Tennis Hall of Fame 2006 Nominees [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tennis Hall of Fame 2006 Nominees

nobama
12-11-2005, 02:51 AM
http://www.tennisfame.com/PressCenter/ballot06.html

INTERNATIONAL TENNIS HALL OF FAME ANNOUNCES 2006 INDUCTION BALLOT

NEWPORT, RI - Tony Trabert, Chairman of the Enshrinee Nominating Committee and President of the International Tennis Hall of Fame, today announced the individuals that have been named to the 2006 International Tennis Hall of Fame Induction Ballot. The nominees for 2006 induction are: Patrick Rafter, Gabriela Sabatini, Michael Stich, Sven Davidson, Christine Truman Janes, Gianni Clerici and Eiichi Kawatei.

"This year's ballot is truly international," announced Trabert (Hall of Famer 1970). "Individuals from Australia, Argentina, Germany, Sweden, Great Britain, Italy and Japan are named here today. Our great sport reaches to the four corners of the world, and we are proud to have seven different people representing seven different countries on this year's ballot."

Rafter, Sabatini and Stich have been nominated in the Hall of Fame's Recent Player category. Davidson and Janes have been nominated in the Master Player category while Clerici and Kawatei have been nominated as Contributors to the sport.

Deboogle!.
12-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Pat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fergie
12-11-2005, 03:55 AM
Pat and Gaby! :D

KimKong
12-11-2005, 08:08 AM
It has to be Pat Rafter, he was so nice and what a good tennis player. I always enjoyed his playing, especially agaisnt agassi, it was so amazing in wimbledon in the semi-finals!

Sugar Kane
12-11-2005, 12:01 PM
It has to be Pat Rafter, he was so nice and what a good tennis player. I always enjoyed his playing, especially agaisnt agassi, it was so amazing in wimbledon in the semi-finals!
:hug: So true.... :D:D:D

lau
12-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Pat and Gaby! :D
:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

mojo37_12
12-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Go Gaby!!! :worship:

Doris Loeffel
12-11-2005, 04:21 PM
I'll go with Pat and Gaby too!!

Chloe le Bopper
12-11-2005, 04:46 PM
I always liked Pat, but have a hard time considering somebody who only won 11singles titles as "Great". But who cares, it's the tennis HOF, they've lowered the bar so much already that it's not worth my going on about any further.

surfpinky
12-11-2005, 05:57 PM
yay gabriela! :D

robinhood
12-11-2005, 05:58 PM
I always liked Pat, but have a hard time considering somebody who only won 11singles titles as "Great". But who cares, it's the tennis HOF, they've lowered the bar so much already that it's not worth my going on about any further.

Ditto

Sjengster
12-11-2005, 06:02 PM
I assume it was the multiple Slams and no. 1 ranking that did it, then (although he was, of course, the briefest no. 1 in the history of the game). There's no doubt about it, while he's not quite in the Pioline/Ljubicic league, he'd have been a truly great player if his record in finals had been better. 11-14, I think, including those two consecutive Wimbledon finals. Ljubicic may have blown the Madrid and Paris finals in the space of three weeks, but there is any other player out there who has ever lost the Wimbledon, Montreal and Cincinnati finals back-to-back in the same year?

Winston's Human
12-11-2005, 08:25 PM
The closest is probably Roddick in 2004 when he lost the Wimbledon and Canada finals and the Cincinnati semifinals.

RogiFan88
12-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Yay Pat!!! ;)

prima donna
12-11-2005, 08:28 PM
If Gabriela Sabitini makes the HOF, it will officially become one big joke.

almouchie
12-11-2005, 08:49 PM
2 GS & 2 finalist doesnt make a Hall of Famer

Adman
12-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Patrick Rafter and Michael Stich, are the two who I think should go into the Hall of Fame.

Denaon
12-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Gaby :worship:

alfonsojose
12-12-2005, 05:05 PM
IF Gaby is in, so Conchita?

lorenz
12-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Bien Gaby :worship:

SwissMister1
12-12-2005, 06:01 PM
I may go to Newport this year, so it would be cool to see Pat if he got in.

Joey_82
12-26-2005, 10:40 PM

You obviously have no idea what Gaby did for womens tennis.
She has a record like no other.

if its about grandslams then Navotnas entry last year was a bigger joke and a shame.

Who is Novotna next to Gaby???

I'm talking titles, wins, crowd attraction to the game, idol qualities, diginity, great personality, fame and endless charity work. Strong stands for womens rights in the tennis world, leading campaigns to make things fair and better for womens tennis, honored by thousands around the world for her work till today:
fox gave her lifetime acheivment award last week, italy honored her in Buenos Aires last week, Germany honored her for being a successful woman, the list goes on and on. And this is all 10 years after she retired. She is one of the most successful athletes out there.
But if its about GrandSlam titles, then a dozen of thos recently entered into the Hall of Fame shouldn't be there, you can't deny that.

ofcourse you're entitled to your opinion, but before you judge just read what Gaby has done in her life and she is still doing to tennis players in Argentina now and in everything else.

Putting everything out there, She with no doubt deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/41588/
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/7208/

keep_er_lit!
12-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Patrick Rafter and Michael Stich, are the two who I think should go into the Hall of Fame.

:yeah:

Denaon
12-27-2005, 04:12 PM
You obviously have no idea what Gaby did for womens tennis.
She has a record like no other.

if its about grandslams then Navotnas entry last year was a bigger joke and a shame.

Who is Novotna next to Gaby???

I'm talking titles, wins, crowd attraction to the game, idol qualities, diginity, great personality, fame and endless charity work. Strong stands for womens rights in the tennis world, leading campaigns to make things fair and better for womens tennis, honored by thousands around the world for her work till today:
fox gave her lifetime acheivment award last week, italy honored her in Buenos Aires last week, Germany honored her for being a successful woman, the list goes on and on. And this is all 10 years after she retired. She is one of the most successful athletes out there.
But if its about GrandSlam titles, then a dozen of thos recently entered into the Hall of Fame shouldn't be there, you can't deny that.

ofcourse you're entitled to your opinion, but before you judge just read what Gaby has done in her life and she is still doing to tennis players in Argentina now and in everything else.

Putting everything out there, She with no doubt deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/41588/
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/7208/

Do not waste your time, those who have never recognised Gabriela's inmense talent and success will never do. Gabriela absolutely deserves this nomination and to enter the HOF :yeah:

shotgun
12-27-2005, 04:33 PM

The biggest joke in Newport is usually the men's tournament that takes place on the same week. :p

Joey_82
12-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Do not waste your time, those who have never recognised Gabriela's inmense talent and success will never do. Gabriela absolutely deserves this nomination and to enter the HOF :yeah:

Guess you're right.
Can't wait for the entrees to be anounced.
Gaby all the way :worship: :worship:

Neely
12-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Sure, probably nobody would love Stich to enter the Hall of Fame as much as me, but if he won't, I can't be sad either because for the common sense he most likely has not done enough "big things" for tennis during his too-short career.

Then again, it was already raised by others that there were already some "jokes" introduced to the HOF who don't have the biggest collection of Grand Slams, too. So maybe there is some hope for this oustanding and extraordinary, but unfulfilled talent Michael Stich :angel:

Joey_82
01-04-2006, 05:17 AM
Anyone know when its going to happen. The anouncement ?