sigmagirl91
11-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Special Ed. tennis at its finest.

silverwhite
11-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Apart from the serving, it WAS very good tennis, my Empress! :kiss:

R.Federer
11-15-2005, 02:35 PM
So seems like david and ivan will fight it out for the second semifinale spot from this group
Hard to make a prediction on that one for me

BlackSilver
11-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Who the hell said that the worst serve was the one of Nalbandian or the one of Volandri ? :)

rrfnpump
Guille :tears: :bigcry:
again a meltdown at a Masters match

LLeytonRules
Does Fed still need to play Coria?I

RonE
Well done David :worship:

It was a little more complicated than it should have been but that was also attributable to Coria's great play. Very enjoyable match, well played Guille and David :D

sigmagirl91
Apart from the serving, it WAS very good tennis, my Empress! :kiss:

Good if you're willing to engage in slow torture.

sigmagirl91
11-15-2005, 02:37 PM

Yeah....

gravity
11-15-2005, 02:37 PM
I watched the final game of the match. And David was in spectacular form. Clearly he's going to win this whole thing now. Vamos David! :banana:

RonE
11-15-2005, 02:38 PM

Need to or not to, he is going to play him. If he wins it will guarantee him a top spot finish in his group.

So now Roger is guaranteed a semifinal berth with the second semifinalist from the group to be decided by the Ljubicic-Nalbandian showdown.

After the exciting match they played in Madrid I am really looking forward to that one :)

mickymouse
11-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Apart from his serving, Coria was quite excellent today.
The match between Nalbandian and Ljubicic will be interesting since both will have something to fight for. Also, a good returner versus a good server...will be interesting to see who prevails.

sigmagirl91
11-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Need to or not to, he is going to play him. If he wins it will guarantee him a top spot finish in his group.

So now Roger is guaranteed a semifinal berth with the second semifinalist from the group to be decided by the Ljubicic-Nalbandian showdown.

After the exciting match they played in Madrid I am really looking forward to that one :)

I'll figure that up on the spreadsheet KarstenBraasch#1 has on the Shanghai forum.

George_Hanson
11-15-2005, 02:40 PM

Even if Fed loses to Coria (yeah, right) he can be passed only by Ljubo or Nalbandian. But he has the positive H2H with both and that's what counts... Federer secured the 1st place even if he gets double bagelled by Guille

R.Federer
11-15-2005, 02:41 PM
No, he does not need to I think
Even if he lose to coria, he is 2-1
and either ivan or david will also be 2-1

which means Roge and someone else is going to the Semi finale

BlackSilver
11-15-2005, 02:41 PM
This was FUN tennis.

Fun, fun and more fun

And Coria's double faults were the funniest part :)

ms_raikkonen
11-15-2005, 02:42 PM
nice match :clap2: congrats to david. he played great.. both of them did i think except for guillermo's 14 df. the rallies were entertaining. :clap2:

silverwhite
11-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Good if you're willing to engage in slow torture.

What?? There were some amazing rallies!

Goonergal
11-15-2005, 02:43 PM
I enjoyed the match, some great points. But, the less said about Coria's serving the better :o

sigmagirl91
11-15-2005, 02:44 PM
No, he does not need to I think
Even if he lose to coria, he is 2-1
and either ivan or david will also be 2-1

which means Roge and someone else is going to the Semi finale

Roger still needs to play Coria, and I don't see him losing-unless he has a major brain fart (like lose in straight sets). If that happens,then David and Ljubo may be your semifinalists.

LLeytonRules
11-15-2005, 02:44 PM
I know that Fed is guarantee a spot in the semis already, that i know, so how much would he be up too, in playing Coria, he should take Coria out in 2 sets.

Caralimon
11-15-2005, 02:45 PM
What?? There were some amazing rallies!

Yes, get rid of the whole service thing, and you get an interesting match to watch.

silverwhite
11-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Roger still needs to play Coria, and I don't see him losing-unless he has a major brain fart (like lose in straight sets). If that happens,then David and Ljubo may be your semifinalists.

Nope. It's Roger and either David or Ljubo. :p It doesn't matter though, IMO. At this point, I can't see him losing to anyone from the Gold Group. :shrug:

ToanNguyen
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
nice match :clap2: congrats to david. he played great.. both of them did i think except for guillermo's 14 df. the rallies were entertaining. :clap2:
14 DFs from Coria? You must be joking. Is that the most DFs for 2 sets? I cannot imagine it.

Eléa
Nalbi won? great! :cool: especially because that means that Guille lost and won't be in the semi :devil:
At least one good news in my crappy day :lol:

RonE
Even if Fed loses to Coria (yeah, right) he can be passed only by Ljubo or Nalbandian. But he has the positive H2H with both and that's what counts... Federer secured the 1st place even if he gets double bagelled by Guille

Even if he loses to Guille he will have won two matches. Ivan and Nalb have each lost one match so one of them will win 2 matches and one only 1 after their encounter. So worse case scenario, Roger has 2 wins and 1 loss and either Ivan or David have 2 wins and 1 loss. In this scenario only Roger and the winner of Nalb-Ljub wll have won 2 matches and the other two only 1 match so Roger might finish #2 in the group but he will still feature in the semifinals.

R.Federer
I know that Fed is guarantee a spot in the semis already, that i know, so how much would he be up too, in playing Coria, he should take Coria out in 2 sets.
if david should beat ivan in straight sets:

a) and Roger should beat coria (straight or 3 sets), then Roge is the leader of this group because of 3-0

b) If Roge should lose to coria then david is the leader of this group going into semi finales, because of winning two of his matches in straights

sigmagirl91
Nope. It's Roger and either David or Ljubo. :p It doesn't matter though, IMO. At this point, I can't see him losing to anyone from the Gold Group. :shrug:

If David plays like he did today, he has a chance.

R.Federer
11-15-2005, 02:50 PM
That is incorrect I think

Roge is guaranteed a spot regardless of the outcome of the Coria match now.

He can be at worst 2-1, and EITHER (but not both) david or ivan can be 2-1, but not better., Which means ivan and david fight it out for the next spot, but Roge is going to the semi finales, most likely with 3-0

RonE
11-15-2005, 02:52 PM

I am not sure that is the case, as the primary field which counts is the amount of matches won and lost. Roger still has 2 victories even if he loses to Coria and then the loser between Nalbandian and Ljubicic will have won only 1 match.

If there is a case where three players are tied with 2 wins and 1 loss each then the number of sets won and lost is taken into consideration to break the tie. And if after that there is still a tie then the amount of games won/lost by each player is examined and if after that there is STILL a tie then the head to head record between two players will determine which one will go through.

In this case, winner of Nalb Ljub match will have two wins one loss, as would Roger should he lose the Coria match.

Both Coria and the loser between Nalb-Ljub would have 1 win and 2 losses.

So the two players with the 2 wins and 1 loss each would qualify i.e. Federer and the winner between Ljubicic and Nalbandian.

George_Hanson
Even if he loses to Guille he will have won two matches. Ivan and Nalb have each lost one match so one of them will win 2 matches and one only 1 after their encounter. So worse case scenario, Roger has 2 wins and 1 loss and either Ivan or David have 2 wins and 1 loss. In this scenario only Roger and the winner of Nalb-Ljub wll have won 2 matches and the other two only 1 match so Roger might finish #2 in the group but he will still feature in the semifinals.

3) The final standings of each group shall be determined by the first of the following methods that apply:
a) Greatest number of wins;
b) Greatest number of matches played;
c) Head-to-head results if only two (2) players are tied, or if three (3) players are tied, then:
i) If three (3) players each have one win, a player having played less than all three (3) matches is automatically eliminated and the player advancing to the Single Elimination competition is the winner of the match-up of the two (2) players tied with 1-2 records; or
ii) Highest percentage of sets won; or
iii) Highest percentage of games won.
iv) If (i), (ii) or (iii) produce one superior player (first place), or one inferior player (third place), and the two remaining players are tied, the tie between those two players shall be broken by head-to-head record.
4) If ties still exist after the above procedures, the Steering Committee shall make the final determination.

how comes?

Fed loses to Guille and Bandy wins with Ljubo

1. both have two wins
2. both have played 3 matches
3. H2H - Federer won

Fed loses to Guille and Ljubo wins with Bandy

1. 1. both have two wins
2. both have played 3 matches
3. H2H - Federer won

Fed wins

1. Federer has 3 wins

sigmagirl91

And at that point, it will come down to sets and games won between David and Ljubo. Had Ljubo won today, he would have been second behind David.

LLeytonRules
Ok, i understand, so its huge to be up 3-0.Is there any way that Ivan can be in the final?Opposite Roger?

sigmagirl91
11-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Ok, i understand, so its huge to be up 3-0.Is there any way that Ivan can be in the final?

He has to beat David, and whoever he's matched up against in the Gold Group to get to the final.

R.Federer
11-15-2005, 02:55 PM
And at that point, it will come down to sets and games won between David and Ljubo. Had Ljubo won today, he would have been second behind David.

Well, it would depend on how ivan had won -- in straights or in 3
If he had won in straights, he would not have been behind, but ahead of david

R.Federer
11-15-2005, 02:56 PM
please, lets spare a thought for the other group also!!!! :lol:

I dont think nikolai must be ruled out from getting to finales!

silverwhite
11-15-2005, 02:56 PM
If David plays like he did today, he has a chance.

I was referring to the GOLD group. :p

RonE
11-15-2005, 02:57 PM

At this point it will simply come down to who wins between Ljubicic and Nalbandian.

Had Ljubo won today, he would be leading the group with 2 wins. Then it would get more complicated if Roger beat Coria and Nalbandian beat Ljubicic as each one- Nalbandian, Federer and Ljubicic will have 2 wins and 1 loss- and then it will boil down to the other parameters (sets won/lost, games won/lost etc).

tennyfan
11-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Any fashion reports?

artlinkletter
11-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Any fashion reports?

I wanted to ask what Coria was wearing but hesitated.

ms_raikkonen
11-15-2005, 03:11 PM
14 DFs from Coria? You must be joking. Is that the most DFs for 2 sets? I cannot imagine it.

you read it right, 14 DFs from coria. i'm not joking.. but he deserves a big laugh :lol: i have no idea though if it's the most dfs in 2 sets :confused:
:wavey:

R.Federer
11-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Anyone know if they are showing the david match at noon on ESPN2, or repeat of Roge's match?

ms_raikkonen
11-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Any fashion reports?
:lol: guillermo wore the same tight-fitting, sexy shirt. i think he was wearing a white cycling shorts (i'm not sure if that's what you call it) under his short shorts.
nice body :hearts:

sigmagirl91
11-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Well, it would depend on how ivan had won -- in straights or in 3
If he had won in straights, he would not have been behind, but ahead of david

Had Ljubo won that TB, David would have been ahead.

R.Federer
11-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Had Ljubo won that TB, David would have been ahead.
Yes that is correct. This is why i said "it would depend on whether ivan win in straights or in 3"

Hey, do you know if ESPN noon match is showing the david match or repeat Roge?

krystlel
11-15-2005, 03:44 PM
I normally don't post very much, but after reading the comments on the match, I felt like I had to. I was watching the ABC coverage in Australia and I had to endure Fred Stolle whining the entire match on the poor quality (he said the rallies were repetitive), so I was surprised to see others actually enjoyed it. I thought it was quite entertaining in the first set mainly but then I got frustrated later. In the second set, Nalbandian made too many errors off the forehand particularly and obviously Coria's double faults ruined it a bit too, though he was really solid and consistent most of the time off the ground which probably caused some of Nalbandian's errors.

NYCtennisfan
11-15-2005, 03:56 PM
12 breaks in 2 sets on fast indoor surface.....

Congrats to Nalbandian. Nalbandian vs. Ivan is going to be a good one.

Bubba08
11-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Well done David. :woohoo:

landoud
11-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Well done nalby

sigmagirl91
11-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Yes that is correct. This is why i said "it would depend on whether ivan win in straights or in 3"

Hey, do you know if ESPN noon match is showing the david match or repeat Roge?

Knowing ESPN, they'll show Agassi-Davydenko in a rerun.

R.Federer
11-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Knowing ESPN, they'll show Agassi-Davydenko in a rerun.
They are showing the Federer match from the morning (which I had to get up for very early!!!!). I cannot believe it
But I guess a live show is better than rerun

sigmagirl91
11-15-2005, 04:52 PM
They are showing the Federer match from the morning (which I had to get up for very early!!!!). I cannot believe it
But I guess a live show is better than rerun

Oh well.....too bad no one gets to see the retard match live or on tape delay. It sure was fun following online.

Dexter_1986
11-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Congratz David :yeah: :D

musefanatic
11-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Well done David! :)

Sugar Kane
11-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Thank you Nalbi :hearts:

jazz_girl
11-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Well done David!!!! :)

DrJules
11-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Considering the problems that Coria had with his serve, 14 double faults in 2 sets, Nalbandian should have won easier. If Coria does not solve this problem with his serve he could easily drop out of the top 10.

Experimentee
11-16-2005, 04:29 AM
The serving was poor, there were so many breaks it was like a WTA Dementieva match. I havent seen any top 10 male player serve as badly as Coria did!
Some of the rallies were entertaining, but mostly the points ended in UE's. I've seen better matches between these two.

safdem
11-16-2005, 04:34 AM
well done david :yeah:
good luck against ivan :)