Federer has fun with "sexiest" label [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer has fun with "sexiest" label

mangoes
11-18-2005, 02:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=Am4Ra79Ibpw2U6pDWajF0o04v7YF?slug=reu-mastersfedererlabeldc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Charming and cute article showcasing the lighter side of tennis.......... :lol:

Federer has fun with "sexiest" label

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Roger Federer seems pretty comfortable with his new label as one of the sexiest men alive.

The world number one was named by People magazine as one of its "International Men of Sexiness" earlier this week and Federer is not about to argue.

"That's why I put clothes on tonight," joked Federer at the season-ending Masters Cup on Thursday. "So we can speak normally together and you don't get all over-excited."

Wearing a black tracksuit and white baseball cap, the Swiss teased Chinese reporters that his sex appeal even captivated his part-time coach Tony Roche.

"He likes to visit the sexiest guy alive once in a while," smiled Federer after beating Argentine Guillermo Coria to stay on track for a third straight Masters Cup title.

"He doesn't just come here to hang out with me."

Wimbledon and U.S. Open champion Federer was named alongside Japanese actor Ken Watanabe of "Last Samurai" fame among the popular culture magazine's overseas sex symbols.

Several tennis players have been similarly recognized by People magazine in the past, including Mark Philippoussis, Pat Rafter, Andy Roddick and James Blake.

"It's a compliment," said Federer.

R.Federer
11-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Several tennis players have been similarly recognized by People magazine in the past, including Mark Philippoussis, Pat Rafter, Andy Roddick and James Blake.

marat?
If Marat has not been included in this list, something is wrong with the People's list!

lau
11-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Yes, he should make fun of that label :p

buzzy
11-18-2005, 02:52 PM
marat?
If Marat has not been included in this list, something is wrong with the People's list!
I agree !

But I'm pretty sure Moya was also on it one year and they didn't mention him either. So maybe they just mentioned a partial list.

competitiva5
11-18-2005, 02:54 PM
The sexiest tennis player, for me, obviously is:

1. Fernando Gonzalez.

2. Marat Safin

Federer is the number one. butttt not sexi. It is only the bright of the one.
Sorry!

buzzy
11-18-2005, 02:56 PM
And I like seeing Roger show his sense of humor. He's really starting to be relaxed in these interviews.
Way to go Rog :cool:

R.Federer
11-18-2005, 03:04 PM
The picture was posted in Roge forum:

NYCtennisfan
11-18-2005, 03:11 PM
And I like seeing Roger show his sense of humor. He's really starting to be relaxed in these interviews.
Way to go Rog

He really feels comfortable in his position as the world's greatest player and an ambassador of the game. It's good to see.

PaulieM
11-18-2005, 03:15 PM
marat?
i think marat made people's list of most intriguing people a while back. that might also have been the list that carlos made :unsure:

mangoes
11-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Way to go Rog :cool:

So true.......I think he is one of the best things that has happened to tennis as of late. He is a wonderful ambassador of the game............but I don't know if I would call him the sexiest man in tennis. I think I'd faster hand that label to Marat and a couple other guys that make me blush ;) .........Nevertheless, Roger is deliciously handsome.

CooCooCachoo
11-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Well, the People list is a farce anyway. Look at the Top 15 :tape:

I think Roger does have some sexiness in himself though ;)

mangoes
11-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Well, the People list is a farce anyway. Look at the Top 15 :tape:

I think Roger does have some sexiness in himself though ;)

Oh he certainly does......... ;)

I don't know who is the the top 15............but it is usually based on popularity, isn't it? I don't know, but I've questioned some of their choices in the past, so who knows :confused:

celia
11-18-2005, 03:41 PM
He really feels comfortable in his position as the world's greatest player and an ambassador of the game. It's good to see.
well said. :worship:

Rogelio :hearts: :inlove:

Pea
11-18-2005, 04:16 PM
"It's an I love you very much ring"

Silly couple!

DrJules
11-18-2005, 05:18 PM
He is starting to attract the same attention that Bjorn Borg did in the 70's.

mangoes
11-18-2005, 05:28 PM
"It's an I love you very much ring"

Silly couple!

It adds to his appeal for women to think he isn't married as yet........

nobama
11-18-2005, 05:50 PM
It adds to his appeal for women to think he isn't married as yet........He's only 24 and in the prime of his career. He doesn't need to get married yet.

mangoes
11-18-2005, 05:54 PM
He's only 24 and in the prime of his career. He doesn't need to get married yet.

My reflections were from a marketing perspective.

From a personal view, there is nothing wrong with getting married at 24 or in the prime of his career. The only thing making a difference in he and Mirka's relationship vs a married couple is a piece of paper. For the most part, they are practically married.

DrJules
11-18-2005, 06:09 PM
He's only 24 and in the prime of his career. He doesn't need to get married yet.

He might do a Lleyton Hewitt and take paternity leave from the tour :help:

mangoes
11-18-2005, 06:14 PM
He might do a Lleyton Hewitt and take paternity leave from the tour :help:

lololol :lol: Still have to respect Lleyton's priorities. :)

case
11-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Safin is far and away the sexiest man in tennis and also just as certainly one of the best looking men around. He cant take a bad picture. Borg was a very good looking man.

Roger :haha: :haha:

I cant compare Safin and Borg with Roger, Roger CANT take a good photo. :eek: Roger can play tennis, you cant have everything! :sad:

But wait a second Marat Safin can play tennis brilliantly and look good. As a female tennis fan I would be happy with Safin. :lol: Now if Safin and the other nice looking and brilliant player Richard Gasquet could stay healthy I could stay happy! :bigclap:

lau
11-18-2005, 06:34 PM
I though you were so right in everything you wrote.....till you named Gasquet :tape: :p

mangoes
11-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Safin is far and away the sexiest man in tennis and also just as certainly one of the best looking men around. He cant take a bad picture. Borg was a very good looking man.

Roger :haha: :haha:

I cant compare Safin and Borg with Roger, Roger CANT take a good photo. :eek: Roger can play tennis, you cant have everything! :sad:

But wait a second Marat Safin can play tennis brilliantly and look good. As a female tennis fan I would be happy with Safin. :lol: Now if Safin and the other nice looking and brilliant player Richard Gasquet could stay healthy I could stay happy! :bigclap:

Richard Gasquet :confused: No, No.

case
11-18-2005, 07:41 PM
I though you were so right in everything you wrote.....till you named Gasquet :tape: :p

That is when you thought I was also brilliant!

howardean
11-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Richard Gasquet :confused: No, No.

gasquet?? oui, oui :hearts: :hearts: :p

sigmagirl91
11-18-2005, 07:56 PM

Gasquet=hell no.

JeNn
11-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Federer? Sexy? :confused:

KoOlMaNsEaN
11-18-2005, 10:17 PM
:lol: Roger
I didnt know he was that open :)

nobama
11-18-2005, 10:31 PM
My reflections were from a marketing perspective.

From a personal view, there is nothing wrong with getting married at 24 or in the prime of his career. The only thing making a difference in he and Mirka's relationship vs a married couple is a piece of paper. For the most part, they are practically married.This is true. She said they'd love to get married and have children, so I suspect once he's retired they will do that....assuming they're still together.

RogiFan88
11-18-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm surprised that People even know who Rogi is... ;)

flyingmachine
11-18-2005, 11:55 PM
I'm surprised that People even know who Rogi is... ;)
Well he will be my favourate for a very very very long time. ;)

njnetswill
11-19-2005, 02:45 AM
:haha: oh Roger you are too much.

Daniel
11-19-2005, 03:01 AM
Roger :bigclap:

Washa Koroleva
11-19-2005, 05:59 AM
he deserves that :p

Federerthebest
11-19-2005, 06:56 AM
Mirka too fat. Roger need new girlfriend

PaulieM
11-19-2005, 02:51 PM
It adds to his appeal for women to think he isn't married as yet........
it helps my sanity :o

Gonzo Hates Me!
11-19-2005, 05:28 PM
yes, 1998

But I'm pretty sure Moya was also on it one year and they didn't mention him either. So maybe they just mentioned a partial list.

Jennay
11-19-2005, 11:07 PM
Safin is far and away the sexiest man in tennis and also just as certainly one of the best looking men around. He cant take a bad picture.
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4733/help9qw.jpg

artlinkletter
11-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Apart from the hair, Marat still looks good. My non-tennis watching friends only watch his matches just to see him.