shit tennis masters [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

shit tennis masters

Rex
11-16-2005, 09:31 PM
im sorry for the lingo guys, but c'mon, the masters this year is crap.

NO MARAT, NO AGASSI, NO NADAL, NO RODDICK, NO HEWITT, and almost no federer.

Believe me, i do feel for those players with injury, as they want to still be playing tennis.

BUT STILL , its gotta be annoyin someone else out there... :(

madmanfool
11-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Off course it annoys every one
that's way there is a little revolution about shortening the season going on

David Kenzie
11-16-2005, 09:46 PM
I don't see why shortening ths season would prevent this from happening if you look each of these player's 2005 season.

Safin : he virtually dissapeared after the AO, and his season basically ended after Wimbledon (his knee was hurting before Wimbledon even)
Hewitt : for obvious reasons
Roddick : he has hardly played since the US Open after which he took a long time off.
Nadal : he played way too many optionals he didn't need to play in. I guess next year he will not make this mistake again.
Agassi : well we'll just have to get used to the Masters Cup without him soon anyway :(

DrJules
11-16-2005, 09:53 PM
There have been some very good matches; Nalbandian vs. Federer, Ljubicic vs. Federer, Puerta vs. Gonzalez. We have 2 matches which should both be close to determine the final semi-finalists. Admittedly, a number of players, Coria and Puerta, have found themselves to be out of their depth with this calibre of players. But Coria was grouped with 3 very high calibre players.

Tatanka
11-16-2005, 10:10 PM
There have been some very good matches; Nalbandian vs. Federer, Ljubicic vs. Federer, Puerta vs. Gonzalez. We have 2 matches which should both be close to determine the final semi-finalists. Admittedly, a number of players, Coria and Puerta, have found themselves to be out of their depth with this calibre of players. But Coria was grouped with 3 very high calibre players.

I agree with you. ;)

El Legenda
11-16-2005, 10:14 PM
whos fault is it, if someone of these players are not fit enough and get hurt, + all but hewitt, who pulled out could of played. and done well.

Rogiman
11-16-2005, 10:22 PM
could of
What do you mean by that?

El Legenda
11-16-2005, 10:27 PM
What do you mean by that?

most if not all, were not as hurt much as they say. I mean roddick didnt come cuz he didnt want to fly over because he thought that sitting 14 hours might hurt his back, its pretty bad in 1st class these days :confused: . Nadal plays Madrid fine and now he is hurt :rolleyes: , Agassi too old :p , Hewitts wife wont even have baby this week :lol: +does he really want to see a :baby: being born, its not a pretty site :lol: ;) .

adee-gee
11-16-2005, 10:28 PM
GM is horribly boring at the moment :zzz: I'm gonna bump up some old threads :p

Rogiman
11-16-2005, 10:31 PM
most if not all, were not as hurt much as they say. I mean roddick didnt come cuz he didnt want to fly over because he thought that sitting 14 hours might hurt his back, its pretty bad in 1st class these days :confused: . Nadal plays Madrid fine and now he is hurt :rolleyes: , Agassi too old :p , Hewitts wife wont even have baby this week :lol: +does he really want to see a :baby: being born, its not a pretty site :lol: ;) .
I don't question your reasoning, just the "could of" phrase...

BATES
11-16-2005, 10:43 PM
If you want to judge the cup for the players, yeah this TMC sucks.
If you want to judge the cup for the matches, we have a pretty good TMC going on.

DrJules
11-16-2005, 11:01 PM
It will be easier to decide if this year was bad after it has finished. However, the round robin matches have been better than last year. One semi-final and the final last year were both one sided.

Rogiman
11-16-2005, 11:08 PM
It will be easier to decide if this year was bad after it has finished. However, the round robin matches have been better than last year. One semi-final and the final last year were both one sided.
Actually the Roddick-Safin, Roddick-Henman, Safin-Henman, Hewitt-Moya, Federer-Moya and Federer-Safin matches were all rather entertaining, with Hewitt-Roddick being a sentimental favorite of mine for the entertainment value (great contribution by Rodick's volleys)...

Besides, at least you knew the real elite attended the event, unlike this year's joke.
I find it weird people even dare to compare - such a tournament isn't measured by the same standards other tournaments are, "nice" matches aren't enough - the quality of the field is what matters.

Domino
11-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Hewitts wife wont even have baby this week :lol: +does he really want to see a :baby: being born, its not a pretty site :lol: ;) .

For someone who wants to be a father, nothing could keep them from being there.

Besides, I have liked a lot of the matches so far, even Davydenko v Gaudio was highly entertaining stuff.

TenHound
11-17-2005, 02:11 AM
Hard to complain when the surface is Dangerous. I'm more annoyed that Roger is taking the risk of playing, than I am that the others pulled out.

And don't get down on Safin for it. He simply Must Not Play Period.

nobama
11-17-2005, 03:27 AM
So if we happen to see a Fed Ljubicic masters final it will still suck? What about last year when Hewitt kicked Roddick's ass in the semis only to have his ass kicked by Fed in the finals. Yeah that's sure exciting.

PaulieM
11-17-2005, 04:19 AM
remind me why this couldn't go in one of the other threads about how tmc sucks this year...

prima donna
11-17-2005, 04:24 AM
remind me why this couldn't go in one of the other threads about how tmc sucks this year...
:scratch: