Juan Carlos I: 30 Years of Monarchy, Rafa Nadal talks about that .... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Juan Carlos I: 30 Years of Monarchy, Rafa Nadal talks about that ....

Alvarillo
11-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Today is the 30th anniversary of the coronation of Juan Carlos de Borbón as king of Spain. In these 30 years Spain has become a developed country, it's been difficult but we got it, now it's difficult to think how only 30 years ago a dictator was controlling this country.
Rafa Nadal was asked about his opinion of King Juan Carlos I and said:
"El Rey es una buena persona, que siempre está atenta a todo. Es muy humilde. Me gusta el Rey que tenemos. Me transmite mucha tranquilidad porque su imagen es de humildad y parece un persona muy normal. Esa sencillez suya se agradece mucho"

also AMS Madrid director and former GS Champion Manolo Santana says:
"Como gran deportista está acostumbrado a competir, a ganar y a perder. Su figura es tan importante aquí como fuera de nuestro país y todo eso hace que yo me sienta muy orgulloso de él"

In pics:
1) Juan Carlos I congratulates Spanish Captain Javier Duarte after winning 1st david Cup title in barcelona
2) Juan carlos I congratulates Rafa Nadal after winning Roland Garros
3) Queen Sofía, Cristina de Borbón and Felipe Prince of Asturias supporting Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario in Sydney Olympics
4) Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofía congratulates JCFErrero after winning the DC title in 2000
5) Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia of Spain with the DC team after winning the title in 2004, Sevilla.
6) Felipe and Letizia cheering the Spanish team in Sevilla.

I'm also very proud of Juan Carlos I and the Spanish Royal family, they worked a lot since dictator Franco died to give to the spanish people the democracy.
Thanks Juan Carlos & Sofía ;)

RickDaStick
11-22-2005, 08:41 PM
thats a huge thropy :)

DrJules
11-22-2005, 08:45 PM
thats a huge thropy :)

Where will Slovakia keep the trophy for the next year. :haha: :haha:

Galaxystorm
11-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Today is the 30th anniversary of the coronation of Juan Carlos de Borbón as king of Spain. In these 30 years Spain has become a developed country, it's been difficult but we got it, now it's difficult to think how only 30 years ago a dictator was controlling this country.
Rafa Nadal was asked about his opinion of King Juan Carlos I and said:
"El Rey es una buena persona, que siempre está atenta a todo. Es muy humilde. Me gusta el Rey que tenemos. Me transmite mucha tranquilidad porque su imagen es de humildad y parece un persona muy normal. Esa sencillez suya se agradece mucho"

also AMS Madrid director and former GS Champion Manolo Santana says:
"Como gran deportista está acostumbrado a competir, a ganar y a perder. Su figura es tan importante aquí como fuera de nuestro país y todo eso hace que yo me sienta muy orgulloso de él"

In pics:
1) Juan Carlos I congratulates Spanish Captain Javier Duarte after winning 1st david Cup title in barcelona
2) Juan carlos I congratulates Rafa Nadal after winning Roland Garros
3) Queen Sofía, Cristina de Borbón and Felipe Prince of Asturias supporting Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario in Sydney Olympics
4) Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofía congratulates JCFErrero after winning the DC title in 2000
5) Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia of Spain with the DC team after winning the title in 2004, Sevilla.
6) Felipe and Letizia cheering the Spanish team in Sevilla.

I'm also very proud of Juan Carlos I and the Spanish Royal family, they worked a lot since dictator Franco died to give to the spanish people the democracy.
Thanks Juan Carlos & Sofía ;)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Still monarchies in the 21st century = How dumb the human being can become

MONARCHY = SCUM

Jimnik
11-22-2005, 08:49 PM

Still monarchies in the 21th century = How dumb the human being can become

MONARCHY = SCUM
:confused:
What have you got against monarchies? What have moarchies ever done to you?

Scotso
11-22-2005, 08:53 PM

MONARCHY = SCUM

If you knew anything, you would know that Spain is a Democracy. The King is only a figurehead.

Alvarillo
11-22-2005, 08:54 PM

MONARCHY = SCUM

thanks to this King Spain lives now in democracy, he recived all the power from Franco, if he wanted he could have continued as a "king-dictator" but he, against a lot of people who pressured him to continue with "El Movimiento", dediced to give the power to the people, and 30 years after that, Spain is what is.
i reccomend you to read the history of Spain in recent years to understand it ;)

lau
11-22-2005, 08:55 PM
In fact, King Juan Carlos has done A LOT for democracy in Spain....

(BTW, Why am I talking about this in the GM section of a tennis board???)

NINA_BCN
11-22-2005, 08:56 PM
thanks to this King Spain lives now in democracy, he recived all the power from Franco, if he wanted he could have continued as a "king-dictator" but he, against a lot of people who pressured him to continue with "El Movimiento", dediced to give the power to the people, and 30 years after that, Spain is what is.
i reccomend you to read the history of Spain in recent years to understand it ;)
Gracias a Dios que no está el "Tio Paco".... :rolleyes:

Galaxystorm
11-22-2005, 09:00 PM
:confused:
What have you got against monarchies? What have moarchies ever done to you?

Monarchies are incompatible with democracies since all the democracies in their Constitutions say : " All the citizens have the same rights ", but Monarchies violate it since monarchist family has more rights than the rest of citizens .

i can' understand how in some countries of the first world can still remain alive an institution like Monarchy , an institution based on medieval principles, antidemocratic principles , an an insult towards modern democracies , and insult towards the citizens that we weren't born with blue blood ( :silly: )

We are in the 21st century , not in 15th . :silly:

Scotso
11-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Monarchies are incompatible with democracies since all the democracies in their Constitutions say : "

:haha:

how naive.

DrJules
11-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Monarchies are incompatible with democracies since all the democracies in their Constitutions say : " All the citizens have the same rights ", but Monarchies violate it since monarchist family has more rights than the rest of citizens .

i can' understand how in some countries of the first world can still remain alive an institution like Monarchy , an institution based on medieval principles, antidemocratic principles , an an insult towards modern democracies , and insult towards the citizens that we weren't born with blue blood ( :silly: )

A Constitional Monarchy is a significant improvement on General Franco.

NINA_BCN
11-22-2005, 09:07 PM

Spanish goverment ----> Parliamentary monarchy

lau
11-22-2005, 09:09 PM
I correct myself, you`re right... King Juan Carlos of Spain did a lot for Spanish Constitution and is one of the most important symbols for Spanish citizens ;)

Alvarillo
11-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Gracias a Dios que no está el "Tio Paco".... :rolleyes:

pozzi, menos mal que nos ha tocao vivir esta etapa ;)

NINA_BCN
11-22-2005, 09:12 PM
pozzi, menos mal que nos ha tocao vivir esta etapa ;)
Ya te digo. ;) Lo del golpe de estado del 23F fue para asustarlos un poco (y a mi me pillo con 5 meses) :p

lau
11-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Alvarillo, no tengo nada en contra de este thread, pero tal vez era más apropiado para el foro de Rafael. ;)
Igualmente, felicitaciones a todos los españoles que están festejando este momento tan importante en su historia. Muchas cosas han pasado en 30 años, y felizmente, la gran mayoría han sido positivas para los españoles :)

Alvarillo
11-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Alvarillo, no tengo nada en contra de este thread, pero tal vez era más apropiado para el foro de Rafael. ;)
Igualmente, felicitaciones a todos los españoles que están festejando este momento tan importante en su historia. Muchas cosas han pasado en 30 años, y felizmente, la gran mayoría han sido positivas para los españoles :)

seguramente pero vistas la cantidad de chorradas que se ponen en este thread pos asi x l menos hablams d algo importante e interesante ;)

RogiFan88
11-22-2005, 09:25 PM
As an aside:
Nov 20/05 was the 30th anniversary of the Generalissimo's death. That long ago already...

NINA_BCN
11-22-2005, 09:27 PM
As an aside:
Nov 20/05 was the 30th anniversary of the Generalissimo's death. That long ago already...
We have to do a big party to celebrate that!!! ;)

Galaxystorm
11-22-2005, 09:34 PM
I already knew that my post would be controversial , since a lot of people still think as they have been educated in the schools instead of thinking for themselves..:shrug:

I also knew that in MTF some people hasn't the enough age to talk about political topics ( a good example is KarolBeck fan, that i doubt him to be older than 20, and has shown he hasn't a fucking idea about laws and polititics with his great post " how naive " :silly: , by the way thanks for bad-repping me :wavey: )

It's always very complicated to talk about these topics in a sports messageboard instead of in politics messageboards ( where i usually write too ) , also as my mother tongue isn't english and is difficult for me to talk about politics in that language .

My opinion is as simple as i consider monarchies incompatible with modern democracies and with the 21th century , a time when the bullshits about Kings have blue blood or kings are descendants of Gods etc no longer are believed, instead of in the Middle Ages where persons believed these bullshits.

For sure i'm not as wrong as some of you think since if you compare the number of monarchies in the 19th-20th-21th have decreased gradually , and the future leaning is clearly less monarchies , and in the next decades will be
referendums in countries with Monarchy.

I doubt that a lot of greek persons ( only an example ) miss nowadays their former Monarchy.

By the way, please don't tell me anything about spanish history since i know it perfectly .

My last message about this topic, since it wasn't my intention to open a controversy on Monarchy :wavey:

NINA_BCN
11-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Vale andorran@ Es una cagada pero, sinceramente, es mejor que lo que habia antes. Lo que se ha de ver es si durará otros 30 años más o no. :rolleyes:

athie
11-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Alvarillo - really nice post thankyou :hug: goodie rep coming your way - I'm actually quite proud to live in Spain.

Galaxystorm
11-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Vale andorran@ Es una cagada pero, sinceramente, es mejor que lo que habia antes. Lo que se ha de ver es si durará otros 30 años más o no. :rolleyes:

Si mes no tens un bon gust musical , ( encara que em demano que si ara poguessis endarrerir la bona reputacio que m'has donat si ho faries )

NINA_BCN
11-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Cap ni un!!!!! :lol: Per mi, com si desapareix ara mateix. ;) Però com que encara sembla que estiguem a l'edat mitjana,...:scared: M'esgarrifa pensar en el que hi habia abans. I això que jo no ho vaig viure (la va dinyar 5 anys abans que jo nasquès). De ben segur que jo seria a la garjola. :p

NINA_BCN
11-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Si mes no tens un bon gust musical , ( encara que em demano que si ara poguessis endarrerir la bona reputacio que m'has donat si ho faries )
que va, que va... :worship: :worship:

Galaxystorm
11-22-2005, 09:52 PM
que va, que va... :worship: :worship:

Suposo que seras una d'aquelles bonjovianes enamorades del cul d'en Jon :o . en comptes de retre homenatge al gran Richie . Si no fos per ell, Bon Jovi ja no existiria per mi des de Crush .

Per cert quina es la teva canço preferida del disc que tinc com a avatar ?

NINA_BCN
11-22-2005, 10:00 PM
Suposo que seras una d'aquelles bonjovianes enamorades del cul d'en Jon :o . en comptes de retre homenatge al gran Richie . Si no fos per ell, Bon Jovi ja no existiria per mi des de Crush .

Per cert quina es la teva canço preferida del disc que tinc com a avatar ?
No sabria quina triar. :o "One light burning" o "River of love" :lol:

"Crush" es una CAGADA!!!!! I aquest últim... :rolleyes: ja no se ni què dir. Pensava que amb el "Bounce" milloraven una mica les coses però està vist que no.

I no et riguis de mi perque el Mr. Sambora és el meu favorit del grup (l' "SITT" que tinc és edició americana). :p Els únics cd's que em falten són el del David. :o