NFL Week 13 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NFL Week 13

SadrieL
12-03-2005, 02:38 AM
Some early looks.

MIN Vikings -2.5 @ DET Lions : Everyone saw the Lions on Thanksgiving Day, right? So you also saw how incredibly BAD they are. The Vikings are 4-0 since picking up Brad Johnson at QB, and he's taking this team places. He didn't win a SuperBowl selling ice cream. This line is an insult to the Vikings, they will win here.

ATL Falcons +3 @ CAR Panthers : Vick is 6-0 as a starter against the Panthers. He has their number. My Irish friend also thinks the Falcons will roll here, and I don't back against the luck of the Irish. He doesn't carry around that pot of gold for nothing.

SEA Seahawks -4 @ PHI Eagles : I'm an Eagles fan, and their season finished before it began. Seahawks played like a bunch of old women against the 49ers, they can't play any worse than that. Seahawks will roll the flapping Eagles.

Some other thoughts:

JAX Jaguars @ CLE Browns : Jaguars without Byron Leftwich, but Browns are still pretty... brown. (read: CRAP)

DAL Cowboys @ NY Giants : It's not easy to sweep a team, and I don't think Giants are good enough to do it. Good opportunity here to cash in on the Cowboys.

DEN Broncos @ KC Chiefs : Everyone's talking about how good the Broncos are, bla bla bla. Jake Plummer showed signs of his former self against the Cowboys. Sooner or later, the old Jake Plummer will return.

flmmkrz
12-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Should be a profitable week if all holds true to form

Jax -2.5 (bought the hook) x 4 units over Clev

Garrard could start on this squad so the loss of leftwich isnt as major as the loss of a starting qb would be on most squads. The strength of the jags is on the defensive side of the ball. They should shut down an injured Dilfer and droughns can try and run all he wants he shouldnt get very far. I look for the Jags to keep them to under 2 scores and even with taylor out to rush for a score, a few field goals and one thru the air for a comfortable win. Bought the hook cuz of jax's tendency to play down to their competition so just in case they decide to win by just a field goal I wanna be in on the winning side of that.

ATL +3.5 over Carolina x 2 units

Divisional match so I expect a tight one thus I bought the hook here as well but this is a match up that Atl has owned the last few years winning 12 of 14. Its all about on field match ups. Caros strength is in a strong defensive front 4 who overpower o lines creating hurried passes and backfield tackles on rb's. Against a traditional pocket passer its a tough d but with so few up at the line and most back in some form of passing coverage the gaps are open for vick to run, and he does it alot against this caro squad. On the other side of the ball Caro is sputtering, they have all sorts of trouble running the ball and Delhomme is inconsistant. Look for Atl to be doubling up smith all day as the non existant rushing game of carolina doesnt scare them.

NE -10 over jets each 1 unit plays

Brady off a stinker needs to get back on track and the d needs a game to feed off of, look for the pats to make an example of a terrible jets squad.

Had a balt play as well but hedged on it not convinced they can cover the 8 tho my numbers indicate they should easily.

its.like.that
12-04-2005, 09:28 AM
I have some trends to go on, because trends always win.

Back soon with my plays.

:D

bad gambler
12-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Lions ML v Vikings - $2.10

Lions got humiliated in the turkeyday game, but this is a good opportunity for them to bounce back, especially with the clean out of the coaching staff after last week's debacle. Working the new coach angle. Also Dre Bly should be back in secondary which should help matters

good luck

bad gambler
12-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Adding:

OVERS 50.5 Colts v Titans - $1.90

good luck

sports freak
12-04-2005, 04:53 PM
A few nice plays 2day!!

20 units on St Lious Rams +3pts over Washington Redskins!!!!

15 units on Buffalo Bills +5pts over Miami Dolphins!!!!

10 units on Kansas City Chiefs pk over Denver Broncos!!!

Other leans on G/Bay +7/Carolina -3!!!!!

Good luck!!!

flmmkrz
12-04-2005, 07:32 PM
gotta love the no show in the first half by jax then the timely interception to give up another late score. Jax is killin me here.

flmmkrz
12-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Should be a profitable week if all holds true to form

Jax -2.5 (bought the hook) x 4 units over Clev

Garrard could start on this squad so the loss of leftwich isnt as major as the loss of a starting qb would be on most squads. The strength of the jags is on the defensive side of the ball. They should shut down an injured Dilfer and droughns can try and run all he wants he shouldnt get very far. I look for the Jags to keep them to under 2 scores and even with taylor out to rush for a score, a few field goals and one thru the air for a comfortable win. Bought the hook cuz of jax's tendency to play down to their competition so just in case they decide to win by just a field goal I wanna be in on the winning side of that.

ATL +3.5 over Carolina x 2 units

Divisional match so I expect a tight one thus I bought the hook here as well but this is a match up that Atl has owned the last few years winning 12 of 14. Its all about on field match ups. Caros strength is in a strong defensive front 4 who overpower o lines creating hurried passes and backfield tackles on rb's. Against a traditional pocket passer its a tough d but with so few up at the line and most back in some form of passing coverage the gaps are open for vick to run, and he does it alot against this caro squad. On the other side of the ball Caro is sputtering, they have all sorts of trouble running the ball and Delhomme is inconsistant. Look for Atl to be doubling up smith all day as the non existant rushing game of carolina doesnt scare them.

NE -10 over jets each 1 unit plays

Brady off a stinker needs to get back on track and the d needs a game to feed off of, look for the pats to make an example of a terrible jets squad.

Had a balt play as well but hedged on it not convinced they can cover the 8 tho my numbers indicate they should easily.

Jax was money after a slow start 4 unit win , 2 unit loss on atl

and NE remaining

its a winner day regardless but NE could make it a nicer day

Gunner
12-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Its everything i otuch turns to shat again after a good night last night first ljubo now denver ffs cmoon :(

bad gambler
12-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Both bets lost for me

Onwards to NBA

flmmkrz
12-05-2005, 12:28 AM
NE is money

2 for 3 today with atls terrible performance

sports freak
12-05-2005, 12:41 AM
A few nice plays 2day!!

20 units on St Lious Rams +3pts over Washington Redskins!!!!

15 units on Buffalo Bills +5pts over Miami Dolphins!!!!

10 units on Kansas City Chiefs pk over Denver Broncos!!!

Other leans on G/Bay +7/Carolina -3!!!!!

Good luck!!!

Redskins turned up da gas in da 4th :sad:

bad gambler
12-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Seahawks to cover -3 v Eagles - $1.88

Even though I don't trust them to win by more than 3 on the road - more just an eagles fade bet

good luck

flmmkrz
12-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Seahawks to cover -3 v Eagles - $1.88

Even though I don't trust them to win by more than 3 on the road - more just an eagles fade bet

good luck

:rolleyes:

prepared to not believe to the very end huh bg

ah well my hawks will make you some money tonight

dbnumberone
12-05-2005, 11:48 PM
cold & 1-3 inches of snow in philly when making your decision...
made mine, paid a bit of a premium for the under 40.5

bad gambler
12-05-2005, 11:49 PM
:rolleyes:

prepared to not believe to the very end huh bg

ah well my hawks will make you some money tonight

if i had the opportunity, i would even buy the hook to -2.5 ;)

flmmkrz
12-06-2005, 01:18 AM
if i had the opportunity, i would even buy the hook to -2.5 ;)

my book had it -3.5 so I bought the hook to the -3 but kicking myself for it cuz this is a statement game for the hawks tonight and I think they win this one easily.

bad gambler
12-06-2005, 01:22 AM
my book had it -3.5 so I bought the hook to the -3 but kicking myself for it cuz this is a statement game for the hawks tonight and I think they win this one easily.

yeah pinny had it at -3.5, i used centrebet to take the FT line at -3, but CB don't offer adjustable lines which really blows especially for US sports

bad gambler
12-06-2005, 01:25 AM
lets just hope the reggie's spirit doesn't make the eagles play out of their skin tonight

flmmkrz
12-06-2005, 03:40 AM
well thats 35-0 at half...

knew I wouldnt need that hook

how you likin my seahawks bg???

bad gambler
12-06-2005, 04:00 AM
how you likin my seahawks bg???
if they beat the colts at home, sign me up

flmmkrz
12-06-2005, 05:06 AM
if they beat the colts at home, sign me up