Will Federer lose less than 10 matches in 2006 ? YES he will, or NO he won't lose ... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Federer lose less than 10 matches in 2006 ? YES he will, or NO he won't lose ...

TheMightyFed
11-15-2005, 02:32 PM
6 in 2004
less than 6 in 2005 already secured...
Will he go on at this rythm ?

mishar
11-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Less than 10 or less than 6? Your poll is slightly confusing.

I don't think Federer will lose more than 6 matches next year.

BlackSilver
11-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Yes

TheMightyFed
11-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Less than 10 or less than 6? Your poll is slightly confusing.

I don't think Federer will lose more than 6 matches next year.
Less than 10 to take a round figure, less than 10 being already pretty incredible for any player...
6 or less than 6 three seasons in a row would be amazing, from another standpoint I don't see what would prevent him from doing that....

artlinkletter
11-15-2005, 02:58 PM
I accidently chose no :mad: but i would like to change it to yes

mishar
11-15-2005, 03:20 PM
It would be shocking if he lost 10 times. At this point he owns all of his main rivals. Only Safin & Nadal have been able to play him at best equally over the last 2 years and they are both injured. There could always be a freak loss, or a new talent as great as his (Gasquet? Berdych?) but I don't see it happening 10 times.

Fumus
11-15-2005, 03:24 PM
He's going to run into to bigger talents, gasquet, berdych, nadal, etc....there are plenty of guys who can rival him now and he's going to start losing.

The domination is over. ;)

Galaxystorm
11-15-2005, 03:27 PM
He will lose more matches than this year, but how many i don't know :shrug: , maybe between 5 and 10

Horatio Caine
11-15-2005, 03:30 PM
I can't see him losing more than 10.

If he plays the full 13 mandatory events, and presumably the Masters Cup again, then he should lose more than 3 times at least.

RonE
11-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Tough to say- he has been going at full throttle now for 2 and a half years and it has to stop at some point. I am hoping he will be able to keep it up but that will depend on how he positions his schedule.

R.Federer
11-15-2005, 03:35 PM
How can anyone make such predictions now?
It will depend on his condition, the draws, others' condition and so on

TheMightyFed
11-15-2005, 03:40 PM
How can anyone make such predictions now?
It will depend on his condition, the draws, others' condition and so on
It's not the first time we do predictions on this board... what I meant with this thread is that if someone said last year "Fed lost 6 times but next year he will lose even less matches" all people around would have called him nuts, insane or crazy guy. ANd the guy would have been right ! So.. less or more ?

NYCtennisfan
11-15-2005, 03:41 PM
He's probably going to play about the same amount of tournaments he played this year i.e. 15-17 and I see him probably winning at least 8 titles again next year. Very few players have ever gone three straight full years without losing 10 matches in that stretch.

TheMightyFed
11-15-2005, 03:43 PM
He's probably going to play about the same amount of tournaments he played this year i.e. 15-17 and I see him probably winning at least 8 titles again next year. Very few players have ever gone three straight full years without losing 10 matches in that stretch.
I know you would come up with key information NYCtennisfan. Do you have figures on that ? Who has done a 2-year streak with less than 10 losses ? Lendl ? Mac ? Borg ?

R.Federer
11-15-2005, 03:45 PM
It's not the first time we do predictions on this board... what I meant with this thread is that if someone said last year "Fed lost 6 times but next year he will lose even less matches" all people around would have called him nuts, insane or crazy guy. ANd the guy would have been right ! So.. less or more ?
LESS definitely!!!!
In fact, he will not lose at all (since we are all going on a limb with predictions, why not be bold?) ;)

Deea
11-15-2005, 04:07 PM
I think he will lose more matches then he lost this year..that's for certain! A lot of guys will be able to challege him...and if Marat gets well soon...well...maybe they will play more than two times (like this year, when he once won and the second time was very close to winning on grass, his least favourite surface)! So :confused: ...let's wait and see! ;)

R.Federer
11-15-2005, 04:11 PM
like this year, when he once won and the second time was very close to winning on grass, his least favourite surface)! So :confused: ...let's wait and see! ;)
I think Marat is a great competitor for Roge, most of their matches are close
Just as marat came close one time, Roge came close another time (in fact, Roge had mp in the match he lose, while marat did not come that close)

TennisGrandSlam
11-15-2005, 04:17 PM
He's going to run into to bigger talents, gasquet, berdych, nadal, etc....there are plenty of guys who can rival him now and he's going to start losing.

The domination is over. ;)

gasquet? just an overrated guy

nadal? just a mix of Chang + Muster

berdych? I think murray is better than him :wavey:

NYCtennisfan
11-15-2005, 04:18 PM
I know you would come up with key information NYCtennisfan. Do you have figures on that ? Who has done a 2-year streak with less than 10 losses ? Lendl ? Mac ? Borg ?

Hi there md. I have it written down somewhere and I will post it in support of this thread. :)

NYCtennisfan
11-15-2005, 04:20 PM
He will lose more matches next simply because I don't think anyone will ever go an entire season again losing only 3, 4, or 5 times.

Then again, there was a poll at the beginning of this season asking if Federer would win 10 tournaments again and not many people outside the ranks of Fed supporters thought he could do it since only Nastase and Connors had won 10+ back to back.

Bubba08
11-15-2005, 04:25 PM
It depends on his injuries. :angel:

landoud
11-15-2005, 04:33 PM
yes

case
11-15-2005, 04:36 PM
He will lose more matches in 2006. I predict 18 losses! :lol:
As is it was stated before-there are young players who are hungrier than Hewitt, Agasssi, Roddick. I think they are also better-better than Hewitt, Agasssi (at least that ghost of a player that shows up these days) and Roddick and have potential to be better than Federer. So much of his winning is staying cool and his own hype-he really isn't God out there (granted a lot of it well deserved) he might keep his cool, but he can't keep that hype up forever.

Gasquet, Berdych, Monfils, Nadal have the talent to take him on a continuing basis. Federer can also be taken on clay by other players

He is also OLD!!

DrJules
11-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Ivan Lendl lost less than 10 from 1985 to 1989 (5 successive years) according to Tennis Corner. An incredibly underated player.

uNIVERSE mAN
11-15-2005, 05:12 PM
I accidently chose no :mad: but i would like to change it to yes

don't worry about it, you're canadian.

tennisman.
11-15-2005, 09:00 PM
He will win all matches next year

TheMightyFed
11-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Ivan Lendl lost less than 10 from 1985 to 1989 (5 successive years) according to Tennis Corner. An incredibly underated player.
If this stat is true this is amazing, but Lendl was Mr. Consistency, the spiritual father of Fed, a little like Darth Vader, for Luke :)
Actually it seems that Borg NEVER lost more than 10 matches per year... he used to play less than Fed, but still...

Jennay
11-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Yes.
He is also OLD!!
Federer? Federer isn't even old for tennis standards. :retard:

If this comment was sarcastic, I totally missed that and apologize. :p

Jennay
11-15-2005, 10:44 PM
don't worry about it, you're canadian.
:haha: :tape:

redsox1133
11-15-2005, 10:52 PM
i just dont want him to break johnny macs record...thats all i ask

KoOlMaNsEaN
11-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Less than 10 No Doubt.

Jimnik
11-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Who will beat him next year?

Nadal will surely win a match against him at some point but who else? Will Marat be able to pull out another top performance? I don't see Hewitt or Agassi beating him.

I have a small hunch that Ancic, Roddick, Karlovic (or somebody) will beat him at Wimbledon next year.

prima donna
11-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Who will beat him next year?

Nadal will surely win a match against him at some point but who else? Will Marat be able to pull out another top performance? I don't see Hewitt or Agassi beating him.

I have a small hunch that Ancic, Roddick, Karlovic (or somebody) will beat him at Wimbledon next year.
Roddick? :wavey: Earth to Jimnik, wake up! Roddick will be more than happy to just accept defeat if he can take just a single set from Roger.

Jimnik
11-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Andy can do it. On a good day he can play some unbelievable tennis - these days are easy to spot because he actually hits backhand winners.

All he needs is to have his good day on 9 July 2006, and he'll beat Roger.

I like to think that he can't play worse than he did this year and that Roger can't play better.

Hope, hope, hope is all I've got left for my favs...

oz_boz
10-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Roger is still not safe, if he loses in two indoor tournaments and three RR matches in YEC he will have 10 losses. Not that the chance is very big though.

CmonAussie
10-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Roger is still not safe, if he loses in two indoor tournaments and three RR matches in YEC he will have 10 losses. Not that the chance is very big though.
:wavey:
Roger is safe;)
~~~~~~~~~I predict he`ll lose 2-more matches this year:cool: ..Maybe one at Madrid or Basel & then one during the RR stage at TMC~~..>>though I expect Fed to win Shanghai TMC:angel: ~~which will be sweet revenge for his heartbreaking 5-set loss to Nalbandian last year:devil:

Anyway if my prediction proves correct he`ll have 7-losses total for 2006;)

Tankman
10-12-2006, 01:20 PM
it might be a bit early, but i just can't see roger losing in madrid/basel/paris... however 3 weeks consecutive might be a bit tough to pull off- the only time he's played 3+ weeks consecutive all season was right at the start of this year and he lost to haas in kooyong

TMC will be tougher than last year too considering none of the major contenders are out as yet... how he does there though depends on nadal's form as well as whether nalbandian can hold off baghdatis to qualify for TMC... i dont think anyone except for those two can even think about beating federer there

I♥PsY@Mus!c
10-12-2006, 05:44 PM
I hope but I don't think so! :o

Jimnik
10-12-2006, 07:38 PM
:lol: Oh well...
Mario never came close and as for Andy and Ivo... :unsure: ..oh dear! :o They really had terrible grass seasons, by their standards.

Rafa came closest to beating him on grass.