uNIVERSE mAN
11-17-2005, 06:01 PM
http://www.masters-cup.com/en/interviews/pdf/ljubicic3.pdf

sigmagirl91
11-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, meet pot.

alfonsojose
11-17-2005, 06:07 PM
:scratch: maybe he's not that nice after all. He has the fans he deserves :rolleyes:

kiro
11-17-2005, 06:07 PM
I think now going back and think even if I won the match yesterday, I would need one set today, so it would probably feel even more frustrating.

LMAO, obviously Ivan thought that Roger would defeat Coria in straight sets.
What I can tell you is that Ivan's press conference started when Roger got the 1st set 6-0. When he's about to finish, it was Coria 4-0 in the 2nd.

uNIVERSE mAN
11-17-2005, 06:12 PM
apparently Ljubo loves the feeling of walking off the court after losing;

Ljubicic: Obviously, it's fantastic feeling to walk off the court knowing that you are out of the tournament, that the people are not going to see you any more...

kiro
11-17-2005, 06:13 PM

Ljubicic: Obviously, it's fantastic feeling to walk off the court knowing that you are out of the tournament, that the people are not going to see you any more...

Actually I was confused by this comment when I heart Ivan said that too. :confused:

uNIVERSE mAN
11-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Actually I was confused by this comment when I heart Ivan said that too. :confused:

It seems Ljubo got beaten so badly that he suffered a concussion.

nikkita
11-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Do you think David on a day like this has one of the best returns in the world? Can you speak a bit about his game, please.

IVAN LJUBICIC: Well, I think this court really helped his game, you know. This is pretty much similar court to Basel where he plays his best tennis, and the ball doesn't really go fast off the court.

Didn't he send Coria to shut up yesterday because Coria said that this surface was better for Ljubo??? :confused:

sigmagirl91
11-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Shut up, Ivan. And double shut-up to all the Ljubi-trolls out there :mad:

MissMoJo
11-17-2005, 06:37 PM
Didn't he send Coria to shut up yesterday because Coria said that this surface was better for Ljubo??? :confused:

Guille's response:

Q. Finally you can play very well on
ice. Can you explain the two sets, because
you played very well in the second?

GUILLERMO CORIA: Yes, actually I
played very well against Nalbandian, apart from
the serve. I'm finishing the year being very
happy the way I've been playing.
What I said about the ice, the court being
ice, it's just a way of expressing myself. I was
never criticizing the surface. But I think that Ivan
should respect also the opinions of the other
players and what people think. I have nothing
against him, nothing against Ivan. It was not an
excuse. It was just that this surface, for my
game, is very fast, too fast.

http://www.masters-cup.com/en/interviews/pdf/coria3.pdf

PaulieM
11-17-2005, 06:40 PM

what was the question? just reading this it sounds like a sarcastic answer to a stupid question about how he's feeling. :shrug:

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 06:44 PM

Read what he says straight after this, then you'll realise the point he's trying to make:

Obviously, it's fantastic feeling to walk off the court knowing that you are out of the tournament, that the people are not going to see you any more, and to get that kind of standing ovation. It's a beautiful feeling really.

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 06:47 PM
I actually think he was spot-on about the strengths and weaknesses of Nalbandian, how good a shotmaker he is but how poor he can be on the big points, but there is such a thing as diplomacy. And there's only so many times you can mention your fatigue and the surface before it starts to sound like hollow excuse-making.

Dirk
11-17-2005, 07:01 PM
David made me some Vcash today so thanks. :)

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:13 PM
He said something about the DC wins record in a year. whats the record, can he break it or tie it?

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Tie it, with McEnroe being the only other man to have achieved a 12-0 record, back in 82.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Tie it, with McEnroe being the only other man to have achieved a 12-0 record, back in 82.

thanks.

good chance, dubs might be the only problem. :wavey:

Jimnik
11-17-2005, 07:24 PM
The usual Ljubicic-type responses :rolleyes:

I really can't stand the way he speaks. If he wasn't such an admirable tennis player, I think I would hate him.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:28 PM
The usual Ljubicic-type responses :rolleyes:

I really can't stand the way he speaks. If he wasn't such an admirable tennis player, I think I would hate him.

also have to think about that English is one of 5 he speaks, and does not know how to use what words in what situations.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:33 PM
also we should thank ljubicic for making tennis interesting, the trash talking migh bring in fans :lol: in other sports trash talking is a must, and on court fight win fans, like the Pacers and Pistons.

lau
11-17-2005, 07:34 PM
also we should thank ljubicic for making tennis interesting, the trash talking migh bring in fans :lol: in other sports trash talking is a must, and on court fight win fans, like the Pacers and Pistons.
So, you admit he talks trash? :p

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 07:35 PM
I was actually thinking about that while reading through these backlash threads. It is impossible to please some people - if he offered up the usual platitudes, everyone would say how tedious it was and bemoan the lack of interesting player interviews these days. Mind you, I think he can be interesting without sounding like a broken record about his tiredness and Nalbandian's mental failings.

revolution
11-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Lol just imagine if Andy Murray had said what Ljubicic has.. he'd have been roasted on here!

Scotso
11-17-2005, 08:30 PM
He must mention he's top 10 like 50 times. Enjoy it while it lasts, Ljubo.

And :lol: @ his comments about David never winning anything. What a tool. He did win one thing, though, a 6-2 6-2 thrashing of your ass, Ljubo.

Scotso
11-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Lol just imagine if Andy Murray had said what Ljubicic has.. he'd have been roasted on here!

Dude, why do you need to bring up Murray in every thread?

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 08:32 PM

And :lol: @ his comments about David never winning anything. What a tool. He did win one thing, though, a 6-2 6-2 thrashing of your ass, Ljubo.

see what i mean :lol

sjengster, what you said about KBF- fits perfact here ;)

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Expect to see more of the same during the DC final, since by a happy accident, Ljubo will be up against his favourite player and favourite DC team.

DJ dropshot
11-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Now, if Argentina and Croatia win their first round DC matches, are we going to get to see fireworks again like Argentina in Australia? He's made remarks about two Argentines now that may not sit well with them. Coria has already brought it up. Tasty!

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Now, if Argentina and Croatia win their first round DC matches, are we going to get to see fireworks again like Argentina in Australia? He's made remarks about two Argentines now that may not sit well with them. Coria has already brought it up. Tasty!

:lol: would be good, if its played in Croatia, the way those people are, Arges would never hear the end of it,(doping)

RickDaStick
11-17-2005, 10:01 PM

Yes he is top ten and will be for a long time unlike that bum you have a hard on for.

Horatio Caine
11-17-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm sure that whenever Roger wants to shut up Mirka he will just shove a cake into her mouth...the same should be done with Ljubo :tape:

R.Federer
11-17-2005, 10:13 PM
"I'm not going tocompare to anyone else but I think my year was one of best five players"

ivan is saying in the interview.
I think he had good year, but his success has been define this year by DC,and I don't think it was best 5, but best 8 ...

Horatio Caine
11-17-2005, 10:14 PM
"I'm not going tocompare to anyone else but I think my year was one of best five players"

So he has basically compared himself to others :shrug: :tape:

Yeah - Davis Cup was the standout. To be one of the best 5 in the year, he'd need to be consistently good on all surfaces I feel. Federer, Bandy and Kolya are certainly ahead of him.