimbledon and the ideal thing to do it would have been to jump inmediately to North America and not return to play in clay but I'm already confirmed for those tournaments and wherever I go I go to win"
I guess that for 2006 Feña will think better his schedule ... I like the idea that he skip the clay after Wimby :)

NicoFan
12-18-2005, 10:37 PM

I'll see if I find something more ... ;)

That's it, GonzoFan! Gracias for finding it.

I'm excited that he's coming to the US! I don't mean to be greedy...lol!...but it seems like my chicos are in the European countries all the time and rarely here in the US. :sad: And I know that I shouldn't complain because we have more tournaments than most countries. Now if I can get my Nico here more to the US, I'll be doubly happy. ;) :)

RogiFan88
12-19-2005, 12:31 AM
I think he said he won't play in Europe in 2006 after Wimbledon and go directly to the US

Then that means he's definitely playing Toronto!!! ;)

NicoFan
12-19-2005, 12:39 AM

Are you going to Toronto? I'm thinking of going. Its on my wish list of tournaments.

GonzoFan
12-19-2005, 12:41 AM
I guess that for 2006 Feña will think better his schedule ... I like the idea that he skip the clay after Wimby :)

I think he did a great job with his schedule this year, I mean, he maybe only regrets that he didn't play the US tournaments instead of Amersfoort and Kitz- and it wasn't a too bad decision because he won one of those tournaments- but everything else was good
We already know that there'll be some changes for next year like don't play the tournaments in SouthAmerica for example ... and also skip the clay tournaments after Wimbly and go to play to USA

GonzoFan
12-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Are you going to Toronto? I'm thinking of going. Its on my wish list of tournaments.

I hope you two can go to Toronto :D you are so lucky! :)
My dream is to go to a Master Series or Grand Slam :)

RogiFan88
12-19-2005, 01:27 AM

Well, I'm checking it out now. I would like to continue my Fena trail fr Montreal this year and also the Christmas card/gift thing!

Do you live in Chile or somewhere else? I don't know if I know where you're from. ;)

enqvistfan
12-19-2005, 09:02 AM

All the top players play the MS, so Toronto, is sure for him :)
Won't be able to go to the summer tournaments, cause I work during this period, it's the high season for me :( But, still some hopes for the US OPEN !! I have to wait my colleagues' holidays dates !!

NicoFan
12-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Well, I'm checking it out now. I would like to continue my Fena trail fr Montreal this year and also the Christmas card/gift thing!

Do you live in Chile or somewhere else? I don't know if I know where you're from. ;)

I live in NYC - but born and raised in Connecticut which is a little state just northeast of NY - and where the Pilot Pen tournament is just before the USO.

I have the Chilean flag because I adore Nico and Fernando. :)

I'm hoping this year to go to Barcelona, Toronto and/or Cincy, and the USO (never a question about USO - that's always a definite!). And Pilot Pen if either of the guys go because its an easy train ride and tixs are very inexpensive.

enqvistfan
12-19-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm hoping this year to go to Barcelona, Toronto and/or Cincy, and the USO (never a question about USO - that's always a definite!). And Pilot Pen if either of the guys go because its an easy train ride and tixs are very inexpensive.

You should come to Monaco before Barcelona, he he !! I'll be close to Barcelona at that period, cause I visit my grand-parents, and I'll be at only 2 hours by road. I'd like to go to Roma for 3 days but the hotels are very expensive, so I think I won't go there, sad cause I have 3 days off :(As you about the US, I'm sure to go to Roland-Garros, but I'm not sure to have tickets because of the draw this year (stupid idea), I have to send my form, we'll see if I'm lucky !! If the guys play Dusseldorf (we never know), I may come, but only for two days I think, with a night train to save some money (I'm a bit crazy sometimes) !! But, these are only projects, except Monaco which has been confirmed this morning :) Well, complicated the life of a tennis fan :lol:

NicoFan
12-19-2005, 12:56 PM
You should come to Monaco before Barcelona, he he !! I'll be close to Barcelona at that period, cause I visit my grand-parents, and I'll be at only 2 hours by road. I'd like to go to Roma for 3 days but the hotels are very expensive, so I think I won't go there, sad cause I have 3 days off :(As you about the US, I'm sure to go to Roland-Garros, but I'm not sure to have tickets because of the draw this year (stupid idea), I have to send my form, we'll see if I'm lucky !! If the guys play Dusseldorf (we never know), I may come, but only for two days I think, with a night train to save some money (I'm a bit crazy sometimes) !! But, these are only projects, except Monaco which has been confirmed this morning :) Well, complicated the life of a tennis fan :lol:

Good luck on getting the tickets for RG! That is my dream tournament. I would love to go there someday. I agree - the lottery is stupid. Either built bigger stadiums like the USO or have it like Wimbledon where its first come first serve. Then those who are the most dedicated get to go in.

I would love to go to Monte Carlo too - that's another dream tournament. But an old boss used to do business in MC all the time - and the hotels seems very expensive. Ditto like you said Rome - another dream tournament but I know the hotels are wayyyyy to expensive! :sad:

I figure Barcelona is a little less expensive. If you go to Barcelona, let me know. A few of the ladies on Fer Verdasco board are going or thinking of going. We can all meet up. :)

enqvistfan
12-19-2005, 01:15 PM
I would love to go to Monte Carlo too - that's another dream tournament. But an old boss used to do business in MC all the time - and the hotels seems very expensive. Ditto like you said Rome - another dream tournament but I know the hotels are wayyyyy to expensive! :sad:

For the MS Monte-Carlo, I don't sleep in Monte-Carlo. I'm not as rich to sleep in those big hotels :lol: Each year, I go to an hotel in the city (Roquebrune) close to Monaco, and you can go by walk (10 mins) to the stadium. In fact, it's closer to sleep in my hotel than in Monte-Carlo. I'll pay 55 eur per night for a single room, and my friend with her mum (who is a fan of Guga) will pay 84 eur for a double room, so not the prices of the official player hotel or in another hotel in Monaco.

[/QUOTE]I figure Barcelona is a little less expensive. If you go to Barcelona, let me know. A few of the ladies on Fer Verdasco board are going or thinking of going. We can all meet up. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately, won't be able to come to Barcelona. I'd have liked to see Carlos there. Have fun there :)
But, I work a lot at the moment to go to the US OPEN, so I hope to meet you there :)

I think we should create a post "fans' meetings" or something, just to know in which tournaments fans plan to go ..

NicoFan
12-19-2005, 01:41 PM
But, I work a lot at the moment to go to the US OPEN, so I hope to meet you there :)

I think we should create a post "fans' meetings" or something, just to know in which tournaments fans plan to go ..

Definitely let me know if you come to the US Open!!! We'd have fun rooting for Fernando! I usually sit near Horacio so I can hear what they are saying to each other.

In the Tournaments section here on MTF, there's usually a thread where people can put if they are going to a particular tournament. I met LaTenista in Cincy that way - she is really nice.

But a thread where people post what tournaments they are thinking of going to would definitely be cool!!! I was thinking about starting on last week and never got to it - maybe the first week of January when the season just starts would be a good time.

RogiFan88
12-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Barcelona? I am dying to go to that tourney -- I love BCN and I've seen El Real Club de Tenis de Barcelona already -- it's lovely in a lovely neighbourhood too! If I could win a ton of $$$ I w not hesitate to go there, to MCarlo, to RG and WIMBY!! My faves -- oh, and Valencia too -- I also have seen the tennis club there AND if you like Juanqui, it's perfect! Fena and Guga were playing street tennis in Valencia on this shopping street that I know -- I w kill to see them there! [OK, not KILL... but... do sth drastic!]. ;)

DhammaTiger
12-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Good luck to Fena in 2006. May he have a wonderful season and win as many titles as he can. Last but most importantly, I wish he will remain healthy and injury free. AS for all his fans-me included- I wish all of us will have a wonderful year 2006. Happy Holidays to Fena and all his wonderful supporters!!!

RogiFan88
01-15-2006, 03:26 AM
Vamos, Feña!!

I shall cheer him on in every tournament he plays!! Let's hope that his shoulder will be OK by Tuesday for R1 at the AO06!

VAMOS, OSITO!!

GonzoFan
01-21-2006, 07:38 AM
As the entry lists of Memphis and Las Vegas are already out I thought it would be a good idea to post them here

Regions Morgan Keegan Championships
Memphis, USA - Feb. 20-26 (ISG)

1 Roddick, Andy USA 3
2 Gonzalez, Fernando CHI 11
3 Ginepri, Robby USA 16
4 Robredo, Tommy ESP 19
5 Blake, James USA 23
6 Kiefer, Nicolas GER 24
7 Mirnyi, Max BLR 33
8 Hanescu, Victor ROM 37
9 Malisse, Xavier BEL 39
10 Haas, Tommy GER 41
11 Sanguinetti, Davide ITA 45
12 Novak, Jiri CZE 47
13 Tursunov, Dmitry RUS 55
14 Beck, Karol SVK 58
15 Carlsen, Kenneth DEN 61
16 Murray, Andy GBR 62
17 Bjorkman, Jonas SWE 64
18 Goldstein, Paul USA 66
19 Karlovic, Ivo CRO 67
20 Clement, Arnaud FRA 68
21 Zib, Tomas CZE 69
22 Spadea, Vincent USA 75
23 Johansson, Joachim SWE 76
24 Soderling, Robin SWE 77
25 Pavel, Andrei ROM 82
26 (WC)
27 (WC)
28 (WC)
29 (Q)
30 (Q)
31 (Q)
32 (Q)

Alternates
1. Vliegen, Kristof BEL 87
2. Schuettler, Rainer GER 89
3. Saulnier, Cyril FRA 91
4. Phau, Bjorn GER 92
5. Reynolds, Bobby USA 93
6. Arthurs, Wayne AUS 96
7. Wang, Yeu-Tzuoo TPE 101
8. Kim, Kevin USA 102
9. Sabau, Razvan ROM 107
10. Lisnard, Jean-Rene MON 109
11. Garcia-Lopez, Guillermo ESP 110
12. Lee, Hyung-Taik KOR 112
13. Gimelstob, Justin USA 115
14. Mazarakis, Vasilis GRE 117
15. Ramirez Hidalgo, Ruben ESP 119

Tennis Channel Open
Las Vegas, USA - Feb. 27-Mar. 5 (IS)

1 Roddick, Andy USA 3
2 Hewitt, Lleyton AUS 6
3 Gonzalez, Fernando CHI 12
4 Ginepri, Robby USA 18
5 Robredo, Tommy ESP 19
6 Blake, James USA 22
7 Kiefer, Nicolas GER 25
8 Verdasco, Fernando ESP 30
9 Mirnyi, Max BLR 34
10 Hanescu, Victor ROM 38
11 Malisse, Xavier BEL 39
12 Haas, Tommy GER 41
13 Sanguinetti, Davide ITA 44
14 Goldstein, Paul USA 68
15 Mayer, Florian GER 69
16 Novak, Jiri CZE 47
17 Srichaphan, Paradorn THA 50
18 Tursunov, Dmitry RUS 53
19 Murray, Andy GBR 62
20 Carlsen, Kenneth DEN 63
21 Escude, Nicolas FRA @65
22 Bjorkman, Jonas SWE 66
23 Karlovic, Ivo CRO 67
24 (SE)
25 (SE)
26 (WC)
27 (WC)
28 (WC)
29 (Q)
30 (Q)
31 (Q)
32 (Q)

Alternates
1. Zib, Tomas CZE 70
2. Muller, Gilles LUX 71
3. Spadea, Vincent USA 73
4. Soderling, Robin SWE 74
5. Kohlschreiber, Philipp GER 79
6. Pavel, Andrei ROM 82
7. Vliegen, Kristof BEL 84
8. Saulnier, Cyril FRA 89
9. Hernych, Jan CZE 90
10. Phau, Bjorn GER 91
11. Reynolds, Bobby USA 92
12. Ascione, Thierry FRA 93
13. Wang, Yeu-Tzuoo TPE 98
14. Arthurs, Wayne AUS 100
15. Minar, Ivo CZE 102

GonzoFan
02-16-2006, 05:58 PM
so ... it is official ... Gonzo won't play Memphis and Vegas

Take care Feña and we'll be wating for Indian Wells to see you playing again :yeah:

Fergie
02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Good decision Feña, take care :hug:

RogiFan88
02-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Just love the avatar, Fergie!! It's so FENA!!!

Fergie
02-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks! ... I'll use that avatar always for DC :D

Sparko1030
02-18-2006, 04:41 AM
I agree-wise decision Fernando!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-18-2006, 06:22 AM
so ... it is official ... Gonzo won't play Memphis and Vegas

Take care Feña and we'll be wating for Indian Wells to see you playing again :yeah:

Good news! :rocker: Good players like him and Ivan aim at AMS! :rocker2:

GonzoFan
02-24-2006, 07:29 AM
I know it's a little bit early for this but according to http://www.open-comunidad-valenciana.com/en/06_dates.asp Gonzo will play in Valencia again this year

RogiFan88
02-24-2006, 03:29 PM
COOL news! I w give anything to go back to Valencia but to see the tournament -- it's getting better every year w players like Fena, Guga and now Gaston! ;) Juanqui's one smart businessman!

olimpo
03-01-2006, 08:25 PM
GonzoFan the schedule looks nice with the different colours :)

I think you can make the Valencia week purple because it looks like it will be a week off for him ;) And I hope there won’t be any more weeks written in green for this year.

RogiFan88
03-01-2006, 10:50 PM
It's so cool that Fena is playing Valencia again... I am dying to go to that tourney... it's at the Club de Tenis de Valencia, near the uni! ;) I am somewhat familiar w the area.

GonzoFan
03-02-2006, 01:11 AM
It's so cool that Fena is playing Valencia again... I am dying to go to that tourney... it's at the Club de Tenis de Valencia, near the uni! ;) I am somewhat familiar w the area.

I saw the entry list yesterday and Gonzo wasn't in it so he won't play there ...
It seems that he'll take that week off as he does every time after a DC tie

GonzoFan
03-02-2006, 04:50 AM
GonzoFan the schedule looks nice with the different colours :)

I think you can make the Valencia week purple because it looks like it will be a week off for him ;) And I hope there won’t be any more weeks written in green for this year

Thanks :hug: I thought it would be a good idea to have everything in different colours :)

I should make it purple now ;)

I hope we won't have to see any more green weeks too :D

Sparko1030
03-02-2006, 05:21 AM
I can't wait for IW! I MISS FENA!!! :crazy:

RogiFan88
03-02-2006, 03:30 PM
I saw the entry list yesterday and Gonzo wasn't in it so he won't play there ...
It seems that he'll take that week off as he does every time after a DC tie

That's too bad but good thing I can't go then!! :p

GonzoFan
03-14-2006, 06:59 AM
I updated the schedule.

I haven't erased Valencia yet because we know that Feña hardly ever plays a tournament after a Davis Cup tie but after this second round loss in IW maybe he'll wait and see how he does in Miami and then decide if he plays Valencia or Houston :shrug: ... I doubt he'll play that week but one never knows ...

I also added a new column with the rounds Feña reaches in each tournament ;)

NicoFan
03-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I saw the entry lists for Casablanca and Barcelona - he's not on either one.

????

I'm not criticizing him - but I don't understand this. He needs to play. He's taking the week off after DC, then playss MC, but then another week off? It really doesn't make sense. I hope there's an error or I'm just reading it wrong. GF - if you have time, can you please check too? Gracias.

GonzoFan
03-15-2006, 05:16 PM
I also saw the entry lists of Casablanca and Barcelona and no Fernando :shrug:

Maybe he'll play Estoril or Munich because I remember that he said that he was going to play a tournament between Montecarlo and Rome

NicoFan
03-15-2006, 06:25 PM
I also saw the entry lists of Casablanca and Barcelona and no Fernando :shrug:

Maybe he'll play Estoril or Munich because I remember that he said that he was going to play a tournament between Montecarlo and Rome

:sad:

Thanks for double checking. :hug:

He'd have to play Estoril or Munich - he can't really afford to take off 2 weeks since he hasn't played much this year.

GonzoFan
03-15-2006, 06:49 PM
The entry lists of Estoril and Munich should be out next week so we won't know if he'll play one of those tournaments until next week.

NicoFan
03-16-2006, 04:02 PM
This is what latercera.cl said today: El "Bombardero de La Reina" optó por concentrarse en los torneos grandes durante esta temporada.

Of course they were wrong in the article - it said that both boys would rest that week - Nico was leaving open the week of Barcelona and Casablanca - that's wrong - he's already confirmed for Casablance so there's nothing open about it.

But to get back to the statement - if its true, all I can say is that he's not Rafa or Roger - he can't just go and play the big tournaments, and skip the small ones week after week. I don't understand it. At all. :shrug:

GonzoFan
03-17-2006, 03:22 PM
We know he is not Rafa or Roger but he also needs to take care of his health especially the way he started the season having problems in his shoulder, wrist and foot. I'm sure that's one of the main reasons why he is doing this and I completely understand it.

NicoFan
03-17-2006, 03:31 PM
We know he is not Rafa or Roger but he also needs to take care of his health especially the way he started the season having problems in his shoulder, wrist and foot. I'm sure that's one of the main reasons why he is doing this and I completely understand it.

He does need to take care of his health. I'm not criticizing him. But most of his success comes in the smaller tournaments. So just not sure I agree with the strategy.

But I could be wrong. ;)

GonzoFan
03-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Entry lists of Barcelona and Munich are out and no Gonzo :shrug:

I was so sure he was going to play at least one week between Montecarlo and Rome.

Maybe he'll ask for a wildcard depending on how he does in Miami and Montecarlo :shrug:

GonzoFan
03-27-2006, 04:52 AM
Schedule updated.

Haven't write "week off" in the weeks of Barcelona/Casablanca and Estoril/Munich because maybe now he'll ask for a wildcard :shrug: Don't know... we only have to wait and see what he does.

GonzoFan
03-28-2006, 07:30 PM
next - DAVIS CUP !!!!!

Check our super original "Pancho and Ale mowing down the US ... " thread !!! :D

olimpo
04-05-2006, 07:54 PM
According to the official site Fernando and Nico confirmed that they'll play the WTC in Düsseldorf again.

There's also a cute picture from last year with the article.

http://www.arag-world-team-cup.de/en/

GonzoFan
04-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the info, olimpo :hug:

It hasn't been confirmed in the press here in Chile yet but if the official website says they are confirmed I guess it's true.

and yes, cute pic :)

http://www.arag-world-team-cup.de/global/Styles/WTC/images/rx/25%20Chile_Team_Perenyi_8523_rx.jpg

NicoFan
04-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Oh that is a nice picture....the chicos. :hug:

enqvistfan
04-08-2006, 09:31 AM
According to the official site Fernando and Nico confirmed that they'll play the WTC in Düsseldorf again.

There's also a cute picture from last year with the article.

http://www.arag-world-team-cup.de/en/

It's confirmed by La Tercera today

http://www.latercera.cl/medio/articulo/0,0,3308_5832_199214833,00.html

So, I may go to Dusseldorf, he he !!!

olimpo
04-08-2006, 09:58 AM
It's confirmed by La Tercera today

http://www.latercera.cl/medio/articulo/0,0,3308_5832_199214833,00.html

So, I may go to Dusseldorf, he he !!!

:yeah: That's great Val! We can talk in Monte Carlo about it :)

GonzoFan
04-09-2006, 04:17 AM
Montecarlo - confirmed

GonzoFan
04-09-2006, 04:18 AM
Dusseldorf - confirmed

From La Tercera

internet translation

Fernando González accepts to go to Düsseldorf

Chile will be for the fourth consecutive time in the World Group Cup of Germany.
At first, the number one national did not have many desire to attend, to prepare better Roland Garros. Nevertheless in the end it accepted to be present again in the match. Nicholas Massú, in as much, also is arranged to go to the competition.

The last week, Fernando González father, representative of the first national racket, it received the good news. Three teams chose not to play in Düsseldorf, which gave the options to Chile to play the contest, since it had not entered of direct form the Glass of the World by Equipment of Germany, due to the ranking of end of year of the "Bomber of the Queen" and of Nicholas Massú, whom it did not give them to be between the seven classified.

He was as well as the organizers of the championship put themselves in contact with the father of the first national racket to see the possibility of having them between the competitors of this year. And after thinking it much, the own player made the decision to attend the championship and to be in favor of fourth consecutive year in Düsseldorf, where 2003 and 2004 Chile was titled champion.

The doubts

González did not know if the best form to prepare this season Roland Garros were attending the German match again. The Chilean had in mind to train the previous week to the second Grand Slam of the year and to look for another formula that allowed him to be successful in Paris. The night of Thursday in Rancho Mirage the parents of González and Massú met here to make a decision. The viñamarino showed its disposition to appear in the championship, which also motivated more to the "Bomber of the Queen" to change his position. The invitation arrives to him directly at the one from the respective country, therefore it was fundamental that González gave its approval. "Yes, finally we are going to go to Düsseldorf. We thought it enough and Fernando wants to play ", confirmed the father of the first national racket. Manuel Massú, representative of the "Vampire" said yesterday in the evening here in California that "if Fernando wants to go, we will go. Nicolas it likes to play in Düsseldorf, reason why we do not have problems ".

Now it will be necessary to see if González plays all the matches or takes it with more calm, not to be worn away during the previous week to one of the hardest tournaments of the Tour. The third national player would be present in Germany he would be Paul Capdeville.

GonzoFan
04-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Schedule updated

Montecarlo and Dusseldorf confirmed

In Montecarlo there are only 16 seeded players so Gonzo needs one player to withdraw to be seeded because Agassi won't play the clay season this year.

olimpo
04-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Schedule updated

Montecarlo and Dusseldorf confirmed

In Montecarlo there are only 16 seeded players so Gonzo needs one player to withdraw to be seeded because Agassi won't play the clay season this year.

I'm not worried he'll get seeded in MC as there are usually lots of withdrawls ;)

Fergie
04-10-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm sure that Roddick and James will not play ;)

GonzoFan
04-10-2006, 07:37 PM
I was reading an interview with James Blake and he said his schedule is Houston, Rome, Hamburg and French Open and he didn't mention Monte-Carlo so that would make it two withdrawls.

Blue Orange
04-12-2006, 02:31 PM
With regards to Monte Carlo seeding, Gonzalez was ranked 15th when the entry lists were confirmed so will be seeded regardless of withdrawals:

http://montecarlo.masters-series.com/1005/players/

Currently he will be seeded 13th but should Roddick and Blake pull out as comments would suggest he would end up being seeded 11th.

Gonzo does not appear on any of the entry lists until Rome Master Series where he was ranked 19th when the entry list was finalised however Agassi has decided to skip the clay court season and Thomas Johansson has been injured so may not play so we only need one more withdrawal for Gonzo to be seeded.

The Hamburg Master Series entry list has Gonzalez at 18th but has not accounted for Andre not playing on clay, with Hamburg being so close to RG many players pull out so the one withdrawal required for a seeding is very likely. Unless he decides to focus on the World Team Cup.

olimpo
04-12-2006, 03:00 PM
With regards to Monte Carlo seeding, Gonzalez was ranked 15th when the entry lists were confirmed so will be seeded regardless of withdrawals:

http://montecarlo.masters-series.com/1005/players/

Currently he will be seeded 13th but should Roddick and Blake pull out as comments would suggest he would end up being seeded 11th.

Gonzo does not appear on any of the entry lists until Rome Master Series where he was ranked 19th when the entry list was finalised however Agassi has decided to skip the clay court season and Thomas Johansson has been injured so may not play so we only need one more withdrawal for Gonzo to be seeded.

The Hamburg Master Series entry list has Gonzalez at 18th but has not accounted for Andre not playing on clay, with Hamburg being so close to RG many players pull out so the one withdrawal required for a seeding is very likely. Unless he decides to focus on the World Team Cup.

If there had been no withdrawals for Monte Carlo Fernando would not have been seeded because the entry list and the actual seedings are 2 different things. The entry lists are normally done 6 weeks ahead of the tournament according to the ranking of the players at that time but the actual seeding for a tournament is always done according to the newest ranking available before the draw is done. For Monte Carlo for instance the draw will be done this Saturday and so they’ll use the rankings as per the 10th of April for it.

GonzoFan
04-12-2006, 06:16 PM
If there had been no withdrawals for Monte Carlo Fernando would not have been seeded because the entry list and the actual seedings are 2 different things. The entry lists are normally done 6 weeks ahead of the tournament according to the ranking of the players at that time but the actual seeding for a tournament is always done according to the newest ranking available before the draw is done. For Monte Carlo for instance the draw will be done this Saturday and so they’ll use the rankings as per the 10th of April for it.

exactly ;)

But now we don't need to worry if he gets seeded in Montecarlo because all these players pulled out: Roddick, Agassi, Hewitt, Ancic and all of them are above Fernando in the ranking this week so if there are no more withdrawls in the top 18 (and I'm pretty sure there will be more) Fernando should be seeded 14.

Blue Orange
04-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks for clarifying that one for me - had just seen the lists and made an assumption - silly me!

As far as possible withdrawals go Gasquet picked up an injury following the Davis Cup so may be struggling for Monte Carlo. Also David Ferrer withdrew injured during Valencia so may not be fit for Monte Carlo. Though as long as he doesn't end up in the same quarter as Rafa or Roger I will be happy :)

GonzoFan
04-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Schedule updated -

2 Weeks Off.

Next tournament for Fernando: MS Rome

GonzoFan
05-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Updated

Queens - confirmed

cotecita
05-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Hello everybody, well is my very first time learning to use this forum, i've tryed a long time ago to susbcribe but now I could, and I'm loving it...

if there is someone to help me out to post things in the forum with attachments and that stuff, i would love to accept teaching lessons...

because i have pics of Fer that I've got from Davis Cup, and lots of extra stuff, about where he lives with his parents, because he used to own an apmt in Las Tranqueras in Stgo, but it seems like he sold it...

just that, great pics, I love tennis and of course, the sweetest thing, Fernando

GonzoFan
05-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Welcome to Fernando's forum, cotecita :wavey:

Attach pictures is really easy. First of course you have to click on Post Reply and then scroll down a bit and click where it says Manage Attachments and then click on Browse (or Examinar) and search for the picture you want to attatch and then select it and click upload. (You can attach ten pictures for post)

I hope I explained it right.

If you need anything else just ask ;)

GonzoFan
05-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Fernando said that he would play 's Hertogenbosch or Nottingham but now decided not to and he will take that "week off".

enqvistfan
05-14-2006, 06:20 AM
Fernando said that he would play 's Hertogenbosch or Nottingham but now decided not to and he will take that "week off".

Good idea to stay off :)

GonzoFan
05-15-2006, 08:01 PM
http://www.rcatennis.com/PReleases.section/pages/releasepgsc028cef9466.html

FERNANDO GONZALEZ AND ANDY MURRAY JOIN PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED ANDY RODDICK

Fernando Gonzalez and Andy Murray will join Andy Roddick in Indianapolis for the 2006 RCA Championships, July 15-23, at the Indianapolis Tennis Center on the campus of IUPUI.

“We are always excited to bring tennis players who have strong outward passion for the game,” said Tournament Director Kevin Martin. “Our fans love passionate and enthusiastic tennis players. Four years ago they fell in love with Andy Roddick's passion, intensity and flair for the game. We're confident that they will enjoy watching the brand of tennis that Gonzalez and Murray will bring.”

The Chilean Gonzalez, who is currently ranked #15 on INDESIT ATP Rankings, compiled his best season in 2005 with a career-high three ATP titles on three different surfaces, 49 match wins and a year-end #11 INDESIT ATP Ranking. He moved his career titles to seven with wins in Auckland, Amersfoort and Basel. At Wimbledon he became the first Chilean to reach the quarterfinals at the All England Club since 1985. He was also the only player on the ATP circuit to finish in the top 25 in singles and doubles. 2006 will mark his first appearance in Indianapolis.

GonzoFan
05-15-2006, 08:07 PM
http://www.countrywideclassic.com/

CHILEAN DAVIS CUP STAR GONZALEZ, SPANIARD ROBREDO
COMMIT TO COUNTRYWIDE CLASSIC, JULY 24-30, AT UCLA

They join Nalbandian, Ljubicic, Bryans, Hewitt, Ancic among early entries

LOS ANGELES – Chilean Davis Cup star Fernando Gonzalez and Tommy Robredo of Spain have committed to play in the 80th annual Countrywide Classic, July 24-30, at the Los Angeles Tennis Center-UCLA.

Other players already committed to the Countrywide Classic are the record-setting Southern California doubles team of Bob and Mike Bryan, Argentina’s David Nalbandian, who upset world No. 1 Roger Federer in the finals of the 2005 Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai, former World No. 1 and two-time Grand Slam champion Lleyton Hewitt of Australia, and Croatian Davis Cup stars Ivan Ljubicic and Mario Ancic. Andre Agassi is the reigning champion.

Gonzalez, who defeated James Blake and lost to Andy Roddick for the Chilean Davis Cup team that was defeated by the U.S. last weekend in Rancho Mirage, owns seven ATP career singles titles. He enjoyed his finest season last year, when he won three titles on three different surfaces, had 49 match wins and achieved a career-high No. 11 year-end ranking, one of only five Chileans to rank in the top 20 and the third highest ever. Gonzalez won titles last year at Auckland, Amersfoort and Basel. He reached the quarterfinals at the U.S. Open in 2002, at Roland Garros in 2003 and at Wimbledon in 2005. He teamed with Nicolas Massu to win the doubles gold medal for Chile at the 2004 Olympics in Athens. The Santiago native’s best singles results this year were the semifinals at Vina del Mar and the quarterfinals at Auckland. He will be making his first appearance in Los Angeles.

GonzoFan
05-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Schedule updated

Next - Dusseldorf
Confirmed - Indianapolis and Los Angeles.

NicoFan
06-03-2006, 09:00 PM
With all the excitement of RG, I just noticed that Fernando is coming to the States during the summer! :woohoo:

Yeay - I'll get to see him on TV! :yeah:

GonzoFan
06-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Schedule updated -

- Next tournament : Queens
- June 19-25 : Week off
- Confirmed : Wimbledon
- July 10-16 : Week off

GonzoFan
06-14-2006, 10:45 PM
It seems Fernando will be playing The Boodles Challenge next week. :eek:

I thought he wouldn't play next week ...

NicoFan
06-14-2006, 10:50 PM
I was really surprised too GF! I thought he had the week off - but I looked up the web site tonight so I could post it, hit on the players section, and there was Fer's name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy about it though. :yeah:

GonzoFan
06-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I actually found out he was on the players list because I read your post on Nico's forum a few minutes ago. :lol:

I'm also happy about it if he plays. :D he needs to play a lot on grass to get ready and in a good form for Wimbledon. :)

enqvistfan
06-14-2006, 11:00 PM
It seems Fernando will be playing The Boodles Challenge next week. :eek:

I thought he wouldn't play next week ...

He won it last year and maybe want to win it again. Good that he stays in London :yeah:

GonzoFan
06-14-2006, 11:13 PM
He won it last year and maybe want to win it again. Good that he stays in London :yeah:

yeah, of course I remember he won it last year and would love to see him winning again this year! :D
What surprised me is that first on his website it said that he was going to decide which tournament play that week then it said that he wouldn't play and now he will play in The Boodles Challenge. :lol:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6068/boodleschallenge20050sy.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

enqvistfan
06-14-2006, 11:26 PM
yes, sometimes, they make some changes at the last minute. Thanks for posting the pic, I remember that we had problems to find some last year :lol: the real search of treasures !! Hope it will be easier this year !! Hope he'll have the same success !! Would be great for his confidence !!
Now, i go to sleep :zzz:

NicoFan
06-14-2006, 11:42 PM
Sneaking info off of Nico's forum, eh GF? :haha: Just teasing...I sneak info of Fernando's forum all the time. :lol:

And that is funny about him changing plans. :lol:

Boodles will be fun. And someone in GM posted that Andre is replacing Nalby. That will be fun if the boys play Andre. :yeah:

Nite enqvistfan!!!! Wow...its late for you. :eek:

GonzoFan
06-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Okay so we know that is confirmed that Fernando will play The Boodles Challenge starting on Tuesday (I guess so but I'm not sure).

Sneaking info off of Nico's forum, eh GF? :haha: Just teasing...I sneak info of Fernando's forum all the time. :lol:

:haha:

enqvistfan
07-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Schedule update :

Next week : OFF
August 7th : Toronto
August 14th : Cincy
August 21st : New Haven
August 28th : US OPEN

RogiFan88
07-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Schedule update :

:yeah: Get over your jet lag, rest up, and then VAMOS FENA!! :)

GonzoFan
07-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Schedule update :

I just checked the New Haven entry list and Fernando is not on it.

NicoFan
07-30-2006, 10:14 PM
I just checked the New Haven entry list and Fernando is not on it.

I checked too - he isn't there - here or on the official site.

I hope he is because I'm going to the tournament so want to see him.

enqvistfan
07-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Maybe he'll request a WC ??

GonzoFan
07-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Maybe he'll request a WC ??

:shrug: There is no info on his website ... nada.

But today I read Horacio's column and it says that Fernando will play Toronto, Cincy and the US Open.
We know Horacio is no longer Fernando's coach but they still talk so he must know which tournaments Fernando will play now. :shrug:

I guess we can only wait and see if Fernando plays New Haven or not (I doubt he'll play there this year).

enqvistfan
07-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Yes, logically, he shouldn't play just before the US OPEN. We'll see. Lun made a mistake I think !!

NicoFan
08-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Fernando is an early commitment for the Mumbai Open.

(FYI - The Vietnam tournament moved to Mumbai).

doris_hdz
08-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Una consulta ..no es del Feña...alguien sabe cuando juega el Chino Ríos..por fa diganme...

enqvistfan
08-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Fernando is an early commitment for the Mumbai Open.

(FYI - The Vietnam tournament moved to Mumbai).

When is it ?

ChinoRios4Ever
08-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Una consulta ..no es del Feña...alguien sabe cuando juega el Chino Ríos..por fa diganme...

la proxima semana en portugal

NicoFan
08-12-2006, 02:02 AM
When is it ?

Sorry...missed your post because I left for Toronto.

Its the week of 9/25.

enqvistfan
08-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Sorry...missed your post because I left for Toronto.

Its the week of 9/25.

thanks for the info. I don't understand why he goes to the Asian Tour.

GonzoFan
08-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Schedule updated -

Actual week - US Open

Next tournaments (or activities)
September 13 - Exhibition in Viña del Mar
September 25 - Mumbai - ???-tentative

NicoFan
09-06-2006, 12:26 AM
When they interviewed Fernando when he got arrived in Chile, he said he'll be playing 4 tournaments during the remainder of the year: Vienna, Madrid, Basil, and Paris-Bercy.

He's on the entry list for Mumbai, but I guess he decided not to go.

GonzoFan
09-15-2006, 06:49 AM
Schedule updated -

Actual week - Week Off (In Chile celebrating Fiestas Patrias! :drink: :lol: )

Next tournaments
Last tournaments of the year confirmed

September 25 - Week Off
October 2 - Week Off
October 9 - Vienna
October 16 - MS Madrid
October 23 - Basel
October 30 - MS Paris
---------------------
November 12 - Masters Cup (We hope!!!)

GonzoFan
09-28-2006, 04:01 PM
2007 information -

I read the other in an article in La Tercera (that I forgot to post :o) that Fernando was wating for the draw to be made to decide whether to play the South America tournaments or not and now that we know we'll play in Chile, it's almost 100% confirmed that Fernando will play Viña del Mar, Buenos Aires and Acapulco next year.

ChinoRios4Ever
09-28-2006, 05:09 PM
chile plays at home

i think he will play viña, DC, baires y acapulco