meeting Grosjean [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

meeting Grosjean

ubrunjensen
09-28-2003, 09:15 AM
Hello everybody!
I know I keep posting messages, but I'm just so happy I found people who also care about tennis and Grosjean in particular.
If you ever met him what would be your first words? How would you react? I don't know what I would say, but I'm sure I would blush and feel embarrassed.
Have any of you actually seen him live and/or met him? What was he like? Please tell me he was nice and wonderful, don't shatter my illusions.

Lindsayfan
09-28-2003, 09:30 AM
I met him in Paris for Davis Cup semifinal.He is very shy,but nice.i just said "bonjour" and he replied "bonjour" and smiled ;)
Actually he's one of the nicest guy out there so if you'll meet him you could just ask him for an autograph or a pic together.something like "hi Seb,could I have your autograph,plz?" or "Seb,could i have a picture with you?" he'll answer "yes" for sure cos he's very kind.
I regret to not have asked him an autograph or a pic but the day I met him,i was looking only to Guy so I ignored everyone else! :p

stephB
09-28-2003, 11:11 AM
hey ubrunjensen. we dont have to shatter your illusions. seb is really really really nice. you can ask him everything he always will answer you. :) i met him quite often in different countries, and different cities and he always was soooooo cute!!! so you have to meet him. i´ll cross the fingers for that!

ubrunjensen
09-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Hello stephB,
I just knew he would be sweet...he looks adorable and really shy. But meeting him in person - I think he once played in Copenhagen Open, but that's ages ago, and since I'm only a substitute teacher I can't really afford to travel a lot. And my boyfriend has this strange dislike for Paris and the French...
stephB - are you new here, too? I just noticed that you joined in Sep 2003, just like me.
And Lindsayfan, you must be the luckiest girl alive!
To have actually met Grosjean, in Paris!
I could kill to get a chance like that!

Alison
09-28-2003, 01:40 PM
And my boyfriend has this strange dislike for Paris and the French...

Funny that :D ,so's mine.Especially French tennis players ;)

Alison

Marine
09-28-2003, 05:54 PM
Funny that :D ,so's mine.Especially French tennis players ;)

Alison

:awww: ...change of boyfriend...

stephB
09-28-2003, 07:09 PM
hey ubrunjensen. yes. i´m new here. i found this side because i was searching for some news about john van lottum. one of my favovrites next to arnaud and seb :). really sad that seb dont play in copenhagen since years. cannot understand. but..... who knows...

ubrunjensen
09-29-2003, 10:18 AM
Change my boyfriend?
Nah, couldn't do that, love him too much, I'll just have to live with the fact that I'll never get to see Paris in his company!
And besides, if a girl can't get the perfect guy (in this case Grosjean) she better make do with someone else...
Just kidding, of course! I love my boyfriend, but that won't stop me drooling whenever I watch Grosjean play.

sebgrosfan
09-30-2003, 05:15 PM
I've 'met' him maybe 2 or 3 times, when I say 'met him' that basicly means walking past him and saying hi or asking for a pic/autograph. In my experience he's always been really introverted and quiet. I'm pretty sure he said nothing at all when I asked him for an autograph and a picture (two seperate incidents) but just did what I asked for. The first time I bumped into him was the most memorable experience :) I went to my very first tennis tournament to see Seb play and when I entered the grounds, there he was going to practice. I was pretty shocked. So I said 'allez Seb!' and I also said "nice haircut!" because he just had his manes chopped off. He smiled and said thanks I guess. Then later that day I ran into him again (by way of stalking him of course) and I asked for an autograph but my pen didn't work so he was actually about to go into the players lounge to get another one when the pen started to write and he dropped his sweater and I picked it up and held it for a good 10 seconds and I said "merci" about 100 times :P As you can assume I was quite starstruck, ha ha!

I talked to his coach Thierry Tulasne last year at a tournament and he was really cool, much more spontanious than dear Seb. But I love'm anyway.

Marine
09-30-2003, 05:59 PM
According to medias and people who met him, seb is very shy with people he doesn't know. But I'm sure he is nice and polite.
It's the same with Paul Henri Mathieu and Richard Gasquet, if you ask them for pic or autograpgh, they'll be ok, but they won't talk, etc...
I think only Arnaud is more at ease with fans (but it depends...)

sebgrosfan
09-30-2003, 06:07 PM
Hey Marine, quick question, do you have the interview where Seb said the things in your signature? Sounds like a fun interview!

Marine
09-30-2003, 06:49 PM
It's not an interview, he said it in his book, "passing potes", it's Esther who sent me the chapter, and I love these 2 sentences, very funny !
(the godfather is Arnaud Clément :lol: )

Marine
09-30-2003, 06:52 PM
I don't have the chapter, but you can ask to Esther (when she will back from his holiday in france) , seb and arnaud are very cute and funnry when they speak about each other :D

Lindsayfan
09-30-2003, 09:22 PM
Just kidding, of course! I love my boyfriend, but that won't stop me drooling whenever I watch Grosjean play.

same here with Guy Forget ;) :p

esther
10-01-2003, 03:29 AM
marine- LOL about telling alison and ubrunjensen to change their boyfriends!!! havent u *met* arnaud or seb before marine? i dunno i've *met* them both but yeah with arnaud, he was in such a ...i dunno he just seemed really focused coz we saw him during practising before his singles match at AO but he didnt say nething or smile so we were too scared to say nething lol...and with seb...he was so much nicer...we saw him before his singles match too but he had about 2 hours before his and we asked for an autograph and then said good luck and stuf but i still believe that arnaud will only smile like he does for french girls!!!!!!!!! *mad* so i dunno about arnaud being more of a fan-friendly person *shrugs*

sebgrosfan- i cant believe he actually went to get a pen for you!! thats so sweet!!! i can send you the whole book if you want lol but it'll seem like a lot but it's definately worth reading so tell me if you want to read it and i'll be glad to send it to you!! (typed translations)

stephB
10-01-2003, 11:10 AM
hey esther! do you really think arnaud just smiles for french girls??

ubrunjensen
10-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Hello Esther,
What book by Grosjean? Do I get it right? Has he written some kind of book? If yes, when, how..? Has it been translated coz I don't understand French at all?
Please, more info about these interesting news.
And btw, thank you for your welcome greeting. I really enjoy being a member.

stephB
10-01-2003, 06:48 PM
hey ubrunjensen. seb and arnaud wrote a book together. it´s called "passing potes". and it´s not translated. only in french :( i also dont understand a word in french at all. but the pictures are great. i dont know if esther means that book???

Lindsayfan
10-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Seb and Arnaud didnt write any book!!!Some journalists from L'equipe wrote a book called "Passing Potes" about their friendship and asked seb and arnaud to reveal some anedocts,to share some pix etc.
It's not that arnaud smiles only to french girls..it's that arnaud speaks a horrible english so he isnt able to have a nice convo with any non-speaking french person.

Marine
10-01-2003, 08:14 PM
It's not that arnaud smiles only to french girls..it's that arnaud speaks a horrible english so he isnt able to have a nice convo with any non-speaking french person.

Well summarized ! lol
No, Esther, it's not that Arnaud didn't like you. If you introduce some french words, I'm sure he'll smile you. ;)

stephB
10-01-2003, 08:21 PM
sure arnauds english is not the best but you can have a good conversation with him. also if you dont speak french :) just meet him at the right moment. not in a bad mood. but mostly he isnt like that. i mean that is my experience. so maybe you see that in a different way. :)

Lindsayfan
10-01-2003, 09:45 PM
yes some ppl told me that arnaud is rude and cold when he loses or when he is in a bad mood.
on the other hand,he's also known to be one of the funniest and most outgoing boys out there so i think it depends a lot on which moment you meet him.usually i think that players in practising r always nicer than players before or after a match...

sebgrosfan
10-02-2003, 01:02 AM
I find Arnaud absolutely charming, even when he's rude :)

esther
10-02-2003, 06:25 AM
ubrunjensen and steph- if you want, i've translated the whole book into english so i can email it to you guys if you wanna read it...

yeah vale i mean it was just that day...i'm not saying that arnaud is rude always or nething but I’m just saying from the *experiences* I had, I thought seb was a lot nicer. *shrugs* still believe he only smiles like that for french girls and seb would be nicer if he lost compared to arnaud but that's them...still love them no matter what but yeah thats what i think!!

Alison
10-02-2003, 07:19 AM
ubrunjensen and steph- if you want, i've translated the whole book into english so i can email it to you guys if you wanna read it...

Me too?Please? :D

esther
10-02-2003, 07:24 AM
hehe sure alison i'll send it to you now--whats ur email?

stephB
10-02-2003, 12:13 PM
esther. that would be soooooooooooooo great if you could send me the translation!
@lindsayfan yes. arnaud can be very very funny. that is true! you can laugh alot with and about him :) so sweet!

esther
10-02-2003, 12:20 PM
whats your email steph? i have already sent it to alison...is fantastic book!

ubrunjensen
10-02-2003, 03:47 PM
Darling Esther! You're so nice!
Of course I would love to get my hands on that book! Can't believe you've translated it all and don't mind mailing it to people...
If there's anything I can do for you in return -
My e-mail is: u_brun@hotmail.com.
I can't wait to hear from you...
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

esther
10-02-2003, 03:54 PM
hehe well i originally decided to translate it for the person who ..its kind of complicated but 3 of us bought them from the internet and my friend did all the work and got it sent to me, so i decided to translate it for her but 3 other people wanted it as well so it was good :) it was relaly worth it coz 1) if i just read thru in french i probably wouldnt have read it in detail as i had to by translating it 2) i learnt hellava lot of french and 3) it made me an excuse to keep reading it and look at the pretty pictures ;)

the pictures are relaly the best part of it...and the anecedotes but tehres like 96 pages and at least ONE picutre on every page!! its so cool. you should try and get it, ubrunjensen!! ok will send it to u now...

its like early early morning and i havent slept yet but i think france has made my body clock gone spaz...:S

esther
10-02-2003, 04:05 PM
ok hotmail isnt working...will send later

stephB
10-02-2003, 09:54 PM
esther, here is my email adress: niqui@gmx.de
it´s really sooooooooo nice of you. i´m looking forward to know what the book is about :) i never learned french in school. just russian :( so i dont understand anything in that book :) just a few subtitles under the pictures. but that all. thank you thank you thank you!!!

esther
10-03-2003, 12:21 PM
ok sent it, steph and ubrunjensen ( i thought i had already sent it to you?!) :)

stephB
10-03-2003, 04:36 PM
thank you very much esther. hope i´ll soon find time for reading everything :)

esther
10-04-2003, 12:06 AM
:) youre welcome!

stephB
10-04-2003, 01:39 PM
:) yesterday i took a little time and read the first 2 chapters. very interesting to learn about their friendship. i didnt know that they didnt like each other very much before :) and now they are really good friends. unbelievable.

Lizan
10-04-2003, 01:58 PM
Esther, I would love to read it too.. Can you please please sent it to me too??? Sorry for asking, but my french is horrible too.. I can speak english, a little bit german, of course dutch en a little arabic!!

I hope you can sent it... If you want to this is my emailadres: lizanne_rademaker@hotmail.com
For me go's the same, if I can do anything in return let me know!!

esther
10-05-2003, 07:42 AM
steph - yeah i think thats the thing that everyone finds most surprising, how bitchy seb was to arnaud and how arnaud just put up with it...poor arnaud such a good friend lol

lizan- dont be sorry for asking!! like i said, i've already got it translated and its just sitting there so all i have to do is email it so its really nothing.

for you what's the same? im confused. newayz enjoy the book! :)

ubrunjensen
10-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Hi Esther,
When did you send the book about Seb & Arnaud?
Can't seem to find it on my mail.

Lizan
10-05-2003, 11:02 AM
thank you very much for the book..
That "for me go's the same" was, someone else said also when he or she could do anything in return (cause you sent her or him the book too) you just had to name it, so for me too :D very complicated, but I can't explain in another way.. :D

I know, my english is really bad.. But I'm trying my best to make you guys understand!!

esther
10-05-2003, 01:50 PM
ubrunjensen - damn i sent it yesterday...want me to send it again?

lizan- no no your english is perfectly fine, sorry i should have known what you meant. and youre welcome! :)

ubrunjensen
10-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Please do, Esther, if it's not too much trouble.
I just don't understand what has gone wrong.
Thanks again.

stephB
10-05-2003, 05:28 PM
hey esther. yeah. really really poor small arnaud :) (i mean actually seb isnt much taller). i didnt had time to read more. i had to work the whole night till 6a.m. and now the sunday is.......i´m sooooo tired :) but i already heard arnaud won in metz! thats so great.

esther
10-05-2003, 11:32 PM
hmm ok no problem, ubrunjensen, i'll send the book when i get home.

ARNANANANANANAUUUUDDDDDDD so so proud...know this is sebs forum but oohh i'm so happppy

stephB
10-06-2003, 10:21 AM
me too esther. so great for arnaud :)

rebel
10-06-2003, 11:57 AM
Hi everyone,

If you are interested in buying the book, I think I've seen it on the Canadian Amazon - and I'm going to buy it now, since I finally found it. (yay!!)

Esther, could I graciously and grovellingly ask you to send the English translation of the book to me as well? My email is rachaelbaez@hotmail.com

Thank you soooo soo much :wavey:

Has anyone got Aus Open tickets yet?? (for those of you who are going)
And does anyone know if Seb is playing in the Adidas international since they seem to have taken the player list off the website.. :confused:

I have to say I loved Seb's long hair (I may be in the minority with that) but he does look very cute with short hair too - it emphasises the dimples!!

Rebel

stephB
10-06-2003, 05:11 PM
hey rebel. i also like sebs long hair more. so you are not alone :)

esther
10-07-2003, 04:44 AM
nah havent bought AO tickets yet...you only buy them now if you want to get into Rod Laver and i never want to go to RL coz hmm ok i was about to say most of my players are never there but then i thought ok...jc and coria will probably/may be there next year lol newayz nah will only get ground passes. I asked Tennis Australia like last week when the commitment lists for Adidas, Adelaide etc were coming out but i they didnt reply...But i know Hopman's comes out late October so you may know around then or probably a bit after that...

esther
10-08-2003, 04:21 AM
rebel and ubrunjensen, ive sent it to you. I've sent the book chapter by chapter up to know, but before i sent it to you two i put it all together into one big word document so i hope its not too much to take in! have fun reading it!

esther
10-08-2003, 04:27 AM
tell me if it works...coz i tried to send it to both of you at the same time and that didnt work so i sent it one by one but had to try like 10 times so sorry if you get it more than once LOL

rebel
10-08-2003, 09:27 AM
Thanks Esther again - I did get the email and all was very well, and it has inspired me to buy the book. :)

The reason I went so crazy on buying the Rod Laver Tickets for the AO is because I have a knack of missing out on things, due to procrastination.
I'll be in Melb for at least a week, so I'll be making the most of it. I'll get to see all of the other cool players you guys love so much (the ones I don't pay attention to because of my blinding love for Sebastien!!) :worship:

StephB - so glad we're in the "long-hair-loving-category". I thought I was alone on that one.

Alison
10-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Rebel,you are not alone.I loved his hair long too,but quite like it now as well.

I've just ordered the book.Had a look at Amazon Canada,but found it on Amazon France as well.It will be delivered a lot quicker(I am in U.K :rolleyes: )for about the same price:cool: I'm so proud of myself too,cos it was all in French :eek: :eek,but I got my little dictionary and phrase book out,and it wasn't as hard as I thought :D

stephB
10-08-2003, 04:59 PM
rebel, alison. so now we are three who like more his long hair. and i´m shocked everythime again when he cut it.
alison, how much do you have to pay for that book? do they sell it in cananda? i had to buy it in france. they dont sell it here. just in amazon in internet (i think of france??). but the costs are so expensive. puh.

esther
10-08-2003, 10:57 PM
rebel- heheh i'm so happy that you are goign to buy the book...i have convinced so many people to buy it now...well not so many but like 3/4...heheh plus whoevers deciding to buy it now...neway you guys will definately not regret it!! is the best book

Alison
10-09-2003, 07:18 AM
StephB,I ordered it from Amazon France rather than Amazon Canada because it takes ages to get anything from Canada(I know,I've done it before :rolleyes: )It was between 6-8 weeks from Canada,from France 2-3 days :eek: What a difference!I paid 19 euros + 5(?I think! :rolleyes: )euros postage.

The only problem I had was it was all in French,and my French is awful.It's a lot better now though :D And I did make sure I ordered the right thing :rolleyes: ,I won't be getting 27 copies of the latest 'Knitting Fashions' book :) I hope :eek:

stephB
10-09-2003, 04:47 PM
:) yeah. i had the same problem. i heard about the book before the tournament in halle. a friend of mine told me about. and then i saw at the tourney. there i decided to buy it :) but everything in french. and i dont speak any words. i never learned it in school :( so it´s great that we all got the translation. really really great!

Lindsayfan
10-09-2003, 08:06 PM
is it safe to buy things on Amazon?I've bought just 1 jersey on internet and i was so scared they were going to steal my money from my credit card!
I'd love to buy the new Lance Armstrong book...that's why i'm asking.

Alison
10-10-2003, 09:37 AM
As long as you buy from a secure site (it usually has a padlock symbol) you'll be okay.We've bought loads of stuff from all over the world from a fleece coat for one of my dogs(from Canada),a signed picture(from New York),a digital camera(from America),t-shirts(also from the States),tons of stuff now I come to think of it :eek:
I've had things from Amazon U.K before,but they don't have Passing Potes,so I used Amazon France.

Alison
10-10-2003, 01:59 PM
:D My book has just come! :D It's the right one! :D I ordered it Wednesday and today is Friday! :D

:D :D :D

Andi
10-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Hi, I bought it from Amazon France on Weds as well though it hasn't arrived yet. I meant to get it earlier in the year, but you guys reminded me. It'll be a real test of my French! Amazon France must be wondering what the sudden rush of Passing Potes to England is about - especially when there were only 2 left when I looked!

Alison
10-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Fingers crossed it arrives soon :)

Be warned,there are some very 'odd' pictures in it ;)

stephB
10-10-2003, 05:26 PM
is now anybody here who dont have the book? the great book???? so nice!

rebel
10-12-2003, 06:11 AM
Hey Alison, what do you mean by "odd" pictures? (Glad you love the long hair too!) I still haven't got my book yet, but I'm not in a huge hurry, esp since I now have the lovely translation.. :)

Amazon is usually very good. I've ordered stacks of stuff including CD's, DVD's and my husband got me a beautiful book by a designer named Gruau that ended up arriving water damaged. We told them (Amazon) what happened and they sent us a replacement no questions asked. They are also good at translating stuff if you are not a native speaker (but you have to be able to get to the help page in the original language for the help!!)

Lizan
10-12-2003, 12:48 PM
I don't have the book either Steph. But the Translations are great, so when I'm in france and I see it in a store I might buy it then..

stephB
10-12-2003, 04:40 PM
you should do :) very very nice book and very nice pictures :) i love that book

esther
10-13-2003, 01:39 AM
lol nooo there really isnt THAT many porno pics...maybe like...every 3rd page or so? LOL no i'm kidding. its actually very clean...definately worth buying.

Alison
10-13-2003, 03:27 PM
Hey,Andi !,

Has your book come yet?

Andi
10-16-2003, 01:02 PM
Hi Alison! How art thou?

The book arrived Monday - excellent! I love the pic on page 49 - so graceful! Elegance, poise, balance....

Alison
10-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Hi Andi :)

I love that one too. :drool: What do you think of the one on page 81?I think he should wear that with the red shoes, NOT :D

Page 39 does it for me too :D ;)

sebgrosfan
10-16-2003, 02:41 PM
Could anyone who has the book and a scanner, put a scan of the picture(s) of Seb in Boca Raton and the page 39 and 49 pics here on the forum?

Merci beaucoup!

Alison
10-16-2003, 07:51 PM
Will this do?

http://muchos.co.uk/members/Pumpkin/Thumb%20p49.jpg :D

Alison
10-16-2003, 07:57 PM
And this one? Page 39

http://muchos.co.uk/members/Pumpkin/Thumbpage%2039.jpg

:drool: :D

stephB
10-16-2003, 09:26 PM
no words just :drool:

Andi
10-16-2003, 11:04 PM
Actually, most of the pictures look good to me - whatever the clothing!

I think its lovely he has such a close relationship with Clement.

rebel
10-17-2003, 06:25 AM
Oh my God!
Those pictures are so gorgeous!!

I was tempted to use one as my screen saver, but I know I'll never get any work done.. :drool:

esther
10-17-2003, 06:51 AM
Oh my God!
Those pictures are so gorgeous!!

I was tempted to use one as my screen saver, but I know I'll never get any work done.. :drool:

LOL Rebel!!

Alison
10-17-2003, 06:51 AM
I think its lovely he has such a close relationship with Clement.

For a second there I thought you said a CLOSET relationship! :eek: :lol:

esther
10-17-2003, 06:52 AM
For a second there I thought you said a CLOSET relationship! :eek: :lol:

LOL!! oooh thats funnny

Lizan
10-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Wow great pictures..

sebgrosfan
10-17-2003, 04:37 PM
excellent!! Thanks girls! If you have more, by all means, hook us up :D

Alison
10-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Hey Sebgrosfan! :) ,glad you liked them,

I'll see what I can do.Any requests?
While the scanner's doing it's stuff I'll do some more! ;)

Lizan
10-17-2003, 05:28 PM
that would be so great..

sebgrosfan
10-18-2003, 07:29 PM
requests? anything sexy ofcourse, that goes for Nono as well but Sebbie's my boy so he should be your priority ;) I'd love to see a pic of his place in La Floride and a pic of his chubby cheeks! :D

Lizan
10-18-2003, 07:30 PM
chubby cheeks????

sebgrosfan
10-18-2003, 08:08 PM
Apparantly Seb was a little puffed up when he was a kid. He credits it to his mom feeding him sandwiches all day long.

esther
10-19-2003, 01:52 AM
Apparantly Seb was a little puffed up when he was a kid. He credits it to his mom feeding him sandwiches all day long.

omg
u was laughing about that for DAYS
oooh soooo fuuuuuuunnnyyy

Alison
10-19-2003, 04:45 PM
and a pic of his chubby cheeks!

I don't have any pics like that! ;) Wouldn't mind though :D ;),I shall see what I can do later :)

esther
10-20-2003, 05:50 AM
he actually didnt look THAT fat in the kid photos...lool theres not really one that really emphasises his chubby cheeks is there

Lizan
10-20-2003, 03:56 PM
You mean that ski-picture?? He looks so cute in the picture. That's the only one I know from his kid pictures..

ubrunjensen
10-20-2003, 08:38 PM
lovely pictures, really -
but I must say I agree with whoever it was who said that poor Grosjean certainly wasn't all that cute as a kid/teenager. I mean, for crying out loud, the disastrous hairdo, not long and not short, just sort of big in a terrible 80's look!
And the period with the goatee - what a mistake, even if he is a French musketeer! No, he's definitely so much better looking today!
Anyone know who's the opponent in the first match in St Petersburg?

esther
10-21-2003, 05:30 AM
hehehe i think he looked his BEST at Masters Cup Sydney...was soooooooooo gorgeous during that time!!

Seb plays KOUBEK first round on centre court. GO SEB

ubrunjensen
10-21-2003, 09:43 AM
Hi Esther, thanks for the information, was too lazy to find it out myself. Koubek shouldn't be too difficult. Sad really, but never saw Masters in Sydney, didn't even know that Grosjean joined the best 8 - had completely forgotten about him until I suddenly rediscovered him at French Open this year! I know, don't tell me, it's pathetic - how could I possibly FORGET about him??? But tennis faded away from Danish television and I got wrapped up in football (soccer) - love it even more than tennis, especially the Champions League and the Spanish first division. Real Madrid is my club, sorry for talking about the completely wrong topic!
Figo and Raúl are the only men more gorgeous than our Grosjean...

Marine
10-21-2003, 10:22 AM
Figo and Raúl are the only men more gorgeous than our Grosjean...
:eek: Figo ?? ... :rolleyes:
I hate Real, even with Zidane in the team ! :p

Lizan
10-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Esther, you mean these don't you?? (MASTERS CUP 2001 Sydney)

Lizan
10-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Love this one the best

Lizan
10-21-2003, 01:22 PM
BTW is he in tears when he holds the trophee in his hands??

esther
10-22-2003, 02:38 AM
NO he wasnt in tears!! my poor sebie- he wasn't actually that sad coz like he looked really upset before the speeches but he was SOOOOOO cute during the speeches!!! he was like first of all i'd like to congwatulate leyton for finishing the year...as number one.
interviewer: have u been happy with ur week here?
seb: yeah...but of course *looking realy happy* ...forgot what else he said but was like yeah happy to reach final and relaly happy to be here after having to win bercy to qualify etc etc

ooh how much i loved that masters cup...altho it REALLY sucked because we only got live coverage on monday...and the weekend but most of the matches were delayed and at like 1am or sth which i was so pissed off about but i saw all of his matches....

that was the time where i REALLY started loving him as much as i do now...coz you have to make a speech after you win and they were SOOOOOO cute...it was really weird after he beat Rafter, him and the interviewer woman, i think they had this inside joke about DC or something coz the Davis Cup final was just a week and bit after that right so they were talking about that and they both started laughing like...yeah like we havent talked about this enough already...

and then during the final she's like where do you go after this? and he goes (with a REALLY cheeky smile trying not to laugh) he's like...heheh yeah i'm going down to Melbourne...*smiles* and pwactise on gwass...and then everyone started laughing...

was really strange...never found out what that joke was about but was the cutest thing ever.

Lizan- thanks for those photos! i hadnt seen them before!

esther
10-22-2003, 02:43 AM
he played that tournament SO well...if hewitt wasnt there...imagnie what he could have done

shame he lost his next like 3 matches after that tho but newayz lol. damn i want to see that tournament again i'm goign to watch the speeches again now lol

ubrunjensen
10-22-2003, 09:00 AM
Oh no! How could anyone hate Real Madrid??? Ok, Zidane...Beckham...not too fond of those guys, but I really like Figo's hair (!) and I love that Raúl always look so sad even when he's laughing! Besides I just admire the way they play all attacking football - their defense suck, though - and alright, let's not forget this forum is about Grosjean and tennis...I almost got carried away!
Talking about Grosjean. Yes, he looks nice, but very young - and indeed he seems very close to tears. I just so hate that he lost to Hewitt, of all people!

ubrunjensen
10-22-2003, 04:51 PM
Have looked thru the pix again and am wondering if I'm the only who simply cannot look at him sans shirt? I mean, he's ever so cute when fully dressed or in tennis outfit - but there's something so unappealing about even the sexiest guy with bare and hairy torso!
I really dislike hairy chests.

Alison
10-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Have looked thru the pix again and am wondering if I'm the only who simply cannot look at him sans shirt?

I shall keep looking;just for research you understand ;)

ubrunjensen
10-22-2003, 07:59 PM
I like your scientific approach...
Would probably do the same if not so touchy on the subject of HAIR...only like lots of it on heads!

Alison
10-22-2003, 08:52 PM
At least he hasn't got a hairy back :eek: :bolt:

sebgrosfan
10-22-2003, 09:57 PM
hairy chest = good
hairy back = BAD!!!

esther
10-23-2003, 07:37 AM
LOL
what a gross topic of discussion...theres pic of him topless in passing potes..is pretty yuk actualy lol

ubrunjensen
10-23-2003, 04:18 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who don't find topless men sexy!
Okay, Alison, you're right about the hairy backs, about the only thing more disgusting than hairy chests! Basically I think I just want men to be without bodyhair if at all possible...especially if they're otherwise cute and do get in a position where taking off shirts is likely to happen!
Grosjean has hopefully never changed shirt on court in full view of audience...? Don't know why I'm so against this, maybe I'm a little prudish?
Oh, but in the case of Nalbandian taking off his shirt, I didn't really mind coz he's got the best shoulders ever - and he's fuzzfree, thank God!

sebgrosfan
10-24-2003, 01:24 AM
In the words of Johnny Mac: You cannot be serious!!!

Hairy chests are good, they are masculine, they make boys men. I hate bare chests, it's girly :)

Esther, show us the pic you find gross, than we can all see for ourselves (a lame excuse to drool at Seb's chest hair...)

rebel
10-24-2003, 01:38 AM
I have to agree with Sebgrosfan - hair in the right places is a good thing. I hate bare chests too - it's a bit feminine. Let's face it, Seb is a pretty hairy boy. It's funny that we're talking about this... :)

Alison
10-24-2003, 07:33 AM
I have no problems with hairy chests,as long as it's not too hairy :D ,as long as they don't have to brush it! :p

But if you think Seb's hairy,you ain't seen nothing yet! ;) Have a look at this site,and you'll think he's as smooth as a baby's bum ;) http://www.hairyback.com/gallery/

Just don't be eating anything when you look at this site :eek:,go on,have a look.I dare you ;) :scared: :D

How did we get onto this subject LOL :D

ubrunjensen
10-24-2003, 09:03 AM
:haha: Don't know about the topic, but can't help laughing!
Hmm, maybe it's just because I'm Asian born..? Asians don't have a lot of bodyhair. And I don't mean NO HAIR AT ALL is the right thing, I'm just saying that I don't like a lot of hair, especially not on chest and back!
I fully agree that men with hairless legs and arms are not really men, but little boys - but I still get this nauseating feeling when looking at really hairy topless men, including Grosjean, sorry! YUK!
Dying of curiosity here! What pic of Grosjean with no shirt on? And that Esther find so sickening?
As soon as I can find some courage I will take up your challenge, Alison, and have a look at the modern Neandethal!
Right, we need to find another topic very soon or people will think we're perverts! ;)

esther
10-24-2003, 11:12 AM
lol its not *SICKENING* just isnt the greatest of pics thats all..may alison would do the honours in scanning it...

ubrunjensen
10-26-2003, 07:50 PM
Just don't be eating anything when you look at this site :eek:,go on,have a look.I dare you ;) :scared: :D

:eek: How gross! How can you do such a thing, Alison, challenge poor innocent people to look at REALLY hairy backs??? He's wearing a knitted sweater, for the love of God, it can't possibly be bodyhair...I'm in a state of shock! Oh no, now I certainly don't think Grosjean is hairy at all, quite the opposite! Will never talk about this topic ever again, I promise you... :p

esther
10-27-2003, 07:16 AM
LOL!!!

Alison
10-27-2003, 08:40 AM
Hahahaha!I knew you wouldn't be able to resist it!LOL.
I bet you've saved it to 'favourites' haven't you?!LOL

A guy tried to chat me up on holiday(he was French by the way!),and he was soooooo hairy!It was gross!
All he had on was a teeny tiny pair of swimming thingys!Turns my stomach just remembering it!
My kids and partner saw it and couldn't stop laughing,they said he looked like a guy dressed in a monkey suit!He looked like a gorilla in a thong!!!!!LOL!They still laugh when there's a monkey on tv!
I did my best to avoid him for the rest of the week!Took my big dog every where I went to try and scare him away!
He probably needed more grooming than my dogs!LOL!Ugh!!

ubrunjensen
10-28-2003, 01:30 PM
:haha: That's what I mean when I say hairy!!! I just don't understand why some men and women actually think hairy is good! The mere thought of having to touch a hairy back makes me shudder... :eek:
When I worked as an au pair in Madrid I met this guy whose nickname was "el peludo" - which means "the hairy one" - my Spanish was a bit crappy back then, I didn't know what his friends meant, and I actually went out on a few dates with him...until the day he had a party on his birthday, insisted on doing a strip, and took off his shirt! That was the end of me going out with "el peludo"!
Really, it's the number one turn-off for me.
But it was a blast to see 'your' hairy men! :D
Confronting your fears are supposed to be good for you, right?

esther
10-29-2003, 04:41 AM
LOL oh you guys crack me up
...ok 'el peludo'...will remember that

ubrunjensen
10-29-2003, 07:45 AM
Can't believe I actually told you guys about my misadventures in Madrid! Don't laugh too hard, it was a real gross discovery! Haunted me for years and made me prefer younger men with little bodyhair...maybe I'm like Grosjean, I like my partner to be younger than me? Ha Ha!

Alison
10-29-2003, 10:09 AM
:haha: I'm glad I'm not the only one to have an encounter with a hairy creature :rolleyes:

But at least I didn't actually go on a date with mine :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

ubrunjensen
10-29-2003, 10:14 AM
Right, do make fun of me coz of ONE mistake in my dark past! Ha ha! And I should have said I'm like Grosjean's WIFE in liking my partner to be younger than me...

esther
11-01-2003, 12:23 AM
hehehe ohhh funny