2005 Exhibitions! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2005 Exhibitions!

Eugenia
12-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Juani is playing some exhibitions in 2005, and this is the thread to cheer for him! He is going to play three exhibitions in Argentina:

Sexto Abierto de la Patagonia 2005 (Patagonia Open 2005)

Date: December 2-4
Players: Guillermo Cañas, Juan Ignacio Chela, Mariano Zabaleta, Juan Mónaco, Juan Pablo Brzezicki, Lucas Arnold, Mariano Hood, Nicolás Jara Lozano and Demián Gschwend.

Note: Juan is the two-time defending champion, he won in 2003 (d. Lucas Arnold 6-2 y 6-2) and 2004 (d. Mariano Zabaleta 6-2 y 6-4).

Interclubes de Primera

Juan finally didn't play in this event
Date: December 1-8
Players: Mariano Puerta, Juan Ignacio Chela, José Acasuso, Mariano Zabaleta, Giovanni Lapentti, Carlos Berlocq, Mariano Hood, Sebastián Prieto, Diego Hartfield, Christian Miniussi, Máximo González, Leonardo Mayer, Horacio Zeballos.

Note: Juan is playing for the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club team, along with Puerta, Hood, Zeballos and Moyano.

Tercera Copa Argentina de Tenis Peugeot (Third Peugeot Argentinian Cup)

Date: December 15-19
Players: David Nalbandian, Mariano Puerta, Gastón Gaudio (defending champion), Juan Ignacio Chela, José Acasuso, Guillermo Cañas, Agustín Calleri, Mariano Zabaleta, Juan Mónaco, Juan Martín Del Potro, Luis Horna and Guga Kuerten.

Tenis Entre Todos

Date: December 18
Players: Juan Ignacio Chela, Mariano Zabaleta, Chucho Acasuso, Mariano Puerta, Guillermo Cañas, Paola Suarez, Gisela Dulko.

Vamos Juan!!! :cool:

Eugenia
12-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Patagonia Open:

Juan lost his match against Juan Mónaco 7-6(2) 6-4. That's what he said before the match:
"La verdad es que me gusta mucho venir a Neuquén y además la paso muy bien acá. Y además los últimos dos torneos los gané y ahora voy por el tercero".
"The true is that I like to come to Neuquén and also I feel so good here. Also, I won the last two tournaments and now I'm going fot the third one".

About who wants to see in the final:
"Es lo mismo, acá todos tenemos un nivel bastante parejo, y si bien el año pasado le gané a Zabaleta, en esta oportunidad, todos queremos ganar, y con la presencia de Willy Cañas, la cosa es más difícil".
"It's the same, we all have an equal level, and although I won to Zabaleta last year, everybody wants to win, and with the appearance of Willy Cañas, the things are more difficult".

shotgun
12-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Hi

Chela is currently playing an exhibition tournament in Brazil, together with Puerta, Guga and Ricardo Mello. He just entered it today after Nicolas Kiefer retired from the tournament due to a stomachic virus. He lost his first match to Puerta 6-3 6-4 and will now play against Mello tomorrow. There's a thread about this on the exhibitions forum.

Bye. :wavey:

Mara_M
12-15-2005, 06:49 PM
any pics guys:awww:?
lost to puerta:mad:?

Eugenia
12-17-2005, 01:36 AM
This is the Main Draw of the Copa Argentina de Tenis Peugeot :)

(1)David Nalbandian vs. Bye
Juan Monaco vs. Mariano Zabaleta
José Acasuso vs. Guillermo Cañas
(3)Juan Ignacio Chela vs. Bye

(SE)Gustavo Kuerten vs. Bye
Carlos Berlocq vs. Luis Horna
Agustin Calleri vs. Juan Martín Del Potro
(2)Mariano Puerta vs. Bye

Eugenia
12-17-2005, 01:38 AM
Juan played today against Chucho Acasuso and he won 7-5 3-6 7-5!!! :bigclap: The match was quite long, like two hours and a half or so. I'm happy because Juan made some great shots and he seems very happy everytime he plays in Buenos Aires! :kiss: Good luck Juan! :bounce:

Corina2605
12-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Yay, that's great news, thanks Eugenia :)

Btw, I preferred your last avatar picture much more, any chance you will change it again? :)

Vamos Juan!

Eugenia
12-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Yay, that's great news, thanks Eugenia :)

Btw, I preferred your last avatar picture much more, any chance you will change it again? :)

Vamos Juan!

Yes, I know... I like David too, but I was thinking about change my avatar in 2006. We'll see... :)