Goran: "Croatia will dominate Davis Cup" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Goran: "Croatia will dominate Davis Cup"

croat123
12-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Neka pati koga smeta, Hrvatska je prvak svijeta

shotgun
12-05-2005, 03:30 PM

Post in english, please, so that non-croatian people can also opinate on this subject.

croat123
12-05-2005, 03:33 PM
It was the first song played at the players' reception in Zagreb today. "Let those who are bothered by it suffer, Croatia is the world champion" (just it sounds way better in croatian)

Guybrush
12-05-2005, 04:28 PM

...neka samo suze rone, mi imamo šampione! :worship:
(...let them drown tears, we have the champions!)

alfonsojose
12-05-2005, 05:15 PM
:scared: That sounds really full of :mad: .

+alonso
12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Congrats :worship:

KoOlMaNsEaN
12-05-2005, 10:51 PM
I doubt it. Theres only Ivan and Mario..

DrJules
12-05-2005, 10:58 PM

If they beat Austria away in round 1 in 2006 they have a reasonable chance of defending the cup.

ys
12-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Once a clown, always a clown.. :) Did he take down his pants and danced in his jockeys on the street like he did after winning Wimbledon? :)

croat123
12-06-2005, 01:46 AM
have u checked the juniors lately? one of them is bound to make a breakthrough...4 out of the 16 seeds at the orange bowl are croatian :eek:

Fergie
12-06-2005, 02:16 AM
Why not? ... Croatia is a tough team and a new favorite now :)

s.m.
12-06-2005, 09:44 AM

that is because the song can not be translated to make sense
you have to know the language
it would be like we translaate our swears
it would sound ridiculous and without meaning to you :)

Guybrush
12-06-2005, 12:50 PM

Yep, in English does. But not in our language. When you translate something literaly the results are not always perfect :sad:

croat123
12-06-2005, 01:35 PM
that's why i origionally didn't want to translate it :p

when i was at the orange bowl yesterday i was with a friend who had picked up the word kurac from me (from when i play cause every other word that comes out of my mouth is kurac). And we were walking behind this lady who had a croatian uniform on and he yelled it out :o

mini155
12-06-2005, 04:16 PM
that's why i origionally didn't want to translate it :p

when i was at the orange bowl yesterday i was with a friend who had picked up the word kurac from me (from when i play cause every other word that comes out of my mouth is kurac). And we were walking behind this lady who had a croatian uniform on and he yelled it out :o

:haha:
I know that feeling... Most of my friend know "jebiga" and "odi u picku materinu" so they used to yell it in my phone when I talked to someone in croatia :o

Scarlett
12-06-2005, 04:23 PM
:haha:
I know that feeling... Most of my friend know "jebiga" and "odi u picku materinu" so they used to yell it in my phone when I talked to someone in croatia :o

hmm, i'm going on holiday next week and one of the places i'm going to is croatia, so do i take it that these would not be the best words for me to use when i'm there???

Scarlett
12-06-2005, 04:29 PM
although can i also say that i am looking forward to seeing if i can get the sentence 'zovem se crvenkapica' in somewhere, as according to my 'everyday croatian' book i have from the library, this translates as 'i am called little red riding hood'. This is in chapter 1 of an EVERYDAY language book.

mini155
12-06-2005, 04:29 PM
hmm, i'm going on holiday next week and one of the places i'm going to is croatia, so do i take it that these would not be the best words for me to use when i'm there???

depends who you talk to :p ... Well, let´s say that they are not friendly, allthough the first one is used by so many people that it itsn´t regarded as anything toooo mean...

mini155
12-06-2005, 04:30 PM
although can i also say that i am looking forward to seeing if i can get the sentence 'zovem se crvenkapica' in somewhere, as according to my 'everyday croatian' book i have from the library, this translates as 'i am called little red riding hood'. This is in chapter 1 of an EVERYDAY language book.

:haha: :rolls: :haha:

OMg, if you want to, I could give you some more usefull stuff...

Scarlett
12-06-2005, 04:36 PM
:haha: :rolls: :haha:

OMg, if you want to, I could give you some more usefull stuff...

could you?? that would be excellent, what a star you are :D
does it sound too awful to ask you how to say 'can i please get a double vodka and orange?' and anything that might be useful :)

mini155
12-06-2005, 05:14 PM
could you?? that would be excellent, what a star you are :D
does it sound too awful to ask you how to say 'can i please get a double vodka and orange?' and anything that might be useful :)

I´ll send you a PM a little later this evening :)