:lol: So not Paris.. Whaha

Well done Robin!

Alvarillo
12-11-2005, 07:25 PM
and he trains in Spain of course :)
Felicidades!

Fee
12-11-2005, 07:32 PM
So did he beat any of those guys or did they take each other out?

Awesome win for him. Good way to end his season. :D

Alexiana
12-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Great for him, Greece is in need of talents :rolleyes:
I wish him good luck, as I'm part greek ;)

prima donna
12-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I don't think "D.Y" is very happy.

adee-gee
12-11-2005, 07:43 PM
So did he beat any of those guys or did they take each other out?

Awesome win for him. Good way to end his season. :D
He beat Sweeting in the 1st round, although Ryan retired at 3-1 down in the 3rd. Also beat 5th seed Timothy Neilly.

Young lost 3-6 6-1 6-0 :eek: to Robin Roshardt

Frederick16
12-11-2005, 08:13 PM
now even greece seems so get decent players. we still have to wait for iceland, ireland and maybe malta?? last week is saw someone from monaco who is something of 300 in the world!!! wow!!

Christina
12-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Well done Paris! :worship:

I haven't had a chance to see him play yet but have been following his results due to being part Greek.

What a tournament for him.

Christina
12-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Hang on a second...

Are you sure about the result?

On a junior site that gets blocked out they say Robin Roshardt won 6/1 6/0?

:confused:

noober
12-11-2005, 08:28 PM
I can say for sure that Roshard won it.

-wokkel-
12-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Hang on a second...

Are you sure about the result?

On a junior site that gets blocked out they say Robin Roshardt won 6/1 6/0?

:confused:

Yeah :lol:.. They posted the wrong result whaha!

Galaxystorm
12-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah :lol:.. They posted the wrong result whaha!

:tape: Poor Alvarillo :sad:,he's gonna go to sleep thinking Gemouchidis won .:hug: :tape:

Doris Loeffel
12-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Hehe and I was already wondering since when is Robin Greek??
He's the third swiss player to win that event. You have 3 guesses who were the previous two ;)

jole
12-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Congrats to Robin!

Alvarillo
12-11-2005, 10:07 PM
:tape: Poor Alvarillo :sad:,he's gonna go to sleep thinking Gemouchidis won .:hug: :tape:
no :lol:
but still a great performance for the Spanish-Greek God :p

bokehlicious
12-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Hehe and I was already wondering since when is Robin Greek??
He's the third swiss player to win that event. You have 3 guesses who were the previous two ;)

Marc and Roger of course :worship: :)

star
12-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Roshardt, Wozniacki win OB title

Robin Roshardt of Switzerland captured the boys' 18 title, and Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark won the girls' title. [typical Danish name! :lol: :lol:]

BY LARRY MILIAN

Special to The Herald

Robin Roshardt of Switzerland cruised to the boys' 18-and-under singles title, and Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark had to play a tough second set to win the girls' title at the 59th Annual Orange Bowl International Tennis Championships at Crandon Park Tennis Center in Key Biscayne on Sunday.

Roshardt needed just one hour and two minutes to handle Greek-born Paris Gemouchidis 6-1, 6-0.

After the match, Roshardt found it hard to believe his name would be mentioned in the same breath as his boyhood idol, 1998 Orange Bowl champion Roger Federer.

''I can't believe my name is on the same list with his [Federer],'' Roshardt said. Roshardt's victory made him the third Swiss-born Orange Bowl champion in the tournament's history, joining Marc Rosset and Federer.

Roshardt, who lost one set in the tournament, insists he's not at his best right now.

''I'm still not playing my best tennis,'' he said. ``I was at my best two or three months ago. I'm not playing nervous right now, and that has helped me.''

A SLOW START

Roshardt found success in his first trip to the Orange Bowl but will be the first to admit it didn't get off to a good start.

''My first match of this tournament, I was not playing so well,'' Roshardt said, referring to his close call in the first round against Artem Smirnov of Ukraine, 7-6 (7-1), 7-6 (7-3). ``I kept getting better as the tournament went on.''

Gemouchidis gave a valiant effort, despite being plagued by injuries. He has been battling a pulled right calf muscle for most of the week, which affected his serve. But it was his left hamstring that hurt him early in the second set, and that led to an injury timeout.

''My left hamstring got tight late in the first set and got much worse at 2-0 in the second set,'' Gemouchidis said.

Gemouchidis entered the tournament as a qualifier and took the long road to the finals, having to play nine matches this week. Gemouchidis became the first qualifier to advance to an Orange Bowl final since the tournament moved to a hard-court surface in 1998.

The long road took a toll on him physically.

''I was in all kinds of pain,'' he said.

PLAYING FRIEND

Wozniacki defeated good friend Mihaela Buzarnescu of Romania 6-1, 6-4 to win the title.

''I want to thank Mihaela for letting me win today,'' Wozniacki said jokingly to the crowd at center court. ``I'm so excited. I can't believe I won. This is one of the biggest tournaments around. I'm happy that I proved to myself and everyone else that I am one of the best players in the world.''

Despite being close friends with Buzarnescu, Wozniacki put their friendship to the side when she stepped on the court.

''My dad said we would end up playing against each other in the finals,'' Wozniacki said. ``I didn't think so at first, but I guess he was right.''

Wozniacki, who has played in two pro tournaments already this year, is looking forward to continuing her winning ways in 2006.

''I'm definitely ending this year on a good note. I won the important tournament today. I just hope to pick up next year where I left off,'' Wozniacki said.

In the girls' 18 doubles final, local South Florida talent Jennifer-Lee Heisner and Elizabeth Plotkin of San Francisco defeated Wozniacki and Anna Tatishvili (Republic of Georgia) 6-2, 2-6, 6-4 to capture the title.

Heisner and Plotkin have been playing doubles exclusively for more than a year now. However, it was Plotkin's mother who actually played matchmaker for this doubles team.

''My mom went up to Jenny and asked her if she would like to play doubles with me. Jenny said yes and it has been great,'' said Plotkin, who has committed Duke.

The girls have become best friends and in the process.

''I was nervous throughout the match, but I had faith in my partner. That's the good part about being close friends,'' Plotkin said. ``You have to know each other well enough in order to be able to pick each other up. We know when we can push one another and how far we can do so.''

star
12-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Gemouchidis looks to have done very well this tournament. He put up a gallant fight. :)

avocadoe
12-12-2005, 02:35 PM
woohoo a baby boy swiss champ, a greek comer, a girl from SF...hi, Star, Wozniacki took out our old friend Alisa Kleybanova in the semis...Alisa is still only 15!!!

star
12-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Oh thanks! I didn't know that. Hard to believe Alisa is only 15!

Of course, you know that Wozniacki is now my new favorite. ;) ;)

smucav
12-12-2005, 05:30 PM
http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_18045_original.PDFYoung and Cilic in Mexico decider

Donald Young (USA) and Marin Cilic (CRO) are both still in the running to be named 2005 ITF Junior Boys World Champion. The two players have accepted wild card entries into this week’s Grade 1 Yucatan Cup in Mexico in a bid to secure the year-end No. 1 ranking.

Although Cilic was defeated in the third round at last week’s Orange Bowl in Key Biscayne, Young’s quarterfinal loss to eventual champion Robin Roshardt (SUI) means that the Croatian can still overtake his rival this week.

Roshardt became the third Swiss player to win the Orange Bowl, joining current World No. 1 Roger Federer (1998) and Marc Rosset (1988). The No. 9 seed ended the remarkable run of Greek qualifier Paris Gemouchidis in the final, winning 61 60 in the most lopsided boys’ title match in history.

Roshardt, who also defeated Gemouchidis at last week’s Eddie Herr International, said: “I am so happy that I won the Orange Bowl. I just played good today. He did, too, the first few games, then he cramped, so it was easy for me.”

Fifteen-year-old Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark overpowered Romania’s Mihaela Buzarnescu of Romania 61 64 in the girls’ final to win her third ITF Junior Circuit event of the year.

Wozniacki said: “I’m so excited. I can’t believe I won the tournament. It’s one of the biggest tournaments. I proved to myself one more time that I am one of the best players. I’m so happy. I hope to move to the seniors soon.”

For further information, visit www.itfjuniors.com.

Beat
12-13-2005, 08:04 AM
congratulations, robin :yeah:

croat123
12-14-2005, 01:28 PM
he lost first round this week in straights sets to a guy ranked 154

tennis elbow
12-14-2005, 06:13 PM
I took this picture right before the girls statrted their match, I hope it works! :confused:

btw, Ivo Heuberger was there all the time to cheer Roshardt on...

avocadoe
12-15-2005, 12:30 PM
wonderful smiles...nice pic to have...

star
12-15-2005, 01:41 PM
I took this picture right before the girls statrted their match, I hope it works! :confused:

btw, Ivo Heuberger was there all the time to cheer Roshardt on...

Thanks for the picture!

I hope you had a great time at the tournament.