Last minute withdrawls becoming a habit for Nadal? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Last minute withdrawls becoming a habit for Nadal?

croat123
12-15-2005, 07:09 PM
he just withdrew from the spanish masters (starts tomorrow)
he withdrew from umag the day before it started
he also withdrew from the tms cup right before it started

3 late withdrawls in less than 6 months

alfonsojose
12-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Check WTAtour.com. This is nothing

DrJules
12-15-2005, 07:16 PM

Injury!!!

jrm
12-15-2005, 07:20 PM
He also withdrew from Vienna if i am not mistaken citting injury and next week won big tournament in Madrid!

Withdrawing from those tournaments it's easy to explain: he won 11 tournaments, even if he had won them it would not reflect on his ranking points!

Why do you think Federer stopped playing as soon as he found out he had garanteed himself no.1 at the end of the year???

adee-gee
12-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Sue him! Disgraceful! :rolleyes:

shotgun
12-15-2005, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't be very surprised if he withdraws from one of the two tournaments he chose to play before Melbourne (Chennai and Sydney).

tangerine_dream
12-15-2005, 07:31 PM

Why do you always post the most boring threads? :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Clara Bow
12-15-2005, 07:40 PM

Just for clarification- Nadal officially withdrew from the Spanish Master's yesterday and it was first in the Spanish press yesterday- not today. Also- he has stated since Shanghai that the Spanish Masters were not certain, has continued to say that they were not certain and withdrew yesterday after final confirmation from his doctor.

I think the reason for the withdrawals is that his body has been hurting from overplay. He does always seem to withdraw on doctors advice- as was the case with Vienna and Shanghai.

AgassiDomination
12-15-2005, 08:04 PM

No kidding

Alvarillo
12-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Just for clarification- Nadal officially withdrew from the Spanish Master's yesterday and it was first in the Spanish press yesterday- not today. Also- he has stated since Shanghai that the Spanish Masters were not certain, has continued to say that they were not certain and withdrew yesterday after final confirmation from his doctor.

I think the reason for the withdrawals is that his body has been hurting from overplay. He does always seem to withdraw on doctors advice- as was the case with Vienna and Shanghai.

yes, he said some weeks ago that would be very difficult to be ready for the Spanish Masters

Galaxystorm
12-15-2005, 08:17 PM
The only 2 withdrawals of the year when he faked an injury were in Indian Wells and in Umag , the rest of withdrawals he was indeed injured . In fact his recovery from his foot/ankle injury ( that forced him to pull out of Shanghai ) is progressing slowly ,he still feels pain in his left foot and his off-season practises are very light so far because he still ins't uttlery recovered.

The withdrawal of Hamburg is difficult to call it as faked or real, is very subjective .

Well, also he faked an injury to withdraw from doubles tournament in Wimbly because he had already been eliminated from the main draw and wanted to rest before the second part of claycourt season.

Galaxystorm
12-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Well, Nadal's withdrawal from Spanish Masters ( at least for me ) was almost an open secret since at least 2 weeks ago . The last friday Toni Nadal confirmed that they wouldn't go . The organizers announced officially the withdrawal to the press yesterday, but they knew Nadal's decision since several days before ( at least from monday , because on Monday the organizers called Albert Montañes to replace Nadal ).

Galaxystorm
12-15-2005, 08:41 PM
He also withdrew from Vienna if i am not mistaken citting injury and next week won big tournament in Madrid!

Withdrawing from those tournaments it's easy to explain: he won 11 tournaments, even if he had won them it would not reflect on his ranking points!

Why do you think Federer stopped playing as soon as he found out he had garanteed himself no.1 at the end of the year???

:yeah: :yeah: :worship: :worship: :worship: :retard::retard::retard:

El Legenda
12-15-2005, 08:42 PM
No kidding

what are you talking about, you have the 9 of worst 10 threads in Non-Tennis. :) :wavey:

croat123
12-15-2005, 09:24 PM
obviously u find them interesting since u can't stop replying to them :)

btw, that's right, he also pulled out of vienna the day before. that's 4 times in 6 months

Galaxystorm
12-15-2005, 09:31 PM
obviously u find them interesting since u can't stop replying to them :)

btw, that's right, he also pulled out of vienna the day before. that's 4 times in 6 months

It's obvious you don't know ATP rules since a player can't pull out of a tournament played the next week if he's still playing at a tournament in that week

That's why he pulled out of Umag on sunday night and not before , since he reached Stuttgart final.

croat123
12-15-2005, 09:57 PM
It's obvious you don't know ATP rules since a player can't pull out of a tournament played the next week if he's still playing at a tournament in that week

That's why he pulled out of Umag on sunday night and not before , since he reached Stuttgart final.
except, if he knew he was going to pull out, why didn't he let the tournament director know a bit ahead of time before officially announcing it? maybe he shouldn't schedule to play 30 events a season if he can't

Galaxystorm
12-15-2005, 10:46 PM
except, if he knew he was going to pull out, why didn't he let the tournament director know a bit ahead of time before officially announcing it?

For the tournaments is more positive that a player pulls out officially at the last minute than some days before , because if the " star " pulls out some days before a lot of people won't buy the tickets . It's positive for the tournament that the official announcement is as late as possible.

And about a private announcement of the player phoning to the tournament director , this is utterly irrelevant and neutral for the tournament, since obviously the director won't tell to the press this player has pulled out , the tournament director needs to sell tickets .

To sump up, if the announcement is private and not officially it's utterly irrelevant the number of days of notice because the tournament director can't already negotiate with another " star " to replace the player withdrawn , since the list of players was closed 42 days before the tournament starts . So , if the player phones him one, two, 4 or 7 days before , the effects for the tournament are exactly the same .
( If someone is thinking in the WildCards.....The possibilites of using a Wildcard in a last-minute star are very poor )

And besides the player can't phone to the tournament director telling him that i'm gonna pull out of that tournament if he's still playing an event because the tournament director would realize the player is faking an injury and will report it to the ATP in order to fine the player.

By the way . Nadal , before starting Stuttgart, already knew he was gona pull out of Umag the next week .

amierin
12-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Some people use any excuse to bash Nadal. This withdrawal, as others have said was no surprise to anyone since Nadal's camp made no secret that his injury would probably prevent him from playing. It wasn't Nadal's pull out from Shanghai that had the Chinese walking up walls if I recall correctly was it? Rafa and his team are always professionals.

nobama
12-16-2005, 12:57 AM
Why do you think Federer stopped playing as soon as he found out he had garanteed himself no.1 at the end of the year???Yeah, I'm sure that's why he skipped his hometown tournament (for the second year in a row)...because he had #1 all wrapped up. :rolleyes: But why then did he play TMC?

propi
12-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Spanish press is saying today Nadal could withdraw from Chennai and Sidney, so I guess there's something serious about him :scared:

MariaV
12-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Spanish press is saying today Nadal could withdraw from Chennai and Sidney, so I guess there's something serious about him :scared:
OMG NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :sad: :scared: :unsure:
What have the docs in Barcelona said about his foot and knee?

Hola Mr. SK
12-16-2005, 11:13 AM
simply cuz off season's sooooo long :angel: ........
I bet someone's thinking of posting a thread like:
Will Rafa Nadal withdraw Australian open coming next month?
a good way to kill time tho. ;)

Galaxystorm
12-16-2005, 11:30 AM

You're scaring people unnecessarily:shrug:

It seems you're talking about a scoop in spanish press, when it's just a new of an agency which hasn't privileged information about Nadal.

The withdrawal of Chennai was something likely as long as he had to pull out of Shanghai , so his withdrawal wouldn't be a surprise at all . It's true that his recovery is progressing slower than he expected , he still feels pain in his foot , he still can't practise hard , but he still hasn't took the decision of pulling of Chennai since his foot is improving gradually .

Next week he will begin to practise harder and will can evaluate better the state of his foot . Meanwhile any supposition is very subjective and deceptive.

MariaV
12-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the news Galaxystorm.

propi
12-16-2005, 12:10 PM
That wasn't my intention at all, I just pointed out the information I found in a well known Spanish paper, so I had to give it at least a bit of credibility and thought some may like to know about it as I shows Nadal may be truly affected bt something :o

http://abc.es/abc/pg051216/prensa/noticias/Deportes/Tenis/200512/16/NAC-DEP-105.asp

Rafa Nadal podría fallar en los dos primeros torneos del año

(...)
Rafa Nadal confirmó que todo sus esfuerzos van encaminados a poder jugar el Open de Australia. En este sentido, y para recuperarse bien de su lesión, no descarta variar su programa y no asistir a los dos primeros torneos del año, Chennai (2 de enero) y Sidney (9). Al respecto ya descartó disputar este fin de semana el Masters Nacional que se disputa en Valladolid, y tampoco jugará una exhibición prevista en Gerona para el próximo día 22. (...)

sigmagirl91
12-16-2005, 01:38 PM
:zzz: :zzz:

its.like.that
12-16-2005, 01:45 PM

lol

let's burn him at the stake?

Merton
12-16-2005, 03:20 PM
lol

let's burn him at the stake?

You are a true old-timer. I like your way of thinking :D

Carito_90
12-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Our commetator, Javier Frana, said that he had talked to Carlos Costa and he had said Rafael's foot injury was not improving or getting any better at all and it was starting to seriously worry them. He hasn't played any tennis at all lately.

So yeah, that's it.

nobama
12-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Our commetator, Javier Frana, said that he had talked to Carlos Costa and he had said Rafael's foot injury was not improving or getting any better at all and it was starting to seriously worry them. He hasn't played any tennis at all lately.

So yeah, that's it.What exactly is wrong with his feet? Hopefully he's ok by the time AO rolls around. But if he doesn't have much practice/match play that will hurt his chances there I think.

veyonce
12-17-2005, 04:43 AM
www.elperiodico.es
Nadal delays return in order to be fit for Australia
"My left foot still hurts and I have to take things gradually"

Jaume Pujol-Galceran, Barcelona

http://www.elperiodico.com/EDICION/ED051216/CAS/FOTOS/EPP_ND/CARP01/f075mh01.jpg
Nadal yesterday in San Sadurni

Rafael Nadal will not play in the Spanish Masters tournament that begins today in Valladolid. It also seems unlikely that the world number two will fulfil his commitments to play two exhibition matches for charity, against Tommy Robredo in Girona on 22nd December and against Carlos Moya in Palma on 23rd December. As his recovery from arthritis in his left foot is not making the progress expected, Nadal has decided to limit his preparation plans so as not to complicate his participation in the Australian Open, the first Grand Slam of the season, at the beginning of January.

"I can't say exactly when I'll be back playing, because my foot still hurts and I have to make my recovery little by little," said Nadal yesterday at the annual reception given by the Asociación de Periodistas de Tenis (APT) at the Segura Viudas property in Sant Sadurní d'Anoia (Alt Penedes, Barcelona), where he received the ATP award of best Spanish tennis player of 2005.

"It's a delicate zone and it has to get better gradually. It is also where you put the weight of your foot when you are playing a stroke, so I have to be very careful," explained Nadal, who has not played since the Madrid Masters in November, and will concentrate all his effort on being in form in time for the Australian Open, which is why he has already ruled out playing in Chennai (India) in the first week in January. "Nothing is certain. The only thing I want to do is prepare as best as I can for the Australian Open that begins on January 17th."

NEW INSOLES
One of the possible causes of the pain that Nadal still feels may be in the part of his left foot that has to support his weight, so, from Monday, he is to start wearing special insoles to distribute the weight of his body, take the pressure off the affected area and thus relieve the pain.

When asked about the future, he said that he has no fixed aim. "Federer is number one and my aim is to be as close as possible to him. But I'm still young and I have to improve my game."

jenanun
12-17-2005, 09:38 AM
this withdrawal is not last minute... i knew that few weeks ago.

but if u talk about withdrawal in general, not nadal, but also bloody obvious as federer...

Bubba08
12-17-2005, 11:38 AM
That's what we call a star. :cool:

its.like.that
12-17-2005, 05:08 PM
You are a true old-timer. I like your way of thinking :D

Thank you Robert. :hatoff: