USO qf - Agassi def. Blake
3-6 3-6 6-3 6-3 7-6

Masterscup final - Nalbandian def. Federer
6-7 6-7 6-2 6-1 7-6

Wimbledon 3rd - Nalbandian def. Murray
6-7 1-6 6-0 6-4 6-1

RG 2rd - Acasuso def. Roddick
3-6 4-6 6-4 6-3 8-6

there are a few more but i guess these are the most memorable, at least from me...

DrJules
11-23-2005, 10:01 AM
I decided to exclude comebacks which resulted from physical fitness which excluded the Nalbandian matches. Blake still lacks big occasions experience and Roddick is always vunerable on clay.

On balance, I felt Federer's comback against Nadal was most impressive considering the mental toughness of Nadal and the form Nadal has shown all year.

TheMightyFed
11-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Agassi is always the best in the comeback role.
Had Federer won these two damn extra points in TMC he would have made it easily...
Miami was a bit stolen to Rafa with this bad call...

virex
11-23-2005, 11:00 AM
the acasuso-roddick was the one that made me more happy

Fergie
11-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Gonzalez d. Acasuso 3 6 3 6 6 3 6 3 7 5 :D

Horatio Caine
11-23-2005, 11:44 AM
I thought Henman's comeback from 0/2 against Nieminen at Wimbledon was special...especially when I had turned the TV off in disgust and didn't come back for over an hour. Boy was I suprised he was still going! :haha:

Bandy v Murray was to be expected...Andy was cramping in the 2nd set lol! :tape:

For me, Agassi and Acasuso were the best in that list. It was great to see that Andre still had fight in him against a red - hot opponent....also especially as James served for the match.

I enjoyed watching the final set of Acasuso's match with Roddick...pure Andy really is a pigeon on European clay! :tape:

jenanun
11-23-2005, 11:54 AM
I thought Henman's comeback from 0/2 against Nieminen at Wimbledon was special...especially when I had turned the TV off in disgust and didn't come back for over an hour. Boy was I suprised he was still going! :haha:

how can i forget this one!!!! :devil:

but i still think agassi def blake was the best

sigmagirl91
11-23-2005, 12:33 PM
I decided to exclude comebacks which resulted from physical fitness which excluded the Nalbandian matches. Blake still lacks big occasions experience and Roddick is always vunerable on clay.

On balance, I felt Federer's comback against Nadal was most impressive considering the mental toughness of Nadal and the form Nadal has shown all year.

A comeback is a comeback, regardless of the circumstances which caused it to happen. Using your line of reasoning, Gaudio's comeback against Coria last year should be exempted as well?

Neely
11-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Agassi def. Blake was clearly the best comeback for me. Incredible shotmaking and high quality tennis over the whole match. I was just watching this match and wondering: "this is not from this world!" :lol:

DrJules
11-23-2005, 12:59 PM
A comeback is a comeback, regardless of the circumstances which caused it to happen. Using your line of reasoning, Gaudio's comeback against Coria last year should be exempted as well?

All the comebacks in the list were impressive, but prefer the comebacks when both players continue to play to their/or near to their full capacity.

keep_er_lit!
11-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Definately Blake - Agassi for me. Closely followed by Nadal-Ljubicic.

sigmagirl91
11-23-2005, 02:05 PM
All the comebacks in the list were impressive, but prefer the comebacks when both players continue to play to their/or near to their full capacity.

:shrug: Whatever! Any player who steps on-court is fit enough to play-end of story.

Nobody
11-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Federer because there was a tie break in the 3rd set

lau
11-23-2005, 02:12 PM
:shrug: Whatever! Any player who steps on-court is fit enough to play-end of story.
I totally agree. :)

mangoes
11-23-2005, 02:21 PM

I agree.

I wish I could vote twice, but these two comebacks really impressed me:

ATP Miami final- Federer def. Nadal
2-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-3, 6-1

ATP Madrid final - Nadal def. Ljubicic
3-6 2-6 6-3 6-4 7-6

Dragula.mp3
11-23-2005, 02:27 PM

In that final Nadal also was running out of gass.

ReturnWinner
11-23-2005, 02:38 PM
if u exclude nalbandian then u should exclude federer vs nadal in miami too :rolleyes:

rafa ran out of gas in the fourth and fifth sets

DrJules
11-23-2005, 02:54 PM
if u exclude nalbandian then u should exclude federer vs nadal in miami too :rolleyes:

rafa ran out of gas in the fourth and fifth sets

Rafael was showing a little fatigue towards the end which is quite normal towards the end of the match. However, Roger and Andy were not even running for a very large number of balls after the second set because they were physically really struggling.

I agree it is the player's responsibility to be fully fit for the match, but watching a player leave one ball after another is not fun at all from a viewers perspective.

sigmagirl91
11-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Rafael was showing a little fatigue towards the end which is quite normal towards the end of the match. However, Roger and Andy were not even running for a very large number of balls after the second set because they were physically really struggling.

I agree it is the player's responsibility to be fully fit for the match, but watching a player leave one ball after another is not fun at all.

Please be consistent: fatigue, injuries....all of it is due to lack of proper physical conditioning.

And another thing: you must apply the rule consistently, not selectively when you favorite loses.

mangoes
11-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Please be consistent: fatigue, injuries....all of it is due to lack of proper physical conditioning.

And another thing: you must apply the rule consistently, not selectively when you favorite loses.

I think Roger not being 100% at the master's cup is quite understandable and can't be brushed off as him simply lacking proper physical conditioning, similar to a lot of tennis players. Roger has had very good physical conditioning throughtout the year, so he does prepare himself.

mangoes
11-23-2005, 04:38 PM

So true, I didn't think he was going to win.

Fedex
11-23-2005, 04:45 PM
True, and that was one of the best comebacks I've seen in recent years.(FO Final) The Federer Nalbandian match was extra special because it featured comebacks from both players. (Nalbandian coming back from 2 sets down, to taking control early in the 5th, Federer coming back from 0-4 and 30-0 down in the 5th to get to 6-5, and finally Nalbandian breaking Federer as he served for the match and held a 30-0 lead in that game.

Fumus
11-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Federer shouldn't be on that list. He lacks heart/fight.

DrJules
11-23-2005, 04:48 PM

He is taking lessons from Andy Roddick. :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

Fedex
11-23-2005, 04:49 PM
:lol:

Fumus
11-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Federer just knows how to win easy, when it comes to winning close dogfights, he's no Hewitt, Nadal, Connors, scrappy type.

niko
11-23-2005, 05:06 PM
It seems to me that Roger loses when he's not 100% which basically means if he's not 100% you can beat him. I want to know how you figured he wasn't 100%, because he lost? Roger was 100%, David was 101%. :)

Fumus
11-23-2005, 05:08 PM
It seems to me that Roger loses when he's not 100% which basically means if he's not 100% you can beat him. I want to know how you figured he wasn't 100%, because he lost? Roger was 100%, David was 101%. :)

Roger wasn't 100%, he hadn't played for a long ass time before that, his leg was rapped, he was in pain, he recieved treatment just to stay out there, he was hobbling around. Right yea...that's the Rogi I know.

Back to the topic at hand Roddick has 10,000 times more fight than Roger does. Half the time Roger is playing, I can't tell if he cares.

niko
11-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Dr.Jules don't get me wrong Roger is a great player, but he lost to a better player and he lost to a guy who used to kick his butt on the daily basis and if you're not blind you can see that if David stays in the same form he'll continue to kick Roger's butt and the rest of the band. :)

Fumus
11-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Dr.Jules don't get me wrong Roger is a great player, but he lost to a better player and he lost to a guy who used to kick his butt on the daily basis and if you're not blind you can see that if David stays in the same form he'll continue to kick Roger's butt and the rest of the band. :)

Sure as long as they all remain injured and Daveed stays focused/ motivated....probably the former is more likely than the ladder. Sides Daveeds serve sucks. He's never going to be dominant on the fast surfaces.

nermo
11-23-2005, 05:16 PM
1-US open Agassi def. Blake
2- Miami Fed. def. Nadal

niko
11-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Roger wasn't 100%, he hadn't played for a long ass time before that, his leg was rapped, he was in pain, he recieved treatment just to stay out there, he was hobbling around. Right yea...that's the Rogi I know.

Back to the topic at hand Roddick has 10,000 times more fight than Roger does. Half the time Roger is playing, I can't tell if he cares.
You just make it look like that Roger lost because he wasn't 100%, but if he had won what you'd say?

Fumus
11-23-2005, 05:18 PM
You just make it look like that Roger lost because he wasn't 100%, but if he had won what you'd say?

Daveed choked. ;)

niko
11-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Daveed choked. ;)
It's a good respond. :p

sigmagirl91
Sure as long as they all remain injured and Daveed stays focused/ motivated....probably the former is more likely than the ladder. Sides Daveeds serve sucks. He's never going to be dominant on the fast surfaces.

Shut up, fumus.

sigmagirl91
Daveed choked. ;)

Damn good choke too. ;)

Fumus
11-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Shut up, fumus.

Didn't you retire?

Just cuz you Daveed fans finally have something to cheer about doesn't mean you can silience trolls like myself who are going to tell it like it is.

Ok, Daveed won one tourney, ok nice, win a slam and some master next year and then I buy this talk. Until then, Daveed had great week against second tier guys and an injured Federer. :)

lau
11-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Didn't you retire?

Just cuz you Daveed fans finally have something to cheer about doesn't mean you can silience trolls like myself who are going to tell it like it is.

Ok, Daveed won one tourney, ok nice, win a slam and some master next year and then I buy this talk. Until then, Daveed had great week against second tier guys and an injured Federer. :)

I rest my case... (And I didn´t have to start :lol: )
BTW, have you been reading too much Peter Bodo lately? ;) :p

EDIT: He reached the final playing only classified players :wavey:

Scotso
11-23-2005, 06:01 PM
Agassi def. Blake made me the happiest, at least :p

Fumus
11-23-2005, 06:12 PM
I rest my case... (And I didn´t have to start :lol: )
BTW, have you been reading too much Peter Bodo lately? ;) :p

EDIT: He reached the final playing only classified players :wavey:

Well silly, I was being sarcastic. But yea, I guess if I am going to critcize anyone in this forum, I am troll. So in that respect yes. Nalbys win was the best comeback of 05'. I think a better match was Safin vs. Federer at AO, that was a contest where I thought both sides were at 100%

lau
11-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Well silly, I was being sarcastic. But yea, I guess if I am going to critcize anyone in this forum, I am troll. So in that respect yes. Nalbys win was the best comeback of 05'. I think a better match was Safin vs. Federer at AO, that was a contest where I thought both sides were at 100%
Awwww you called me silly :hug:

:secret: I took your comment literally because I thought it was funny ;) It was you labeling yourself, not me :shrug: Even being sarcastic, I though it was funny taking it literally

EDIT: At the end of that AO match I read LOTS of posts about how Fed not was at his 100%

landoud
11-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Miami Federer def. Nadal

sigmagirl91
11-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Didn't you retire?

Oh, so you admit you're a troll now? Who ever would have known if you have kept your mouth shut anyway?

And guess who we have to thank for that? What goes around.....comes right back around again.

DrJules
11-23-2005, 07:20 PM

:secret: is it safe to come out. Better take care precautionary measures :armed:

AO semi-final was the best match of the year and yes both players were 100% which is vital for any great match. Each set a monumental contest of tennis of an incredible level. :worship:

Based on what I saw on Television on Sunday in the Masters Cup final Roger Federer did seem to be suffering significant physical problems and received treatment. I probably imagined them. :sad:

rexman
11-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Didn't you retire?

You're just bitter it wasn't Roddick who unseated Rog.

sigmagirl91
11-23-2005, 10:33 PM

:bigclap: :bigclap: By golly, let me rep you..... :D

its.like.that
11-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Agassi is always the best in the comeback role.
Had Federer won these two damn extra points in TMC he would have made it easily...
Miami was a bit stolen to Rafa with this bad call...

Agassi blows, Blake gave him the match.

Fed in Miami for mine.

Fedex
11-24-2005, 03:02 AM
Federer just knows how to win easy, when it comes to winning close dogfights, he's no Hewitt, Nadal, Connors, scrappy type.
:lol: :lol:

Fedex
11-24-2005, 03:05 AM
Actually the fast surfaces, like an indoor carpet, help David's game, because his serve is less of a liability, he can actually get cheap points on his serve, while still having a superb return game.

yomike
11-24-2005, 03:09 AM

I'm guessing your a Federer fan making excuses again :rolleyes:

Fedex
11-24-2005, 03:17 AM
So you're telling me that when Roddick gets down and loses the 1st set,that he doesn't get down on himself, and usually blows the whole rest of the match? Seems to me that is precisely what happens. Roddick is an excellent frontrunner, and when things dont go his way, he usually loses those matches.
And you're going to try to get me to believe that Federer, the best clutch player in tennis, has no heart? :confused: Please, before you go criticizing and questioning another players heart, why dont you explain to us why Roddick has all the mental collapses he has had in the past?

sergiodc
11-24-2005, 03:20 AM
LMAO:haha: what a crybaby complain! Nalbandian playing confident ALWAYS outplayed Federer. And outplayed Murray too, even David playing 60% of his tennis capabilities that day is far another level of player than Andy.
Roger haven't lose a final on fast surfaces since 2002 Miami TMS against Agassi. And never lost a final match since he's #1. David did it

Fedex
11-24-2005, 03:22 AM
Of course. Considering the fact that Federer has knocked Roddick out of Wimbledon the past 3 years, I can see why Fumus would have this vendetta against Federer, or anyone else that beats him ,because Fumus knows Roddick cant beat him.

Fumus
11-24-2005, 03:24 AM
So you're telling me that when Roddick gets down and loses the 1st set,that he doesn't get down on himself, and usually blows the whole rest of the match? Seems to me that is precisely what happens. Roddick is an excellent frontrunner, and when things dont go his way, he usually loses those matches.
And you're going to try to get me to believe that Federer, the best clutch player in tennis, has no heart? :confused: Please, before you go criticizing and questioning another players heart, why dont you explain to us why Roddick has all the mental collapses he has had in the past?

Only the best clutch player because he's the best player. Roger isn't a fighter, next topic.

Fumus
11-24-2005, 03:26 AM
haha, you guys are so funny. Anytime anyone brings up a valid point againt Roger, you guy are like well you are a [insert players name here] fan and you are jelious, therefore you are full of shit.

sigmagirl91
11-24-2005, 03:30 AM
haha, you guys are so funny. Anytime anyone brings up a valid point againt Roger, you guy are like well you are a [insert players name here] fan and you are jelious, therefore you are full of shit.

WTF is jelious? Bootylicious? Yeah, I'm that, and I don't consider it a bad thing.

Fedex
11-24-2005, 03:41 AM
Only the best clutch player because he's the best player. Roger isn't a fighter, next topic.
You can believe what you want, but you are wrong in this instance. That's like saying David Ortiz only hits all of those cluth hits and homeruns because he is a great hitter. He does it because he is clutch and handles pressure well. Then you have A-Rod, who is also a great hitter, but does not handle the pressure nearly as well, and often fails in clutch at bats.

Art&Soul
11-24-2005, 05:11 AM
Federer def Nadal in Miami, i thought he lost but next morning he won :D

DrJules
11-24-2005, 09:00 AM

The great thing is 2006 and beyond will answer the question.

DrJules
11-24-2005, 09:07 AM

David is one of the few genuine ALL court players. His indoors record (in many cases the fastest conditions depending on surface) is actually better than Andy Roddicks. Actually his serve has improved and is better placed.

DrJules
11-24-2005, 09:15 AM

Your posting's on this board indicate that you are a Roddick fan.

sigmagirl91
11-24-2005, 09:20 AM
David is one of the few genuine ALL court players. His indoors record (in many cases the fastest conditions depending on surface) is actually better than Andy Roddicks. Actually his serve has improved and is better placed.

Leave him alone; there's no point in engaging in a civil discussion. He won't listen to reason anyway, and anyone who can't spell JEALOUS is not worth your time.

Fumus
11-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Leave him alone; there's no point in engaging in a civil discussion. He won't listen to reason anyway, and anyone who can't spell JEALOUS is not worth your time.

I can spell I heart sigmagirl!! :)

sigmagirl91
11-24-2005, 02:59 PM
I can spell I heart sigmagirl!! :)

Awww.....I'm putting you in my siggie.