ESPN USA Sucks .. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ESPN USA Sucks ..

wowfed
11-19-2005, 02:20 AM
They are not showing Masters cup semi finals live tomorrow. Instead they are showing it recorded at 11.00 p.m in the night.. Baseball season is over but I don't know what bloddy game is going on at 6.00 a.m in the morning which is a bigger priority than the Masters cup.. Damnn.. ESPN USA should feck themselves.. :mad: :fiery: :mad:

squirtkb97
11-19-2005, 02:23 AM
If the schedule on their website is correct, the final is going to be tape-delayed too.

peripheral
11-19-2005, 02:24 AM
Baseball season is over but I don't know what bloddy game is going on at 6.00 a.m in the morning which is a bigger priority than the Masters cup..

Apparently fishing (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/schedule?date=20051119&network=02&sport=all) :rolleyes:

PaulieM
11-19-2005, 02:24 AM
i thought we already knew they sucked ass. :shrug:

wowfed
11-19-2005, 02:25 AM
What fishing.. :confused:

Its damn fecking cold in the east coast
Forest fires in the west coast
Tornados in the midwest
Hurricanes in the south...

wowfed
11-19-2005, 02:26 AM
If the schedule on their website is correct, the final is going to be tape-delayed too.
Really... Thats terrible... Why can't they show it live ? They can always show recorded later for all sleeping angels..

peripheral
11-19-2005, 02:29 AM
Really... Thats terrible... Why can't they show it live ? They can always show recorded later for all sleeping angels..

Because they're showing the taped semifinals while the final is being played in Shanghai.

naiwen
11-19-2005, 02:31 AM
Do these commentators (Dick, PMac, Cliff, ...) have email address?

case
11-19-2005, 02:42 AM
i thought we already knew they sucked ass. :shrug:

My thoughts exactly.

savesthedizzle
11-19-2005, 02:45 AM
What? ESPN SUCKS? This is news to me!! I've never heard this before! :rolleyes:

wowfed
11-19-2005, 03:32 AM
What? ESPN SUCKS? This is news to me!! I've never heard this before! :rolleyes:
:banghead: Ok ESPN USA Sucks .... again...

tangerine_dream
11-19-2005, 03:51 AM
Go ESPN! :rocker:

rofe
11-19-2005, 04:42 AM
Hey, hey don't criticize ESPN - they actually had pretty good coverage of the majors (and even some European ATP tournaments) even though only one American was present in the latter stages in three of them.

I agree that ESPN should have atleast telecast the final live but I am happy they are willing to show it at all. It is a ratings game after all and if fishing is more popular than tennis then god help us.

howardean
11-19-2005, 04:48 AM
i think that espn showing this years' masters (with all of the withdrawals and lack of interesting/identifiable players) is enough to be grateful for. just don't find out the result until the broadcast starts and it's exactly the same effect! as long as espn continues to have sportscenter (which it always has and will) and its excellent coverage of wimbledon (not sure about the other two), i'll be happy.

but fishing??? :rolleyes: who watches that?

TenHound
11-19-2005, 05:25 AM
Gotta agree w/Howardean. I don't see why yo'all get so bent out of shape. What the hell is great about getting up @3am to watch it. I did that once this week, and it was Miserable. Prime Time Sat. night is Far Superior. Just stay off web sports sites til afterwards. Big Deal. And what's not to like about a Sunday Noon Final - sure beats the 5am RG Final!

NYCtennisfan
11-19-2005, 05:45 AM
Gotta agree w/Howardean. I don't see why yo'all get so bent out of shape. What the hell is great about getting up @3am to watch it. I did that once this week, and it was Miserable. Prime Time Sat. night is Far Superior. Just stay off web sports sites til afterwards. Big Deal. And what's not to like about a Sunday Noon Final - sure beats the 5am RG Final!

Yep. They are going to get more people at the time they plan to show it. Fishing is actually quite popular (relatively speaking) on Saturday mornings. They showed all the matches live last year and the year before when it was in Houston.

Federerhingis
11-19-2005, 07:45 AM
When hasnt it sucked? :shrug: I've given up on them. :rolleyes:

Bluemoon
11-19-2005, 08:03 AM
They didn't show us any Puerta's matches, did they?
I'm really mad at them.

Mechlan
11-19-2005, 09:27 AM
I've got to disagree. Watching a match tape-delayed is just not the same. Ask a fan of a popular sport to wait more than 12 hours to watch a tape-delayed match and be prepared to get laughed at. Bottom line, I'm glad they're at least showing it, but to say that it could be better is an understatement.

avocadoe
11-19-2005, 01:04 PM
bottom line is the problem, as they will show the score as you watch, lol...anyway, better than nothing for sure...What time do they play the final in Sahnghai tomorrow. I was hoping it would also be at 7 pm local time so I can follw it on the Internet??? Can anyone tell me?

wowfed
11-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Is there any website where I can watch the finals live ?

avocadoe
11-19-2005, 01:10 PM
okay just figured it out...not before 4 pm local, that is 3am et, midnight where I am...YAWN...might have to wait for the broadcast on TV, darn...since I was up at 3am pt today for the match, no chance I'll be awake at midnight, yawn...

avocadoe
11-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Is there any website where I can watch the finals live ?
if you mean follow scores, yes...the master's cup website has a decent scoreboard, and eurosport has some commentary... :wavey:

also on mtf Sunday oops under Shangghai tournament, a couple of posters will be watching live!!!!

wowfed
11-19-2005, 01:15 PM
if you mean follow scores, yes...the master's cup website has a decent scoreboard, and eurosport has some commentary... :wavey:

also on mtf Sunday oops under Shangghai tournament, a couple of posters will be watching live!!!!
Nope .. I meant watching it online. I've heard of some websites where they video stream the live coverage of the matches. Do you guys know of any such websites ?

R.Federer
11-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Nope .. I meant watching it online. I've heard of some websites where they video stream the live coverage of the matches. Do you guys know of any such websites ?

pplive.com

But I do not know if they are showing tomorrow's match

wowfed
11-19-2005, 01:19 PM
pplive.com

But I do not know if they are showing tomorrow's match
Thanks.. but pplive.com is not opening up now.
and :eek: I can't read chinese. Where am I to click on *********** site... ? :confused:

nobama
11-19-2005, 01:29 PM
PMac and Cliffy probably didn't want to get up so early or come in so late on a weekend. Maybe if they actually would've sent them to Shanghai...at leat they'd get some sightseeing out of the trip!

sierra91
11-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Since Sharapova isn't in this tournament, the usual acronym for ESPN is inapplicable, but that doesn't change how badly they suck. Nothing new. :banghead:

Does anyone know if they're going to show both semis tonight or just the first one?

rofe
11-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Since Sharapova isn't in this tournament, the usual acronym for ESPN is inapplicable, but that doesn't change how badly they suck. Nothing new. :banghead:

Does anyone know if they're going to show both semis tonight or just the first one?

It is a 4 hour slot so I am assuming that they will show both - or knowing ESPN - show a re-run of one of them. :mad:

sierra91
11-19-2005, 05:10 PM
It is a 4 hour slot so I am assuming that they will show both - or knowing ESPN - show a re-run of one of them. :mad:
:haha: :haha:

They'll probably rerun Sharapova/Davenport match from Indian Wells for the 100th time!

DJ dropshot
11-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks.. but pplive.com is not opening up now.
and :eek: I can't read chinese. Where am I to click on *********** site... ? :confused:

One of the easiest sites (I don't remember having to download anything) is http://www.coolstreaming.it/

Click on the black TV set that says web TV. Find "CCTV5 (3)"on the channel list when the viewer comes up. All matches were live today.

AlexNYR
11-19-2005, 05:17 PM
here is something better: the tennis channel will show the doubles final LIVE at midnight the same time espn is showing the sf on tape

DJ dropshot
11-19-2005, 05:20 PM
here is something better: the tennis channel will show the doubles final LIVE at midnight the same time espn is showing the sf on tape

TTC is the bees knees, and the doubles has been more entertaining than the singles this year IMO.

sierra91
11-19-2005, 05:25 PM
but fishing??? :rolleyes: who watches that? Cliff Drysdale and Patrick McEnroe

case
11-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Cliff Drysdale and Patrick McEnroe

:haha: Do you think the Disney influence has seeped into to moronic ESPN??

:topic: Love your avator- Now Johnny is sexy ---- NOT FEDERER. Maybe those federer fans have been hit in the head by too many tennis balls and have lost all reasoning about sex???

sierra91
11-19-2005, 08:32 PM
:haha: Do you think the Disney influence has seeped into to moronic ESPN?? Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck would to a better job than the programming clowns currently in ESPN's employ. An insult to the mouse and the duck and, perhaps, most of all, to Goofy, to put ESPN in the same category. :lol:

::topic: Love your avator- Now Johnny is sexy ---- NOT FEDERER. Maybe those federer fans have been hit in the head by too many tennis balls and have lost all reasoning about sex??? :topic: I beg to disagree, especially having seen Fed in Houston and Cincy ... he's about as sexy as they come. And, while I don't think anyone would disagree with the fact that Johnny is both a national and an international man of sexiness, Captain Jack is here in honor of my 13-year-old daughter who fell head-over-heels in love with him when POTC first came out. Her crush is still in full swing. She, of course, has no doubts that she'll marry Johnny one of these days. I suppose there's a sort of weird symmetry in my family ~ 13-year-old with crush on 42 Johnny Depp and her five decades old mom with crush on 24 year old RF :wavey:

HappyAndie
11-19-2005, 11:08 PM
So what time EST is CCTV-5 showing the final? If they'er showing it at all, of course.

case
11-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck would to a better job than the programming clowns currently in ESPN's employ. An insult to the mouse and the duck and, perhaps, most of all, to Goofy, to put ESPN in the same category. :lol:

:
I suppose there's a sort of weird symmetry in my family ~ 13-year-old with crush on 42 Johnny Depp and her five decades old mom with crush on 24 year old RF :wavey:

Thanks for your response. Still dont understand Federer and sexiness , but I completely understand the rest of it. Its not our fault that they still make cute, sexy, young men! :wavey:

You are also right about Mick and Don, and I do apologize to rodents and fowl eveywhere it was hurtful and mean - I crossed the line! I'll apologize to my dogs in person.

PaulieM
11-20-2005, 12:02 AM
:topic: I beg to disagree, especially having seen Fed in Houston and Cincy ... he's about as sexy as they come. And, while I don't think anyone would disagree with the fact that Johnny is both a national and an international man of sexiness, Captain Jack is here in honor of my 13-year-old daughter who fell head-over-heels in love with him when POTC first came out. Her crush is still in full swing. She, of course, has no doubts that she'll marry Johnny one of these days. I suppose there's a sort of weird symmetry in my family ~ 13-year-old with crush on 42 Johnny Depp and her five decades old mom with crush on 24 year old RF :wavey:
i'm one of the few women on earth that thinks johnny depp is far from sexy. *runs and hides from all the angry women* :bolt:

Federerhingis
11-20-2005, 12:08 AM
So what time EST is CCTV-5 showing the final? If they'er showing it at all, of course.

I know when will they have the matches online? I so wanna watch the final, I guess my sis will have to tape it for me and I'l watch it thursday afternoon.

I was only able to watch the Fed Nalbandian match, all the others were either showed at conflicting times or too early for me. On the east coast.

Anybody know?

wowfed
11-20-2005, 09:53 AM
One of the easiest sites (I don't remember having to download anything) is http://www.coolstreaming.it/

Click on the black TV set that says web TV. Find "CCTV5 (3)"on the channel list when the viewer comes up. All matches were live today.
Is this on cctv? For me its not coming up ?