Problem after and while playing tennis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Problem after and while playing tennis

fhuneeus
12-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Hi guys watsup I would like to ask you does anybody of you when playing you get blisters? Lately on all the matches I've played I've seriously damaged my hand's skin.... May it be because of how I grab the raquet?? or maybe my skin is just too sensible don't know... does this also happen to anyone elsE?

Domino
12-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Get a different grip. Yours obviously keeps your hand too dry, causing it to rub and rupture the epidermis.

croat123
12-04-2005, 07:45 PM
or u could just get a glove. they make ones esecially for tennis

fhuneeus
12-04-2005, 07:59 PM
I hadn't though of that domino, thanks for the suggestion. Which grip would you recommend? I'm currently planning on buying Head Liquidmetal Radical which comes with a hydrocontrol head grip

ae wowww
12-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Gloves are cack! Just put an overgrip on... prob your factory grip is shite or worn down.. Could change that too. Kind of expected to get blisters a bit really, hard skin after a while, then the problem should go.

You can also put athletic tape on your fingers. I only wear a glove for lifting weight, not a good idea for tennis.

Xytraguptorh
12-04-2005, 09:04 PM
I had a similar problem as this. To make a long story short, I tried to make a vagina out of some household products and ended up tearing the skin on and around my penis. What I found out was if you put some Bengay on there, the wound will heal and ultimately you'll end up forming callouses -- hence, no more blisters.

Domino
12-04-2005, 09:23 PM
I hadn't though of that domino, thanks for the suggestion. Which grip would you recommend? I'm currently planning on buying Head Liquidmetal Radical which comes with a hydrocontrol head grip

There are several good ones, like the white wilson pro overgrips, though they are a bit thick, and might interfere with the sixe of the grip.

Typically though, you want to stick with the same brand as the racquet, so Head Xtreme softs are thin enough and are good for preventing blisters.

My personal opinion, though I use a wilson ncode, is replacing the original with a softer one like the wilson leather grips. It's expensive, but lasts very long and is so comfortable when I hit.

The head replacements are usually like the one you have, though a good one my friend uses is the softac traction. It's cheap too, so you can get a couple for a good price.

fhuneeus
12-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Thanks a lot domino, I'll first buy the raquet try it in some matches and see how it goes.... so head xtreme is your recommendation maybe i will order one of those grips with the raquet.. thanks a lot if anyone has anything more to suggest i will also be grateful

Eve83
12-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Hi guys watsup I would like to ask you does anybody of you when playing you get blisters? Lately on all the matches I've played I've seriously damaged my hand's skin.... May it be because of how I grab the raquet?? or maybe my skin is just too sensible don't know... does this also happen to anyone elsE?

Donīt wanna scare you but I have the same problem and I always thought itīs just my dry skin causing that problem. It got especially worse AFTER the matches. Well, turns out I have an allergy to latex. Maybe itīs not that bad with you and you just need a new grip, however you may think about it although itīs pretty seldom...I was pretty shocked when I found out but it cleared a lot of things up (using erasers, pens with grip and even my toothbrush were a problem). Good thing is, itīs just a local skin irritation and not the really bad version.

I am currently searching for grips without latex...anyone?

wcr
12-05-2005, 12:25 AM

Are you a beginner? If so, your hand will develop blisters and then callouses. It's normal.

If you're not a beginner and you are developing these problems as of late, check your grip to see if you've changed it. If it's not your grip, check with your dermatologist in case something has changed with your body's largest organ.

Try wearing a glove. If seen a few folks out there who wear a tennis glove on their right hand only (they are one-handed back hand players). They've worn them for years. The added benefit of course is less sun damage to the top of your hand.

fhuneeus
12-05-2005, 02:13 AM
Well I'm actually not a begginer but lastly I've been trying various different raquets maybe because of that so much different grips being used.... I think it is a grip problem... The thing about latex I don't think it is like that I have no problem with erasers or pens as you mentioned.... and I wouldn't like to use a glove :( so I'll just wait to order my new head raquet and see how things go.....
also another question how do you put an overgrip on a raquet? it's like a tape you just roll on the grip??

fhuneeus
12-05-2005, 03:17 AM
While watching tv i got the idea of uploading a picture of my hand so you could see what I have after playing a match with a raquet I had never used before (lended one)... here's the pic so you could help me:

http://grobyc2k3.iespana.es/S4300006.JPG

that's the url of the picture

YoursTruly
12-05-2005, 03:39 AM
I have a common tennis blister on the inner side of my right hand's thumb. I think it's here to stay.

YoursTruly
12-05-2005, 03:40 AM
Get a different grip. Yours obviously keeps your hand too dry, causing it to rub and rupture the epidermis.

Your epidermis is showing :)

TheMaster
12-05-2005, 05:46 AM
fhuneeus, it's most likely that your hand needs to get used to the new racquet.

jus play as much as you want, and when it gets really bad, give a few days for your hand to heal, and you'll find your skin will harden, n you won't have the problem again.

when you get a new racquet, the grip rubs your hand in different areas that you're not used to. at least that's what I think it is...

ae wowww
12-05-2005, 06:22 AM
The two blisters in the picture are classic tennis blisters! :D I have always had hard skin there.

megadeth
12-05-2005, 06:53 AM
what about blistered toes? i've got terrible blisters there and i even wear double socks but it's still not enough. would taping it be a good alternative?

fhuneeus
12-05-2005, 02:58 PM
:(:( it's really hard to have those blisters most of my friends that also play don't get them... I dunno maybe it is that my skin needs to adapt to the raquet......

fhuneeus
12-06-2005, 04:12 AM
up !

jole
12-06-2005, 05:01 AM
The two blisters in the picture are classic tennis blisters! :D I have always had hard skin there.

I have the hard skin in the right side of my dominant hand.

ae wowww
12-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Federerthebest recently left me negative feedback: 'Doubles sucks you faggot'

LOL :D I literally cried