how to choose tennis racquet for my boyfriend [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

how to choose tennis racquet for my boyfriend

beaway
12-09-2005, 01:39 AM
I want to buy a tennis racquet for my boyfriend as a christmas gift, but i do not know much how to choose it.

By the way, my boyfriend is quite a good player. He has played tennis for more than 10 years. And he is quite strong but not very tall. I think he is a power player.

This is what my friend recommend to me, so, could you help me to choose one?

http://www.opentip.com/index.php?cPath=1_4_128

IS it right that the most expensive one is the best? But I need a most suitable one.

Also, could you tell me some good online sporting goods stores? I want to order online.

Thanks!

K-Dog
12-09-2005, 01:42 AM
NO, the most expensive isn't the best! the players racquets are usually cheaper. i can't recommend one, but go to tenniswarehouse.com and look there.

alelysafina
12-09-2005, 01:48 AM
Why don't you just ask him? like ask him for a christmas list or something??

Fee
12-09-2005, 01:51 AM
DO NOT BUY YOUR BOYFRIEND A RACQUET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tennis players, even at the club level, are notoriously picky about their equipment. Chances are you will buy him the wrong racquet (wrong grip size, wrong weight, wrong swing value, wrong head size, wrong whatever). Unless you know exactly what he wants, I would strongly recommend you get him at $150 gift certificate (or whatever amount you can afford), and let him pick his own racquet.

NicoFan
12-09-2005, 01:55 AM
He really needs to check it out himself. Its got to feel right in your hand. A good tennis shop will let him use a demo for a couple of hours to see if he likes it.

For me, the most important thing is the grip and the weight (I like really really really light racquets).

NicoFan
12-09-2005, 01:59 AM

Tennis players, even at the club level, are notoriously picky about their equipment. Chances are you will buy him the wrong racquet (wrong grip size, wrong weight, wrong swing value, wrong head size, wrong whatever). Unless you know exactly what he wants, I would strongly recommend you get him at $150 gift certificate (or whatever amount you can afford), and let him pick his own racquet.

Lol Fee! You put it much better than I did!

And the amount is good too - most good racquets are anywhere between $125-$200 (sometimes more).

K-Dog
12-09-2005, 02:29 AM
I TOTALLY AGREE!! unless the racquet feels right to the actual person, it probably isn't going to work if someone picks it out w/o telling the person in advance.

wimbledonfan
12-09-2005, 02:24 PM
If you buy a tennis raquet , make sure you include a picture of Roger Federer with the gift :)

athie
12-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Wise words - only person I have trusted to buy my racquet is my coach :worship:

Peoples
12-09-2005, 09:54 PM
MacGregor 25'' Tennis Racquet
http://www.opentip.com/images/full/AC/AC-MTMRAQJP.jpg
If you can't decide, just buy this. It's a tennis racquet. You can hit balls with it.

El Legenda
12-09-2005, 10:31 PM
How bout the same one he is using now? i mean, you didnt think about that?

AgassiDomination
12-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Let him pick or you're pretty much screwed.

its.like.that
12-18-2005, 04:00 AM
tennis racquets are very personal items.