Players Moving Up in 2006 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Players Moving Up in 2006

Baseline
11-25-2005, 01:52 AM
Which players do you think will move up in the ranks in 2006? (not looking for top 10 necessarily, just big movers)

Some of the players I'm watching include:

Berdych (will he be consistent enough?)
Escude (could repeat great past results if he can overcome shoulder surgery)
Ferrero (signs he may be getting back to peak form)
Gasquet (should be healthy again in 06 and playing more ATP events)
Haas (improved physical conditioning recently)
Murray (great potential starting to be realized)

shotgun
11-25-2005, 02:00 AM
Apart from the players you mentioned:

Kuerten, Philippoussis and Fish will probably make a comeback (they can't finish next year worse than they are now).

And Djokovic, Monfils and Baghdatis for obvious reasons.

Maxpowers
11-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Robby Ginepri will continue to do well next year and will definitely move up.

El Legenda
11-25-2005, 03:57 AM
Robby Ginepri will continue to do well next year and will definitely move up.

No. He wont, He wont even finish in top 20.

Kristen
11-25-2005, 04:20 AM
Oliver Marach ;)
*Hopefully* Michael Ryderstedt as well.

Denaon
11-25-2005, 04:22 AM
Monaco and Acasuso ;)

savesthedizzle
11-25-2005, 04:24 AM
Djokovic, Murray, Baghdatis definitely

Hopefully Pashanski too :yeah:

Scotso
11-25-2005, 04:32 AM
Novak Djokovic
Matej Bocko

Karol Beck :angel:

iliketennis
11-25-2005, 05:48 AM
Ferrero (Top 5)
Escude (Thanks for reminding me ATennisFan ;) )
Djokovic (Top 20)
Nieminen (Will continue to rise)
Nadal (Will edge out Federer)
Nalbandian (If he can do well at the AO and pave the way for the rest of the season)
Safin (Back into top 5)

liptea
11-25-2005, 06:04 AM
I would like to cast my ballot for Carlos Moya.

TennisGrandSlam
11-25-2005, 06:09 AM
Gael Monfils

iliketennis
11-25-2005, 06:15 AM
I would like to cast my ballot for Carlos Moya.

I hope he does well too :yeah:

Sparko1030
11-25-2005, 07:33 AM
I think James Blake will continue to move up. And I am confindent that Nico Massu will work his way back up the ranks once again.

Horatio Caine
11-25-2005, 10:07 AM
Henman and Moya back into top 20 (if fit)
Murray into top 50.

Massu - back into top 30.

Myabe Spadea top 40 again? :tape:

Hopefully Schalken will come back :yeah:

Nathaliia
11-25-2005, 10:39 AM
*Hopefully* Michael Ryderstedt as well.
Kristen :wavey:
Haha since he promised to win every match just for me, he's constantly losing everything. I wouldn't count on him. However, I still believe :yeah:

The others my faves to see them up: JMDP, Korolev, Gael, Marcos B., Jarkko, Santi Giraldo, Chucho Acasuso, time for Chela to move up, Zabaleta after the surgery can be up as well and Polish guys Adam Chadaj and Łukasz Kubot !!!

and David Nalbandian - "let's go straight to number one" :worship:

DrJules
11-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Predictions y.e. 2006:

Berdych (between 9-14)
Escude (will not make top 50; never easy after inhury)
Ferrero (11-15)
Gasquet (5-10)
Haas (20-25)
Murray (25-30)

Loremaster
11-25-2005, 11:13 AM
1.Richard Gasquet - if he is healthy he is able to be even Top8 or higher - he can play on every surface, has great all around game, the best backhand on the tour he must improve only his stamina , in my opnion in 2-3 years time he would no.1, and he has interesting personality (I remember when he was kicked off from UsOpen for destroying his racquets :eek: ). I wonder what will happen when he will improve is backhand even more , now it is one of the most impressive groundstrokes in tennis

2.James Blake - I thinks it would be his year he can be Top8 player. He has such great game, movement and shootmaking abilites, and he understood at least that tennis is better for him than modelling, I am looking forward to see him in Adelaide maybe he will be able to win with Hewitt(he deserves it )

3.Roby Ginepri - He can improve a little bit but I think that up to Top15 not higher

4.Marcos Baghdatdis - To20 in my opinion maybe higher if he will be fit all season long, great potential, menatal power and he plays so wonderfully :)

5.Mardy Fish - He can reach Top25 but again only if he will be healthy

6.Andy Murray - also To25 , for me his is Hewitt with better serve , I don't think he will be able to be consistant Top10 player ever

7.Djokovic - Top25

I don't think monfils and berdych will improve so much I doubt it , Mofils is not such big talent as : Gasquet , Baghdatis, Djokovic , Murray he is only winning because he is stronger now and has better serve but such guys like Nadal, Gasquet etc will outsmart him having all around game and much better perpective

DrJules
11-25-2005, 11:19 AM
1.Richard Gasquet - if he is healthy he is able to be even Top8 or higher - he can play on every surface, has great all around game, the best backhand on the tour he must improve only his stamina , in my opnion in 2-3 years time he would no.1, and he has interesting personality (I remember when he was kicked off from UsOpen for destroying his racquets :eek: ). I wonder what will happen when he will improve is backhand even more , now it is one of the most impressive groundstrokes in tennis

:yeah:

Loremaster
11-25-2005, 11:31 AM
I am impressed by this guy and how he was playing against Federer in Monte Carlo like he was playing other 19 years old player not no.1 , shooting this backhand down the line with such confidence he only need to be healthy if he was healthy this year he would be in masters for sure

nermo
11-25-2005, 11:34 AM
i think, 2006 carries good chances for many players;
Highly expected:
1- Berdych
2- Monfils
3-Gasquet
4-Murray
5-Ginepri
6-Blake
Expected and /wished for:
Ferrero, Moya, Muller,Niemenin
Not expected but wished for: :cool:
PH Mathieu,Olivier Rochus,Baghadtis(is it the right spelling?)

Pigpen Stinks
11-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I like Tursunov and Reynolds to continue to improve. I'm afraid the end in near for Guga, and not too optimistic about Spadea.

*Ljubica*
11-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Andy Murray - much as I dislike him :devil: - I appreciate that he is a good player, and I'm sure he will rise steadily up the rankings next year.

Juan Monaco - had a poor "consolidation" year this year, - but now he has a new coach and has matured a bit, - I hope for great things for him in 2006.

Marcos Baghdatis - if Marcos can stay injury free I'm sure he can go really high in the forthcoming season.

David Ferrer - I really hope he can make the Top 10 next year.

Juan Martin del Potro - should be a name we hear more and more in 2006 and hope he can make the Top 100.

Billabong
11-25-2005, 03:30 PM
I hope GUGA, JC Ferrero and Djokovic move up:) especially Guga:hug:

revolution
11-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Murray- Andy I'm sure will make the top 25, and those that say others can outsmart him, well Hewitt is similar and doesn't get outsmarted much.

Baghdatis- Continue to progress in to the top 50.

Djokovic- top 40, he will do relatively well and has a great backhand, but he must avoid losing 6-4 6-4 to poor returners like Karlovic :p

Monfils- top 15- Great serve and forehand, he is the next Andy Roddick, but better on clay. Perhaps Hewitt's dominance over Roddick suggests Murray might have the edge on Monfils if they meet? Who knows.

Del Potro- top 100, maybe more if he can get through to main draws and get some victories.

Gasquet- top 10 for sure, he has an unbelievably good all round game.

Berdych- top 10 also, if he can dictate his matches in general, he will win them.

Safin- fallen out of top 10, but really once at full fitness should get back there.

Ferrero- top 10, too good on all surfaces not to be there, you can't argue with his CV. Hopefully he will find his feet.

Zabaleta- Clay court player but a good one as Henman has always found out to his cost, and perhaps a top 40-50 player really.

Wawrinka- Impressed by him in DC and although clay is his surface, he has the game to be top 30-40.

Philippoussis- His endless WC's should provide him with enough wins to scrape the top 100 again.

Fish- Young enough to make it back for sure, and he played well against Andy in Indianapolis, so I think he can do it.

Henman- There were times at the end of the season when it looked like he was returning to some form, against Dent and in patches against Andy, and maybe he can move back in to the top 20-30.

Kuerten- Recovering from injury, he definitely has the game, the talent on all surfaces to make it back inside that top 100. A good start in Chile in February would really kickstart his bid.

Ancic- Talent to win a GS, but the mentality isn't there. Top 10 for 'Baby Goran'

Mantilla- An AMS winner, his ranking does not reflect his talent, and he ought to move back up, some good performances during the clay season will be enough.

Malisse- If he gets his act together, top 20-30.

almouchie
11-25-2005, 05:58 PM
a lot will be expected of Berydech, Gasquet, Murray, Djokovic

i hope Ferrero can get back to his best too

iliketennis
11-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Ferrero is a guaranteed top 10 for 2006