Some doping rumours... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Some doping rumours...

BATES
11-21-2005, 03:05 PM
There's no source... but I heard it today and wanted to share:

1- Nadal was found positive, but the ATP covered it.

2- Puerta was not going to play the final of RG because of an injury after his match against Davydenko. The organisers, desperated, convinced him of taking the forbidden drug telling him they would take care that nothing happen afterwards.

Ok, I don't think this is true. I believe in Rafa's and Mariano's innocense. But it made me think how many things the ATP and the tournaments organisers could do for money, how many top players could be covered and that's certainly frustaiting.

mangoes
11-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Silly Rumors

ReturnWinner
11-21-2005, 03:11 PM
I have heard something like that but i do not know if true

alelysafina
11-21-2005, 03:13 PM
1. where did you get the info then?

2. interesting...

TennisGrandSlam
11-21-2005, 03:13 PM

1- Nadal was found positive, but the ATP covered it.

2- Puerta was not going to play the final of RG because of an injury after his match against Davydenko. The organisers, desperated, convinced him of taking the forbidden drug telling him they would take care that nothing happen afterwards.

Ok, I don't think this is true. I believe in Rafa's and Mariano's innocense. But it made me think how many things the ATP and the tournaments organisers could do for money, how many top players could be covered and that's certainly frustaiting.

Roland Garros Finalists ??? :o

I don't believe!

alelysafina
11-21-2005, 03:15 PM
TGS, dude, your signature is way too long.

ExpectedWinner
11-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Silly Rumors

There's no smoke without fire.

athie
11-21-2005, 03:23 PM
ahhh the rumour mill is now fully functioning....
My coach (who’s Spanish) has often suggested Nadal takes/taken something and has commented on the size of his arms – I told him I’d deform his arm if he continued with such nonsense :devil:

DrJules
11-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Are all these rumours fair to the players.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Many on this site have decided Puerta is guilty even before any trial.

Regarding Puerta there seems to be an ongoing debate about his guilt which has gone on for about 6 months - why does it take the ATP so long to make a decision it is not fair to players if they are clean ?

TheMightyFed
Nadal dopped ? Impossible, the guy is only 19, he's not muscled, has no stamina, he doesn't run fast and doesn't show intensity... I don't know how such silly rumours could be possible...

Lee
My coach (who’s Spanish) has often suggested Nadal takes/taken something and has commented on the size of his arms – I told him I’d deform his arm if he continued with such nonsense :devil:

:lol: athie, be nice, very nice to your coach ;)

athie
11-21-2005, 03:26 PM
:lol: athie, be nice, very nice to your coach ;)
I'm super nice to him :devil:

DrJules
11-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Nadal dopped ? Impossible, the guy is only 19, he's not muscled, has no stamina, he doesn't run fast and doesn't show intensity... I don't know how such silly rumours could be possible...

Cruel. :devil: :devil: :devil:

LoveFifteen
11-21-2005, 03:35 PM
The rule for this website isn't "innocent until proven guilty".

It's "All negative rumors about him are true if I'm not his fan".

celia
11-21-2005, 03:38 PM
:lol: :lol: unless steroids increase butt size :p

mangoes
11-21-2005, 03:39 PM

It's genes. Some people are born with genes that allow for such physical development if sought. Nadal works out hard and has been gifted with some good genes that has allowed him such a physique.

athie
11-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah guess that explains my fat ass then :lol: I just cant see Nadal being so silly tbh.

Sparko1030
11-21-2005, 03:53 PM

I've only been a tennis fan for a little over a year but in that short time I have come to the conclusion that the ATP and organizers will , as you state Bates, do anything for money. Right now I wouldn't put anything past them. The scheduling is brutal but players have to try to keep up to be competitive. Then we see the injuries and I think it also leads to a greater possiblity of doping as players try to keep up. There will always be doping but I think if the powers that be at the ATP would employ some wisdom players would be less likely to dope. Rumors of doping are damaging but sadly will remain common as long as things are run as they are.

Castafiore
11-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Pfff...stupid cliché

It's enough to spread a so-called rumour using various names on various message boards all claiming to have heard a certain thing for some people to believe what they want to believe and use the cliché "there's no smoke without fire".

mangoes
11-21-2005, 04:11 PM

There is also something called jealousy. There are some people that just thrive on looking for the most nasty thing to speculate on. While the proverb is true, one should not rely on the senses of another to say that smoke does exist. Have you seen the smoke yourself?

amierin
11-21-2005, 04:16 PM
If Nadal was the FO suspect that rumor would've been out way before now such is the level of hate some have towards him especially here in the States.

Whoever it is, once again citing rumor, faces a lifetime ban which means this isn't the first time this individual has been caught and why so many suspected Puerta.

Another old saw applies here. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

ExpectedWinner
11-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Pfff...stupid cliché

It's enough to spread a so-called rumour using various names on various message boards all claiming to have heard a certain thing for some people to believe what they want to believe and use the cliché "there's no smoke without fire".

Chill out. Names don't matter to me. The whole ATP tour might be on something. Tennis is getting more and more physical; it's not about strategy and positioning anymore. In many sports the question is not " What am I allowed to take?", the question is " What should I take not to be caught?".

Why should I blindly believe that tennis is in different condition?

Castafiore
11-21-2005, 04:21 PM
The whole ATP tour might be on something. Tennis is getting more and more physical; it's not about strategy and positioning anymore.
Yeah right.

So, when we were discussing Nadal's injury, you were preaching about the ATP PR Salad and the need for hard evidence (and a doctor backing up the injury in public wasn't enough) but now, you claim that the ATP tour might be on to something and "when there's smoke, there's fire".
There's a bit of a double standard in there, I believe.

ys
11-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Those who watched Masters Cup on Russian TV say that the announcers were talking about Nadal's being doped as if it is everyone's talk.. in fact ... linking his withdrawal from MC to that rather than injury..

Merton
11-21-2005, 04:31 PM
There are rumors that alliens abduct humans and perform experiments on them. They live among us. The truth is out there.

DrJules
11-21-2005, 04:32 PM
If Nadal was the FO suspect that rumor would've been out way before now such is the level of hate some have towards him especially here in the States.

Whoever it is, once again citing rumor, faces a lifetime ban which means this isn't the first time this individual has been caught and why so many suspected Puerta.

Another old saw applies here. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

What evidence do you have to say that Nadal is hated anymore than any other player. I think they are more obsessed with Argentinians.

lau
11-21-2005, 04:35 PM
There are rumors that alliens abduct humans and perform experiments on them. They live among us. The truth is out there.
Federer´s one of them living among us.... :unsure:

EDIT: Of course, there`s no source :p

ExpectedWinner
11-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Yeah right.

So, when we were discussing Nadal's injury, you were preaching about the ATP PR Salad and the need for hard evidence (and a doctor backing up the injury in public wasn't enough) but now, you claim that the ATP tour might be on to something and "when there's smoke, there's fire".
There's a bit of a double standard in there, I believe.

1. I don't need any evidence about Nadals' injury. I said that those reports for general public don't always paint the real picture.

2. I don't believe that tennis is a clean sport in general, and money do talk. I did not claim that Nadal, Puerta, Federer, Henman, Rochus, or whoever were offenders.

MariaV
11-21-2005, 04:39 PM
:rolleyes: :yawn:

lau
11-21-2005, 04:40 PM
:rolleyes: :yawn:
ditto

*Ljubica*
11-21-2005, 04:41 PM

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Many on this site have decided Puerta is guilty even before any trial.

Regarding Puerta there seems to be an ongoing debate about his guilt which has gone on for about 6 months - why does it take the ATP so long to make a decision it is not fair to players if they are clean ?

Sadly "innocent til proven guilty" does not exisit in the minds of most MTF posters.............especially if the players happens to be Argentine :rolleyes: As for this latest "rumour" - I will give absolutely no credance to it until I see a link to a newspaper/magazine article I can read for mysef - or get to know which TV/radio progamme it was meant to be said on.

DrJules
11-21-2005, 04:43 PM
It's genes. Some people are born with genes that allow for such physical development if sought. Nadal works out hard and has been gifted with some good genes that has allowed him such a physique.

Does that mean Roger Federer is so good because he is a genetically modified tennis player. :scratch:

casillas_girl
11-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Why are the Argentinian players always guilty?
Someone at the ATP must really hate them! :(:(:(

lau
11-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Does that mean Roger Federer is so good because he is a genetically modified tennis player. :scratch:
I don´t think he is genetically modified, but I´m sure genes have something to do in such a gifted tennis player ;)

Castafiore
11-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Why should I blindly believe that tennis is in different condition?
I'm not saying that you should.
You shouldn't blindly believe a rumour either and I'm not claiming that you are blindly believing this one but uttering a cliché like "where there's smoke, there's fire" is as pointless as believing that tennis is 100% clean. It's easy to use a cliché but it's not really helpful in the entire doping matter and certainly not if a rumour could hurt the reputation of certain players.

BATES
11-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Why are the Argentinian players always guilty?
Someone at the ATP must really hate them! :(:(:(

Because they don't sell, that's why. Maybe David could relax now, I bet he will sell more tickets now. :wavey:

ExpectedWinner
11-21-2005, 05:07 PM
You shouldn't blindly believe a rumour either and I'm not claiming that you are blindly believing this one but uttering a cliché like "where there's smoke, there's fire" is as pointless as believing that tennis is 100% clean.

Put me on the ignore list and don't read my "pointless" posts. I have at least a dozen of people there ;) - mostly those who write like they are on PR payroll from their favorite tennis player. ;)

casillas_girl
11-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Because they don't sell, that's why. Maybe David could relax now, I bet he will sell more tickets now. :wavey:
Let's hope, coz it's very unfair! :mad:

mangoes
11-21-2005, 05:17 PM

:lol: huh? May I suggest studing a bit about genetics before asking such a question.................and I'm not saying this to be insultive ;)

mangoes
11-21-2005, 05:22 PM

Since when is there a "special" high level of hate toward Nadal in America?

joyk
11-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Nadal has speed,stamina,strenght and he`s very muscular,that`s the fire.People refuse to believe that some players are better than their favorites without "help".

If we`re going to accuse players just based on their qualities,it`s never gonna end.You can say they`re all doped:how can a skinny guy like Roddick have such a strong serve,answere he was doped;Federer is to talented,doped;Coria is to fast,doped;Rochus defeated Karlovic,doped;Nalbandian defeated Federer six times;doped,Karlovic is to tall;doped.

Skyward
11-21-2005, 06:03 PM
:how can a skinny guy like Roddick have such a strong serve.

Roddick is not skinny, lol

alelysafina
11-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Nadal has speed,stamina,strenght and he`s very muscular,that`s the fire.People refuse to believe that some players are better than their favorites without "help".

If we`re going to accuse players just based on their qualities,it`s never gonna end.You can say they`re all doped:how can a skinny guy like Roddick have such a strong serve,answere he was doped;Federer is to talented,doped;Coria is to fast,doped;Rochus defeated Karlovic,doped;Nalbandian defeated Federer six times;doped,Karlovic is to tall;doped.

Roddick is skinny!?!?! :eek: :eek: since when!?!?

alelysafina
11-21-2005, 06:05 PM
you beat me to it skyward! :p

El Legenda
11-21-2005, 06:08 PM
:confused: Karlovic is to tall;doped.

i think its because his parents are tall, but what do i know

amierin
11-21-2005, 06:09 PM

Check the ESPN tennis board.

nobama
11-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Check the ESPN tennis board.Now why on earth would anyone want to go there?

Castafiore
11-21-2005, 06:16 PM
That place is just full of negativity and hatred in general.

Clara Bow
11-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Boy – so the ugly rumors are starting then. I just keep wondering why everyone insists that 19-year olds never have bodies like Nadal’s.

LeBron James anyone? And heck- go on the University of Texas campus when the weather is warm and you can see a lot of very built freshmen and sophomore guys playing frisbee, soccer, basketball etc.

mangoes
11-21-2005, 06:21 PM

Based on the ESPN tennis boards you have come to a general assumption about tennis fans in America?

Well, since there are usually a lot of racial hatred on the ESPN tennis boards toward the Williams Sisters, should I also assume that there is a high level of hatred for the Williams Sisters in America because of the color of their skin? Serena Williams, while disliked intensely by some fans, for race or whatever reason, is a very popular tennis figure across the board.

I don't post at ESPN tennis boards because it is indeed full of a lot of repulsive threads, but they don't reflect the feelings of American Tennis fans in general.

Furthermore, if anything in regards to Nadal, there seems to be quite a fascination with him.

amierin
11-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Now why on earth would anyone want to go there?

Kicks and giggles??? :devil:

Every time Fed wins a tourny he's being "Outted". Same with Nadal. In fact all of Argentina is doping in some shape form or fashion, the French stink, Wimbledon is the Holy Grail of tennis and once Sampras retired TENNIS DIED and has been taken over by "mindless ball bashers" or "punk azz dirt ballers". The sad thing is these people are serious.

There are serious posters there but I read it so that I keep contact with the lunatic fringe. Some of the stuff posted there will just leave you speechless. But that is why I say there is a level of hate for some players that many will find mindless. Nadal is one of them.

mangoes
11-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Boy – so the ugly rumors are starting then. I just keep wondering why everyone insists that 19-year olds never have bodies like Nadal’s.

LeBron James anyone? And heck- go on the University of Texas campus when the weather is warm and you can see a lot of very built freshmen and sophomore guys playing frisbee, soccer, basketball etc.

Check out the gym at most major universities............. ;) Especially the swim team....:lol:

amierin
11-21-2005, 06:25 PM

I'm surprised it took so long for the Nadal talk to start.

adee-gee
11-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Erm, surely the place you heard it would be the source. And please stop posting such :bs: its not fair. Especially on Nadal who has no history of drugs and has worked his ass off to get to where he is.

alelysafina
11-21-2005, 06:29 PM
:confused:

I think his parents are normal, I remember him saying that everyone thought it was wierd he was so tall, that his parents were normal so he jokingly blamed it on the milkman :lol:

amierin
11-21-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't post at ESPN tennis boards because it is indeed full of a lot of repulsive threads, but they don't reflect the feelings of American Tennis fans in general.

I think the more that sane people post there the nut jobs will be forced to retreat. I have found that when people who don't have an agenda confront the nuts with facts they just go away. I prefer this board but it's more international so the loonies stand out.

Yes the WS and their fans are hated by many posters there and it is obviously based on race but the mods are trying to clean it up.

DrJules
11-21-2005, 06:30 PM
I thought top players such as Nadal were regularly tested for drugs. If he was taking them I do not know how he would keep all the testers quiet.

Surely, the only drugs he could be taking are those which are not detected by the tests.

mangoes
11-21-2005, 06:33 PM
I think the more that sane people post there the nut jobs will be forced to retreat. I have found that when people who don't have an agenda confront the nuts with facts they just go away. I prefer this board but it's more international so the loonies stand out.

Yes the WS and their fans are hated by many posters there and it is obviously based on race but the mods are trying to clean it up.

:lol: JUST SAY NO to ESPN message boards......... ;)

DrJules
11-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Kicks and giggles??? :devil:

Every time Fed wins a tourny he's being "Outted". Same with Nadal. In fact all of Argentina is doping in some shape form or fashion, the French stink, Wimbledon is the Holy Grail of tennis and once Sampras retired TENNIS DIED and has been taken over by "mindless ball bashers" or "punk azz dirt ballers". The sad thing is these people are serious.

There are serious posters there but I read it so that I keep contact with the lunatic fringe. Some of the stuff posted there will just leave you speechless. But that is why I say there is a level of hate for some players that many will find mindless. Nadal is one of them.

Mens Tennis Forum are a vastly superior collection of posters. I hope Prima Donna does not disagree with me.

musefanatic
11-21-2005, 06:36 PM
I don't think any of this is true for one moment, especially not Nadal anyway! That's just too ridiculous!

adee-gee
11-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Surely, the only drugs he could be taking are those which are not detected by the tests.
Or maybe he's not taking any at all :)

DrJules
11-21-2005, 06:40 PM
:lol: JUST SAY NO to ESPN message boards......... ;)

They are all high on hallucinatory drugs with no attachment to reality. :haha:

MariaV
11-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Adam, should we report the thread?

adee-gee
11-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Adam, should we report the thread?
Nah, its probably just some Federer fan who is concerned his beloved might lose his number 1 spot :rolleyes:

DrJules
11-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Or maybe he's not taking any at all :)
:yeah:

mangoes
11-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Nah, its probably just some Federer fan who is concerned his beloved might lose his number 1 spot :rolleyes:

Why does it have to be a Federer fan? Why can't it be a Puerto fan, or a Hewitt fan, or a Roddick fan???? :lol:

adee-gee
11-21-2005, 06:49 PM
Why does it have to be a Federer fan? Why can't it be a Puerto fan, or a Hewitt fan, or a Roddick fan???? :lol:
I associate these sort of threads with Federer fans :p

Roddick and Hewitt fans are too concerned about their own man to bother starting nonsense like this ;)

DrJules
11-21-2005, 06:50 PM
Are tennis players allowed to take Creatine?

mangoes
11-21-2005, 06:51 PM
I associate these sort of threads with Federer fans :p

Roddick and Hewitt fans are too concerned about their own man to bother starting nonsense like this ;)

Oh the price Federer fans pay for the success of their favorite player........ :D .......being blamed for everything :lol:

adee-gee
11-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Oh the price Federer fans pay for the success of their favorite player........ :D
Absolutely :D

Serves them right for taking the easy option :p

DrJules
11-21-2005, 06:57 PM

Its rather sad how a number of posters seem to have gained far more joy from Roger Federer losing than David Nalbandian winning. I was wondering have you had a bad experience with him at a tournament.

sigmagirl91
11-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Are tennis players allowed to take Creatine?

According to WADA's policy, creatine is considered food, so it's not on the banned substance list.

mangoes
11-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Its rather sad how a number of posters seem to have gained far more joy from Roger Federer losing than David Nalbandian winning. I was wondering have you had a bad experience with him at a tournament.

Human Nature being reflected on the boards. Some people hate to see anyone too successful, especially, when their lives are filled with crap.

adee-gee
11-21-2005, 07:02 PM
I gained high pleasure out of both. Is it wrong for me, as a tennis fan to get a little disenchanted with the same person winning every tournament?

Galaxystorm
11-21-2005, 07:07 PM

Maybe your coach is spanish, but this fact doesn't mean he knows Nadal, in fact he has showed that has no fucking idea about Nadal when he was just a boy and played spanish and international championships .

One of the characteristics of his genetic is that he was always a boy with a physical development faster than the rest of players at his age . ( it seems your super coach has never seen Nadal playing at 12 , 13 , 14 years and won spanish champìonships, Les Petits As , juniors davis cups .., )

Every time i read bullshits about Nadal's muscular mass i wonder, , let's see, if players like Verdasco , Ginepri, has the double or triple muscular mass than Nadal, and Nadal is considered as a doper, then Verdasco and Ginepri must take steroids in the breakfast instead of taking coffe or milk :silly:

Nadal's power is just a matter of genetic , his uncle , a former soccer player ( one of the best central defenders in Europe in the middle of 90's ) was always a freak of nature , was physically very stronger, and although he never played in England ( Manchester United wanted to sing him up a lot of times but he wanted to stay in Spain ) , in England was called by the press as " The Animal " or " The Beast " ( now i don't know exactly the nickname ).
He retired at 38-39 years , He played 3 world cups and the last one was at 36 years ( playing all the matches excepting one ).

Even a former team-mate told about him apporximately that : " When he arrived to F.C.Barcelona at the beginning of the 90's he had a body more developed than our time, physically he was ahead of his time, was muscularly perfect and could have played in any sport ".

That's just Nadal's family genetic .

And i have never understood why people praises Nadal's mass muscular so much when if you go to a gym you can find a lot of persons with more muscular mass than him, even in the ATP, Ginepri , Verdasco etc etc...

*Ljubica*
11-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Maybe your coach is spanish, but this fact doesn't mean he knows Nadal, in fact he has showed that has no fucking idea about Nadal when he was just a boy and played spanish and international championships .

One of the characteristics of his genetic is that he was always a boy with a physical development faster than the rest of players at his age . ( it seems your super coach has never seen Nadal playing at 12 , 13 , 14 years and won spanish champìonships, Les Petits As , juniors davis cups .., )

Every time i read bullshits about Nadal's muscular mass i wonder, , let's see, if players like Verdasco , Ginepri, has the double or triple muscular mass than Nadal, and Nadal is considered as a doper, then Verdasco and Ginepri must take steroids in the breakfast instead of taking coffe or milk :silly:

Nadal's power is just a matter of genetic , his uncle , a former soccer player ( one of the best central defenders in Europe in the middle of 90's ) was always a freak of nature , was physically very stronger, and although he never played in England ( Manchester United wanted to sing him up a lot of times but he wanted to stay in Spain ) , in England was called by the press as " The Animal " or " The Beast " ( now i don't know exactly the nickname ).
He retired at 38-39 years , He played 3 world cups and the last one was at 36 years ( playing all the matches excepting one ).

Even a former team-mate told about him apporximately that : " When he arrived to F.C.Barcelona at the beginning of the 90's he had a body more developed than our time, physically he was ahead of his time, was muscularly perfect and could have played in any sport ".

And i have never understood why people praises Nadal's mass muscular so much when if you go to a gym you can find a lot of persons with more muscular mass than him, even in the ATP, Ginepri , Verdasco etc etc...

We called him the "beast of Barcelona" ;)

adee-gee
11-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Galaxystorm :yeah:

amierin
11-21-2005, 07:22 PM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

amierin
11-21-2005, 07:24 PM
I will never mention the ESPN boards again. The gay thread has appeared here on MTF. :eek:

sigmagirl91
11-21-2005, 07:25 PM
I will never mention the ESPN boards again. The gay thread has appeared here on MTF. :eek:

There are several gay threads on here.

amierin
11-21-2005, 07:28 PM
There are several gay threads on here.

Usually on the ESPN boards when Federer or Rafa win this thread pops up talking about them being gay, lovers, or whatever the poster feels like. I've seen the gay threads here and they're no where near as vicious as the ones there. There's a "Rafa and Moya" thread here that's quite entertaining but not vicious. That is what I meant.

sigmagirl91
11-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Usually on the ESPN boards when Federer or Rafa win this thread pops up talking about them being gay, lovers, or whatever the poster feels like. I've seen the gay threads here and they're no where near as vicious as the ones there. There's a "Rafa and Moya" thread here that's quite entertaining but not vicious. That is what I meant.

:eek: Oh....that's bad.

DrJules
11-21-2005, 07:43 PM

Which players do they like on ESPN.

Clara Bow
11-21-2005, 07:47 PM

Every time i read bullshits about Nadal's muscular mass i wonder, , let's see, if players like Verdasco , Ginepri, has the double or triple muscular mass than Nadal, and Nadal is considered as a doper, then Verdasco and Ginepri must take steroids in the breakfast instead of taking coffe or milk

Great post! :D

amierin
11-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Which players do they like on ESPN.

I dunno. Has anyone played since Sampras retired?

sigmagirl91
11-21-2005, 07:48 PM

That bad?

mangoes
11-21-2005, 07:52 PM

They seem to love Sharapova :(

amierin
11-21-2005, 07:56 PM
That bad?
They like Federer but only if he has the smarts to not try and challenge any of Sampras records. Or JMac's. Or Laver. And recently Borg has been propped up on a pedestal. NOt to belittle any of these men, they're greats. But the modern age is beyond them.

Forget Rafa or any of the South Americans. Murray and Gasquet are the future of tennis. Rafa is a "Punk Azz dirt baller" as far as they're concerned. It's a very strange point of view to have for a sport as international and ever evolving as tennis.

ETA: They do love Maria don't they?

DrJules
11-21-2005, 07:58 PM
They seem to love Sharapova :(

Are a lot of the posters male. :devil:

amierin
11-21-2005, 08:00 PM

So they say. :devil:

mangoes
11-21-2005, 08:00 PM

I've thought so at times, but I don't know. I just don't go there anymore...........extremely mean spirited board.

mangoes
11-21-2005, 08:02 PM
So they say. :devil:

Oh ok, they are mostly male.........

Merton
11-21-2005, 11:40 PM

I agree, in principle stupidity is not the exclusive property of Federer fans.

ExpectedWinner
11-21-2005, 11:41 PM
And heck- go on the University of Texas campus when the weather is warm and you can see a lot of very built freshmen and sophomore guys playing frisbee, soccer, basketball etc.

http://www.acsm.org/publications/newsreleases2004/steroids071404.htm

" Anabolic steroid use is not just confined to collegiate, professional and Olympic athletes. Use among students in ninth to 12th grades is increasing at an alarming rate, indicating the critical need for action and intervention by policymakers. According to trend data tracked by the Youth Risk and Behavior Surveillance System at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in just a four year time span, from 1999 to 2003, the percentage of students who reported that they had taken steroid pills or shots without a doctor's prescription one or more times during their life jumped 65 percent from 3.7 percent to 6.1 percent. If this trend continues, more than one out of every ten American students will have used illegal steroids at least once, by the turn of the next decade. The rise in use among females is even more alarming. Just four years ago, 2.2 percent of females in the survey reported use. By 2003, it was 5.3 percent – a 140 percent increase."

Merton
11-21-2005, 11:43 PM
This is an old rumor being recycled again and again from people who first noticed Rafa in Miami 2005. They thought that his muscle mass appeared overnight. There is nothing strange about that for people that have seen Rafa since 2003.

BATES
11-22-2005, 12:06 AM

Naah.... I think some people has missed my point. I'm questioning the ATP, not the players. I do believe in their innocense, until proven guilty.

I actually believe Roger's domination is not doing any good. I admire the way he plays, he is the greatest player I've ever seen. But I love when he losses.
Who would like to see a tennis match when you know who's gonna win? Only Roger fans.. :p

El Legenda
11-22-2005, 02:20 AM

LeBron James anyone? .

James is 6'8 not 6'0 there is a difference comparing a body of a 6'8 person and 6'0

of course there is plently of 19year olds with body like Nadal, but there is nothing from stoping them from taking performance enhancing drugs/steroids they dont do it to be top player in a sport, they do it because they want to look like that, there is no rules on how a person can look and use performance enhancing drugs to do it, in tennis there is

Clara Bow
11-22-2005, 02:40 AM
of course there is plently of 19year olds with body like Nadal, but there is nothing from stoping them from taking performance enhancing drugs/steroids they dont do it to be top player in a sport, they do it because they want to look like that, there is no rules on how a person can look and use performance enhancing drugs to do it, in tennis there is

But 19-year olds can also have that type of body naturally. Just because someone is built at 19 does not mean that they are juiced up. A lot of Olympic swimmers are very muscular- are they all doped up? Does that mean that Alexandre Despatie- the Olympic diver who was much more muscular at 19 than Rafa- is all doped up? Heck- in Sydney in 2000 at the age of 15 Despatie already had muscles. (BTW- Mike- he is way shorter than Rafa) Can't any of them be muscular naturally? Here's Despatie when he was 19 at the 2004 Olympics.
http://www.fieryfjord.com/Neil/Olympics/Alexandre-Despatie.jpg

(Okay- maybe I just wanted a chance to post a picture of Despatie- he made the 2004 Olympics very enjoyable. ;) )

I dated guys in high school and college who had very nice, muscular builds. And no- they were not juicing. In particular one of my high school boyfriends who was a gymnast and when he was 15/16 had a very developed upper body.

Is everyone hanging around with 19 year old poets with bird chests or something? :p I just don't think that Nadal's body is as unusual as people are saying it is. And I do think it is natural. It just seems like some people are looking for a reason to sling mud and besmirch his name. It seems like some people do not want to face the fact that someone can be muscular at 17/18/19- and it can be natural.

I don't know--- I have always been quite thin (I'm 5'4" and weigh less than 100 pounds). I don't have any eating disorder but have had people whisper that I do and even confront me with it. Hello- my mom is naturally thin, my siblings are naturally thin, etc. And I have been a runner for years. But for ages I've dealt with pointed comments and hurtful gossip behind my back saying that I must be either puking or starving- and frankly I have a low tolerance when people insist that a body type is not natural when it very well can be. Some body types - be they nauturally thin, or muscular at an earlier age, or a girl who develops curves early- are natural.

And Expected Winner- perhaps you are thinking I am naive but I really don't think that all of the college freshman and sophmore males who are fit and muscular have been juicing.

There is nothing strange about that for people that have seen Rafa since 2003.

No kidding- there are pictures of him from when he was 16/17 and he was already getting his muscles. So his physique did not come overnight.

bad gambler
11-22-2005, 02:53 AM
There's no source...
you lost me after the that

Chloe le Bopper
11-22-2005, 03:17 AM

(Okay- maybe I just wanted a chance to post a picture of Despatie- he made the 2004 Olympics very enjoyable. ;) )

Haaaaa. I'm glad you admitted to that, because I was going to quote you just to say that you were looking for excuses to post photos of one of my imaginary boyfriends. Good choice :yeah:

Lee
11-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Does that mean that Alexandre Despatie- the Olympic diver who was much more muscular at 19 than Rafa- is all doped up? Heck- in Sydney in 2000 at the age of 15 Despatie already had muscles. (BTW- Mike- he is way shorter than Rafa) Can't any of them be muscular naturally? Here's Despatie when he was 19 at the 2004 Olympics.

Yes, watching him was very, very enjoyable!

:lol:

Merton
11-22-2005, 04:01 AM
But 19-year olds can also have that type of body naturally. Just because someone is built at 19 does not mean that they are juiced up. A lot of Olympic swimmers are very muscular- are they all doped up? Does that mean that Alexandre Despatie- the Olympic diver who was much more muscular at 19 than Rafa- is all doped up? Heck- in Sydney in 2000 at the age of 15 Despatie already had muscles. (BTW- Mike- he is way shorter than Rafa) Can't any of them be muscular naturally? Here's Despatie when he was 19 at the 2004 Olympics.

I dated guys in high school and college who had very nice, muscular builds. And no- they were not juicing. In particular one of my high school boyfriends who was a gymnast and when he was 15/16 had a very developed upper body.

Is everyone hanging around with 19 year old poets with bird chests or something? :p I just don't think that Nadal's body is as unusual as people are saying it is. And I do think it is natural. It just seems like some people are looking for a reason to sling mud and besmirch his name. It seems like some people do not want to face the fact that someone can be muscular at 17/18/19- and it can be natural.

I don't know--- I have always been quite thin (I'm 5'4" and weigh less than 100 pounds). I don't have any eating disorder but have had people whisper that I do and even confront me with it. Hello- my mom is naturally thin, my siblings are naturally thin, etc. And I have been a runner for years. But for ages I've dealt with pointed comments and hurtful gossip behind my back saying that I must be either puking or starving- and frankly I have a low tolerance when people insist that a body type is not natural when it very well can be. Some body types - be they nauturally thin, or muscular at an earlier age, or a girl who develops curves early- are natural.

And Expected Winner- perhaps you are thinking I am naive but I really don't think that all of the college freshman and sophmore males who are fit and muscular have been juicing.

No kidding- there are pictures of him from when he was 16/17 and he was already getting his muscles. So his physique did not come overnight.

I have a better theory. There is much more than doping going on. All is part of a huge conspiracy aimed at subverting the human race. The alliens carefully cultivate their minions in various sports to subdue human resistance. Rafa in reality is an alien robot. That explains everything.

mandoura
11-22-2005, 04:36 AM
Sadly "innocent til proven guilty" does not exisit in the minds of most MTF posters.............especially if the players happens to be Argentine :rolleyes: As for this latest "rumour" - I will give absolutely no credance to it until I see a link to a newspaper/magazine article I can read for mysef - or get to know which TV/radio progamme it was meant to be said on.

Yes Rosie. And even then, it has to be officially announced. For me "innocent til proven guilty" goes very far. It takes a lot for me to believe someone is really guilty. :)

mandoura
11-22-2005, 04:49 AM

:haha: Adam.

You are really obssessed with Rogelio, aren't you? Admit it :lol:. He is ????ing your mind, isn't he? :haha:

Vamos Rafa. :p

mandoura
11-22-2005, 05:07 AM
One of the characteristics of his genetic is that he was always a boy with a physical development faster than the rest of players at his age.

You are absolutely right about this.

My son is playing competitive tennis now (he just turned 14). From 6 to 9 he was in the swimming team. This speeded his physical development tremendously. At 9, he looked as if he was 13. He switched to tennis at that age. He doesn't go to the gym yet but he is very well built. He is 180 cms tall and weighs 76kgs. He is labeled one of the four giants of U14. His serve is very powerful and his groundstrokes are bullets. He doesn't take anything that is not natural, not even medicine.

It is the way he is built and has nothing to do with performance enhancing drugs or steroids.

idolwatcher1
11-22-2005, 07:46 AM

lol, I was wondering the same thing... :lol: I don't know any American specifically that hates Nadal...of course haters are haters, and often hate multiple people, not just one person anyway... ;)

DhammaTiger
11-22-2005, 09:17 AM

well said. :worship: I was also wondering, why it takes so long todecide on a doping case. I remember in the olympics, they announce it immediately. The length of time it is taking in tennis cases, doesn't add to the credibility at all.

mandoura
11-22-2005, 10:37 AM
well said. :worship: I was also wondering, why it takes so long todecide on a doping case. I remember in the olympics, they announce it immediately. The length of time it is taking in tennis cases, doesn't add to the credibility at all.

Yes and not only it is destroying ATP's credibility but also switching the fingers to point at the ATP and organisers. :(

joyk
11-22-2005, 02:54 PM
:confused:

I was being sarcastical,I don`t think he`s that tall because he took drugs.