Here's what Fed said tonight... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Here's what Fed said tonight...

nobama
11-20-2005, 01:57 PM
"I congratulate David for coming back from the two tiebreaks, which was tough," he told the crowd in Shanghai. "He got me and he totally deserved to win tonight."

And Nalby said....

"Roger, don't worry. You're going to win lots of tournaments," he joked after winning his second title of 2005 and only the fourth of his career. "So let me keep this one."

Total class from both guys. :worship:

mrpotatoman
11-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Beautiful! Classy and the fans here should take note.

Clara Bow
11-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Two of my favorites acted with class. :) Yea!

disturb3d
11-20-2005, 02:04 PM
"I congratulate David for coming back from the two tiebreaks, which was tough," he told the crowd in Shanghai. "He got me and he totally deserved to win tonight."

And Nalby said....Roger is an arrogant bitch who throws a hissy fit after every unforced error.
And before you know it, he's buying sympathy at the award ceremony.

Am I the only one who sees the arrogance in Roger? The only player he shows respect for on-court is Safin.

nobama
11-20-2005, 02:04 PM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20051120/i/r1074129843.jpg?x=380&y=253&sig=cN7Im4kNEkMZ.SXXsBx0FQ--

sigmagirl91
11-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Classy!!! Thank you.

nobama
11-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Roger is an arrogant bitch who throws a hissy fit after every unforced error.

Am I the only one who sees the arrogance in Roger? The only player he shows respect for on-court is Safin.You're fucking :retard: dude.

Juanquis.Angel
11-20-2005, 02:46 PM

Am I the only one who sees the arrogance in Roger? The only player he shows respect for on-court is Safin.

Coming back from a 2-0 set deficit would be tough on anyone...so I fail to see how Roger is arrogant in this quote? :confused:

TennisGrandSlam
11-20-2005, 02:52 PM

just a joke! :mad:

Nalby is only the ATP players who have first 5 win against Federer in Head-to head record! Nalby is very respectible player to Roger!

*Viva Chile*
11-20-2005, 02:52 PM

I see you "RED" in a few moments for that comment.... :rolleyes:

pete25
11-20-2005, 03:11 PM
No comment !!

Fergie
11-20-2005, 03:13 PM

Am I the only one who sees the arrogance in Roger?
Yes, you're the only one :wavey:

sigmagirl91
11-20-2005, 03:14 PM

Shut up, shut up, and SHUT.UP.

Flibbertigibbet
11-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Good for both of them. Nalbandian's fishing trip wasn't really interrupted, in hindsight - he ended up getting a pretty big catch in Shanghai, after all.

*Ljubica*
11-20-2005, 03:16 PM
I see you "RED" in a few moments for that comment.... :rolleyes:

If I had not run out of Reputation for the moment - I would start it ;) Roger's words show what a classy guy he is - not arrogant at all.

Gigan
11-20-2005, 03:18 PM

Am I the only ...

an idiot...

nermo
11-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Decent words from both players,
Federer :sad:.hard luck, now time for some rest, best of luck for the next seasons inshALLAH

Nalbandian, a real surprise and good work indeed , congratulations :)

TennisGrandSlam
11-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Wish Roger a good health!

Also congrutulate Nalby, TMC 2005 title is his major success since Runner-up of Wimbledon 2002.

dkw
11-20-2005, 03:34 PM

I'm no Roger fan so I love it when people post outlandish remarks about him. But you went too far when you used Safin as your example of respect on-court.

As you may recall there's a Pierre seat in Roland Garros that has a big hole in it because someone had a go at it with his racket.

artlinkletter
11-20-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm no Roger fan so I love it when people post outlandish remarks about him. But you went too far when you used Safin as your example of respect on-court.

As you may recall there's a Pierre seat in Roland Garros that has a big hole in it because someone had a go at it with his racket.

I think the poster meant that the only person that Roger respects on court is Safin. Not who Safin respects on court.

dkw
11-20-2005, 03:52 PM
I think the poster meant that the only person that Roger respects on court is Safin. Not who Safin respects on court.
My bad! I totally misread disturb3d's post.

But my point is all the players have hissy fits when they aren't playing up to their standards. And as much as I love to hate Feds, I can't think of an incident where he's gone over the top in this department.

Freddi22cl
11-20-2005, 03:59 PM

just goes to show that you can't please everyone. In life we are always gogin to have people who like AND dislike us.

disturb3d, I don't agree with you. I think Federer carries himself on and off the court with class. The man is World number 1 and under the microscope everywhere he goes. He seems to never have a bad word for anyone. Seems genuine, if he wasn't he would have been exposed a long time ago given the attention he gets.

nermo
11-20-2005, 04:24 PM
disturb3d, I don't agree with you. I think Federer carries himself on and off the court with class. The man is World number 1 and under the microscope everywhere he goes. He seems to never have a bad word for anyone. Seems genuine, if he wasn't he would have been exposed a long time ago given the attention he gets. posted by Freddi cl

:yeah:

case
11-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Roger is an arrogant bitch who throws a hissy fit ...

I see it. He prefaced the congrats by reminding everyone he was two sets up. He should of and could of just said let me BEGIN by congratulating David for winning the TMC!! He played great. Then go on to thank everybody.

That isn't so hard is it? I guess for Rog it is. He always qualifies his losses to Safin and Gasquet too, by saying something like- I could have beaten them I had match point. WOW! He lost-they played great.

ADMIT IT ROGER YOU CAN LOSE!!

a girl 13
11-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Shut up, shut up, and SHUT.UP.

Shut the fuck up disturb3d ;) ;) ;)

Freddi22cl
11-20-2005, 05:02 PM
"I congratulate David for coming back from the two tiebreaks, which was tough,"

case: I don't see it that way. He is giving David FULL credit here. He is stating it's extremely tough to gather oneself after losing TWO tiebreaks in a best-of-five and coming all the way back to win. He's empasizing how fantastic Nalbandian's comeback was. HE MENTIONED NOTHING of his injury which clearly hampered him in the 3rd and 4th sets.

what do you want from the man?

jole
11-20-2005, 05:05 PM
an idiot...

Hey Gigan! :wavey:

I love your new avatar with every bit of my heart. :hearts: :D

Desirae
11-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Beautiful! Classy and the fans here should take note.

Beginning with you. :rolleyes:

RonE
11-20-2005, 05:09 PM

Yesirree, ladies and gentlemen. Yet another indication that the off season on MTF has officially begun, also known as "Troll Season".

mrpotatoman
11-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Beginning with you. :rolleyes:
If I reply to you then I am just like you. Fortunately I won't and I am not.

Frooty_Bazooty
11-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Guys, listen! some troll has posted and instead of ignoring him, theres has been at least 8 replies to him!!!

DONT FEED THE TROLLS!!!

hablovah19
11-20-2005, 06:00 PM
:awww: such good sports :worship:

I'm still sad for Federer though :sad:

Carito_90
11-20-2005, 06:23 PM

What did you want him to say 'Yoy fucking bastard how dare you win this match after being down two sets to love. I hate you. *stomps foot on the floor*"?

He said what any classy player would've said and it's very well respected.
And if every now and then he wants to brag about how he's the best, he can becuase, in the end, that's what he is.

Both of them were very nice to each other in their speeches. Roger was, and sounded, very dissapointed, obviously, but that didn't stop him from being nice to everybody and speaking with class.

drf716
11-21-2005, 05:26 AM
No comment !!
ditto! hehe

mandoura
11-21-2005, 06:35 AM
As said by many, both were very classy.

disturb3d
11-23-2005, 08:53 PM
He said what any classy player would've saidExactly, he redeems himself after every match.
For those stupid enough to buy into it, anyway.

Mistaflava
11-24-2005, 08:18 PM
I wish Roger and Mirka some very happy times until 2006 and hopefully she doesn't gain anymore weight.

:wavey:

niko
11-25-2005, 01:12 AM
Classy!!! Thank you.
Who is that cutie on your avatar Sigmagirl? BTW I'm not braking my promise we're not on David's forum right now. :wavey:

sigmagirl91
11-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Who is that cutie on your avatar Sigmagirl? BTW I'm not braking my promise we're not on David's forum right now. :wavey:

Guess.... :)

niko
11-25-2005, 01:21 AM
:p Guess.... :)
Well it has to be either you or David. :)

sigmagirl91
11-25-2005, 01:29 AM
:p
Well it has to be either you or David. :)

Oh, it definitely isn't me. :o

niko
11-25-2005, 01:31 AM
Oh, it definitely isn't me. :o
Sorry I have to go Happy Turkey Day! And I give up. :p

euroka1
11-25-2005, 01:39 AM
He said what any classy player would've said and it's very well respected.
And if every now and then he wants to brag about how he's the best, he can becuase, in the end, that's what he is.

Yes, in a word the guy has CLASS (as well as a great game of tennis). :worship:

sigmagirl91
11-25-2005, 01:43 AM
Sorry I have to go Happy Turkey Day! And I give up. :p

Oh come on, Niko. It's really not that hard.