Guga 2006 Schedule (first post contains updated schedule) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Guga 2006 Schedule (first post contains updated schedule)

shotgun
11-18-2005, 04:55 PM
To make it easier to follow his activity throughout the year.
I'll keep updating it as more news come up.

Pre-Season
08/Dec -- Desafio Petrobras - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
15/Dec -- Copa Argentina - Buenos Aires, Argentina

2006 Season
30/Jan -- Vina del Mar, Chile (ankle injury)
10/Feb -- Davis Cup AG I 1st Rd. - Peru vs. Brazil - Asia, Peru
13/Feb -- Buenos Aires, Argentina (ankle injury)
20/Feb -- Costa do Sauipe, Brazil
27/Feb -- Acapulco, Mexico (lack of fitness)
06/Mar -- Indian Wells TMS, California, U.S. (lack of fitness)
20/Mar -- Miami TMS, Florida, U.S. (hip injury)
07/Apr -- Davis Cup AG I 2nd Rd. - Ecuador vs. Brazil - Cuenca, Ecuador (hip injury)
10/Apr -- Valencia, Spain (hip injury)

Lee
11-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks Renato

Wojtek
12-07-2005, 07:45 AM
I hope he will play in Sopot :angel:

Billabong
12-07-2005, 12:10 PM
lol;)

Hagar
12-11-2005, 03:10 PM
No Australian? Well, he's never done well there. A bit to my surprise because that surface suits his game.

shotgun
12-11-2005, 04:07 PM
No Australian? Well, he's never done well there. A bit to my surprise because that surface suits his game.

Yeah, his best recent results have come on hard courts, but I think he's worried about his hips.

Lee
01-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Viña der Mar is the last event Guga can use protected ranking. Bueno Aires has issued a WC for Guga so he'll definitely play there. No doubt for Brazil Open. I guess Guga will need a WC for Acapulco too and he should have one as he's a former champion.

shotgun
01-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Viña der Mar is the last event Guga can use protected ranking. Bueno Aires has issued a WC for Guga so he'll definitely play there. No doubt for Brazil Open. I guess Guga will need a WC for Acapulco too and he should have one as he's a former champion.

Yes, I assume he's getting a WC in Acapulco, since their official site has already announced him.

star
01-07-2006, 01:47 AM
I'm hoping he comes on up to California after Acapulco. :)

Lee
01-18-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm a bit confused because it seems to me Guga use his protective ranking in Costa do Sauípe but need a WC for Bueno Aires the week before :confused:

shotgun
01-19-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm a bit confused because it seems to me Guga use his protective ranking in Costa do Sauípe but need a WC for Bueno Aires the week before :confused:

It seems that the ATP is not really strict about the rule concerning the usage of the protected ranking. In theory, Guga's limit of PR entries had already expired earlier this month, but the ATP has allowed him to use it in Vina del Mar and Costa do Sauipe. There have been other cases in the tour, for example Younes El Aynaoui in the past has entered a few more tournaments with his PR than the official limit would allow him to.

My guess is that they probably allowed Guga to use it finally twice more in February, and as he had already assured wildcards in Buenos Aires and Acapulco, he decided to return the WC he would receive in Sauipe to the tournament directors and enter the tournament with his PR, so that the TDs could give the wildcard to other players (they just gave one to Moya and the remaining two will probably go to Ricardo Mello and Thiago Alves).

Lee
01-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Renato :hug:

Well, since there's no tournament in December, it's reasonable that ATP let him extend his PR for another month.

shotgun
01-19-2006, 08:14 PM
No problem, Lee. ;)

Well, actually, considering the long break he took since the US Open, he could almost be granted another full year of protected ranking entries. Perhaps he should just postpone his comeback to April. :lol: :p

Oh, but then it would freeze around the 290th spot or so. :o

shotgun
01-25-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm hoping he comes on up to California after Acapulco. :)

Looks like he heard you. :p

He's on the entry list for Indian Wells. He entered it with his protected ranking (one more entry granted by the ATP).

Lee
01-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Looks like he heard you. :p

He's on the entry list for Indian Wells. He entered it with his protected ranking (one more entry granted by the ATP).

Scrambling to see if I can make the trip although it's not likely :sad:

*Ljubica*
01-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Hi guys - I am not a regular visitor here, but I just read that Guga has withdrawn from the Viña del Mar tournament next week :sad: and thought you would want to know. Sorry I don't know the reason - but I got the info. from steveg's site, which is normally very reliable. I hope it is not an injury. Here is the link:- http://www.stevegtennis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1144

shotgun
01-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Hi guys - I am not a regular visitor here, but I just read that Guga has withdrawn from the Viña del Mar tournament next week :sad: and thought you would want to know. Sorry I don't know the reason - but I got the info. from steveg's site, which is normally very reliable. I hope it is not an injury. Here is the link:- http://www.stevegtennis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1144

Thanks for the info Rosie. :hug:

I also hope it's not an injury. I think it's not likely, unless he got injured during a practice session. ;)

Probably he decided to shorten his schedule, which makes more sense. He would play in Davis Cup the next week and then Buenos Aires, Sauipe and Acapulco.

Wojtek
01-27-2006, 04:18 PM
:sad: :sad:

shotgun
01-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Guga twisted his ankle during a practice session yesterday.

http://www.tenisnews.com.br/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2390

What a terrible luck. :(

Anyway, it doesn't seem to be really serious but he just didn't want to risk his participation in the DC tie against Peru, so he pulled out of Vina del Mar. We'll have to wait 2 more weeks to see him in action. :(

star
01-27-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't necessarily think it is bad news. I notice that post Rosie referred to was from December.

*Ljubica*
01-27-2006, 05:43 PM
I don't necessarily think it is bad news. I notice that post Rosie referred to was from December.
No it wasn't. On Steveg's Forum they always start their tournament threads roughly 6 weeks before when the Entry Lists come out, and then they are up-dated as and when news and details become available. If you had read the page to the end you would have seen that the post about Guga's withdrawal was posted by R. Jayakrishnan, who is a very reliable source of information, today (27th January) and is near to the bottom of the page. It was definitely not my intention to mislead people here.

shotgun
01-27-2006, 05:44 PM

The Brazilian press has just announced in the last hour or so that he's not playing there. It's not old news, as Rosie said.

Lee
01-27-2006, 09:20 PM
So, Guga won't be playing any competitive matches until DC tie vs Peru. :scared: Unfortunately or fortunately, most Brasilian players are not in very good shape so Guga will probably play singles.

amethyst
01-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Oh no, a twisted ankle is the last thing he needs right now :( And I agree with Lee - the prospect of playing DC right after such a long break from competitive tennis is scary :scared:

Billabong
01-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Oh NO:bigcry:!!!!!!!!!!! First Kim, now Guga:sad::sad::sad: Why, why, why!!! Please get well soon Guga, I hope no ligament is torn:sad:!

shotgun
01-28-2006, 01:34 AM
Yeah, Davis Cup is indeed not the best scenario for a comeback after 5 months. A best-of-five match against Luis Horna, the wild Peruvian crowd and all the pressures that come within a Davis Cup tie...

PennyThePenguin
01-28-2006, 02:16 AM
*sigh*

Santorofan
02-02-2006, 11:02 AM
So, Guga won't be playing any competitive matches until DC tie vs Peru. :scared: Unfortunately or fortunately, most Brasilian players are not in very good shape so Guga will probably play singles.

Isn't Sarretta ok right now? Though Mello, while not injured that I know of, hasn't played extremely well as of late. With Melingini now retired it seems hard on Guga to keep carrying the team esp when injured...anyone happen to know the seedings for the Brazil Open Feb 20th?

shotgun
02-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Guga received a WC to play the Miami TMS! :banana:

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/diaadia/ult138u26200.htm

shotgun
02-02-2006, 09:04 PM
anyone happen to know the seedings for the Brazil Open Feb 20th?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2906038&postcount=1

shotgun
02-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Btw, there is a high possibility that Guga receives a WC to play the Valencia tournament, too. The official site is mentioning him as one of the players who "made contact and are interested in playing the tournament".

Lee
02-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Isn't Sarretta ok right now? Though Mello, while not injured that I know of, hasn't played extremely well as of late. With Melingini now retired it seems hard on Guga to keep carrying the team esp when injured...anyone happen to know the seedings for the Brazil Open Feb 20th?

Saretta retired in a Santiago Challenger last week and lost his 2nd round match in Viña del Mar this week. He definitely not in his good form :(

tall_one
02-03-2006, 12:58 AM

:banana:

Billabong
02-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Guga will need a lot of wild cards;)!

PennyThePenguin
02-03-2006, 12:34 PM

:D

brazuca5copas
02-04-2006, 06:47 AM
This article say that Guga will also play in Indian Wells ... is this true ???????? :rolleyes:

http://esporte.uol.com.br/tenis/ultimas/2006/02/03/ult63u16926.jhtm

shotgun
02-04-2006, 10:17 PM
This article say that Guga will also play in Indian Wells ... is this true ???????? :rolleyes:

http://esporte.uol.com.br/tenis/ultimas/2006/02/03/ult63u16926.jhtm

Yes, check out the first post in this thread. He's entering this tournament with his protected ranking. ;)

star
02-04-2006, 10:20 PM
:yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

I was SO hoping to see Guga at IW!!! :woohoo:

Guga AND Martina! I couldn't be happier. :)

shotgun
02-27-2006, 06:17 PM
The DC tie against Ecuador will take place from April 7 to 9 at Cuenca, a historical Ecuadorian city located 2.500m above the ocean level. It will be played on clay.

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/davis/ultnot/ult500u1812.htm

Billabong
02-27-2006, 10:35 PM
I just hope Guga can play well, that's all I hope:) Please get your game back Guga!

shotgun
02-28-2006, 05:17 AM
WC to Valencia confirmed.

http://www.tenisnews.com.br/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2770

PennyThePenguin
02-28-2006, 10:56 AM
WC to Valencia confirmed.

http://www.tenisnews.com.br/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2770

:D

Billabong
02-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Finally some good news;)... But can Guga win some matches finally??

macbaq
03-01-2006, 01:22 PM
go guga! please, even just a title b4 calling it quits... u can do it!

shotgun
03-07-2006, 02:35 AM
Guess what... Guga withdrew from Indian Wells.

I wonder when we'll see him playing again. If this happens at all.

brazuca5copas
03-07-2006, 03:39 AM
Guess what... Guga withdrew from Indian Wells.

I wonder when we'll see him playing again. If this happens at all.

:eek: :eek: Why ??????????

Lee
03-07-2006, 04:36 AM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/753/thumbs/sigh.gif (http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20322)

tall_one
03-07-2006, 10:53 AM
:sobbing:

macbaq
03-07-2006, 12:10 PM
*sad*... best wishes Guga...

Billabong
03-07-2006, 12:57 PM
:sad: How can we stay positive:sad:?

amethyst
03-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Anyone surprised? :p

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-07-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm used to hearing that! :zzz:

shotgun
03-07-2006, 04:33 PM
I'd be surprised if he actually decides to play Miami.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Honestly even if he had played,the result would have been bad as well.Sad but true...

shotgun
03-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Honestly even if he had played,the result would have been bad as well.Sad but true...

That's probably the reason why he pulled out.

Then again, his main problem is not lack of confidence. If it was, it could be solved by playing matches against weaker opponents (i.e. challengers). Guga is experienced and he knows it. The main problem is physical. I've heard from a reliable source that he went under some exams back in Buenos Aires and the old hip injury was still bothering him.

macbaq
03-08-2006, 01:56 AM
just a question... if ever Guga retired, would you still continue supporting him? you know just as a regular citizen..

shotgun
03-08-2006, 12:46 PM
just a question... if ever Guga retired, would you still continue supporting him? you know just as a regular citizen..

Of course... he's a great guy, with a great personality. :yeah:

Lee
03-08-2006, 05:03 PM

I will still be there ;)

Wojtek
03-08-2006, 07:09 PM

Of course he is the best

amethyst
03-08-2006, 07:09 PM

Yeah, always :)

shotgun
03-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Breaking news! :eek:

Guga won't play Miami and Davis Cup. He's going to the U.S. to go under some treatment to improve the stability on his hips. He should stay there for a few weeks. He didn't want to specify a date for his return, so we don't know whether he's playing in Valencia (I don't think so, because it's on the week after DC).

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/diaadia/ult138u26669.htm

shotgun
03-13-2006, 10:36 PM
What he said:

"I still don't feel well enough to compete. I improved a lot in the last months, in a lot of aspects, but I still need to find more stability on my hips. It's a detail that is missing."

"I still have the goal of returning to my previous level and I'll keep working on it and fighting for it. The faster I can come back, the better. But in the moment I'm completely focused on this work, because I believe I can compete again at a high level."

Lee
03-13-2006, 10:39 PM
:bigcry:

shotgun
03-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Well, at least he was honest this time. :shrug:

Lee
03-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Well, at least he was honest this time. :shrug:

He probably knows he won't fool us this time. I'm not complaining he was hiding his injury but I'm just very, very disappointed.

Hagar
03-14-2006, 11:33 AM
What he said:

"I still don't feel well enough to compete. I improved a lot in the last months, in a lot of aspects, but I still need to find more stability on my hips. It's a detail that is missing."

"I still have the goal of returning to my previous level and I'll keep working on it and fighting for it. The faster I can come back, the better. But in the moment I'm completely focused on this work, because I believe I can compete again at a high level."

Why? :bigcry: Is there a god? :fiery: Why does one of the most talented players on the ATP-tour have to be struggling with this constant injury?
If Guga never comes back from this injury, I'll always have the feeling he did not get everything out of his career, and I'm saying this about a guy who has been number 1, won the Masters and 3x Roland Garros. :sobbing:

The only positive thing is that he still wants to come back and play at a high level. Who can blame him? I think he just wants to be back to his usual self for one full season.

If there is a god, it's time for him/her to do a miracle here.

Billabong
03-14-2006, 01:42 PM
OMG:bigcry: again and again:sad: When will Guga be healthy again???????????

PennyThePenguin
03-14-2006, 02:36 PM
URGH

amethyst
03-14-2006, 06:16 PM
:sad: Somehow I don´t believe anymore he can come back at competitive level again. He has been trying rehab, treatment and training etc. for so long. So I doubt another treatment will work better than those he had before. Well, I hope Guga will prove me wrong ;)

Billabong
03-14-2006, 07:15 PM
:sad: Somehow I don´t believe anymore he can come back at competitive level again. He has been trying rehab, treatment and training etc. for so long. So I doubt another treatment will work better than those he had before. Well, I hope Guga will prove me wrong ;)

Since 2004, he definitely had tons of those:sad: Is there a treatment he didn't receive since then:sad:?

Lee
03-14-2006, 11:54 PM
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=14917&bannerregion=

Guga Withdraws From Miami; Soderling Steps In

By Tennis Week
03/14/2006

A recurrence of his chronic hip pain has forced former No. 1 Gustavo Kuerten to withdraw from next week's Nasdaq-100 Open on Key Biscayne and Brazil's Davis Cup tie against host Ecuador set for April 7-9th. The 2000 Key Biscayne runner-up to Pete Sampras, Kuerten is considering his competitive future in the aftermath of this latest setback.

"I don't feel well enough yet to play competitively," Kuerten said. "Lots of aspects have improved in the past few months, but I must find more stability."

Sweden's Robin Soderling steps in for Kuerten as a Key Biscayne wild card recipient.

The three-time French Open champion underwent his second arthroscopic surgery on his hip on September 21st, 2004 at the Center of Sports Medicine in Pittsburgh. Bone spurs blocking Kuerten's hip movement were removed and the anterior capsule of the hip was tightened to strengthen the joint’s stability, however Kuerten has still been hampered by hip problems and has suggested he will consider calling it quits at the end of this year if he cannot fully regain his health.

The 274th-ranked Kuerten has been limited to one match on the ATP Tour this year, losing to 283rd-ranked compatriot Andre Ghem at last month's Costa Do Sauipe tournament in Brazil.

"I am sorry for my fans," :sad: :sad: Kuerten said. "I would like to thank Butch Buchholz and the NASDAQ-100 Open for giving me the wildcard, but it wouldn’t be fair to show up to play in such a great event if I am still not in my best shape. I wish the tournament all the best. I will miss the atmosphere, unique in Miami, since it is one of my favorite tournaments. I hope to make it back there next year."

Billabong
03-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the article Lee:) Now we understand better why Guga's movement was so poor since 2004, especially at the USO last year when he was going for broke all the time:eek:

shotgun
04-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Guga will skip Roland Garros and will return at Stuttgart (Jul 17). Then he will play at either Kitzbuehel or Umag.

It seems that he would be offered a WC to Roland Garros in case he asked for it, but he gave up playing the French Open because he doesn't feel ready to play best-of-5 sets matches at the moment and since he wouldn't play any of the previous European clay tournaments, his preparation would be none.

It also says that he doesn't want to retire now after all the effort he went through in the last one and a half years. There have been rumours of him undergoing a third surgery on his hip in the U.S. in this last month, but the article doesn't confirm it and I sincerely hope it's not true.

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/diaadia/ult138u27153.htm

Lee
04-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Guga will skip Roland Garros and will return at Stuttgart (Jul 17). Then he will play at either Kitzbuehel or Umag.

It seems that he would be offered a WC to Roland Garros in case he asked for it, but he gave up playing the French Open because he doesn't feel ready to play best-of-5 sets matches at the moment and since he wouldn't play any of the previous European clay tournaments, his preparation would be none.

It also says that he doesn't want to retire now after all the effort he went through in the last one and a half years. There have been rumours of him undergoing a third surgery on his hip in the U.S. in this last month, but the article doesn't confirm it and I sincerely hope it's not true.

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/diaadia/ult138u27153.htm

Thanks Renato!

:sad: :sad:
http://ostrich.webpark.sk/english/breeding/sketch23.gif

amethyst
04-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Sad he has to skip RG, that´s not a good sign about his condition :sad: A Stuttgart return would be great for me (another chance to see him again) though I´m not very optimstic about his chances there.

PennyThePenguin
04-25-2006, 12:59 AM
:sad: but at least we can see that he is determined to make a return and his mindset is pointing in the right direction so that's half the battle won! :D

Billabong
04-25-2006, 04:17 AM
Thanks a lot for the news:sad: A third surgery would be simply too much, really:sad: Let's hope he can play some matches this year at least:)

Wojtek
06-20-2006, 07:32 PM
ok will he came back before Sopot?

Manja
06-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Hey all!

How do you know that Guga is going to play in Stuttgart? I don´t think he would get a WC and he´s not on the list...
But he will get a WC in Sopot!!!
@ Woijtek: Are you gonna go there? I try to do this (like every year) but it depends on my work...

x Manja

Wojtek
06-25-2006, 03:52 PM
I live in Gdansk - 10 minutes away from Sopot

Manja
06-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Oh I love your city! I live in Stralsund. Actually just 3 or 4 hours from Sopot but I can´t cross the border in Swinoucje (is that right spelled?) with my car so I have to drive 7 hours but I really love Sopot and the tournament there!
Maybe we can cheer for Guga together?

shotgun
06-25-2006, 06:28 PM
How do you know that Guga is going to play in Stuttgart? I don´t think he would get a WC and he´s not on the list...

It's the general talk on the Brazilian press. Why do you think he wouldn't get a WC there?

takuma
06-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Really??Guga gets WC for Sopot!Great news!Hope he brings his amazing coach with him ;)

Manja
06-25-2006, 07:54 PM
It's the general talk on the Brazilian press. Why do you think he wouldn't get a WC there?

Usually the german tournaments gives the WC to german players but if he ask for...maybe...
Hopefully they will give him one!!!

I red at the Sopot site that they give Guga a WC
www.ideaprokomopen.pl

takuma
06-25-2006, 08:39 PM
That's an info from 2005, he got a WC last year...still no official site for this years' event launched..[btw:the sponsor's name has changed and since now it's not idea prokom open, but orange prokom op.]I heard Guga is ready to return and was hoping he was offered a WC this year as well...Looks like we still have to wait for this thursday's press conference announcements...

Manja
06-25-2006, 09:05 PM
OMG I am sooo sorry!!!
I didn´t read it...
So hopefully they will give him a WC!

takuma
06-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Nah, don't be..Lets hope he'll get that WC afterall.As soon as I find out anything I'll share it :)
Take care

Billabong
06-26-2006, 05:26 AM
So Guga plays in Sopot:D? I can't wait for his return:D!!!

Wojtek
06-26-2006, 08:40 AM
It will be great news :)

KingGuga'sQueen
06-26-2006, 01:03 PM
:worship: I can't wait for Guga to come back :worship:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

takuma
06-26-2006, 04:35 PM
So Guga plays in Sopot:D? I can't wait for his return:D!!!
?
We still don't know anything yet..More info to come,lets keep our fingers crossed. The only 'tip' we were given was that he's to return end of July, and it's quite diff to imagine Guga's return on hard courts, so..Sopot?
Best regards :wavey:

Wojtek
06-27-2006, 06:26 AM
On thursday there will press conference in Sopot maybe they will say something about Guga :p

takuma
06-29-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm back from the press conf., and unfortunately, no good news to share...All of the WC will be given to polish players. They didn't even mention Guga's name, so it doesn't look good..Maybe there will be a surprise entry in the very last minute, but chances are very scarce for such thing to happen..

Lee
06-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the news, takuma!

Manja
06-30-2006, 03:05 PM
@ Wojtek: I have a very silly question but I thought you are living in Gdansk and maybe you could help me. There is a strange thing in Sopot. As you know there is a nice beach. But everytime I want to swim there the lifeguards said I should go out of the water. usually around 11 or 12 o´clock. Do you know why? Is it not allowed?

@ Takuma: Thanks for the information. And still no news in Stuttgart :-(

takuma
06-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Your welcome guys.Wish those news were better..if only it was up to me..eh..;)

Wojtek
07-01-2006, 08:42 AM
@ Wojtek: I have a very silly question but I thought you are living in Gdansk and maybe you could help me. There is a strange thing in Sopot. As you know there is a nice beach. But everytime I want to swim there the lifeguards said I should go out of the water. usually around 11 or 12 o´clock. Do you know why? Is it not allowed?

@ Takuma: Thanks for the information. And still no news in Stuttgart :-(

Lol it's strange :o Probably to high waves

KingGuga'sQueen
07-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Your welcome guys.Wish those news were better..if only it was up to me..eh..;)

:sad: I miss Guga :sad:

takuma
07-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi guys, just been to Guga's page, no breaking news-he basically said he's doing ok, preparing (working hard with his whole team) to return to the circuit-but it won't happen before he's 100% ready..that's a part of this post, in spanish, no english version yet:
“Estoy trabajando duro, feliz con mi progreso y con la manera con que todo mi equipo está envuelto y comprometido con este proceso. Continúo motivado y también estoy ansioso para volver a competir, Veo mi evolución, pero necesito ser paciente, para regresar al circuito sólo cuando esté al 100%.”
He didn't reveal when exactly he's going to return, but good news is he's ok& doesn't want to give up-that's already something..
:wavey:

Billabong
07-15-2006, 03:55 AM
thanks a lot takuma:kiss:

takuma
07-16-2006, 07:55 PM
:kiss:

PennyThePenguin
08-04-2006, 05:21 AM
I live in Gdansk - 10 minutes away from Sopot

I WAS IN GDANSK FOR A MONTH!!!! :p just came back yesterday :p

Wojtek
08-05-2006, 05:42 PM
:angel: I WAS IN GDANSK FOR A MONTH!!!! :p just came back yesterday :p

which part of the Gdansk

PennyThePenguin
08-06-2006, 05:33 AM
uhm, I was staying at the medical university's student's dorm. at ul. Debowa

takuma
08-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Nt sure if it was posted already somewhere in here, but as his official website states Guga won't take part in the Davis Cup late September [~22-24]...He still needs more time to fully[?] recover...Was expecting him to be ready and start playing in August already..sigh...Good at least we have Willy Canas back.

shotgun
08-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Reading though this thread gets me a bit depressed.

Eden
08-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi guys, just been to Guga's page, no breaking news-he basically said he's doing ok, preparing (working hard with his whole team) to return to the circuit-but it won't happen before he's 100% ready..that's a part of this post, in spanish, no english version yet:
“Estoy trabajando duro, feliz con mi progreso y con la manera con que todo mi equipo está envuelto y comprometido con este proceso. Continúo motivado y también estoy ansioso para volver a competir, Veo mi evolución, pero necesito ser paciente, para regresar al circuito sólo cuando esté al 100%.”
He didn't reveal when exactly he's going to return, but good news is he's ok& doesn't want to give up-that's already something..

Thanks for that information :wavey:

It's great that Guga doesn't give up his ambition to come back into tennis :) . I really miss him and truly long for a final between Guga and Federer in the French Open next year :yeah:

Guga, please be back soon :smooch:

takuma
08-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Guga, please be back soon :smooch:
..and take your sexy coach with you! :angel:
[+you're welcome,and :wavey: back!]

takuma
08-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Gustavo K. is back on the tennis courts...to practice. He's in Floripa&starts his trainings under the attentive eye of his physical coach. That's all (for now)folks.

Lee
08-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the heads-up :wavey:

PennyThePenguin
08-17-2006, 01:30 AM
:bounce: thanks for the info!!!

takuma
08-17-2006, 07:19 PM
De nada, really..Can't wait to inform about first tournament Guga enters after this looongish break..but it won't be too soon I'm affraid..ehh..
Besos&abrazos

Wojtek
08-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Go Guga

Eden
08-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Gustavo K. is back on the tennis courts...to practice. He's in Floripa&starts his trainings under the attentive eye of his physical coach. That's all (for now)folks.

Well, at least there is a little hope... It doesn't matter how much time it takes, the most important thing is to have him back one day :)

Thank you for your info, takuma :wavey:

takuma
08-27-2006, 06:43 PM
You're welcome :wavey:
Lately there are rumours about him having shoulder problems. His official site remains silent...Let's hope it's either just:not true, or nothing serious...Otherwise Guga would be probably forced to put his carrer to an end..

Billabong
08-27-2006, 07:08 PM
yah, I don't think he'll go through another surgery at this stage of his career, it would be too much I guess...

Eden
08-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Oh, lets hope that this rumour isn't true :sad: It would be terrible to see Guga having another injury. He is punished enough with his injuries during his career.