TTC: Book Of Tennis Chronicles [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

TTC: Book Of Tennis Chronicles

prima donna
12-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Has anyone ever had the pleasure of viewing this ? It's a nice 30 minute segment, I believe that there are 2 or 3 different versions made, maybe even 3 or 4. It covers events all the way from the 1800's up until about 1998, what makes it so unique is also that current events (at that particular time) are noted and tied in. I also love the theme music, I even downloaded it from the website.

I think it's neat, it's one of the few and rare times we get to see footage from the early 1900's, seeing Suzanne Lenglen's acrobatic jumps on tape are even more impressive than they are when photographed.

AlexNYR
12-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Has anyone ever had the pleasure of viewing this ? It's a nice 30 minute segment, I believe that there are 2 or 3 different versions made, maybe even 3 or 4. It covers events all the way from the 1800's up until about 1998, what makes it so unique is also that current events (at that particular time) are noted and tied in. I also love the theme music, I even downloaded it from the website.

I think it's neat, it's one of the few and rare times we get to see footage from the early 1900's, seeing Suzanne Lenglen's acrobatic jumps on tape are even more impressive than they are when photographed.

yeah its great cause i love tennis and history so i enjoy seeing what happened in life and tennis during a certain year..the music ounds ominous though but its catchy..TTC has some great programs/documentaries

cobalt60
12-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Yes I have recently caught 2 of the episodes. Very nice indeed. Makes me even remember when I watched the oldies but goodies:p

Deboogle!.
12-03-2005, 06:01 AM
It's interesting indeed, but the first time I watched it, it was late at night and I was in bed and it kinda gave me the creeps :lol: The background music and stuff freaked me out LOL. But it's a good show definitely. There are a whole bunch of them it seems :)

prima donna
12-03-2005, 06:19 AM
The background music and stuff freaked me out LOL.
The music is creepy, but after awhile I've learned to appreciate it.

Federerhingis
12-03-2005, 06:39 AM

Yes I have they are great documentaries, but they repeat them too much. The man on the moon one with Court and Laver they repeated that one all month in November.

The one segment I really loved was the "Borg Saga" and its now part of my tennis videos archives. :D

avocadoe
12-03-2005, 02:04 PM
I wish I could get TTC...the docu's sound wonderful...When HBO carried Wimbledon they used to show some neat old clips of Suzanne and Laver and others. My cable server has it in some parts of N. California, but not where I live. Maybe I should move, lol.

star
12-03-2005, 02:13 PM
:wavey: Avocita! Yes!! What a brilliant idea. Let's all move to where the tennis channel is. Is it in Mendecino? ;)

Deboogle!.
12-03-2005, 03:36 PM
The music is creepy, but after awhile I've learned to appreciate it.Yeah, it's fine, it just spooked me the first time I watched it late at night in bed :lol:

avocadoe, do you have Comcast? They've shown they're willing to add it if enough people call up and request. Call and email them all the time and have everyone you know do the same.... it worked in LA :)

gusman890
12-03-2005, 04:07 PM
yeahh i'm calling up later today as a b-day gift haha..since i'm always bitching for it

prima donna
12-03-2005, 05:22 PM
The one segment I really loved was the "Borg Saga" and its now part of my tennis videos archives. :D
Out of curiousity, what is your insight on Borg's alleged and later denied attempted suicide ?

It sounds a bit fishy to me, of course a tennis player has a few potions, so to speak in his bag, but those are just to compensate for the lack of the human body to adjust to different time zone's over and over again. Why would you take more than 2 sleeping pills ? I mean, it just sounds phony. I admire Bjorn and most of his accomplishments (except for his failed comeback, which some would label as an accomplishment), but suicide is no way out.

Federerhingis
12-04-2005, 05:10 AM
Out of curiousity, what is your insight on Borg's alleged and later denied attempted suicide ?

It sounds a bit fishy to me, of course a tennis player has a few potions, so to speak in his bag, but those are just to compensate for the lack of the human body to adjust to different time zone's over and over again. Why would you take more than 2 sleeping pills ? I mean, it just sounds phony. I admire Bjorn and most of his accomplishments (except for his failed comeback, which some would label as an accomplishment), but suicide is no way out.

Yeah I have to agree here with you, I mean yeah he was having business issues as well. The marketing kind of went failed since the relationships turned sour and what not. I mean yeah he did have or has a type A personality, which he actually never showed on the tennis court but I doubt it actually took fruition or to the point where he actually underwent with the whole process of inflicting self harm to end his life. Well I dont know the whole issue behind it so. :shrug: