Most annoying Tennis commercial of 2005 ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Most annoying Tennis commercial of 2005 ?

prima donna
11-27-2005, 08:17 AM
This thread is retarded, you don't have to say it.

I said it for you, but having that been said: Which commercial annoyed you the most in 2005? For me, it had to be the one with Taylor Dent & Andre's Spawn, I forget the kid's name, it drove me insane during the French Open.

It doesn't necessarily have to be tennis related, it can also be a commercial or advertisement that ESPN insisted on playing 50 + times a day. Like the Nasdaq commercial during Miami or World On A String commercial a few years ago.

RonE
11-27-2005, 11:13 AM
All the commercials featuring Andy Roddick during the U.S. Open. And they aired them one after the other during every break for the whole duration of the tournament following his first round loss :tape:

Hola Mr. SK
11-27-2005, 11:36 AM
All the commercials featuring Andy Roddick during the U.S. Open. And they aired them one after the other during every break for the whole duration of the tournament following his first round loss :tape:
yeah, that's kinda embarrassing...

sigmagirl91
11-27-2005, 12:15 PM
The baby commercial

IDJ49
11-27-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm a Roddick fan but those US Open commercials drove me nuts. Especially the Mojo ones.

Truc
11-27-2005, 12:48 PM
The commercial for the Dubai tournament on Eurosport (with the WTA players saying "I love Dubai" etc.)
It also qualifies for the most annoying commercial of 2004 because they have been showing it constantly for TWO YEARS now on Eurosport (with slight variations)!

momo
11-27-2005, 01:19 PM
The baby commercial

Anyone have a link for that?

euroka1
11-27-2005, 01:21 PM

They paid heavily for them and for the TV slots, so why not? It was always a good chance for raiding the refrigerator or for taking a bathroom break.

almouchie
11-27-2005, 01:57 PM
i havent seem it but Roddick Mojo was turned into a bit of joke all around tv shows in america with Andy losing in the first round

Tennis Fool
11-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Mr. "I did it" Pete Sampras RBS ad :mad:

njnetswill
11-27-2005, 08:17 PM

:haha: That commercial looked very low budget and you just felt sorry for Sampras his lines were so stupid.

HappyAndie
11-27-2005, 10:43 PM
If you're talking about the "world on a string" commerical that I think you're talking about, I loved that commerical, but maybe because I love Sinatra. :)

The def. worst commercial had to tbe the "I'll play you for it" Genworth Financial commercial.

MissMoJo
11-27-2005, 11:02 PM
"arghh! oohhh! ummph! ahhh! make every shot, a power shot" :smash:

LoveFifteen
11-27-2005, 11:18 PM
I got sick of that "I'll play you for it" ad. It was a good ad, but I saw it 100 times a day during the French Open.

Carito_90
11-27-2005, 11:27 PM
One word:

MOJO.

:o

Jennay
11-27-2005, 11:31 PM
The def. worst commercial had to tbe the "I'll play you for it" Genworth Financial commercial.
Yes. :smash:

Chloe le Bopper
11-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Ugh, this one was so bad that I can't erase it from my mind. And I rarely remember a commercial, even minutes after seeing it (my visual memory is absolute crap, and don't even get my started on my attention span), so that's saying a lot. Everytime it came on the telly I couldn't help by roll my eyes yet still feel tinge of sympathy for Sampras, who has about as much charisma as a baked potato.

I suppose that I'm the only one who liked the Mojo ads, eh? Oh well. Makes me feel special, like American Express was playing them strictly for my amusement. Clearly they were.

Haute
11-28-2005, 12:19 AM
I don't remember what it's for now, I just remember seeing Federer pressing '2' over and over and over again... World #1 and all they have him do is press a button. :rolleyes:

The Mojo commericals and Genworth Financial were just as bad though.

Venus needs to get back to making good commercials, at least that Wack-a-Mole commerical a few years ago was entertaining. :D

Regenbogen
11-28-2005, 01:00 AM
I got sick of that "I'll play you for it" ad. It was a good ad, but I saw it 100 times a day during the French Open.
yeah that thing started driving me insane after seeing it the 50th time :o

Tennis Fool
11-28-2005, 01:15 AM
Sharapova's ad has become a regular commercial appearing often during prime time, like for instance, CSI.

euroka1
11-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Thank heavens for that mute button on my remote. All of the above were BAD and did not bear much repetition.

DrJules
11-28-2005, 01:24 AM
Sharapova's ad has become a regular commercial appearing often during prime time, like for instance, CSI.

Sharapova's good eye candy. :smooch:

prima donna
11-28-2005, 01:48 AM
Sharapova's good eye candy. :smooch:
If you enjoy viewing Maria Sharapova, then may I suggest tuning into NFL Europe ? Obviously you take a liking to masculine featuring, including shoulders that would put some linebackers to shame.

artlinkletter
11-28-2005, 03:16 AM
The stupid deodarant ad with Sharapova, and the Lexus car with the old man talking with Andy. The best one I think was the one for Canon with Andre and Steffi, with the little kids. Cute.