Just as an expression of desire (outloud) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Just as an expression of desire (outloud)

Denaon
11-17-2005, 04:59 PM
This is not neither an idea nor a suggestion. I sincerely do not know how to label this. :retard:

I've just been thinking about how great it would be IF ,as a part of MTF/WTA, there was a game (just like playasport or others) to create, develop a tennis player and "compete" against others.

I'm sure many of you are familiar to these type of games, I myself play one atm, and I think it would be awesome to have one here.

I know I'm dreaming too much, coz any game like those take a lot of time, resources and money :o for sure...

:wavey: I'll keep on dreaming though ;)

D.

Neely
11-18-2005, 09:38 AM
You mean something like a manager game like they exist often in with football where you have to buy/sell players, coach your players which gain or lose ability and your team is playing simulated matches against other teams? I only know these as computer game, but I have no idea how this should work on a forum platform?!
If I misunderstood it, please explain it more detailled to me because I also want to understand your idea of that game

Denaon
11-18-2005, 10:38 AM
You mean something like a manager game like they exist often in with football where you have to buy/sell players, coach your players which gain or lose ability and your team is playing simulated matches against other teams? I only know these as computer game, but I have no idea how this should work on a forum platform?!
If I misunderstood it, please explain it more detailled to me because I also want to understand your idea of that game

Yeah like a manager game...of course this would not work in the forum but as a part of MTF...I mean linked to our membership status....I dunno I thought we could manage our players and mix it with the vcash (for instance using vcash to help the player buy things or improve his game)

I imagined we could manage the player just signing in on MTF. And in the forum we could have only the reference of the player we're managing ....like:
Owner/Manager: Gastón Puerta :p

I just imagined this could work here, plus this is a huge online-comunity and might attract some more. Those who have or get premium membership could have more advantages.:shrug:

But this game has to be designed (that cannot be me, I don't know a thing about programming) and it takes time, money and will to be done.

It was just an idea....thanks for taking interest in it ;)

Denaon
12-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Oh man, I wish I knew how to program :sad: I would design the game myself and then propose to "mix" it with MTF and/ or WTAtennis.......
*sigh* damn.....oh well.........

Carlita
12-13-2005, 09:12 PM
you can always check this one out and play with us :D probably not what you had in mind, but it's a fun game :D

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=58815

Denaon
12-14-2005, 03:16 PM
you can always check this one out and play with us :D probably not what you had in mind, but it's a fun game :D

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=58815
Thanks hun, I'm gonna check it out ;)

12-14-2005, 08:54 PM
This is not neither an idea nor a suggestion. I sincerely do not know how to label this. :retard:

I've just been thinking about how great it would be IF ,as a part of MTF/WTA, there was a game (just like playasport or others) to create, develop a tennis player and "compete" against others.

I'm sure many of you are familiar to these type of games, I myself play one atm, and I think it would be awesome to have one here.

I know I'm dreaming too much, coz any game like those take a lot of time, resources and money :o for sure...

:wavey: I'll keep on dreaming though ;)

D.
Wow that would be a big undertaking for sure :) You would definitely need a programmer to do it. And I can't help you out there because my computer knowledge is slim to none. But I do have to tell you I think it is a neat idea :cool: I'm just not sure how "do able" it is? If that makes any sense :confused:

mandoura
12-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Great idea Dan. With all the talent present at MTF, I am sure someone can come up with something. :)

Denaon
12-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Mae and mandou :kiss: :wavey:
I think is "do able" as you say ;) and that there are many talented posters around here :yeah:....but I don't know if there's any willing to do it....I mean If I could do it I would coz I got it in my mind and I think it'd work and lots of people would enjoy it :D
Maybe this idea got the attention of the admins and they're thinking of something....who knows??
thanks for supporting the idea anyway........:wavey:

12-16-2005, 12:42 AM
It sounds like you have the idea right, but you just need some help in getting it done. I hope there is at least someone on the Forum that you can work with on your idea. There really are a lot of talented people on this Forum, but I am not one of them in the area of computers :sad: