Andrei Pavel cheering thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andrei Pavel cheering thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

sam
09-29-2003, 04:35 PM
Andrei's on the comeback trail and this week plays in France.
Go Andrei! :)

Lindsayfan
10-01-2003, 09:09 PM
yeah he's back and i've just met him in Palermo.he's so nice! :smooch:

sam
10-02-2003, 04:47 PM
He's in to the quaters of Metz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He beat the 6th seed in a final set tie break, then Victor Hanescu, his countryman.

Lindsayfan
10-03-2003, 09:40 AM
My meeting with Andrei Pavel! :D

I met him on wednesday.despite he lost on monday,he was still there to practise.I met him yesterday,he was watching Hanescu's match with his coach (a very nice black guy) and i asked him for an autograph and i wished him "welcome back after his injury".he thanked me warmly.then he talked at telephone and i was taking a pic of that til his coach told me "hey do ya want a pic with him?" I was surprised he started to talk to me LOL i said "yes,it would be great,thanks" and he said "are u french?" I said "no i'm italian why?" he said "cos ur accent sounds like a french" I was and said "no maybe it's cos i'm studying french right now" and he asked me why etc.we talked for 5 minutes waiting for Pavel who was still on the phone.I kept saying that I woudnt bother him again but his coach told me "no it's ok,he's a nice guy" and we both laughed.when Pavel ended his call,he agreed smiling and told me "sorry if if u had to wait for me" in italian I was like "no it was just 5 minutes,it's ok!" and he hugged me and his coach took the pic.then we stayed other 5 minutes watching the end of hanescu's match and keep talking about his injury etc.he said now he feels good but he's rusty and needs to practise and play days and days to be in the best shape again.I met him again 4 hours after,cos he was practising in the same Paulo's court,and he said "hello" and winked me LOL

Tryphon
10-05-2003, 10:52 AM
Very nice pictures, thanks :wavey: and cool meeting with Andrei and his coach.:)

sam
10-06-2003, 04:52 PM
Andrei got to the semis in Metz, only his second tournament back! :eek: He beat the top seed in the quarters! :yeah:

This week he wisely chose to play in Lyon and will face a qualifier, I think.

GO!!!!!!!!!! :boxing:

sam
10-10-2003, 04:34 PM
Andrei lost first round to Malisse, but it was in three sets and Malisse is a very good player.
I think he will also play Madrid.

Lindsayfan
10-11-2003, 08:54 AM
andrei is in madrid qualies draw.good luck! :)

sam
10-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Yes, he plays Christophe rochus, which is tough, but winnable.
Go Andrei!

sam
10-13-2003, 04:27 PM
Andrei lost :sad: Better luck next time!

sam
10-21-2003, 04:11 PM
He lost to Mikhail Youzhny but it was a very tough match. Better luck next time.

Leo
10-25-2003, 03:30 AM
yeah he's back and i've just met him in Palermo.he's so nice! :smooch:

Aaaaaaahhhh! That's so awesome, Val. I'm boiling over with jealousy that you got to meet and talk with a real pro player. :devil: :worship: ;) Andrei seems to be a really nice guy.

Lindsayfan
10-25-2003, 10:09 AM
i've taken also a pic of me and him together but i dont post it here cos of my privacy :p

Leo
10-26-2003, 05:37 AM
Haha, I completely understand. :D

sam
10-30-2003, 05:15 PM
Andrei is into Paris quarters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He beat Kucera, Mantilla and Coria withdrew because of a fever. Top 100 soon!

sam
11-01-2003, 04:11 PM
Andrei beat Rainer Schuettler to advance to the semis!! Andrei obviously likes playing in Paris! :D

Lindsayfan
11-02-2003, 12:16 AM
OMG Andrei beat Novak and is in the final!!! :woohoo: :worship:

Tricky_Forehand
11-02-2003, 10:15 PM
This was a GREAT week for Andrei!! I'm so proud of him and so happy to see him back. I really hope that he can stay healthy and get back to the top 25 next year. It's a long road but he can do it!!!

sam
11-03-2003, 04:54 PM
well done to Andrei, even though he lost. The score was 6-2, 7-6, 7-6. He is up to number 65 in the race now and 71 in the entry system! :)

Iza
11-26-2003, 06:30 AM
He just ROCKSSSSSSSS!!!! He beat Novak but he lost to Tiger Tim b/c he was 2 tired to play at the same level. Us Romanians have gr8 players y'know, it's not just Pavel, who is the master :worship: , but also Hanescu and we have two fabulous juniors Horia Tecau :hearts: and Florin Mergea :hearts: I think they'll turn pro very soon. Can't wait!

sam
12-08-2003, 03:47 PM
After his great Paris tournie, Andrei wisely chose to play a challenge, i think In Ukraine, and he got to the semis, having a good win over Vladimir Voltchkov. This is good as Andrei's injury ranking will run out soon.

Tricky_Forehand
12-08-2003, 09:46 PM
Andrei actually played one more Challenger before taking the last few weeks of '03 off. He played the Milan Challenger a couple of weeks ago where he lost in the QFs to (5)Dennis Van Scheppingen 7-6(5) 3-6 3-6. andrei ended the year at 69 so he still had a great year after being out most of it and then the great run in Paris :dance:

Iza
12-12-2003, 08:41 PM
I'm sure 2004 will be a fantastic year for a fantastic player like him!

Corredian's_Mind
12-14-2003, 05:52 PM
hi all!

he was in Reunion Island for an exhibition tournament and he won the tourny! :D. so it's the second time he wins here and he was so cute and nice and very funny on court too. :inlove:

he plays against rochus in SF and won against robredo in final yesterday 64 64 :).

he can do a nice season!!!!

Iza
12-19-2003, 06:28 AM
hope there won't be any injuries

~Aadz~
12-19-2003, 06:55 AM
Hi Everyone!
Hey Pavel is actually in Mauritius! I'm going to watch him play today! :) It's only a gala tennis match though... but I'm sure it's gonna be great!!! I hope i get to meet him and to get his autograph!!!! ;)

Corredian's_Mind
12-20-2003, 09:24 AM
hey you will see he's very nice, i spoke with himand even took pic, he's very and so so cute too! what a lovely guy! :)

~Aadz~
12-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Yeah you're right! he is SOOOOOO Great!!!!! I've met him, talked to him and took a photo with him (he hugged me...!!!!!!)!!!! :) He played soooo well.... I was totally mesmerized there!!!! LOL! ;) he won the match: 6-7, 6-2,6-3!!! The match was really friendly though, but both players demonstrated their great talent damn well! Both players kept joking and making us all laugh throughout the match! It was damn nice!!! He said he'll come again next year... Hope he'll keep to his words!!! I'm SOOOOO happy and SOOOO excited to have met him! I always watch him on TV... It was such a great feeling to see him right in front of me and to talk to him! I wish that moment never ended! ;)

Tricky_Forehand
12-20-2003, 11:33 PM
hi all!

he was in Reunion Island for an exhibition tournament and he won the tourny! :D. so it's the second time he wins here and he was so cute and nice and very funny on court too. :inlove:

he plays against rochus in SF and won against robredo in final yesterday 64 64 :).

he can do a nice season!!!!

Thanks for letting us all know about the scores. I've been checking Tommy Robredo's site for what happened and there's been absolutely nothing :mad: .

Tricky_Forehand
12-20-2003, 11:35 PM
Aadz, you'll probably be smiling from ear to ear for months :D . Happy for you!!

Corredian's_Mind
12-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Yeah you're right! he is SOOOOOO Great!!!!! I've met him, talked to him and took a photo with him (he hugged me...!!!!!!)!!!! :) He played soooo well.... I was totally mesmerized there!!!! LOL! ;) he won the match: 6-7, 6-2,6-3!!! The match was really friendly though, but both players demonstrated their great talent damn well! Both players kept joking and making us all laugh throughout the match! It was damn nice!!! He said he'll come again next year... Hope he'll keep to his words!!! I'm SOOOOO happy and SOOOO excited to have met him! I always watch him on TV... It was such a great feeling to see him right in front of me and to talk to him! I wish that moment never ended! ;)

hey!!!

i totally understand you, he did the same with me and it was 1 week ago and i'm still in paradise..hehe.i think i fell in love with him when he hugged me. and i'm pretty sure it is the same for you.i was excited too (and im still excited! lol), it's so great to speak with a person ou always watch on tv!!!!so i'm happy for you :)!

~Aadz~
12-21-2003, 06:10 PM
I'm damn sure you understand me really well then! :) I didn't know he was that cool and that nice! He got a really good sense of humour! ;)
That means, he went to your country before coming here!You're from which country? ;) Me too i keep talking about him at home... and always get over-excited! my parents getting real fed up with me now! Lol! ;)

Iza
12-22-2003, 08:35 PM
I can't wait to see him in February's DC tie against Switzerland!

Corredian's_Mind
12-23-2003, 04:48 AM
I'm damn sure you understand me really well then! :) I didn't know he was that cool and that nice! He got a really good sense of humour! ;)
That means, he went to your country before coming here!You're from which country? ;) Me too i keep talking about him at home... and always get over-excited! my parents getting real fed up with me now! Lol! ;)

Lol it's the same with my parents...imagine when i took a pic with him, he was shirtless :worship: Lol i couldn't believe it!(o god he's so handsome and funny! :inlove: ) and so yes he was here before Mauritius.i live in reunion wich is very close to your island.

~Aadz~
12-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Oh he was shirtless??? That should have been damn great! :) Huhmmmm.... ;)
You're from Reunion? Tu parles le français donc!!! :)
There's be the 'Reunion Open' next October, right??? He'll be there??

Corredian's_Mind
12-25-2003, 10:41 AM
Yes shirtless! it was great... believe me :inlove:

et oui je viens de la Reunion.

i don't know yet which player are going to plqy at this open

Iza
12-25-2003, 09:25 PM
:drool:

Corredian's_Mind
12-26-2003, 11:50 AM
LOL :D :inlove:

Iza
12-30-2003, 10:37 AM
how is it 2 live in the reunion or mauritius?

Corredian's_Mind
01-01-2004, 08:40 AM
i don't know for mauritius but in reunion it's BORING! ( except for andrei :inlove: )

Iza
01-02-2004, 08:52 PM
i think it would be cool! :cool:

~Aadz~
01-03-2004, 07:14 AM
Hey Happy New Year to you all!! L:) I'm a bit late but had some probs with the internet connection! :(
Well me, i quite like it in Mauritius! :) I enjoy myself loads!!!! ;) But i would like to go settle elsewhere (in England most probably) after my studies (coz of work!)!!! ;)
How is it in Romania?

sam
01-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Andrei won his qualifying match in Auckland, where he is top seed, 6-2, 6-3 against a canadian guy.

Corredian's_Mind
01-11-2004, 11:28 AM
he will play fred HEMMES JR tomorrow at 11.00am...so GOOD LUCK

sam
01-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Andrei lost in the final round of qualies! DAMN!

Corredian's_Mind
01-13-2004, 10:46 AM
:sad:

Corredian's_Mind
01-16-2004, 01:17 PM
hello all

i just wanted to say you that our dear andrei's gonna play max mirnyi in the first round of AO.

just best of luck to him!!!!

Iza
01-17-2004, 08:39 PM
i hope he get to the 2nd round. my opinion is that andrei CAN beat Max Mirnyi!

Corredian's_Mind
01-18-2004, 03:05 AM
of course he can! how do you say good luck in your language iza?

sam
01-20-2004, 01:37 PM
He beat Mirnyi and it was an excellent performance; 4 sets, 67 winners !! and only 11 UEs!

Corredian's_Mind
01-21-2004, 01:55 AM
yes :D good luck for the 2nd round

Corredian's_Mind
01-22-2004, 10:00 AM
he won 64 64 62 against Glenn Weiner. he'll play jiri novak on saturday!

sam
01-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Another good win. he beat Novak the last time they played. Two of my faves meeting so early. AARGH!!

Iza
01-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Go ANDREI! Esti cel mai bun( You're the best in romanian ;) )!!!!! :worship:

Iza
01-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Go ANDREI! Esti cel mai bun( You're the best in romanian ;) )!!!!! :worship: I'm very confident that he will beat Novak. The thing is ,if he indeed does that, he's gonna play Juanqui and I'm gonna be in a dilemma!

sam
01-24-2004, 02:07 PM
He won!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: A 5-set thriller. He next plays Ferrero, may the best man win!

Iza
01-25-2004, 06:39 PM
of course he can! how do you say good luck in your language iza?

mult noroc

Corredian's_Mind
01-26-2004, 04:53 PM
thank you!!it's very cute

by the way, he lost to ferrero in the fourth round of the AO :sad:

amethyst
01-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Hallo, Pavel-Fans, did you see that part in the Ferrero-match when he almost ran into the refrigerator and then offered some "ice-cream" to the crowd? After that he climbed into the refrigerator. That shows what a funny person he is. I´m sorry he lost that match, but it´s nice to see him coming back after his injuries.

Anca
01-27-2004, 08:24 AM
Happy birthday to tsar Pavel on his 30th anniversary! May he remain the same great person he is and one of the most complete players in the field! Did you see the spin in the final game against Novak? :)

Corredian's_Mind
01-28-2004, 06:25 PM
they didn't show his match here :sad: such a pity...

but happy birthday Andrei!!! :bounce: :)

Action Jackson
02-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Yes, ame I saw that incident with the water cooler that was very funny, unfortunately he hasn't played enough tennis and he ran out of condition in the 4th.

Anca, I don't think he will change too much.
Hopefully he can build on that start and have a successful year.

Action Jackson
02-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Here is something that you may not have read, it's about Andrei growing up in Romania.

A Tennis Upbringing
By Jeff Tarango and Andre Pavel
If you think that the tennis learning environment is grueling and difficult, read about this learning environment and see how hard it is in other parts of the world.

Andre Pavel grew up in Romania at a time when Eastern Europe was dominated by a Communist government and it's philosophies of strict discipline and social policies of the State. Recently, Andre started telling me a story about one of his youth's experiences. He said: We (Romania) had so many children that were interested in tennis and so many were very good and would have been great players, if the system would have allowed it."

Sound familiar? He continued: “there were 10 to 15 thousand children in the first camp of every season. They would line up and each would hit a shot and move to the back of the line. Once they got to the back of the line, they were told to go home. The coaches singled out what they thought were the best children until there were only 20 to 30 children left." Wow!! Talk about the importance of making a good first impression.

After this minor adjustment in the natural order of the screening process, the lessons or season of lessons would start. Andre continued by explaining how his best friend always had to go in front of him. When running, he would push himself to the limit to make sure he finished in front of Andre. No matter where they went or what they were doing, his friend so badly wanted to be better than Andre Pavel. He would do anything to stay ahead of Andre or he felt a responsibility to always stay a step or three ahead of him. This ambition to be the best is different for everyone, but this was his motivation.

Practice consisted of one line with the child in front playing a rally with the instructor. Then, going to the end of the line and waiting the next turn. The tennis court was a parquet floor like a basketball gymnasium and was very fast. We are talking "lightning fast". What did Andre's friend discover? Going first is not always the best idea. He missed the first ball and was told to advance to the net. The instructor came to the net to speak to him, or so they thought. Upon reaching the net, the instructor forehanded Andre's friends face, then swiftly backhanded him, forehand and backhand again. Four cracks to the head. The instructor said: "No one misses the first ball or they get the same". Andre said: "Of course, I didn't miss the first ball, but talk about pressure, that's pressure."

The next time his friend went to rally with the instructor, he missed the first ball... again. Wham!!, four smacks to the head, face, whatever. Ouch!!. Now you won't believe this, but the next time, Andre's friend missed the first ball again... and four more smacks to the head. He was now black and blue. Adding insult to injury, when they were done with the practice, they went over to their parents to go home and quess what happened. The father of Andre’s friend also started hitting his son on the head. Yelling, "Why did you keep missing the first ball? Andre never missed one ball. What's the matter with you?" ... boom, boom, boom, boom!
The moral of the story is: Don't miss the first ball! Got it?

Now in today’s day and age we feel that parents and instructors should be reprimanded and prosecuted for striking a child on the tennis court. But, in Andre's day in Romania, the issue of abuse was one of the least of ones worries. Instructors had their positions in society for a reason and their authority was not to be questioned. Andre said: "Without this strict disciplinary attitude, which is obviously over the threshold of behavior, the children would not have had the concentration spans or discipline to listen and learn at the incredibly fast rate that a child needs to learn in order to become a top world contender".

Obviously there are other methods that can be used to learn the principles of discipline and concentration. The proven best tennis instructors need to be given a sort of "Carte Blanche" about how they train and mentally form a child into a competitive tennis player.

In the United States, Harry Hopman and Robert Lansdorp used this tough concept to instill an “overdrive mechanism” into their top-flight players. Both coaches had critics who said their methods were “too harsh” or “a child shouldn’t be subjected to their harsh criticism, discipline and training in order to be a champion” But no one, and I mean no one, can argue with these two coaches success rates for developing world class tennis players.

Life is never easy for those who choose to attain a level of excellence in some chosen field, but the game of tennis is easy and that is why the best performers are those who push themselves hardest (or are lovingly persuaded) and can discipline themselves to follow the necessary difficult regimen required to be one of the best.

That is why a child should not be led to believe that life is easy just because they have the means and desire to play tennis and have countless instruction. The “real world” ideas of hard work, discipline, grinding, fighting for a steak, earning a place, climbing the ladder, can all be learned in the “glamorous” world of tennis. In fact, players that are the most successful gradually learn and understand how tough the world can be and are willing to endure the “grind” in order to reap the rewards.

The child must learn to recognize that to be one of the best that they can, and must push themselves beyond the normal rationale. They must be determined. Without this cognitive recognition a parent can coax, yell at the child, or can pay forever to have a coach blow wind in their sails but nothing will come of it except hot air.

This self recognition is not easily taught. The list is three miles long of children that had the talent but never made the grade. The list of coaches that tell parents that they can develop a champion are just as long. The ATP and WTA are filled with good professional players and coaches. But generally, year after year the players with the talent and the best coaching always seem to be on top.
So you say there must be more to the puzzle than just this article’s motif:
“If all it takes is hard work, every donkey would be in the Kentucky Derby.”

That’s right! So read the next edition’s article for the next piece to this complex puzzle.

Kristen
02-02-2004, 08:24 AM
Hallo, Pavel-Fans, did you see that part in the Ferrero-match when he almost ran into the refrigerator and then offered some "ice-cream" to the crowd? After that he climbed into the refrigerator. That shows what a funny person he is. I´m sorry he lost that match, but it´s nice to see him coming back after his injuries.

hehe it was very funny! At the time I was sitting next to an absolute twit. An Australian JCF fan who said, and I quote "I think if this Andre guy loses, he's gonna be a very sore loser". T-W-I-T! Ah George if only you were there at the time you could've knocked some sense into the halfwit. Oh wait...you had better seats :)

Kristen.

Action Jackson
02-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Bjorkman_Girl
hehe it was very funny! At the time I was sitting next to an absolute twit. An Australian JCF fan who said, and I quote "I think if this Andre guy loses, he's gonna be a very sore loser". T-W-I-T! Ah George if only you were there at the time you could've knocked some sense into the halfwit. Oh wait...you had better seats

Yes, it was one of the funniest incidents in the whole Australian Open. Björkie it would have been a huge honour to knock some sense into another moronic halfwit. Btw, Pavel had quite a big party after he lost, I am not sure if that means he was a sore loser about his match.

Only marginally better seats :yeah:

Anca
02-05-2004, 09:25 AM
There's a preview of the ROM-SUI match and a very nice interview with Andrei Pavel on the Davis Cup site, www.daviscup.com.

Corredian's_Mind
02-10-2004, 05:51 PM
wow goog look at this pic: just almost perfect :worship:

Iza
02-21-2004, 10:01 PM
he didn't play THAT well in the dc tho :sad:

Corredian's_Mind
03-10-2004, 08:09 AM
andrei is gonna play karlovic in the first rounf of IW and so probably federer later :s

wish him luck!

Iza
03-13-2004, 09:09 PM
he beat karlovic and is playing rogi for the 4ht time this season! :eek:

Corredian's_Mind
03-14-2004, 11:53 AM
he can do it....good luck!!!!!!:)

Iza
03-18-2004, 01:38 PM
poor him!

Iza
03-24-2004, 06:03 AM
he's playing a qualifier in the 1st round at Miami and he could set up an encounter with Hewitt in the 3rd round! But first he will have to pass the 1st round, then get past 10th seeded Nicolas Massu of Chile, who, imho, is not a rubbish player at all, actually he is really good, only his start of year was kinda disastrous (like Schuettler's). HAI ANDREI!

sam
03-27-2004, 01:35 PM
He beat Massu! :woohoo: I think this is a very good win over the number 10 seed. The score was 7-6, 6-1. Good luck in the next round, Andrei :kiss:

Anca
03-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Great interview with Andrei after beating Hewitt:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=467601&postcount=89

... go after the Hewitt part ;).

Smart
04-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Does Pavel have a girlfriend or a wife and do they have children? What's the name of his wife?

Anca
04-06-2004, 08:23 AM
From www.atptennis.com:

'Wife, Simone (married Aug. 19, 1994); daughter, Caroline Elena (born July 19, 1999); son, Marius (born June 5, 2002)'

Smart
04-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Thanks.

Iza
04-10-2004, 09:35 PM
marius is one of my fave romanian names.

Iza
04-15-2004, 09:58 AM
HURAY! Andrei is in the quarters of the Houston Open and will play either Davide Sanguinetti or James Blake!!!

sam
04-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Andrei in to the semis :woohoo: he had a very good 6-4, 6-4 win over James Blake :D
In the semis he plays another comback kid, Tommy Haas. They have played 6 times, and it's 3-3, but Tommy leads on clay 2-1.
Go Andrei! :D

Alan
04-18-2004, 02:37 AM
WOW, pavel and his coach sound like really GOOD guys

RoddickPride
04-20-2004, 01:07 AM
I really hope Andrei wins a title this year. I think he really deserves it!

sam
04-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Andrei lost to Tommy, but it was a very tight and tommy then beat Roddick, so there was no disgrace.

sam
04-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Andrei won his first round match, in the Monte carlo tournie, which is, as we know, a master's series tournie, where there are lots of points. Let's hope he continues his good form in to round 2!

Corredian's_Mind
04-22-2004, 05:40 PM
From www.atptennis.com:

'Wife, Simone (married Aug. 19, 1994); daughter, Caroline Elena (born July 19, 1999); son, Marius (born June 5, 2002)'

:eek: 1994 it says?????!!! how old was he? i mean he was young, no? :sad: lol

Iza
04-27-2004, 02:21 PM
He's out in the 1st round in Munchen :sad:

sam
05-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Andrei is in to the quarters of the masters series in Rome :woohoo:
He beat Hewitt in round 2 :yeah: and in round 3 beat karlovic, another good win :D
Reach the semis!!

Pink Panther
05-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Good Luck against Moya!!! :D :clap2:

Iza
05-07-2004, 08:17 PM
oh no, moya leads 2-0. hopefully andrei will win

Iza
05-07-2004, 09:03 PM
he lost :crying2: in 47 minutes!!!!

sam
05-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Andrei bouced back, though :D He won his first round match in germany :D
And he's up to 13 in the champions race. Good work!

Corredian's_Mind
05-14-2004, 08:31 AM
he lost to ljubicic 64 46 36....but well he had a nice week in roma and a third round in hamburg isn't bad at all. it's true that he's #13 in the race!!! :D

keep going andrei :)

Tricky_Forehand
05-14-2004, 07:30 PM
He pulled out of doubles claiming his right wrist. I'm hoping that was just an excuse or a precaution.

Iza
05-14-2004, 08:28 PM
i think it was: i mean he's 30! he gets tired easier than a 20 year-old does obv! So why bother with the doubles! He is getting prepared for Roland Garros!

Corredian's_Mind
05-19-2004, 06:03 PM
i hope he will be great in rg...he really deserves it! remeber, he did a SF against corretja( another old one!) in 2002! and he has a pretty good game on clay!
so andrei: go on!!!

Corredian's_Mind
05-21-2004, 04:25 PM
hello all!

andrei will play Oscar hernandez a spanish player.wel best of luck to him!!! :D

Snoopy_Girl
05-21-2004, 04:30 PM
He's such an underrated player. I would love for him to win the first round and then meet Misha Youzhny in the second :bounce: ... Go Andrei :woohoo:

Iza
06-02-2004, 06:44 AM
Unfortch he lost TOO early in this tournament :sad: ! I hope he will have a better grass-court season!

Ioana
07-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Andrei had a great match in Stuttgart 6-1 6-1 against Ulihrach :D Good luck to him !!
Difficult next round - Davydenko ....

sam
07-17-2004, 02:08 PM
Andrei's in a bit of a slump. He wins one round in a tournament and then loses the next. He'll break out of it soon. :)

Iza
07-18-2004, 08:35 PM
He seems like he's out of gas. hope I'm wrong

MissPovaFan
07-18-2004, 09:05 PM
I do hope he pulls out of the slump and continues on his way towards the top 10 :D

CooCooCachoo
07-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Andrei is capable of more than he is showing at the moment. He is such a great player. I hope he can get himself back together! :yeah:

Iza
10-16-2004, 08:32 AM
Where are all the Pavel fans :wavey: ?

Sandra
11-23-2004, 07:24 PM
here

Sophie2000
11-27-2004, 02:04 PM
and here...

:)

CooCooCachoo
11-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Andrei :worship: is the top seed at the Mauritius Challenger the coming week :D

Iza
03-07-2005, 10:11 AM
wooooohooooooo Andrei was amazing in the DC :woohoo:

Iza
03-07-2005, 10:11 AM
He beat Mirnyi and Voltchkov :rocker2: just great :worship:

Wednesday Addams
03-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Andrei is such a sweetheart! :kiss:
He played very well in the match against Mirnyi! :bounce: :banana:

Peta Pan
03-07-2005, 11:47 AM
This made my day!! Of course from Australia I wasn't able to see the matches, but I followed them on the DC scoreboard and I'm so excited that he played such a big part in the win!

GO ANDREI!!!!!!! :inlove:

Action Jackson
03-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Well done Andrei, time to do well in the TMS events.

Wednesday Addams
03-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Indian Wells next! :dance: :bounce:
Too bad the channel I used to watch all the TMS's on doesn't cover them any more.... :ras:

LuCaS@ro
04-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Hi there :wavey:
I've been a member for a few months now, but focused more on wtaworld. I want to change that and this is the place to "start" ;) cheering for Romania's best atm, Andrei.
Good luck in 2005 :bounce:

LuCaS@ro
04-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Andrei is in the final of Munich :bigclap:
He disposed in SF of Tomi Haas 6-4,6-7,6-4 :woohoo:
Possible opponent is Nalbandian
Good luck Andrei ! To your first title in 2005 :D

Iza
04-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Hey Lucas :wavey: !
Are you from Romania?
If yes, you are most welcome to check out the "Dulce-i graiu' romanesc" thread in the Non-tennis area :) .

Andrei :woohoo: ! Great job against Haas! Good luck tomorrow!

LuCaS@ro
07-18-2005, 08:35 AM
:wavey: Iza
Late, but better than never ;)

Sugar Kane
07-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Helllllooooo Luci :wavey: :devil: :ras:

Mara_M
07-29-2005, 10:14 PM
do u know what i like aboout pavel?he never stops 2 invent new obscene words...he always surprise me..i hope i'm allowed 2 say this:-p..but he is very funny..really..i laughed a lot atone of his trainings...

Mara_M
07-29-2005, 10:16 PM
do u know romanian iza?

Sugar Kane
07-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Yep she does and so do I, come to our thread "Dulce-i graiu' romanesc"

Mara_M
07-29-2005, 11:09 PM
very sweet our language..145 pages&coming...

Sugar Kane
07-29-2005, 11:14 PM
don't speak dirty in here :haha:

Mara_M
07-30-2005, 12:13 AM
where did i?

Sugar Kane
07-30-2005, 12:18 AM
You said "&coming" :p And of course I was kidding :)

Mara_M
07-30-2005, 12:21 AM
& coming more posts of course..what was u thinking...???

Sugar Kane
07-30-2005, 12:23 AM
Kidding, like I said :haha:

Mara_M
07-30-2005, 12:25 AM
i still dk what u're thinking..

Sugar Kane
07-30-2005, 12:42 AM
I can't tell you here, my thinking really was :devil:

Mara_M
07-30-2005, 12:05 PM
I can't tell you here, my thinking really was :devil:
that means i don't want 2 hear it... :angel: anyway u know my mail :secret:

Sugar Kane
07-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Lol, I don't know, how old are you? :p

Mara_M
07-30-2005, 05:28 PM
still minore..16 years

Sugar Kane
07-30-2005, 08:28 PM
I knew it! No telling then :angel:

Mara_M
07-30-2005, 09:25 PM
if u want 2 protect my brain...it's impossible...i'm in a class with 21 boys :-d

Sugar Kane
07-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Ask them, I'm being an :angel:

Mara_M
07-30-2005, 10:35 PM
i'll ask lucas :devil:

Sugar Kane
07-31-2005, 12:11 PM
he has no clue, he's a monk :angel:

Mara_M
07-31-2005, 01:22 PM
monk=calugar??...i really doubt abuit it

Sugar Kane
07-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Of course not, he's a PC, and u know what that means ;)

Mara_M
07-31-2005, 02:23 PM
poor lucas..he has dissapointed the grl...i mean u sugar:)

Mara_M
07-31-2005, 02:24 PM
but the thread was about andrei pavel not about pc&snakes..no?

Sugar Kane
07-31-2005, 06:21 PM
poor lucas..he has dissapointed the grl...i mean u sugar:)
Wot??? Sure, but all the time, not something in particular, he's pregnant and he's moody :rolleyes:
And no one ever posts anything about Andrei.... :hysteric:

Mara_M
07-31-2005, 09:31 PM
i'll post now..he won the final;)

Peta Pan
08-10-2005, 11:40 AM
I feel like such a crap fan coz I didn't realise he'd won this doubles title until just now :eek::eek::eek:

Doubles just doesn't get enough recognition :(

YAY Andrei, I still love you... really!

joyk
08-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Doubles just doesn't get enough recognition
I know,it sucks.

Mara_M
08-12-2005, 08:51 PM
what do u mean..doubles has the same recognison as singels:d...just u didn't paied atention:p

Sugar Kane
08-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Sooo.... Andrei is playing that freckled thing at the USO and our very own Sandee is supporting the wrong team! :(
Hai Andrei! :aparty: :bounce:

scythe19pro
08-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Can't stand Murray SugarK? Well, I picked him to beat Pavel in my PAW. :devil:

Sugar Kane
08-28-2005, 05:51 PM
:ras: Dana you little traitor :p

scythe19pro
08-28-2005, 05:55 PM
I'll be happy if Pavel wins. I can lose a PAW. But I think Murray will win. That's why I chose him.

Sugar Kane
08-28-2005, 06:00 PM
He will NOT!!!! :fiery: Pieze rele :nerner:

scythe19pro
08-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Little question here (maybe even stupid): de ce tr. sa vb. in engl? ca suntem numai de-ai nostri p-aici.

joyk
08-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Can't stand Murray SugarK? Well, I picked him to beat Pavel in my PAW. :devil:
:o :mad:

scythe19pro
08-28-2005, 09:45 PM
would u chill? it's not like i'm cheering against him.

Mara_M
08-29-2005, 08:30 PM
offf....i was sure that pavel will play either murray or flo...2 upset sandee or sugar:p..i think pavel will win!sorry for u're paw scythe:D

Sugar Kane
08-30-2005, 07:36 AM
My point exactly!!! :fiery:

scythe19pro
08-30-2005, 07:41 AM
see my post above SugarK

scythe19pro
08-30-2005, 07:43 AM
i'm sure all of u will laugh in my face if pavel wins. So what? Go ahead. :)

Mara_M
08-30-2005, 12:50 PM
it's not about laughing in u're face scythe...just i don't think andy is so good..well..neither pavel,but he has more experience!anyway...u'll laugh in our face is andy wins:rolls:!

scythe19pro
08-30-2005, 01:24 PM
lol Miruna :lol:

Mara_M
08-30-2005, 02:31 PM
i'm a genious:rolls:
ps:don't belive me:lol:

Sugar Kane
08-30-2005, 03:38 PM
see my post above SugarK
You're a traitor in your heart, no matter what you tell us! :rolleyes: :p

scythe19pro
08-30-2005, 03:42 PM
yeah, well, good luck Pavel! you'll need it. And i'm not just talking about his match against Murray. He has R16 to defend and I don't think he can do that. He's already at 39 in Entry, and he'll go down if he doesn't repeat his last year performance. Hanescu on the other hand has nothing to defend, and after USO we may have a new no.1 Romanian. But neither one of them can go far because they have Federer in their draw. :(
Again, good luck to both.

scythe19pro
08-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Sugar, u broke my heart. U called me a traitor. :sad: What can I do to make it up to you?

Mara_M
08-30-2005, 03:56 PM
scythe.u're not a traitor..u're just practical&pesimisthik....well..pavel is no2 in the poll about surprises in usopen...why is federer so "the big men who u must be afraid of"..he is not invincible..but anyone gets scared about his name&fame!

Sugar Kane
08-30-2005, 03:57 PM
I said "traitor :p"!!!!I still :inlove: you dana!

Sugar Kane
08-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Sugar, u broke my heart. U called me a traitor. :sad: What can I do to make it up to you?
I saw this after Miruna's post - nothing, I was freaking kidding ;)

scythe19pro
08-30-2005, 04:00 PM
ileana :kiss: :hug:

Mara_M
08-30-2005, 04:01 PM
we all love eich other even they bet agains us..sounds shaeksperian:lol:

Sugar Kane
08-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Love is in the aiirrrrrr.... everywhere you look around... :inlove:

Mara_M
08-30-2005, 04:10 PM
especilly about u & doug :lol:

Sugar Kane
08-30-2005, 04:24 PM
especilly about u & doug :lol:
I see someone has told you nonsense :rolleyes:

Mara_M
08-30-2005, 04:42 PM
no sugar..nobody told me nothing..just u're always talking 2 him!

Sugar Kane
08-30-2005, 04:54 PM
So???? I'm always talking to my girlfriend from high school too!

Mara_M
08-30-2005, 05:12 PM
it's a grl!

Sugar Kane
08-30-2005, 05:18 PM
it's a grl!
You call me a pervert but you're the one thinking about nonsense now :ras:

Mara_M
08-30-2005, 05:39 PM
i meant she is a grl it's not the same thing..doug is a boy&u can:inlove:

Sugar Kane
08-30-2005, 06:04 PM
i meant she is a grl it's not the same thing..doug is a boy&u can:inlove:
Yes he is a boy and no I cannot :angel:

Mara_M
08-30-2005, 06:20 PM
let me deram,k?anyway u can't convince me!

Sugar Kane
08-30-2005, 07:06 PM
let me deram,k?anyway u can't convince me!
Dream on, girl :yeah: You can't convince me either :p

Mara_M
09-01-2005, 04:52 PM
sugar,now u're boticelli's venus?

Sugar Kane
09-02-2005, 02:58 PM
No, I'm a blurry sketch by LDV! :angel:

Mara_M
09-05-2005, 04:37 PM
ldv=leonardo (di caprio:D) da vici,no?i didn't know the painting:p..and i like ldv:rolls:!

Sugar Kane
09-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Da Vinci, yes, and it's just a sketch for a painting :angel:

Mara_M
09-06-2005, 09:29 AM
he didn't finish a lot of paintings!he liked 2 sketch&study!

Sugar Kane
09-06-2005, 12:54 PM
He was a Renaissance man, he had a busy schedule :lol:

Mara_M
09-06-2005, 10:49 PM
yeap..painter,doctor,astrologist,anatomist,chemist ,religious!busy man:lol:

Sugar Kane
09-07-2005, 12:26 PM
:aplot: Dunno about the religion thing!!! But this is waaay off-topic :lol:

Mara_M
09-07-2005, 01:06 PM
well..pavel is not so interestin..u didn't know about he was part of a religious secta?about keeping secrets about jesus!da vinci code!:lol:
anyway..to get on topic..pavel-trifu in rom open doubles!

Sugar Kane
09-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Well, good luck to them :rolleyes: :lol:

Mara_M
09-08-2005, 12:50 PM
neah...i think they'll lose:rolls:!

Peta Pan
09-08-2005, 02:12 PM
I feel like such a crap fan coz I didn't realise he'd won this doubles title until just now :eek::eek::eek:

Doubles just doesn't get enough recognition :(

YAY Andrei, I still love you... really!
See Mara I DID post :p

This was a few weeks ago when I really did miss the result of the doubles at Kitz.... Australians really don't get tennis news other than that of Aussies and Grand Slams. I know I should have looked for the result on the net.... I'm bad :(

I wish them good luck in Bucharest and I love Trifu too :)

Mara_M
09-08-2005, 05:40 PM
well...:wavey:hy peta pan!i don't like trifu,but is my opinion!i've seen him in person!..well hope 2 see u here next week wil be hot thread!

Peta Pan
09-08-2005, 06:55 PM
:wavey:

I only became a big Pavel fan in January, which is sad coz I missed following him for most of his career. In January, at the Aust Open I went up to him while he was waiting to practice and asked if I could take a photo of him and he said "No". I got rather freaked out and starting backing away before I realised he was smiling. He kept smiling and said "take a photo" :lol: Then I got an autograph as well and really, it was one of my funniest and best AO moments ever!!

Trifu, I only really knew this year... after I became an Andrei fan. But after seeing photos I realise I've seen him around before.

Mara_M
09-08-2005, 11:47 PM
:lol: peta....he has done the same thing to my friends after they had had a big run in snow to take the camera who was home!it was at davis cup romania-france!he uses to make jokes:banana:!too bad u can't be here on rom open!

Peta Pan
09-09-2005, 02:58 AM
:lol: I can believe it, such a joker. On his way to his practice he was yelling out joking to all the other players on other courts as well.

I am also sorry I can't be at the Rom Open, but I only have 4 months to go til the Aust Open again :D

cc2monac
09-09-2005, 12:18 PM
hi everyone
I'm new here and this is my first post...I wanted it to be on a thread about andrei cause I simply loooooooove him sooooo much he is the sweeter guy on the earth...
that's all I have to say
bye everyone

Sugar Kane
09-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Hi cc2monac :kiss: :hug: I'm glad you dedicated your first post to our boy, have a great time here at MTF :wavey:

Mara_M
09-09-2005, 01:55 PM
:lol: I can believe it, such a joker. On his way to his practice he was yelling out joking to all the other players on other courts as well.

I am also sorry I can't be at the Rom Open, but I only have 4 months to go til the Aust Open again :D
counting down the days,no? ;) i saw some trainings of andrei at rom open and it was very funny..i should stick in there this year too... nasatase is funny too! :angel:

Mara_M
09-09-2005, 02:01 PM
hi everyone
I'm new here and this is my first post...I wanted it to be on a thread about andrei cause I simply loooooooove him sooooo much he is the sweeter guy on the earth...
that's all I have to say
bye everyone
:wavey: hy cc2monac...good 2 see there are andrei's fans all over the world! :angel: hope 2 c u around very often! :wavey:

cc2monac
09-09-2005, 02:06 PM
thanks mara m...you can be sure to see me again...when it's for andrei I'm always here

Mara_M
09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
my name is miruna cc2monac!:wavey:!i would be here 2 cheer andrei everyday!

scythe19pro
09-09-2005, 03:26 PM
hi everyone
that's all I have to say
bye everyone
:wavey: welcome to MTF! Happy posting! :kiss:

cc2monac
09-09-2005, 03:38 PM
thanks everyone! I can see that andrei's fan are as sweet as him
miruna...my name is cindy...I see that you are rouman...you must learn me some little things for me to tell them to andrei the next time I'll see him ;)

Mara_M
09-09-2005, 04:11 PM
of course cindy!what do u want to know?if u want we can speek on msn or yahoo!u're sweet too:hug:!

Peta Pan
09-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Welcome to MTF Cindy :wavey: Nice to see another international Andrei fan (I'm Australian). This thread was so quiet for ages before the lovely Romanians brought it back to life :yeah:

Anyone can feel free to add me to msn too if they like as my address is in my profile.

Sugar Kane
09-09-2005, 06:34 PM
hey Cindy and Peta :hug: Great to have you here :bounce:

cc2monac
09-09-2005, 08:26 PM
it's good to see that andrei has soooo much great fans!

Sugar Kane
09-09-2005, 08:31 PM
it's good to see that andrei has soooo much great fans!
Well I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I am Romanian and thus part of the cheering squad :aparty: True, he is such a nice guy too, difficult not to like him.

cc2monac
09-09-2005, 08:36 PM
that's exactly what I think!!!

Mara_M
09-09-2005, 09:20 PM
cindy..u have promised me something;)!make a special thread for this so we can all post something funny about andrei!

Peta Pan
09-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone, for those who didn't see my Australian Open photos when I first took them and want to see my Andrei ones, I have just uploaded all the better ones to the photo gallery section here :D

Mara_M
09-25-2005, 01:29 PM
post here peta pls!it's easyer!

Peta Pan
09-25-2005, 01:31 PM
uh but there are about 20 of the things :o

Actually I lied.. I have about 20 but I only uploaded 12

Mara_M
09-26-2005, 12:30 PM
it doesn't matter..upload the best ones:lick:!i can't wait;)

Peta Pan
09-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Ok, you asked for it... I'm posting all 12. Sorry for those with slow connections :eek: Here are the first 6, the other 6 coming up :)

And Miruna - you visited the galleries to look at Igor pics coz I saw a comment there when I just posted my Igor photos :p

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/521/AndreiPavel17.JPG http://img2.menstennisforums.com/521/AndreiPavel18.JPG http://img2.menstennisforums.com/521/AndreiPavel13.JPG http://img2.menstennisforums.com/521/AndreiPavel15.JPG http://img2.menstennisforums.com/521/AndreiPavel08.JPG http://img2.menstennisforums.com/521/AndreiPavel11.JPG

Peta Pan
09-26-2005, 02:04 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/521/AndreiPavel12.jpg http://img2.menstennisforums.com/521/AndreiPavel02.JPG http://img2.menstennisforums.com/521/AndreiPavel03.JPG http://img2.menstennisforums.com/521/AndreiPavel04.jpg http://img2.menstennisforums.com/521/AndreiPavel05.jpg http://img2.menstennisforums.com/521/AndreiPavel00.JPG

Peta Pan
09-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Ok the last one above was the famous photo where he said "no" to me when I asked for a photo - it turned out so sweet LOL

Here is my other favourite one of course (for obvious reasons ;))

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/Peta_pj/Australian%20Open%202005/AndreiPavelme.jpg

Mara_M
09-26-2005, 02:30 PM
:hug::hug::hug:10x peta.....those pics are great!

pls pls link for igor's pics!i don't acutally know how to find them!shame on me!

Mara_M
09-26-2005, 02:38 PM
oh..u've said i've been there?yes i have.....looking for igor!

Peta Pan
09-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Yes, so you could have searched for my Andrei ones too :p:p

It's ok lol

Here is the link to my 4 Igor pics that I just posted - they are all very similiar photos, but they are better than nothing :)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=670

Mara_M
09-26-2005, 03:28 PM
:crazy: about the pix....thanks peta:hug:!

scythe19pro
09-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Great pics Peta Pan :wavey:

Mara_M
09-27-2005, 01:50 PM
don't u have more peta?

Peta Pan
09-27-2005, 03:20 PM
I have some, but I posted these coz they were all my best ones... I didn't think of my other Andrei ones as very good.

Mara_M
09-27-2005, 05:13 PM
anyway thanks peta!:hug:

Deea
10-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Great pics indeed! thank you! :yeah:

scythe19pro
10-06-2005, 02:40 PM
he lost to Seppi today :sad:
Good luck in Moscow Andrei !!

Mara_M
10-06-2005, 04:14 PM
:shout:seppi..who he thinks he is?2 razvan and now andrei:fiery:!

Sugar Kane
10-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Is this thread dying? :sad:

Peta Pan
10-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Only coz no one posts here :p

Yay Andrei won :bounce:

Sugar Kane
10-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Only coz no one posts here :p

Yay Andrei won :bounce:
See, you're a true fan, we just like him bbecause he's Romanian :o
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Mara_M
10-25-2005, 05:10 PM
well peta..i would post here is someone replys me:rolleyes:...pavel won yesterday:banana:!

Peta Pan
10-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Ok today was about the closest I've ever come to crying during a match :sad:

I was asleep for most of the first set THANK GOODNESS but the bit I saw was enough to upset me :(

Peta Pan
10-31-2005, 06:02 PM
See, you're a true fan, we just like him bbecause he's Romanian :o
:hug: :hug: :hug:
hahaha and I'm Australian and I don't like ANY of the Australian guys since Rafter retired!!

Mara_M
10-31-2005, 07:08 PM
peta is australian...i don't like australian players too:hug:...but andrei is fun..lovely pic in u're sig peta;)!

cc2monac
11-01-2005, 09:13 AM
I was at andrei's match yesterday...he was playing realy great but well...sometimes there is nothing to do...esp when haas serves like this
anyway andrei wasn't too much sad at all cause he told me "oh...that's nothing"
I'm sorry I didn't take photo during the match cause my sister didn't give me the camera...but I have some with him I'll post one even if it's not the best pic in the world because andrei and I was talking...this guy cannot stop talking

what can I say more?....miruna I kissed him two times the second one I asked him but the frst one he aproched his head for me to kiss him and said hello
he also shake my hand 3 times so everyone here can imagine how happy I am
what's more? well I think it's all

http://img358.imageshack.us/my.php?image=copiede311020050368gg.jpg

joyk
11-01-2005, 04:07 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Mara_M
11-01-2005, 06:47 PM
omg cindy!twice?was it an megaofert:lol:?!i wouldn't dare:o!u're lucky u had the courage!molodets to u..have u said him hello from romania?i mean buna;)!i wait to tell me the entire history on messenger;););)!

cc2monac
11-01-2005, 07:31 PM
i told him "andrei...my friend miruna who is from romania like you (as if he didn't know it!!!!) says buna!!" then he told me something in romanian but I didn't understand it at all...sorry
I told him too "she tries to learn me romanian but I'm too much bad..."
anyway he was happy that I told him smthg in his language cause he gave me a big smile!!! so THANKS!!!!!

yeah two times!!! but I must thx you for that too cause when we talked about it I told you that I will try to kiss him...it gave me a lot of courage

Mara_M
11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
thanks a lot cindy:hug:...i'm so happy for you:bounce:.i'm always so happy when a player is so nice to one of my friends:D:d!omg i'm stil :bounce:ing all over my room:D!

Peta Pan
01-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Just pulling this thread up since I'm SOOOO happy with Andrei's win over Moya today :banana: He showed such great fight in the 5th set and I'm so proud of him today! He got frustrated and hit a ball out of the court so far that it landed in Margaret Court Arena :o and he got a little bit angry, but stayed focused enough to win... and he even corrected a bad call and conceded a point to Moya at a crucial time so the umpire changed the score :yeah:

About an hour before his match I found him training and I was the only one watching so it was really easy to get my photo with him from last year autographed :banana: I wished him the very best of luck for today and he had a big smile and said thankyou... so I will consider myself a good luck charm :p

joyk
01-16-2006, 04:01 PM
and he even corrected a bad call and conceded a point to Moya at a crucial time so the umpire changed the score

That`s great.

Mara_M
01-16-2006, 08:44 PM
so fair-play andrei!love him:)!thank you sweetie,thanks for the sms too:hug:!can't wait the rest!

Diana_rom
01-17-2006, 11:03 AM
So happy for Andrei I did not know he won the first round.Peta you are so lucky to live in Australia and to have the opportunity to see Andrei and so many great players.Thanx for the pictures.Who is he going to meet in the second round?

Peta Pan
01-17-2006, 01:03 PM
No problem :D There are more pics I have taken yesterday and today (I saw him training today) but I have to fix up the photos first :eek:

He signed my Romanian hat today.... my 4th Andrei autograph and 2nd in 2 days :p

Congratulated him on his match today and told him it was awesome :D

Tomorrow he plays Santoro in the first match of the day... I'll be nervous again, but I'm proud that he's made it to round 2 since I was convinced Moya would beat him!

:hug: Andrei :hug:

Diana_rom
01-17-2006, 02:18 PM
No problem :D There are more pics I have taken yesterday and today (I saw him training today) but I have to fix up the photos first :eek:

He signed my Romanian hat today.... my 4th Andrei autograph and 2nd in 2 days :p

Congratulated him on his match today and told him it was awesome :D

Tomorrow he plays Santoro in the first match of the day... I'll be nervous again, but I'm proud that he's made it to round 2 since I was convinced Moya would beat him!

:hug: Andrei :hug:
Wow,how nice,you have a Romanian hat?when will you come in Romania?
I'm so glad for your autographs and picture and can't wait to see them(if you'll be so kind and share them) :kiss:
Though match will be with Santoro indeed,but we have faith and will cheer him.Go Andrei!!! :bounce:

Peta Pan
01-17-2006, 03:26 PM
I hope to get there on a European tour in a few years time, but I may not. I bought the hat to support Andrei and the Romanian gymnasts when I went to the Gym World Championships in November.

Of course I will be sharing the photos when I have them ready :yeah:
I can't wait to show them :)

Also just looked up the doubles draw and he's playing doubles with Hanescu (who I also got the autograph of when he was watching Andrei's match the other day). I thought it was fantastic that they were playing doubles... until I realised that they have drawn the Bryan Brothers in the first round :bigcry: Andrei won the Auckland doubles on the weekend and I thought he might have a chance of going a bit further here again too :(

Mara_M
01-17-2006, 11:05 PM
:bigcry:bryan brothers!!
]peta,how nice!such a shame u didn't got on msn today,i had loats of things to ask u!
haide andrei!!next time tell him miruna from romania says hi:lol:!pls!he is a nice guy,he will probablly reply in romanian:lol:!