David Nalbandian destroys Ljubicic 6-2 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

David Nalbandian destroys Ljubicic 6-2 6-2

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 11:18 AM
to sum up the match. David woke up, got dressed, showed up at the site, and Ivan did the rest. David didnt even play good, thats how shitty Ivan played. even Roddick could of beat Ivan today.
and clear as water that Ivan was dead tired :)

I would love to see the trolls repond here, because there little mind will break out there best stuff :lol: but i have class all morning and it sadly miss it :lol:

:bigwave:

have fun.

Go Croatia win the DC :)

its.like.that
11-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Amazing match by David, and terrible match by Ljubcic - who once again confirms that he just cannot perform in high pressure situations.

(the winner of this match was to go on to play Davydenko in the semi final on Saturday)

Björki
11-17-2005, 11:19 AM
vamos David :woohoo:

Smasher
David played a great game and deserves his place in the semis. Ljubicic was pathetic, he missed many easy shots and moved slowly. Congrats Nalby! :yeah:

BATES
Woohoo David! Way to go! :worship:

silverwhite
Vamos! :woohoo:

kali_puerta_fan
6-2 6-2

sigmagirl91
That was a comprehensive ass thrashing if ever I've seen one. I never predicted this.

Denaon
11-17-2005, 11:20 AM
:woohoo: David deserves his semifinal spot!!! :D

Federerthebest
Ljubicic :retard: That was a very poor performance.

Congratulations to David and his fans.

kali_puerta_fan
EXTRAORDINARY MATCH!!!!!!!!

Denaon
11-17-2005, 11:22 AM
:lol: do we have the 5 threads about Nalbo def. Ljubicic gathered here?? :lol:

Smasher
11-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Congrats David :yeah:

siobhan
11-17-2005, 11:23 AM
:woohoo:

garylanders
11-17-2005, 11:24 AM
:yeah: :yeah:

gravity
:lol: do we have the 5 threads about Nalbo def. Ljubicic gathered here?? :lol:

Merged them all together but it seems lots of people enjoyed watching the Croatian gobshite getting his ass whipped out there today. I know I did.... vamos bandy! :yeah:

silverwhite
As David would say, "SI!!!" :D

jazz_girl
Just amazing!!!! I never imagined it could end in 2 sets, but David was totally in the zone today!!! :)

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Merged them all together but it seems lots of people enjoyed watching the Croatian gobshite getting his ass whipped out there today. I know I did.... vamos bandy! :yeah:

just shows you have much people hate the success Ivan has had.

Kip
11-17-2005, 11:26 AM
to sum up the match. David woke up, got dressed, showed up at the site, and Ivan did the rest. David didnt even play good, thats how shitty Ivan played. even Roddick could of beat Ivan today.

I would love to see the trolls repond here, because there little mind will break out there best stuff :lol: but i have class all morning and it sadly miss it :lol:

have fun.

Falls flat once again. :cool:

bad gambler
11-17-2005, 11:26 AM
he better not lose to ukraine :armed:

DrJules
11-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Nalbandian looks a more natural fast court player; he returns serve better, plays nearer the baseline taking the ball earlier and volleys much better. In many ways apart from his serve Ljubicic looks more like a clay court player - he does not move forward as well and has longer swings on his groundstrokes.

jazz_girl
Nah, I don't hate his success, I just hate him j/k
As I said yesterday in other thread, I didn't care at all for Ljubicic in the past, but ever since he started talking I can't stand the guy!

jmp
:eek: David!! Congratulations. :D This type of play from David was very nostalgic. He displayed nice touch and the around-the-pole shot was sweeet. Well done!

Good tournament, Ivan. Congratulations on an excellent year. :)

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 11:28 AM
but ever since he started talking I can't stand the guy!

truth hurts.

even what he said about David- based on Davids play today.

Galaxystorm
11-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Great Nalbandian’s match , returning well the first Ljubo’s serves, winning the 75% of points returning second serve , dominating from the baseline hitting dangerous shots down-the-line , going to the net when he had to , making very few unforced errors and making some high quality winners , converting the most of the break points .

And about Ljubo , today his serve wasn’t a weapon at all, ( only won the 54% of points serving first serve ,.and 25% serving second ) he was playing behind the baseline since David was dominating him , made a lot of unforced and forced errors , volleyed badly .

The great David’s match exasperated Ljubo’s game and thus the croat hit some brainless shots( too risky ) which were unforced errors .

Kip
11-17-2005, 11:29 AM
truth hurts.

Aren't you gonna be late for class? :cool:

CooCooCachoo
11-17-2005, 11:30 AM
:sad:

Denaon
11-17-2005, 11:30 AM
truth hurts.

:rolleyes: I'm sure he can handle the truth he's a whiner.

DrJules
11-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Does anyone have the winners and unforced errors for David Nalbandian for this match. I think they are probably exceptional.

Deivid23
I wish David can beat Kolya and play the same way against Roger in the finals. This schooling will probably make Ivan be more humble and that would do fine for him. He thought he was close to Federerīs level and today he came back to Earth.

ĄVamos David! :yeah:

SwissMister1
You certainly can't say David's contribution to this match simply consisted of putting on his Yonex gear and walking out to the court when he played the way he did - great focus the whole match, and committed to aggressive play. If Roger is any less than 100% in the final, look out.

jazz_girl
11-17-2005, 11:32 AM
I think he just had 6 UE, but I don't remember the winners

mangoes
Ljubicic Choked!

Congrats Nalby :)

amierin
Never expected this. I got to work thinking I'd be able to follow the third set, check the scoreboard and see Nalbandian is taking names. Was it that all the tennis Ljubo has played finally caught up with him and he was fried mentally and physically?
Anyway a good win for David who's been on the verge of something a long time.

silverwhite
Does anyone have the winners and unforced errors for David Nalbandian for this match. I think they are probably exceptional.

11 and 5.

gravity
Aren't you gonna be late for class? :cool:

It's a pity he can't use the 'A grade' I give him for trolling on here to quit school and find a high paying job.

TheBoiledEgg
11-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Nalby :bounce: :D :) :yeah:

Ivan, this yrs Mr Nobody only gets 100 pts (100 too much :o)

Corey Feldman
11-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Cya Ljubo :bigwave:
learn to keep the mouth shut b4 matches, and not be lazy when you cant just win your way throught matches with aces and unreturnable 1st serves and you might actually do something in your career ;)

mangoes
I wish David can beat Kolya and play the same way against Roger in the finals. This schooling will probably make Ivan be more humble and that would do fine for him. He thought he was close to Federerīs level and today he came back to Earth.

I think that's one of the things about Roger and even Rafa that should be admired.........even with injury, they fight and don't crumble under pressure.

silverwhite
truth hurts.

He couldn't have played much better given how his opponent was playing.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 11:35 AM
It's a pity he can't use the 'A grade' I give him for trolling on here to quit school and find a high paying job.

its a shame.

momo

According to ESPN: only 6 unforced errors!

El Legenda
learn to keep the mouth shut b4 matches, and not be lazy when you cant just win your way throught matches with aces and unreturnable 1st serves and you might actually do something in your career ;)

thats pretty good, im sure you can do better. :) well maybe not.

asotgod
11-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Excellent match by Nalby. He keeps disgusting me by just trying to show up once in a while (another Safin). Talent wise, I think he has top 3 potential IMO but just seems to leave his mind at home, unlike today where he just too Ljubo out of the match in the first 15 minutes.

Nalby did not let Ljubo breathe at all in this match; taking out his greater weapon and showing much superiority of the ground. Good showing in this tournament for Ljubo save this match. He seemed a little tired, but it's so hard to motivate yourself when receiving such a thrashing as this and being taking quickly out of this game, both physicially and mentally by Nalby. Hope Ljubo gets some rest now and finishes the year on a high in the Davis Cup.

Good luck to Nalby in the semis. Most likely will play Davydenko. I just hope he does not leave his head at home for this match, then we may be able to get a Federer-Nalby final with better prospects than the first match.

DrJules
11-17-2005, 11:37 AM

have fun.

David played at very high standard for the whole match like he played against Federer in the 2nd set and first half of third. When he is positive and attacking moving forward he is at his best. Ljubicic will never have the hand eye coordination and racket ball skills that David possess - you are born with these skills.

silverwhite
11-17-2005, 11:37 AM
At the start of the match, Leander Paes commented that the start was going to be very crucial. Right he was. Nalby started almost perfectly and broke Ljubo and I have a feeling that whatever followed was an effect similar to the one Roddick had to deal with against Ferrer in Paris, although Roddick actually fought his way through instead of giving up.

yomike
11-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Ljubo did lose to Spadea after Madrid, that Federer match probably still lingers in his mind.

Neely
11-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Wow, that's a really good result now for Nalbandian, I'm surprised! :yeah: :bounce:
Now I hope Nalbandian can play such a match twice more this tournament ;)

mandoura
11-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Great win for David :bounce:. I am very happy for him and all Argentinians :yeah: . I voted for him to win in the other thread and am really glad he did :yippee: .

David played great. The comentators kept praising his shots selection, his calm and change of pace. It is not just that Ljubo did not play well, it is also that David played very well. Kudos to him he deserve to be in the semis :bigclap: .

lau
11-17-2005, 11:44 AM
:woohoo: :yeah: David!! :yeah: :woohoo:

Dollars & Cents
11-17-2005, 11:44 AM
It's days like today that you appreciate champions like Federer even more. Ljubicic the 'indoor king' and supposed man-in-form is destroyed by well an all-round classier and talented player. What can be said of Ljubicic? Well, once again he demonstrated just like many players before him - a good run of form is nowhere near good enough for him to be considered of one of the elite. Playing on a surface where he felt such a great advantage then his opponents he performed rudderless in a high-pressure match. What does 2006 hold for him? Very little, I suspect I cannot see him causing waves at Grand Slams, and 27 years of age he is far too old. If we want to look at players of his style posing problems for Federer next year in the Slams then maybe even a rejuvenated and in-form Mario Ancic would be a bigger problem. I even see a player such as Ginepri with age on his side more of a challenger than Ljubicic in the coming years.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 11:45 AM
It's days like today that you appreciate champions like Federer even more. Ljubicic the 'indoor king' and supposed man-in-form is destroyed by well an all-round classier and talented player. What can be said of Ljubicic? Well, once again he demonstrated just like many players before him - a good run of form is nowhere near good enough for him to be considered of one of the elite. Playing on a surface where he felt such a great advantage then his opponents he performed rudderless in a high-pressure match. What does 2006 hold for him? Very little, I suspect I cannot see him causing waves at Grand Slams, and 27 years of age he is far too old. If we want to look at players of his style posing problems for Federer next year in the Slams then maybe even a rejuvenated and in-form Mario Ancic would be a bigger problem. I even see a player such as Ginepri with age on his side more of a challenger than Ljubicic in the coming years.

you dont watch much tennis do you?

MariaV
11-17-2005, 11:45 AM
he better not lose to ukraine :armed:
You with your Ukraine and love for Nicky D. ;)
Btw I dare to make a prediction that David will lose to Ukraine. :lol:
Nicky D's awesome season, even if it will be his only one.

DhammaTiger
11-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Fabulous David. :worship: :bowdown: :woohoo: He made his racket do all the talking, as opposed to that braggart ljubicic. I am impreseed with David's display, yielded the big stick and humilated the Croatian motor mouth. If anyone followed the thread where Ljubicic dissed David, you can see he thoroughly deserved his spanking. Well done David, and I hope we have a Chile-Argentina final. ( wishful thinking on my part)

Neely
11-17-2005, 11:48 AM
and 27 years of age he is far too old
27 years and "far too old"?! :lol: :confused:
:tape:

Julio1974
11-17-2005, 11:48 AM

I think it shows home much people hate Ljubicic fans.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Fabulous David. :worship: :bowdown: :woohoo: He made his racket do all the talking, as opposed to that braggart ljubicic. I am impreseed with David's display, yielded the big stick and humilated the Croatian motor mouth. If anyone followed the thread where Ljubicic dissed David, you can see he thoroughly deserved his spanking. Well done David, and I hope we have a Chile-Argentina final. ( wishful thinking on my part)

:yeah: this match proves even more that Ivan was right about what he said.

Peoples
You're dissing Ljubicic here and that is not morally right, dtiger :eek:
Go think over your principles and come back.

El Legenda
I think it shows home much people hate Ljubicic fans.

home?

Dollars & Cents
11-17-2005, 11:50 AM
you dont watch much tennis do you?

Am I saying Ljubicic is a bad player? No

But is he part of the elite players (Federer, Safin, Nadal, Hewitt and Roddick)? No and this performance proves this. Sporadic good runs-of-form are possible for many players inside the Top 20 over the course of a year. But in order to join the elite group of players that show their consistency throughout the year and contest the Grand Slams is something else. Am I wrong in saying that Ljubicic will never be that player?

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Am I saying Ljubicic is a bad player? No

But is he part of the elite players (Federer, Safin, Nadal, Hewitt and Roddick)? No and this performance proves this. Sporadic good runs-of-form are possible for many players inside the Top 20 over the course of a year. But in order to join the elite group of players that show their consistency throughout the year and contest the Grand Slams is something else. Am I wrong in saying that Ljubicic will never be that player?

well there is 4 GS in year. and about 30 others. so i think doing good in others is much better then getting to QF of 4.

mandoura
11-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Wow, that's a really good result now for Nalbandian, I'm surprised! :yeah: :bounce:
Now I hope Nalbandian can play such a match twice more this tournament ;)

I am with you Neely but just for once more :p :lol: .

silverwhite
11-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Great win for David :bounce:. I am very happy for him and all Argentinians :yeah: . I voted for him to win in the other thread and am really glad he did :yippee: .

David played great. The comentators kept praising his shots selection, his calm and change of pace. It is not just that Ljubo did not play well, it is also that David played very well. Kudos to him he deserve to be in the semis :bigclap: .

I think we got the same commentators. :lol:

kali_puerta_fan
11-17-2005, 11:56 AM

:haha::haha: I'll worship you!!!!

diegogg
11-17-2005, 11:57 AM
GETTING TO READ SO MANY OF JONES' STUPID POSTS HAS MADE ME DISLIKE LJUBO (that and his big mouth)
Bien, David!!!!!!

mandoura
11-17-2005, 11:59 AM
I think we got the same commentators. :lol:

Yes :lol:

I am so happy for him SW. Now I am getting greedy. I want an all-Argentinian final. Vamos Gaudio :woohoo: .

Edit*

Oops, I just realised an all-Argentinian final will mean my Rogelio won't be in it :eek: . How :silly: of me :lol:. So, I will change that to 2 Argentinians in the semis and one in the final. Vamos Nalby and Gaston :yippee: .

Dollars & Cents
11-17-2005, 12:01 PM
well there is 4 GS in year. and about 30 others. so i think doing good in others is much better then getting to QF of 4.

QF of a slam? Well the 'elite' players I mentioned; Safin (Winner at AO), Roddick (SF AO, Finalist at Wimbledon) and Hewitt (Finalist at AO, SF at Wimbledon and USO) who have had poor seasons have all done better than that.

The way I see it is I want to see players threatening Federer, and this has to be at the Grand Slams. You can say there are only 4 events but they are what matters. Just look at all the withdrawals from the Masters Series events throughout the year and that underlines their attraction. Yet the 1st Eight Masters Series were shared between 2 of the 'Elite' players; Federer and Nadal.

All i'm saying is put Ljubicic season and recent achievements into context. Credit has to be given for his efforts but criticism is also allowed now, if we are to judge him in the same company as the other 5 players mentioned before.

What would be saying if Roddick lost to Nalbandian 6-2 6-2 today?

propi
11-17-2005, 12:04 PM
:worship:
Vamos David :bounce:

ReturnWinner
11-17-2005, 12:06 PM
11 winners and 6 unforced errors
but nalby forced ljubicic many forced errors

MariaV
11-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Yes :lol:

I am so happy for him SW. Now I am getting greedy. I want an all-Argentinian final. Vamos Gaudio :woohoo: .
:haha: You're really greedy today Mando! :lol: And what about Fed the God, the gorgeous man in your avvy? ;)

ys
11-17-2005, 12:13 PM
I am glad.. Nalbandian is much more accomplished player. Ljubicic simply does not deserve to play on such level as Masters semis. Choker Supreme strikes again.. When it is a crunch time, you can always count on him..:)

yomike
11-17-2005, 12:14 PM
QF of a slam? Well the 'elite' players I mentioned; Safin (Winner at AO), Roddick (SF AO, Finalist at Wimbledon) and Hewitt (Finalist at AO, SF at Wimbledon and USO) who have had poor seasons have all done better than that.

The way I see it is I want to see players threatening Federer, and this has to be at the Grand Slams. You can say there are only 4 events but they are what matters. Just look at all the withdrawals from the Masters Series events throughout the year and that underlines their attraction. Yet the 1st Eight Masters Series were shared between 2 of the 'Elite' players; Federer and Nadal.

All i'm saying is put Ljubicic season and recent achievements into context. Credit has to be given for his efforts but criticism is also allowed now, if we are to judge him in the same company as the other 5 players mentioned before.

What would be saying if Roddick lost to Nalbandian 6-2 6-2 today?

Try promoting world peace next time you have a knack in making silly arguments and make them look good :rolleyes:

SaFed2005
11-17-2005, 12:16 PM
WDF happened... I just woke up and checked livescores and saw 62 62 and fed already won the 1st set against coria 6-0...

WOW I expected nalb/ ljub match to be really good but from the scores it doesnt seem so,

Eléa
11-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Thank you David (for my vcash! :p )

mishar
11-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Wow. This really makes me so happy. COngrats David!!!

I wonder if perhaps this was Ljubo's peak and the momentum will slip away from now?

I used to like Ljubo a lot, I remember when he burst on the scene and beat Kafelnikov at Monte Carlo, how touched I was by his story and his childhood. But his fans here at MTF have to be the obnoxious, trash-talking group of fans on the board, no?

tennyfan
11-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Good for David! He played really well and made some incredible shots. Ljubicic just seemed to fall apart.

Gonzalo81
11-17-2005, 12:50 PM
David :woohoo:

Dragula.mp3
11-17-2005, 12:52 PM
David played very well, he dont make a lot of winners but he play very effectively. Ljubicic dont played that bad, he was put under a lot of presure because David was returning almost perfectly. And he was hitting really hard to Ljubicic drive, Nalbandian is a player with a lot of talent and a really intellengent guy, when he is on the zone he is quite powerfull.

RogiFan88
11-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Well done, David!

Ivan was v confident this tournament and now he's out. Now for David to take on the next most confident player, Kolya. S be an interesting match.

Anything can happen and is happening in Shanghai this year!! ;)

So did Ivan FINALLY run out of steam after all these weeks?? He won't get his next chance to try and stop Rogi then.

mandoura
11-17-2005, 01:20 PM
:haha: You're really greedy today Mando! :lol: And what about Fed the God, the gorgeous man in your avvy? ;)

:haha:

I was so happy for David I got confused. :lol:

I edited the post btw. :D

jacobhiggins
11-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Ivan was destroyed, David had 6 UE, that is crazy, David played too good, Ivan just wasn't there and if he was there he probablly still would have been beatin, 6 UE's that's just crazy!!!

MariaV
11-17-2005, 01:23 PM

I was so happy for David I got confused. :lol:

I edited the post btw. :D
:lol: I saw you did. :)

R.Federer
11-17-2005, 01:23 PM

have fun.

Mike Jones, David played very well. when ivan lose, it is only fair to acknowledge how good the competition was isn't it?

Nalbandian, who lost to Federer in his opening Red Group game, was dazzling against Ljubicic, going 5-0 up before winning the first set in 32 minutes.
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4445990.stm)

lorenz
11-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Well Done David !!!!
BIEN !!!!!!!!!

He played very good tennis!!
I'm very Happy:woohoo:

Corey Feldman
11-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Well Done David !!!!
BIEN !!!!!!!!!

He played very good tennis!!
I'm very Happy:woohoo:

i'll give you v-cash if you tell me can Boca juniors beat Arsenal!!!!!
:D

PaulieM
11-17-2005, 01:33 PM
what happened to ivan? either way congrats david and ivan go rest up for DC. :)

mandoura
11-17-2005, 01:33 PM

Perfectly put. :yeah:

:lol: :worship:

mandoura
11-17-2005, 01:36 PM
i'll give you v-cash if you tell me can Boca juniors beat Arsenal!!!!!
:D

Yes. Go and bet on them braveheart :D .

RonE
11-17-2005, 01:39 PM
Well done to David :worship:

Fully deserved his semifinal berth.

Mind you i was a little disappointed Ivan didn't put up more of a fight. I was hoping to see an exciting tight match like the one they played in Madrid but it was not to be.

Golfnduck
11-17-2005, 02:01 PM
even Roddick could of beat Ivan today.
Roddick would have bageled Ivan, don't you worry.

User id 7816
11-17-2005, 02:32 PM
can you imagine, if David hadn't screwed up in the end of first set the match would have ended 6-0 6-2. :rolleyes:
David, why did you rob me off the fun. :mad:
but anyways, maybe if David can keep this up for two more matches he can finally win a big title?...:unsure: Atleast it would be nice if he does! :)

Carito_90
11-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Yes! Way to go David!

That's my man! :banana: :banana:

prima donna
11-17-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm a genius, I must have been one of the only people that predicted Nalbandian would beat Ivan in straights, but wait, I must confess! I had no idea that he would annihilate him like this. :devil:

Effka
11-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Now that's what i call a good return :worship:

well done David, and good luck against Nico. I hope to see you in the final :cool:

bluesky_rachel
11-17-2005, 03:30 PM
VAMOS DAVID!!!
PLZ TRY TO FOCUS ON SATURDAY!YOU CAN DO IT!

tennisinparis
11-17-2005, 03:32 PM
poor Ljubicic, I am kind of starting to feel bad for him. I mean he had an AWESOME chance at this tournament, but he just can't get it done. Well, hope he keeps up the good play into next year. Congrats to David, unfortunately he gets Davydenko so should be interesting match. Well, Ljubicic still has Davis Cup, so he has one more chance to prove he can play in big time situations, good luck.

have fun.

NYCtennisfan
11-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Ivan barely won 50% of the points when he got his 1st serve in, let alone the 2nd.

sigmagirl91
11-17-2005, 03:49 PM
This was some cringe-worthy stuff from Ivan.

NYCtennisfan
11-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Croatia needs to win the DC to keep the momentum going for Ivan into next year. A great year to be sure but those lingering doubts about losing big matches will still be there if he loses in DC.

Dexter_1986
11-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Vamos David! :bounce:

Easiest than I expected :yeah:

Horatio Caine
11-17-2005, 04:24 PM

Oh you'll never miss me Ducky! ;)

Where shall we begin then? :devil: :drool: :lick: :drink:

Scotso
11-17-2005, 04:33 PM
David! :bounce:

Lovely spanking :worship:

Horatio Caine
11-17-2005, 04:34 PM
to sum up the match. David woke up, got dressed, showed up at the site, and Ivan did the rest. David didnt even play good, thats how shitty Ivan played.

So this is the Ivan of mid-2005 and 2004 backwards ;) And no...Bandy of course didn't play well :rolleyes:

even Roddick could of beat Ivan today.

Meh...yeah! ;) Andy does better in pressure situations...Ivan fills his pants.

...and clear as water Federer has no practise for this tourney in 6 weeks and a dodgy ankle...Kolya has shoulder problems...but hey, they can still win! ;)

I would love to see the trolls repond here, because there little mind will break out there best stuff :lol:

Yep, there is just so much ground to cover ;) :lol: :devil: :drink:

but i have class all morning and it sadly miss it :lol:

You know you'll check back later...you can't resist. :lol:

have fun.

Don't doubt it :haha:

With Ancic, a former player who can only beat the crap out of old Mac now, a player who doesn't know which end of the racquet to hold, and a man who has just been murdered today by a guy that doesn't have his best results indoors... :help: :help: :help: ;)

prima donna
11-17-2005, 04:34 PM
David! :bounce:

Lovely spanking :worship:
:rolleyes:

ClaycourtaZzZz.
11-17-2005, 04:49 PM
:retard:

musefanatic
11-17-2005, 05:00 PM
What a great win from David, I didn't think he would win Ivan though!!! I thought he would woop him instead but it's a good win!

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Leave it to Murraymount to encapsulate his thoughts upon this thread in sublime, illuminating fashion as ever.

Clara Bow
11-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Yea to David! :)

I was only able to watch the first three games this morning before going to work- but from what I saw, David was playing great. To paraphrase PMac- he was playing very smartly and hitting the ball so well.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the match on Tivo later. Too bad that Ivan didn't bring his A-game. But I am very happy that David brought his.

Good luck in the semis David and good luck in DC Ivan.

hablovah19
11-17-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm so disappointed for Ljubo!

sigmagirl91
11-17-2005, 06:00 PM
Too bad that Ivan didn't bring his A-game.

It didn't look like Ivan brought his B or C game either.

adee-gee
11-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Its quite strange how the only hugely important matches that Ljubicic wins are in the Davis Cup. He just doesn't perform on the big stage when he's playing for himself.

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Fine by me, provided he can finish the job in December and go 12-0 - the first man since McEnroe in 1982 to achieve that if he does.

It was a staggeringly good start from Nalbandian, the commentators described the first three games as the best he's ever played and I found it hard to disagree, so I don't know how Jonesy can say that he didn't have to play well today. Ljubicic only really deteriorated when he went down a double break in the second set, that was when he started to make wild semi-tanking errors but Naba's domination had already been established by then and Ljubicic hadn't done too much wrong to get into such a dire position.

I had no idea about the comments from him before the match, so that explains the glee of many posters on here at the result, but I still say it's too early to declare with certainty that Ljubo will do nothing next year and doesn't belong in the elite of top players. Yes, it was evident from this match that Nalbandian has more talent than him off the ground, but then surely we all knew that beforehand? Fat Dave has more ability than most, that's hardly a revelation, but the big pay-off is still yet to come. Hopefully it isn't too far away (although I still hope it's not at this tournament - win the AO, Fatty!)

adee-gee
11-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Sjeng, you find the energy to write a post that long and you can't find the energy to rep me :sad:

I agree with everything you said by the way :D

sigmagirl91
11-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Fat Dave has more ability than most, that's hardly a revelation, but the big pay-off is still yet to come. Hopefully it isn't too far away (although I still hope it's not at this tournament - win the AO, Fatty!)

And why would you think that?

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Why would I hope the breakthrough isn't far away, or why would I hope it's not at this tournament? (And I am hoping, not thinking - I never think, or so I have been told by some in my time.)

Jimnik
11-17-2005, 07:09 PM
WOW Nalba :banana:

What a performance. Reminds me a little bit of the Hewitt-Roddick match at the TMC last year. When a big server suddenly sees his serves being returned, he doesn't know what to do. Classic example today.

Nalba - still the best returner in the world.

Jennay
11-17-2005, 07:33 PM
David :bigclap: :banana: :yeah:

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:34 PM
David :bigclap: :banana: :yeah:

ahhh too late the bandwagon is full, ;)

lau
11-17-2005, 07:35 PM
ahhh too late the bangwagon is full, ;)
And we should thank you for that. ;)

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:36 PM

edit; double post :)

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 07:36 PM
I think Jennay has been a Nalbandian fan since times past, Jonesy. Although I must admit, the concept of a bangwagon is an intriguing one. Please elaborate.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:38 PM

i thought it look like something between H and N-game.

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 07:39 PM
The L-game, I would assume, with David obviously bringing the N-game.

lau
11-17-2005, 07:39 PM
I know about Jennay, Sjengster, but IMO some people in MTF enjoyed watching Ivan loosing so badly because thay canīt stand some of his fans here.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:41 PM
I know about Jennay, Sjengster, but IMO some people in MTF enjoyed watching Ivan loosing so badly because thay canīt stand some of his fans here.

:lol: those people are so funny, they really try hard.

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 07:42 PM

Oh, undoubtedly. I've not been on here for the last couple of days, so when I read the match result thread I couldn't understand the extent of the delight from so many people at a Ljubo loss, but now that I know the controversy over his comments I can see where they're coming from.

But what can I say - I have nothing but good words for someone who specialises in the appreciation of winning steaks. We tennistic gourmands must stick together, after all.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Although I must admit, the concept of a bangwagon is an intriguing one. Please elaborate.

you're great thinker, its not that hard to understand

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 07:43 PM
you're great thinker, its not that hard to understand

The bandwagon, I can understand. The bangwagon? This might perhaps be a little more to my taste. ;)

lau
11-17-2005, 07:44 PM
The bandwagon, I can understand. The bangwagon? This might perhaps be a little more to my taste. ;)
:lol:

Jennay
11-17-2005, 07:45 PM
ahhh too late the bangwagon is full, ;)
:retard: :p

I've been a fan of Nalbandian since 2003, thanks.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:47 PM

:haha: the G and D are close on the keyboard :lol:

well you see a bangwagon is...ahh forget it ;)

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 07:49 PM
:haha: the G and D are close on the keybored :lol:

Typos are the root of all punning. ;)

Jennay
11-17-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure what this means. I'm happy that David is playing well and beat a player who has been on a hot streak, not because Ljubicic lost. Not all Roddick fans despise Ljubicic - so don't categorize.

Jennay
11-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Till you pointed this out, I didn't even realize that he typed 'bangwagon'. ;)

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 07:52 PM
But lau was referring to people who dislike Ljubo's fans (in other words, Mike Jones/nee Jerry Seinfeld/nee Rubber Ducky), not the player himself. Quite possible for dislike of the former to encourage people to root against the latter... it hasn't happened to me yet, though.

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 07:53 PM

Believe me, you have no idea how much mileage can be derived from a single errant or absent consonant. ;)

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:53 PM

but you are welcome to the 'bangwagon' :lol: :angel:

lau
11-17-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm not sure what this means. I'm happy that David is playing well and beat a player who has been on a hot streak, not because Ljubicic lost. Not all Roddick fans despise Ljubicic - so don't categorize.
Read my words, please.... SOME people in MTF enjoyed watching Ivan losing because the canīt stand SOME of IVANīS FANS ;)
I never talked about Roddick fans... In fact, I NEVER met here a Roddick an unbearable Roddick fan (yet? You never know who you`ll met...)

Jennay
11-17-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm sure I am. :p

Jennay
11-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Read my words, please.... SOME people in MTF ejoyed watching Ivan losing because the canīt stand SOME of IVANīS FANS ;)
I never talked about Roddick fans... In fact, I NEVER met here a Roddick an unbearable Roddick fan (yet?)
Sorry ;) The last part of my post wasn't directed towards you. I thought about editing it and mentioning that to you, but I'm lazy. :p

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Read my words, please.... SOME people in MTF enjoyed watching Ivan losing because the canīt stand SOME of IVANīS FANS ;)
I never talked about Roddick fans... In fact, I NEVER met here a Roddick an unbearable Roddick fan (yet?)

I covered this above. ;)

I'm quite in love with the ;) smiley tonight, I don't know why.

I've met a couple in my time, but in all honesty, my dislike of Roddick came first by a long way.

lau
11-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Sorry ;) The last part of my post wasn't directed towards you. I thought about editing it and mentioning that to you, but I'm lazy. :p
Donīt worry... me too and my English is not the best :D

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:58 PM
But lau was referring to people who dislike Ljubo's fans (in other words, Mike Jones/nee Jerry Seinfeld/nee Rubber Ducky), not the player himself. Quite possible for dislike of the former to encourage people to root against the latter... it hasn't happened to me yet, though.

those people are funny, good example are Escude and Its.like.that. these poor guys try to hard, its like there really believe that it affects me what they say on here :lol: so easy to make them look like fools.

lau
11-17-2005, 07:58 PM
I've met a couple in my time, but in all honesty, my dislike of Roddick came first by a long way.
Letīs say Roddick "is not my fave". But his fans here are great..., at least the ones I know.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm sure I am. :p

:yeah: :lol:

lau
11-17-2005, 07:59 PM
those people are funny, good example are Escude and Its.like.that. these poor guys try to hard, its like there really believe that it affects me what they say on here :lol: so easy to make them look like fools.
No, thanks to your nice work here, many others wanted to see Ivan losing...., not only Escude and Its.like.that ;)

lau
11-17-2005, 08:01 PM
You make some people have an unpleasant feeling about Ljubicic in their guts

Scotso
11-17-2005, 08:24 PM
RDucky sure is camping out in this thread for someone who doesn't really care about the result.

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 08:26 PM
I like to think that rather like a fine wine, the conversation has matured and progressed beyond the mere discussion of matchplay, hence the entrenchment of the Ducky in this thread.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 08:28 PM
I like to think that rather like a fine wine, the conversation has matured and progressed beyond the mere discussion of matchplay, hence the entrenchment of the Ducky in this thread.

this man knows words ;)

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 08:29 PM
RDucky sure is camping out in this thread for someone who doesn't really care about the result.

speaking of camping out in the forum :lol: remember what you said on 10-2-2005, ohh wait, look down 7cm on ur screen

lau
11-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Nop, ...sadly you were wrong...

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 08:32 PM
I did my best with the indifferent vintage that was on offer, lau.

lau
11-17-2005, 08:33 PM
I know, I know, and thanks for that :lol:

deekaye
11-17-2005, 08:34 PM

have fun.

"Mike Jones"
David didn't play good? You cannot be serious man. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

deekaye

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 08:35 PM
"Mike Jones"
David didn't play good? You cannot be serious man. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

deekaye

David played amazing, one of best matchs i seen him play, but 28UE from ivan helped :)

Sjengster
11-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Well Jonesy, you'd better edit your first post in this thread then to acknowledge Nalbandian's play, otherwise you end up looking a little inconsistent to say the least.

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Well Jonesy, you'd better edit your first post in this thread then to acknowledge Nalbandian's play, otherwise you end up looking a little inconsistent to say the least.

:lol: that was to fire up the crowd :cool:

you have no idea how fun a thread is after Ivan loses :p

Viken01
11-17-2005, 08:44 PM
You cannot be serious man. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

deekaye

*Viva Chile*
11-17-2005, 08:49 PM
I can't believe this result... I've never expected that Nalby could win that easily to Ljubo.

sigmagirl91
11-17-2005, 09:25 PM
I can't believe this result... I've never expected that Nalby could win that easily to Ljubo.

Believe it....it happened.

justClaudia
11-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Believe it....it happened.

:lol:

I couldn't believe it myself either...

David! :banana:

User id 7816
11-17-2005, 09:35 PM

as for Ivan as a player, I am only neutral, he doesnt do much for me.
but not everyone enjoys reading how terribly great he is all the time or is that a very wrong thought. dont come to Mtf you say and you're right.

disturb3d
11-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Ljubicic can thank his serve for this opportunity.

If he and David swapped serving ability.
Ivan would be struggling to make the top 50, and David would be #2 or #3.

Horatio Caine
11-17-2005, 09:54 PM
i thought it look like something between H and N-game.

It was the W game. W = wank :help:

Horatio Caine
11-17-2005, 09:57 PM
To be honest, I don't understand some of the anguish for Ljubo's loss.

I mean, he has a chance to peak at #4 early next year, possibly even #3. Hewitt only stands to lose from the Aussie and Roddick has SF pts to defend...the opportunity is there for him, Kolya and Bandy to make it. :scared:

El Legenda
11-17-2005, 09:59 PM

If i was born in US, i would have chance to be the president

did you ever think if Ljubicic had weaker serve, he would of worked more to develope other shots, he really cant improve the BH anymore, its one of best, FH is solid.

RickDaStick
11-17-2005, 09:59 PM

You are a dumbass, you can say that about any player. Nadal wouldnt be who he is without his speed, Roddick serve and forehand, Nalby without his return of serve so you make no sense as a good serve is just as important as good groundstrokes so If you took away every players strong part of their game then the ATP would not be very fun to watch.

Natasc
11-17-2005, 10:39 PM
I swer I was cheering for Nana (David), but one thing is cheer orther is believe
Ivan in a court that swits his game against David, I knew that nana could win, but well, I cant denie that I get a litle bit surprise!!

And what a good surprise!!
WOW!!
Now beat fed David!! :bowdown:

+alonso
11-17-2005, 11:57 PM
:eek: GREAT!!!! Well Done David :yeah: :worship:

sigmagirl91
11-17-2005, 11:59 PM

Bangwagon? Buddy, you're off-topic. ;)

nkhera1
11-18-2005, 05:13 AM
Good win for Nalbandian. RDucky welcome to the world of Roddick fans. He loses and he is crucified, but at least when Roddick is injured he can still put up a better fight than Ljubicic can when he is tired. Anyways I shouldn't even be bringing him into this match but I hope that Nalbandian advances to the final and plays Federer better than he did at the U.S. Open.

Duiz™
11-18-2005, 05:17 AM
Good win for Nalbandian. RDucky welcome to the world of Roddick fans. He loses and he is crucified, but at least when Roddick is injured he can still put up a better fight than Ljubicic can when he is tired. Anyways I shouldn't even be bringing him into this match but I hope that Nalbandian advances to the final and plays Federer better than he did at the U.S. Open.

:rolleyes::p

landoud
11-18-2005, 09:19 AM
well done nalbo... he deserves that wim