dean goldfine [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

dean goldfine

aaron_112
11-26-2005, 11:32 PM
does anyone know if andy will be changing coaches for 2006

Noelle
11-26-2005, 11:55 PM
From what it looks like on both Andy's websites and how Andy has been talking about Dean, I think it might be a safe bet to say Dean's staying on for at least another year. :)

leslie1986
02-05-2006, 12:42 PM
guess andy should get back to brad gilbert..

Fee
02-05-2006, 06:12 PM
ewww, no. anything but Brad.

tangerine_dream
02-05-2006, 07:43 PM
People need to get off the "hire Brad Gilbert back" bandwagon already because it ain't gonna happen.

Tashaa
02-05-2006, 08:39 PM
that's true!!! Andy needs brad to come back!! It was the only one who managed to put andy high and make him the number one

Deboogle!.
02-05-2006, 08:40 PM
:lol: Andy played two of the worst matches I've ever seen him play when Brad was his coach.

next!

cobalt60
02-05-2006, 08:53 PM
The coach is good; Andy needs a shot of ginsing for mental stability;)

heya
02-05-2006, 10:45 PM
@ the Madrid match with Karlovic, Andy just pushed the ball around like he was playing Commodore computer's Pong game.

Dean looks like a fitness trainer watching Andy serving 150 mph. If Andy's happy being his babysitter, more power to him. :scared:
Resembles Jude Law and his ex-wife.

Dirk
02-05-2006, 11:18 PM
:lol: Andy played two of the worst matches I've ever seen him play when Brad was his coach.

next!

Brad did a great job with Andy and was working on his volleys with him near the end of their run. Andy's parents were just ungrateful and Andy listened to them about Brad.

Brad has a deal with ESPN for I think 3 years so he won't do it again. Andy should ask Mats to be his coach but Mats might overload Andy even more out there mentally.

Fee
02-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Mats doesn't want to travel and is not interested in being anyone's coach, much less Andy.

It was Andy's decision to leave Brad, for a number of reasons. It was not about his parents and it was not about money. I really wish people would just get over Andy and Brad, it is an old subject and its been beaten to death. Andy does not need to get back with Brad Gilbert any more than Andre Agassi does.

heya
02-05-2006, 11:47 PM
BG told Andy to stand far back to return.
2004- In San Jose, he boasted to Evening Magazine TV show (KPIX) that Andy'd be able to serve 160 mph.

Drysdale saw how energy wasting the 140 mph serve was, and Gilbert said nothing because he kept saying "Roddick's extremely fit...nothing wrong with the serve technique. He has a stiff backhand. He can't move on clay as fast as Blake."
On Sportscenter, BG smirked + turned beet red when he was reminded of the ball bashing technique he taught Roddick at Wimbledon.

Princebaseliner
02-05-2006, 11:58 PM
I don't see why Roddick keeps Goldfine. It seems for the last year or so Roddick has said how much better he is yet he keeps on having disappointing results.

heya
02-06-2006, 12:10 AM
He's busy being a TENNIS ambassador in order to avoid thinking about the miserable choke jobs and wasted opportunities on court.

Dirk
02-06-2006, 12:13 AM
BG told Andy to stand far back to return.
2004- In San Jose, he boasted to Evening Magazine TV show (KPIX) that Andy'd be able to serve 160 mph.

Drysdale saw how energy wasting the 140 mph serve was, and Gilbert said nothing because he kept saying "Roddick's extremely fit...nothing wrong with the serve technique. He has a stiff backhand. He can't move on clay as fast as Blake."
On Sportscenter, BG smirked + turned beet red when he was reminded of the ball bashing technique he taught Roddick at Wimbledon.

BG helped Andy become number one and helped him win many matches. Andy can't become a great finesse player and BG knows what works with Andy and what doesn't. Andy's volleying was improving and so was his BH and fitness. BG can't be responsible for what Andy does in tight situations out on court anymore than any other coach could be.

heya
02-06-2006, 12:31 AM
The parents brought him to watch John play junior matches. They were responsible enough to make decisions. Kids don't put rackets in their own hands.
He told ESPNews that he disliked working long hours with great coaches.
Exactly what he stated: Having a good time with friends is more important, not working like Russian players.

At age 10, kids can't recognize if they're not very athletic/not very hard working. Parents accepted the facts- good and bad, but no one bothered to say no to him.

Devotee
02-07-2006, 05:19 AM
I've been thinking about Andy's mental block alot lately.

You know, both Haas & Grosjean came to live in the U.S. because they couldn't stand the pressure of living in their home countries. Apparently this has helped them.
Maybe Andy's problem boils down to high expectations from fans & others here in the U.S. Also, obviously the media spotlight will be more intensely on him in his home country. Don't know if moving overseas would cure Andy.
Of course, we all know he would never leave Austin.

That's one radical solution. The other radical solution (and sensible solution) is for Andy to start seeing a sports psychologist, even if in secret. This latter solution we've talked about before. The former, we haven't.

Deboogle!.
02-07-2006, 05:24 AM
But Andy has always played his best tennis here and has his best successes. He actually feeds off the crowd support, and the pressure from the media has never gotten to him, I mean he was the huge media favorite before the 2003 USO and it didn't seem to bother him one bit. It's kinda rare that that kind of thing happens. He likes being home, having his family and friends close, playing where he's comfortable, etc. I don't realy see how living elsewhere would help him, IMO. But it's an interesting theory indeed so thanks for bringing it up for discussion:)

Sports psychologist, well yea, everyone knows how I feel about that...... ad nauseum really :p So I will spare everyone right now ;)

Devotee
02-07-2006, 05:40 AM
I mean he was the huge media favorite before the 2003 USO and it didn't seem to bother him one bit.

To elaborate on my theory:

To me it seems like that's the way things used to be with Andy, but not alot anymore. It's as if he might be realizing his position in the sport, the expectations, his popularity, etc. Somehow this realization may be "hitting home."

This would be similar to a severe underdog player serving for the match against a big name in a final of a Masters Series. That's the moment when he starts to think about what's happening. Lo and behold, he then loses serve.

Anyway, I'm playing psychologist, trying my darndest to get inside Andy's head. :scratch:

blosson
02-07-2006, 07:35 AM
He's welcome to live in Winbledom. He's second favourite place to play on earth or it's his first lately?

partygirl
02-07-2006, 07:46 AM
if dean was any kind of coach, he would say you go a shrink...or i walk
(and im taking max with me) :mad:

that ought to do it. :angel:...or end very badly

heya
02-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Between Sept 2003-2004, it was a big mistake to make Andy so satisfied. The media and yes, the family, let him get physically out of shape and intimidated (coaching problems, comparisons with opponents). Andy didn't seek help from great coaches OUTSIDE THE U.S. Dean Goldfine was hired because he lived in the US and was employed at Davis Cup. He doesn't look very good.
Nobody here remembered that Andy hanged on by a thread in 2003- he played very badly in Queen's semi, Montreal semi, Cincinnati final + US Open semis. HE needs serious help from another coach now....Andy's not just a HAS-BEEN who'll somehow get a Davis Cup win to compensate for being a 1-Slam wonder.

Then again, no one really cares....so.

blosson
02-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Between Sept 2003-2004, it was a big mistake to make Andy so satisfied. The media and yes, the family, let him get physically out of shape and intimidated (coaching problems, comparisons with opponents). Andy didn't seek help from great coaches OUTSIDE THE U.S. Dean Goldfine was hired because he lived in the US and was employed at Davis Cup. He doesn't look very good.
Nobody here remembered that Andy hanged on by a thread in 2003- he played very badly in Queen's semi, Montreal semi, Cincinnati final + US Open semis. HE needs serious help from another coach now....Andy's not just a HAS-BEEN who'll somehow get a Davis Cup win to compensate for being a 1-Slam wonder.

Then again, no one really cares....so.

We care :) but unfortunately we don't make any decisions in Andy's life

partygirl
02-07-2006, 10:51 PM
We care :) but unfortunately we don't make any decisions in Andy's life
we don't?

heya
02-07-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure if anyone at ar.com is wide awake. :shrug:

tangerine_dream
02-08-2006, 02:22 AM
This is why I think it'll be great to see James and Robby (and hopefully Mardy) give Andy a run for his money this year. They can take some of the pressure off from his being the only dominant American presence in tennis, plus they are both cute and greedy and will try to steal his thunder, endorsements, girlfriends, groupies, etc. :lol:

Noelle
02-08-2006, 02:42 AM
What about Vinnay? :crying2:

blosson
02-08-2006, 05:03 PM
This is why I think it'll be great to see James and Robby (and hopefully Mardy) give Andy a run for his money this year. They can take some of the pressure off from his being the only dominant American presence in tennis, plus they are both cute and greedy and will try to steal his thunder, endorsements, girlfriends, groupies, etc. :lol:

Perhaps it could get Andy really pissy but he got to do something fast, I mean he will be 24 this year and his power tennis will start to get less powerfull in a couple of years or so.

warmy
02-08-2006, 05:16 PM
He's gonna get senior.

blosson
02-08-2006, 07:57 PM
He's gonna get senior.

yeah :haha:

heya
02-08-2006, 08:17 PM
What power tennis? He has no power because his body is too bulked up and unflexible because he gained the muscles. The serve has no sidespin...he just pummels it 135-155 mph, yet it's predictable and easy to return back at his feet.

warmy
02-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Mistress Heya Speaks.

:bowdown: http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/queen.gif

heya
02-08-2006, 09:56 PM
:lol: :yeah: :bowdown: My minion's here!!! :worship: :dance:

warmy
02-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Does Mistress Heya have any instructions for said lowly minion during this weekends Davis Cup? http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/sex010.gif

heya
02-08-2006, 11:24 PM
http://www.journeydigest.com/arrival/images/smilies/woot.gif
http://www.journeydigest.com/arrival/images/smilies/boogie.gif http://www.journeydigest.com/arrival/images/smilies/bump.gif
http://www.journeydigest.com/arrival/images/smilies/pics2.gif
http://www.bodykneads.com/cards/femcart.jpgYo!
You look tense, Andy. Your BOSSES KNEAD YOU!
All my love, by heya, the minion recruiter!