nadal takeover fed [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

nadal takeover fed

Rex
11-25-2005, 07:38 PM
ok, so here sis the deal, in nadal gonna take over feds plsce as number 1...

i would absolutely love to say nadal, but a part of me keeps pondering about federer.... :(

:confused: !?!?!? :confused: !?!?!?

Chloe le Bopper
11-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes, it's totally going to happen. Tomorrow even. And it's going to be amazing. Dirk will change his name to "Nadalizhawt" and post open love letters to him.

For real!

El Legenda
11-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Wont happen, until Roger hits about age of 27-29 by the Nadal will be in mid 20's and will miss his change of ever being a #1. because there will be someone better them him up and coming.

DrJules
11-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Wont happen, until Roger hits about age of 27-29 by the Nadal will be in mid 20's and will miss his change of ever being a #1. because there will be someone better them him up and coming.

And why not :confused:

PS which cystal ball do you use.

almouchie
11-25-2005, 07:53 PM
tooo early fort that speculation

Gonzo Hates Me!
11-25-2005, 07:59 PM
I think it can happen... if Nadal gets even better with non-clay surfaces and he stops getting injured at the most inopportune times. But being no. 1, I don't think that's important. Nadal had an outstanding year without being no. 1. You would think that would go to show how unsuperduper being no. 1 is, but I guess it adds just that extra bragging right. Well, and a lot more top seedings, yeah yeah

sigmagirl91
11-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Yes, it's totally going to happen. Tomorrow even. And it's going to be amazing. Dirk will change his name to "Nadalizhawt" and post open love letters to him.

For real!

:haha: :haha:

El Legenda
11-25-2005, 09:09 PM
And why not :confused:

did you just see the "wont happen" part- well you see following that i say WHY

DrJules
11-25-2005, 09:31 PM
did you just see the "wont happen" part- well you see following that i say WHY

Who is this better up and coming player in the future. There may not be one.

Horatio Caine
11-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Unless Roger gets injured or keeps up his current much lower level, I can't see anyone overtaking him next year.

jacobhiggins
11-26-2005, 02:23 AM
This is a special time in tennis and I think this is Federer's era, he is just too good on each surface for someone to overtake him anytime soon. Nadal played tournament after tournament and could not keep up the pace and I don't think that he will be as busy as next year, while Federer took almost a month off and missed quite a few tournaments yet retained his number 1. If Federer was not so good on all surfaces I would say Nadal has a chance but Federer is all around great in talent, surface, and shot making, a complete pacakge! Not saying that Nadal is not, I think Federer is a just the better player!

jenanun
11-26-2005, 08:23 AM
nadal of course not catching federer this year,
people seems to forget that nadal is still improving!!!! and improving fast!
he jumped from a ranking of 51? to a solid no.2,

so anything could happen next year!

he can be no.1 one day, sooner or later
not sure if its next year as he has decided not to play the clay in latin america
so he may not get as many points as he could have

DrJules
11-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Rafael Nadal is almost 5 years younger than Roger Federer. He is in many ways a player of the generation which follows Roger Federer. Because he is so good people forget he is only 19. If Roger stay number 1 for another 3 years then Rafal will still only be 22.

RonE
11-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Most likely he will take over at some stage seeing there is a pretty big age gap between the two. But for the next 2-3 years a lot will depend on how much Roger can keep up his level and how much Nadal can continue improving.

If Roger remains consistent, healthy and retains his drive, I don't see Nadal taking over as 1 except for maybe a few weeks here and there at the most but not consistently.

Too many variables at this moment to conclude anything. For all we know there might be two meteorites on a colision course with Earth and they just each happen to hit Roger and Rafa simultaneoulsy vapourising them, and then this whole debate is moot.

mallorn
11-26-2005, 10:45 AM
My thoughts exactly :)

avocadoe
11-26-2005, 12:42 PM
ditto to RonE

tennisman.
11-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Roger #1 as long as he keeps playing

Sportsbstn
11-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Nadal needs to improve his serve, because on hardcourt it is the one area he remains vulnerable against top players.

Players started to figure out Nadal's heavy topspins a bit, so like Federer he will need to continue to expand his arsenal of shots.

Nadal will be absolutely dominant on clay again next year, as his speed and overall game are just too much for anyone in the world. However, he will struggle again on grass, as he still doesnt know how to play the surface well.

As for hardcourt, Nadal should be top 2-4 in the world next year. Still Federer is too good on the surface for Nadal, he has every shot where Nadal does not, and he will not struggle as much will Nadal's spins the more they play. Federer is still very much in his prime, and very likely one of the top 2 players of all time. Nadal is not overtaking him until Federer's level of play starts dropping.

MisterQ
11-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Nadal has a good chance to reach No. 1 in the first few months of 2006. No guarantee --- but Federer has great results to defend, whereas Nadal has plenty of room to gain points. I would expect Federer to regain the ranking soon after that, but it would still be very impressive of Nadal. I'm interested to see how it all pans out.

DrJules
11-27-2005, 08:09 AM
Nadal has a good chance to reach No. 1 in the first few months of 2006. No guarantee --- but Federer has great results to defend, whereas Nadal has plenty of room to gain points. I would expect Federer to regain the ranking soon after that, but it would still be very impressive of Nadal. I'm interested to see how it all pans out.

The points Roger accumulated at the year end masters may actually mean that Rafael does not catch him early next year. The margin entering next year is very large.

Lalitha
11-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Too many variables at this moment to conclude anything. For all we know there might be two meteorites on a colision course with Earth and they just each happen to hit Roger and Rafa simultaneoulsy vapourising them, and then this whole debate is moot.

May that meteorite take away Pete as well so that it would stop Rogi - Pete comparisons as well :(

nobama
11-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Nadal has a good chance to reach No. 1 in the first few months of 2006. No guarantee --- but Federer has great results to defend, whereas Nadal has plenty of room to gain points. I would expect Federer to regain the ranking soon after that, but it would still be very impressive of Nadal. I'm interested to see how it all pans out.I'm guessing Nadal wouldn't want to become #1 that way, unless it was him taking out Fed in some of those tournaments. Does anyone know if he's playing IW next year?